Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on microtubule associated proteins in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Locale: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Topic: microtubule associated proteins
- Chang L, Chiang S, Saltiel A. TC10alpha is required for insulin-stimulated glucose uptake in adipocytes. Endocrinology. 2007;148:27-33 pubmed..Additionally, knockdown of TC10alpha inhibited insulin-stimulated translocation of its effector CIP4. These data indicate that TC10alpha is specifically required for insulin-stimulated glucose uptake in adipocytes. ..
- Strømhaug P, Reggiori F, Guan J, Wang C, Klionsky D. Atg21 is a phosphoinositide binding protein required for efficient lipidation and localization of Atg8 during uptake of aminopeptidase I by selective autophagy. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3553-66 pubmed..A similar defect in localization of a second ubiquitin-like conjugate, Atg12-Atg5, suggests that Atg21 may be involved in the recruitment of membrane to the PAS. ..
- Yen W, Shintani T, Nair U, Cao Y, Richardson B, Li Z, et al. The conserved oligomeric Golgi complex is involved in double-membrane vesicle formation during autophagy. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:101-14 pubmed publisher..In addition, mutations in the COG genes resulted in the mislocalization of Atg8 and Atg9, which are critical components involved in autophagosome formation...
- Galigniana M, Morishima Y, Gallay P, Pratt W. Cyclophilin-A is bound through its peptidylprolyl isomerase domain to the cytoplasmic dynein motor protein complex. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:55754-9 pubmed
- Lodhi I, Chiang S, Chang L, Vollenweider D, Watson R, Inoue M, et al. Gapex-5, a Rab31 guanine nucleotide exchange factor that regulates Glut4 trafficking in adipocytes. Cell Metab. 2007;5:59-72 pubmed..Insulin recruits the CIP4/Gapex-5 complex to the plasma membrane, thus reducing Rab31 activity and permitting Glut4 vesicles to translocate to the cell surface, where Glut4 docks and fuses to transport glucose into the cell. ..
- Chang L, Adams R, Saltiel A. The TC10-interacting protein CIP4/2 is required for insulin-stimulated Glut4 translocation in 3T3L1 adipocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12835-40 pubmed..These data suggest that CIP4/2 may play an important role in insulin-stimulated glucose transport as a downstream effector of TC10. ..
- Duan H, Tsvetkov L, Liu Y, Song Y, Swaroop M, Wen R, et al. Promotion of S-phase entry and cell growth under serum starvation by SAG/ROC2/Rbx2/Hrt2, an E3 ubiquitin ligase component: association with inhibition of p27 accumulation. Mol Carcinog. 2001;30:37-46 pubmed..Thus, SAG-induced growth with serum withdrawal appears to be associated with SAG-mediated p27 degradation. Mol. Carcinog. 30:37-46, 2001. ..
- Lillie S, Brown S. Smy1p, a kinesin-related protein that does not require microtubules. J Cell Biol. 1998;140:873-83 pubmed..We conclude that Smy1p does not act as a microtubule-based motor to localize properly or to compensate for defective Myo2p, but that it must instead act in some novel way. ..
- Geng J, Nair U, Yasumura Yorimitsu K, Klionsky D. Post-Golgi Sec proteins are required for autophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2257-69 pubmed publisher..We propose that following autophagy induction the function of Sec2 and Sec4 are diverted to direct membrane flow to autophagosome formation. ..
- Cai D, Hoppe A, Swanson J, Verhey K. Kinesin-1 structural organization and conformational changes revealed by FRET stoichiometry in live cells. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:51-63 pubmed..For Kinesin-1, activation requires a global conformational change that separates the KHC motor and tail domains and a local conformational change that moves the KHC motor domains closer together. ..
- Ferguson C, Lenk G, Meisler M. Defective autophagy in neurons and astrocytes from mice deficient in PI(3,5)P2. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:4868-78 pubmed publisher..These results establish a role for PI(3,5)P(2) in autophagy in the mammalian central nervous system (CNS) and demonstrate that mutations affecting PI(3,5)P(2) can contribute to inclusion body disease. ..
- Kim J, Huang W, Stromhaug P, Klionsky D. Convergence of multiple autophagy and cytoplasm to vacuole targeting components to a perivacuolar membrane compartment prior to de novo vesicle formation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:763-73 pubmed
- Jang W, Weber J, Tokito M, Holzbaur E, Meisler M. Mouse p150Glued (dynactin 1) cDNA sequence and evaluation as a candidate for the neuromuscular disease mutation mnd2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;231:344-7 pubmed..Northern blot analysis, complete sequencing of the cDNA, Western blot, and functional tests of the protein did not detect any abnormalities of p150Glued in mnd2 mice. ..
- Roca H, Varsos Z, Mizutani K, Pienta K. CCL2, survivin and autophagy: new links with implications in human cancer. Autophagy. 2008;4:969-71 pubmed..How these life or death decisions are regulated remains unclear. Here we discuss the function of survivin in the control of autophagy and the interaction between CCL2, survivin and autophagy in the complex program of tumor progression. ..
- Figueroa Romero C, INIGUEZ LLUHI J, Stadler J, Chang C, Arnoult D, Keller P, et al. SUMOylation of the mitochondrial fission protein Drp1 occurs at multiple nonconsensus sites within the B domain and is linked to its activity cycle. FASEB J. 2009;23:3917-27 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests that SUMOylation of Drp1 is linked to its activity cycle and is influenced by Drp1 localization. ..
- Roca H, Varsos Z, Pienta K. CCL2 protects prostate cancer PC3 cells from autophagic death via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT-dependent survivin up-regulation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:25057-73 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings indicate that CCL2 protects prostate cancer PC3 cells from autophagic death via the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt/survivin pathway and reveal survivin as a critical molecule in this survival mechanism. ..
- Xie Z, Nair U, Klionsky D. Atg8 controls phagophore expansion during autophagosome formation. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:3290-8 pubmed publisher..This model provides a foundation for future analyses of the functions and dynamics of known autophagy-related proteins and for screening new genes. ..
- Ma J, Jin R, Jia X, Dobry C, Wang L, Reggiori F, et al. An interrelationship between autophagy and filamentous growth in budding yeast. Genetics. 2007;177:205-14 pubmed..This physiological connection highlights the central role of autophagy in regulating the cell's nutritional state and the responsiveness of PHG to that state. ..
- Fink J, Jones S, Esposito C, Wilkowski J. Human microtubule-associated protein 1a (MAP1A) gene: genomic organization, cDNA sequence, and developmental- and tissue-specific expression. Genomics. 1996;35:577-85 pubmed..Strong, interspecies conservation between human and rat MAP1a cDNA and amino acid sequences indicates important relationships between MAP1a's function and its primary amino acid sequence. ..
- Roca H, Varsos Z, Pienta K. CCL2 is a negative regulator of AMP-activated protein kinase to sustain mTOR complex-1 activation, survivin expression, and cell survival in human prostate cancer PC3 cells. Neoplasia. 2009;11:1309-17 pubmed..Altogether, these findings suggest that CCL2 hyperactivates mTORC1 through simultaneous regulation of both AMPK and Akt pathways and reveals a new network that promotes prostate cancer: CCL2-AMPK-mTORC1-survivin. ..
- Kim J, Huang W, Klionsky D. Membrane recruitment of Aut7p in the autophagy and cytoplasm to vacuole targeting pathways requires Aut1p, Aut2p, and the autophagy conjugation complex. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:51-64 pubmed..These findings define a series of steps that results in the modification of Aut7p and its subsequent binding to the sequestering transport vesicles of the autophagy and cytoplasm to vacuole targeting pathways. ..