Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on recombinant fusion proteins in Detroit, Michigan, United States
Locale: Detroit, Michigan, United States
Topic: recombinant fusion proteins
- Yu F, Finley R, Raz A, Kim H. Galectin-3 translocates to the perinuclear membranes and inhibits cytochrome c release from the mitochondria. A role for synexin in galectin-3 translocation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15819-27 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that synexin mediates galectin-3 translocation to the perinuclear mitochondrial membranes, where it regulates mitochondrial integrity critical for apoptosis regulation. ..
- Steffes C, Ellis J, Wu J, Rosen B. The lysP gene encodes the lysine-specific permease. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:3242-9 pubmed..Cells carrying a plasmid with the lysP gene exhibited a 10- to 20-fold increase in the rate of lysine uptake above wild-type levels. These results demonstrate that the lysP gene encodes the lysine-specific permease. ..
- Chen Z, Xu X, Harrison J, Wang G. Defining the function of xeroderma pigmentosum group F protein in psoralen interstrand cross-link-mediated DNA repair and mutagenesis. Biochem J. 2004;379:71-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the XPF protein has important roles in the psoralen ICL-mediated DNA repair and mutagenesis. ..
- Sbrissa D, Ikonomov O, Strakova J, Shisheva A. Role for a novel signaling intermediate, phosphatidylinositol 5-phosphate, in insulin-regulated F-actin stress fiber breakdown and GLUT4 translocation. Endocrinology. 2004;145:4853-65 pubmed..Together, these results identify PtdIns 5-P as a novel key intermediate for insulin signaling in F-actin remodeling and GLUT4 translocation. ..
- Schmidt M, Hoeller D, Yu J, Furnari F, Cavenee W, Dikic I, et al. Alix/AIP1 antagonizes epidermal growth factor receptor downregulation by the Cbl-SETA/CIN85 complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8981-93 pubmed..We propose that Alix inhibits EGFR internalization by attenuating the interaction between Cbl and SETA/CIN85 and by inhibiting Cbl-mediated ubiquitination of the EGFR. ..
- Nautiyal J, Yu Y, Aboukameel A, Kanwar S, Das J, Du J, et al. ErbB-inhibitory protein: a modified ectodomain of epidermal growth factor receptor synergizes with dasatinib to inhibit growth of breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:1503-14 pubmed publisher..The latter could be attributed to induction of apoptosis. We conclude that combining dasatinib and EBIP could be an effective therapeutic strategy for breast cancer by targeting EGFRs and Src signaling. ..
- KESSEL D, Price M, Reiners J. ATG7 deficiency suppresses apoptosis and cell death induced by lysosomal photodamage. Autophagy. 2012;8:1333-41 pubmed publisher..In addition, an effect of ATG7 unrelated to autophagy appears to modulate lysosomal photodamage. ..
- Daffu G, Sohi J, Kamholz J. Proteolipid protein dimerization at cysteine 108: Implications for protein structure. Neurosci Res. 2012;74:144-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that mutant PLP multimerization, mediated in part by way of cysteine 108, may be part of the pathogenesis of Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease. ..
- Sharma S, Rupasinghe C, Parisien R, Spaller M. Design, synthesis, and evaluation of linear and cyclic peptide ligands for PDZ10 of the multi-PDZ domain protein MUPP1. Biochemistry. 2007;46:12709-20 pubmed..Additionally, two conformationally constrained side chain-bridged cyclic peptide ligands were also designed, prepared, evaluated by ITC, and shown to bind PDZ10 primarily through a favorable change in entropy. ..
- Osenkowski P, Meroueh S, Pavel D, Mobashery S, Fridman R. Mutational and structural analyses of the hinge region of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase and enzyme processing. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26160-8 pubmed..These studies suggest that the hinge of MT1-MMP evolved to facilitate processing, a promiscuous but compulsory event in the destiny of MT1-MMP, which may play a key role in the control of pericellular proteolysis. ..
- Hou Z, Narindrasorasak S, Bhushan B, Sarkar B, Mitra B. Functional analysis of chimeric proteins of the Wilson Cu(I)-ATPase (ATP7B) and ZntA, a Pb(II)/Zn(II)/Cd(II)-ATPase from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:40858-63 pubmed..Also, these results suggest that this domain interacts with the rest of the transporter in a metal ion-specific manner; the amino-terminal domain of ATP7B cannot replace that of ZntA in restoring full catalytic activity. ..
- Kamberov E, Atkinson M, Chandran P, Ninfa A. Effect of mutations in Escherichia coli glnL (ntrB), encoding nitrogen regulator II (NRII or NtrB), on the phosphatase activity involved in bacterial nitrogen regulation. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:28294-9 pubmed..Thus, while the kinase and phosphatase activities of NRII could be genetically separated, some of the highly conserved residues in the C-terminal domain of NRII (Asp-287, Gly-289, Gly-291) are apparently important for both activities. ..
- Tisdale E. Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is phosphorylated by protein kinase Ciota /lambda and plays a role in microtubule dynamics in the early secretory pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3334-41 pubmed..These combined results suggest that Rab2 stimulated PKCiota/lambda and GAPDH recruitment to VTCs, and the subsequent PKCiota/lambda phosphorylation of GAPDH ultimately influences MT dynamics in the early secretory pathway. ..
- Hanna I, Roberts E, Hollenberg P. Molecular basis for the differences in lidocaine binding and regioselectivity of oxidation by cytochromes P450 2B1 and 2B2. Biochemistry. 1998;37:311-8 pubmed..The altered regioselectivity was accompanied with approximately 10-fold increases in the measured Ks, Km, and kcat values for LIDO. ..
- Deng Y, Bhattacharya S, Swamy O, Tandon R, Wang Y, Janda R, et al. Growth factor receptor-binding protein 10 (Grb10) as a partner of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in metabolic insulin action. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:39311-22 pubmed..The dissection of the interaction of mouse Grb10 with p85 and the resulting regulation of PI 3-kinase activity should help elucidate the complexity of the IR signaling mechanism. ..
- Xu H, Yu Y, Marciniak D, Rishi A, Sarkar F, Kucuk O, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-related protein inhibits multiple members of the EGFR family in colon and breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2005;4:435-42 pubmed..Our results suggest that ERRP is an effective pan-erbB inhibitor and, thus, may be a potential therapeutic agent for a wide variety of epithelial cancers expressing different levels and subclasses of EGFRs. ..
- Chang V, Ho Y. Structural characterization of the mouse Foxf1a gene. Gene. 2001;267:201-11 pubmed
- McClung H, Golembieski W, Schultz C, Jankowski M, Schultz L, Rempel S. Deletion of the SPARC acidic domain or EGF-like module reduces SPARC-induced migration and signaling through p38 MAPK/HSP27 in glioma. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:275-84 pubmed publisher..Our data link the domains of SPARC with different functions and suggest one or both of the constructs as potential therapeutic agents to inhibit SPARC-induced migration. ..
- Wu J, Tisa L, Rosen B. Membrane topology of the ArsB protein, the membrane subunit of an anion-translocating ATPase. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:12570-6 pubmed..The location of a periplasmic loop was determined from V8 protease digestion of an ArsA-ArsB chimera. From analysis of data from 26 fusions, a topological model of the ArsB protein with 12 membrane-spanning regions is proposed. ..
- Granneman J, Moore H, Krishnamoorthy R, Rathod M. Perilipin controls lipolysis by regulating the interactions of AB-hydrolase containing 5 (Abhd5) and adipose triglyceride lipase (Atgl). J Biol Chem. 2009;284:34538-44 pubmed publisher..Imaging experiments demonstrated that the Plin-dependent interaction of Abhd5 and Atgl occurs mainly, but not exclusively, on lipid droplets that contain Plin. ..
- Wang J, Riedel H. Insulin-like growth factor-I receptor and insulin receptor association with a Src homology-2 domain-containing putative adapter. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:3136-9 pubmed..IR and IGF-IR Tyr phosphorylation motifs were not identified in the complete SH2-B primary structure, suggesting that it may participate as an adapter rather than a substrate in the IGF-I and insulin signaling pathways. ..
- Chau V, Tobias J, Bachmair A, Marriott D, Ecker D, Gonda D, et al. A multiubiquitin chain is confined to specific lysine in a targeted short-lived protein. Science. 1989;243:1576-83 pubmed..The experiments with ubiquitin mutated at its Lys48 residue indicate that the multiubiquitin chain in a targeted protein is essential for the degradation of the protein. ..
- Kim Y, Furman S, Sink H, VanBerkum M. Calmodulin and profilin coregulate axon outgrowth in Drosophila. J Neurobiol. 2001;47:26-38 pubmed..Together, our data indicate that the growth cone must coordinate the activity of both calmodulin and profilin in order to advance past selected choice points, including those dictating midline crossovers. ..
- Carpenter M, Rajagurubandara E, Wijesinghe P, Bhagwat A. Determinants of sequence-specificity within human AID and APOBEC3G. DNA Repair (Amst). 2010;9:579-87 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the sequence selectivity of APOBEC family of enzymes is determined by at least two separate sequence segments and there may be additional regions of the protein involved in DNA sequence recognition. ..
- Ikonomov O, Fligger J, Sbrissa D, Dondapati R, Mlak K, Deeb R, et al. Kinesin adapter JLP links PIKfyve to microtubule-based endosome-to-trans-Golgi network traffic of furin. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3750-61 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that JLP interacts with PIKfyve and that both proteins and their association are required in microtubule-based, but not in microtubule-independent, endosome-to-TGN cargo transport. ..
- Gardocki M, Bakewell M, Kamath D, Robinson K, Borovicka K, Lopes J. Genomic analysis of PIS1 gene expression. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:604-14 pubmed..Collectively, these studies demonstrate how a collection of genomic and traditional strategies can be implemented to identify a set of genes that affect the regulation of an essential gene. ..
- Moshier J, Osborne D, Skunca M, Dosescu J, Gilbert J, Fitzgerald M, et al. Multiple promoter elements govern expression of the human ornithine decarboxylase gene in colon carcinoma cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:2581-90 pubmed..Finally, the saturation of the promoter in these transformed cell lines suggests that high levels of protein binding in the ODC promoter may contribute to elevated constitutive expression of this gene. ..
- Du Y, Carlock L, Kuo T. The mouse plasma membrane Ca2+ pump isoform 1 promoter: cloning and characterization. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1995;316:302-10 pubmed..The promoter was stimulated threefold by phorbol ester and twofold by cyclic AMP. These results provide further proof indicating up-regulation of the PMCA1 gene by multiple second messenger pathways. ..
- Chen M, Lopes J. Multiple basic helix-loop-helix proteins regulate expression of the ENO1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2007;6:786-96 pubmed..These results support the general model that bHLH proteins can coordinate different biological pathways via multiple mechanisms. ..
- Hsu D, Brusilow W. Effects of the uncI gene on expression of uncB, the gene coding for the a subunit of the F1F0 ATPase of Escherichia coli. FEBS Lett. 1995;371:127-31 pubmed..The I gene therefore appears to specifically affect the expression of uncB or the synthesis of the a subunit at some step after translational initiation of uncB. ..
- Ellis J, Carlin A, Steffes C, Wu J, Liu J, Rosen B. Topological analysis of the lysine-specific permease of Escherichia coli. Microbiology. 1995;141 ( Pt 8):1927-35 pubmed..From analysis of 30 gene fusions, a topological model of the LysP protein is proposed in which the protein has 12 membrane-spanning regions, with the N- and C-terminal in the cytosol. ..
- Hanson B, Lowe B, Neely M. Membrane topology and DNA-binding ability of the Streptococcal CpsA protein. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:411-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, CpsA, as well as other members of the LytR_cpsA_psr protein family, appears to utilize a unique mechanism of transcriptional regulation. ..
- San Francisco M, Tisa L, Rosen B. Identification of the membrane component of the anion pump encoded by the arsenical resistance operon of R-factor R773. Mol Microbiol. 1989;3:15-21 pubmed..In addition to the previously identified ArsA and ArsC proteins, the cells synthesized an inner membrane protein with an apparent mass of 36 kD identified as the ArsB protein. ..
- Robinson K, Koepke J, Kharodawala M, Lopes J. A network of yeast basic helix-loop-helix interactions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:4460-6 pubmed..Ino2p is the only protein in common with the data presented here. Our finding that Ino4p interacts with five bHLH proteins suggests that Ino4p is likely to be a central player in the coordination of multiple biological processes. ..
- Modem S, Reddy T. An anti-apoptotic protein, Hax-1, inhibits the HIV-1 rev function by altering its sub-cellular localization. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:14-9 pubmed..We propose that over-expression of Hax-1, possibly through binding to Rev, may interfere with the stability/export of RRE-containing mRNA and target the RNA for degradation. ..
- Wu R, Wang X, Womble D, Rownd R. Suppression of replication-deficient mutants of IncFII plasmid NR1 can occur by two different mechanisms that increase expression of the repA1 gene. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:3161-73 pubmed..Plasmids that lacked either circuit were less stable than wild-type plasmids. ..
- Schmidt T, Doan J, Goodman M, Grossman L. Retention of a duplicate gene through changes in subcellular targeting: an electron transport protein homologue localizes to the golgi. J Mol Evol. 2003;57:222-8 pubmed..Noncomplementary null mutations could also uncover an alternate localization, which is the more likely case for pCOX7AR. ..
- Undrovinas A, Maltsev V, Kyle J, Silverman N, Sabbah H. Gating of the late Na+ channel in normal and failing human myocardium. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2002;34:1477-89 pubmed..Accordingly, the late current appears to be generated by a single population of channels in normal and failing human ventricular myocardium. Both SLO and BO could be implicated in EADs in HF. ..
- Rensing C, Fan B, Sharma R, Mitra B, Rosen B. CopA: An Escherichia coli Cu(I)-translocating P-type ATPase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:652-6 pubmed..The results indicate that CopA is a Cu(I)-translocating efflux pump that is similar to the copper pumps related to Menkes and Wilson diseases and provides a useful prokaryotic model for these human diseases. ..
- Sbrissa D, Ikonomov O, Shisheva A. Phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate-interacting domains in PIKfyve. Binding specificity and role in PIKfyve. Endomenbrane localization. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6073-9 pubmed
- Liu G, Schwartz J, Brooks S. Estrogen receptor protects p53 from deactivation by human double minute-2. Cancer Res. 2000;60:1810-4 pubmed..This study also describes a new mechanism of cellular regulation of p53 activity. ..
- Mai J, Finley R, Waisman D, Sloane B. Human procathepsin B interacts with the annexin II tetramer on the surface of tumor cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12806-12 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that the annexin II tetramer can serve as a binding protein for procathepsin B on the surface of tumor cells, an interaction that may facilitate tumor invasion and metastasis. ..
- Tisdale E, Kelly C, Artalejo C. Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase interacts with Rab2 and plays an essential role in endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi transport exclusive of its glycolytic activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54046-52 pubmed..These data suggest that GAPDH imparts a unique function necessary for membrane trafficking from VTCs that does not require GAPDH glycolytic activity. ..
- Freitag N, Jacobs K. Examination of Listeria monocytogenes intracellular gene expression by using the green fluorescent protein of Aequorea victoria. Infect Immun. 1999;67:1844-52 pubmed..These results emphasize the ability of L. monocytogenes to sense the different host cell compartment environments encountered during the course of infection and to regulate virulence gene expression in response. ..
- Wang J, Dai H, Yousaf N, Moussaif M, Deng Y, Boufelliga A, et al. Grb10, a positive, stimulatory signaling adapter in platelet-derived growth factor BB-, insulin-like growth factor I-, and insulin-mediated mitogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6217-28 pubmed..Distinct protein domains may help to define specific Grb10 functions in different signaling pathways. ..