Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on kinetics in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Locale: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Publications240 found, 100 shown here
- Wolfe A, O Brien P. Kinetic mechanism for the flipping and excision of 1,N(6)-ethenoadenine by human alkyladenine DNA glycosylase. Biochemistry. 2009;48:11357-69 pubmed publisher..Finally, the highly favorable equilibrium for flipping of epsilonA ensures that epsilonA removal is independent of sequence context and highly efficient despite the relatively slow rate of N-glycosidic bond hydrolysis. ..
- Tsodikov O, Biswas T. Structural and thermodynamic signatures of DNA recognition by Mycobacterium tuberculosis DnaA. J Mol Biol. 2011;410:461-76 pubmed publisher..The understanding of DnaA-box recognition by MtDnaA and E. coli DnaA enables one to map DnaA-box sequences in the genomes of M. tuberculosis and other eubacteria. ..
- Cheng W, Arunajadai S, Moffitt J, Tinoco I, Bustamante C. Single-base pair unwinding and asynchronous RNA release by the hepatitis C virus NS3 helicase. Science. 2011;333:1746-9 pubmed publisher..Asynchronous release of nascent nucleotides rationalizes various observations of its dsNA unwinding and may be used to coordinate the translocation speed of NS3 along the RNA during viral replication...
- Chung D, Wade S, Fowler C, Woods D, Abada P, Mosberg H, et al. Mutagenesis and peptide analysis of the DRY motif in the alpha2A adrenergic receptor: evidence for alternate mechanisms in G protein-coupled receptors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1233-41 pubmed..These results indicate that the alpha2A AR does not follow the conventional GPCR mechanistic paradigm with respect to the function of the DRY motif. ..
- Chen F, D Auria J, Tholl D, Ross J, Gershenzon J, Noel J, et al. An Arabidopsis thaliana gene for methylsalicylate biosynthesis, identified by a biochemical genomics approach, has a role in defense. Plant J. 2003;36:577-88 pubmed..Upon thrip damage to leaves, AtBSMT1 promoter activity was induced specifically around the lesions. ..
- Pitchiaya S, Androsavich J, Walter N. Intracellular single molecule microscopy reveals two kinetically distinct pathways for microRNA assembly. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:709-15 pubmed publisher..iSHiRLOC achieves an unprecedented resolution in the visualization of functional miRNAs, paving the way to understanding RNA silencing through single-molecule systems biology. ..
- Martell K, Levy G, Weber W. Cloned mouse N-acetyltransferases: enzymatic properties of expressed Nat-1 and Nat-2 gene products. Mol Pharmacol. 1992;42:265-72 pubmed..Comparison of the rates of translation of the rapid and slow isoforms of NAT-2 in an in vitro system showed that NAT-2(99asn) was translated at approximately twice the rate of NAT-2(99ile).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Sellinger O, Wolfson M. Carboxylmethylation affects the proteolysis of myelin basic protein by Staphylococcus aureus V8 proteinase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1991;1080:110-8 pubmed..8, also disclose that the proteinase totally failed to recognize and hence cleave the two Glu-X bonds (Glu-82-Asn-83 and Glu-118-Gly-119) of MBP, preferring to cleave the protein at a number of hitherto unreported sites. ..
- Fisher G, Henderson P, Voorhees J, Baldassare J. Epidermal growth factor-induced hydrolysis of phosphatidylcholine by phospholipase D and phospholipase C in human dermal fibroblasts. J Cell Physiol. 1991;146:309-17 pubmed..Thus, the induction of 1,2-diacylglycerol by EGF may occur primarily via phospholipase C-catalyzed hydrolysis of phosphatidylcholine. ..
- Patil R, Datta P. Amino acid sequence of the regulatory-site glyoxylate peptide of biodegradative threonine dehydratase of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:3379-84 pubmed..These results are interpreted to mean that enzyme inactivation by glyoxylate in E. coli cells is associated with covalent protein modification. ..
- Abbaszade I, Clarke T, Park C, Payne A. The mouse 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase multigene family includes two functionally distinct groups of proteins. Mol Endocrinol. 1995;9:1214-22 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Hopkins N, Williams C. Lipoamide dehydrogenase from Escherichia coli lacking the redox active disulfide: C44S and C49S. Redox properties of the FAD and interactions with pyridine nucleotides. Biochemistry. 1995;34:11766-76 pubmed..Fluorescence and absorbance spectrophotometry were used to determine the binding of NAD+ to the oxidized forms of the enzymes as 275 microM and 270 microM for C44S and C49S, respectively. ..
- Duan R, Zheng C, Guan K, Williams J. Activation of MAP kinase kinase (MEK) and Ras by cholecystokinin in rat pancreatic acini. Am J Physiol. 1995;268:G1060-5 pubmed..In conclusion, the activation of MAP kinase by CCK can be explained by activation of MEK and may involve the activation of Ras by a protein kinase C-dependent mechanism...
- Ernsting B, Denninger J, Blumenthal R, Matthews R. Regulation of the gltBDF operon of Escherichia coli: how is a leucine-insensitive operon regulated by the leucine-responsive regulatory protein?. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7160-9 pubmed..At lower concentrations of Lrp, transcription of the target gene should be sensitive to leucine. This model suggests that regulation of the concentration of active Lrp is critical to control of the Lrp regulon. ..
- Collins S, Uhler M. Characterization of PKIgamma, a novel isoform of the protein kinase inhibitor of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:18169-78 pubmed..These results demonstrate that PKIgamma is a novel, functional PKI isoform that accounts for the previously observed discrepancy between PKI activity and PKI mRNA levels in several mammalian tissues. ..
- Jiang P, Ninfa A. Regulation of autophosphorylation of Escherichia coli nitrogen regulator II by the PII signal transduction protein. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:1906-11 pubmed
- Desai K, Mallery S, Schwendeman S. Formulation and characterization of injectable poly(DL-lactide-co-glycolide) implants loaded with N-acetylcysteine, a MMP inhibitor. Pharm Res. 2008;25:586-97 pubmed
- Marvin M, Engelke D. Broadening the mission of an RNA enzyme. J Cell Biochem. 2009;108:1244-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, increased protein content correlated with evolution from bacteria to eukaryotes has further enhanced substrate potential enabling the enzyme to function in a complex cellular environment. ..
- Davies B, Norgan A, Payne J, Schulz M, Nichols M, TAN J, et al. Vps4 stimulatory element of the cofactor Vta1 contacts the ATPase Vps4 Î±7 and Î±9 to stimulate ATP hydrolysis. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:28707-18 pubmed publisher..These findings have uncovered the Vps4 surface responsible for coordinating ESCRT-III-stimulated Vta1 input during ESCRT function and identified a novel mechanism of Vps4 stimulation. ..
- Hietala D, Faeth J, Savage P. A quantitative kinetic model for the fast and isothermal hydrothermal liquefaction of Nannochloropsis sp. Bioresour Technol. 2016;214:102-111 pubmed publisher..We highlight potential trade-offs between maximizing biocrude quantity and facilitating aqueous phase recovery, which may improve biocrude quality. ..
- Muehl E, Gajsiewicz J, Medfisch S, Wiersma Z, Morrissey J, Bailey R. Multiplexed silicon photonic sensor arrays enable facile characterization of coagulation protein binding to nanodiscs with variable lipid content. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16249-16256 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the combination of silicon photonic microring resonator arrays and nanodiscs enables rapid interrogation of biomolecular binding interactions at model cell membrane interfaces. ..
- Bain P, Yoo M, Clarke T, Hammond S, Payne A. Multiple forms of mouse 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4 isomerase and differential expression in gonads, adrenal glands, liver, and kidneys of both sexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:8870-4 pubmed..The results demonstrate that the mouse liver is a significant site of 3 beta HSD activity and demonstrate the existence of multiple 3 beta HSD structural genes in the mouse. ..
- Fischer Bovenkerk C, Kish P, Ueda T. ATP-dependent glutamate uptake into synaptic vesicles from cerebellar mutant mice. J Neurochem. 1988;51:1054-9 pubmed
- Curnow A, Garcia G. tRNA-guanine transglycosylase from Escherichia coli: recognition of dimeric, unmodified tRNA(Tyr). Biochimie. 1994;76:1183-91 pubmed..Here we find that our earlier conclusion, that the recognition elements for TGT are localized within the anticodon arm of cognate tRNAs, is supported. ..
- Mulrooney S, Williams C. Potential active-site base of thioredoxin reductase from Escherichia coli: examination of histidine245 and aspartate139 by site-directed mutagenesis. Biochemistry. 1994;33:3148-54 pubmed..23 s-1-about 1% that of wild-type enzyme. We suggest that Asp139 is the active-site acid catalyst which functions to protonate the thiolate anion of reduced thioredoxin.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Wick P, Westenbroek R, Holz R. Effects of expression of a mouse brain L-type calcium channel alpha 1 subunit on secretion from bovine adrenal chromaffin cells. Mol Pharmacol. 1996;49:295-302 pubmed
- Palfey B, Moran G, Entsch B, Ballou D, Massey V. Substrate recognition by "password" in p-hydroxybenzoate hydroxylase. Biochemistry. 1999;38:1153-8 pubmed..The linkage of substrate deprotonation to flavin movement constitutes a novel mode of molecular recognition in which the enzyme tests the suitability of aromatic substrates before committing to the catalytic cycle. ..
- Ho G, MacKenzie R. Functional characterization of mutations in melanocortin-4 receptor associated with human obesity. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35816-22 pubmed..Thus, unlike the obesity-associated MC4R truncation mutants, the polymorphisms of MC4R are unlikely to be contributors to human obesity. ..
- Shin H, Landowski C, Sun D, Vig B, Kim I, Mittal S, et al. Functional expression and characterization of a sodium-dependent nucleoside transporter hCNT2 cloned from human duodenum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;307:696-703 pubmed..This suggests that hCNT2 (and rCNT2) may have a significant role in uptake of nucleoside drugs from the intestine and is a potential transporter target for the development of nucleoside and nucleoside-mimetic drugs. ..
- Brender J, Dertouzos J, Ballou D, Massey V, Palfey B, Entsch B, et al. Conformational dynamics of the isoalloxazine in substrate-free p-hydroxybenzoate hydroxylase: single-molecule studies. J Am Chem Soc. 2005;127:18171-8 pubmed..Our data also allow us to hypothesize a model in which one flavin in the dimer inhibits the motion of the other. ..
- Feng Y, Coward J. Prodrug forms of N-[(4-deoxy-4-amino-10-methyl)pteroyl]glutamate-gamma-[psiP(O)(OH)]-glutarate, a potent inhibitor of folylpoly-gamma-glutamate synthetase: synthesis and hydrolytic stability. J Med Chem. 2006;49:770-88 pubmed..Stability of the prodrugs was investigated in both phosphate buffer and cell line medium to provide a rationale for the observed biological data...
- Jeong H, Hayes K. Reductive dechlorination of tetrachloroethylene and trichloroethylene by mackinawite (FeS) in the presence of metals: reaction rates. Environ Sci Technol. 2007;41:6390-6 pubmed..The dechlorination rates of PCE and TCE significantly varied with Fe(ll) amendment concentrations (Fe(II)0), indicating the presence of different types of solid-bound Fe phases with Fe(II)o. ..
- Cheriyan M, Toone E, Fierke C. Mutagenesis of the phosphate-binding pocket of KDPG aldolase enhances selectivity for hydrophobic substrates. Protein Sci. 2007;16:2368-77 pubmed..Furthermore, the S184L KDPG aldolase mutant improves the catalytic efficiency for the synthesis of a precursor for nikkomycin by 40-fold, making it a useful biocatalyst for the preparation of fine chemicals. ..
- Biswas T, Pero J, Joseph C, Tsodikov O. DNA-dependent ATPase activity of bacterial XPB helicases. Biochemistry. 2009;48:2839-48 pubmed publisher..The inefficient ATP hydrolysis by bacterial XPB is consistent with nonprocessive functions of its eukaryotic homologue in locally remodeling DNA during transcription initiation and NER. ..
- Luker K, Gupta M, Steele J, Foerster B, Luker G. Imaging ligand-dependent activation of CXCR7. Neoplasia. 2009;11:1022-35 pubmed
- Sun J, Dahan A, Amidon G. Enhancing the intestinal absorption of molecules containing the polar guanidino functionality: a double-targeted prodrug approach. J Med Chem. 2010;53:624-32 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a prodrug strategy is effective at increasing the intestinal permeability of polar guanidino analogues via targeting hPEPT1 for transport and hVACVase for activation. ..
- Zelik K, Kuo A. Mechanical work as an indirect measure of subjective costs influencing human movement. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31143 pubmed publisher..The degree to which work is not minimized may indirectly quantify the relative valuation of costs that are otherwise difficult to measure. ..
- Peng H, Auchus R. Two surfaces of cytochrome b5 with major and minor contributions to CYP3A4-catalyzed steroid and nifedipine oxygenation chemistries. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2014;541:53-60 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that a minor population of CYP3A4 molecules remains sensitive to b5 mutation E48G/E49G, consistent with phospholipid-dependent conformational heterogeneity of CYP3A4. ..
- Bauer H, Massey V, Arscott L, Schirmer R, Ballou D, Williams C. The mechanism of high Mr thioredoxin reductase from Drosophila melanogaster. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:33020-8 pubmed..Additional data suggest that Cys57 attacks Cys490' in the interchange reaction between the N-terminal dithiol and the C-terminal disulfide. ..
- Browning K, Kalyuzhny A, Travagli R. Mu-opioid receptor trafficking on inhibitory synapses in the rat brainstem. J Neurosci. 2004;24:7344-52 pubmed..By consequence, the inhibitory actions of opioid peptides in the dorsal vagal complex may depend on the state of activation of brainstem vagal circuits. ..
- Zhao B, O Brien P. Kinetic mechanism for the excision of hypoxanthine by Escherichia coli AlkA and evidence for binding to DNA ends. Biochemistry. 2011;50:4350-9 pubmed publisher..This tight binding could help protect abasic sites when the adaptive response to DNA alkylation is activated and very high levels of AlkA protein are present. ..
- Dekker E, Kitson R. 2-Keto-4-hydroxyglutarate aldolase: purification and characterization of the homogeneous enzyme from bovine kidney. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:10507-14 pubmed
- Kojiro C, Marceau M, Shafer J. Effect of potassium ion on the phosphorus-31 nuclear magnetic resonance spectrum of the pyridoxal 5'-phosphate cofactor of Escherichia coli D-serine dehydratase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1989;268:67-73 pubmed..The chemical shift difference between the two resonances indicated that the K+-stabilized and Na+-stabilized forms of the enzyme interconvert at a frequency less than 16 s-1 at pH 7.8, 25 degrees C. ..
- Epperly B, Dekker E. Inactivation of Escherichia coli L-threonine dehydrogenase by 2,3-butanedione. Evidence for a catalytically essential arginine residue. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:18296-301 pubmed..L. (1962) Sci. Sin. 11, 1535-1558) demonstrates that inactivation of threonine dehydrogenase correlates with the loss of 1 "essential" arginine residue/subunit which quite likely is located in the NAD+/NADH binding site...
- Curnow A, Kung F, Koch K, Garcia G. tRNA-guanine transglycosylase from Escherichia coli: gross tRNA structural requirements for recognition. Biochemistry. 1993;32:5239-46 pubmed..A 17-base oligoribonucleotide, corresponding to the anticodon loop and stem, is also a substrate for TGT with only a 20-fold loss in Vmax/KM, versus the full-length tRNA.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Sheppard C, Trimmer E, Matthews R. Purification and properties of NADH-dependent 5, 10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MetF) from Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:718-25 pubmed
- Ortiz Maldonado M, Ballou D, Massey V. Use of free energy relationships to probe the individual steps of hydroxylation of p-hydroxybenzoate hydroxylase: studies with a series of 8-substituted flavins. Biochemistry. 1999;38:8124-37 pubmed..e., with an electron-withdrawing substituent at the 8-position) is bound to PHBH. On the basis of QSAR analysis, we conclude that the mechanism of the hydroxylation step is best described by electrophilic aromatic substitution. ..
- Jakob U, Eser M, Bardwell J. Redox switch of hsp33 has a novel zinc-binding motif. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:38302-10 pubmed..This ionization may allow for the fast and successful activation of the chaperone function of Hsp33 upon incubation in oxidizing agents. ..
- Sun L, Bittner M, Holz R. Rab3a binding and secretion-enhancing domains in Rim1 are separate and unique. Studies in adrenal chromaffin cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12911-7 pubmed
- Palfey B, Basu R, Frederick K, Entsch B, Ballou D. Role of protein flexibility in the catalytic cycle of p-hydroxybenzoate hydroxylase elucidated by the Pro293Ser mutant. Biochemistry. 2002;41:8438-46 pubmed..iii) The change in the position of Asn 300 triggers the movement of the flavin from the largely buried "in" conformation to the exposed, reactive "out" conformation. ..
- Meredith T, Woodard R. Escherichia coli YrbH is a D-arabinose 5-phosphate isomerase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32771-7 pubmed..The value of Keq (Ru5P/A5P) is 0.50 +/- 0.06. Homology searches of the E. coli genome suggest yrbH may be one of multiple genes that encode proteins with API activity. ..
- Pattridge K, Weber C, Friesen J, Sanker S, Kent C, Ludwig M. Glycerol-3-phosphate cytidylyltransferase. Structural changes induced by binding of CDP-glycerol and the role of lysine residues in catalysis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:51863-71 pubmed..Roles of lysines 44 and 46 in catalysis have been confirmed by mutagenesis of these residues to alanine, which decreases Vmax(app) and has profound effects on the Km(app) for glycerol-3-phosphate. ..
- Rodríguez Spong B, Price C, Jayasankar A, Matzger A, Rodríguez Hornedo N. General principles of pharmaceutical solid polymorphism: a supramolecular perspective. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2004;56:241-74 pubmed..This review describes pharmaceutical solids in terms of supramolecular chemistry and crystal engineering concepts, and discusses the events that control crystallization and solid phase transformations. ..
- Yang Z, Huang J, Geng J, Nair U, Klionsky D. Atg22 recycles amino acids to link the degradative and recycling functions of autophagy. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:5094-104 pubmed..We propose a "recycling" model that includes the efflux of macromolecules from the lysosome/vacuole as the final step of autophagy. ..
- Abend J, Low J, Imperiale M. Inhibitory effect of gamma interferon on BK virus gene expression and replication. J Virol. 2007;81:272-9 pubmed..5 and 80-fold at an MOI of 0.1. The inhibitory effects of IFN-gamma were similar for three different strains of BKV examined. These results indicate an important role for IFN-gamma in regulating BKV lytic infection. ..
- Chen Y, Kelly V, Stachura S, Garcia G. Characterization of the human tRNA-guanine transglycosylase: confirmation of the heterodimeric subunit structure. RNA. 2010;16:958-68 pubmed publisher..hQTRTD1 has been implicated as the salvage enzyme that generates free queuine from QMP. Work is ongoing in our laboratory to confirm this activity. ..
- Huh Y, Hynes S, Smith D, Feng M. Importance of Peptide transporter 2 on the cerebrospinal fluid efflux kinetics of glycylsarcosine characterized by nonlinear mixed effects modeling. Pharm Res. 2013;30:1423-34 pubmed publisher..Due to the availability of PEPT2 knockout mice, we were able to quantitatively determine the significance of PEPT2 in the efflux kinetics of GlySar at the blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier. ..
- Ahuja S, Jahr N, Im S, Vivekanandan S, Popovych N, Le Clair S, et al. A model of the membrane-bound cytochrome b5-cytochrome P450 complex from NMR and mutagenesis data. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:22080-95 pubmed publisher..We have also shown that the addition of a substrate to cytP450 likely strengthens the cytb5-cytP450 interaction. This study paves the way to obtaining valuable structural, functional, and dynamic information on membrane-bound complexes...
- Phan S, McGarry B, Loeffler K, Kunkel S. Binding of leukotriene C4 to rat lung fibroblasts and stimulation of collagen synthesis in vitro. Biochemistry. 1988;27:2846-53 pubmed..Furthermore, no significant conversion of LTC4 to LTD4 or leukotriene E4 was noted during the binding studies.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Mukherjee J, Dekker E. Purification, properties, and N-terminal amino acid sequence of homogeneous Escherichia coli 2-amino-3-ketobutyrate CoA ligase, a pyridoxal phosphate-dependent enzyme. J Biol Chem. 1987;262:14441-7 pubmed..Apparent Km values for acetyl-CoA, n-propionyl-CoA, and glycine are 59 microM, 80 microM, and 12 mM, respectively; the pH optimum = 7.5. Added divalent metal ions or sulfhydryl compounds inhibited catalysis of the condensation reaction. ..
- Meng F, Xie G, Thompson R, Mansour A, Goldstein A, Watson S, et al. Cloning and pharmacological characterization of a rat kappa opioid receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:9954-8 pubmed..These observations indicate that we have cloned a cDNA encoding a rat kappa receptor of the kappa 1 subtype. ..
- Stone R, Zalkin H, Dixon J. Expression, purification, and kinetic characterization of recombinant human adenylosuccinate lyase. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:19710-6 pubmed..The kinetic constants at pH 7.0, 25 degrees C and the kcat/Km versus pH profiles for ASL and S413P ASL were very similar. These results are consistent with S413P being a structural rather than a catalytic defect. ..
- Denu J, Lohse D, Vijayalakshmi J, Saper M, Dixon J. Visualization of intermediate and transition-state structures in protein-tyrosine phosphatase catalysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:2493-8 pubmed..Consistent with the NMR, x-ray, biochemical, and kinetic data, a unifying mechanism for catalysis is proposed...
- Kohrman D, Smith M, Goldin A, Harris J, Meisler M. A missense mutation in the sodium channel Scn8a is responsible for cerebellar ataxia in the mouse mutant jolting. J Neurosci. 1996;16:5993-9 pubmed..A shift in the threshold of the Scn8a channel could account for the reduced spontaneous activity of Purkinje cells, reduced inhibitory output from the cerebellum, and loss of motor control observed in jolting mice. ..
- Kung F, Nonekowski S, Garcia G. tRNA-guanine transglycosylase from Escherichia coli: recognition of noncognate-cognate chimeric tRNA and discovery of a novel recognition site within the TpsiC arm of tRNA(Phe). RNA. 2000;6:233-44 pubmed..Although it is unclear if this second recognition site is physiologically relevant, this does suggest that other RNA species could serve as substrates for TGT in vivo. ..
- Takami M, Herrera R, Petruzzelli L. Mac-1-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation during neutrophil adhesion. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;280:C1045-56 pubmed
- Boyd R, Zegarac E, Posvar E, Flack M. Minimal androgenic activity of a new oral contraceptive containing norethindrone acetate and graduated doses of ethinyl estradiol. Contraception. 2001;63:71-6 pubmed
- Brock T, Kaufman P. Competency for graviresponse in the leaf-sheath pulvinus of Avena sativa: onset to loss. Am J Bot. 1988;75:1672-7 pubmed..This was determined to occur though the sequential, rather than simultaneous, action of successive pulvini, since a given pulvinus lost competency to gravirespond shortly after the next pulvinus became fully competent...
- Schuh J, Power C, Proudfoot A, Kunkel S, Lukacs N, Hogaboam C. Airway hyperresponsiveness, but not airway remodeling, is attenuated during chronic pulmonary allergic responses to Aspergillus in CCR4-/- mice. FASEB J. 2002;16:1313-5 pubmed..Peribronchial fibrosis and goblet cell hyperplasia were similar in both groups of mice throughout the course of this model. In summary, CCR4 modulates both innate and acquired immune responses associated with chronic fungal asthma. ..
- Wu J, Woodard R. Escherichia coli YrbI is 3-deoxy-D-manno-octulosonate 8-phosphate phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18117-23 pubmed publisher..Amino acid sequence analysis indicates that KDO 8-P phosphatase is a member of the haloacid dehalogenase hydrolase superfamily...
- Murphy P, Morishima Y, Chen H, Galigniana M, Mansfield J, Simons S, et al. Visualization and mechanism of assembly of a glucocorticoid receptor.Hsp70 complex that is primed for subsequent Hsp90-dependent opening of the steroid binding cleft. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34764-73 pubmed
- Winger J, Derbyshire E, Marletta M. Dissociation of nitric oxide from soluble guanylate cyclase and heme-nitric oxide/oxygen binding domain constructs. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:897-907 pubmed..The ratio of these two species affects the overall rate of NO dissociation. These results have implications for the function of sGC in vivo, where there is evidence for two NO-regulated activity states. ..
- de Silva C, Walter N. Leakage and slow allostery limit performance of single drug-sensing aptazyme molecules based on the hammerhead ribozyme. RNA. 2009;15:76-84 pubmed publisher..Our single molecule FRET approach also monitors in real time the previously elusive equilibrium docking dynamics of the hammerhead ribozyme between several inactive conformations and the active, long-lived, Y-shaped conformer. ..
- Brender J, Lee E, Hartman K, Wong P, Ramamoorthy A, Steel D, et al. Biphasic effects of insulin on islet amyloid polypeptide membrane disruption. Biophys J. 2011;100:685-692 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that insulin has a more complicated role in inhibiting IAPP fibrillogenesis, and that other factors, such as the low pH of the secretory granule, may also play a role. ..
- Wands A, Wang N, Lum J, Hsieh J, Fierke C, Mapp A. Transient-state kinetic analysis of transcriptional activator·DNA complexes interacting with a key coactivator. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:16238-45 pubmed publisher..These results are the first detailed kinetic characterization of the transcriptional activation machinery and provide a framework for the future design of potent transcriptional activators. ..
- Qian W, He X, Chan E, Xu H, Zhang J. Measuring the evolutionary rate of protein-protein interaction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:8725-30 pubmed publisher..The extremely slow evolution of protein molecular function may account for the remarkable conservation of life at molecular and cellular levels and allow for studying the mechanistic basis of human disease in much simpler organisms. ..
- Tai A, Bojjireddy N, Balla T. A homogeneous and nonisotopic assay for phosphatidylinositol 4-kinases. Anal Biochem. 2011;417:97-102 pubmed publisher..In addition, this assay generates Z-factor values of >0.7 for PI4KA in a 384-well format, demonstrating its suitability for high-throughput screening applications. ..
- Shayman J, Abe A. Drug induced phospholipidosis: an acquired lysosomal storage disorder. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1831:602-11 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled Phospholipids and Phospholipid Metabolism. ..
- Haataja L, Snapp E, Wright J, Liu M, Hardy A, Wheeler M, et al. Proinsulin intermolecular interactions during secretory trafficking in pancreatic ? cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:1896-906 pubmed publisher..However, in the presence of ongoing misfolding of a subpopulation of proinsulin in ? cells, the rate-limiting step in transport of the remaining proinsulin shifts to the ER. ..
- Bonnett S, Whicher J, Papireddy K, Florova G, Smith J, Reynolds K. Structural and stereochemical analysis of a modular polyketide synthase ketoreductase domain required for the generation of a cis-alkene. Chem Biol. 2013;20:772-83 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the closed lid loop in substrate-bound A-type KRs restricts active site access from all but one direction, which is proposed to control the stereochemistry of ketoreduction. ..
- Gantz I, Munzert G, Tashiro T, Schaffer M, Wang L, Delvalle J, et al. Molecular cloning of the human histamine H2 receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;178:1386-92 pubmed..These data confirm that we have successfully cloned a novel gene encoding the human H2 histamine receptor. ..
- Datta N, Shewach D, Mitchell B, Fox I. Kinetic properties and inhibition of human T lymphoblast deoxycytidine kinase. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:9359-64 pubmed..While many different nucleotides potently inhibit deoxycytidine kinase, their low intracellular concentrations make their regulatory role less important. ..