Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on immunohistochemistry in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Locale: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Publications109 found, 100 shown here
- Swaminathan S, Olin M, Forster C, Cruz K, Panyam J, Ohlfest J. Identification of a novel monoclonal antibody recognizing CD133. J Immunol Methods. 2010;361:110-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the specificity and usefulness in a wide range of applications suggest that clone 7 could be a valuable tool to identify CD133 positive cells as well as to target them for therapy. ..
- Cao Y, Kolesnikov A, Masuho I, Kefalov V, Martemyanov K. Membrane anchoring subunits specify selective regulation of RGS9·Gbeta5 GAP complex in photoreceptor neurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:13784-93 pubmed publisher..These findings illustrate the diversity of the G-protein signaling regulation by RGS·G?5 complexes achieved by differential recruitment of the membrane anchors. ..
- Shekels L, Lyftogt C, Kieliszewski M, Filie J, Kozak C, Ho S. Mouse gastric mucin: cloning and chromosomal localization. Biochem J. 1995;311 ( Pt 3):775-85 pubmed..Due to sequence similarity and predominant expression in the stomach, the MGM gene may be considered a MUC5AC homologue and named Muc5ac. ..
- Sosa R, Hoffpauir B, Rankin M, Bruch R, Gleason E. Metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 and calcium signaling in retinal amacrine cells. J Neurochem. 2002;81:973-83 pubmed..These results indicate that GABAergic amacrine cells express an avian version of mGluR5 that is linked to phospholipase C-dependent Ca(2+) release and Ca(2+) influx, possibly through TRP channels. ..
- Schachtele S, Mutnal M, Schleiss M, Lokensgard J. Cytomegalovirus-induced sensorineural hearing loss with persistent cochlear inflammation in neonatal mice. J Neurovirol. 2011;17:201-11 pubmed publisher..These data support a pivotal role for inflammation during MCMV-induced SNHL. ..
- Yekkirala A, Kalyuzhny A, Portoghese P. Standard opioid agonists activate heteromeric opioid receptors: evidence for morphine and [d-Ala(2)-MePhe(4)-Glyol(5)]enkephalin as selective ?-? agonists. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2010;1:146-54 pubmed publisher..The far-reaching implications of these results are discussed. ..
- Skubitz A, Bast R, Wayner E, Letourneau P, Wilke M. Expression of alpha 6 and beta 4 integrins in serous ovarian carcinoma correlates with expression of the basement membrane protein laminin. Am J Pathol. 1996;148:1445-61 pubmed
- Koutlas I, Manivel J. Epithelioid leiomyoma of the oral mucosa. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 1996;82:670-3 pubmed..Masson trichrome stain highlighted focally smooth muscle cells. Immunohistochemical evaluation revealed staining for vimentin, desmin, and muscle-specific actim. ..
- Bartman A, Sanderson S, Ewing S, Niehans G, Wiehr C, Evans M, et al. Aberrant expression of MUC5AC and MUC6 gastric mucin genes in colorectal polyps. Int J Cancer. 1999;80:210-8 pubmed..We conclude that aberrant expression of MUC5AC and MUC6 mucin genes is likely responsible for an expanded repertoire of mucin antigen expression in colorectal neoplasia. ..
- Paulson J, Ramsden M, Forster C, Sherman M, McGowan E, Ashe K. Amyloid plaque and neurofibrillary tangle pathology in a regulatable mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:762-72 pubmed publisher..Importantly, transgene expression in these mice is regulatable, permitting temporal control of gene expression and the investigation of transgene suppression. ..
- Wallin U, Glimelius B, Jirstrom K, Darmanis S, Nong R, Ponten F, et al. Growth differentiation factor 15: a prognostic marker for recurrence in colorectal cancer. Br J Cancer. 2011;104:1619-27 pubmed publisher..002). Growth differentiation factor 15 serves as a negative prognostic marker in CRC. High expression of GDF15 in tumour tissue and high plasma levels correlate with an increased risk of recurrence and reduced overall survival. ..
- Toyama K, Kim Y, Paparella M, Lin J. Temperature-sensitive SV40-immortalized rat middle ear epithelial cells. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2004;113:967-74 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that a temperature-sensitive middle ear epithelial cell line has successfully been established. ..
- Chen Y, Li Y, Zhang P, Traverse J, Hou M, Xu X, et al. Dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase and endothelial dysfunction in failing hearts. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;289:H2212-9 pubmed..Decreased DDAH activity and DDAH-2 protein expression may cause accumulation of endogenous inhibitors of endothelial NOS, thereby contributing to endothelial dysfunction in the failing heart. ..
- Koutlas I, Koch C, Vickers R, Brouwers F, Vortmeyer A. An unusual ostensible example of intraoral basal cell carcinoma. J Cutan Pathol. 2009;36:464-70 pubmed publisher..Examples of conventional ameloblastomas did not show evidence of LOH. These observations support the inclusion of BCC in the differential diagnosis of appropriate oral mucosal neoplasms...
- Geller M, Bui Nguyen T, Rogers L, Ramakrishnan S. Chemotherapy induces macrophage chemoattractant protein-1 production in ovarian cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2010;20:918-25 pubmed publisher..Chemotherapy induction of MCP-1 in ovarian cancer suggests this chemokine plays an important role in the immune response occurring after chemotherapy exposure. ..
- Olszewski P, Li D, Grace M, Billington C, Kotz C, Levine A. Neural basis of orexigenic effects of ghrelin acting within lateral hypothalamus. Peptides. 2003;24:597-602 pubmed..Also, LH ghrelin induced Fos IR in LH orexin neurons. We conclude that the LH, as part of larger central circuitry, integrates orexigenic properties of ghrelin. ..
- Weaver C, Liu S. Differentially expressed pro- and anti-apoptogenic genes in response to benzene exposure: Immunohistochemical localization of p53, Bag, Bad, Bax, Bcl-2, and Bcl-w in lung epithelia. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2008;59:265-72 pubmed
- Cioc A, Vanderwerf S, Peterson B, Robu V, Forster C, Pambuccian S. Rituximab-induced changes in hematolymphoid tissues found at autopsy. Am J Clin Pathol. 2008;130:604-12 pubmed publisher..We conclude that rituximab induces prompt, consistent, profound, and prolonged depletion of B lymphocyte populations in human lymphoid tissue. ..
- Erlandsen S, Greet Bittermann A, White J, Leith A, Marko M. High-resolution CryoFESEM of individual cell adhesion molecules (CAMs) in the glycocalyx of human platelets: detection of P-selectin (CD62P), GPI-IX complex (CD42A/CD42B alpha,B beta), and integrin GPIIbIIIa (CD41/CD61) by immunogold labeling and ste. J Histochem Cytochem. 2001;49:809-19 pubmed..J Histochem Cytochem 49:809-819, 2001) ..
- Tian X, Hexum M, Penchev V, Taylor R, Shultz L, Kaufman D. Bioluminescent imaging demonstrates that transplanted human embryonic stem cell-derived CD34(+) cells preferentially develop into endothelial cells. Stem Cells. 2009;27:2675-85 pubmed publisher..Although transplanted hESC-derived CD34(+) cells are well-suited for revascularization therapies, additional measures are needed to provide higher levels of long-term hematopoietic engraftment. ..
- Olin M, Roy S, Molitor T. In vivo morphine treatment synergistically increases LPS-induced caspase activity in immune organs. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2010;5:546-52 pubmed publisher..The use of a poly-caspase detection probe methodology to label caspase activity in vivo provides a powerful quantitative tool for the in vivo analysis of caspase activity. ..
- Peters C, Lindsay T, Pomonis J, Luger N, Ghilardi J, Sevcik M, et al. Endothelin and the tumorigenic component of bone cancer pain. Neuroscience. 2004;126:1043-52 pubmed
- Brumbaugh K, Johnson W, Liao W, Lin M, Houchins J, Cooper J, et al. Overview of the generation, validation, and application of phosphosite-specific antibodies. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;717:3-43 pubmed publisher..These antibodies can be used in arrays, flow cytometry, and imaging platforms. The specificity of phosphosite-specific antibodies is key for their use in proteomics and profiling of disease. ..
- Roberts K, Ensrud K, Hamilton D. A comparative analysis of expression and processing of the rat epididymal fluid and sperm-bound forms of proteins D and E. Biol Reprod. 2002;67:525-33 pubmed..Finally, we use these antibodies to demonstrate that proteins D and E are differentially expressed by the epididymal epithelium. Taken together, these data suggest that proteins D and E may have individual roles in sperm function. ..
- Alexander M, Forster C, Sugimoto K, Clark H, Vogel S, Ross M, et al. Interferon regulatory factor-1 immunoreactivity in neurons and inflammatory cells following ischemic stroke in rodents and humans. Acta Neuropathol. 2003;105:420-4 pubmed..The neuronal expression of IRF-1, in conjunction with the finding that IRF-1 deletion is beneficial to the post-ischemic brain, suggests that expression of IRF-1-dependent genes in neurons plays a role in ischemic neuronal death. ..
- Hilton C, Ondrey F, Wuertz B, Levine S. Interleukin-8 production in response to tumor necrosis factor-alpha by cholesteatoma keratinocytes in cell culture. Laryngoscope. 2011;121:372-4 pubmed publisher..This finding may indicate that cholesteatoma keratinocytes undergo a change in behavior in vivo that is preserved after the cells are removed from the inflammatory environment of the middle ear. ..
- Marker C, Lujan R, Colon J, Wickman K. Distinct populations of spinal cord lamina II interneurons expressing G-protein-gated potassium channels. J Neurosci. 2006;26:12251-9 pubmed..This important distinction will afford a unique opportunity to characterize spinal nociceptive circuitry with defined physiological significance. ..
- Bjork J, Johnson S, Tranquillo R. Ruthenium-catalyzed photo cross-linking of fibrin-based engineered tissue. Biomaterials. 2011;32:2479-88 pubmed publisher..Overall, the method employed is rapid, non-toxic, minimally inflammatory, and is capable of increasing strength and stiffness of engineered tissues to physiological levels. ..
- Hurtado R, Smith C. Hyperpolarization-activated cation and T-type calcium ion channel expression in porcine and human renal pacemaker tissues. J Anat. 2016;228:812-25 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence for the mechanisms that can drive renal pacemaker activity in the multi-calyceal urinary tract, and potential causes of obstructive uropathies. ..
- Mach D, Rogers S, Sabino M, Luger N, Schwei M, Pomonis J, et al. Origins of skeletal pain: sensory and sympathetic innervation of the mouse femur. Neuroscience. 2002;113:155-66 pubmed..Understanding the sensory and sympathetic innervation of bone should provide a better understanding of the mechanisms that drive bone pain and aid in developing therapeutic strategies for treating skeletal pain. ..
- Koyano Nakagawa N, Kintner C. The expression and function of MTG/ETO family proteins during neurogenesis. Dev Biol. 2005;278:22-34 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that MTG family members act downstream of proneural proteins, presumably as corepressors, to promote neuronal differentiation. ..
- Sevcik M, Jonas B, Lindsay T, Halvorson K, Ghilardi J, Kuskowski M, et al. Endogenous opioids inhibit early-stage pancreatic pain in a mouse model of pancreatic cancer. Gastroenterology. 2006;131:900-10 pubmed..Understanding the mechanisms that mask this pain in early stage disease and drive this pain in late-stage disease may allow improved diagnosis, treatment, and care of patients with pancreatic cancer. ..
- Dunning K, Wudhikarn K, Safo A, Holman C, McKenna R, Pambuccian S. Adrenal extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma diagnosed by fine-needle aspiration and cerebrospinal fluid cytology and immunophenotyping: a case report. Diagn Cytopathol. 2009;37:686-95 pubmed publisher..This is, to the best of our knowledge, the first case of NKTCL diagnosed by FNA of the adrenal gland and by CSF cytology. ..
- Kallestad K, Hebert S, McDonald A, Daniel M, Cu S, McLoon L. Sparing of extraocular muscle in aging and muscular dystrophies: a myogenic precursor cell hypothesis. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:873-85 pubmed publisher..Current studies are focused on further defining the EOMCD34 cell subtype molecularly, with the hopes that this may shed light on a cell type with potential therapeutic use in patients with sarcopenia, cachexia, or muscular dystrophy...
- Argyris P, Wetzel S, Pambuccian S, Gopalakrishnan R, Koutlas I. Primordial Odontogenic Cyst with Induction Phenomenon (Zonal Fibroblastic Hypercellularity) and Dentinoid Material Versus Archegonous Cystic Odontoma: You Choose!. Head Neck Pathol. 2016;10:237-44 pubmed publisher..The lesion has not recurred within a 13 year follow-up period after initial excision. An unusual cystic lesion is presented that may represent a true example of POC with dentinoid formation or an archegonous cystic odontoma. ..
- Skinner P, Koshy B, Cummings C, Klement I, Helin K, Servadio A, et al. Ataxin-1 with an expanded glutamine tract alters nuclear matrix-associated structures. Nature. 1997;389:971-4 pubmed..We therefore propose that a critical aspect of SCA1 pathogenesis involves the disruption of a nuclear matrix-associated domain...
- Anderson R, Schaible K, Heasman J, Wylie C. Expression of the homophilic adhesion molecule, Ep-CAM, in the mammalian germ line. J Reprod Fertil. 1999;116:379-84 pubmed..Finally, embryonic stem cells were shown to express this receptor. It is proposed that Ep-CAM plays a role in the development of the germ line and the behaviour of totipotent cells. ..
- Ferrington D, Tran T, Lew K, Van Remmen H, Gregerson D. Different death stimuli evoke apoptosis via multiple pathways in retinal pigment epithelial cells. Exp Eye Res. 2006;83:638-50 pubmed..Since cultured RPE express the protein components required for different apoptotic pathways, they provide a good model system for studying molecular events associated with multiple signals that lead to cell death. ..
- Lavers A, Swanlund D, Hunter B, Tran M, Pryor J, Roberts K. Acute effect of vasectomy on the function of the rat epididymal epithelium and vas deferens. J Androl. 2006;27:826-36 pubmed..In conclusion, there appear to be only minor changes in expression of genes encoding epididymal secretory proteins acutely after vasectomy, but, not surprisingly, there was evidence of an inflammatory response after vasectomy. ..
- Peterson L, Kueck B, Arthur D, Dedeker K, Brunning R. Systemic polyclonal immunoblastic proliferations. Cancer. 1988;61:1350-8 pubmed..The immunohistochemical results suggest a reactive, polyclonal proliferation, but the cytogenetic abnormalities in two patients indicate the possibility of a cryptic neoplastic clone...
- Burright E, Clark H, Servadio A, Matilla T, Feddersen R, Yunis W, et al. SCA1 transgenic mice: a model for neurodegeneration caused by an expanded CAG trinucleotide repeat. Cell. 1995;82:937-48 pubmed..These data indicate that expanded CAG repeats expressed in Purkinje cells are sufficient to produce degeneration and ataxia and demonstrate that a mouse model can be established for neurodegeneration caused by CAG repeat expansions. ..
- Wei L, Lee C, Filipcik P, Chang L. Regulation of the mouse cellular retinoic acid-binding protein-I gene by thyroid hormone and retinoids in transgenic mouse embryos and P19 cells. J Endocrinol. 1997;155:35-46 pubmed..A role of thyroid hormones in CRABP-I gene expression and vitamin A metabolism in animals is discussed. ..
- Sandhofer C, Schwartz H, Mariash C, Forrest D, Oppenheimer J. Beta receptor isoforms are not essential for thyroid hormone-dependent acceleration of PCP-2 and myelin basic protein gene expression in the developing brains of neonatal mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1998;137:109-15 pubmed..We conclude that TRbeta is not essential for the normal developmental expression of these T3 dependent brain genes. ..
- Marques G, Bao H, Haerry T, Shimell M, Duchek P, Zhang B, et al. The Drosophila BMP type II receptor Wishful Thinking regulates neuromuscular synapse morphology and function. Neuron. 2002;33:529-43 pubmed..These results reveal a novel role for BMP signaling in regulating Drosophila neuromuscular junction synapse assembly and activity and may indicate that similar pathways could govern vertebrate synapse development. ..
- Jean W, Spellman S, Wallenfriedman M, Flores C, Kurtz B, Hall W, et al. Effects of combined granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), interleukin-2, and interleukin-12 based immunotherapy against intracranial glioma in the rat. J Neurooncol. 2004;66:39-49 pubmed..These results suggest that the combined infusion of GM-CSF and other cytokines may be effective adjuvants in treating brain tumors. ..
- Ozeki M, Schlentz E, Lin J. Characterization of inhibitor of differentiation (Id3) gene expression in the developing cochlear tissue of rats. Acta Otolaryngol. 2005;125:244-9 pubmed
- Balciuniene J, Bardwell V, Zarkower D. Mice mutant in the DM domain gene Dmrt4 are viable and fertile but have polyovular follicles. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:8984-91 pubmed..We observed no enhancement of gonadal phenotypes in the double mutants, suggesting that these genes function independently in gonadal development. ..
- Fullmer J, Riedl M, Williams F, Sandrin M, Elde R. Enzymes that synthesize the IB4 epitope are not sufficient to impart IB4 binding in dorsal root ganglia of rat. J Comp Neurol. 2007;501:70-82 pubmed..These data suggest that, although expression of 1,3GT and/or iGb3S appears to be necessary for IB4 binding, expression of these enzymes is not sufficient to impart IB4 binding. ..
- Gu M, Wessendorf M. Endomorphin-2-immunoreactive fibers selectively appose serotonergic neuronal somata in the rostral ventral medial medulla. J Comp Neurol. 2007;502:701-13 pubmed..We also found that hypothalamic EM-2-ir neurons, but not EM-2-ir neurons, in the nucleus of the solitary tract projected their axons to the RVM. ..
- Kim H, Shin A, Thayer S. Activation of cannabinoid type 2 receptors inhibits HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein gp120-induced synapse loss. Mol Pharmacol. 2011;80:357-66 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that cannabinoids prevent the impairment of network function produced by gp120 and, thus, might have therapeutic potential in HAD. ..
- Forsman C, Ng B, Heinze R, Kuo C, Sergi C, Gopalakrishnan R, et al. BMP-binding protein twisted gastrulation is required in mammary gland epithelium for normal ductal elongation and myoepithelial compartmentalization. Dev Biol. 2013;373:95-106 pubmed publisher..In summary, regulation of BMP signaling by TWSG1 is required for normal ductal elongation, branching of the ductal tree, lumen formation, and myoepithelial compartmentalization in the postnatal MG. ..
- Nakamura Y, Komori M, Yamakawa K, Hamajima Y, Suzuki M, Kim Y, et al. Math1, retinoic acid, and TNF-? synergistically promote the differentiation of mucous cells in mouse middle ear epithelial cells in vitro. Pediatr Res. 2013;74:259-65 pubmed publisher..However, little is known about the driving force for the differentiation of mucous cells in OM...
- Burne M, Daniels F, El Ghandour A, Mauiyyedi S, Colvin R, O Donnell M, et al. Identification of the CD4(+) T cell as a major pathogenic factor in ischemic acute renal failure. J Clin Invest. 2001;108:1283-90 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the CD4(+) T cell is an important mediator of ischemic ARF, and targeting this cell may yield novel therapies. ..
- Siddappa A, Rao R, Wobken J, Leibold E, Connor J, Georgieff M. Developmental changes in the expression of iron regulatory proteins and iron transport proteins in the perinatal rat brain. J Neurosci Res. 2002;68:761-75 pubmed..These developmental changes in IRP and transporter expression suggest potentially different time periods of brain structure vulnerability to iron deficiency or iron overload. ..
- Maisel R, Schmidt D, Pambuccian S. Subglottic laryngeal paraganglioma. Laryngoscope. 2003;113:401-5 pubmed..In addition, the immunohistochemical battery is of paramount importance in obtaining the correct pathological diagnosis. ..
- Ahmad M, Piludu M, Oppenheim F, Helmerhorst E, Hand A. Immunocytochemical localization of histatins in human salivary glands. J Histochem Cytochem. 2004;52:361-70 pubmed..They are also consistent with several previous studies demonstrating the variable distribution of different proteins within the granule content. ..
- Uetake Y, Terada Y, Matuliene J, Kuriyama R. Interaction of Cep135 with a p50 dynactin subunit in mammalian centrosomes. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2004;58:53-66 pubmed..These results suggest that Cep135 and p50 play an important role in assembly and maintenance of functional microtubule-organizing centers. ..
- Ghilardi J, Svensson C, Rogers S, Yaksh T, Mantyh P. Constitutive spinal cyclooxygenase-2 participates in the initiation of tissue injury-induced hyperalgesia. J Neurosci. 2004;24:2727-32 pubmed..These results suggest that blocking constitutive spinal COX-2 before tissue injury may reduce the initial peripheral and central sensitization that occurs after tissue injury. ..
- Sorenson R, Stout L, Brelje T, Jetton T, Matschinsky F. Immunohistochemical evidence for the presence of glucokinase in the gonadotropes and thyrotropes of the anterior pituitary gland of rat and monkey. J Histochem Cytochem. 2007;55:555-66 pubmed
- Aronovich E, Bell J, Belur L, Gunther R, Koniar B, Erickson D, et al. Prolonged expression of a lysosomal enzyme in mouse liver after Sleeping Beauty transposon-mediated gene delivery: implications for non-viral gene therapy of mucopolysaccharidoses. J Gene Med. 2007;9:403-15 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the feasibility of achieving prolonged expression of lysosomal enzymes in the liver and reversing MPS disease in adult mice with a single dose of therapeutic SB transposons. ..
- Serpe M, Umulis D, Ralston A, Chen J, Olson D, Avanesov A, et al. The BMP-binding protein Crossveinless 2 is a short-range, concentration-dependent, biphasic modulator of BMP signaling in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2008;14:940-53 pubmed publisher..We also find that Cv-2 expression is controlled by BMP signaling, and these combined properties enable Cv-2 to exquisitely tune BMP signaling. ..
- Perrin B, Sonnemann K, Ervasti J. ?-actin and ?-actin are each dispensable for auditory hair cell development but required for Stereocilia maintenance. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001158 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate overlapping developmental roles but unique post-developmental functions for ?-actin and ?-actin in maintaining hair cell stereocilia. ..
- Zu T, Gibbens B, Doty N, Gomes Pereira M, Huguet A, Stone M, et al. Non-ATG-initiated translation directed by microsatellite expansions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:260-5 pubmed publisher..These results have implications for understanding fundamental mechanisms of gene expression. Moreover, these toxic, unexpected, homopolymeric proteins now should be considered in pathogenic models of microsatellite disorders. ..
- Shin A, Kim H, Thayer S. Subtype selective NMDA receptor antagonists induce recovery of synapses lost following exposure to HIV-1 Tat. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;166:1002-17 pubmed publisher..NMDA receptor subtypes differentially participate in the adaptation and death induced by excitotoxic insult. ..
- Metzger G, Dankbar S, Henriksen J, Rizzardi A, Rosener N, Schmechel S. Development of multigene expression signature maps at the protein level from digitized immunohistochemistry slides. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33520 pubmed publisher..This novel way of representing multiple IHC assays as signature maps will allow the development of n-gene expression profiling databases in three dimensions throughout virtual whole organ reconstructions. ..
- Koyano Nakagawa N, Kweon J, Iacovino M, Shi X, Rasmussen T, Borges L, et al. Etv2 is expressed in the yolk sac hematopoietic and endothelial progenitors and regulates Lmo2 gene expression. Stem Cells. 2012;30:1611-23 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies demonstrate that Etv2 is expressed during and required for yolk sac hematoendothelial development, and that Lmo2 is one of the downstream targets of Etv2...
- Fontebasso A, Papillon Cavanagh S, Schwartzentruber J, Nikbakht H, Gerges N, Fiset P, et al. Recurrent somatic mutations in ACVR1 in pediatric midline high-grade astrocytoma. Nat Genet. 2014;46:462-6 pubmed publisher..This work considerably expands the number of potential treatment targets and further justifies pretreatment biopsy in pediatric mHGA as a means to orient therapeutic efforts in this disease. ..
- Brown D, Poonyachoti S, Osinski M, Kowalski T, Pampusch M, Elde R, et al. Delta-opioid receptor mRNA expression and immunohistochemical localization in porcine ileum. Dig Dis Sci. 1998;43:1402-10 pubmed..These results are consistent with previous reports of the DOR-mediated neuromodulation that underlies the antipropulsive and antisecretory effects of opioids in the intestinal tract. ..
- Lakshmipathy U, Campbell C. The human DNA ligase III gene encodes nuclear and mitochondrial proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3869-76 pubmed..DNA ligase plays a central role in DNA replication, recombination, and DNA repair. Thus, identification of a mitochondrial form of this enzyme provides a tool with which to dissect mammalian mitochondrial genome dynamics. ..
- Georgieff M, Wobken J, Welle J, Burdo J, Connor J. Identification and localization of divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT-1) in term human placenta. Placenta. 2000;21:799-804 pubmed..Subsequent transport of iron out of the endosome and across the basal membrane to the fetus may occur via DMT-1. ..
- Fatemi S, Earle J, McMenomy T. Reduction in Reelin immunoreactivity in hippocampus of subjects with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and major depression. Mol Psychiatry. 2000;5:654-63, 571 pubmed
- Avdulov S, Li S, Michalek V, Burrichter D, Peterson M, Perlman D, et al. Activation of translation complex eIF4F is essential for the genesis and maintenance of the malignant phenotype in human mammary epithelial cells. Cancer Cell. 2004;5:553-63 pubmed..Thus, eIF4F activation is an essential component of the malignant phenotype in breast carcinoma. ..
- Roberts K, Ensrud Bowlin K, Piehl L, Parent K, Bernhardt M, Hamilton D. Association of the protein D and protein E forms of rat CRISP1 with epididymal sperm. Biol Reprod. 2008;79:1046-53 pubmed publisher..These studies also confirm a tightly bound population of protein E that could act in the female tract. ..
- Itou J, Taniguchi N, Oishi I, Kawakami H, Lotz M, Kawakami Y. HMGB factors are required for posterior digit development through integrating signaling pathway activities. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:1151-62 pubmed publisher..Our data show that Hmgb1 and Hmgb2 function redundantly to enhance Wnt signaling in embryos, and further suggest that integrating Wnt, Shh, and BMP signaling regulates the development of digit5 in forelimbs. ..
- Barnes J, Ebner B, Duvick L, Gao W, Chen G, Orr H, et al. Abnormalities in the climbing fiber-Purkinje cell circuitry contribute to neuronal dysfunction in ATXN1[82Q] mice. J Neurosci. 2011;31:12778-89 pubmed publisher..For polyglutamine diseases generally, the findings support a model whereby specific neuronal circuits suffer insults that alter function before cell death...
- Vohra B, Groshong J, Maselli R, Verity M, Wollmann R, Gomez C. Focal caspase activation underlies the endplate myopathy in slow-channel syndrome. Ann Neurol. 2004;55:347-52 pubmed..These findings provide the first evidence supporting the view that caspase activation in human disease can play a prominent role in localized cellular degenerative processes without causing nuclear or cell death. ..
- Garcia Rivera M, Colvin Wanshura L, Nelson M, Nan Z, Khan S, Rogers T, et al. Characterization of an immunodeficient mouse model of mucopolysaccharidosis type I suitable for preclinical testing of human stem cell and gene therapy. Brain Res Bull. 2007;74:429-38 pubmed
- Dudeja V, Chugh R, Sangwan V, Skube S, Mujumdar N, Antonoff M, et al. Prosurvival role of heat shock factor 1 in the pathogenesis of pancreatobiliary tumors. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;300:G948-55 pubmed publisher..HSF1 plays a prosurvival role in the pathogenesis of pancreatobiliary tumors. Modulation of HSF1 activity could therefore emerge as a novel therapeutic strategy for cancer treatment. ..
- Janouskova H, El Tekle G, Bellini E, Udeshi N, Rinaldi A, Ulbricht A, et al. Opposing effects of cancer-type-specific SPOP mutants on BET protein degradation and sensitivity to BET inhibitors. Nat Med. 2017;23:1046-1054 pubmed publisher..Specifically, we provide a molecular rationale for the use of BET inhibitors to treat patients with endometrial but not prostate cancer who harbor SPOP mutations. ..
- D Amore E, Wick M, Geisinger K, Frizzera G. Primary malignant lymphoma arising in postmastectomy lymphedema. Another facet of the Stewart-Treves syndrome. Am J Surg Pathol. 1990;14:456-63 pubmed..Awareness of the existence of lymphedema-related malignant lymphoma and familiarity with methods used for its distinction from epithelioid vascular sarcomas should prevent unnecessary surgery...
- Lin J, Tsuprun V, Kawano H, Paparella M, Zhang Z, Anway R, et al. Characterization of mucins in human middle ear and Eustachian tube. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;280:L1157-67 pubmed..These mucins may form thick mucous effusion in the middle ear cavity and compromise the function of the middle ear...
- Usachev Y, DeMarco S, Campbell C, Strehler E, Thayer S. Bradykinin and ATP accelerate Ca(2+) efflux from rat sensory neurons via protein kinase C and the plasma membrane Ca(2+) pump isoform 4. Neuron. 2002;33:113-22 pubmed..Thus, isoform-specific modulation of PMCA-mediated Ca(2+) efflux represents a novel mechanism to control excitability in sensory neurons. ..
- Velázquez R, McCarson K, Cai Y, Kovács K, Shi Q, Evensjö M, et al. Upregulation of neurokinin-1 receptor expression in rat spinal cord by an N-terminal metabolite of substance P. Eur J Neurosci. 2002;16:229-41 pubmed..Thus, SP metabolites, at times and doses that are antinociceptive, appear to enhance SP-mediated signal transduction by upregulating NK-1 receptor expression without affecting SP synthesis. ..
- Stelow E, Stanley M, Mallery S, Lai R, Linzie B, Bardales R. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration findings of gastrointestinal leiomyomas and gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Am J Clin Pathol. 2003;119:703-8 pubmed
- Rawson J, Dimitroff B, Johnson K, Rawson J, Ge X, Van Vactor D, et al. The heparan sulfate proteoglycans Dally-like and Syndecan have distinct functions in axon guidance and visual-system assembly in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2005;15:833-8 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest that in some contexts HS chains provide the biologically critical component, whereas in others the structure of the protein core is also essential. ..
- Ramnaraine M, Pan W, Clohisy D. Osteoclasts direct bystander killing of cancer cells in vitro. Bone. 2006;38:4-12 pubmed
- Gamez R, Jessurun J, Berger M, Pambuccian S. Cytology of metastatic cervical squamous cell carcinoma in pleural fluid: report of a case confirmed by human papillomavirus typing. Diagn Cytopathol. 2009;37:381-7 pubmed publisher..Immunoperoxidase stains and HPV testing can be performed to establish the diagnosis and confirm the origin from a cervical primary. ..