Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein transport in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Locale: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Topic: protein transport
Publications106 found, 100 shown here
- Marble D, Hegle A, Snyder E, Dimitratos S, Bryant P, Wilson G. Camguk/CASK enhances Ether-á-go-go potassium current by a phosphorylation-dependent mechanism. J Neurosci. 2005;25:4898-907 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that membrane-associated guanylate kinase adaptor proteins can modulate ion channel function; in the case of CMG, this occurs via an increase in the surface expression and phosphorylation of the EAG channel. ..
- Patil S, Bitar K. RhoA- and PKC-alpha-mediated phosphorylation of MYPT and its association with HSP27 in colonic smooth muscle cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2006;290:G83-95 pubmed..Thus both pathways (PKC and RhoA) converge on the regulation of myosin phosphatase activities and modulate sustained phosphorylation of MLC20. ..
- Yen W, Legakis J, Nair U, Klionsky D. Atg27 is required for autophagy-dependent cycling of Atg9. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:581-93 pubmed..These data support a hypothesis that multiple membrane sources supply the lipids needed for autophagosome formation. ..
- He C, Klionsky D. Atg9 trafficking in autophagy-related pathways. Autophagy. 2007;3:271-4 pubmed..Here, we discuss the implications of the model and present additional evidence that extends it with regard to membrane trafficking modes during pexophagy. ..
- Lam A, Tryoen Toth P, Tsai B, Vitale N, Stuenkel E. SNARE-catalyzed fusion events are regulated by Syntaxin1A-lipid interactions. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:485-97 pubmed..Altogether, these data suggest that Syntaxin1A-lipid interactions are a critical determinant of the energetics of SNARE-catalyzed fusion events. ..
- Raghavan M. TAP-inhibitors from old world primate 1-herpesviruses and their use: WO2009008713. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2010;20:277-82 pubmed publisher..However, significant optimization of therapy conditions and characterizations of eligible tumor types will be needed to further develop therapeutic use of TAP inhibitors. ..
- Inaba M, Yuan H, Salzmann V, Fuller M, Yamashita Y. E-cadherin is required for centrosome and spindle orientation in Drosophila male germline stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12473 pubmed publisher..We propose that E-cadherin orchestrates multiple aspects of stem cell behavior, including polarization of stem cells toward the stem cell-niche interface and adhesion of stem cells to the niche supporting cells. ..
- Xu T, Johnson C, Gestwicki J, Kumar A. Conditionally controlling nuclear trafficking in yeast by chemical-induced protein dimerization. Nat Protoc. 2010;5:1831-43 pubmed publisher..Yeast strains for this analysis can be constructed in 1 week, and the technique allows protein mislocalization within 15 min after drug treatment. ..
- Haataja L, Snapp E, Wright J, Liu M, Hardy A, Wheeler M, et al. Proinsulin intermolecular interactions during secretory trafficking in pancreatic ? cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:1896-906 pubmed publisher..However, in the presence of ongoing misfolding of a subpopulation of proinsulin in ? cells, the rate-limiting step in transport of the remaining proinsulin shifts to the ER. ..
- Serezani C, Aronoff D, Jancar S, Peters Golden M. Leukotriene B4 mediates p47phox phosphorylation and membrane translocation in polyunsaturated fatty acid-stimulated neutrophils. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;78:976-84 pubmed..These results identify a heretofore unrecognized role for activation of 5-LO and subsequent production of LTB(4) in stimulation of PMN NADPH oxidase activation by PUFAs. ..
- Frampton J, Guo C, Pierchala B. Expression of axonal protein degradation machinery in sympathetic neurons is regulated by nerve growth factor. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:1533-46 pubmed publisher..In summary, proteasomal degradation occurs locally, whereas proteins degraded by lysosomes can most likely either be degraded locally in axons or be transported to cell bodies for degradation. ..
- Saha A, Kappes F, Mundade A, Deutzmann A, Rosmarin D, Legendre M, et al. Intercellular trafficking of the nuclear oncoprotein DEK. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6847-52 pubmed publisher..These findings thus unify the extracellular and intracellular activities of DEK, and suggest that this paracrine loop involving DEK plays a role in chromatin biology. ..
- Pinskey J, Franks N, McMellen A, Giger R, Allen B. Neuropilin-1 promotes Hedgehog signaling through a novel cytoplasmic motif. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15192-15204 pubmed publisher..These insights have implications for the development of novel modulators of HH-driven developmental disorders and diseases. ..
- Galigniana M, Radanyi C, Renoir J, Housley P, Pratt W. Evidence that the peptidylprolyl isomerase domain of the hsp90-binding immunophilin FKBP52 is involved in both dynein interaction and glucocorticoid receptor movement to the nucleus. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14884-9 pubmed..hsp90 heterocomplexes immunoadsorbed from L cell cytosol contain dynein and that GR.hsp90 heterocomplexes assembled in reticulocyte lysate contain cytoplasmic dynein in a manner that is competed by the PPIase domain of FKBP52. ..
- Worby C, Dixon J. Sorting out the cellular functions of sorting nexins. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2002;3:919-31 pubmed..It will be interesting to determine whether the various sorting nexins have specialized or generalized roles in protein trafficking. ..
- Zhou J, Xu Z. Structural determinants of SecB recognition by SecA in bacterial protein translocation. Nat Struct Biol. 2003;10:942-7 pubmed publisher..It also suggests a model of SecB-SecA interaction and its implication for the mechanism of pre-protein transfer in bacterial protein translocation...
- Johnson L, Furman C, Zhang M, Guptaroy B, Gnegy M. Rapid delivery of the dopamine transporter to the plasmalemmal membrane upon amphetamine stimulation. Neuropharmacology. 2005;49:750-8 pubmed..These studies suggest that AMPH has a biphasic effect on DAT trafficking and acts rapidly to regulate DAT in the plasmalemmal membrane. ..
- Kwok R, Liu X, Smith G. Distribution of co-activators CBP and p300 during mouse oocyte and embryo development. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:885-94 pubmed
- Franchi L, Amer A, Body Malapel M, Kanneganti T, Ozören N, Jagirdar R, et al. Cytosolic flagellin requires Ipaf for activation of caspase-1 and interleukin 1beta in salmonella-infected macrophages. Nat Immunol. 2006;7:576-82 pubmed..Thus, detection of flagellin through Ipaf induces caspase-1 activation independently of Toll-like receptor 5 in salmonella-infected and lipopolysaccharide-tolerized macrophages. ..
- Reggiori F, Shintani T, Nair U, Klionsky D. Atg9 cycles between mitochondria and the pre-autophagosomal structure in yeasts. Autophagy. 2005;1:101-9 pubmed..These data support a new model where mitochondria may provide at least part of the autophagosomal lipids and suggest a novel cellular function for this well-studied organelle. ..
- Liu M, Hodish I, Rhodes C, Arvan P. Proinsulin maturation, misfolding, and proteotoxicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15841-6 pubmed..The data imply that PI misfolding leading to impaired endoplasmic reticulum exit of nonmutant PI may be a key early step in a chain reaction of beta cell dysfunction and demise leading to onset and progression of diabetes. ..
- Perrone L, Peluso G, Melone M. RAGE recycles at the plasma membrane in S100B secretory vesicles and promotes Schwann cells morphological changes. J Cell Physiol. 2008;217:60-71 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified a novel pathway of vesicular trafficking required for the amplification of RAGE signaling and cytoskeleton dynamics that is potentially involved in the regeneration of injured peripheral nerve. ..
- Ikeda H, Kerppola T. Lysosomal localization of ubiquitinated Jun requires multiple determinants in a lysine-27-linked polyubiquitin conjugate. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4588-601 pubmed publisher..Lysosomal localization of the conjugate requires determinants in Jun and in ubiquitin that are recognized in part by TSG101 and HRS, facilitating selective translocation and degradation of ubiquitinated Jun. ..
- Csomos R, Wright C, Galban S, Oetjen K, Duckett C. Two distinct signalling cascades target the NF-kappaB regulatory factor c-IAP1 for degradation. Biochem J. 2009;420:83-91 pubmed publisher..Thus c-IAP1 can be targeted for degradation by two distinct processes, revealing the critical importance of this molecule as a regulator of numerous intracellular signalling cascades. ..
- Abend J, Joseph A, Das D, Campbell Cecen D, Imperiale M. A truncated T antigen expressed from an alternatively spliced BK virus early mRNA. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:1238-45 pubmed publisher..The function of BKV truncTAg is likely to be relevant to transformation, similar to the additional T antigens of simian virus 40, JC virus and mouse polyomavirus. ..
- Lee J, Wang X, Di Jeso B, Arvan P. The cholinesterase-like domain, essential in thyroglobulin trafficking for thyroid hormone synthesis, is required for protein dimerization. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:12752-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, although the ChEL domain provides a nidus for Tg dimerization, interactions of upstream Tg regions with the ChEL domain actively stabilizes the Tg dimer complex for intracellular transport. ..
- Back S, Scheuner D, Han J, Song B, Ribick M, Wang J, et al. Translation attenuation through eIF2alpha phosphorylation prevents oxidative stress and maintains the differentiated state in beta cells. Cell Metab. 2009;10:13-26 pubmed publisher..The finding that increased proinsulin synthesis causes oxidative damage in beta cells may reflect events in the beta cell failure associated with insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Jia L, Yu G, Zhang Y, Wang M. Lysosome-dependent degradation of Notch3. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:2594-8 pubmed publisher..In sum, our experiments demonstrate a critical role for lysosomes in the degradation of Notch3, which distinguishes it from Notch1 and Notch4. ..
- Yen W, Shintani T, Nair U, Cao Y, Richardson B, Li Z, et al. The conserved oligomeric Golgi complex is involved in double-membrane vesicle formation during autophagy. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:101-14 pubmed publisher..In addition, mutations in the COG genes resulted in the mislocalization of Atg8 and Atg9, which are critical components involved in autophagosome formation...
- Dou Z, Carruthers V. Cathepsin proteases in Toxoplasma gondii. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2011;712:49-61 pubmed publisher..here, we review the key features and roles of T. gondii cathepsins and discuss the therapeutic potential for specific inhibitor development. ..
- Yoshida S, Hong S, Suzuki T, Nada S, Mannan A, Wang J, et al. Redox regulates mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) activity by modulating the TSC1/TSC2-Rheb GTPase pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32651-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that the TSC complex plays an important role in redox-sensitive mTORC1 regulation and argues for the activation of mTORC1 in places other than the lysosome upon inhibition of the TSC complex. ..
- Zheng L, Seon Y, Mourão M, Schnell S, Kim D, Harada H, et al. Circadian rhythms regulate amelogenesis. Bone. 2013;55:158-65 pubmed publisher..Changes in clock gene expression patterns might result in significant alterations of enamel apposition and mineralization. ..
- Martinez Pena y Valenzuela I, Pires Oliveira M, Akaaboune M. PKC and PKA regulate AChR dynamics at the neuromuscular junction of living mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81311 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that a balance between PKA and PKC activities may be critical for the maintenance of the postsynaptic receptor density. ..
- Joshi G, Chi Y, Huang Z, Wang Y. A?-induced Golgi fragmentation in Alzheimer's disease enhances A? production. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E1230-9 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates a molecular mechanism for Golgi fragmentation and its effects on amyloid precursor protein trafficking and processing in AD, suggesting Golgi as a potential drug target for AD treatment. ..
- Strømhaug P, Reggiori F, Guan J, Wang C, Klionsky D. Atg21 is a phosphoinositide binding protein required for efficient lipidation and localization of Atg8 during uptake of aminopeptidase I by selective autophagy. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3553-66 pubmed..A similar defect in localization of a second ubiquitin-like conjugate, Atg12-Atg5, suggests that Atg21 may be involved in the recruitment of membrane to the PAS. ..
- Huang J, Espinoza J, Romero R, Petty H. Apparent role of dynein in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase trafficking in neutrophils from pregnant women. Metabolism. 2006;55:279-81 pubmed..On this basis, we conclude that microtubule motor proteins participate in hexose monophosphate shunt enzyme transport within leukocytes. ..
- Correia S, Bassani S, Brown T, Lise M, Backos D, El Husseini A, et al. Motor protein-dependent transport of AMPA receptors into spines during long-term potentiation. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:457-66 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified the specific motor protein and organelle acceptor that catalyze the directional transport of AMPARs into spines during activity-dependent synaptic plasticity. ..
- Schaefer M, Williams M, Kulpa D, Blakely P, Yaffee A, Collins K. A novel trafficking signal within the HLA-C cytoplasmic tail allows regulated expression upon differentiation of macrophages. J Immunol. 2008;180:7804-17 pubmed..We propose that tightly regulated HLA-C surface expression facilitates immune surveillance and allows HLA-C to serve a specialized role in macrophages. ..
- Schaefer M, Wonderlich E, Roeth J, Leonard J, Collins K. HIV-1 Nef targets MHC-I and CD4 for degradation via a final common beta-COP-dependent pathway in T cells. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000131 pubmed publisher..The requirement for redundant motifs with distinct roles supports a model in which Nef exists in multiple conformational states that allow access to different motifs, depending upon which cellular target is bound by Nef. ..
- Xiao J, Chen X, Davies B, Saltiel A, Katzmann D, Xu Z. Structural basis of Ist1 function and Ist1-Did2 interaction in the multivesicular body pathway and cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:3514-24 pubmed publisher..This arrangement indicates a mechanism for intermolecular ESCRT-III subunit association and may also suggest one form of ESCRT-III subunit autoinhibition via intramolecular interaction. ..
- Moore P, Bernardi K, Tsai B. The Ero1alpha-PDI redox cycle regulates retro-translocation of cholera toxin. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1305-13 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that an appropriate Ero1alpha-PDI ratio is critical for regulating the binding-release cycle of CTA1 by PDI during retro-translocation, and implicate PDI's redox state in targeting it to the retro-translocon. ..
- Kee H, Dishinger J, Blasius T, Liu C, Margolis B, Verhey K. A size-exclusion permeability barrier and nucleoporins characterize a ciliary pore complex that regulates transport into cilia. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:431-7 pubmed publisher..Together, this work demonstrates that the physical and molecular nature of the ciliary pore complex is similar to that of the nuclear pore complex, and further extends functional parallels between nuclear and ciliary import. ..
- Bernardi K, Williams J, Inoue T, Schultz A, Tsai B. A deubiquitinase negatively regulates retro-translocation of nonubiquitinated substrates. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3545-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that a cytosolic DUB exerts a negative function during retro-translocation of nonubiquitinated substrates, potentially by acting on elements of the ERAD machinery. ..
- Skinner J, Saltiel A. Cloning and identification of MYPT3: a prenylatable myosin targetting subunit of protein phosphatase 1. Biochem J. 2001;356:257-67 pubmed..Overall, our findings identify a novel prenylatable subunit of PP1 that defines a new subfamily of MYPT. ..
- Shu C, Shen H, Teuscher N, Lorenzi P, Keep R, Smith D. Role of PEPT2 in peptide/mimetic trafficking at the blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier: studies in rat choroid plexus epithelial cells in primary culture. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;301:820-9 pubmed..The results suggest that PEPT2 may have a role in the efflux of peptides and/or mimetics from cerebrospinal fluid to the blood. ..
- Lodhi I, Chiang S, Chang L, Vollenweider D, Watson R, Inoue M, et al. Gapex-5, a Rab31 guanine nucleotide exchange factor that regulates Glut4 trafficking in adipocytes. Cell Metab. 2007;5:59-72 pubmed..Insulin recruits the CIP4/Gapex-5 complex to the plasma membrane, thus reducing Rab31 activity and permitting Glut4 vesicles to translocate to the cell surface, where Glut4 docks and fuses to transport glucose into the cell. ..
- Cheong H, Klionsky D. Dual role of Atg1 in regulation of autophagy-specific PAS assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Autophagy. 2008;4:724-6 pubmed..In contrast, Atg1 kinase activity is needed for dissociation of Atg proteins from the PAS during autophagy inducing conditions, a function which is also critical for autophagy activity. ..
- Williams A, Ehm S, Jacobson N, Xu D, Hay J. rsly1 binding to syntaxin 5 is required for endoplasmic reticulum-to-Golgi transport but does not promote SNARE motif accessibility. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:162-75 pubmed..Our results argue that although rsly1 does not seem to regulate the availability of syntaxin 5, its function is intimately associated with syntaxin binding, perhaps promoting a later step in SNARE complex formation or function. ..
- Bernardi K, Forster M, Lencer W, Tsai B. Derlin-1 facilitates the retro-translocation of cholera toxin. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:877-84 pubmed..CTB may play a role in this process by targeting the holotoxin to Derlin-1, enabling the Derlin-1-bound PDI to unfold the A1 subunit and prepare it for transport. ..
- Yu J, Chung K, Deo M, Thompson R, Turner D. MicroRNA miR-124 regulates neurite outgrowth during neuronal differentiation. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:2618-33 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-124 contributes to the control of neurite outgrowth during neuronal differentiation, possibly by regulation of the cytoskeleton. ..
- Abazeed M, Fuller R. Yeast Golgi-localized, gamma-Ear-containing, ADP-ribosylation factor-binding proteins are but adaptor protein-1 is not required for cell-free transport of membrane proteins from the trans-Golgi network to the prevacuolar compartment. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4826-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that yeast Ggas facilitate the specific and direct delivery of Vps10p and Kex2p from the TGN to the PVC and that AP-1 modulates Kex2p trafficking through a distinct pathway, presumably involving the early endosome. ..
- Jin S, Arno N, Cohen A, Shah A, Xu Q, Chen N, et al. In Caenorhabditis elegans, the RNA-binding domains of the cytoplasmic polyadenylation element binding protein FOG-1 are needed to regulate germ cell fates. Genetics. 2001;159:1617-30 pubmed..On the basis of these data, we propose that FOG-1 binds RNA to regulate germ cell fates and that it does so by controlling the translation of its targets. One of these targets might be the fog-1 transcript itself. ..
- Reggiori F, Tucker K, Stromhaug P, Klionsky D. The Atg1-Atg13 complex regulates Atg9 and Atg23 retrieval transport from the pre-autophagosomal structure. Dev Cell. 2004;6:79-90 pubmed..We postulate that Atg9 employs a recycling system mechanistically similar to that used at yeast early and late endosomes. ..
- Gerges N, Tran I, Backos D, Harrell J, Chinkers M, Pratt W, et al. Independent functions of hsp90 in neurotransmitter release and in the continuous synaptic cycling of AMPA receptors. J Neurosci. 2004;24:4758-66 pubmed..These results demonstrate new roles for hsp90 in synaptic function by controlling neurotransmitter release and, independently, by mediating the continuous cycling of synaptic AMPA receptors. ..
- Rutkowski D, Kang S, Goodman A, Garrison J, Taunton J, Katze M, et al. The role of p58IPK in protecting the stressed endoplasmic reticulum. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3681-91 pubmed..These results identify a previously unanticipated location for p58(IPK) in the ER lumen where its putative function as a cochaperone explains the stress-sensitivity phenotype of knockout cells and mice. ..
- Cheong H, Nair U, Geng J, Klionsky D. The Atg1 kinase complex is involved in the regulation of protein recruitment to initiate sequestering vesicle formation for nonspecific autophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:668-81 pubmed
- Davis J, Wen H, Edwards T, Metzger J. Allele and species dependent contractile defects by restrictive and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy-linked troponin I mutants. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;44:891-904 pubmed publisher..The species dependent results in particular raise important issues toward elucidating a unifying mechanistic pathway underlying the inherited cardiomyopathies...
- Han S, Lone M, Schneiter R, Chang A. Orm1 and Orm2 are conserved endoplasmic reticulum membrane proteins regulating lipid homeostasis and protein quality control. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5851-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the yeast Orm proteins control membrane biogenesis by coordinating lipid homeostasis with protein quality control. ..
- Heng M, Duong D, Albin R, Tallaksen Greene S, Hunter J, LESORT M, et al. Early autophagic response in a novel knock-in model of Huntington disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3702-20 pubmed publisher..Early and sustained expression of autophagy-related proteins in this genetically precise mouse model of HD suggests that the alteration of autophagic flux is an important and early component of the neuronal response to mhtt. ..
- Swann S, Williams M, Story C, Bobbitt K, Fleis R, Collins K. HIV-1 Nef blocks transport of MHC class I molecules to the cell surface via a PI 3-kinase-dependent pathway. Virology. 2001;282:267-77 pubmed..We propose that Nef diverts MHC-1 proteins into a PI 3-kinase-dependent transport pathway that prevents expression on the cell surface. ..
- Kalikin L, Bugeaud E, Palmbos P, Lyons R, Petty E. Genomic characterization of human SEC14L1 splice variants within a 17q25 candidate tumor suppressor gene region and identification of an unrelated embedded expressed sequence tag. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:925-9 pubmed..Coding exon-specific PCR primers were designed to aid in future expression and mutational analyses. ..
- Chang L, Adams R, Saltiel A. The TC10-interacting protein CIP4/2 is required for insulin-stimulated Glut4 translocation in 3T3L1 adipocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12835-40 pubmed..These data suggest that CIP4/2 may play an important role in insulin-stimulated glucose transport as a downstream effector of TC10. ..
- Galigniana M, Harrell J, Murphy P, Chinkers M, Radanyi C, Renoir J, et al. Binding of hsp90-associated immunophilins to cytoplasmic dynein: direct binding and in vivo evidence that the peptidylprolyl isomerase domain is a dynein interaction domain. Biochemistry. 2002;41:13602-10 pubmed..We conclude that the PPIase domains of the hsp90-binding immunophilins interact directly with cytoplasmic dynein and that this interaction with the motor protein is responsible for the microtubular localization of PP5 in vivo. ..
- Leinninger G, Backus C, Uhler M, Lentz S, Feldman E. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and Akt effectors mediate insulin-like growth factor-I neuroprotection in dorsal root ganglia neurons. FASEB J. 2004;18:1544-6 pubmed..These data suggest that IGF-I prevents apoptosis in DRG neurons by regulating PI3K/Akt pathway effectors, including GSK-3beta, CREB, and FKHR, and by blocking caspase activation. ..
- Blasius T, Cai D, Jih G, Toret C, Verhey K. Two binding partners cooperate to activate the molecular motor Kinesin-1. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:11-7 pubmed..We show that binding of JIP1 and FEZ1 to Kinesin-1 is sufficient to activate the motor for MT binding and motility. These results provide the first demonstration of the activation of a MT-based motor by cellular binding partners. ..
- Furman C, Lo C, Stokes S, Esteban J, Gnegy M. Rab 11 regulates constitutive dopamine transporter trafficking and function in N2A neuroblastoma cells. Neurosci Lett. 2009;463:78-81 pubmed publisher..These data show for the first time a functional role of Rab proteins in the constitutive recycling of DAT to the plasma membrane. ..
- He H, Tan M, Pamarthy D, Wang G, Ahmed K, Sun Y. CK2 phosphorylation of SAG at Thr10 regulates SAG stability, but not its E3 ligase activity. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;295:179-88 pubmed..These studies suggested that CK2 might regulate SAG-SCF E3 ligase activity through modulating SAG's stability, rather than its enzymatic activity directly. ..
- Guo Y, Clark S. Membrane distributions of two ligand-binding receptor complexes in the CLAVATA pathway. Plant Signal Behav. 2010;5:1442-5 pubmed publisher..All tested proteins measurably accumulate at the plasma membrane. While CLV1 primarily co-localizes with a plasma membrane marker, CLV2 shows greater co-localization with an endoplasmic reticulum (ER) marker. ..
- Reka A, Kurapati H, Narala V, Bommer G, Chen J, Standiford T, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma activation inhibits tumor metastasis by antagonizing Smad3-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:3221-32 pubmed publisher..Together, with the low toxicity profile of PPAR-? ligands, our data show that these ligands may serve as potential therapeutic agents to inhibit metastasis. ..
- Moore P, He K, Tsai B. Establishment of an in vitro transport assay that reveals mechanistic differences in cytosolic events controlling cholera toxin and T-cell receptor ? retro-translocation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75801 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal mechanistic insights into cytosolic events controlling CTA1 and TCR? retro-translocation, and provide a reliable tool to further probe this process. ..
- Hu C, Chinenov Y, Kerppola T. Visualization of interactions among bZIP and Rel family proteins in living cells using bimolecular fluorescence complementation. Mol Cell. 2002;9:789-98 pubmed..These results attest to the general applicability of the BiFC assay for studies of protein interactions. ..
- Cunningham M, Pipe S, Zhang B, Hauri H, Ginsburg D, Kaufman R. LMAN1 is a molecular chaperone for the secretion of coagulation factor VIII. J Thromb Haemost. 2003;1:2360-7 pubmed..These results are interpreted based on the recent determination of the crystal structure of the carbohydrate recognition domain of LMAN1. ..
- Liu Z, Wu J, Yu X. CCDC98 targets BRCA1 to DNA damage sites. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:716-20 pubmed..Together, our results demonstrate that CCDC98 is a BRCA1 binding partner that mediates BRCA1 function in response to DNA damage. ..
- Menon T, Yates J, Bochar D. Regulation of androgen-responsive transcription by the chromatin remodeling factor CHD8. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:1165-74 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we present evidence of a functional role for CHD8 in AR-mediated transcriptional regulation of target genes. ..
- Xiong X, Wang X, Ewanek R, Bhat P, DiAntonio A, Collins C. Protein turnover of the Wallenda/DLK kinase regulates a retrograde response to axonal injury. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:211-23 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the regulation of Wnd protein turnover by Hiw can function as a damage surveillance mechanism for responding to axonal injury. ..
- Wonderlich E, Leonard J, Kulpa D, Leopold K, Norman J, Collins K. ADP ribosylation factor 1 activity is required to recruit AP-1 to the major histocompatibility complex class I (MHC-I) cytoplasmic tail and disrupt MHC-I trafficking in HIV-1-infected primary T cells. J Virol. 2011;85:12216-26 pubmed publisher..These data support a model in which Nef and ARF-1 stabilize an interaction between MHC-I and AP-1 to disrupt the presentation of HIV-1 epitopes to CTLs. ..
- Doche M, Bochukova E, Su H, Pearce L, Keogh J, Henning E, et al. Human SH2B1 mutations are associated with maladaptive behaviors and obesity. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:4732-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SH2B1 plays a critical role in the control of human food intake and body weight and is implicated in maladaptive human behavior. ..
- Park J, Chen Y, Tishkoff D, Peng C, Tan M, Dai L, et al. SIRT5-mediated lysine desuccinylation impacts diverse metabolic pathways. Mol Cell. 2013;50:919-30 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal widespread roles for lysine succinylation in regulating metabolism and potentially other cellular functions. ..
- Anantharam A, Bittner M, Aikman R, Stuenkel E, Schmid S, Axelrod D, et al. A new role for the dynamin GTPase in the regulation of fusion pore expansion. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1907-18 pubmed publisher..These findings expand the membrane-sculpting repertoire of dynamin to include the regulation of immediate postfusion events in exocytosis that control the rate of release of soluble granule contents...
- Kapuria V, Levitzki A, Bornmann W, Maxwell D, Priebe W, Sorenson R, et al. A novel small molecule deubiquitinase inhibitor blocks Jak2 signaling through Jak2 ubiquitination. Cell Signal. 2011;23:2076-85 pubmed publisher..We conclude that chemical modification of AG490 resulted in development of a DUB inhibitor with activity against a DUB capable of modulating Jak2 ubiquitination, trafficking and signal transduction. ..
- Todt J, Hu B, Punturieri A, Sonstein J, Polak T, Curtis J. Activation of protein kinase C beta II by the stereo-specific phosphatidylserine receptor is required for phagocytosis of apoptotic thymocytes by resident murine tissue macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35906-14 pubmed
- Bruneau E, Macpherson P, Goldman D, Hume R, Akaaboune M. The effect of agrin and laminin on acetylcholine receptor dynamics in vitro. Dev Biol. 2005;288:248-58 pubmed
- Thomas M, Harrell J, Morishima Y, Peng H, Pratt W, Lieberman A. Pharmacologic and genetic inhibition of hsp90-dependent trafficking reduces aggregation and promotes degradation of the expanded glutamine androgen receptor without stress protein induction. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:1876-83 pubmed
- Reed N, Cai D, Blasius T, Jih G, Meyhofer E, Gaertig J, et al. Microtubule acetylation promotes kinesin-1 binding and transport. Curr Biol. 2006;16:2166-72 pubmed..These results suggest that microtubule PTMs are important markers of distinct microtubule populations and that they act to control motor-protein trafficking...
- Gladycheva S, Lam A, Liu J, D Andrea Merrins M, Yizhar O, Lentz S, et al. Receptor-mediated regulation of tomosyn-syntaxin 1A interactions in bovine adrenal chromaffin cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:22887-99 pubmed..Thus, modulation of the tomosyn-syntaxin 1A interaction in response to secretagogue activation is an important mechanism allowing for dynamic regulation of the secretory response. ..
- Xu B, Yang W, Gerin I, Hu C, Hammer G, Koenig R. Dax-1 and steroid receptor RNA activator (SRA) function as transcriptional coactivators for steroidogenic factor 1 in steroidogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:1719-34 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal novel functions of SRA and Dax-1 in steroidogenesis and adrenal biology. ..