Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pancreatitis in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Locale: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
- Ji B, Chen X, Misek D, Kuick R, Hanash S, Ernst S, et al. Pancreatic gene expression during the initiation of acute pancreatitis: identification of EGR-1 as a key regulator. Physiol Genomics. 2003;14:59-72 pubmed..Thus this study identified EGR-1 and several other novel genes likely to be important in the development and severity of acute pancreatitis. ..
- DiMagno M, Williams J, Hao Y, Ernst S, Owyang C. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase is protective in the initiation of caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2004;287:G80-7 pubmed..Thus eNOS is the main isoform influencing the initiation of caerulein-induced AP. eNOS-derived NO exerts a protective effect through actions on nonacinar cell types, most likely endothelial cells, to produce greater PMBF. ..
- Ivashchenko C, Duan S, Usher M, Mortensen R. PPAR-gamma knockout in pancreatic epithelial cells abolishes the inhibitory effect of rosiglitazone on caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;293:G319-26 pubmed..These data show that the PPAR-gamma in the pancreatic epithelia and islets is important in suppressing inflammation and is required for the anti-inflammatory effects of TZDs in acute pancreatitis. ..
- Chen X, Sans M, Strahler J, Karnovsky A, Ernst S, Michailidis G, et al. Quantitative organellar proteomics analysis of rough endoplasmic reticulum from normal and acute pancreatitis rat pancreas. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:885-96 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the early stages of AP involve changes of multiple RER proteins that may affect the synthesis and processing of digestive enzymes. ..
- DelGiorno K, Hall J, Takeuchi K, Pan F, Halbrook C, Washington M, et al. Identification and manipulation of biliary metaplasia in pancreatic tumors. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:233-44.e5 pubmed publisher..Tuft cells express a number of tumorigenic factors that can alter the microenvironment. Expression of SOX17 induces pancreatitis and promotes Kras(G12D)-induced tumorigenesis in mice. ..