Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Detroit, Michigan, United States
Locale: Detroit, Michigan, United States
Publications165 found, 100 shown here
- Shiratsuchi H, Kouatli Y, Yu G, Marsh H, Basson M. Propofol inhibits pressure-stimulated macrophage phagocytosis via the GABAA receptor and dysregulation of p130cas phosphorylation. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;296:C1400-10 pubmed publisher..p130cas may be an important target for modulation of macrophage function in anesthetized patients. ..
- Singareddy R, Semaan L, Conley LaComb M, St John J, Powell K, Iyer M, et al. Transcriptional regulation of CXCR4 in prostate cancer: significance of TMPRSS2-ERG fusions. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:1349-61 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a mechanistic link between TMPRSS2-ERG translocations and intracellular kinase-mediated phosphorylation of ERG on enhanced metastasis of tumor cells via CXCR4 expression and function in prostate cancer cells. ..
- Wang J, Riedel H. Insulin-like growth factor-I receptor and insulin receptor association with a Src homology-2 domain-containing putative adapter. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:3136-9 pubmed..IR and IGF-IR Tyr phosphorylation motifs were not identified in the complete SH2-B primary structure, suggesting that it may participate as an adapter rather than a substrate in the IGF-I and insulin signaling pathways. ..
- Zhao M, Rua D, Hajra A, Greenberg M. Enzymatic synthesis of [3H]Cytidine 5'-diphospho-1, 2-diacyl-sn-glycerol. Anal Biochem. 1998;258:48-52 pubmed..This procedure is considerably less labor intensive and less expensive than is chemical synthesis, and the yield is at least 30%. ..
- Feng Y, Davis N. Akr1p and the type I casein kinases act prior to the ubiquitination step of yeast endocytosis: Akr1p is required for kinase localization to the plasma membrane. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5350-9 pubmed
- Sigoillot F, Berkowski J, Sigoillot S, Kotsis D, Guy H. Cell cycle-dependent regulation of pyrimidine biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3403-9 pubmed..Thus, the cell cycle-dependent regulation of pyrimidine biosynthesis results from the sequential phosphorylation and dephosphorylation of CAD under the control of two important signaling cascades. ..
- Ghosh J. Inhibition of arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase triggers prostate cancer cell death through rapid activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;307:342-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that the metabolites of arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase promote survival of prostate cancer cells involving down-regulation of stress-activated protein kinase. ..
- Clifford D, Marinco S, Brush G. The meiosis-specific protein kinase Ime2 directs phosphorylation of replication protein A. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6163-70 pubmed..Our studies have identified a novel meiosis-specific reaction that targets a key protein required for DNA replication, repair, and recombination. This pathway could be important in differentiating mitotic and meiotic DNA metabolism. ..
- Xu H, Yu Y, Marciniak D, Rishi A, Sarkar F, Kucuk O, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-related protein inhibits multiple members of the EGFR family in colon and breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2005;4:435-42 pubmed..Our results suggest that ERRP is an effective pan-erbB inhibitor and, thus, may be a potential therapeutic agent for a wide variety of epithelial cancers expressing different levels and subclasses of EGFRs. ..
- Li X, Carretero O, Zhuo J. Cross-talk between angiotensin II and glucagon receptor signaling mediates phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinases ERK 1/2 in rat glomerular mesangial cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006;71:1711-9 pubmed..The inhibitory effect of PD 123319 on glucagon-induced ERK 1/2 phosphorylation further suggests that AT2 receptors also play a similar role in this response. ..
- Lu W, Finnis S, Xiang C, Lee H, Markowitz Y, Okhrimenko H, et al. Tyrosine 311 is phosphorylated by c-Abl and promotes the apoptotic effect of PKCdelta in glioma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:431-6 pubmed..These results suggest an important role of tyrosine 311 in the apoptotic function of PKCdelta and implicate c-Abl as the kinase that phosphorylates this tyrosine. ..
- Sosne G, Qiu P, Christopherson P, Wheater M. Thymosin beta 4 suppression of corneal NFkappaB: a potential anti-inflammatory pathway. Exp Eye Res. 2007;84:663-9 pubmed..These results have important clinical implications for the potential role of Tbeta4 as a corneal anti-inflammatory agent. ..
- Karwowska Desaulniers P, Ketko A, Kamath N, Pflum M. Histone deacetylase 1 phosphorylation at S421 and S423 is constitutive in vivo, but dispensable in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;361:349-55 pubmed..Taken together, the data are consistent with constitutive phosphorylation of HDAC1 at S421 and S423 in vivo, which is dispensable for activity in vitro. ..
- Hou J, Chong Z, Shang Y, Maiese K. FOXO3a governs early and late apoptotic endothelial programs during elevated glucose through mitochondrial and caspase signaling. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;321:194-206 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies Akt1, FoxO3a and closely aligned pathways as key therapeutic targets during impaired glucose tolerance and DM. ..
- Thakur A, Lum L, Schalk D, Azmi A, Banerjee S, Sarkar F, et al. Pan-Bcl-2 inhibitor AT-101 enhances tumor cell killing by EGFR targeted T cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47520 pubmed publisher..Our results verify enhanced cytotoxicity after a novel chemotherapy conditioning strategy against PC that warrants further in vivo and clinical investigations. ..
- Zhou J, Chen Z, Malysa A, Li X, Oliveira P, Zhang Y, et al. A kinome screen identifies checkpoint kinase 1 (CHK1) as a sensitizer for RRM1-dependent gemcitabine efficacy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58091 pubmed publisher..We also conclude that CHK1 inhibition in tumors with low RRM1 levels may be detrimental to gemcitabine efficacy. ..
- Sanderson T, Mahapatra G, Pecina P, Ji Q, Yu K, Sinkler C, et al. Cytochrome C is tyrosine 97 phosphorylated by neuroprotective insulin treatment. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78627 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a mechanism whereby Cytc is targeted for phosphorylation by insulin signaling, which may prevent its release from the mitochondria and the induction of apoptosis. ..
- Susick L, Chrumka A, Hool S, Conti A. Dysregulation of TrkB phosphorylation and proBDNF protein in adenylyl cyclase 1 and 8 knockout mice in a model of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. Alcohol. 2016;51:25-35 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate dysregulation of a potential survival pathway in the AC1/8 knockout mice following early-life ethanol exposure. ..
- Srinivas P, Wagner A, Reddy L, Deutsch D, Leon M, Goustin A, et al. Serum alpha 2-HS-glycoprotein is an inhibitor of the human insulin receptor at the tyrosine kinase level. Mol Endocrinol. 1993;7:1445-55 pubmed..Our results allow us to assign a biochemical function for human alpha 2HSG, namely regulation of insulin action at the IR-TK level. ..
- Kamberov E, Atkinson M, Chandran P, Ninfa A. Effect of mutations in Escherichia coli glnL (ntrB), encoding nitrogen regulator II (NRII or NtrB), on the phosphatase activity involved in bacterial nitrogen regulation. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:28294-9 pubmed..Thus, while the kinase and phosphatase activities of NRII could be genetically separated, some of the highly conserved residues in the C-terminal domain of NRII (Asp-287, Gly-289, Gly-291) are apparently important for both activities. ..
- Balsamo J, Leung T, Ernst H, Zanin M, Hoffman S, Lilien J. Regulated binding of PTP1B-like phosphatase to N-cadherin: control of cadherin-mediated adhesion by dephosphorylation of beta-catenin. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:801-13 pubmed..In this manner the GalNAcPTase-proteoglycan interaction may play a major role in morphogenetic cell and tissue interactions during development. ..
- Tisdale E. Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is phosphorylated by protein kinase Ciota /lambda and plays a role in microtubule dynamics in the early secretory pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3334-41 pubmed..These combined results suggest that Rab2 stimulated PKCiota/lambda and GAPDH recruitment to VTCs, and the subsequent PKCiota/lambda phosphorylation of GAPDH ultimately influences MT dynamics in the early secretory pathway. ..
- Sbrissa D, Ikonomov O, Strakova J, Dondapati R, Mlak K, Deeb R, et al. A mammalian ortholog of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Vac14 that associates with and up-regulates PIKfyve phosphoinositide 5-kinase activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10437-47 pubmed..These data demonstrate a major role of the PIKfyve-associated hVac14 protein in activating PIKfyve and thereby regulating PtdIns(3,5)P(2) synthesis and endomembrane homeostasis in mammalian cells. ..
- Chong Z, Lin S, Li F, Maiese K. The sirtuin inhibitor nicotinamide enhances neuronal cell survival during acute anoxic injury through AKT, BAD, PARP, and mitochondrial associated "anti-apoptotic" pathways. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2005;2:271-85 pubmed
- Clifford D, Stark K, Gardner K, Hoffmann Benning S, Brush G. Mechanistic insight into the Cdc28-related protein kinase Ime2 through analysis of replication protein A phosphorylation. Cell Cycle. 2005;4:1826-33 pubmed..Therefore, the mechanism underlying Ime2 substrate recognition could differ from that of Cdc28. ..
- Tisdale E, Artalejo C. Src-dependent aprotein kinase C iota/lambda (aPKCiota/lambda) tyrosine phosphorylation is required for aPKCiota/lambda association with Rab2 and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase on pre-golgi intermediates. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:8436-42 pubmed
- Xu K, Yin J, Yu F. Lysophosphatidic acid promoting corneal epithelial wound healing by transactivation of epidermal growth factor receptor. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:636-43 pubmed
- Xie Y, Zhong W, Wang Y, Trostinskaia A, Wang F, Puscheck E, et al. Using hyperosmolar stress to measure biologic and stress-activated protein kinase responses in preimplantation embryos. Mol Hum Reprod. 2007;13:473-81 pubmed..The remarkable resistance of embryos to high concentrations of sorbitol suggests that part of its homeostatic response is different from that of somatic cells. ..
- Nahhas F, Dryden S, Abrams J, Tainsky M. Mutations in SIRT2 deacetylase which regulate enzymatic activity but not its interaction with HDAC6 and tubulin. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;303:221-30 pubmed..Replacements of other serine, threonine, and tyrosine residues, which did not alter the phosphorylation pattern, had varying effects on SIRT2 deacetylase activity but no effect on tubulin/HDAC6 binding. ..
- Ju D, Xu H, Wang X, Xie Y. Ubiquitin-mediated degradation of Rpn4 is controlled by a phosphorylation-dependent ubiquitylation signal. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1773:1672-80 pubmed..This study also suggests that binding to E3 may be only a part of the function of a ubiquitylation signal. ..
- Li X, Liao T, Zhuo J. Long-term hyperglucagonaemia induces early metabolic and renal phenotypes of Type 2 diabetes in mice. Clin Sci (Lond). 2008;114:591-601 pubmed..This supports the idea that glucagon receptor blockade may be beneficial in treating insulin resistance and Type 2 diabetic renal complications. ..
- Gayer C, Chaturvedi L, Wang S, Alston B, Flanigan T, Basson M. Delineating the signals by which repetitive deformation stimulates intestinal epithelial migration across fibronectin. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;296:G876-85 pubmed publisher..Thus strain stimulates intestinal epithelial migration across fibronectin by a complex pathway including Src, FAK, Rac1, PI3K, AKT, GSK, ERK, p38, myosin light chain, and myosin II. ..
- Samavati L, Rastogi R, Du W, Huttemann M, Fite A, Franchi L. STAT3 tyrosine phosphorylation is critical for interleukin 1 beta and interleukin-6 production in response to lipopolysaccharide and live bacteria. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:1867-77 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the complex role of STAT3 in cytokine production and the key role of STAT3 tyrosine phosphorylation in IL-1beta and IL-6 production in response to inflammation. ..
- Sanderson T, Deogracias M, Nangia K, Wang J, Krause G, Kumar R. PKR-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase (PERK) activation following brain ischemia is independent of unfolded nascent proteins. Neuroscience. 2010;169:1307-14 pubmed publisher..These data strongly argue that PERK activation is independent of the large increase in unfolded nascent proteins within the ER following transient global brain ischemia. ..
- Syed I, Kyathanahalli C, Jayaram B, Govind S, Rhodes C, Kowluru R, et al. Increased phagocyte-like NADPH oxidase and ROS generation in type 2 diabetic ZDF rat and human islets: role of Rac1-JNK1/2 signaling pathway in mitochondrial dysregulation in the diabetic islet. Diabetes. 2011;60:2843-52 pubmed publisher..We provide the first in vitro and in vivo evidence in support of an accelerated Rac1-Nox-ROS-JNK1/2 signaling pathway in the islet ?-cell leading to the onset of mitochondrial dysregulation in diabetes. ..
- Santra M, Chopp M, Zhang Z, Lu M, Santra S, Nalani A, et al. Thymosin ? 4 mediates oligodendrocyte differentiation by upregulating p38 MAPK. Glia. 2012;60:1826-38 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that T?4 treatment induces OL differentiation by inducing p38MAPK with parallel inactivation of ERK1 and JNK1, thus preventing the accumulation of phosphorylated c-Jun. ..
- Mohammed A, Syeda K, Hadden T, Kowluru A. Upregulation of phagocyte-like NADPH oxidase by cytokines in pancreatic beta-cells: attenuation of oxidative and nitrosative stress by 2-bromopalmitate. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;85:109-14 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings identify palmitoyltransferase as a target for inhibition of cytomix-induced oxidative (ROS generation) and nitrosative (NO generation) stress in the pancreatic ?-cell. ..
- Yang H, Cooley D, Legakis J, Ge Q, Andrade R, Mattingly R. Phosphorylation of the Ras-GRF1 exchange factor at Ser916/898 reveals activation of Ras signaling in the cerebral cortex. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13278-85 pubmed..In the prefrontal cortex, there was striking phosphorylation of Ras-GRF1 in the dendritic tree, supporting a role for Ras activation and signal transduction in neurotransmission in this area. ..
- Schmidt M, Chen B, Randazzo L, Bogler O. SETA/CIN85/Ruk and its binding partner AIP1 associate with diverse cytoskeletal elements, including FAKs, and modulate cell adhesion. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:2845-55 pubmed
- Kowluru A. Defective protein histidine phosphorylation in islets from the Goto-Kakizaki diabetic rat. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2003;285:E498-503 pubmed..On the basis of these observations, we propose that alterations in protein histidine phosphorylation could contribute toward insulin-secretory abnormalities demonstrable in the diabetic islet. ..
- Moore H, Silver R, Mottillo E, Bernlohr D, Granneman J. Perilipin targets a novel pool of lipid droplets for lipolytic attack by hormone-sensitive lipase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:43109-20 pubmed..These results indicate that in white adipose tissue, lipolysis takes place in a specialized subcellular domain that is distinct from the major lipid storage site and is defined by perilipin. ..
- Taube M, Liu X, Fridman R, Kim H. TIMP-1 regulation of cell cycle in human breast epithelial cells via stabilization of p27(KIP1) protein. Oncogene. 2006;25:3041-8 pubmed
- Gomel R, Xiang C, Finniss S, Lee H, Lu W, Okhrimenko H, et al. The localization of protein kinase Cdelta in different subcellular sites affects its proapoptotic and antiapoptotic functions and the activation of distinct downstream signaling pathways. Mol Cancer Res. 2007;5:627-39 pubmed..Our results indicate that the subcellular localization of PKCdelta plays important roles in its proapoptotic and antiapoptotic functions and in the activation of downstream signaling pathways. ..
- Mottillo E, Shen X, Granneman J. beta3-adrenergic receptor induction of adipocyte inflammation requires lipolytic activation of stress kinases p38 and JNK. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1801:1048-55 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that FFAs liberated by HSL activate p38 and JNK, and p38 mediates pro-inflammatory cytokine expression in adipose tissue. ..
- Ares G, Haque M, Delpire E, Ortiz P. Hyperphosphorylation of Na-K-2Cl cotransporter in thick ascending limbs of Dahl salt-sensitive rats. Hypertension. 2012;60:1464-70 pubmed publisher..These differences in NKCC2 may be, in part, responsible for higher NKCC2 activity and abnormally enhanced thick ascending limb NaCl reabsorption in DSS rats. ..
- Sun D, Haddad R, Kraniak J, Horne S, Tainsky M. RAS/MEK-independent gene expression reveals BMP2-related malignant phenotypes in the Nf1-deficient MPNST. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:616-27 pubmed publisher..The pathway-specific gene changes provide a greater understanding of the complex role of neurofibromin in MPNST pathology and novel targets for drug discovery. ..
- Kho D, Zhang T, Balan V, Wang Y, Ha S, Xie Y, et al. Autocrine motility factor modulates EGF-mediated invasion signaling. Cancer Res. 2014;74:2229-37 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings show how AMF modulates EGF-induced invasion while affecting acquired resistance to cytotoxic drugs in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Kekulandara D, Nagi S, Seo H, Chow C, Ahn Y. Redox-Inactive Peptide Disrupting Trx1-Ask1 Interaction for Selective Activation of Stress Signaling. Biochemistry. 2018;57:772-780 pubmed publisher..Overall, 2GTP1 will serve as a useful probe for investigating protein interactions of Trx1. ..
- Zhong W, Xie Y, Abdallah M, Awonuga A, Slater J, Sipahi L, et al. Cellular stress causes reversible, PRKAA1/2-, and proteasome-dependent ID2 protein loss in trophoblast stem cells. Reproduction. 2010;140:921-30 pubmed publisher..This supports the interpretation that enzyme-mediated increases in differentiation may compensate when insufficient numbers of stem cells accumulate. ..
- Brush G, Najor N, Dombkowski A, Cukovic D, Sawarynski K. Yeast IME2 functions early in meiosis upstream of cell cycle-regulated SBF and MBF targets. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31575 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ime2 may functionally resemble Cln3/Cdk1 in promoting S phase entry, or it could play a role even further upstream in the corresponding meiotic cascade. ..
- Rastogi R, Jiang Z, Ahmad N, Rosati R, Liu Y, Beuret L, et al. Rapamycin induces mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase phosphatase-1 (MKP-1) expression through activation of protein kinase B and mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase pathways. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:33966-77 pubmed publisher..Importantly, rapamycin pretreatment inhibited LPS-mediated p38 activation and decreased nitric oxide and IL-6 production. Our work provides a conceptual framework for the observed immune modulatory effect of mTOR inhibition. ..
- Mazurek N, Conklin J, Byrd J, Raz A, Bresalier R. Phosphorylation of the beta-galactoside-binding protein galectin-3 modulates binding to its ligands. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:36311-5 pubmed
- Huttemann M, Lee I, Perkins G, Britton S, Koch L, Malek M. (-)-Epicatechin is associated with increased angiogenic and mitochondrial signalling in the hindlimb of rats selectively bred for innate low running capacity. Clin Sci (Lond). 2013;124:663-74 pubmed publisher..Clinically, the use of this natural compound may have potential application in populations that experience muscle fatigue and are unable to perform endurance exercise. ..
- Tisdale E. Rab2 interacts directly with atypical protein kinase C (aPKC) iota/lambda and inhibits aPKCiota/lambda-dependent glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52524-30 pubmed..These results suggest that a downstream effector recruited to the VTC stimulates PKCiota/lambda-mediated GAPDH phosphorylation by alleviating the inhibition imposed by Rab2-PKCiota/lambda interaction. ..
- Jiang W, Xiang C, Cazacu S, Brodie C, Mikkelsen T. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 7 mediates glioma cell growth and migration. Neoplasia. 2008;10:1335-42 pubmed..These two factors together suggest that IGFBP-7 can regulate glioma cell migration through the AKT-ERK pathway, thereby playing an important role in glioma growth and migration. ..
- Bryant C, Kumar S, Chamala S, Shah J, Pal J, Haider M, et al. Sulforaphane induces cell cycle arrest by protecting RB-E2F-1 complex in epithelial ovarian cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:47 pubmed publisher..SFN induces growth arrest and apoptosis in EOC cells. Inhibition of retinoblastoma (RB) phosphorylation and reduction in levels of free E2F-1 appear to play an important role in EOC growth arrest. ..
- Ustach C, Huang W, Conley LaComb M, Lin C, Che M, Abrams J, et al. A novel signaling axis of matriptase/PDGF-D/ß-PDGFR in human prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9631-40 pubmed publisher..This study unveiled a novel signaling axis of matriptase/PDGF-D/?-PDGFR in PCa, providing new insights into functional interplay between serine protease and growth factor signaling networks. ..
- Menard R, Mattingly R. Gbetagamma subunits stimulate p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1) through activation of PI3-kinase and Akt but act independently of Rac1/Cdc42. FEBS Lett. 2004;556:187-92 pubmed..These results reveal that stimulation of PAK1 by Gbetagamma can occur via a PI3-kinase and Akt pathway that does not require Rac1 or Cdc42. ..
- Kumar S, Bryant C, Chamala S, Qazi A, Seward S, Pal J, et al. Ritonavir blocks AKT signaling, activates apoptosis and inhibits migration and invasion in ovarian cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2009;8:26 pubmed publisher..This would reduce risks, limit the costs and decrease the time needed to bring the drug from bench to bedside. ..
- McFarland T, Sleiman N, Yaeger D, Cala S. The cytosolic protein kinase CK2 phosphorylates cardiac calsequestrin in intact cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;353:81-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest CK2 can phosphorylate CSQ2 co-translationally at biosynthetic sites in rough ER, a process that may result in changes in its subsequent trafficking through the secretory pathway. ..
- Harris V, Bendre S, Gonzalez De Los Santos F, Fite A, El Yaman El Dandachli A, Kurenbekova L, et al. GnRH increases glucose transporter-1 expression and stimulates glucose uptake in the gonadotroph. J Endocrinol. 2012;212:139-47 pubmed publisher..Therefore, regulation of glucose metabolism by GnRH via changes in Gluts expression and subcellular location in the pituitary gonadotroph reveals a novel response of the gonadotroph to GnRH. ..
- Massey K, Li Q, Rossi N, Mattingly R, Yingst D. Angiotensin II-dependent phosphorylation at Ser11/Ser18 and Ser938 shifts the E2 conformations of rat kidney Na+/K+-ATPase. Biochem J. 2012;443:249-58 pubmed publisher..Ang II increased the initial rate and slowed the second phase in ?-1.wild-type, but not ?-1.S938A, cells. Thus Ang II changes the conformation of two forms of EP2 via differential phosphorylation. ..
- Sigoillot F, Evans D, Guy H. Growth-dependent regulation of mammalian pyrimidine biosynthesis by the protein kinase A and MAPK signaling cascades. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15745-51 pubmed..A scheme is proposed that could account for growth-dependent regulation of pyrimidine biosynthesis based on the sequential action of MAPK and PKA on the carbamoyl phosphate synthetase activity of CAD. ..
- Ho Y, Xiong Y, Ma W, Spector A, Ho D. Mice lacking catalase develop normally but show differential sensitivity to oxidant tissue injury. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32804-12 pubmed..These studies suggest that the role of catalase in antioxidant defense is dependent on the type of tissue and the model of oxidant-mediated tissue injury. ..
- Katakowski M, Jiang F, Zheng X, Gutierrez J, Szalad A, Chopp M. Tumorigenicity of cortical astrocyte cell line induced by the protease ADAM17. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1597-604 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that unregulated ADAM17 activity induces functional changes in astrocytes that significantly advance the malignant phenotype. ..
- Datta N, Samra T, Mahalingam C, Datta T, Abou Samra A. Role of PTH1R internalization in osteoblasts and bone mass using a phosphorylation-deficient knock-in mouse model. J Endocrinol. 2010;207:355-65 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that adaptive responses of intracellular signaling pathways in the pd mice may be important for maintaining bone homeostasis. ..
- Sigoillot F, Sigoillot S, Guy H. Breakdown of the regulatory control of pyrimidine biosynthesis in human breast cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2004;109:491-8 pubmed
- Schmidt M, Dikic I, Bogler O. Src phosphorylation of Alix/AIP1 modulates its interaction with binding partners and antagonizes its activities. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3414-25 pubmed..We propose a model whereby Src antagonizes the effects of Alix by phosphorylation of its C terminus, leading to the disruption of interactions with target proteins. ..
- Shiratsuchi H, Basson M. Akt2, but not Akt1 or Akt3 mediates pressure-stimulated serum-opsonized latex bead phagocytosis through activating mTOR and p70 S6 kinase. J Cell Biochem. 2007;102:353-67 pubmed..Changes in tissue pressure during inflammation may regulate macrophage phagocytosis by activation of PI-3K, which activates Akt2, mTOR, and p70S6K. ..
- Balan V, Nangia Makker P, Kho D, Wang Y, Raz A. Tyrosine-phosphorylated galectin-3 protein is resistant to prostate-specific antigen (PSA) cleavage. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:5192-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, the ratio of phosphorylated/dephosphorylated galectin-3 might be used as a complementary value to that of PSA for prognosis of prostate cancer and a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Senevirathne C, Embogama D, Anthony T, Fouda A, Pflum M. The generality of kinase-catalyzed biotinylation. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:12-9 pubmed publisher..With this rigorous characterization of ATP-biotin compatibility, kinase-catalyzed labeling is now immediately useful for studying phosphoproteins and characterizing the role of phosphorylation in various biological events. ..
- Grunberger G, Qiang X, Li Z, Mathews S, Sbrissa D, Shisheva A, et al. Molecular basis for the insulinomimetic effects of C-peptide. Diabetologia. 2001;44:1247-57 pubmed..We speculate that C-peptide could modulate the metabolic effects of insulin by enhancing them at low hormone concentrations and dampening them at high hormone concentrations. ..
- Huttemann M, Helling S, Sanderson T, Sinkler C, Samavati L, Mahapatra G, et al. Regulation of mitochondrial respiration and apoptosis through cell signaling: cytochrome c oxidase and cytochrome c in ischemia/reperfusion injury and inflammation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1817:598-609 pubmed publisher..Although operating at opposite poles of the ETC activity spectrum, both conditions can lead to cell death through energy deprivation or ROS-triggered apoptosis. ..
- Sattar A, Sattar R. Globular adiponectin activates Akt in cultured myocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;424:753-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that adiponectin stimulates Akt activation via the wortmannin sensitive pathway in L6 cells; and that its effects on Akt phosphorylation are not additive to those of insulin. ..
- Xu L, Tanaka Y, Bonderenko V, Matsuura I, Matsumoto H, Yamazaki A, et al. Phosphorylation of the gamma subunit of the retinal photoreceptor cGMP phosphodiesterase by the cAMP-dependent protein kinase and its effect on the gamma subunit interaction with other proteins. Biochemistry. 1998;37:6205-13 pubmed..Our observation suggests that P gamma phosphorylation by cAMP-dependent protein kinase may function for the regulation of phototransduction in vertebrate rod photoreceptors. ..
- Ma L, Vaz F, Gu Z, Wanders R, Greenberg M. The human TAZ gene complements mitochondrial dysfunction in the yeast taz1Delta mutant. Implications for Barth syndrome. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44394-9 pubmed..These findings may shed light on the mitochondrial deficiencies observed in Barth syndrome. ..
- Xie Y, Sun T, Wang Q, Wang Y, Wang F, Puscheck E, et al. Acquisition of essential somatic cell cycle regulatory protein expression and implied activity occurs at the second to third cell division in mouse preimplantation embryos. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:398-408 pubmed
- Owen C, Kumar R, Zhang P, McGrath B, Cavener D, Krause G. PERK is responsible for the increased phosphorylation of eIF2alpha and the severe inhibition of protein synthesis after transient global brain ischemia. J Neurochem. 2005;94:1235-42 pubmed..These data demonstrate that PERK is responsible for the large increase in phosphorylated eIF2alpha and the suppression of translation early in reperfusion after transient global brain ischemia. ..
- Gao X, Deeb D, Danyluk A, Media J, Liu Y, Dulchavsky S, et al. Immunomodulatory activity of synthetic triterpenoids: inhibition of lymphocyte proliferation, cell-mediated cytotoxicity, and cytokine gene expression through suppression of NF-kappaB. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2008;30:581-600 pubmed publisher..Treatment with CDDO-Me also inhibited the generation of allo-reactive T cell responses in vivo. The suppression of these cell-mediated immune responses by CDDO-Me was associated with the inhibition of NF-kappaB transcription factor. ..
- Silva G, Garvin J. Akt1 mediates purinergic-dependent NOS3 activation in thick ascending limbs. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F646-52 pubmed publisher..In vivo transduction of TALs with a dominant-negative Akt1 significantly decreased ATP-induced NO by 88 +/- 6%. We concluded that ATP increases NOS3-derived NO via Akt1 activation in the TAL. ..
- Chong Z, Lin S, Maiese K. The NAD+ precursor nicotinamide governs neuronal survival during oxidative stress through protein kinase B coupled to FOXO3a and mitochondrial membrane potential. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2004;24:728-43 pubmed..Their work elucidates some of the unique neuro-protective pathways used by the essential cellular nutrient nicotinamide that may direct future therapeutic approaches for neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Kumar A, Yin J, Zhang J, Yu F. Modulation of corneal epithelial innate immune response to pseudomonas infection by flagellin pretreatment. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:4664-70 pubmed..Pre-exposure of the ocular surface to TLR agonists may induce protective mechanisms that not only modulate the host inflammatory response but also provide an innate defense against bacterial infection in the cornea. ..
- Purcarea C, Fernando R, Evans H, Evans D. The sole serine/threonine protein kinase and its cognate phosphatase from Aquifex aeolicus targets pyrimidine biosynthesis. Mol Cell Biochem. 2008;311:199-213 pubmed publisher..The Thr/Ser kinase, its cognate phosphatase and a protein substrate may be elements of a simple signaling pathway, perhaps the most primitive example of this mode of regulation described thus far. ..
- Lomonaco S, Kahana S, Blass M, Brody Y, Okhrimenko H, Xiang C, et al. Phosphorylation of protein kinase Cdelta on distinct tyrosine residues induces sustained activation of Erk1/2 via down-regulation of MKP-1: role in the apoptotic effect of etoposide. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17731-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that distinct phosphorylation of PKCdeltaon tyrosines 64 and 187 specifically activates the Erk1/2 pathway by the down-regulation of MKP-1, resulting in the persistent phosphorylation of Erk1/2 and cell apoptosis. ..
- Sanderson T, Kumar R, Murariu Dobrin A, Page A, Krause G, SULLIVAN J. Insulin activates the PI3K-Akt survival pathway in vulnerable neurons following global brain ischemia. Neurol Res. 2009;31:947-58 pubmed publisher..The downstream components of insulin-induced Akt survival signaling after transient global brain ischemia remain to be identified. ..