Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna interference in East Lansing, Michigan, United States
Locale: East Lansing, Michigan, United States
Topic: rna interference
- Chen M, Payne W, Hunt H, Zhang H, Holmen S, Dodgson J. Inhibition of Marek's disease virus replication by retroviral vector-based RNA interference. Virology. 2008;377:265-72 pubmed publisher..The use of targets within multiple genes potentially can provide a larger antiviral effect and/or make it more difficult for viral escape mutations to evolve. ..
- Lee K, Lynd J, O Reilly S, Kiupel M, McCormick J, LaPres J. The biphasic role of the hypoxia-inducible factor prolyl-4-hydroxylase, PHD2, in modulating tumor-forming potential. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:829-42 pubmed publisher..These findings support a biphasic model for the relationship between PHD2 activity and malignant transformation. ..
- Cho H, Wu M, Zhang L, Thompson R, Nath A, Chan C. Signaling dynamics of palmitate-induced ER stress responses mediated by ATF4 in HepG2 cells. BMC Syst Biol. 2013;7:9 pubmed publisher..The in silico model helped to delineate the essential signaling pathways in palmitate-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Bomberger J, Parameswaran N, Hall C, Aiyar N, Spielman W. Novel function for receptor activity-modifying proteins (RAMPs) in post-endocytic receptor trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9297-307 pubmed..These results indicate a novel function for RAMP3 in the post-endocytic sorting of the AM-R and suggest a broader regulatory role for RAMPs in receptor trafficking. ..
- Senthivinayagam S, McIntosh A, Moon K, Atshaves B. Plin2 inhibits cellular glucose uptake through interactions with SNAP23, a SNARE complex protein. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73696 pubmed publisher..In summary, the current study for the first time provides direct evidence for the role of Plin2 in mediating cellular glucose uptake. ..
- Li T, Cao C, Yang T, Zhang L, He L, Xi Z, et al. A G-protein-coupled receptor regulation pathway in cytochrome P450-mediated permethrin-resistance in mosquitoes, Culex quinquefasciatus. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17772 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies revealed, for the first time, the role of the GPCR/cAMP/PKA-mediated regulatory pathway governing P450 gene expression and P450-mediated resistance in Culex mosquitoes. ..
- Payankaulam S, Yeung K, McNeill H, Henry R, Arnosti D. Regulation of cell polarity determinants by the Retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22879 pubmed publisher..RB control of cell polarity may be an evolutionarily conserved function, with important implications in cancer metastasis. ..
- Sen A, Lv L, Bello N, Ireland J, Smith G. Cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript accelerates termination of follicle-stimulating hormone-induced extracellularly regulated kinase 1/2 and Akt activation by regulating the expression and degradation of specific mitogen-activated protein k. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:2655-76 pubmed publisher..Results provide novel insight into the intracellular mechanism of action of CART in regulation of FSH-induced MAPK signaling. ..
- Zhao Y, Wang Z, Jiang Y, Yang C. Inactivation of Rac1 reduces Trastuzumab resistance in PTEN deficient and insulin-like growth factor I receptor overexpressing human breast cancer SKBR3 cells. Cancer Lett. 2011;313:54-63 pubmed publisher..Simultaneous inhibition of Rac1 and Akt may represent a promising strategy in reducing Trastuzumab resistance in HER2 overexpression breast cancer. ..
- Patial S, Luo J, Porter K, Benovic J, Parameswaran N. G-protein-coupled-receptor kinases mediate TNF?-induced NF?B signalling via direct interaction with and phosphorylation of I?B?. Biochem J. 2009;425:169-78 pubmed publisher..7 macrophages did not affect TNF?-induced I?B? phosphorylation. Taken together, these results demonstrate that both GRK2 and 5 are important and novel mediators of a non-traditional I?B?-NF?B signaling pathway. ..
- Ciche T, Sternberg P. Postembryonic RNAi in Heterorhabditis bacteriophora: a nematode insect parasite and host for insect pathogenic symbionts. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:101 pubmed..RNA interference is an excellent reverse genetic tool to study gene function in C. elegans, and it would be useful in H. bacteriophora to exploit the H. bacteriophora genome project, currently in progress...
- Loniewski K, Patial S, Parameswaran N. Sensitivity of TLR4- and -7-induced NF kappa B1 p105-TPL2-ERK pathway to TNF-receptor-associated-factor-6 revealed by RNAi in mouse macrophages. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:3715-23 pubmed..These results have important implications in terms of therapeutic targeting of TRAF6 complexes in diseases where TLR4 and -7 are involved. ..
- Xu C, Yu B, Cornish A, Froehlich J, Benning C. Phosphatidylglycerol biosynthesis in chloroplasts of Arabidopsis mutants deficient in acyl-ACP glycerol-3- phosphate acyltransferase. Plant J. 2006;47:296-309 pubmed..These observations indicate coordinated regulation of plastid lipid metabolism and plant development. ..
- Gu L, Esselman W, Henry R. Cooperation between small nuclear RNA-activating protein complex (SNAPC) and TATA-box-binding protein antagonizes protein kinase CK2 inhibition of DNA binding by SNAPC. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27697-704 pubmed..Thus, CK2 may have the capacity to differentially regulate U1 and U6 transcription even though SNAP(C) is universally utilized for human snRNA gene transcription. ..
- Bomberger J, Spielman W, Hall C, Weinman E, Parameswaran N. Receptor activity-modifying protein (RAMP) isoform-specific regulation of adrenomedullin receptor trafficking by NHERF-1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:23926-35 pubmed..These results, using both endogenous and overexpressed cellular models, indicate a novel function for NHERF-1 and RAMP3 in the internalization of the AM receptor and suggest additional regulatory mechanisms for receptor trafficking. ..
- Matsushima Y, Adán C, Garesse R, Kaguni L. Drosophila mitochondrial transcription factor B1 modulates mitochondrial translation but not transcription or DNA copy number in Schneider cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16815-20 pubmed..Our work represents the first study to document the role of mtTFB1 in vivo and establishes clearly functional differences between mtTFB1 and mtTFB2. ..
- Matsushima Y, Garesse R, Kaguni L. Drosophila mitochondrial transcription factor B2 regulates mitochondrial DNA copy number and transcription in schneider cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:26900-5 pubmed