Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in St Louis, Missouri, United States
Locale: St Louis, Missouri, United States
Publications862 found, 100 shown here
- Yang L, Jackson E, Woerner B, Perry A, Piwnica Worms D, Rubin J. Blocking CXCR4-mediated cyclic AMP suppression inhibits brain tumor growth in vivo. Cancer Res. 2007;67:651-8 pubmed..These data indicate that the clinical evaluation of phosphodiesterase inhibitors in the treatment of patients with brain tumors is warranted. ..
- Okazaki M, Gelman A, Tietjens J, Ibricevic A, Kornfeld C, Huang H, et al. Maintenance of airway epithelium in acutely rejected orthotopic vascularized mouse lung transplants. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2007;37:625-30 pubmed..Thus, the model of vascularized mouse lung transplantation may provide a new and more physiologic experimental tool to study the interaction between immune and nonimmune mechanisms affecting airway pathology in lung allografts. ..
- Samson W, Zhang J, Avsian Kretchmer O, Cui K, Yosten G, Klein C, et al. Neuronostatin encoded by the somatostatin gene regulates neuronal, cardiovascular, and metabolic functions. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31949-59 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate diverse neuronal, neuroendocrine, and cardiovascular actions of a somatostatin gene-encoded hormone and provide the basis to investigate the physiological roles of this endogenously produced brain/gut peptide. ..
- Radi Z. Pathophysiology of cyclooxygenase inhibition in animal models. Toxicol Pathol. 2009;37:34-46 pubmed publisher..Certain ophthalmic conditions such as glaucoma and keratitis are associated with increased COX-2 expression, suggesting a potential role in their pathophysiology. ..
- Uluçkan O, Becker S, Deng H, Zou W, Prior J, Piwnica Worms D, et al. CD47 regulates bone mass and tumor metastasis to bone. Cancer Res. 2009;69:3196-204 pubmed publisher..CD47 is a novel therapeutic target to strengthen bone mass and diminish metastatic tumor growth in bone. ..
- Schuessler R, Ishii Y, Khagi Y, Diabagate K, Boineau J, Damiano R. The effects of inflammation on heart rate and rhythm in a canine model of cardiac surgery. Heart Rhythm. 2012;9:432-9 pubmed publisher..Cardiac surgery increases the postoperative HR by reducing HRV, mostly because of a reduction in vagal tone. Furthermore, the magnitude of these changes is dependent on the degree of inflammation and is normalized by corticosteroids. ..
- Xiao Q, Ford A, Xu J, Yan P, Lee K, Gonzales E, et al. Bcl-x pre-mRNA splicing regulates brain injury after neonatal hypoxia-ischemia. J Neurosci. 2012;32:13587-96 pubmed..These results suggest that alternative pre-mRNA splicing may be an important regulatory mechanism for cell death after acute neurological injury and may potentially provide novel targets for intervention. ..
- Holtze S, Lukac M, Cizelj I, Mutschmann F, Szentiks C, Jelić D, et al. Monitoring health and reproductive status of olms (Proteus anguinus) by ultrasound. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182209 pubmed publisher..In summary, ultrasound proved a valuable tool to support conservation and captive breeding programs by allowing non-invasive assessment of physiological parameters, clinical condition, and reproductive status in olms. ..
- Jones A, Francis R, Schedl T. GLD-1, a cytoplasmic protein essential for oocyte differentiation, shows stage- and sex-specific expression during Caenorhabditis elegans germline development. Dev Biol. 1996;180:165-83 pubmed
- Zhuo M, Holtzman D, Li Y, Osaka H, DeMaro J, Jacquin M, et al. Role of tissue plasminogen activator receptor LRP in hippocampal long-term potentiation. J Neurosci. 2000;20:542-9 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate that interactions between tPA and cell surface LRP are important for hippocampal L-LTP. ..
- Dube P, Handley S, Lewis J, Miller V. Protective role of interleukin-6 during Yersinia enterocolitica infection is mediated through the modulation of inflammatory cytokines. Infect Immun. 2004;72:3561-70 pubmed..These data provide further insight into the intricate cytokine signaling pathways involved in the regulation of inflammatory responses and the control of bacterial infections. ..
- Loh J, Chu D, O Guin A, Yokoyama W, Virgin H. Natural killer cells utilize both perforin and gamma interferon to regulate murine cytomegalovirus infection in the spleen and liver. J Virol. 2005;79:661-7 pubmed..Thus, contrary to previous reports, NK cells utilize both Pfp and IFN-gamma to control MCMV infection in the spleen and liver. ..
- Geerling J, Engeland W, Kawata M, Loewy A. Aldosterone target neurons in the nucleus tractus solitarius drive sodium appetite. J Neurosci. 2006;26:411-7 pubmed..These unique aldosterone target neurons may represent a previously unrecognized central convergence point at which hormonal and neural signals can be integrated to drive sodium appetite. ..
- Mumm J, Williams P, Godinho L, Koerber A, Pittman A, Roeser T, et al. In vivo imaging reveals dendritic targeting of laminated afferents by zebrafish retinal ganglion cells. Neuron. 2006;52:609-21 pubmed..Dendritic targeting of prepatterned afferents may thus be a novel mechanism for establishing proper synaptic connectivity. ..
- Li W, Bribriesco A, Nava R, Brescia A, Ibricevic A, Spahn J, et al. Lung transplant acceptance is facilitated by early events in the graft and is associated with lymphoid neogenesis. Mucosal Immunol. 2012;5:544-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, events contributing to lung transplant acceptance are established early in the graft and induction of bronchus-associated lymphoid tissue can be associated with an immune quiescent state. ..
- Sacchettini J, Frazier M, Chiara D, Banaszak L, Grant G. Amino acid sequence of porcine heart fumarase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;153:435-40 pubmed..Porcine heart fumarase displays 96% identity to human liver fumarase. Prediction of the secondary structural elements of porcine fumarase indicate that the enzyme contains a large amount of alpha helix with very little beta structure. ..
- D SOUZA SCHOREY C, Stahl P. Myristoylation is required for the intracellular localization and endocytic function of ARF6. Exp Cell Res. 1995;221:153-9 pubmed..Thus, although prenylation can replace myristoylation for membrane association, the latter appears to be critical for the proper targeting and biological activity of ARF6. ..
- Holliday L, Welgus H, Fliszar C, Veith G, Jeffrey J, Gluck S. Initiation of osteoclast bone resorption by interstitial collagenase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:22053-8 pubmed..These results indicate that interstitial collagenase can function as a "coupling factor," allowing osteoblasts to initiate bone resorption by generating collagen fragments that activate osteoclasts. ..
- Kishore N, Huynh Q, Mathialagan S, Hall T, Rouw S, Creely D, et al. IKK-i and TBK-1 are enzymatically distinct from the homologous enzyme IKK-2: comparative analysis of recombinant human IKK-i, TBK-1, and IKK-2. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:13840-7 pubmed..Thus, although these IKKs are structurally similar, their enzymatic properties may provide insights into their unique functions. ..
- Wong K, Park H, Wu J, Rao Y. Slit proteins: molecular guidance cues for cells ranging from neurons to leukocytes. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2002;12:583-91 pubmed
- Wairkar Y, Toda H, Mochizuki H, Furukubo Tokunaga K, Tomoda T, DiAntonio A. Unc-51 controls active zone density and protein composition by downregulating ERK signaling. J Neurosci. 2009;29:517-28 pubmed publisher..The Unc-51-dependent inhibition of ERK activity provides a potential mechanism for synapse-specific control of active zone protein composition and release probability. ..
- McNulty S, Abubucker S, Simon G, Mitreva M, McNulty N, Fischer K, et al. Transcriptomic and proteomic analyses of a Wolbachia-free filarial parasite provide evidence of trans-kingdom horizontal gene transfer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45777 pubmed publisher..flexuosa lysate and stained specific worm tissues by immunohistology. Future studies will be required to determine the exact functions of Wolbachia-like peptides and proteins in O. flexuosa and to assess their roles in worm biology...
- Jablonka Shariff A, Boime I. A novel carboxyl-terminal heptapeptide initiates the regulated secretion of LH from unique sub-domains of the ER. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65002 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that, at least for LH, the molecular decision to enter the regulated secretory pathway is a pre-Golgi event controlled by the novel C-terminal heptapeptide. ..
- Weil G, Sethumadhavan K, Santhanam S, Jain D, Ghosh T. Persistence of parasite antigenemia following diethylcarbamazine therapy of bancroftian filariasis. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1988;38:589-95 pubmed
- Mermall V, McNally J, Miller K. Transport of cytoplasmic particles catalysed by an unconventional myosin in living Drosophila embryos. Nature. 1994;369:560-2 pubmed..This is, to our knowledge, the first direct observation of transport catalysed by an unconventional myosin in living cells. ..
- Mercer R, Biemesderfer D, Bliss D, Collins J, Forbush B. Molecular cloning and immunological characterization of the gamma polypeptide, a small protein associated with the Na,K-ATPase. J Cell Biol. 1993;121:579-86 pubmed..These results are consistent with the notion that the gamma subunit is specifically associated with and may be an important component of the Na,K-ATPase. ..
- Guan Z, Buckman S, Pentland A, Templeton D, Morrison A. Induction of cyclooxygenase-2 by the activated MEKK1 --> SEK1/MKK4 --> p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:12901-8 pubmed..Together, this data suggests a potential role for the MEKK1 --> SEK1/MKK4 --> p38 MAPK -->--> Cox-2 cascade linking members of the MAPK pathway with prostaglandin biosynthesis. ..
- Ulyanova T, Shah D, Thomas M. Molecular cloning of MIS, a myeloid inhibitory siglec, that binds protein-tyrosine phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14451-8 pubmed..Moreover, MIS exerted an inhibitory effect on FcgammaRI receptor-induced calcium mobilization. These data suggest that MIS can play an inhibitory role through its ITIM sequences. ..
- Burr J, Kimzey S, Randolph D, Green J. CD28 and CTLA4 coordinately regulate airway inflammatory cell recruitment and T-helper cell differentiation after inhaled allergen. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2001;24:563-8 pubmed
- Lewis S, Listenberger L, Ory D, Schaffer J. Membrane topology of the murine fatty acid transport protein 1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37042-50 pubmed..This study provides the first experimental evidence for topology of a member of the family of plasma membrane fatty acid transport proteins. ..
- Wilson M, Sun Y, Cao L, Majerus P. Inositol 1,3,4-trisphosphate 5/6-kinase is a protein kinase that phosphorylates the transcription factors c-Jun and ATF-2. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:40998-1004 pubmed..These findings establish a link between two major signal transduction systems: the inositol phosphates and the stress response system. ..
- Jenkins C, Han X, Mancuso D, Gross R. Identification of calcium-independent phospholipase A2 (iPLA2) beta, and not iPLA2gamma, as the mediator of arginine vasopressin-induced arachidonic acid release in A-10 smooth muscle cells. Enantioselective mechanism-based discrimination of mammalia. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32807-14 pubmed
- Bethin K, Nagai Y, Sladek R, Asada M, Sadovsky Y, Hudson T, et al. Microarray analysis of uterine gene expression in mouse and human pregnancy. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:1454-69 pubmed
- Kim K, Hou P, Gorski J, Cooper J. Effect of Fgd1 on cortactin in Arp2/3 complex-mediated actin assembly. Biochemistry. 2004;43:2422-7 pubmed..Moreover, if Fgd1 is multimerized, then cortactin's activity should be enhanced. Fgd1 and cortactin may participate as scaffolds and signal transducers in a positive feedback cycle to promote actin assembly at the cell cortex. ..
- Chakravarthy M, Pan Z, Zhu Y, Tordjman K, Schneider J, Coleman T, et al. "New" hepatic fat activates PPARalpha to maintain glucose, lipid, and cholesterol homeostasis. Cell Metab. 2005;1:309-22 pubmed..These results suggest that products of the FAS reaction regulate glucose, lipid, and cholesterol metabolism by serving as endogenous activators of distinct physiological pools of PPARalpha in adult liver. ..
- Sun S, Liang H, Trinkaus K, Cross A, Armstrong R, Song S. Noninvasive detection of cuprizone induced axonal damage and demyelination in the mouse corpus callosum. Magn Reson Med. 2006;55:302-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that lambda(parallel) and lambda(perpendicular) may be useful in vivo surrogate markers of axonal and myelin damage in mouse CNS white matter...
- Feng Y, Zhao H, Luderer H, Epple H, Faccio R, Ross F, et al. The LIM protein, Limd1, regulates AP-1 activation through an interaction with Traf6 to influence osteoclast development. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:39-48 pubmed..These results implicate Limd1 as a potentially important regulator of osteoclast development under conditions of stress. ..
- Yang X, Weisenfeld A, Rothman S. Prolonged exposure to levetiracetam reveals a presynaptic effect on neurotransmission. Epilepsia. 2007;48:1861-9 pubmed..Using a combination of electrophysiological and cellular imaging techniques, we carefully tested the hypothesis that LEV directly interferes with neurotransmitter release...
- Rettig M, Ramirez P, Nervi B, DiPersio J. CXCR4 and mobilization of hematopoietic precursors. Methods Enzymol. 2009;460:57-90 pubmed publisher..This chapter describes current procedures used to phenotypically and functionally characterize murine and human HSPCs mobilized by G-CSF or plerixafor. ..
- Mabon M, Scott B, Crowder C. Divergent mechanisms controlling hypoxic sensitivity and lifespan by the DAF-2/insulin/IGF-receptor pathway. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7937 pubmed publisher..However, RNAi knockdown of these genes did not prolong lifespan. These genes definitively separate the mechanisms of hypoxic sensitivity and lifespan and identify biological strategies to survive hypoxic injury. ..
- Siedlecki A, Jin X, Thomas W, Hruska K, Muslin A. RGS4, a GTPase activator, improves renal function in ischemia-reperfusion injury. Kidney Int. 2011;80:263-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, RGS4 antagonizes the development of renal dysfunction in response to IRI. ..
- Razani B, Zhang H, Schulze P, Schilling J, Verbsky J, Lodhi I, et al. Fatty acid synthase modulates homeostatic responses to myocardial stress. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:30949-61 pubmed publisher..These data implicate a novel relationship between FAS and calcium signaling in the heart and suggest that FAS induction in stressed myocardium represents a compensatory response to protect cardiomyocytes from pathological calcium flux. ..
- Swiecki M, McCartney S, Wang Y, Colonna M. TLR7/9 versus TLR3/MDA5 signaling during virus infections and diabetes. J Leukoc Biol. 2011;90:691-701 pubmed publisher..This highlights the complexity of the host antiviral response and how multiple cellular and molecular components balance protective versus pathological responses. ..
- Fairfax K, Amiel E, King I, Freitas T, Mohrs M, Pearce E. IL-10R blockade during chronic schistosomiasis mansoni results in the loss of B cells from the liver and the development of severe pulmonary disease. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002490 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data describe a role for IL-10-dependent B cell responses in the regulation of tissue damage during a chronic helminth infection...
- Huang C, Nie L, Schoonover R, Guo Z, Schirra C, Anastasio M, et al. Aberration correction for transcranial photoacoustic tomography of primates employing adjunct image data. J Biomed Opt. 2012;17:066016 pubmed publisher..The results establish that our reconstruction methodology can effectively compensate for skull-induced acoustic aberrations and improve image fidelity in transcranial PAT. ..
- Wang L, Maslov K, Xing W, Garcia Uribe A, Wang L. Video-rate functional photoacoustic microscopy at depths. J Biomed Opt. 2012;17:106007 pubmed publisher..High-resolution anatomical imaging is demonstrated in the mouse ear and brain. Via fast dual-wavelength switching, oxygen dynamics of mouse cardio-vasculature is imaged in realtime as well. ..
- Bidder M, Latifi T, Towler D. Reciprocal temporospatial patterns of Msx2 and Osteocalcin gene expression during murine odontogenesis. J Bone Miner Res. 1998;13:609-19 pubmed..In toto, these data suggest that Msr2 suppresses Osc expression in the craniofacial skeleton at stages immediately preceding odontoblast and osteoblast terminal differentiation. ..
- Zhao T, Heyduk T, Allis C, Eissenberg J. Heterochromatin protein 1 binds to nucleosomes and DNA in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:28332-8 pubmed..Together, these observations suggest that HP1 may serve as a cross-linker in chromatin, linking nucleosomal DNA and nonhistone protein complexes to form higher order chromatin structures. ..
- Imamura T, Asada M, Vogt S, Rudnick D, Lowe M, Muglia L. Protection from pancreatitis by the zymogen granule membrane protein integral membrane-associated protein-1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50725-33 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Itmap1 plays an essential role in trypsinogen activation and that both impaired and augmented trypsinogen activation can be associated with increased severity of pancreatitis. ..
- Ghosh P, Dahms N, Kornfeld S. Mannose 6-phosphate receptors: new twists in the tale. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2003;4:202-12 pubmed..But trafficking of acid hydrolases is only part of the story. Evidence is emerging that one of the receptors can regulate cell growth and motility, and that it functions as a tumour suppressor. ..
- Gui D, Tsekos N. Fast magnetization-driven preparation for imaging of contrast-enhanced coronary arteries during intra-arterial injection of contrast agent. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2006;24:1151-8 pubmed..3-7.1 in the CE coronary vessels. This work demonstrates that fast magnetization-driven preparation schemes can be implemented for fast imaging of CE coronary vessels with efficient saturation of background species. ..
- Jeffry J, Kim S, Chen Z. Itch signaling in the nervous system. Physiology (Bethesda). 2011;26:286-92 pubmed publisher..In this review, we examine some of the molecular mechanisms underlying itch sensation with an emphasis on recent studies in rodents. ..
- Fontebasso A, Papillon Cavanagh S, Schwartzentruber J, Nikbakht H, Gerges N, Fiset P, et al. Recurrent somatic mutations in ACVR1 in pediatric midline high-grade astrocytoma. Nat Genet. 2014;46:462-6 pubmed publisher..This work considerably expands the number of potential treatment targets and further justifies pretreatment biopsy in pediatric mHGA as a means to orient therapeutic efforts in this disease. ..
- Shapiro S, Griffin G, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Welgus H, et al. Molecular cloning, chromosomal localization, and bacterial expression of a murine macrophage metalloelastase. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:4664-71 pubmed..MME is therefore a true metalloproteinase that may be involved in tissue injury and remodeling. ..
- Sims H, Lowe M. The human colipase gene: isolation, chromosomal location, and tissue-specific expression. Biochemistry. 1992;31:7120-5 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the isolated gene for human colipase contains tissue-specific promoter activity in the 5'-flanking DNA. The 28-bp region specifically binds to a factor in nuclear extracts. ..
- Hershey A, Dykema P, Krause J. Organization, structure, and expression of the gene encoding the rat substance P receptor. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:4366-74 pubmed..These results are discussed in relation to the evolutionary role of multiple exons for a G protein-coupled receptor and with regard to the locations and mechanisms of substance P receptor gene expression. ..
- Singer L, Whitehead W, Akama H, Katz Y, Fishelson Z, Wetsel R. Inherited human complement C3 deficiency. An amino acid substitution in the beta-chain (ASP549 to ASN) impairs C3 secretion. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:28494-9 pubmed
- Brandt J, Djouadi F, Kelly D. Fatty acids activate transcription of the muscle carnitine palmitoyltransferase I gene in cardiac myocytes via the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:23786-92 pubmed
- DeMattos R, Bales K, Parsadanian M, O Dell M, Foss E, Paul S, et al. Plaque-associated disruption of CSF and plasma amyloid-beta (Abeta) equilibrium in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. J Neurochem. 2002;81:229-36 pubmed..These findings suggest that there is a dynamic equilibrium between CNS and plasma Abeta, and that plaques create a new equilibrium because soluble CNS Abeta not only enters the plasma but also deposits onto amyloid plaques in the CNS. ..
- Jung J, Pashia M, Nishimoto S, Faddis B, Chole R. A possible role for nitric oxide in osteoclastogenesis associated with cholesteatoma. Otol Neurotol. 2004;25:661-8 pubmed..Although AG suppresses nitrite production in vitro, treatment had no effect on osteoclast response in vivo, suggesting that the effects of inflammatory cytokines on osteoclast response were mediated through other pathways. ..
- Fallon S, Bermingham E, Ricklefs R. Host specialization and geographic localization of avian malaria parasites: a regional analysis in the Lesser Antilles. Am Nat. 2005;165:466-80 pubmed
- Tyner J, Kim E, Ide K, Pelletier M, Roswit W, Morton J, et al. Blocking airway mucous cell metaplasia by inhibiting EGFR antiapoptosis and IL-13 transdifferentiation signals. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:309-21 pubmed
- Mendelsohn B, Yin C, Johnson S, Wilm T, Solnica Krezel L, Gitlin J. Atp7a determines a hierarchy of copper metabolism essential for notochord development. Cell Metab. 2006;4:155-62 pubmed..Our data provide insight into the developmental pathophysiology of copper metabolism and suggest that suboptimal copper metabolism may contribute to birth defects. ..
- Willerth S, Faxel T, Gottlieb D, Sakiyama Elbert S. The effects of soluble growth factors on embryonic stem cell differentiation inside of fibrin scaffolds. Stem Cells. 2007;25:2235-44 pubmed..The incorporation of ESNPCs and growth factors into fibrin scaffolds may serve as potential treatment for spinal cord injury. ..
- Garbow J, Wang M, Wang Y, Lubet R, You M. Quantitative monitoring of adenocarcinoma development in rodents by magnetic resonance imaging. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:1363-7 pubmed publisher..The goal of this work was to monitor quantitatively the development and progression of adenocarcinoma in a time course study of mice treated with the carcinogen urethane using in vivo small-animal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Vagvala S, Thebeau L, Wilson S, Morrison L. Virus-encoded b7-2 costimulation molecules enhance the protective capacity of a replication-defective herpes simplex virus type 2 vaccine in immunocompetent mice. J Virol. 2009;83:953-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, B7 costimulation molecules expressed at the site of HSV infection can enhance vaccine efficacy even in a fully immunocompetent host. ..
- George R, Sturmoski M, May R, Sureban S, Dieckgraefe B, Anant S, et al. Loss of p21Waf1/Cip1/Sdi1 enhances intestinal stem cell survival following radiation injury. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;296:G245-54 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the increase in crypt survival is associated with increased numbers of Msi-1- and survivin-expressing cells in regenerative crypts. ..
- Dodson L, Boomer J, Deppong C, Shah D, Sim J, Bricker T, et al. Targeted knock-in mice expressing mutations of CD28 reveal an essential pathway for costimulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3710-21 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the distal proline motif initiates a critical nonredundant signaling pathway, whereas direct activation of PI3-kinase by the proximal tyrosine motif of CD28 is not required for normal T-cell function. ..
- Stormo G, Zhao Y. Determining the specificity of protein-DNA interactions. Nat Rev Genet. 2010;11:751-60 pubmed publisher..Combined with in vivo determinations of transcription factor binding locations, this information provides more detailed views of the regulatory circuitry of cells and the effects of variation on gene expression. ..
- Huh W, Khurana S, Geahlen J, Kohli K, Waller R, Mills J. Tamoxifen induces rapid, reversible atrophy, and metaplasia in mouse stomach. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:21-24.e7 pubmed publisher..Thus, substantial gastric toxicity is a heretofore unappreciated tamoxifen side effect. ..
- Lo W, Donermeyer D, Allen P. A voltage-gated sodium channel is essential for the positive selection of CD4(+) T cells. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:880-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, active VGSCs in thymocytes provide a mechanism by which a weak positive selection signal can induce the sustained Ca(2+) signals required for CD4(+) T cell development. ..
- Wu X, Satpathy A, Kc W, Liu P, Murphy T, Murphy K. Bcl11a controls Flt3 expression in early hematopoietic progenitors and is required for pDC development in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64800 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the persistent cDC development observed in Bcl11a (-/-) fetal liver chimeras reflects derivation from a Bcl11a- and Flt3-independent pathway in vivo. ..
- Liu G, Remme C, Boukens B, Belardinelli L, Rajamani S. Overexpression of SCN5A in mouse heart mimics human syndrome of enhanced atrioventricular nodal conduction. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:1036-45 pubmed publisher..Enhanced A-V conduction in mice overexpressing SCN5A in the heart mimics the human syndrome of EAVNC. Thus, variants in sodium channel expression in the A-V nodal region may be an electrophysiological substrate responsible for EAVNC. ..
- O Brien M, Manches O, WILEN C, Gopal R, Huq R, Wu V, et al. CD4 Receptor is a Key Determinant of Divergent HIV-1 Sensing by Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cells. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005553 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that HIV envelope-CD4 receptor interactions drive pDC activation toward an immature IFN producing phenotype rather than differentiation into a mature dendritic cell phenotype. ..
- Jacob C, Yu N, Yoo D, Perez Zapata L, Barbu E, Kaplan M, et al. Haploinsufficiency of NADPH Oxidase Subunit Neutrophil Cytosolic Factor 2 Is Sufficient to Accelerate Full-Blown Lupus in NZM 2328 Mice. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1647-1660 pubmed publisher..This establishes an interaction between reduced oxidase activity and other lupus-predisposing genes, paralleling human SLE-associated variants predicted to have only reduced NADPH oxidase activity. ..
- Reneker L, Wang L, Irlmeier R, Huang A. Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 2 (FGFR2) Is Required for Meibomian Gland Homeostasis in the Adult Mouse. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2638-2646 pubmed publisher..The Fgfr2CKO mice with inducible MG atrophy can serve as a valuable animal model for investigating the pathogenesis of MGD and developing novel therapeutic strategies for MGD-related DED. ..
- Garnier G, Ault B, Kramer M, Colten H. cis and trans elements differ among mouse strains with high and low extrahepatic complement factor B gene expression. J Exp Med. 1992;175:471-9 pubmed
- Tondravi M, McKercher S, Anderson K, Erdmann J, Quiroz M, Maki R, et al. Osteopetrosis in mice lacking haematopoietic transcription factor PU.1. Nature. 1997;386:81-4 pubmed..1-mutant animals suggests that the transcription factor regulates the initial stages of myeloid differentiation, and that its absence represents the earliest developmental osteopetrotic mutant yet described. ..
- Kozel B, Wachi H, Davis E, Mecham R. Domains in tropoelastin that mediate elastin deposition in vitro and in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18491-8 pubmed
- Kim Han J, O Malley K. Cell stress induced by the parkinsonian mimetic, 6-hydroxydopamine, is concurrent with oxidation of the chaperone, ERp57, and aggresome formation. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2007;9:2255-64 pubmed..Understanding the signaling mechanisms associated with parkinsonian mimetics, as well as their temporal induction, may aid in designing better interventions in models of PD. ..
- Sierra O, Towler D. Runx2 trans-activation mediated by the MSX2-interacting nuclear target requires homeodomain interacting protein kinase-3. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:1478-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, HIPK3 participates in MINT+FGF2 regulation of Runx2 AD3 activity and controls Runx2-dependent OC expression. ..
- Saifee O, Metz L, Nonet M, Crowder C. A gain-of-function mutation in adenylate cyclase confers isoflurane resistance in Caenorhabditis elegans. Anesthesiology. 2011;115:1162-71 pubmed publisher..Activation of neuronal adenylate cyclase antagonizes isoflurane inhibition of locomotion in C. elegans. ..
- Reed K, Westphale E, Larson D, Wang H, Veenstra R, Beyer E. Molecular cloning and functional expression of human connexin37, an endothelial cell gap junction protein. J Clin Invest. 1993;91:997-1004 pubmed..The expressed Cx37 channels exhibited multiple conductance levels and showed a pronounced voltage dependence. These electrophysiological characteristics are similar to, but distinct from, those of previously characterized connexins. ..
- Lentz S, Miner J, Sanes J, Snider W. Distribution of the ten known laminin chains in the pathways and targets of developing sensory axons. J Comp Neurol. 1997;378:547-61 pubmed..g., gamma 1), continue to be expressed by Schwann cells into adulthood. In contrast to peripheral nerves and ganglia, laminin chains are expressed at low levels, if at all, in the developing spinal cord gray matter. ..
- Liszewski M, Leung M, Cui W, Subramanian V, Parkinson J, Barlow P, et al. Dissecting sites important for complement regulatory activity in membrane cofactor protein (MCP; CD46). J Biol Chem. 2000;275:37692-701 pubmed..Based on these data and the recently derived crystal structure of repeats one and two, computer modeling was employed to predict MCP structure and examine active sites. ..
- Morrissey J, Guo G, McCracken R, Tolley T, Klahr S. Induction of CD14 in tubular epithelial cells during kidney disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2000;11:1681-90 pubmed..This induction is regulated by tumor necrosis factor-alpha, through TNFR1. CD14 may participate in the apoptosis of tubular epithelial cells on a more chronic basis by activating a pathway that is absent or deficient in C3H/HeJ mice. ..
- Lohi J, Wilson C, Roby J, Parks W. Epilysin, a novel human matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-28) expressed in testis and keratinocytes and in response to injury. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:10134-44 pubmed..These findings suggest that this new MMP functions in several tissues both in tissue homeostasis and in repair. ..
- Ivanova L, Barmada S, Kummer T, Harris D. Mutant prion proteins are partially retained in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:42409-21 pubmed