Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Locale: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Publications746 found, 100 shown here
- Kurzer J, Saharinen P, Silvennoinen O, Carter Su C. Binding of SH2-B family members within a potential negative regulatory region maintains JAK2 in an active state. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6381-94 pubmed..Rather, they most likely induce or stabilize an active conformation of JAK2. ..
- Chen X, Inoue M, Hsu S, Saltiel A. RalA-exocyst-dependent recycling endosome trafficking is required for the completion of cytokinesis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:38609-16 pubmed..These data suggest that RalA and the exocyst may regulate vesicle delivery to the centrosome-related abscission site during the terminal stage of cytokinesis, implicating RalA as a critical regulator of cell cycle progression. ..
- Desch K, Motto D. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in humans and mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:1901-8 pubmed..Here we will review TTP in humans, and then discuss recent information gained from the analysis of ADAMTS13-deficient mice. ..
- White J, McKinney B, John M, Powers P, Kamp T, Murphy G. Conditional forebrain deletion of the L-type calcium channel Ca V 1.2 disrupts remote spatial memories in mice. Learn Mem. 2008;15:1-5 pubmed publisher..2(cKO) mice exhibited significant impairments in spatial memory when examined 30 d after training, suggesting that Ca(V)1.2 plays a critical role in consolidation of remote spatial memories. ..
- Hu Y, Papagerakis P, Ye L, Feng J, Simmer J, Hu J. Distal cis-regulatory elements are required for tissue-specific expression of enamelin (Enam). Eur J Oral Sci. 2008;116:113-23 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new insights into regulatory mechanisms governing enamelin expression. ..
- Sabbatini M, Chen X, Ernst S, Williams J. Rap1 activation plays a regulatory role in pancreatic amylase secretion. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23884-94 pubmed publisher..Rap1 activation not only mediates the cAMP-evoked response via Epac1 but is also involved in CCK- and carbachol-induced amylase release, with their action most likely mediated by CalDAG-GEF III. ..
- Rowe R, Li X, Hu Y, Saunders T, Virtanen I, Garcia de Herreros A, et al. Mesenchymal cells reactivate Snail1 expression to drive three-dimensional invasion programs. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:399-408 pubmed publisher..These findings establish key functions for the EMT regulator Snail1 after terminal differentiation of mesenchymal cells. ..
- Oscherwitz J, Yu F, Cease K. A heterologous helper T-cell epitope enhances the immunogenicity of a multiple-antigenic-peptide vaccine targeting the cryptic loop-neutralizing determinant of Bacillus anthracis protective antigen. Infect Immun. 2009;77:5509-18 pubmed publisher..P30-containing MAP304 represents a promising LND-specific vaccine for anthrax. ..
- Karnovsky A, Weymouth T, Hull T, Tarcea V, Scardoni G, Laudanna C, et al. Metscape 2 bioinformatics tool for the analysis and visualization of metabolomics and gene expression data. Bioinformatics. 2012;28:373-80 pubmed publisher..ncibi.org. It can be downloaded from http://cytoscape.org or installed via Cytoscape plugin manager. firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online. ..
- Sun Y, Jiang L, Okada R, Fu J. UV-modulated substrate rigidity for multiscale study of mechanoresponsive cellular behaviors. Langmuir. 2012;28:10789-96 pubmed publisher..Together, we demonstrated the potential of photoPDMS as a photosensitive and rigidity-tunable material for mechanobiology studies. ..
- Zanoni P, Khetarpal S, Larach D, Hancock Cerutti W, Millar J, Cuchel M, et al. Rare variant in scavenger receptor BI raises HDL cholesterol and increases risk of coronary heart disease. Science. 2016;351:1166-71 pubmed publisher..P376L carriers have a profound HDL-related phenotype and an increased risk of CHD (odds ratio = 1.79, which is statistically significant). ..
- Yang H, Wildhaber B, Teitelbaum D. 2003 Harry M. Vars Research Award. Keratinocyte growth factor improves epithelial function after massive small bowel resection. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2003;27:198-206; discussion 206-7 pubmed..KGF administration improves epithelial absorptive function and stimulates intestinal proliferation after SBS. This suggests that KGF improves intestinal adaptation after SBS and may have clinical applicability. ..
- Zhou Z, Kim J, Insolera R, Peng X, Fink D, Mata M. Rho GTPase regulation of ?-synuclein and VMAT2: implications for pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;48:29-37 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that RhoA signaling may be potential therapeutic target for the treatment of synucleinopathies. ..
- Muñoz Planillo R, Kuffa P, Martínez Colón G, Smith B, Rajendiran T, Nunez G. K? efflux is the common trigger of NLRP3 inflammasome activation by bacterial toxins and particulate matter. Immunity. 2013;38:1142-53 pubmed publisher..These results provide a unifying model for the activation of the NLRP3 inflammasome in which a drop in cytosolic K? is the common step that is necessary and sufficient for caspase-1 activation. ..
- Gantz I, Schaffer M, Delvalle J, Logsdon C, Campbell V, Uhler M, et al. Molecular cloning of a gene encoding the histamine H2 receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:429-33 pubmed..These data indicate that we have cloned a gene that encodes the H2 subclass of histamine receptors. ..
- Uhler M. Cloning and expression of a novel cyclic GMP-dependent protein kinase from mouse brain. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:13586-91 pubmed..An expression vector for mouse CGKII was constructed and transfected into COS-1 cells where it directed the expression of a protein kinase which was activated by cGMP with an apparent K alpha of 300 nM cGMP. ..
- Sorenson R, Primo Parmo S, Camper S, La Du B. The genetic mapping and gene structure of mouse paraoxonase/arylesterase. Genomics. 1995;30:431-8 pubmed..This assignment excludes Pon1 as a candidate for the atherosclerosis susceptibility genes Ath1, Ath2, and Ath3. However, Pon1 is a promising candidate for the remaining unmapped Ath genes. ..
- Clarke T, Bain P, Burmeister M, Payne A. Isolation and characterization of several members of the murine Hsd3b gene family. DNA Cell Biol. 1996;15:387-99 pubmed..Further analysis of this YAC, along with analysis of mouse genomic DNA by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis, suggests all members of the 3 betaHSD gene family may be contained on a 400-kbp fragment. ..
- Lopatin D, Combs A, Sweier D, Fenno J, Dhamija S. Characterization of heat-inducible expression and cloning of HtpG (Hsp90 homologue) of Porphyromonas gingivalis. Infect Immun. 2000;68:1980-7 pubmed..Cellular localization studies revealed that the 44- and 40-kDa species were associated with membrane and vesicle fractions, while the 68-kDa polypeptide was localized to the cytosolic fractions...
- Hiraoka M, Abe A, Shayman J. Cloning and characterization of a lysosomal phospholipase A2, 1-O-acylceramide synthase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:10090-9 pubmed..Subcellular fractionation demonstrated that ACS activity co-localized with N-acetylglucosaminidase. Therefore, LLPL encodes a novel lysosomal enzyme, ACS. ..
- Douglas C, Baghdoyan H, Lydic R. Prefrontal cortex acetylcholine release, EEG slow waves, and spindles are modulated by M2 autoreceptors in C57BL/6J mouse. J Neurophysiol. 2002;87:2817-22 pubmed..EEG slow-wave activity varies across mouse strains, and the results encourage comparative phenotyping of cortical ACh release and EEG in additional mouse models...
- Beuschlein F, Looyenga B, Bleasdale S, Mutch C, Bavers D, Parlow A, et al. Activin induces x-zone apoptosis that inhibits luteinizing hormone-dependent adrenocortical tumor formation in inhibin-deficient mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3951-64 pubmed
- Hashimoto N, Jin H, Liu T, Chensue S, Phan S. Bone marrow-derived progenitor cells in pulmonary fibrosis. J Clin Invest. 2004;113:243-52 pubmed..Thus the collagen-producing lung fibroblasts in pulmonary fibrosis can also be derived from BM progenitor cells. ..
- Zhang L, Duan C, Binkley C, Li G, Uhler M, Logsdon C, et al. A transforming growth factor beta-induced Smad3/Smad4 complex directly activates protein kinase A. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2169-80 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate an important and previously unrecognized interaction between the TGFbeta and PKA signaling pathways. ..
- Hildebrandt G, Olkiewicz K, Corrion L, Chang Y, Clouthier S, Liu C, et al. Donor-derived TNF-alpha regulates pulmonary chemokine expression and the development of idiopathic pneumonia syndrome after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Blood. 2004;104:586-93 pubmed..Collectively, these data demonstrate that donor TNF-alpha is critical to the development of IPS and reveal a heretofore unknown mechanism for T-cell-derived TNF-alpha in the evolution of this process. ..
- MacDonald B, Adamska M, Meisler M. Hypomorphic expression of Dkk1 in the doubleridge mouse: dose dependence and compensatory interactions with Lrp6. Development. 2004;131:2543-52 pubmed..These compensatory interactions between Dkk1 and Lrp6 demonstrate the importance of correctly balancing positive and negative regulation of Wnt signaling during mammalian development. ..
- Berridge K, Aldridge J, Houchard K, Zhuang X. Sequential super-stereotypy of an instinctive fixed action pattern in hyper-dopaminergic mutant mice: a model of obsessive compulsive disorder and Tourette's. BMC Biol. 2005;3:4 pubmed
- Mendias C, Marcin J, Calerdon D, Faulkner J. Contractile properties of EDL and soleus muscles of myostatin-deficient mice. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2006;101:898-905 pubmed..The results support a significant role for myostatin not only in the mass of muscles but also in the contractility and the composition of the extracellular matrix of muscles. ..
- Rutkowski D, Arnold S, Miller C, Wu J, Li J, Gunnison K, et al. Adaptation to ER stress is mediated by differential stabilities of pro-survival and pro-apoptotic mRNAs and proteins. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e374 pubmed..It underscores the contribution of posttranscriptional and posttranslational mechanisms in influencing this outcome. ..
- Tan M, Gu Q, He H, Pamarthy D, Semenza G, Sun Y. SAG/ROC2/RBX2 is a HIF-1 target gene that promotes HIF-1 alpha ubiquitination and degradation. Oncogene. 2008;27:1404-11 pubmed..Induced SAG then promotes HIF-1alpha ubiquitination and degradation. This feedback loop may serve as a cellular defensive mechanism to reduce potential cytotoxic effects of prolonged HIF-1 activation under hypoxia. ..
- Steenhuis P, Pettway G, Ignelzi M. Cell surface expression of stem cell antigen-1 (Sca-1) distinguishes osteo-, chondro-, and adipoprogenitors in fetal mouse calvaria. Calcif Tissue Int. 2008;82:44-56 pubmed publisher..Calvaria-derived osteogenic cell populations may be useful in craniofacial tissue regeneration and repair. ..
- Xiang J, Jiang H, Hu Y, Smith D, Keep R. Kyotorphin transport and metabolism in rat and mouse neonatal astrocytes. Brain Res. 2010;1347:11-8 pubmed publisher..These processes occur at similar rates and may be linked. This supports the contention that oligopeptide transport may have an impact on the extracellular clearance (and potentially activity) of certain neuropeptides. ..
- Zacharias A, Lewandoski M, Rudnicki M, Gage P. Pitx2 is an upstream activator of extraocular myogenesis and survival. Dev Biol. 2011;349:395-405 pubmed publisher..Thus, Pitx2 is the first demonstrated upstream activator of myogenesis in the extraocular muscles. ..
- Brenner J, Ateeq B, Li Y, Yocum A, Cao Q, Asangani I, et al. Mechanistic rationale for inhibition of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase in ETS gene fusion-positive prostate cancer. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:664-78 pubmed publisher..Finally, overexpression of the TMPRSS2:ERG fusion induces DNA damage, which is potentiated by PARP1 inhibition in a manner similar to that of BRCA1/2 deficiency. ..
- Jones J, Dionne L, Dell Orco J, Parent R, Krueger J, Cheng X, et al. Single amino acid deletion in transmembrane segment D4S6 of sodium channel Scn8a (Nav1.6) in a mouse mutant with a chronic movement disorder. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;89:36-45 pubmed publisher..The clinical phenotype of this severe hypomorphic mutant expands the spectrum of Scn8a disease to include a recessively inherited, chronic and progressive movement disorder. ..
- Hong X, Stegemann J, Deng C. Microscale characterization of the viscoelastic properties of hydrogel biomaterials using dual-mode ultrasound elastography. Biomaterials. 2016;88:12-24 pubmed publisher..DUE presents a novel technique for non-invasively characterizing hydrogel materials at the microscale, and therefore may have unique utility in the study of mechanobiology and the characterization of hydrogel biomaterials. ..
- Chen X, Keep R, Liang Y, Zhu H, Hammarlund Udenaes M, Hu Y, et al. Influence of peptide transporter 2 (PEPT2) on the distribution of cefadroxil in mouse brain: A microdialysis study. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;131:89-97 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate, for the first time, the impact of PEPT2 on brain ECF as well as the known role of PEPT2 in removing peptide-like drugs, such as cefadroxil, from the CSF to blood. ..
- Vanderkuur J, Allevato G, Billestrup N, Norstedt G, Carter Su C. Growth hormone-promoted tyrosyl phosphorylation of SHC proteins and SHC association with Grb2. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:7587-93 pubmed..These events are likely to be early events in GH activation of MAP kinases and possibly of other responses to GH. ..
- Easter S, Ross L, Frankfurter A. Initial tract formation in the mouse brain. J Neurosci. 1993;13:285-99 pubmed..Those that can be identified in the adult brain are very deep structures. These results are compared with previous descriptions of the embryonic brains of amphibians, fish, birds, and other mammals, including humans. ..
- Moore T, Perry M, Getsoian A, Monteleon C, Cogen A, Standiford T. Increased mortality and dysregulated cytokine production in tumor necrosis factor receptor 1-deficient mice following systemic Klebsiella pneumoniae infection. Infect Immun. 2003;71:4891-900 pubmed
- Krebs C, Larkins L, Khan S, Robins D. Expansion and diversification of KRAB zinc-finger genes within a cluster including Regulator of sex-limitation 1 and 2. Genomics. 2005;85:752-61 pubmed..This suggests that the Rsl locus in mouse, and comparable KRAB-ZFP genes in other mammals, may play a role in speciation via modulation of expression of genes influencing reproductive fitness or behavior. ..
- Hollister S, Saito E, Lin C, Schek R, Taboas J, Williams J, et al. Engineering craniofacial scaffolds. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2005;8:162-73 pubmed..The designed scaffolds supported significant bone regeneration for all pore sizes ranging from 300 to 1200 microns. These results suggest that designed scaffolds are clinically applicable for complex craniofacial reconstruction. ..
- Robins D, Samuelson L. Retrotransposons and the evolution of mammalian gene expression. Genetica. 1992;86:191-201 pubmed..The second example shows that within the human amylase gene family, salivary specific expression has arisen due to inserted sequences, deriving perhaps from a conjunction of two retrotransposable elements. ..
- Knapp L, Keegan C, Seasholtz A, Camper S. Corticotropin-releasing hormone (Crh) maps to mouse chromosome 3. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:615-7 pubmed
- Friis Hansen L, Rourke I, Bundgaard J, Rehfeld J, Samuelson L. Molecular structure and genetic mapping of the mouse gastrin gene. FEBS Lett. 1996;386:128-32 pubmed..The gastrin gene was mapped to the distal region of mouse chromosome 11. ..
- Stofega M, Wang H, Ullrich A, Carter Su C. Growth hormone regulation of SIRP and SHP-2 tyrosyl phosphorylation and association. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:7112-7 pubmed..These results suggest that SIRPalpha is a signaling molecule for GH but not for LIF or IFNgamma. Differential phosphorylation of SIRPalpha and SHP-2 may contribute to the distinct physiological effects of these ligands. ..
- MacNeil R, Berry J, Strayhorn C, Shigeyama Y, Somerman M. Expression of type I and XII collagen during development of the periodontal ligament in the mouse. Arch Oral Biol. 1998;43:779-87 pubmed..These findings suggest that type XII expression is timed with the alignment and organization of PDL fibres and is limited in tooth development to cells within the periodontal ligament. ..
- Hall K, Collins S, Gamm D, Massa E, DePaoli Roach A, Uhler M. Phosphorylation-dependent inhibition of protein phosphatase-1 by G-substrate. A Purkinje cell substrate of the cyclic GMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:3485-95 pubmed..These results provide the first demonstration that G-substrate inhibits protein phosphatase-1 and suggest a novel mechanism by which cGMP-dependent protein kinase I can regulate the activity of the type 1 protein phosphatases. ..
- Hakki S, Berry J, Somerman M. The effect of enamel matrix protein derivative on follicle cells in vitro. J Periodontol. 2001;72:679-87 pubmed..Furthermore, EMD can regulate follicle cell activity, thus suggesting that epithelial-mesenchymal interactions may be important during development of periodontal tissues. ..
- Lukacs N, Tekkanat K, Berlin A, Hogaboam C, Miller A, Evanoff H, et al. Respiratory syncytial virus predisposes mice to augmented allergic airway responses via IL-13-mediated mechanisms. J Immunol. 2001;167:1060-5 pubmed..Overall, infection of the airways with RSV can induce an IL-13-dependent change in airway function and promotes an environment that contributes to the development of severe allergic asthmatic responses. ..
- Hu C, Chinenov Y, Kerppola T. Visualization of interactions among bZIP and Rel family proteins in living cells using bimolecular fluorescence complementation. Mol Cell. 2002;9:789-98 pubmed..These results attest to the general applicability of the BiFC assay for studies of protein interactions. ..
- Kim H, Flanagin B, Qin C, Macdonald R, Stitzel J. The mouse Chrna4 A529T polymorphism alters the ratio of high to low affinity alpha 4 beta 2 nAChRs. Neuropharmacology. 2003;45:345-54 pubmed
- Dang L, Chen F, Ying C, Chun S, Knock S, Appelman H, et al. CDX2 has tumorigenic potential in the human colon cancer cell lines LOVO and SW48. Oncogene. 2006;25:2264-72 pubmed..These data demonstrate that CDX2 mediates anchorage-independent growth and survival. Thus, CDX2 has tumorigenic potential in the human colon cancer cell lines LOVO and SW48. ..
- Roth T, Ramamurthy P, Ebisu F, Lisak R, Bealmear B, Barald K. A mouse embryonic stem cell model of Schwann cell differentiation for studies of the role of neurofibromatosis type 1 in Schwann cell development and tumor formation. Glia. 2007;55:1123-33 pubmed
- Else T, Theisen B, Wu Y, Hutz J, Keegan C, Hammer G, et al. Tpp1/Acd maintains genomic stability through a complex role in telomere protection. Chromosome Res. 2007;15:1001-13 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies show that Tpp1/Acd plays a vital role in telomere protection, but likely has additional functions yet to be defined. ..
- Csomos R, Brady G, Duckett C. Enhanced cytoprotective effects of the inhibitor of apoptosis protein cellular IAP1 through stabilization with TRAF2. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20531-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study describes an intriguing cytoprotective mechanism utilized by c-IAP1 and provides critical insight into how IAP proteins function to alter the apoptotic threshold. ..
- Sabeh F, Li X, Saunders T, Rowe R, Weiss S. Secreted versus membrane-anchored collagenases: relative roles in fibroblast-dependent collagenolysis and invasion. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23001-11 pubmed publisher..Hence, whereas secreted collagenases arm fibroblasts with potent matrix-resorptive activity, only MT1-MMP confers the focal collagenolytic activity necessary for supporting the tissue-invasive phenotype. ..
- Tsui C, Pierchala B. The differential axonal degradation of Ret accounts for cell-type-specific function of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor as a retrograde survival factor. J Neurosci. 2010;30:5149-58 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the local degradation of Ret in axons dictates whether GDNF family ligands act as retrograde survival factors. ..
- McAllister Lucas L, Jin X, Gu S, Siu K, McDonnell S, Ruland J, et al. The CARMA3-Bcl10-MALT1 signalosome promotes angiotensin II-dependent vascular inflammation and atherogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25880-4 pubmed publisher..By uncovering a novel vascular role for the CBM signalosome, these findings illustrate that CBM-dependent signaling has functions outside the realm of adaptive immunity and impacts pathobiology more broadly than previously known. ..
- ..This work advances understanding of the transcriptional regulation of cell fate decisions and may help direct the development of new therapies to fight age-related bone loss. ..
- Miller S, Joshi B, Feng Y, Gaustad A, Fearon E, Wang T. In vivo fluorescence-based endoscopic detection of colon dysplasia in the mouse using a novel peptide probe. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17384 pubmed publisher..This finding highlights an innovative strategy for targeted detection to localize pre-malignant lesions that can be generalized to the epithelium of hollow organs. ..
- Kryczek I, Liu S, Roh M, Vatan L, Szeliga W, Wei S, et al. Expression of aldehyde dehydrogenase and CD133 defines ovarian cancer stem cells. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:29-39 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the data suggest that ALDH+ and CD133+ cells are enriched with ovarian cancer-initiating (stem) cells and that ALDH and CD133 may be widely used as reliable markers to investigate ovarian cancer stem cell biology. ..
- Buis J, Stoneham T, Spehalski E, Ferguson D. Mre11 regulates CtIP-dependent double-strand break repair by interaction with CDK2. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:246-52 pubmed publisher..Therefore, functions of MRN are not restricted to DNA damage responses but include regulating homologous recombination capacity during the normal mammalian cell cycle. ..
- Yao J, Jia L, Khan N, Zheng Q, Moncrief A, Hauswirth W, et al. Caspase inhibition with XIAP as an adjunct to AAV vector gene-replacement therapy: improving efficacy and prolonging the treatment window. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37197 pubmed publisher..In addition, AAV5-XIAP, when given early, can increase the age at which gene-replacement therapy remains effective, thus effectively prolonging the window of opportunity for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Hu B, Wu Z, Hergert P, Henke C, Bitterman P, Phan S. Regulation of myofibroblast differentiation by poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:71-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PARylation is important for myofibroblast differentiation and the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Patterson K, Zhang X, Wrobleski S, Hawley A, Lawrence D, Wakefield T, et al. Rosuvastatin reduced deep vein thrombosis in ApoE gene deleted mice with hyperlipidemia through non-lipid lowering effects. Thromb Res. 2013;131:268-76 pubmed publisher..This work supports the beneficial effects of rosuvastatin on venous thrombosis in mice with hyperlipidemia, due to its non-lipid lowering effects. ..
- Isozaki T, Arbab A, Haas C, Amin M, Arendt M, Koch A, et al. Evidence that CXCL16 is a potent mediator of angiogenesis and is involved in endothelial progenitor cell chemotaxis : studies in mice with K/BxN serum-induced arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:1736-46 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CXCL16 and its receptor CXCR6 may be a central ligand/receptor pair that is closely associated with EPC recruitment and blood vessel formation in the RA joint. ..
- Armbruster C, Forsyth DeOrnellas V, Johnson A, Smith S, Zhao L, Wu W, et al. Genome-wide transposon mutagenesis of Proteus mirabilis: Essential genes, fitness factors for catheter-associated urinary tract infection, and the impact of polymicrobial infection on fitness requirements. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006434 pubmed publisher..mirabilis CAUTI incidence and severity. ..
- El Aouni C, Herbach N, Blattner S, Henger A, Rastaldi M, Jarad G, et al. Podocyte-specific deletion of integrin-linked kinase results in severe glomerular basement membrane alterations and progressive glomerulosclerosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006;17:1334-44 pubmed
- Schweitzer G, Castorena C, Hamada T, Funai K, Arias E, Cartee G. The B2 receptor of bradykinin is not essential for the post-exercise increase in glucose uptake by insulin-stimulated mouse skeletal muscle. Physiol Res. 2011;60:511-9 pubmed..These results indicate that the B2R is not essential for the exercise-induced decrements in blood glucose or plasma insulin or for the post-exercise increase in GU by insulin-stimulated mouse soleus muscle. ..
- Olsen S, Uhler M. Isolation and characterization of cDNA clones for an inhibitor protein of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:11158-62 pubmed..Southern blot analysis indicated a single prominent species of genomic DNA sequence related to the mouse PKI cDNA clones but a minor species was also detected. ..
- Smit L, Vanderkuur J, Stimage A, Han Y, Luo G, Yu Lee L, et al. Growth hormone-induced tyrosyl phosphorylation and deoxyribonucleic acid binding activity of Stat5A and Stat5B. Endocrinology. 1997;138:3426-34 pubmed
- Xu H, Barks J, Schielke G, Silverstein F. Attenuation of hypoxia-ischemia-induced monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in brain of neonatal mice deficient in interleukin-1 converting enzyme. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2001;90:57-67 pubmed..These results demonstrate both that the acute inflammatory response to hypoxia-ischemia is attenuated in ICE -/- animals, and also that hypoxic-ischemic brain injury stimulates MCP-1 expression even in the absence of IL-1beta activity. ..
- Kimura A, Mora S, Shigematsu S, Pessin J, Saltiel A. The insulin receptor catalyzes the tyrosine phosphorylation of caveolin-1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:30153-8 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that the insulin receptor directly catalyzes the tyrosine phosphorylation of caveolin. ..
- Coutu P, Bennett C, Favre E, Day S, Metzger J. Parvalbumin corrects slowed relaxation in adult cardiac myocytes expressing hypertrophic cardiomyopathy-linked alpha-tropomyosin mutations. Circ Res. 2004;94:1235-41 pubmed..Collectively, these findings show that slow relaxation caused by alpha-Tm mutants can be corrected by modifying calcium handling with Parv. ..
- Hoppe A, Swanson J. Cdc42, Rac1, and Rac2 display distinct patterns of activation during phagocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3509-19 pubmed..These distinct roles for Cdc42, Rac1, and Rac2 in the component activities of phagocytosis indicate mechanisms by which their differential regulation coordinates rearrangements of actin and membranes. ..
- Kang W, Rathinavelu S, Samuelson L, Merchant J. Interferon gamma induction of gastric mucous neck cell hypertrophy. Lab Invest. 2005;85:702-15 pubmed
- Bradley S, Oravecz Wilson K, Bougeard G, Mizukami I, Li L, Munaco A, et al. Serum antibodies to huntingtin interacting protein-1: a new blood test for prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2005;65:4126-33 pubmed..These data suggest that HIP1 plays a functional role in tumorigenesis and that a positive HIP1 autoantibody test may be an important serum marker of prostate cancer. ..
- Ransom R, Lam N, Hallett M, Atkinson S, Smoyer W. Glucocorticoids protect and enhance recovery of cultured murine podocytes via actin filament stabilization. Kidney Int. 2005;68:2473-83 pubmed
- Wong G, Conger S, Burmeister M. Mapping of genetic modifiers affecting the eye phenotype of ocular retardation (Chx10or-J) mice. Mamm Genome. 2006;17:518-25 pubmed..Our scan revealed significant loci on Chromosomes 6 and 14 where the CASA/Rk alleles are maintained selectively. Markers were developed near candidate genes, but no candidate gene could be identified unequivocally. ..
- Wright W, Longo K, Dolinsky V, Gerin I, Kang S, Bennett C, et al. Wnt10b inhibits obesity in ob/ob and agouti mice. Diabetes. 2007;56:295-303 pubmed..Reduced expression of inflammatory cytokines may also contribute to improved glucose homeostasis. ..
- Bauler T, Hughes E, Arimura Y, Mustelin T, Saunders T, King P. Normal TCR signal transduction in mice that lack catalytically active PTPN3 protein tyrosine phosphatase. J Immunol. 2007;178:3680-7 pubmed..We conclude, therefore, that the phosphatase activity of PTPN3 is dispensable for negative regulation of TCR signal transduction and T cell activation. ..
- Glaros S, Cirrincione G, Muchardt C, Kleer C, Michael C, Reisman D. The reversible epigenetic silencing of BRM: implications for clinical targeted therapy. Oncogene. 2007;26:7058-66 pubmed..Thus, BRG1 and BRM are silenced by different mechanisms, and it may be possible to clinically target and reexpress BRM in a number of tumor types, potentially impacting tumor development. ..
- Akala O, Park I, Qian D, Pihalja M, Becker M, Clarke M. Long-term haematopoietic reconstitution by Trp53-/-p16Ink4a-/-p19Arf-/- multipotent progenitors. Nature. 2008;453:228-32 pubmed publisher..These pathways are commonly repressed in cancer, suggesting a mechanism by which early progenitor cells could gain the ability to self-renew and become malignant with further oncogenic mutations. ..
- CESENA T, Cui T, Subramanian L, Fulton C, INIGUEZ LLUHI J, Kwok R, et al. Acetylation and deacetylation regulate CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta at K39 in mediating gene transcription. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;289:94-101 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that acetylation of C/EBPbeta at K39 is an important and dynamic regulatory event that contributes to its ability to transactivate target genes, including those associated with adipogenesis and adipocyte function. ..