Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Detroit, Michigan, United States
Locale: Detroit, Michigan, United States
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications252 found, 100 shown here
- Ju S, Shaltiel G, Shamir A, Agam G, Greenberg M. Human 1-D-myo-inositol-3-phosphate synthase is functional in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21759-65 pubmed..Because inositol metabolism may play a key role in the etiology and treatment of bipolar illness, functional conservation of the key enzyme in inositol biosynthesis underscores the power of the yeast model in studies of this disorder. ..
- Yanagawa T, Funasaka T, Tsutsumi S, Raz T, Tanaka N, Raz A. Differential regulation of phosphoglucose isomerase/autocrine motility factor activities by protein kinase CK2 phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10419-26 pubmed..The process by which phosphorylation modulates the enzymatic activity of PGI thus has an important implication for the understanding of the biological regulation of this key glucose metabolism-regulating enzyme. ..
- Shi Y, Vaden D, Ju S, Ding D, Geiger J, Greenberg M. Genetic perturbation of glycolysis results in inhibition of de novo inositol biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41805-10 pubmed..This study is the first to establish a connection between perturbation of glycolysis and inhibition of de novo inositol biosynthesis. ..
- Kan Mitchell J, Bajcz M, Schaubert K, Price D, Brenchley J, Asher T, et al. Degeneracy and repertoire of the human HIV-1 Gag p17(77-85) CTL response. J Immunol. 2006;176:6690-701 pubmed..This study suggests that agonist sequences can replace aberrantly immunogenic native epitopes for the rational design of vaccines targeting HIV-1. ..
- Datta N, Abou Samra A. PTH and PTHrP signaling in osteoblasts. Cell Signal. 2009;21:1245-54 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the molecular aspects of PTH and PTHrP signaling in light of old players and recent advances in understanding the control of osteoblast proliferation, differentiation and function. ..
- Ludlam A, Brunzelle J, Pribyl T, Xu X, Gatti D, Ackerman S. Chaperones of F1-ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:17138-46 pubmed publisher..However, Atp11p and Atp12p do not resemble alpha or beta, and it is instead the F(1) gamma subunit that initiates the release of the chaperones from alpha and beta and their further assembly into the mature complex. ..
- Carpenter M, Rajagurubandara E, Wijesinghe P, Bhagwat A. Determinants of sequence-specificity within human AID and APOBEC3G. DNA Repair (Amst). 2010;9:579-87 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the sequence selectivity of APOBEC family of enzymes is determined by at least two separate sequence segments and there may be additional regions of the protein involved in DNA sequence recognition. ..
- Aqua M, Bachman N, Lomax M, Grossman L. Characterization and expression of a cDNA specifying subunit VIIc of bovine cytochrome c oxidase. Gene. 1991;104:211-7 pubmed..We have compared COX VIIc cDNAs from cow, human and mouse, and find the presequence similarity among them to be 100% at the aa level. ..
- Seelan R, Grossman L. Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa isoforms. Characterization and expression of bovine cDNAs. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:19752-7 pubmed..The amino acid sequence EKQKLFQED is conserved in rat and in both isoforms in cow and human and may represent a domain of core subunit function. ..
- Grossman L, Akamatsu M. Nucleotide sequence of a mouse cDNA for subunit IV of cytochrome c oxidase. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:6454 pubmed
- Tang D, Chen Y, Newman P, Shi L, Gao X, Diglio C, et al. Identification of PECAM-1 in solid tumor cells and its potential involvement in tumor cell adhesion to endothelium. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:22883-94 pubmed
- Porter C, Goodman M, Stanhope M. Evidence on mammalian phylogeny from sequences of exon 28 of the von Willebrand factor gene. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 1996;5:89-101 pubmed publisher..The orders Primates, Proboscidea, Carnivora, Perissodactyla, and Artiodactyla were represented by more than one species which joined in each case to form a monophyletic order...
- States J, Myrand S. Splice site mutations in a xeroderma pigmentosum group A patient with delayed onset of neurological disease. Mutat Res. 1996;363:171-7 pubmed
- Mekhovich O, Tang M, Romano L. Rate of incision of N-acetyl-2-aminofluorene and N-2-aminofluorene adducts by UvrABC nuclease is adduct- and sequence-specific: comparison of the rates of UvrABC nuclease incision and protein-DNA complex formation. Biochemistry. 1998;37:571-9 pubmed..Most siginificantly, we find that the rate of UvrB and UvrBC-substrate complex formation correlates with the rate of UvrABC nuclease incision. ..
- Niinaka Y, Paku S, Haga A, Watanabe H, Raz A. Expression and secretion of neuroleukin/phosphohexose isomerase/maturation factor as autocrine motility factor by tumor cells. Cancer Res. 1998;58:2667-74 pubmed
- Tisdale E. Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is phosphorylated by protein kinase Ciota /lambda and plays a role in microtubule dynamics in the early secretory pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3334-41 pubmed..These combined results suggest that Rab2 stimulated PKCiota/lambda and GAPDH recruitment to VTCs, and the subsequent PKCiota/lambda phosphorylation of GAPDH ultimately influences MT dynamics in the early secretory pathway. ..
- Drescher M, Barretto R, Chaturvedi D, Beisel K, Hatfield J, Khan K, et al. Expression of subunits for the cAMP-sensitive 'olfactory' cyclic nucleotide-gated ion channel in the cochlea: implications for signal transduction. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;98:1-14 pubmed..3. Further, the localization of CNG2 and CNG5 immunoreactivity to hair cell stereocilia suggests a role for cAMP-sensitive CNG channels in hair cell signal transduction...
- Toth M, Hernandez Barrantes S, Osenkowski P, Bernardo M, Gervasi D, Shimura Y, et al. Complex pattern of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase shedding. Regulation by autocatalytic cells surface inactivation of active enzyme. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:26340-50 pubmed..These studies suggest that ectodomain shedding regulates the pericellular and extracellular activities of MT1-MMP through a delicate balance of active and inactive enzyme-soluble fragments. ..
- Ramakrishnan N, Green G, Pasha R, Drescher M, Swanson G, Perin P, et al. Voltage-gated Ca2+ channel Ca(V)1.3 subunit expressed in the hair cell epithelium of the sacculus of the trout Oncorhynchus mykiss: cloning and comparison across vertebrate classes. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;109:69-83 pubmed
- Vinogradov S, Hoogewijs D, Bailly X, Arredondo Peter R, Gough J, Dewilde S, et al. A phylogenomic profile of globins. BMC Evol Biol. 2006;6:31 pubmed..Since the hemoglobins in organisms other than animals are enzymes or sensors, it is likely that the evolution of an oxygen transport function accompanied the emergence of multicellular animals. ..
- Platts A, Land S, Chen L, Page G, Rasouli P, Wang L, et al. Massively parallel resequencing of the isogenic Drosophila melanogaster strain w(1118); iso-2; iso-3 identifies hotspots for mutations in sensory perception genes. Fly (Austin). 2009;3:192-203 pubmed..Because of the dramatic increase in power in using isogenic lines rather than outbred individuals, the SNP information should be valuable as a test bed for understanding genotype-by-environment interactions in human population studies. ..
- Inutan E, Wager Miller J, Mackie K, Trimpin S. Laserspray ionization imaging of multiply charged ions using a commercial vacuum MALDI ion source. Anal Chem. 2012;84:9079-84 pubmed publisher..81 (+2) molecular weight (MW) 1589.6, m/z 831.35 (+2) MW 1660.7, and m/z 917.40 (+2) MW 1832.8. ..
- Seelan R, Grossman L. Structure and organization of the heart isoform gene for bovine cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa. Biochemistry. 1992;31:4696-704 pubmed..Putative DNA sequence elements associated with respiratory function, muscle gene activation, and housekeeping function are present both in the upstream regions and within introns. ..
- Granneman J, Lahners K, Rao D. Rodent and human beta 3-adrenergic receptor genes contain an intron within the protein-coding block. Mol Pharmacol. 1992;42:964-70 pubmed..Sequence analysis of the mouse and human beta 3 receptor cDNAs indicates that they code for proteins that are, respectively, 12 and 6 amino acids larger than previously deduced from genomic clones. ..
- Simmer J, Kelly R, Rinker A, Scully J, Evans D. Mammalian carbamyl phosphate synthetase (CPS). DNA sequence and evolution of the CPS domain of the Syrian hamster multifunctional protein CAD. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:10395-402 pubmed
- Gabbara S, Wyszynski M, Bhagwat A. A DNA repair process in Escherichia coli corrects U:G and T:G mismatches to C:G at sites of cytosine methylation. Mol Gen Genet. 1994;243:244-8 pubmed..Although VSP repair substantially affects the reversion frequency, it may not be as efficient at correcting U:G mismatches as the uracil DNA glycosylase-mediated repair process. ..
- Rensing C, Mitra B, Rosen B. The zntA gene of Escherichia coli encodes a Zn(II)-translocating P-type ATPase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:14326-31 pubmed..Membrane vesicles from the zntA::kan strain did not accumulate those metal ions. Both the sensitive phenotype and transport defect of the mutant were complemented by expression of zntA on a plasmid. ..
- Garbern J, Cambi F, Shy M, Kamholz J. The molecular pathogenesis of Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease. Arch Neurol. 1999;56:1210-4 pubmed
- Yu J, Ustach C, Kim H. Platelet-derived growth factor signaling and human cancer. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;36:49-59 pubmed
- Liu J, Stemmler A, Fatima J, Mitra B. Metal-binding characteristics of the amino-terminal domain of ZntA: binding of lead is different compared to cadmium and zinc. Biochemistry. 2005;44:5159-67 pubmed..and Sharma, R. (2001) Biochemistry 40, 7694-7699). Thus, binding of Pb(II) appears to involve different ligands, and possibly geometry, compared to Cd(II) and Zn(II). ..
- Yang L, Wan J, Ge Y, Fu Z, Kim S, Fujiwara Y, et al. The GATA site-dependent hemogen promoter is transcriptionally regulated by GATA1 in hematopoietic and leukemia cells. Leukemia. 2006;20:417-25 pubmed..This study suggests that the Hemgn promoter contains critical regulatory elements for its transcription in hematopoietic tissues and Hemgn is a direct target of GATA1 in leukemia cells. ..
- Sivashanmugam A, Wang J. A unified scheme for initiation and conformational adaptation of human apolipoprotein E N-terminal domain upon lipoprotein binding and for receptor binding activity. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14657-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, the NMR structure suggests a unified scheme for the initiation and helix bundle opening of apoE-NT upon lipoprotein-binding and for receptor binding activity. ..
- Gamage D, Hendrickson T. GPI transamidase and GPI anchored proteins: oncogenes and biomarkers for cancer. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;48:446-64 pubmed publisher..Given that functions for only one of GPI-T's subunits have been robustly assigned, the separation between healthy and malignant GPI-T activity is poorly defined. ..
- Fu H, Valiathan R, Payne L, Kumarasiri M, Mahasenan K, Mobashery S, et al. Glycosylation at Asn211 regulates the activation state of the discoidin domain receptor 1 (DDR1). J Biol Chem. 2014;289:9275-87 pubmed publisher..These studies provide a novel insight into the structural mechanisms that regulate DDR activation. ..
- Pati S, DiSilvestre D, Brusilow W. Regulation of the Escherichia coli uncH gene by mRNA secondary structure and translational coupling. Mol Microbiol. 1992;6:3559-66 pubmed
- Kaplan D, Duncan C. Full length cDNA sequence for bovine high mobility group 1 (HMG1) protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:10375 pubmed
- Shi W, Wu J, Rosen B. Identification of a putative metal binding site in a new family of metalloregulatory proteins. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:19826-9 pubmed..We propose that cysteines Cys-32 and Cys-34 in the ArsR protein comprise part of a metal binding motif found in members of the ArsR family of metalloregulatory proteins. ..
- Shi W, Dong J, Scott R, Ksenzenko M, Rosen B. The role of arsenic-thiol interactions in metalloregulation of the ars operon. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:9291-7 pubmed
- Moore P, Vo T, Carlock L. Identification and cloning of a brain autoantigen in neuro-behavioral SLE. J Neuroimmunol. 1998;82:116-25 pubmed..Antibodies to this molecule may mediate changes in behavior either by direct interactions with the cognate antigen or by indirect influences through neuro-endocrine axes. ..
- Chen Y, Boros D. Identification of the immunodominant T cell epitope of p38, a major egg antigen, and characterization of the epitope-specific Th responsiveness during murine schistosomiasis mansoni. J Immunol. 1998;160:5420-7 pubmed..From 8 wk onwards an immune deviation to the p38-specific response was observed that was manifested by rising IgG1, IgE, and IgG2a Ab production as opposed to declining Th1- and Th2-type cytokine secretion. ..
- Li H, Leung T, Hoffman S, Balsamo J, Lilien J. Coordinate regulation of cadherin and integrin function by the chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan neurocan. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1275-88 pubmed..These data suggest that the coordinate inhibition of cadherin and integrin function on interaction of neurocan with its receptor may prevent cell and neurite migration across boundaries. ..
- Calin Jageman I, Amarasinghe A, Nicholson A. Ethidium-dependent uncoupling of substrate binding and cleavage by Escherichia coli ribonuclease III. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:1915-25 pubmed
- Chen Y, Janczuk A, Chen X, Wang J, Ksebati M, Wang P. Expeditious syntheses of two carbohydrate-linked cisplatin analogs. Carbohydr Res. 2002;337:1043-6 pubmed..A fusion enzymatic approach was used to create the diazido-alpha-Gal trisaccharide intermediate in the synthesis of alpha-Gal-cisplatin. ..
- Gill J, Romano L. Mechanism for N-acetyl-2-aminofluorene-induced frameshift mutagenesis by Escherichia coli DNA polymerase I (Klenow fragment). Biochemistry. 2005;44:15387-95 pubmed
- Lamichhane T, Abeydeera N, Duc A, Cunningham P, Chow C. Selection of peptides targeting helix 31 of bacterial 16S ribosomal RNA by screening M13 phage-display libraries. Molecules. 2011;16:1211-39 pubmed publisher..These peptides also inhibited protein synthesis in cell-free translation assays. ..
- Sanders M, Brahemi G, Nangia Makker P, Balan V, Morelli M, Kothayer H, et al. Novel inhibitors of Rad6 ubiquitin conjugating enzyme: design, synthesis, identification, and functional characterization. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:373-83 pubmed publisher..Together these results describe identification of the first Rad6 SMIs. ..
- Cintron V, Ko M, Chi K, Gross J, Srinivas P, Goustin A, et al. Genetic mapping and functional studies of a natural inhibitor of the insulin receptor tyrosine kinase: the mouse ortholog of human alpha2-HS glycoprotein. Int J Exp Diabetes Res. 2001;1:249-63 pubmed..Based on the sequence data and functional analysis, we conclude that the mouse Ahsg gene is the true ortholog of the human AHSG gene. ..
- Friedrich M, Caravas J. New insights from hemichordate genomes: prebilaterian origin and parallel modifications in the paired domain of the Pax gene eyegone. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2011;316:387-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings identify Drosophila eyg as the baptizing member of an ancient Pax gene subfamily and recommend abandoning its classification as Pax6(5a)-related gene. ..
- Huttemann M, Lee I, Grossman L, Doan J, Sanderson T. Phosphorylation of mammalian cytochrome c and cytochrome c oxidase in the regulation of cell destiny: respiration, apoptosis, and human disease. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2012;748:237-64 pubmed publisher..The role of COX and Cytc phosphorylation is reviewed in a human disease context, including cancer, inflammation, sepsis, asthma, and ischemia/reperfusion injury as seen in myocardial infarction and ischemic stroke. ..
- Holcomb J, Jiang Y, Lu G, Trescott L, Brunzelle J, Sirinupong N, et al. Structural insights into PDZ-mediated interaction of NHERF2 and LPA(2), a cellular event implicated in CFTR channel regulation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:399-403 pubmed publisher..This study provides an understanding of the structural basis for the PDZ-mediated NHERF2-LPA2 interaction that could prove valuable in selective drug design against CFTR-related human diseases. ..
- Hayasaka K, Skinner C, Goodman M, Slightom J. The gamma-globin genes and their flanking sequences in primates: findings with nucleotide sequences of capuchin monkey and tarsier. Genomics. 1993;18:20-8 pubmed..However, an absence of conversions within the capuchin and spider monkeys promoter regions suggests that in platyrrhines selection acted against conversions as they could decrease (or inactivate) gamma 2 expression...
- Banerjee A, Gregori L, Xu Y, Chau V. The bacterially expressed yeast CDC34 gene product can undergo autoubiquitination to form a multiubiquitin chain-linked protein. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:5668-75 pubmed
- Nicholson A. Function, mechanism and regulation of bacterial ribonucleases. FEMS Microbiol Rev. 1999;23:371-90 pubmed..RNase III orthologues occur in eukaryotic cells, and play key functional roles. As such, RNase III provides an important model with which to understand mechanisms of RNA maturation, RNA decay, and gene regulation. ..
- Nakashima H, Grahovac M, Mazzarella R, Fujiwara H, Kitchen J, Threat T, et al. Two novel mouse genes--Nubp2, mapped to the t-complex on chromosome 17, and Nubp1, mapped to chromosome 16--establish a new gene family of nucleotide-binding proteins in eukaryotes. Genomics. 1999;60:152-60 pubmed..Interestingly, both regions are syntenic with human chromosome 16p13.1-p13.3, suggesting that a chromosomal breakage between Nubp2 and Nubp1 probably occurred during the evolution of mouse chromosomes. ..
- Yang L, Nicholson R, Kaplan J, Galy A, Li L. Hemogen is a novel nuclear factor specifically expressed in mouse hematopoietic development and its human homologue EDAG maps to chromosome 9q22, a region containing breakpoints of hematological neoplasms. Mech Dev. 2001;104:105-11 pubmed..Like Hemogen, EDAG exhibited specific expression in hematopoietic tissues and cells. Taken together, these data are consistent with Hemogen and EDAG playing an important role in hematopoietic development and neoplasms. ..
- Flatley R, Payton S, Taub J, Matherly L. Primary acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells use a novel promoter and 5'noncoding exon for the human reduced folate carrier that encodes a modified carrier translated from an upstream translational start. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:5111-22 pubmed..Furthermore, they suggest that use of the A1/A2 5'UTR may confer a transport phenotype distinct from the other 5'UTRs due to altered translation efficiency and transport properties. ..
- Ragheb S, Mohamed M, Lisak R. Myasthenia gravis patients, but not healthy subjects, recognize epitopes that are unique to the epsilon-subunit of the acetylcholine receptor. J Neuroimmunol. 2005;159:137-45 pubmed..Differences between the epsilon- and gamma-chains may be important in the development of MG, because only MG patients respond to epitopes that are unique to the epsilon-subunit. ..
- Jin R, Trikha M, Cai Y, Grignon D, Honn K. A naturally occurring truncated beta3 integrin in tumor cells: native anti-integrin involved in tumor cell motility. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:1559-68 pubmed..Results suggest that trbeta3 may act as an anti-integrin and play a crucial role in cell migration, which is an important process in tumor invasion and metastasis. ..
- Papper Z, Jameson N, Romero R, Weckle A, Mittal P, Benirschke K, et al. Ancient origin of placental expression in the growth hormone genes of anthropoid primates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:17083-8 pubmed publisher..e., the roles played by placenta-expressed GHs in human pregnancy may have a longer evolutionary history than previously appreciated)...
- Stuckey J, St Charles R, Edwards B. A model of the platelet factor 4 complex with heparin. Proteins. 1992;14:277-87 pubmed..Our model of heparin bound to PF4 has the anionic polysaccharide perpendicular to the alpha-helices, wrapped about the tetramer along the ring of positive charge, and salt linked to all four lysines on the helix of each monomer. ..
- Akamatsu M, Grossman L. Nucleotide sequence of a cDNA for mouse cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIc. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:3645 pubmed
- Raz A, Pazerini G, Carmi P. Identification of the metastasis-associated, galactoside-binding lectin as a chimeric gene product with homology to an IgE-binding protein. Cancer Res. 1989;49:3489-93 pubmed..Enzymatic treatment with collagenase confirmed the presence of a collagen-like structure in the polypeptide. Unexpectedly, the entire sequence is greater than 85% homologous to a rat low affinity IgE-binding protein. ..
- St Charles R, Walz D, Edwards B. The three-dimensional structure of bovine platelet factor 4 at 3.0-A resolution. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:2092-9 pubmed..The carboxyl-terminal alpha-helices, which contain lysine residues that are thought to be intimately involved in binding heparin, are arranged as antiparallel pairs on the surface of each extended beta-sheet. ..
- Choudhary S, Wykes S, Kramer J, Mohamed A, Koppitch F, Nelson J, et al. A haploid expressed gene cluster exists as a single chromatin domain in human sperm. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:8755-62 pubmed..This is the first description of a multigenic male gamete-specific domain as a fundamental gene regulatory unit. A model of haploid-specific gene determination is presented. ..
- Primiano T, Novak R. Purification and characterization of class mu glutathione S-transferase isozymes from rabbit hepatic tissue. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1993;301:404-10 pubmed
- Wang J, Riedel H. Insulin-like growth factor-I receptor and insulin receptor association with a Src homology-2 domain-containing putative adapter. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:3136-9 pubmed..IR and IGF-IR Tyr phosphorylation motifs were not identified in the complete SH2-B primary structure, suggesting that it may participate as an adapter rather than a substrate in the IGF-I and insulin signaling pathways. ..
- Riedel H, Wang J, Hansen H, Yousaf N. PSM, an insulin-dependent, pro-rich, PH, SH2 domain containing partner of the insulin receptor. J Biochem. 1997;122:1105-13 pubmed..In contrast, PSM was not found to associate with the established IR substrate IRS-1 under any conditions and appears to act independently of IRS-1. All of our findings are compatible with a putative role of PSM in insulin action. ..
- Fang M, Majumder A, Tsai K, Wu H. ppGpp-dependent leuO expression in bacteria under stress. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;276:64-70 pubmed publisher..The stationary phase-associated leuO expression is ppGpp dependent and rpoS (sigma(s) factor) independent...
- Shy M, Jani A, Krajewski K, Grandis M, Lewis R, Li J, et al. Phenotypic clustering in MPZ mutations. Brain. 2004;127:371-84 pubmed..In contrast, late onset neuropathy is caused by mutations that more subtly alter myelin structure and which probably disrupt Schwann cell-axonal interactions. ..
- Skundric D, Zhou W, Cruikshank W, Dai R. Increased levels of bioactive IL-16 correlate with disease activity during relapsing experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE). J Autoimmun. 2005;25:206-14 pubmed..Our data suggest that caspase-3 mediated production of IL-16 by infiltrating CD4+ T cells, contributes to ongoing neuroinflammation by chemoattraction of additional waves of CD4+ T cells. ..
- Martin P, Vickrey J, Proteasa G, Jimenez Y, Wawrzak Z, Winters M, et al. "Wide-open" 1.3 A structure of a multidrug-resistant HIV-1 protease as a drug target. Structure. 2005;13:1887-95 pubmed..A third key structural change of the protease is due to the mutations from longer to shorter amino acid side chains at positions 82 and 84. ..
- Hou Z, Ye J, Haska C, Matherly L. Transmembrane domains 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10 of the human reduced folate carrier are important structural or functional components of the transmembrane channel for folate substrates. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33588-96 pubmed
- Daffu G, Sohi J, Kamholz J. Proteolipid protein dimerization at cysteine 108: Implications for protein structure. Neurosci Res. 2012;74:144-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that mutant PLP multimerization, mediated in part by way of cysteine 108, may be part of the pathogenesis of Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease. ..
- Wang Y, Balan V, Kho D, Hogan V, Nangia Makker P, Raz A. Galectin-3 regulates p21 stability in human prostate cancer cells. Oncogene. 2013;32:5058-65 pubmed publisher..This study provides a unique insight into the relationship of these two molecules during prostate cancer progression, and may provide a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Li Y, Chen B. Differential regulation of fyn-associated protein tyrosine kinase activity by macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF) and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF). J Leukoc Biol. 1995;57:484-90 pubmed..Collectively, our data suggest that the activation of fyn kinase is closely associated with the acquisition of adherent capacity in maturing macrophages. ..
- Zacharova V, Zachar V, Goustin A. Sequence of chemokine receptor gene CCR5 in chimpanzees, a natural HIV type 1 host. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1997;13:1159-61 pubmed
- Nahhas F, Dryden S, Abrams J, Tainsky M. Mutations in SIRT2 deacetylase which regulate enzymatic activity but not its interaction with HDAC6 and tubulin. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;303:221-30 pubmed..Replacements of other serine, threonine, and tyrosine residues, which did not alter the phosphorylation pattern, had varying effects on SIRT2 deacetylase activity but no effect on tubulin/HDAC6 binding. ..
- Massova I, Kotra L, Fridman R, Mobashery S. Matrix metalloproteinases: structures, evolution, and diversification. FASEB J. 1998;12:1075-95 pubmed..Analysis indicates that a retrograde structure simplification may have accounted for the evolution of MMPs with simple domain constituents, such as matrilysin, from the larger and more elaborate enzymes. ..
- Bujnicki J. Sequence, structural, and evolutionary analysis of prokaryotic ribosomal protein L11 methyltransferases. Acta Microbiol Pol. 2000;49:19-29 pubmed
- Gardocki M, Lopes J. Expression of the yeast PIS1 gene requires multiple regulatory elements including a Rox1p binding site. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38646-52 pubmed..Furthermore, PI levels were elevated under anaerobic conditions. This is the first evidence that PI levels are affected by regulation of PIS1 transcription. ..
- Yu H, Bondarenko V, Yamazaki A. Inhibition of retinal guanylyl cyclase by the RGS9-1 N-terminus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;286:12-9 pubmed
- Wu B, Zhang Y, Zheng R, Guo C, Wang P. Bifunctional phosphomannose isomerase/GDP-D-mannose pyrophosphorylase is the point of control for GDP-D-mannose biosynthesis in Helicobacter pylori. FEBS Lett. 2002;519:87-92 pubmed..The inhibition is of non-competitive (mixed) type. As the enzyme is found only in bacteria probably participating in capsular polysaccharide biosynthesis, it could be a specific therapeutic target against bacterial infection. ..
- Yang X, Weber M, Zarinkamar N, Posnien N, Friedrich F, Wigand B, et al. Probing the Drosophila retinal determination gene network in Tribolium (II): The Pax6 genes eyeless and twin of eyeless. Dev Biol. 2009;333:215-27 pubmed publisher..The results from embryonic knockdown and comparative protein sequence analysis lead us further to conclude that Tribolium represents an ancestral state of redundant control by ey and toy...
- Leicht D, Balan V, Kaplun A, Singh Gupta V, Kaplun L, Dobson M, et al. Raf kinases: function, regulation and role in human cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1773:1196-212 pubmed..In this review, we focus on the physiological roles of Raf kinases in normal and disease conditions, specifically cancer, and the current thoughts on Raf regulation. ..