Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neoplasm metastasis in Detroit, Michigan, United States
Locale: Detroit, Michigan, United States
Topic: neoplasm metastasis
- Yu J, Ustach C, Kim H. Platelet-derived growth factor signaling and human cancer. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;36:49-59 pubmed
- Fulton A, Hanchin C, Butler W. Heterogeneity of prostaglandin E2 binding in murine mammary tumor cells differing in metastatic potential. Invasion Metastasis. 1988;8:17-30 pubmed..3H-PGE binding to line 410 cells is comparatively nonspecific as PGD2 is nearly as effective as PGE1, PGE2 and an analogue of PGE2 in competing with 3H-PGE2 and PGA2 also inhibits 3H-PGE2 binding. ..
- Nie D, Nemeth J, Qiao Y, Zacharek A, Li L, Hanna K, et al. Increased metastatic potential in human prostate carcinoma cells by overexpression of arachidonate 12-lipoxygenase. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2003;20:657-63 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that an increase in 12-LOX expression enhances the metastatic potential of human prostate cancer cells. ..
- Cher M, Biliran H, Bhagat S, Meng Y, Che M, Lockett J, et al. Maspin expression inhibits osteolysis, tumor growth, and angiogenesis in a model of prostate cancer bone metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:7847-52 pubmed
- Meng F, Wu G. The rejuvenated scenario of epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and cancer metastasis. Cancer Metastasis Rev. 2012;31:455-67 pubmed publisher..Due to the close relationship of EMT to cancer metastasis and chemoresistance, targeting EMT or reversing EMT is likely to lead to novel therapeutic approaches for the treatment of human cancers. ..
- Chen Y, Duniec Z, Liu B, Hagmann W, Gao X, Shimoji K, et al. Endogenous 12(S)-HETE production by tumor cells and its role in metastasis. Cancer Res. 1994;54:1574-9 pubmed
- Block J, Meng F, Wu G. Reversing cancer stemness. Aging (Albany NY). 2015;7:893-4 pubmed
- Diab M, Gabali A, Kittaneh M. Malignant acrospiroma: a case report in the era of next generation sequencing. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:221 pubmed publisher..Genomic testing was also done using next generation sequencing. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of acral malignant acrospiroma with reported next generation sequencing results. ..
- Thakur C, Lu Y, Sun J, Yu M, Chen B, Chen F. Increased expression of mdig predicts poorer survival of the breast cancer patients. Gene. 2014;535:218-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that an increased expression of mdig is an important prognostic factor for poorer survival time of the breast cancer patients. ..
- Seward S, Semaan A, Qazi A, Gruzdyn O, Chamala S, Bryant C, et al. EZH2 blockade by RNA interference inhibits growth of ovarian cancer by facilitating re-expression of p21(waf1/cip1) and by inhibiting mutant p53. Cancer Lett. 2013;336:53-60 pubmed publisher..Further, silencing of EZH2 resulted in re-expression of p21(waf1/cip1) and down-regulation of mutant p53. Finally, EZH2 knockdown contributed to attenuated EOC growth in SCID mice. ..
- Raz A, Pazerini G, Carmi P. Identification of the metastasis-associated, galactoside-binding lectin as a chimeric gene product with homology to an IgE-binding protein. Cancer Res. 1989;49:3489-93 pubmed..Enzymatic treatment with collagenase confirmed the presence of a collagen-like structure in the polypeptide. Unexpectedly, the entire sequence is greater than 85% homologous to a rat low affinity IgE-binding protein. ..
- Singh R, Diwan A, Zhang P, Prieto V. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase is not overexpressed in melanocytic lesions. J Cutan Pathol. 2007;34:220-5 pubmed..There was no statistical difference in PI3 kinase expression in benign and malignant melanocytic lesions (p=0.2). PI3K is not overexpressed in melanocytic lesions. ..
- Downey C, Craig D, Basson M. Pressure activates colon cancer cell adhesion via paxillin phosphorylation, Crk, Cas, and Rac1. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:1446-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, paxillin phosphorylation at tyrosines 31 and 118 together is necessary for pressure-induced adhesion. Paxillin, Crk and Cas form a trimeric complex that activates Rac1 and mediates this effect. ..
- Chinni S, Yamamoto H, Dong Z, Sabbota A, Bonfil R, Cher M. CXCL12/CXCR4 transactivates HER2 in lipid rafts of prostate cancer cells and promotes growth of metastatic deposits in bone. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:446-57 pubmed publisher..This transactivation contributes to enhanced invasive signals and metastatic growth in the bone microenvironment. ..
- Sheng S. The promise and challenge toward the clinical application of maspin in cancer. Front Biosci. 2004;9:2733-45 pubmed..Specifically, this review discusses several likely molecular mechanisms underlying (1) the differential regulation of maspin expression, and (2) the biological activities of maspin in tumor progression. ..
- Yanagawa T, Funasaka T, Tsutsumi S, Raz T, Tanaka N, Raz A. Differential regulation of phosphoglucose isomerase/autocrine motility factor activities by protein kinase CK2 phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10419-26 pubmed..The process by which phosphorylation modulates the enzymatic activity of PGI thus has an important implication for the understanding of the biological regulation of this key glucose metabolism-regulating enzyme. ..
- Podgorski I, Linebaugh B, Sameni M, Jedeszko C, Bhagat S, Cher M, et al. Bone microenvironment modulates expression and activity of cathepsin B in prostate cancer. Neoplasia. 2005;7:207-23 pubmed..Our results suggest that tumor-stromal interactions in the context of the bone microenvironment can modulate the expression of the cysteine protease cathepsin B. ..
- Yin S, Li X, Meng Y, Finley R, Sakr W, Yang H, et al. Tumor-suppressive maspin regulates cell response to oxidative stress by direct interaction with glutathione S-transferase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34985-96 pubmed
- Pecot C, Rupaimoole R, Yang D, Akbani R, Ivan C, Lu C, et al. Tumour angiogenesis regulation by the miR-200 family. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2427 pubmed publisher..The role of miR-200 in blocking cancer angiogenesis in a cancer-dependent context defines its utility as a potential therapeutic agent. ..
- Kamson D, Mittal S, Buth A, Muzik O, Kupsky W, Robinette N, et al. Differentiation of glioblastomas from metastatic brain tumors by tryptophan uptake and kinetic analysis: a positron emission tomographic study with magnetic resonance imaging comparison. Mol Imaging. 2013;12:327-37 pubmed..This approach may be particularly useful in patients with a newly diagnosed solitary ring-enhancing mass. ..
- Bonfil R, Dong Z, Trindade Filho J, Sabbota A, Osenkowski P, Nabha S, et al. Prostate cancer-associated membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase: a pivotal role in bone response and intraosseous tumor growth. Am J Pathol. 2007;170:2100-11 pubmed..Our findings are consistent with the hypothesis that prostate cancer-associated MT1-MMP plays a direct and/or indirect role in bone matrix degradation, thus favoring intraosseous tumor expansion. ..
- Funasaka T, Hu H, Hogan V, Raz A. Down-regulation of phosphoglucose isomerase/autocrine motility factor expression sensitizes human fibrosarcoma cells to oxidative stress leading to cellular senescence. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36362-9 pubmed
- Toth M, Sohail A, Fridman R. Assessment of gelatinases (MMP-2 and MMP-9) by gelatin zymography. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;878:121-35 pubmed publisher..If properly used, gelatin zymography is an excellent tool for the study of gelatinases in biological systems. ..
- Reeves D, Liu C. Treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2009;64:11-25 pubmed publisher..Future research will better define the sequencing of therapies, as well as, explore the activity of novel combination regimens. ..
- Barnabas N, Xu L, Savera A, Hou Z, Barrack E. Chromosome 8 markers of metastatic prostate cancer in African American men: gain of the MIR151 gene and loss of the NKX3-1 gene. Prostate. 2011;71:857-71 pubmed publisher..Copy number gain of the MIR151 gene and/or loss of the NKX3-1 gene in the primary tumor may indicate the presence of metastatic disease. ..
- Cho J, Osenkowski P, Zhao H, Kim S, Toth M, Cole K, et al. The inactive 44-kDa processed form of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) enhances proteolytic activity via regulation of endocytosis of active MT1-MMP. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17391-405 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest a novel role for the 44-kDa form of MT1-MMP generated during autocatalytic processing in maintaining the pool of active enzyme at the cell surface. ..
- Gartner E, Silverman P, Simon M, Flaherty L, Abrams J, Ivy P, et al. A phase II study of 17-allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin in metastatic or locally advanced, unresectable breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;131:933-7 pubmed publisher..Five patients developed grade 3/4 toxicities, which were primarily hepatic and pulmonary. Based on these results, we do not recommend further study of 17-AAG at this dosing schedule or in unselected breast cancer patients. ..
- Meng F, Zhang H, Liu G, Kreike B, Chen W, Sethi S, et al. p38? mitogen-activated protein kinase contributes to oncogenic properties maintenance and resistance to poly (ADP-ribose)-polymerase-1 inhibition in breast cancer. Neoplasia. 2011;13:472-82 pubmed
- Sarkar F, Li Y, Wang Z, Kong D. Pancreatic cancer stem cells and EMT in drug resistance and metastasis. Minerva Chir. 2009;64:489-500 pubmed