Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pax2 transcription factor in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Locale: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Topic: pax2 transcription factor
- Roh M, Yassin Y, Miron A, Mehra K, Mehrad M, Monte N, et al. High-grade fimbrial-ovarian carcinomas are unified by altered p53, PTEN and PAX2 expression. Mod Pathol. 2010;23:1316-24 pubmed publisher..PAX2 and PTEN, in addition to p53 and p16(ink4), comprise a potentially important gene combination in high-grade pelvic carcinogenesis...
- Chervenak A, Hakim I, Barald K. Spatiotemporal expression of Zic genes during vertebrate inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:897-908 pubmed publisher..Zic expression domains overlap with sites of WNT and SHH signaling during otocyst patterning, suggesting a role for Zic genes in modulating signaling from these pathways. ..
- Brophy P, Ostrom L, Lang K, Dressler G. Regulation of ureteric bud outgrowth by Pax2-dependent activation of the glial derived neurotrophic factor gene. Development. 2001;128:4747-56 pubmed..Thus, activation of GDNF by Pax2 coordinates the position and outgrowth of the ureteric bud such that kidney development can begin. ..
- Warner S, Hutson M, Oh S, Gerlach Bank L, Lomax M, Barald K. Expression of ZIC genes in the development of the chick inner ear and nervous system. Dev Dyn. 2003;226:702-12 pubmed..These observations suggest that ZIC genes, in addition to their known roles in brain development, may play an important role in the development of the chick inner ear. ..
- Wasco M, Pu R. Comparison of PAX-2, RCC antigen, and antiphosphorylated H2AX antibody (gamma-H2AX) in diagnosing metastatic renal cell carcinoma by fine-needle aspiration. Diagn Cytopathol. 2008;36:568-73 pubmed publisher..A combination of all 3 markers identified 87% of cases, and failure to stain for both PAX-2 and gamma-H2AX suggests against, but does not disprove, a diagnosis of RCC. ..
- Soofi A, Levitan I, Dressler G. Two novel EGFP insertion alleles reveal unique aspects of Pax2 function in embryonic and adult kidneys. Dev Biol. 2012;365:241-50 pubmed publisher..These experiments provide new insight into the role of Pax2 protein levels in determining correct renal architecture and cell fate. These new Pax2 alleles are valuable genetic reagents for in vivo studies of urogenital development. ..
- Knoepp S, Kunju L, Roh M. Utility of PAX8 and PAX2 immunohistochemistry in the identification of renal cell carcinoma in diagnostic cytology. Diagn Cytopathol. 2012;40:667-72 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results indicate that PAX8 and PAX2 are diagnostically useful adjuncts in confirming the diagnosis of RCC in cytology specimens. ..