Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on analysis of variance in St Louis, Missouri, United States
Locale: St Louis, Missouri, United States
Topic: analysis of variance
- Lyons M, Peterson L, McGill J, Herrero P, Coggan A, Saeed I, et al. Impact of sex on the heart's metabolic and functional responses to diabetic therapies. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2013;305:H1584-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, in T2DM, different therapeutic regimens impact myocardial metabolism and diastolic function in a sex-specific manner. This suggests that sex should be taken into account when designing a patient's diabetes treatment. ..
- Garbow J, Doherty J, Schugar R, Travers S, Weber M, Wentz A, et al. Hepatic steatosis, inflammation, and ER stress in mice maintained long term on a very low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;300:G956-67 pubmed publisher..The distinctive nutrient milieu created by long-term administration of this low-carbohydrate, low-protein ketogenic diet in mice evokes unique signatures of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and whole-body glucose homeostasis. ..
- Liu P, Xiao Z, Ren F, Guo Z, Chen Z, Zhao H, et al. Functional analysis of a migraine-associated TRESK K+ channel mutation. J Neurosci. 2013;33:12810-24 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a possible mechanism through which the TRESK mutation increases the susceptibility of migraine headache. ..
- Thanavaro J, Thanavaro S, Delicath T. Coronary heart disease knowledge tool for women. J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2010;22:62-9 pubmed publisher..The new tool can be utilized in future research to measure women's CHD knowledge. ..
- Jesuraj N, Nguyen P, Wood M, Moore A, Borschel G, Mackinnon S, et al. Differential gene expression in motor and sensory Schwann cells in the rat femoral nerve. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:96-104 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that both motor and sensory SC gene expression patterns are disrupted during expansion in vitro and may affect the ability of SCs to express phenotype-specific genes after transplantation. ..
- Dohgu S, Banks W. Lipopolysaccharide-enhanced transcellular transport of HIV-1 across the blood-brain barrier is mediated by the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. Exp Neurol. 2008;210:740-9 pubmed publisher..These results show that LPS increases HIV-1 transcellular transport across the BBB by a pathway that is mediated by p38 MAPK phosphorylation in BMECs. ..
- Tokuda K, Izumi Y, Zorumski C. Ethanol enhances neurosteroidogenesis in hippocampal pyramidal neurons by paradoxical NMDA receptor activation. J Neurosci. 2011;31:9905-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ethanol paradoxically enhances GABAergic neurosteroid production by activation of unblocked NMDARs and that acute LTP inhibition by ethanol represents a form of NMDAR-mediated metaplasticity. ..
- Haque A, Zakir M, Dickman J. Regeneration of vestibular horizontal semicircular canal afferents in pigeons. J Neurophysiol. 2009;102:1274-86 pubmed publisher..Plasticity in central vestibular neurons processing motion information seem to be required to explain the observed morphologic and response adaptations observed in regenerating vestibular systems. ..
- Iftikhar R, Kladney R, Havlioglu N, Schmitt Gräff A, Gusmirovic I, Solomon H, et al. Disease- and cell-specific expression of GP73 in human liver disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2004;99:1087-95 pubmed..This expression pattern suggests the presence of two regulatory mechanisms, the first triggered during acute hepatocellular injury, the second during the progression of chronic liver disease. ..
- Xiao Q, Ford A, Xu J, Yan P, Lee K, Gonzales E, et al. Bcl-x pre-mRNA splicing regulates brain injury after neonatal hypoxia-ischemia. J Neurosci. 2012;32:13587-96 pubmed..These results suggest that alternative pre-mRNA splicing may be an important regulatory mechanism for cell death after acute neurological injury and may potentially provide novel targets for intervention. ..
- Michalski J, Yan Y, Watkins Bruner D, Bosch W, Winter K, Galvin J, et al. Preliminary toxicity analysis of 3-dimensional conformal radiation therapy versus intensity modulated radiation therapy on the high-dose arm of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group 0126 prostate cancer trial. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013;87:932-8 pubmed publisher..There is a trend for a clinically meaningful reduction in late G2+ GI toxicity with IMRT. The occurrence of acute GI toxicity and large (>15%) volumes of rectum >70 Gy are associated with late rectal toxicity. ..
- Yan P, Bero A, Cirrito J, Xiao Q, Hu X, Wang Y, et al. Characterizing the appearance and growth of amyloid plaques in APP/PS1 mice. J Neurosci. 2009;29:10706-14 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that individual amyloid plaque growth in vivo occurs over a period of weeks and may be influenced by interstitial Abeta concentration as well as reactive gliosis. ..
- Holden L, Finley C, Firszt J, Holden T, Brenner C, Potts L, et al. Factors affecting open-set word recognition in adults with cochlear implants. Ear Hear. 2013;34:342-60 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of when and how these factors affect performance can favorably influence counseling, device fitting, and rehabilitation for individual patients and can contribute to improved device design and application. ..
- Carayannopoulos L, Barks J, Yokoyama W, Riley J. Murine trophoblast cells induce NK cell interferon-gamma production through KLRK1. Biol Reprod. 2010;83:404-14 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the interaction of KLRK1 and RAET1 may be involved in IFNG production by uNK cells, and thus, this receptor-ligand pair may contribute to successful murine implantation site development. ..
- Seugnet L, Suzuki Y, Thimgan M, Donlea J, Gimbel S, Gottschalk L, et al. Identifying sleep regulatory genes using a Drosophila model of insomnia. J Neurosci. 2009;29:7148-57 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that the ins-l flies are a useful tool that can be used to identify molecules important for sleep regulation and may provide insights into both the causes and long-term consequences of insomnia. ..
- Howard M. Pharmacological aversion treatment of alcohol dependence. I. Production and prediction of conditioned alcohol aversion. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 2001;27:561-85 pubmed..Patients with more extensive pretreatment experiences with alcohol-associated nausea and greater involvement in antisocial conduct appeared to be less susceptible to the PAT conditioning protocol. ..
- Verges D, Restivo J, Goebel W, Holtzman D, Cirrito J. Opposing synaptic regulation of amyloid-? metabolism by NMDA receptors in vivo. J Neurosci. 2011;31:11328-37 pubmed publisher..NMDA receptor antagonists increase ISF A? levels, suggesting that basal activity at these receptors normally suppresses A? levels in vivo. This has implications for understanding normal A? metabolism as well as AD pathogenesis...
- Fehr J, Boulet J, Waldrop W, Snider R, Brockel M, Murray D. Simulation-based assessment of pediatric anesthesia skills. Anesthesiology. 2011;115:1308-15 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to develop a set of relevant simulated pediatric perioperative scenarios and to determine their effectiveness in the assessment of anesthesia residents and pediatric anesthesia fellows...
- Maloney N, Thackray L, Goel G, Hwang S, Duan E, Vachharajani P, et al. Essential cell-autonomous role for interferon (IFN) regulatory factor 1 in IFN-?-mediated inhibition of norovirus replication in macrophages. J Virol. 2012;86:12655-64 pubmed publisher..Analysis of transcriptional profiles of macrophages lacking various transcription factors confirmed this hypothesis. These studies identify a key role for IRF-1 in IFN-?-dependent control of norovirus infection in mice and macrophages. ..
- Chen Z, Gropler M, Mitra M, Finck B. Complex interplay between the lipin 1 and the hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 ? (HNF4?) pathways to regulate liver lipid metabolism. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51320 pubmed publisher..Thus, the induction of lipin 1 by HNF4? may serve as a mechanism to affect promoter selection to direct HNF4? to promoters of genes encoding fatty acid oxidation enzymes. ..
- Liu G, Beggs H, Jurgensen C, Park H, Tang H, Gorski J, et al. Netrin requires focal adhesion kinase and Src family kinases for axon outgrowth and attraction. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:1222-32 pubmed..Our results show the biochemical and functional links between netrin, a prototypical neuronal guidance cue, and FAK, a central player in intracellular signaling that is crucial for cell migration. ..
- Maas J, Vogt S, Chan G, Pineda V, Storm D, Muglia L. Calcium-stimulated adenylyl cyclases are critical modulators of neuronal ethanol sensitivity. J Neurosci. 2005;25:4118-26 pubmed..These results indicate that the unique activation of PKA signaling mediated by the calcium-stimulated ACs is an important component of the neuronal response to ethanol. ..
- Wright D, Geiger P, Rheinheimer M, Han D, Holloszy J. Phorbol esters affect skeletal muscle glucose transport in a fiber type-specific manner. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004;287:E305-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that mechanisms other than PKC activation mediate lipotoxicity-induced whole body insulin resistance. ..
- Zeng L, Rensing N, Wong M. The mammalian target of rapamycin signaling pathway mediates epileptogenesis in a model of temporal lobe epilepsy. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6964-72 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that mTOR signaling mediates mechanisms of epileptogenesis in the kainate rat model and that mTOR inhibitors have potential antiepileptogenic effects in this model. ..
- Jacquin M, Arends J, Xiang C, Shapiro L, Ribak C, Chen Z. In DRG11 knock-out mice, trigeminal cell death is extensive and does not account for failed brainstem patterning. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3577-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, apoptotic cell death is not a sufficient cause of failed pattern formation in the PrV of the DRG11(-/-). A signaling pathway involving DRG11 may, therefore, be the elusive PrV pattern maker. ..
- Bergman T, Phillips Conroy J, Jolly C. Behavioral variation and reproductive success of male baboons (Papio anubis x Papio hamadryas) in a hybrid social group. Am J Primatol. 2008;70:136-47 pubmed..Moreover, over nine years, some genetically and morphologically intermediate males had high reproductive success. We conclude that the behavior of hybrid males is therefore unlikely to be an absolute barrier to admixture in the region...
- Kolber B, Montana M, Carrasquillo Y, Xu J, Heinemann S, Muglia L, et al. Activation of metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 in the amygdala modulates pain-like behavior. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8203-13 pubmed publisher..Together, these results establish an integral role for mGluR5 and ERK1/2 in nociceptive processing in the CeA. ..
- Aton S, Colwell C, Harmar A, Waschek J, Herzog E. Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide mediates circadian rhythmicity and synchrony in mammalian clock neurons. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:476-83 pubmed..We conclude that VIP coordinates daily rhythms in the SCN and behavior by synchronizing a small population of pacemaking neurons and maintaining rhythmicity in a larger subset of neurons. ..
- Macauley S, Pekny M, Sands M. The role of attenuated astrocyte activation in infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. J Neurosci. 2011;31:15575-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data identify a protective role for intermediate filament upregulation during astrocyte activation in INCL, a model of chronic neurodegeneration. ..
- Murray D, Boulet J, Avidan M, Kras J, Henrichs B, Woodhouse J, et al. Performance of residents and anesthesiologists in a simulation-based skill assessment. Anesthesiology. 2007;107:705-13 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to determine whether an inventory of simulated intraoperative scenarios provided a reliable and valid measure of anesthesia residents' and anesthesiologists' skill...
- Frey S, Couch R, Tacket C, Treanor J, Wolff M, Newman F, et al. Clinical responses to undiluted and diluted smallpox vaccine. N Engl J Med. 2002;346:1265-74 pubmed..To evaluate the potential to increase the supply of smallpox vaccine (vaccinia virus), we compared the response to vaccination with 10(8.1), 10(7.2), and 10(7.0) plaque-forming units (pfu) of vaccinia virus per milliliter...
- Mazumdar B, Kim H, Meyer K, Bose S, Di Bisceglie A, Ray R, et al. Hepatitis C virus infection upregulates CD55 expression on the hepatocyte surface and promotes association with virus particles. J Virol. 2013;87:7902-10 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that HCV induces and associates with a negative regulator of the complement pathway, a likely mechanism for immune evasion. ..
- Marionneau C, Carrasquillo Y, Norris A, Townsend R, Isom L, Link A, et al. The sodium channel accessory subunit Nav?1 regulates neuronal excitability through modulation of repolarizing voltage-gated K? channels. J Neurosci. 2012;32:5716-27 pubmed publisher..2-encoded current densities. Together, the results presented here identify Nav?1 as a component of native neuronal Kv4.2-encoded I(A) channel complexes and a novel regulator of I(A) channel densities and neuronal excitability. ..
- Damiano D, Abel M, Romness M, Oeffinger D, Tylkowski C, Gorton G, et al. Comparing functional profiles of children with hemiplegic and diplegic cerebral palsy in GMFCS Levels I and II: Are separate classifications needed?. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2006;48:797-803 pubmed..1 points lower on WeeFIM self-care (p = 0.002). Basing motor prognosis on GMFCS level alone may underestimate lower extremity skills of children with hemiplegia, and overestimate those of children with diplegia. ..
- Morley J, Farr S, Banks W, Johnson S, Yamada K, Xu L. A physiological role for amyloid-beta protein:enhancement of learning and memory. J Alzheimers Dis. 2010;19:441-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results indicate that in normal healthy young animals the presence of Abeta is important for learning and memory. ..
- Horani A, Ferkol T, Shoseyov D, Wasserman M, Oren Y, Kerem B, et al. LRRC6 mutation causes primary ciliary dyskinesia with dynein arm defects. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59436 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that LRRC6 plays a role in dynein arm assembly or trafficking and when mutated leads to primary ciliary dyskinesia with laterality defects. ..
- Saha D, Leong K, Li C, Peterson S, Siegel G, Raman B. A spatiotemporal coding mechanism for background-invariant odor recognition. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:1830-9 pubmed publisher..Hence, our results reveal how background-independent recognition of odors can be achieved using spatiotemporal patterns of neural activity. ..
- Cheverud J, Pletscher L, Vaughn T, Marshall B. Differential response to dietary fat in large (LG/J) and small (SM/J) inbred mouse strains. Physiol Genomics. 1999;1:33-9 pubmed..This intercross provides an excellent multigenic model for the genetic basis of complex traits and diseases related to body size and obesity...
- George A, Lyons Warren A, Ma X, Carlson B. A diversity of synaptic filters are created by temporal summation of excitation and inhibition. J Neurosci. 2011;31:14721-34 pubmed publisher..Simple models of synaptic integration reveal that variation in these two competing influences provides a basic mechanism for generating diverse temporal filters of synaptic input. ..
- Lang D, Glukhov A, Efimova T, Efimov I. Role of Pyk2 in cardiac arrhythmogenesis. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H975-83 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that activation of Pyk2 in the human heart during heart failure may contribute to protection against arrhythmia. ..
- Dick D, Pagan J, Holliday C, Viken R, Pulkkinen L, Kaprio J, et al. Gender differences in friends' influences on adolescent drinking: a genetic epidemiological study. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2007;31:2012-9 pubmed..Genetically informative analyses suggest that similarity in alcohol use between adolescents and their friends is mediated, at least partially, through environmental pathways. ..
- Hu H, Carrasquillo Y, Karim F, Jung W, Nerbonne J, Schwarz T, et al. The kv4.2 potassium channel subunit is required for pain plasticity. Neuron. 2006;50:89-100 pubmed..2-mediated currents in neurons. These results show that Kv4.2 is a downstream target of ERK in spinal cord and plays a crucial role in pain plasticity. ..
- Fritz S, Tiemann K, Hogan P, Epplin E, Rodriguez M, Al Zubeidi D, et al. A serologic correlate of protective immunity against community-onset Staphylococcus aureus infection. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;56:1554-61 pubmed publisher..These observations can be utilized to refine ongoing vaccine and immunotherapy efforts and inform the design of clinical trials. ..
- Beatty K, Harris J, Barnes P. The role of interorganizational partnerships in health services provision among rural, suburban, and urban local health departments. J Rural Health. 2010;26:248-58 pubmed publisher..LHDs could place more emphasis on cultivating relationships with local NGOs in order to increase service provision. This strategy may be especially useful for rural LHDs facing limited resources and numerous health disparities. ..
- Bae H, Chen S, Roche J, Ai M, Wu C, DiAntonio A, et al. Rab3-GEF Controls Active Zone Development at the Drosophila Neuromuscular Junction. Eneuro. 2016;3: pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that although Rab3-GEF acts upstream of Rab3 to control Rab3 localization and likely GTP-binding, it also acts downstream to regulate CAZ development, potentially as a Rab3 effector at the synapse. ..