Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Locale: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Publications752 found, 100 shown here
- Fassett J, Xu X, Kwak D, Wang H, Liu X, Hu X, et al. Microtubule Actin Cross-linking Factor 1 regulates cardiomyocyte microtubule distribution and adaptation to hemodynamic overload. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73887 pubmed publisher..Together, these data identify for the first time, a role for MACF1 in cardiomyocyte microtubule distribution and in adaptation to hemodynamic overload. ..
- Chen Z, Sangwan V, Banerjee S, Chugh R, Dudeja V, Vickers S, et al. Triptolide sensitizes pancreatic cancer cells to TRAIL-induced activation of the death receptor pathway. Cancer Lett. 2014;348:156-66 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a mechanism by which triptolide sensitizes TRAIL resistant cells, which may become a novel therapeutic strategy against pancreatic cancer. ..
- Katz A, Fish A, Kleppel M, Hagen S, Michael A, Butkowski R. Renal entactin (nidogen): isolation, characterization and tissue distribution. Kidney Int. 1991;40:643-52 pubmed..These observations reflect the involvement of E/N in the structure and disease alteration of renal basement membranes and mesangial matrix. ..
- Brown D, Poonyachoti S, Osinski M, Kowalski T, Pampusch M, Elde R, et al. Delta-opioid receptor mRNA expression and immunohistochemical localization in porcine ileum. Dig Dis Sci. 1998;43:1402-10 pubmed..These results are consistent with previous reports of the DOR-mediated neuromodulation that underlies the antipropulsive and antisecretory effects of opioids in the intestinal tract. ..
- Nagayama M, Niwa K, Nagayama T, Ross M, Iadecola C. The cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor NS-398 ameliorates ischemic brain injury in wild-type mice but not in mice with deletion of the inducible nitric oxide synthase gene. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 1999;19:1213-9 pubmed..Thus, COX-2 reaction products may be another mechanism by which iNOS-derived NO contributes to ischemic brain injury. ..
- McPherson S, Yang J, Chan C, Dou C, Gregerson D. Resting CD8 T cells recognize beta-galactosidase expressed in the immune-privileged retina and mediate autoimmune disease when activated. Immunology. 2003;110:386-96 pubmed..These results show that resting CD8 T cells are affected by the presence of Ag that originates in retina and, when activated prior to transfer, mediate pathogenic autoimmunity against retinal and other ocular targets. ..
- Hertzel A, Smith L, Berg A, Cline G, Shulman G, Scherer P, et al. Lipid metabolism and adipokine levels in fatty acid-binding protein null and transgenic mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006;290:E814-23 pubmed
- Agarwal S, Harada J, Schreifels J, Lech P, Nikolai B, Yamaguchi T, et al. Isolation, characterization, and genetic complementation of a cellular mutant resistant to retroviral infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:15933-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, we reconcile our findings and other published data to suggest a model for the involvement of the proteasome in the early phase of the retroviral life cycle...
- Bi J, Tsai N, Lu H, Loh H, Wei L. Copb1-facilitated axonal transport and translation of kappa opioid-receptor mRNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:13810-5 pubmed
- Anderson G, Lujan R, Semenov A, Pravetoni M, Posokhova E, Song J, et al. Expression and localization of RGS9-2/G 5/R7BP complex in vivo is set by dynamic control of its constitutive degradation by cellular cysteine proteases. J Neurosci. 2007;27:14117-27 pubmed..Implementation of this mechanism throughout ontogenetic development ensures expression of RGS9-2/type 5 G-protein beta subunit/R7BP complexes at postsynaptic sites in unison with increased signaling demands at mature synapses. ..
- Robinson P, Johnson S, Evans M, Barocas V, Tranquillo R. Functional tissue-engineered valves from cell-remodeled fibrin with commissural alignment of cell-produced collagen. Tissue Eng Part A. 2008;14:83-95 pubmed publisher..These data support proof of principle of using cell-remodeled fibrin gel to produce tissue-engineered valve replacements. ..
- Chuang Smith O, Wells C, Henry Stanley M, Dunny G. Acceleration of Enterococcus faecalis biofilm formation by aggregation substance expression in an ex vivo model of cardiac valve colonization. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15798 pubmed publisher..Interference with the molecular interactions involved in adherence and initiation of biofilm development in vivo with specific inhibitory compounds could lead to more effective treatment of infectious endocarditis. ..
- Lin H, Law P, Loh H. Activation of protein kinase C (PKC)? or PKC? as an approach to increase morphine tolerance in respiratory depression and lethal overdose. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2012;341:115-25 pubmed publisher..The approach of increasing morphine respiratory depression and lethality tolerance by increasing PKC? or ? activity at preBötC could be used to make opioids safer for long-term use. ..
- Fretham S, CARLSON E, Georgieff M. Neuronal-specific iron deficiency dysregulates mammalian target of rapamycin signaling during hippocampal development in nonanemic genetic mouse models. J Nutr. 2013;143:260-6 pubmed publisher..05). Together, these findings implicate mTOR dysregulation as a cellular mechanism underlying the acute and persistent neurodevelopmental deficits that accompany early-life ID. ..
- Solovey A, Somani A, Belcher J, Milbauer L, Vincent L, Pawlinski R, et al. A monocyte-TNF-endothelial activation axis in sickle transgenic mice: Therapeutic benefit from TNF blockade. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:1119-1130 pubmed publisher..Its presence, plus the many benefits of etanercept observed here, argue that pilot testing of TNF blockade should be considered for human sickle cell anemia, a challenging but achievable translational research goal...
- Carroll M. The economic context of drug and non-drug reinforcers affects acquisition and maintenance of drug-reinforced behavior and withdrawal effects. Drug Alcohol Depend. 1993;33:201-10 pubmed..Animal models of acquisition and withdrawal were examined to identify behavioral economic conditions under which acquisition may be prevented or withdrawal effects (and potential for relapse) may be alleviated...
- Gregerson D, Torseth J, McPherson S, Roberts J, Shinohara T, Zack D. Retinal expression of a neo-self antigen, beta-galactosidase, is not tolerogenic and creates a target for autoimmune uveoretinitis. J Immunol. 1999;163:1073-80 pubmed..The results also show that beta-gal can serve as an immunopathogenic neural autoantigen, and that T cells raised by immunization of normal mice with a foreign Ag can be immunopathogenic in certain transgenic recipients. ..
- Pei D. CA-MMP: a matrix metalloproteinase with a novel cysteine array, but without the classic cysteine switch. FEBS Lett. 1999;457:262-70 pubmed..Taken together, it is concluded that CA-MMP is an MMP with distinct structure, biochemical properties and evolutionary history that may define a new subclass of the MMP superfamily. ..
- Hwang C, Wu X, Wang G, Kim C, Loh H. Mouse mu opioid receptor distal promoter transcriptional regulation by SOX proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3742-50 pubmed..These data indicate that SOX proteins might contribute to the transcriptional activity of the mor gene and suggest that mu opioid receptor could mediate some of the developmental processes in which SOX proteins are included. ..
- Dougherty D, Sanders M. Estrogen action: revitalization of the chick oviduct model. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2005;16:414-9 pubmed..Unfortunately, because of experimental limitations, this model has been neglected in the past decade. Reviving this model has become intellectually attractive and technically feasible. ..
- Ulrich Lai Y, Arnhold M, Engeland W. Adrenal splanchnic innervation contributes to the diurnal rhythm of plasma corticosterone in rats by modulating adrenal sensitivity to ACTH. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;290:R1128-35 pubmed
- Schachern P, Cureoglu S, Tsuprun V, Paparella M, Whitley C. Age-related functional and histopathological changes of the ear in the MPS I mouse. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2007;71:197-203 pubmed..Progressive age-related changes suggest early therapeutic intervention to prevent sensory cell damage and hearing loss. ..
- Burchill M, Yang J, Vogtenhuber C, Blazar B, Farrar M. IL-2 receptor beta-dependent STAT5 activation is required for the development of Foxp3+ regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2007;178:280-90 pubmed..Finally, STAT5 binds to the promoter of the foxp3 gene suggesting that IL-2Rbeta-dependent STAT5 activation promotes Treg differentiation by regulating expression of foxp3. ..
- Yokoyama Y, Sedgewick G, Ramakrishnan S. Endostatin binding to ovarian cancer cells inhibits peritoneal attachment and dissemination. Cancer Res. 2007;67:10813-22 pubmed..These studies show a paraendothelial mechanism by which endostatin can inhibit peritoneal dissemination of ovarian cancer cells and raises the possibility of intraperitoneal expression of endostatin to reduce recurrence. ..
- Bunnell T, Jaeger M, Fitzsimons D, Prins K, Ervasti J. Destabilization of the dystrophin-glycoprotein complex without functional deficits in alpha-dystrobrevin null muscle. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2604 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that myofiber degeneration alone does not cause functional deficits and suggests that more complex pathological factors contribute to the development of muscle weakness in muscular dystrophy. ..
- Rahrmann E, Collier L, Knutson T, Doyal M, Kuslak S, Green L, et al. Identification of PDE4D as a proliferation promoting factor in prostate cancer using a Sleeping Beauty transposon-based somatic mutagenesis screen. Cancer Res. 2009;69:4388-97 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that PDE4D functions as a proliferation promoting factor in prostate cancer, and the Sleeping Beauty transposon system is a useful tool for identifying candidate prostate cancer genes. ..
- Gruenstein D, Bass J. Experimental evaluation of a new articulated Amplatzer ductal occluder device without fabric. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2009;74:482-7 pubmed publisher..The lower profile and symmetry of the ADO II allows for venous or arterial approach and smaller delivery catheter size. The ADO-II is expected to be a preferred alternative for closure of small-moderate PDAs. ..
- Santi P, Johnson S, Hillenbrand M, GrandPre P, Glass T, Leger J. Thin-sheet laser imaging microscopy for optical sectioning of thick tissues. Biotechniques. 2009;46:287-94 pubmed publisher..Construction details are provided for duplication of a TSLIM device by other investigators in order to encourage further use and development of this important technology. ..
- Hoeppner L, Secreto F, Jensen E, Li X, Kahler R, Westendorf J. Runx2 and bone morphogenic protein 2 regulate the expression of an alternative Lef1 transcript during osteoblast maturation. J Cell Physiol. 2009;221:480-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest Lef1DeltaN is a crucial regulator of terminal differentiation in osseous cells. ..
- Fohlmeister J, Cohen E, Newman E. Mechanisms and distribution of ion channels in retinal ganglion cells: using temperature as an independent variable. J Neurophysiol. 2010;103:1357-74 pubmed publisher..64). The Q10s systematically increase for T <23 degrees C (kinetic Q10 = 8 at T = 8 degrees C). The Na channels were consistently "sleepy" (non-Arrhenius) for T <8 degrees C, with a loss of spiking for T <7 degrees C. ..
- Herin D, Rush C, Grabowski J. Agonist-like pharmacotherapy for stimulant dependence: preclinical, human laboratory, and clinical studies. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010;1187:76-100 pubmed publisher..This report reviews preclinical, human laboratory, and clinical trial data supporting the agonist-like approach, including risks and benefits. Future directions for development of agonist-like medications are also discussed...
- Lowe D, Baltgalvis K, Greising S. Mechanisms behind estrogen's beneficial effect on muscle strength in females. Exerc Sport Sci Rev. 2010;38:61-7 pubmed publisher..Our working hypothesis is that estrogens do benefit muscle strength, and that the underlying mechanism involves estrogen receptors to improve muscle quality more so than quantity. ..
- Gamble T, Colli G, Rodrigues M, Werneck F, Simons A. Phylogeny and cryptic diversity in geckos (Phyllopezus; Phyllodactylidae; Gekkota) from South America's open biomes. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2012;62:943-53 pubmed publisher..We highlight the conservation significance of these results in light of the ongoing habitat loss in South America's open biomes. ..
- Nanton M, Way S, Shlomchik M, McSorley S. Cutting edge: B cells are essential for protective immunity against Salmonella independent of antibody secretion. J Immunol. 2012;189:5503-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that the primary role of B cells in acquired immunity to Salmonella is via the development of protective T cell immunity. ..
- Armitage I, Drakenberg T, Reilly B. Use of (113)Cd NMR to probe the native metal binding sites in metalloproteins: an overview. Met Ions Life Sci. 2013;11:117-44 pubmed publisher..The (113)Cd NMR studies also enabled the characterization of the affinity of the individual sites for (113)Cd and, in competition experiments, for other divalent metal ions: Zn, Cu, and Hg. ..
- Chappell C, Giltiay N, Draves K, Chen C, Hayden Ledbetter M, Shlomchik M, et al. Targeting antigens through blood dendritic cell antigen 2 on plasmacytoid dendritic cells promotes immunologic tolerance. J Immunol. 2014;192:5789-5801 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Ag delivery to pDCs through BDCA2 is an effective method to induce immunological tolerance, which may be useful for treating autoimmune diseases or to inhibit unwanted Ab responses. ..
- Shcherbatko A, Foletti D, Poulsen K, Strop P, Zhu G, Hasa Moreno A, et al. Modulation of P2X3 and P2X2/3 Receptors by Monoclonal Antibodies. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12254-70 pubmed publisher..The efficacy of 12D4 in the visceral hypersensitivity model indicates that antibodies against P2X3 may have therapeutic potential in visceral pain indications. ..
- Lee P, Kreiswirth B, Deringer J, Projan S, Eisner W, Smith B, et al. Nucleotide sequences and biologic properties of toxic shock syndrome toxin 1 from ovine- and bovine-associated Staphylococcus aureus. J Infect Dis. 1992;165:1056-63 pubmed..Also, TSST-ovine was less reactive to certain monoclonal antibodies raised against TSST-1. ..
- Wylie C. Germ cells. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2000;10:410-3 pubmed
- Tappen M, Wrangham R. Recognizing hominoid-modified bones: the taphonomy of colobus bones partially digested by free-ranging chimpanzees in the Kibale Forest, Uganda. Am J Phys Anthropol. 2000;113:217-34 pubmed..However, if chimpanzees leave a recognizable taphonomic signature on the bones of their prey, we will be able to look for analogous signatures in fossil bones associated with fossil hominoids and hominids...
- Stoeckman A, Towle H. The role of SREBP-1c in nutritional regulation of lipogenic enzyme gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27029-35 pubmed..SREBP-1c does indeed play a role in the induction of lipogenic enzyme genes in response to insulin treatment, but it is not sufficient for the induction seen when hepatocytes are treated with insulin and high glucose. ..
- Dudek A, Pawlak W, Kirstein M. Molecular targets in the inhibition of angiogenesis. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2003;7:527-41 pubmed
- Franco P, Li G, Wei L. Interaction of nuclear receptor zinc finger DNA binding domains with histone deacetylase. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;206:1-12 pubmed..Both the N- and C-terminal portions of HDAC3 showed interaction with the TR2 DBD. Thus, multiple domains of HDAC3 form the interaction surface for the DBD of nuclear receptors. ..
- LeSage M, Keyler D, Hieda Y, Collins G, Burroughs D, Le C, et al. Effects of a nicotine conjugate vaccine on the acquisition and maintenance of nicotine self-administration in rats. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2006;184:409-16 pubmed..These data suggest that vaccination against nicotine can reduce the reinforcing effects of nicotine in rats and may have therapeutic potential for the treatment of tobacco dependence. ..
- Ikeda Y, Dick K, Weatherspoon M, Gincel D, Armbrust K, Dalton J, et al. Spectrin mutations cause spinocerebellar ataxia type 5. Nat Genet. 2006;38:184-90 pubmed..Spectrin mutations are a previously unknown cause of ataxia and neurodegenerative disease that affect membrane proteins involved in glutamate signaling. ..
- Tian X, Woll P, Morris J, Linehan J, Kaufman D. Hematopoietic engraftment of human embryonic stem cell-derived cells is regulated by recipient innate immunity. Stem Cells. 2006;24:1370-80 pubmed..These results demonstrate that SCID-repopulating cells, a close surrogate for hematopoietic stem cells, can be derived from hESCs. Moreover, both adaptive and innate immune effector cells may be barriers to engraftment of these cells. ..
- Khasabova I, Stucky C, Harding Rose C, Eikmeier L, Beitz A, Coicou L, et al. Chemical interactions between fibrosarcoma cancer cells and sensory neurons contribute to cancer pain. J Neurosci. 2007;27:10289-98 pubmed..More broadly, this study provides a novel in vitro model to resolve the cellular and molecular mechanisms by which tumor cells drive functional changes in nociceptors. ..
- Oh S, Odland R, Wilson S, Kroeger K, Liu C, Lowenstein P, et al. Improved distribution of small molecules and viral vectors in the murine brain using a hollow fiber catheter. J Neurosurg. 2007;107:568-77 pubmed..Extending the scale of the hollow fiber catheter for the large mammalian brain shows promise in increasing the distribution and efficacy of gene therapy and drug therapy using CED. ..
- Pravetoni M, Wickman K. Behavioral characterization of mice lacking GIRK/Kir3 channel subunits. Genes Brain Behav. 2008;7:523-31 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest that GIRK channels make important contribution to a range of behaviors and may represent points of therapeutic intervention in disorders of anxiety, spasticity and reward. ..
- Bastian T, Rice S. Identification of sequences in herpes simplex virus type 1 ICP22 that influence RNA polymerase II modification and viral late gene expression. J Virol. 2009;83:128-39 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results genetically uncouple ICP22's effects on Pol II from its effects on viral late gene expression. This suggests that these two functions of ICP22 may be due to distinct activities of the protein. ..
- Wang H, Zhang W, Zhu C, Bucher C, Blazar B, Zhang C, et al. Inactivation of the adenosine A2A receptor protects apolipoprotein E-deficient mice from atherosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:1046-52 pubmed publisher..Inactivation of A(2A)R, especially in BMDCs, inhibits the formation of atherosclerotic leisons, suggesting that A(2A)R inactivation may be useful for the treatment of atherosclerosis. ..
- Adhikari N, Basi D, Townsend D, Rusch M, Mariash A, Mullegama S, et al. Heparan sulfate Ndst1 regulates vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation, vessel size and vascular remodeling. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;49:287-93 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide new evidence that modification of heparan sulfate fine structure through deletion of Ndst1 is sufficient to decrease VSMC proliferation and alter vascular remodeling. ..
- Davidson S, Truong H, Giesler G. Quantitative analysis of spinothalamic tract neurons in adult and developing mouse. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:3193-204 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that, whereas neurons of the STT continue to increase in size during the postnatal period, their axons reach the thalamus before birth and possess some of the morphological features required for functionality. ..
- Kalyuzhny A. Combination of TUNEL assay with immunohistochemistry for simultaneous detection of DNA fragmentation and oxidative cell damage. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;682:15-27 pubmed publisher..We have developed simple and reliable protocols which can be used with cultured cells and slide-mounted tissue sections. These techniques can be employed in research dealing with high-throughput drug screening, toxicology, and cancer. ..
- Fife B, Pauken K. The role of the PD-1 pathway in autoimmunity and peripheral tolerance. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2011;1217:45-59 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss the potential to selectively target the PD-1 pathway therapeutically to alter T cell function during autoimmunity. ..
- Roy S, Ninkovic J, Banerjee S, Charboneau R, Das S, Dutta R, et al. Opioid drug abuse and modulation of immune function: consequences in the susceptibility to opportunistic infections. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2011;6:442-65 pubmed publisher..The role of opioid withdrawal in immunosuppression and the clinical relevance of these findings will also be discussed...
- Hirai H, Karian P, Kikyo N. Regulation of embryonic stem cell self-renewal and pluripotency by leukaemia inhibitory factor. Biochem J. 2011;438:11-23 pubmed publisher..In the present review, we provide an overview of the three major LIF signalling pathways, the molecules that interact with STAT3 and the current interpretations of the roles of LIF in pluripotency. ..
- Cornish K, Harris A, LeSage M, Keyler D, Burroughs D, Earley C, et al. Combined active and passive immunization against nicotine: minimizing monoclonal antibody requirements using a target antibody concentration strategy. Int Immunopharmacol. 2011;11:1809-15 pubmed publisher..However, variability in serum NicAb levels with combination immunotherapy may make translation of this approach challenging. ..
- Osborn J, Hendel M, Collister J, Ariza Guzman P, Fink G. The role of the subfornical organ in angiotensin II-salt hypertension in the rat. Exp Physiol. 2012;97:80-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, although the SFO is required for the complete expression of Ang II-salt hypertension in the rat, other brain sites are also involved. ..
- Ebner B, Ingram M, Barnes J, Duvick L, Frisch J, Clark H, et al. Purkinje cell ataxin-1 modulates climbing fiber synaptic input in developing and adult mouse cerebellum. J Neurosci. 2013;33:5806-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results also show that to develop progressive cerebellar degeneration requires expressing ATXN1 with an expanded polyglutamine tract. ..
- Chafee M, Crowe D. Implicit and Explicit Learning Mechanisms Meet in Monkey Prefrontal Cortex. Neuron. 2017;96:256-258 pubmed publisher..Their results have broad implications for how prefrontal networks integrate the two learning mechanisms to control behavior...
- Kolanczyk R, Rutks I, Gutmann H. The catalytic effect of bovine serum albumin on the ortho rearrangement of the potential ultimate carcinogen, N-(sulfooxy)-2-(acetylamino)fluorene, generated enzymatically from N-hydroxy-2-(acetylamino)fluorene and evidence for substrate specificity . Chem Res Toxicol. 1991;4:187-94 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Moody J, Fasching C, Sinn L, Gerding D, Peterson L. Comparative efficacy of cefoperazone, cefoperazone plus sulbactam, ciprofloxacin, clindamycin, metronidazole, and penicillin G against anaerobic bacteria in an animal model. J Lab Clin Med. 1990;115:190-5 pubmed..In vivo results with this model confirmed in vitro susceptibilities of all tested antimicrobials except ciprofloxacin and should provide useful indications of the potential clinical efficacy of other new agents against anaerobes...
- Sandhofer C, Schwartz H, Mariash C, Forrest D, Oppenheimer J. Beta receptor isoforms are not essential for thyroid hormone-dependent acceleration of PCP-2 and myelin basic protein gene expression in the developing brains of neonatal mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1998;137:109-15 pubmed..We conclude that TRbeta is not essential for the normal developmental expression of these T3 dependent brain genes. ..
- Clark H, Orr H. Spinocerebellar ataxia type 1--modeling the pathogenesis of a polyglutamine neurodegenerative disorder in transgenic mice. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2000;59:265-70 pubmed..Present and future generations of transgenic mouse models of SCA1 will be valuable tools to further address mechanisms of pathogenesis in polyglutamine-related disorders. ..
- Neudauer C, McCarthy J. Insulin-like growth factor I-stimulated melanoma cell migration requires phosphoinositide 3-kinase but not extracellular-regulated kinase activation. Exp Cell Res. 2003;286:128-37 pubmed..Determining the contributions of IGF-I signaling pathways to migration will help us to understand melanoma progression and may lead to new therapeutic targets of this highly metastatic cancer. ..
- Ross J, Tranquillo R. ECM gene expression correlates with in vitro tissue growth and development in fibrin gel remodeled by neonatal smooth muscle cells. Matrix Biol. 2003;22:477-90 pubmed..This may have been due in part to the more organized collagen fibrils evident from the histological sections in weeks 3-5. ..
- Jacob F, LaBine B, Ariza P, Katz S, Osborn J. Renal denervation causes chronic hypotension in rats: role of beta1-adrenoceptor activity. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2005;32:255-62 pubmed..4. We conclude that the arterial pressure lowering effect of RDNX is not solely dependent on the loss of neural control of renin release. ..
- Belur L, James R, May C, Diers M, Swanson D, Gunther R, et al. Methotrexate preconditioning allows sufficient engraftment to confer drug resistance in mice transplanted with marrow expressing drug-resistant dihydrofolate reductase activity. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005;314:668-74 pubmed..We conclude that MTX can be used as a preconditioning agent for subsequent engraftment of hematopoietic stem cells, in this case conferring resistance to MTX. ..
- Crow S, Sullivan V, Aysola A, Key N, Harker Murray P, Foker J, et al. Postoperative coagulopathy in a pediatric patient after exposure to bovine topical thrombin. Ann Thorac Surg. 2007;83:1547-9 pubmed..This case report alerts pediatric providers to consider these inhibitors when postoperative coagulopathy occurs. Potential treatment options are reviewed. ..
- Chen Y, Agarwal S, Shaik N, Chen C, Yang Z, Elmquist W. P-glycoprotein and breast cancer resistance protein influence brain distribution of dasatinib. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;330:956-63 pubmed publisher..These transport systems play a significant role in limiting the CNS delivery of dasatinib and may have direct implications in the treatment of primary and metastatic brain tumors. ..
- Ren Y, Kirkpatrick C, Rawson J, Sun M, Selleck S. Cell type-specific requirements for heparan sulfate biosynthesis at the Drosophila neuromuscular junction: effects on synapse function, membrane trafficking, and mitochondrial localization. J Neurosci. 2009;29:8539-50 pubmed publisher..Our data support the emerging view that HSPG functions are not limited to the cell surface and matrix environments, but also affect a diverse set of cellular processes including membrane trafficking and organelle distributions. ..
- Gamble T, Bauer A, Colli G, Greenbaum E, Jackman T, Vitt L, et al. Coming to America: multiple origins of New World geckos. J Evol Biol. 2011;24:231-44 pubmed publisher..The phylogenetic and biogeographical hypotheses presented here provide an historical framework to further pursue research on the diversification and assembly of the New World herpetofauna. ..
- Gao J, Tian L, Weng G, Bhagroo N, Sorenson R, O Brien T, et al. Stimulating beta cell replication and improving islet graft function by GPR119 agonists. Transpl Int. 2011;24:1124-34 pubmed publisher..Targeting GPR119 is a novel therapeutic approach to increase ?-cell mass and to improve islet graft function by stimulating ?-cell replication. ..
- Fatemi S, Folsom T, Reutiman T, Novak J, Engel R. Comparative gene expression study of the chronic exposure to clozapine and haloperidol in rat frontal cortex. Schizophr Res. 2012;134:211-8 pubmed publisher..Our results show that clozapine and haloperidol cause changes in levels of many important genes that may be involved in etiology and treatment of schizophrenia. ..
- Mavanji V, Billington C, Kotz C, Teske J. Sleep and obesity: a focus on animal models. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2012;36:1015-29 pubmed publisher..We describe sleep/wake changes in various rodent models of obesity and obesity resistance. Finally, we discuss possible mechanisms linking sleep disturbances with obesity. ..
- Thayanithy V, Park C, Sarver A, Kartha R, Korpela D, Graef A, et al. Combinatorial treatment of DNA and chromatin-modifying drugs cause cell death in human and canine osteosarcoma cell lines. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43720 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the combination of these chromatin-modifying drugs may be a useful adjuvant in the treatment of rapidly progressive OS. ..
- Gyoneva L, Segal Y, Dorfman K, Barocas V. Mechanical response of wild-type and Alport murine lens capsules during osmotic swelling. Exp Eye Res. 2013;113:87-91 pubmed publisher..The addition of mechanical information on Alport syndrome to the currently available biological data provides a fuller picture into the progression of the disease. ..
- Holtz N, Anker J, Regier P, Claxton A, Carroll M. Cocaine self-administration punished by i.v. histamine in rat models of high and low drug abuse vulnerability: effects of saccharin preference, impulsivity, and sex. Physiol Behav. 2013;122:32-8 pubmed publisher..Such results may inform pharmacological strategies that enhance the negative aspects of drug consumption...
- Wu Z, Huang X, Burton A, Swift K. Probing sialoglycans on fetal bovine fetuin with azido-sugars using glycosyltransferases. Glycobiology. 2016;26:329-34 pubmed publisher..The results also suggest the presence of a minute amount of sialyl Tn antigen on the protein. ..
- Fraser T, Shao R, Fountain Jones N, Charleston M, Martin A, Whiteley P, et al. Mitochondrial genome sequencing reveals potential origins of the scabies mite Sarcoptes scabiei infesting two iconic Australian marsupials. BMC Evol Biol. 2017;17:233 pubmed publisher..If this is the case, comparable patterns may exist elsewhere in the 'New World'. This work provides a basis for expanded molecular studies into mange epidemiology in humans and animals in Australia and other geographic regions. ..
- Loh H, Liu H, Cavalli A, Yang W, Chen Y, Wei L. mu Opioid receptor knockout in mice: effects on ligand-induced analgesia and morphine lethality. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1998;54:321-6 pubmed..It is concluded that analgesic effects of mu-specific opioid ligands and acute morphine lethality are mediated by the mu receptor. ..
- Fang W, Weintraub B, Dunlap B, Garside P, Pape K, Jenkins M, et al. Self-reactive B lymphocytes overexpressing Bcl-xL escape negative selection and are tolerized by clonal anergy and receptor editing. Immunity. 1998;9:35-45 pubmed..These studies suggest that Bcl-x may have a distinct role in controlling survival at the immature stage of B cell development and demonstrate that tolerance is preserved when self-reactive B cells escape central deletion. ..
- Wei L, Farooqui M, Hu X. Ligand-dependent formation of retinoid receptors, receptor-interacting protein 140 (RIP140), and histone deacetylase complex is mediated by a novel receptor-interacting motif of RIP140. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:16107-12 pubmed..These data provide a molecular explanation for RIP140 acting as a novel ligand-dependent, negative modulator of RA-regulated gene expression. ..
- Potts J. Eradication of ectoparasites in children. How to treat infestations of lice, scabies, and chiggers. Postgrad Med. 2001;110:57-9, 63-4 pubmed..In this article, Dr Potts describes the presentation of ectoparasites and discusses conservative treatment and the safe use of pediculicides...
- Morken J, Warren K, Xie Y, Rodriguez J, Lyte M. Epinephrine as a mediator of pulmonary neutrophil sequestration. Shock. 2002;18:46-50 pubmed..Thus, epinephrine release in trauma may set the stage for development of neutrophil-mediated acute lung injury. ..