Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on substrate specificity in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Locale: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Topic: substrate specificity
Publications124 found, 100 shown here
- Arias E, Kim J, Funai K, Cartee G. Prior exercise increases phosphorylation of Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) in rat skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;292:E1191-200 pubmed
- Shebley M, Kent U, Ballou D, Hollenberg P. Mechanistic analysis of the inactivation of cytochrome P450 2B6 by phencyclidine: effects on substrate binding, electron transfer, and uncoupling. Drug Metab Dispos. 2009;37:745-52 pubmed publisher..In addition, the extent of uncoupling of NADPH oxidation from product formation, a process leading to futile production of H(2)O(2), increased significantly during the metabolism of ethylbenzene as a result of the inactivation...
- Zeng Z, Wang W, Yang Y, Chen Y, Yang X, Diehl J, et al. Structural basis of selective ubiquitination of TRF1 by SCFFbx4. Dev Cell. 2010;18:214-25 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an atypical small GTPase domain within Fbx4 as a substrate-binding motif for SCF(Fbx4) and uncover a mechanism for selective ubiquitination and degradation of TRF1 in telomere homeostasis control. ..
- Green K, Porter V, Zhang Y, Garneau Tsodikova S. Redesign of cosubstrate specificity and identification of important residues for substrate binding to hChAT. Biochemistry. 2010;49:6219-27 pubmed publisher..By exploring the potential expansion of the tunnel on the substrate side, we demonstrate that residues M84, Y436, and Y552 play a critical role in binding and holding the choline substrate in the ChAT active site. ..
- Whicher J, Florova G, Sydor P, Singh R, Alhamadsheh M, Challis G, et al. Structure and function of the RedJ protein, a thioesterase from the prodiginine biosynthetic pathway in Streptomyces coelicolor. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:22558-69 pubmed publisher..coelicolor support a novel role for RedJ in facilitating transfer of a dodecanoyl chain from one acyl carrier protein to another en route to the key biosynthetic intermediate 2-undecylpyrrole. ..
- Ndeh D, Rogowski A, Cartmell A, Luís A, BaslÃ© A, GRAY J, et al. Complex pectin metabolism by gut bacteria reveals novel catalytic functions. Nature. 2017;544:65-70 pubmed publisher..The degradation system informs revision of the current structural model of rhamnogalacturonan-II and highlights how individual gut bacteria orchestrate manifold enzymes to metabolize the most challenging glycan in the human diet. ..
- Lakanen J, Coward J, Pegg A. alpha-Methyl polyamines: metabolically stable spermidine and spermine mimics capable of supporting growth in cells depleted of polyamines. J Med Chem. 1992;35:724-34 pubmed..In accord with the hypothesis, preliminary data indicate that MeSpd and Me2Spm are as effective as spermidine and spermine, respectively, in promoting the conversion of B-DNA to Z-DNA. ..
- Ding X, Coon M. Purification and characterization of two unique forms of cytochrome P-450 from rabbit nasal microsomes. Biochemistry. 1988;27:8330-7 pubmed..The two cytochromes represent the major portion of the total P-450 in nasal microsomes, but the corresponding forms could not be detected in hepatic microsomes. ..
- Liepman A, Olsen L. Alanine aminotransferase homologs catalyze the glutamate:glyoxylate aminotransferase reaction in peroxisomes of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2003;131:215-27 pubmed..H. Liepman, L.J. Olsen  Plant J 25: 487-498), and a pair of closely related, potentially redundant AlaAT homologs with GGT activity. ..
- Li S, Gruschow S, Dordick J, Sherman D. Molecular analysis of the role of tyrosine 224 in the active site of Streptomyces coelicolor RppA, a bacterial type III polyketide synthase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:12765-72 pubmed
- Alam N, Zimmerman L, Wolfson N, Joseph C, Fierke C, Schueler Furman O. Structure-Based Identification of HDAC8 Non-histone Substrates. Structure. 2016;24:458-68 pubmed publisher..The many new in vitro HDAC8 peptide substrates identified in this study suggest that numerous cellular proteins are HDAC8 substrates, thus expanding our view of the acetylome and its regulation by HDAC8. ..
- Wishart M, Denu J, Williams J, Dixon J. A single mutation converts a novel phosphotyrosine binding domain into a dual-specificity phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:26782-5 pubmed..We believe this is the first example of a naturally occurring "dominant negative" phosphotyrosine/serine/threonine-binding protein which is structurally related to dsPTPases. ..
- Zhang Z, Thieme Sefler A, MacLean D, McNamara D, Dobrusin E, Sawyer T, et al. Substrate specificity of the protein tyrosine phosphatases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:4446-50 pubmed..The results demonstrate that chemical features in the primary structure surrounding the dephosphorylation site contribute to PTPase substrate specificity. ..
- Ding X, Peng H, Coon M. Structure-function analysis of CYP2A10 and CYP2A11, P450 cytochromes that differ in only eight amino acids but have strikingly different activities toward testosterone and coumarin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;203:373-8 pubmed..In contrast, the identity of the residue at position 372 is important for optimal activity with testosterone but not the regioselectivity at the 17 position and does not influence the activity with coumarin. ..
- Wu X, Noh S, Zhou G, Dixon J, Guan K. Selective activation of MEK1 but not MEK2 by A-Raf from epidermal growth factor-stimulated Hela cells. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3265-71 pubmed..Interestingly, A-Raf does not activate MEK2, although c-Raf can activate both MEK1 and MEK2. Our data demonstrated that A-Raf is, indeed, a MEK1 activator and may play a role in growth factor signaling. ..
- Weinberg J, Venkatachalam M, Roeser N, Saikumar P, Dong Z, Senter R, et al. Anaerobic and aerobic pathways for salvage of proximal tubules from hypoxia-induced mitochondrial injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2000;279:F927-43 pubmed..These results bear on the understanding of a fundamental mode of mitochondrial dysfunction during tubule injury and on strategies to prevent and reverse it...
- Davis W, Tomsho J, Nikam S, Cook E, Somand D, Peliska J. Inhibition of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase-catalyzed DNA strand transfer reactions by 4-chlorophenylhydrazone of mesoxalic acid. Biochemistry. 2000;39:14279-91 pubmed..4 mM. Together, these studies suggest that the inhibitor may function by binding to enzyme-bound divalent metal cofactors. ..
- Inohara N, Ogura Y, Fontalba A, Gutierrez O, Pons F, Crespo J, et al. Host recognition of bacterial muramyl dipeptide mediated through NOD2. Implications for Crohn's disease. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:5509-12 pubmed..Because muramyl dipeptide is the essential structure of peptidoglycan required for adjuvant activity, these results also have implications for understanding adjuvant function and effective vaccine development. ..
- Palfey B, Murthy Y, Massey V. Altered balance of half-reactions in p-hydroxybenzoate hydroxylase caused by substituting the 2'-carbon of FAD with fluorine. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:22210-6 pubmed
- Mundada L, Prorok M, DeFord M, Figuera M, Castellino F, Fay W. Structure-function analysis of the streptokinase amino terminus (residues 1-59). J Biol Chem. 2003;278:24421-7 pubmed
- Pickett J, Bowers K, Hartman H, Fu H, Embry A, Casey P, et al. Kinetic studies of protein farnesyltransferase mutants establish active substrate conformation. Biochemistry. 2003;42:9741-8 pubmed
- Lee I, Dombkowski A, Athey B. Guidelines for incorporating non-perfectly matched oligonucleotides into target-specific hybridization probes for a DNA microarray. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:681-90 pubmed
- Couture J, Trievel R. Histone-modifying enzymes: encrypting an enigmatic epigenetic code. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2006;16:753-60 pubmed..Recently, the structural basis of this specificity has been examined with regards to recently determined structures of GCN5 acetyltransferases and SET domain methyltransferases in complex with their cognate histone substrates. ..
- Simon E, Young M, Chan A, Bao Z, Andrews P. Improved enrichment strategies for phosphorylated peptides on titanium dioxide using methyl esterification and pH gradient elution. Anal Biochem. 2008;377:234-42 pubmed publisher..However, we also discovered several novel sites of partial phosphorylation at S46, T47, T165, and Y168 when ion-suppressing nonphosphorylated peptides were eliminated using the new protocols. ..
- Blazer L, Zhang H, Casey E, Husbands S, Neubig R. A nanomolar-potency small molecule inhibitor of regulator of G-protein signaling proteins. Biochemistry. 2011;50:3181-92 pubmed publisher..The high potency and good selectivity of CCG-50014 make it a useful tool for studying the functional roles of RGS4. ..
- Powell N, Hoffman J, Ciske F, Kaufman M, Kohrt J, Quin J, et al. Highly selective 2,4-diaminopyrimidine-5-carboxamide inhibitors of Sky kinase. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:1046-50 pubmed publisher..2-Aminophenethyl analogs demonstrate excellent potency but moderate kinase selectivity, while 2-aminobenzyl analogs that fill the Ala571 subpocket exhibit good inhibition activity and excellent kinase selectivity. ..
- McNally J, O Brien P. Kinetic analyses of single-stranded break repair by human DNA ligase III isoforms reveal biochemical differences from DNA ligase I. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15870-15879 pubmed publisher..The biochemical differences between the LIG3 isoforms and LIG1 identified here will guide the understanding of both unique and overlapping biological roles of these critical enzymes. ..
- Payne A, Abbaszade I, Clarke T, Bain P, Park C. The multiple murine 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isoforms: structure, function, and tissue- and developmentally specific expression. Steroids. 1997;62:169-75 pubmed..Further analysis of mouse genomic DNA by pulse field gel electrophoresis suggests that all of the Hsd3b gene family is found within a 400-kb fragment. ..
- Peariso K, Zhou Z, Smith A, Matthews R, Penner Hahn J. Characterization of the zinc sites in cobalamin-independent and cobalamin-dependent methionine synthase using zinc and selenium X-ray absorption spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 2001;40:987-93 pubmed
- Frederick K, Ballou D, Palfey B. Protein dynamics control proton transfers to the substrate on the His72Asn mutant of p-hydroxybenzoate hydroxylase. Biochemistry. 2001;40:3891-9 pubmed
- Sanker S, Campbell H, Kent C. Negative cooperativity of substrate binding but not enzyme activity in wild-type and mutant forms of CTP:glycerol-3-phosphate cytidylyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37922-8 pubmed..These data support a mechanism in which catalysis occurs only when the enzyme is fully loaded with 2 molecules of each substrate/enzyme dimer. ..
- Li S, Chaulagain M, Knauff A, Podust L, Montgomery J, Sherman D. Selective oxidation of carbolide C-H bonds by an engineered macrolide P450 mono-oxygenase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:18463-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, unexpected biological activity of a select number of these carbolide systems revealed their potential as a previously unrecorded class of antibiotics. ..
- Martell K, Levy G, Weber W. Cloned mouse N-acetyltransferases: enzymatic properties of expressed Nat-1 and Nat-2 gene products. Mol Pharmacol. 1992;42:265-72 pubmed..Comparison of the rates of translation of the rapid and slow isoforms of NAT-2 in an in vitro system showed that NAT-2(99asn) was translated at approximately twice the rate of NAT-2(99ile).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Fissell W, Manley S, Westover A, Humes H, Fleischman A, Roy S. Differentiated growth of human renal tubule cells on thin-film and nanostructured materials. ASAIO J. 2006;52:221-7 pubmed
- Fagan R, Nelson M, Pagano P, Palfey B. Mechanism of flavin reduction in class 2 dihydroorotate dehydrogenases. Biochemistry. 2006;45:14926-32 pubmed..The H. sapiens DHOD also appears to have a pKa near 9.4 controlling reduction, similar to that previously reported for the E. coli enzyme. Similar KIEs were obtained with the H. sapiens enzyme at a pH value below the pKa. ..
- Hougland J, Hicks K, Hartman H, Kelly R, Watt T, Fierke C. Identification of novel peptide substrates for protein farnesyltransferase reveals two substrate classes with distinct sequence selectivities. J Mol Biol. 2010;395:176-90 pubmed publisher..Finally, these data illuminate the potential for in vivo regulation of prenylation through modulation of STO versus MTO peptide reactivity with FTase. ..
- Baude E, Dignam S, Olsen S, Reimann E, Uhler M. Glutamic acid 203 of the cAMP-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit participates in the inhibition by two isoforms of the protein kinase inhibitor. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:2316-23 pubmed..Preliminary studies of the expression of these C alpha mutants in COS cells gave similar results. These results suggest that the C alpha E203 mutants may be useful in assessing the role of PKI in vivo. ..
- Bertelsen E, Chang L, Gestwicki J, Zuiderweg E. Solution conformation of wild-type E. coli Hsp70 (DnaK) chaperone complexed with ADP and substrate. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:8471-6 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, an average structure can be defined. This structure places the SBD in close proximity of subdomain IA of the NBD and suggests that the SBD collides with the NBD at this area to establish allosteric communication. ..
- Teufel R, Miyanaga A, Michaudel Q, Stull F, Louie G, Noel J, et al. Flavin-mediated dual oxidation controls an enzymatic Favorskii-type rearrangement. Nature. 2013;503:552-556 pubmed publisher..This work provides new insight into the fine-tuning of the flavin cofactor in offsetting the innate reactivity of a polyketide substrate to direct its efficient electrocyclization. ..
- Cole L, Gatti D, Entsch B, Ballou D. Removal of a methyl group causes global changes in p-hydroxybenzoate hydroxylase. Biochemistry. 2005;44:8047-58 pubmed..This work demonstrates some general principles of how enzymes use conformational movements to allow both access and egress of substrates and product, while restricting access to the solvent at a critical stage in catalysis. ..
- Couture J, Collazo E, Ortiz Tello P, Brunzelle J, Trievel R. Specificity and mechanism of JMJD2A, a trimethyllysine-specific histone demethylase. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:689-95 pubmed..We propose that this residue modulates the methylation-state specificities of JMJD2 enzymes and other trimethyllysine-specific JmjC HDMs. ..
- Del Rizzo P, Krishnan S, Trievel R. Crystal structure and functional analysis of JMJD5 indicate an alternate specificity and function. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4044-52 pubmed publisher..Together, these results imply that JMJD5 participates in roles independent of histone demethylation and may function as a protein hydroxylase given its structural homology with FIH-1 and JMJD6. ..
- Das A, Uhler M, Hajra A. Molecular cloning and expression of mammalian peroxisomal trans-2-enoyl-coenzyme A reductase cDNAs. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:24333-40 pubmed publisher..Northern blot analysis demonstrated that a single transcript of 1.3 kilobases is present in most mouse tissues, with particularly high concentrations in liver and kidney...
- Ortiz Maldonado M, Cole L, Dumas S, Entsch B, Ballou D. Increased positive electrostatic potential in p-hydroxybenzoate hydroxylase accelerates hydroxylation but slows turnover. Biochemistry. 2004;43:1569-79 pubmed..Ortiz-Maldonado, M., Entsch, B., Massey, V., Ballou, D., and Gatti, D. L. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99, 608-613] is integral to the process of binding and release of substrate from oxidized enzyme during catalysis. ..
- Chun Y, Yamakoshi Y, Yamakoshi F, Fukae M, Hu J, Bartlett J, et al. Cleavage site specificity of MMP-20 for secretory-stage ameloblastin. J Dent Res. 2010;89:785-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that MMP-20 is the enzyme that processes ameloblastin during the secretory stage of amelogenesis, and we present a hypothesis about the sequence of ameloblastin cleavages...
- Tirasophon W, Welihinda A, Kaufman R. A stress response pathway from the endoplasmic reticulum to the nucleus requires a novel bifunctional protein kinase/endoribonuclease (Ire1p) in mammalian cells. Genes Dev. 1998;12:1812-24 pubmed..These results demonstrate that hIre1p is an essential proximal sensor of the unfolded protein response pathway in mammalian cells. ..
- Ibdah M, Chen Y, Wilkerson C, Pichersky E. An aldehyde oxidase in developing seeds of Arabidopsis converts benzaldehyde to benzoic Acid. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:416-23 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that in Arabidopsis seeds, oxidation of BD contributes in part to the synthesis of BA. ..
- Bonnett S, Whicher J, Papireddy K, Florova G, Smith J, Reynolds K. Structural and stereochemical analysis of a modular polyketide synthase ketoreductase domain required for the generation of a cis-alkene. Chem Biol. 2013;20:772-83 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the closed lid loop in substrate-bound A-type KRs restricts active site access from all but one direction, which is proposed to control the stereochemistry of ketoreduction. ..
- Ortiz Maldonado M, Gatti D, Ballou D, Massey V. Structure-function correlations of the reaction of reduced nicotinamide analogues with p-hydroxybenzoate hydroxylase substituted with a series of 8-substituted flavins. Biochemistry. 1999;38:16636-47 pubmed
- Zhang H, Im S, Waskell L. Cytochrome b5 increases the rate of product formation by cytochrome P450 2B4 and competes with cytochrome P450 reductase for a binding site on cytochrome P450 2B4. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29766-76 pubmed..It is proposed that cyt b(5) and CPR compete for a binding site on cyt P450 2B4...
- Hedglin M, O Brien P. Human alkyladenine DNA glycosylase employs a processive search for DNA damage. Biochemistry. 2008;47:11434-45 pubmed publisher..These observations support the idea that diffusion on undamaged DNA contributes to the search for sites of DNA damage. ..
- Gehret J, Gu L, Geders T, Brown W, Gerwick L, Gerwick W, et al. Structure and activity of DmmA, a marine haloalkane dehalogenase. Protein Sci. 2012;21:239-48 pubmed publisher..This enhanced cavity was shown to accept a range of linear and cyclic substrates, suggesting that DmmA will contribute to the expanding industrial applications of HLDs. ..
- Hougland J, Gangopadhyay S, Fierke C. Expansion of protein farnesyltransferase specificity using "tunable" active site interactions: development of bioengineered prenylation pathways. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38090-100 pubmed publisher..Engineered FTase variants provide a novel avenue for probing both the selectivity of prenylation pathway enzymes and the effects of prenylation pathway modifications on the cellular function of a protein. ..
- Dekker E, Kitson R. 2-Keto-4-hydroxyglutarate aldolase: purification and characterization of the homogeneous enzyme from bovine kidney. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:10507-14 pubmed
- Desrochers P, Jeffrey J, Weiss S. Interstitial collagenase (matrix metalloproteinase-1) expresses serpinase activity. J Clin Invest. 1991;87:2258-65 pubmed..Together, these data indicate that matrix metalloproteinase-1 displays an expanded substrate repertoire that supports the existence of a new interface between connective tissue turnover and Serpin function. ..
- Weston B, Nair R, Larsen R, Lowe J. Isolation of a novel human alpha (1,3)fucosyltransferase gene and molecular comparison to the human Lewis blood group alpha (1,3/1,4)fucosyltransferase gene. Syntenic, homologous, nonallelic genes encoding enzymes with distinct acceptor substrate spe. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:4152-60 pubmed..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that this gene encodes the human "plasma type" alpha(1,3)fucosyltransferase, and suggest a molecular basis for a family of human alpha(1,3)fucosyltransferase genes. ..
- Guan K, Butch E. Isolation and characterization of a novel dual specific phosphatase, HVH2, which selectively dephosphorylates the mitogen-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:7197-203 pubmed..HVH2 mRNA showed an expression pattern distinct from CL100 (human homologue of mouse MKP1) and PAC1, two previously identified MAP kinase phosphatases. Our data suggest a possible role of HVH2 in MAP kinase regulation. ..
- Clarke T, Bain P, Greco T, Payne A. A novel mouse kidney 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase complementary DNA encodes a 3-ketosteroid reductase instead of a 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4-isomerase. Mol Endocrinol. 1993;7:1569-78 pubmed..Mouse 3 beta HSD IV is functionally and structurally most closely related to rat 3 beta HSD III, an isoform expressed predominantly in male rat liver. ..
- Wang Y, Johnson A, Ye Q, Dyer R. Catalytic activities and substrate specificity of the human membrane type 4 matrix metalloproteinase catalytic domain. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:33043-9 pubmed..MT4-MMP is, therefore, a competent Zn(2+)-dependent MMP with unique specificity among synthetic substrates and the capability to both degrade gelatin and activate progelatinase A. ..
- Sheflyan G, Duewel H, Chen G, Woodard R. Identification of essential histidine residues in 3-deoxy-D-manno-octulosonic acid 8-phosphate synthase: analysis by chemical modification with diethyl pyrocarbonate and site-directed mutagenesis. Biochemistry. 1999;38:14320-9 pubmed
- Meredith T, Woodard R. Escherichia coli YrbH is a D-arabinose 5-phosphate isomerase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32771-7 pubmed..The value of Keq (Ru5P/A5P) is 0.50 +/- 0.06. Homology searches of the E. coli genome suggest yrbH may be one of multiple genes that encode proteins with API activity. ..
- Draganov D, Teiber J, Speelman A, Osawa Y, Sunahara R, La Du B. Human paraoxonases (PON1, PON2, and PON3) are lactonases with overlapping and distinct substrate specificities. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:1239-47 pubmed..None of the recombinant PONs protected low density lipoprotein against copper-induced oxidation in vitro. ..
- Couture J, Collazo E, Brunzelle J, Trievel R. Structural and functional analysis of SET8, a histone H4 Lys-20 methyltransferase. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1455-65 pubmed..Finally, analysis of the product specificity indicates that hSET8 is a monomethylase, consistent with its role in the maintenance of Lys-20 monomethylation during cell division. ..
- Rosebeck S, Madden L, Jin X, Gu S, Apel I, Appert A, et al. Cleavage of NIK by the API2-MALT1 fusion oncoprotein leads to noncanonical NF-kappaB activation. Science. 2011;331:468-72 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals the gain-of-function proteolytic activity of a fusion oncoprotein and highlights the importance of the noncanonical NF-?B pathway in B lymphoproliferative disease. ..
- Milarski K, Zhu G, Pearl C, McNamara D, Dobrusin E, MacLean D, et al. Sequence specificity in recognition of the epidermal growth factor receptor by protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:23634-9 pubmed..The results revealed clear sequence specificity in the binding of proteins involved in the regulation of intracellular signaling by receptor tyrosine kinases. ..
- Denu J, Zhou G, Wu L, Zhao R, Yuvaniyama J, Saper M, et al. The purification and characterization of a human dual-specific protein tyrosine phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:3796-803 pubmed..Similar results were obtained with F(NLe)(N-Le)pTPpYVVTR, a peptide corresponding to a MAP kinase-like protein (JNK1(180-189)) which is involved in the stress response signaling pathway. ..
- Natsuka S, Gersten K, Zenita K, Kannagi R, Lowe J. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding a novel human leukocyte alpha-1,3-fucosyltransferase capable of synthesizing the sialyl Lewis x determinant. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:16789-94 pubmed..Fuc-TVII represents a leukocytic alpha-1,3-fucosyltransferase that can participate in selectin ligand synthesis via its ability to catalyze the synthesis of sialyl Lewis x determinants. ..
- Wang H, Kurochkin A, Pang Y, Hu W, Flynn G, Zuiderweg E. NMR solution structure of the 21 kDa chaperone protein DnaK substrate binding domain: a preview of chaperone-protein interaction. Biochemistry. 1998;37:7929-40 pubmed..It is located in a region close to the N-terminus of the domain and may constitute the allosteric region that links substrate-binding affinity with nucleotide binding in the Hsp70 chaperones. ..
- Zhang H, Gruenke L, Arscott D, Shen A, Kasper C, Harris D, et al. Determination of the rate of reduction of oxyferrous cytochrome P450 2B4 by 5-deazariboflavin adenine dinucleotide T491V cytochrome P450 reductase. Biochemistry. 2003;42:11594-603 pubmed
- Ahuja S, Jahr N, Im S, Vivekanandan S, Popovych N, Le Clair S, et al. A model of the membrane-bound cytochrome b5-cytochrome P450 complex from NMR and mutagenesis data. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:22080-95 pubmed publisher..We have also shown that the addition of a substrate to cytP450 likely strengthens the cytb5-cytP450 interaction. This study paves the way to obtaining valuable structural, functional, and dynamic information on membrane-bound complexes...
- Stone R, Zalkin H, Dixon J. Expression, purification, and kinetic characterization of recombinant human adenylosuccinate lyase. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:19710-6 pubmed..The kinetic constants at pH 7.0, 25 degrees C and the kcat/Km versus pH profiles for ASL and S413P ASL were very similar. These results are consistent with S413P being a structural rather than a catalytic defect. ..
- Komano H, Rockwell N, Wang G, Krafft G, Fuller R. Purification and characterization of the yeast glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored, monobasic-specific aspartyl protease yapsin 2 (Mkc7p). J Biol Chem. 1999;274:24431-7 pubmed..0. However, V(max)/K(m) for a substrate mimicking the alpha-secretase site in human beta amyloid precursor protein was optimal near pH 6.0, consistent with cleavage of beta amyloid precursor protein by yapsin 2 when expressed in yeast. ..
- Kung F, Nonekowski S, Garcia G. tRNA-guanine transglycosylase from Escherichia coli: recognition of noncognate-cognate chimeric tRNA and discovery of a novel recognition site within the TpsiC arm of tRNA(Phe). RNA. 2000;6:233-44 pubmed..Although it is unclear if this second recognition site is physiologically relevant, this does suggest that other RNA species could serve as substrates for TGT in vivo. ..
- Deshpande R, Wilson T. Identification of DNA 3'-phosphatase active site residues and their differential role in DNA binding, Mg2+ coordination, and catalysis. Biochemistry. 2004;43:8579-89 pubmed..On the basis of these similarities in mutant phenotypes of Tpp1 and phosphoserine phosphatase, we propose a reaction mechanism for Tpp1 which explains its strict phosphate specificity. ..
- Sun H, Kapuria V, Peterson L, Fang D, Bornmann W, Bartholomeusz G, et al. Bcr-Abl ubiquitination and Usp9x inhibition block kinase signaling and promote CML cell apoptosis. Blood. 2011;117:3151-62 pubmed publisher..This approach may be a therapeutic option for kinase inhibitor-resistant CML patients. ..
- Eric Thomas C, Chen Y, Garcia G. Differential heterocyclic substrate recognition by, and pteridine inhibition of E. coli and human tRNA-guanine transglycosylases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;410:34-9 pubmed publisher..The pteridine inhibition results are consistent with an earlier hypothesis that pteridines may regulate eukaryal TGT activity (Jacobson et al., Nuc. Acids Res. 9 (1981) 2351 ). ..
- Park C, Abbaszade I, Payne A. Expression of multiple forms of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in the mouse liver during fetal and postnatal development. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1996;116:157-64 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that the liver may play an important role in the biosynthesis of steroid hormones during murine fetal development. ..
- Gang D, Lavid N, Zubieta C, Chen F, Beuerle T, Lewinsohn E, et al. Characterization of phenylpropene O-methyltransferases from sweet basil: facile change of substrate specificity and convergent evolution within a plant O-methyltransferase family. Plant Cell. 2002;14:505-19 pubmed..This prediction was confirmed by site-directed mutagenesis, in which the appropriate mutants of CVOMT1 (F260S) and EOMT1 (S261F) were produced that exhibited the opposite substrate preference relative to the respective native enzyme. ..
- Thammavongsa V, Mancino L, Raghavan M. Polypeptide substrate recognition by calnexin requires specific conformations of the calnexin protein. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:33497-505 pubmed
- Tan M, Gallegos J, Gu Q, Huang Y, Li J, Jin Y, et al. SAG/ROC-SCF beta-TrCP E3 ubiquitin ligase promotes pro-caspase-3 degradation as a mechanism of apoptosis protection. Neoplasia. 2006;8:1042-54 pubmed..Thus, pro-caspase-3 appears to be a substrate of SAG/ROC-SCF(beta-TrCP) E3 Ub ligase, which protects cells from apoptosis through increased apoptosis threshold by reducing the basal level of pro-caspase-3. ..
- Wolfe A, O Brien P. Kinetic mechanism for the flipping and excision of 1,N(6)-ethenoadenine by human alkyladenine DNA glycosylase. Biochemistry. 2009;48:11357-69 pubmed publisher..Finally, the highly favorable equilibrium for flipping of epsilonA ensures that epsilonA removal is independent of sequence context and highly efficient despite the relatively slow rate of N-glycosidic bond hydrolysis. ..