Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Locale: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Publications902 found, 100 shown here
- Whitson B, Nath D, Knudtson J, Shumway S. Cardiopulmonary bypass in revascularization and fluid management of exercise-induced acute myocardial infarction. J Card Surg. 2006;21:480-3 pubmed
- Judson P, Ivy J, Zwolak P, Manivel J, Clohisy D. A suspicious vulvar mass diagnosed as a subpubic cartilaginous cyst. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2009;280:107-9 pubmed publisher..Over 24 months later, there has been no recurrence. Subpubic cartilaginous cyst is a rare, benign lesion occurring on the vulva and should be considered in the differential diagnosis of a painful, superior vulvar mass. ..
- Raynor L, Pankow J, Miller M, Huang G, Dalton D, Klein R, et al. Familial aggregation of age-related hearing loss in an epidemiological study of older adults. Am J Audiol. 2009;18:114-8 pubmed publisher..There is evidence that genetic factors contribute to age-related hearing loss in this population-based sample. The familial aggregation is stronger in women than in men. ..
- Jongwutiwes U, Suitharak K, Tiengrim S, Thamlikitkul V. Serum procalcitonin in diagnosis of bacteremia. J Med Assoc Thai. 2009;92 Suppl 2:S79-87 pubmed
- Fulkerson J, Rydell S, Kubik M, Lytle L, Boutelle K, Story M, et al. Healthy Home Offerings via the Mealtime Environment (HOME): feasibility, acceptability, and outcomes of a pilot study. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010;18 Suppl 1:S69-74 pubmed publisher..Not all findings were sustained at 6-month follow-up. Obesity prevention programming with families in community settings is feasible and well accepted. Results demonstrate the potential of the HOME program. ..
- ..This review will explore the natural history of heterozygous XLAS females, the determinants of disease severity, and the utility of using XLAS females as kidney donors. ..
- Arneson J, Sackett P, Beatty A. Ability-performance relationships in education and employment settings: critical tests of the more-is-better and the good-enough hypotheses. Psychol Sci. 2011;22:1336-42 pubmed publisher..Monotonicity was maintained in all instances. Contrary to the good-enough hypothesis, the ability-performance relationship was commonly stronger at the top end of the score distribution than at the bottom end. ..
- Ninkovic J, Roy S. Role of the mu-opioid receptor in opioid modulation of immune function. Amino Acids. 2013;45:9-24 pubmed publisher..We will summarize recent studies on direct and indirect opioid modulation of the cells of the immune system, as well as the role of opioids in exacerbation of certain disease states...
- Park H, Griffin R, Hui S, Levitt S, Song C. Radiation-induced vascular damage in tumors: implications of vascular damage in ablative hypofractionated radiotherapy (SBRT and SRS). Radiat Res. 2012;177:311-27 pubmed..Vascular damage may play an important role in the response of human tumors to high-dose hypofractionated SBRT or SRS. ..
- Igyarto B, Kaplan D. Antigen presentation by Langerhans cells. Curr Opin Immunol. 2013;25:115-9 pubmed publisher..Special attention is given to their ability to promote CD4 T cell differentiation in a variety of inflammatory contexts and whether this subset has the capacity to cross-prime CD8 T cells. ..
- Manchester C. Multiple endocrine neoplasia: the enigma of MEN. AACN Adv Crit Care. 2013;24:304-13 pubmed publisher..Those specialized nurses who encounter individuals with MEN in a critical care setting are positioned to support the patient, the family, and the care team through this maze of multiple endocrinopathies and tumors. ..
- ..Such care will be more socially desirable and hence worth paying for. ..
- Henderson C, Lutsey P, Misialek J, Laha T, Selvin E, Eckfeldt J, et al. Measurement by a Novel LC-MS/MS Methodology Reveals Similar Serum Concentrations of Vitamin D-Binding Protein in Blacks and Whites. Clin Chem. 2016;62:179-87 pubmed publisher..43]. Validated mass spectrometric methods for the quantification of proteins in human samples can provide additional information beyond immunoassay. Counter to prior observations by immunoassay, VDBG concentrations did not vary by race. ..
- Zhang W, Bu S, Mashek M, O Sullivan I, Sibai Z, Khan S, et al. Integrated Regulation of Hepatic Lipid and Glucose Metabolism by Adipose Triacylglycerol Lipase and FoxO Proteins. Cell Rep. 2016;15:349-59 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that intrahepatic lipolysis plays a critical role in mediating and integrating the regulation of glucose and lipid metabolism downstream of FoxO proteins. ..
- Deneen V, Hunt J, Paule C, James R, Johnson R, Raymond M, et al. The impact of foodborne calicivirus disease: the Minnesota experience. J Infect Dis. 2000;181 Suppl 2:S281-3 pubmed..Results have confirmed the usefulness of characterizing foodborne disease outbreaks by epidemiologic criteria and also confirmed the importance of human caliciviruses as the leading cause of foodborne disease outbreaks in Minnesota. ..
- Koutlas I, Gillum R, Harris M, Brown B. Surgical (implantation) cyst of the mandible with ciliated respiratory epithelial lining: a case report. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002;60:324-5 pubmed
- Warwick W, Wielinski C, Hansen L. Comparison of expectorated sputum after manual chest physical therapy and high-frequency chest compression. Biomed Instrum Technol. 2004;38:470-5 pubmed
- ..The future of treatment resides in improvement in patient matching to treatment, combination or novel drugs, and viewing nicotine addiction as a chronic disorder that might need long-term treatment. ..
- Larson N, Wall M, Story M, Neumark Sztainer D. Home/family, peer, school, and neighborhood correlates of obesity in adolescents. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013;21:1858-69 pubmed publisher..Results underscore the importance of addressing the home/family and peer environments in future research and intervention efforts designed to reduce adolescent obesity. ..
- Pocha C, Dieperink E, McMaken K, Knott A, Thuras P, Ho S. Surveillance for hepatocellular cancer with ultrasonography vs. computed tomography -- a randomised study. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2013;38:303-12 pubmed publisher..Despite early detection, HCC-related mortality was high. These data support the use of biannual ultrasonography for HCC surveillance in a US patient population (NCT01350167). ..
- Anderson K, Gibbons R, Cummings D, Nisalak A, Green S, Libraty D, et al. A shorter time interval between first and second dengue infections is associated with protection from clinical illness in a school-based cohort in Thailand. J Infect Dis. 2014;209:360-8 pubmed publisher..This is one of the first studies of human subjects to suggest a window of cross-protection following DENV infection since Sabin's challenge studies in the 1940s. ..
- Groom H, Henninger M, Smith N, Koppolu P, Cheetham T, Glanz J, et al. Influenza Vaccination During Pregnancy: Influenza Seasons 2002-2012, Vaccine Safety Datalink. Am J Prev Med. 2016;50:480-488 pubmed publisher..The 2004 ACIP language change positively impacted first-trimester vaccination uptake. Vaccine Safety Datalink data estimates were consistent with U.S. estimates. ..
- Garcia S, Drexel T, Bekwelem W, Raveendran G, Caldwell E, Hodgson L, et al. Early Access to the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory for Patients Resuscitated From Cardiac Arrest Due to a Shockable Rhythm: The Minnesota Resuscitation Consortium Twin Cities Unified Protocol. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed publisher
- Lau B, Mehta A, Oxenham A. Superoptimal Perceptual Integration Suggests a Place-Based Representation of Pitch at High Frequencies. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9013-9021 pubmed publisher..The findings have important implications for the design of auditory prostheses because they suggest that enhanced spatial resolution alone may be sufficient to restore pitch via such implants. ..
- Eastlund T, Van Duren A, Clay M. Effect of heat on stored red cells during non-flow conditions in a blood-warming device. Vox Sang. 1999;76:216-9 pubmed..We conclude that elevated temperatures achieved during temporary cessation of flow in the Augustine Medical, Inc., 241 Fluid Warming Set for as long as 30 min do not cause notable hemolysis or other damage to red cells. ..
- Perdigao J. Dentin bonding as a function of dentin structure. Dent Clin North Am. 2002;46:277-301, vi pubmed..Laboratory tests use ideal dentin from extracted teeth, which does not reflect the clinical reality. Clinical studies are the ultimate test for any dental adhesive material...
- Saleh K, Hoeffel D, Kassim R, Burstein G. Complications after revision total knee arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003;85-A Suppl 1:S71-4 pubmed
- King R, Pietsch J, Fryer J, Savage S, Brott M, Russell Eggitt I, et al. Tyrosinase gene mutations in oculocutaneous albinism 1 (OCA1): definition of the phenotype. Hum Genet. 2003;113:502-13 pubmed
- De Jonge C. "The andrology lab corner" beginnings. J Androl. 2003;24:806 pubmed
- Jongen Lavrencic M, Salesse S, Delwel R, Verfaillie C. BCR/ABL-mediated downregulation of genes implicated in cell adhesion and motility leads to impaired migration toward CCR7 ligands CCL19 and CCL21 in primary BCR/ABL-positive cells. Leukemia. 2005;19:373-80 pubmed..Compared with GFP UCB or normal (NL) BM CD34+ cells, p210 UCB and CML CD34+ cells migrated poorly towards the CCR7 ligands, CCL19 and CCL21, suggesting a possible role for CCR7 in the abnormal migratory behavior of CML CD34+ cells. ..
- Bockting W, Miner M, Rosser B. Latino men's sexual behavior with transgender persons. Arch Sex Behav. 2007;36:778-86 pubmed..These men may, therefore, also serve as a "bridge" for HIV transmission to (as opposed to from) the transgender population. ..
- Pankow J, Boerwinkle E, Adams P, Guallar E, Leiendecker Foster C, Rogowski J, et al. HFE C282Y homozygotes have reduced low-density lipoprotein cholesterol: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study. Transl Res. 2008;152:3-10 pubmed publisher..Reduced LDL in C282Y homozygotes may be because of effects of excess iron on cholesterol metabolism and lipoprotein formation in the liver. ..
- Ziegler P, Glotzer T, Daoud E, Wyse D, Singer D, Ezekowitz M, et al. Incidence of newly detected atrial arrhythmias via implantable devices in patients with a history of thromboembolic events. Stroke. 2010;41:256-60 pubmed publisher..Newly detected episodes of AT/AF were found via continuous monitoring in 28% of patients with previous TE. Most episodes would not have been detected by standard intermittent monitoring techniques. ..
- Cooley S, Weisdorf D, Guethlein L, Klein J, Wang T, Le C, et al. Donor selection for natural killer cell receptor genes leads to superior survival after unrelated transplantation for acute myelogenous leukemia. Blood. 2010;116:2411-9 pubmed publisher..Adopting this practice could result in superior disease-free survival for patients with AML. ..
- Zhang X, Zeng Y. The terminal loop region controls microRNA processing by Drosha and Dicer. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:7689-97 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the mutations reduce miRNA maturation in transfected human cells. We conclude that a flexible terminal loop region is critical for microRNA processing. ..
- Eaton N, Krueger R, Keyes K, Skodol A, Markon K, Grant B, et al. Borderline personality disorder co-morbidity: relationship to the internalizing-externalizing structure of common mental disorders. Psychol Med. 2011;41:1041-50 pubmed publisher..BPD is meaningfully connected with liabilities shared with common mental disorders, and these liability dimensions provide a beneficial focus for understanding the co-morbidity, etiology and treatment of BPD. ..
- Stritesky G, Jameson S, Hogquist K. Selection of self-reactive T cells in the thymus. Annu Rev Immunol. 2012;30:95-114 pubmed publisher..We also outline molecular pathways unique to each lineage and consider possible commonalities to their development and survival...
- Baechler E, Bilgic H, Reed A. Type I interferon pathway in adult and juvenile dermatomyositis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2011;13:249 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of the type I interferon protein signature has added additional markers of disease activity and insight into the pathogenesis of the disease...
- Looman W, Presler E, Erickson M, Garwick A, Cady R, Kelly A, et al. Care coordination for children with complex special health care needs: the value of the advanced practice nurse's enhanced scope of knowledge and practice. J Pediatr Health Care. 2013;27:293-303 pubmed publisher..The TeleFamilies project is provided as an example of the integration of an APN care coordinator in a health care home for children with SHCN. ..
- Chen C, Bejcek B, Kersey J. A mapping study of 13 genes on human chromosome bands 4q11-->q25. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1995;69:260-5 pubmed..Our analysis using somatic cell hybrids combined with previous reports demonstrated that the ADH gene cluster is telomeric to MLLT2 and KIT, ALB, AFP, PF4, beta TG, GRO1, IL8, ANX3, AREG and DCK are centromeric to MLLT2. ..
- Mobley J, Ennis E, Shimizu Y. Isolation and characterization of cell lines with genetically distinct mutations downstream of protein kinase C that result in defective activation-dependent regulation of T cell integrin function. J Immunol. 1996;156:948-56 pubmed
- Yue S, Serra H, Zoghbi H, Orr H. The spinocerebellar ataxia type 1 protein, ataxin-1, has RNA-binding activity that is inversely affected by the length of its polyglutamine tract. Hum Mol Genet. 2001;10:25-30 pubmed..These observations suggest that ataxin-1 plays a role in RNA metabolism and that the expansion of the polyglutamine tract may alter this function. ..
- Mitby P, Robison L, Whitton J, Zevon M, Gibbs I, Tersak J, et al. Utilization of special education services and educational attainment among long-term survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. Cancer. 2003;97:1115-26 pubmed..Children who are diagnosed with cancer should be followed closely during and after treatment to identify early signs of learning disabilities and to maximize intervention strategies for the successful completion of scholastic goals. ..
- Gorlin R. 2004 ASHG Award for Excellence in Human Genetics Education. And the band played on. Am J Hum Genet. 2005;76:216-8 pubmed
- Laurence J, Fatemi S. Glial fibrillary acidic protein is elevated in superior frontal, parietal and cerebellar cortices of autistic subjects. Cerebellum. 2005;4:206-10 pubmed..This report confirms a recent report showing microglial and astroglial activation in autism. Increased GFAP levels in autistic brains signify gliosis, reactive injury, and perturbed neuronal migration processes. ..
- Klee E, Ellis L. Evaluating eukaryotic secreted protein prediction. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:256 pubmed..Predictive accuracy could be substantially improved by combining scores from multiple methods into a single composite prediction. ..
- Ethen C, Reilly C, Feng X, Olsen T, Ferrington D. Age-related macular degeneration and retinal protein modification by 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:3469-79 pubmed..Consistent levels of HNE-modified proteins suggest that HNE is not a sensitive retinal biomarker for AMD. ..
- Arthur A, LaPrade R, Agel J. Proximal tibial opening wedge osteotomy as the initial treatment for chronic posterolateral corner deficiency in the varus knee: a prospective clinical study. Am J Sports Med. 2007;35:1844-50 pubmed..In patients with chronic posterolateral knee injuries, failure to correct genu varus alignment will often result in failure of the posterolateral knee repair or reconstruction...
- Larson N, Neumark Sztainer D, Story M, Wall M, Harnack L, Eisenberg M. Fast food intake: longitudinal trends during the transition to young adulthood and correlates of intake. J Adolesc Health. 2008;43:79-86 pubmed publisher..Health professionals should help young people identify convenient and healthful food choices for meals and snacks consumed away from home. ..
- Ibrahim H, Akkina S, Leister E, Gillingham K, Cordner G, Guo H, et al. Pregnancy outcomes after kidney donation. Am J Transplant. 2009;9:825-34 pubmed
- Andersen J, Boylan K, Xue F, Anderson L, Witthuhn B, Markowski T, et al. Identification of candidate biomarkers in ovarian cancer serum by depletion of highly abundant proteins and differential in-gel electrophoresis. Electrophoresis. 2010;31:599-610 pubmed publisher..Western blotting validated the relative increases in serum protein levels for three of the proteins identified, demonstrating the utility of this approach for the identification of novel serum biomarkers for ovarian cancer. ..
- Mullany L, Hanse E, Romano A, Blomquist C, Mason J, Delvoux B, et al. Cyclin D1 regulates hepatic estrogen and androgen metabolism. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;298:G884-95 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these results suggest that increased cyclin D1 expression, which occurs in liver regeneration and liver diseases, may contribute to the feminization seen in these settings. ..
- White J, Gunay Aygun M. The York Platelet Syndrome: a third case. Platelets. 2011;22:117-34 pubmed publisher..The relationship of the unique platelet pathology and mitochondrial myopathy has not been defined. ..
- Lowman X, McDonnell M, Kosloske A, Odumade O, Jenness C, Karim C, et al. The proapoptotic function of Noxa in human leukemia cells is regulated by the kinase Cdk5 and by glucose. Mol Cell. 2010;40:823-33 pubmed publisher..We propose that Noxa plays both growth-promoting and proapoptotic roles in hematopoietic cancers with phospho-S(13) as the glucose-sensitive toggle switch controlling these opposing functions. ..
- Cole J, Stellpflug S, Gross E, Smith S. Wide complex tachycardia in a pediatric diphenhydramine overdose treated with sodium bicarbonate. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2011;27:1175-7 pubmed publisher..We report a diphenhydramine overdose in a toddler with multiple markers of sodium channel blockade effectively treated with sodium bicarbonate...
- Meyer K, Wall M, Larson N, Laska M, Neumark Sztainer D. Sleep duration and BMI in a sample of young adults. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2012;20:1279-87 pubmed publisher..Among women, but not men, there was a statistically significant positive association between trouble falling or staying asleep and mean BMI. Sleep may be an important modifiable risk factor for obesity, particularly in young adult men. ..
- Foley B, Cooley S, Verneris M, Curtsinger J, Luo X, Waller E, et al. Human cytomegalovirus (CMV)-induced memory-like NKG2C(+) NK cells are transplantable and expand in vivo in response to recipient CMV antigen. J Immunol. 2012;189:5082-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that NKG2C(+) memory-like NK cells are transplantable and require active or latent (subclinical) expression of CMV Ag in the recipient for clonal expansion of NK cells previously exposed to CMV in the donor. ..
- Burke M, Wagner J, Cao Q, Ustun C, Verneris M. Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation in first remission abrogates poor outcomes associated with high-risk pediatric acute myeloid leukemia. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2013;19:1021-5 pubmed publisher..62), relapse (11% versus 7%, P = .71), or treatment-related mortality (17% versus 14%, P = .89). Children and young adults with HR-AML have comparable outcomes to standard-risk patients following allo-HCT in CR1. ..
- Brunstein C, McKenna D, DeFor T, Sumstad D, Paul P, Weisdorf D, et al. Complement fragment 3a priming of umbilical cord blood progenitors: safety profile. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2013;19:1474-9 pubmed publisher..As compared with historical controls, mortality and survival were not adversely affected. Thus, before any additional clinical studies, C3a priming to promote engraftment will require further preclinical optimization. ..
- Kottke T, Brad Rindal D, Rush W, Asche S, Enstad C. Persistence of smoking-cessation decision support use in a dental practice. Am J Prev Med. 2015;48:722-8 pubmed publisher..8% and referral to a quitline ranged from 2.0% to 18.7% of visits. Although EDR design affected rates of referral, dental practitioners persisted in using a computer-assisted tobacco intervention tool to refer smokers to a quitline. ..
- Kochunov P, Jahanshad N, Marcus D, Winkler A, Sprooten E, Nichols T, et al. Heritability of fractional anisotropy in human white matter: a comparison of Human Connectome Project and ENIGMA-DTI data. Neuroimage. 2015;111:300-11 pubmed publisher..Uniquely, the measurements of additive genetic contribution performed in this study can be repeated using online genetic analysis tools provided by the HCP ConnectomeDB web application. ..
- Donato L, Meeusen J, Callanan H, Saenger A, Jaffe A. Advantages of the lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 activity assay. Clin Biochem. 2016;49:172-5 pubmed publisher..The assay performance is significantly improved over the predecessor immunoassay allowing for adoption of Lp-PLA2 activity in clinical practice. ..
- Moe S, Lytle L, Nanney M, Linde J, Laska M. Recruiting and retaining young adults in a weight gain prevention trial: Lessons learned from the CHOICES study. Clin Trials. 2016;13:205-13 pubmed publisher..Our experiences from the Choosing Healthy Options in College Environments and Settings study should be useful in identifying effective recruitment and retention methods for weight gain prevention trials among young adults. ..
- Hsi R, Spieker A, Stoller M, Jacobs D, Reiner A, McClelland R, et al. Coronary Artery Calcium Score and Association with Recurrent Nephrolithiasis: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. J Urol. 2016;195:971-6 pubmed publisher..04-2.01). Recurrent kidney stone formation is associated with subclinical coronary atherosclerosis. This association appeared stronger with coronary artery calcification severity than with coronary artery calcification presence. ..
- Jepson B, Mackay Bojack S, Moller J. The First Cardiac Operation Using Cardiopulmonary Bypass. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;103:e339-e340 pubmed publisher..The anatomic details of this heart have not been previously presented. For historical purposes, the clinical history, intraoperative course, and pathologic details will be discussed and shown. ..
- Jones R, Taylor A, Rostambeigi N, Spilseth B. Small hepatocellular carcinomas displayed as a ring enhancing mass on arterial phase MRI in the chronically diseased liver. Clin Radiol. 2017;72:995.e1-995.e9 pubmed publisher..This study revealed a high prevalence (41%) of small, AP ring HCC with MRI. The use of other MRI sequences adds support in making the proper diagnosis with this appearance. Early AP timing may help create this pattern. ..
- Rashno A, Nazari B, Koozekanani D, Drayna P, Sadri S, Rabbani H, et al. Fully-automated segmentation of fluid regions in exudative age-related macular degeneration subjects: Kernel graph cut in neutrosophic domain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186949 pubmed publisher..74%, respectively, with a correlation of 95% between automated and expert manual segmentations using linear regression analysis...
- Pierpont M, Judd D, Tukey D, Smith C. Erythrocyte carnitine: a study of erythrocyte fractions isolated by discontinuous density gradient centrifugation. Biochem Med Metab Biol. 1988;40:237-46 pubmed..It appears that erythrocyte carnitine is localized in circulating reticulocytes which have mitochondria and carnitine-dependent fatty acid metabolism. ..
- Fink J, Hirsch B, Zheng C, Dietz G, Hatten M, Ross M. Astrotactin (ASTN), a gene for glial-guided neuronal migration, maps to human chromosome 1q25.2. Genomics. 1997;40:202-5 pubmed
- Kaytor M, Duvick L, Skinner P, Koob M, Ranum L, Orr H. Nuclear localization of the spinocerebellar ataxia type 7 protein, ataxin-7. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:1657-64 pubmed..Mutation of this NLS prevented protein from entering the nucleus. Thus, expanded ataxin-7 may carry out its pathogenic effects in the nucleus by altering a matrix-associated nuclear structure and/or by disrupting nucleolar function. ..
- Egbert J, Paul S, Engel W, Summers C. High injection pressure during intralesional injection of corticosteroids into capillary hemangiomas. Arch Ophthalmol. 2001;119:677-83 pubmed..We recommend limiting the volume of corticosteroid and performing indirect ophthalmoscopy on all patients receiving injections of long-acting corticosteroids into the orbit and periorbital soft tissue. ..
- Chavers B, Hårdstedt M, Gillingham K. Hyperlipidemia in pediatric kidney transplant recipients treated with cyclosporine. Pediatr Nephrol. 2003;18:565-9 pubmed..06). At 5 years post Tx, recipients had a high prevalence of hyperlipidemia. The identification and treatment of hyperlipidemia should be included in pediatric kidney Tx protocols...
- Esterberg J, Kassim R, Redmon J, Coad J, Macari G, Saleh K. Hip pain in a case of hypophosphatemic osteomalacia. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2003;32:455-8 pubmed..The patient was treated with closed reduction and internal fixation and vitamin D and phosphorus. Outcomes were good at 7-month follow-up. ..
- Wang Q, Goh A, Howley P, Walters K. Ubiquitin recognition by the DNA repair protein hHR23a. Biochemistry. 2003;42:13529-35 pubmed..HHR23 proteins are hypothesized to link ubiquitin to S5a, and we provide direct evidence that hHR23 could form a ternary complex with ubiquitin and S5a. ..
- Chalgren R, Combe E, Wahl A. Effects of etchants and primers on shear bond strength of a self-ligating esthetic orthodontic bracket. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2007;132:577.e1-5 pubmed..This in-vitro study indicated that self-etching primer, gel etchant, and liquid etchant produce equal and sufficient bond strengths. Furthermore, application of primer to the bracket pad does not improve bond strength. ..
- Haché G, Shindo K, Albin J, Harris R. Evolution of HIV-1 isolates that use a novel Vif-independent mechanism to resist restriction by human APOBEC3G. Curr Biol. 2008;18:819-24 pubmed publisher..These data support the development of antiretrovirals that antagonize Vif and thereby enable endogenous APOBEC3G to suppress HIV-1 replication. ..
- Green C, Bavelier D. Exercising your brain: a review of human brain plasticity and training-induced learning. Psychol Aging. 2008;23:692-701 pubmed publisher..When maximally implemented in rehabilitative paradigms, these characteristics may greatly increase the efficacy of training. ..
- Park K, Gross M, Lee D, Holvoet P, Himes J, Shikany J, et al. Oxidative stress and insulin resistance: the coronary artery risk development in young adults study. Diabetes Care. 2009;32:1302-7 pubmed publisher..We observed positive associations between each of two oxidative stress markers and insulin resistance. The association with oxidized LDL was independent of obesity, but that with F(2)Isop was not. ..
- Folsom A, Lutsey P, Heckbert S, Cushman M. Serum albumin and risk of venous thromboembolism. Thromb Haemost. 2010;104:100-4 pubmed publisher..The observed association likely does not reflect cause and effect, but rather that low serum albumin reflects a hyperinflammatory or hypercoagulable state. Whether this association has clinical relevance warrants further study. ..
- Boulware D, Meya D, Bergemann T, Wiesner D, Rhein J, Musubire A, et al. Clinical features and serum biomarkers in HIV immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome after cryptococcal meningitis: a prospective cohort study. PLoS Med. 2010;7:e1000384 pubmed publisher..Although requiring validation, these biomarkers might be an objective tool to stratify the risk of CM-IRIS and death, and could be used clinically to guide when to start ART or use prophylactic interventions. ..
- Larson N, Laska M, Story M, Neumark Sztainer D. Predictors of fruit and vegetable intake in young adulthood. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012;112:1216-22 pubmed publisher..Findings suggest individual and socioenvironmental factors, particularly food preferences and home food availability, during adolescence and emerging adulthood may influence F/V intake in young adulthood. ..
- Qureshi A, Adil M, Shafizadeh N, Majidi S. A 2-fold higher rate of intraventricular hemorrhage-related mortality in African American neonates and infants. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2013;12:49-53 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to understand the underlying reasons for this prominent disparity in one of the most significant causes of infant mortality. ..
- Castro M, Simon G, Cha S, Yawn B, Melton L, Caraballo P. Statin Use, Diabetes Incidence and Overall Mortality in Normoglycemic and Impaired Fasting Glucose Patients. J Gen Intern Med. 2016;31:502-8 pubmed publisher..0029) with statin use. In general, recommendations for statin use should not be affected by concerns over an increased risk of developing diabetes, since the benefit of reduced mortality clearly outweighs this small (19-24%) risk. ..