Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Detroit, Michigan, United States
Locale: Detroit, Michigan, United States
Publications958 found, 100 shown here
- Jacobson S, Stanton M, Molteno C, Burden M, Fuller D, Hoyme H, et al. Impaired eyeblink conditioning in children with fetal alcohol syndrome. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2008;32:365-72 pubmed..Delay EBC has a high sensitivity for identifying individuals with a diagnosis of probable FAS. ..
- Imudia A, Kilburn B, Petkova A, Edwin S, Romero R, Armant D. Expression of heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor in term chorionic villous explants and its role in trophoblast survival. Placenta. 2008;29:784-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, HBEGF-mediated signaling significantly reduces trophoblast cell death at term and its deficiency in preeclampsia could negatively impact trophoblast survival. ..
- Randall S, Johanson C, Tancer M, Roehrs T. Effects of acute 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine on sleep and daytime sleepiness in MDMA users: a preliminary study. Sleep. 2009;32:1513-9 pubmed..Compared with control subjects, recreational MDMA users showed evidence of hyperarousal and impaired REM function. The mechanism behind these effects is likely due to the deleterious effects of MDMA on catecholamines. ..
- Vidaillac C, Parra Ruiz J, Rybak M. In vitro time-kill analysis of oritavancin against clinical isolates of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with reduced susceptibility to daptomycin. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2011;71:470-3 pubmed publisher..Further investigations are warranted to determine the therapeutic potential of oritavancin against DNS MRSA. ..
- Swartz A, Azuh O, Obeid L, Munaco A, Toursavadkohi S, Adams J, et al. Developing an experimental model for surgical drainage investigations: an initial report. Am J Surg. 2012;203:388-91; discussion 391 pubmed publisher..We sought to pilot and initiate validation of a surgical drainage model...
- Lima Souza A, Anton E, Mao S, Ho W, Krawetz S. A platform for evaluating sperm RNA biomarkers: dysplasia of the fibrous sheath--testing the concept. Fertil Steril. 2012;97:1061-6.e1-3 pubmed publisher..This suite of transcript pairs resolves DFS. The results show that with effectively designed primers, qPCR may provide an affordable molecular assay to assess male fertility status. ..
- Jeong J, Chugani H, Juhasz C. Localization of function-specific segments of the primary motor pathway in children with Sturge-Weber syndrome: a multimodal imaging analysis. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2013;38:1152-61 pubmed publisher..This approach can be clinically useful for a noninvasive presurgical evaluation of cortical motor areas in such children. ..
- Paulson J, Mehta S, Sokol R, Chauhan S. Large for gestational age and long-term cognitive function. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014;210:343.e1-343.e4 pubmed publisher..068) from normal WGA at any time point, nor did they change at different rates across early childhood. There is no difference in cognitive function in children with BW 5-89% vs ?90% for GA. ..
- De Jesus L, Sood B, Shankaran S, Kendrick D, Das A, Bell E, et al. Antenatal magnesium sulfate exposure and acute cardiorespiratory events in preterm infants. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015;212:94.e1-7 pubmed publisher..The safety of anteMg as measured by the need for DR intubation or respiratory support on day 1 of life was comparable between groups. ..
- Bou Chebl R, Madden B, Belsky J, Harmouche E, Yessayan L. Diagnostic value of end tidal capnography in patients with hyperglycemia in the emergency department. BMC Emerg Med. 2016;16:7 pubmed publisher..9-100.0) for DKA. Nasal capnography exhibits favourable diagnostic performance in detecting patients with or without DKA among those who present to the emergency department with a glucometer readingâ€‰>â€‰550Â mg/dL. ..
- Ceccarelli M, Barthel F, Malta T, Sabedot T, Salama S, Murray B, et al. Molecular Profiling Reveals Biologically Discrete Subsets and Pathways of Progression in Diffuse Glioma. Cell. 2016;164:550-63 pubmed publisher..Understanding of cohesive disease groups may aid improved clinical outcomes. ..
- Farhan M, Khan H, Oves M, Al Harrasi A, Rehmani N, Arif H, et al. Cancer Therapy by Catechins Involves Redox Cycling of Copper Ions and Generation of Reactive Oxygen species. Toxins (Basel). 2016;8:37 pubmed publisher..Such a copper dependent prooxidant cytotoxic mechanism better explains the anticancer activity and preferential cytotoxicity of dietary phytochemicals against cancer cells. ..
- Adelmant G, Gilbert J, Freytag S. Human translocation liposarcoma-CCAAT/enhancer binding protein (C/EBP) homologous protein (TLS-CHOP) oncoprotein prevents adipocyte differentiation by directly interfering with C/EBPbeta function. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:15574-81 pubmed..Moreover, they provide strong support for the thesis that a blockade to normal differentiation is an important aspect of the cancer process. ..
- Kuhn D, Sadidi M, Liu X, Kreipke C, Geddes T, Borges C, et al. Peroxynitrite-induced nitration of tyrosine hydroxylase: identification of tyrosines 423, 428, and 432 as sites of modification by matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry and tyrosine-scanning mutagenesis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:14336-42 pubmed..The loss of TH catalytic activity caused by peroxynitrite is associated instead with oxidation of cysteine residues. ..
- Heng H, Goetze S, Ye C, Liu G, Stevens J, Bremer S, et al. Chromatin loops are selectively anchored using scaffold/matrix-attachment regions. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:999-1008 pubmed..Consequently, S/MAR anchors were necessary but not sufficient for chromatin loops to form. These observations reconcile many seemingly contradictory attributes previously associated with S/MARs...
- Vangipuram S, Sheele J, Atkinson R, Holland T, Dhurandhar N. A human adenovirus enhances preadipocyte differentiation. Obes Res. 2004;12:770-7 pubmed..Future understanding of the molecular interactions of cellular and viral genes responsible for enhanced differentiation may reveal novel signaling pathways and controls of preadipocyte differentiation. ..
- Yudelev M, Alyousef K, Brandon J, Perevertailo V, Lerch M, Rosenfeld A. Application of semiconductors for dosimetry of fast-neutron therapy beam. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2004;110:573-8 pubmed..528 +/- 0.058 mV per cGy. The miniature detectors can be utilised in characterisation of small radiation fields and in the regions of high dose gradient as well as for in vivo dosimetry of the patients undergoing fast-neutron therapy. ..
- Gerard H, Whittum Hudson J, Schumacher H, Hudson A. Synovial Chlamydia trachomatis up regulates expression of a panel of genes similar to that transcribed by Mycobacterium tuberculosis during persistent infection. Ann Rheum Dis. 2006;65:321-7 pubmed
- Caruso J, Reiners J. Proteolysis of HIP during apoptosis occurs within a region similar to the BID loop. Apoptosis. 2006;11:1877-85 pubmed..These data implicate the Hsp70 co-chaperone HIP in the proteolytic cascade of some apoptotic pathways. ..
- Chaturvedi L, Marsh H, Shang X, Zheng Y, Basson M. Repetitive deformation activates focal adhesion kinase and ERK mitogenic signals in human Caco-2 intestinal epithelial cells through Src and Rac1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:14-28 pubmed..This pathway may present important targets for interventions to prevent mucosal atrophy during prolonged ileus or fasting. ..
- Wagner W, Aksu M, Asku M, Neme A, Linger J, Pink F, et al. Effect of pre-heating resin composite on restoration microleakage. Oper Dent. 2008;33:72-8 pubmed publisher..Delaying light curing of the preheated composite for 15 seconds (D) was counterproductive and led to increased microleakage. ..
- Pawa S, Khalifa A, Ehrinpreis M, Schiffer C, Siddiqui F. Zinc toxicity from massive and prolonged coin ingestion in an adult. Am J Med Sci. 2008;336:430-3 pubmed publisher..His treatment and outcome are presented. The effects of zinc intoxication on hematologic and other organ systems and on copper absorption are discussed. ..
- Dosch M, Loeb R, Brainerd T, Stallwood J, Lechner S. Time to a 90% change in gas concentration: a comparison of three semi-closed anesthesia breathing systems. Anesth Analg. 2009;108:1193-7 pubmed publisher..The position of components (e.g., valves, carbon dioxide absorber, fresh gas inlet, ventilator bellows or piston) within the breathing system has a less pronounced effect. ..
- Tageja N, Nagi J. Bendamustine: something old, something new. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2010;66:413-23 pubmed publisher..Results of ongoing trials will help to further elucidate the optimal role of bendamustine in indolent NHL. ..
- Garg G, Shah J, Liu J, Bryant C, Kumar S, Munkarah A, et al. Validation of tumor size as staging variable in the revised International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics stage I leiomyosarcoma: a population-based study. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2010;20:1201-6 pubmed publisher..The new staging system using tumor size is better for risk stratification in stage I leiomyosarcoma compared with the 1988 FIGO staging system of endometrial cancer. ..
- Kryvenko O, Gupta N, Meier F, Lee M, Epstein J. Anastomosing hemangioma of the genitourinary system: eight cases in the kidney and ovary with immunohistochemical and ultrastructural analysis. Am J Clin Pathol. 2011;136:450-7 pubmed publisher..The current study expands the gross and radiographic appearance, clinical aspects, and ultrastructure, with the first report of the lesion occurring in the ovary. ..
- Macdonell K, Brogan K, Naar King S, Ellis D, Marshall S. A pilot study of motivational interviewing targeting weight-related behaviors in overweight or obese African American adolescents. J Adolesc Health. 2012;50:201-3 pubmed publisher..MI group reported improved eating behaviors and activity motivation. Brief clinic-based MI interventions merit further study in this population. ..
- LoRusso P, Janne P, Oliveira M, Rizvi N, Malburg L, Keedy V, et al. Phase I study of U3-1287, a fully human anti-HER3 monoclonal antibody, in patients with advanced solid tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:3078-87 pubmed publisher..8% in part 2. U3-1287 treatment was well tolerated, and some evidence of disease stabilization was observed. Pharmacokinetic data support U3-1287 dosing of 9 to 20 mg/kg every 2 to 3 weeks. Combination studies of U3-1287 are ongoing. ..
- Nichol K, Copes R, Spielmann S, Kersey K, Eriksson J, Holness D. Workplace screening for hand dermatitis: a pilot study. Occup Med (Lond). 2016;66:46-9 pubmed publisher..These findings argue for increased attention to prevention and early identification of hand dermatitis and support further testing of the workplace screening tool. ..
- Mann D, Lee R, Coats A, Neagoe G, Dragomir D, Pusineri E, et al. One-year follow-up results from AUGMENT-HF: a multicentre randomized controlled clinical trial of the efficacy of left ventricular augmentation with Algisyl in the treatment of heart failure. Eur J Heart Fail. 2016;18:314-25 pubmed publisher..These data support larger clinical evaluations of this novel therapy. ..
- Chopra T, Marchaim D, Awali R, Levine M, Sathyaprakash S, Chalana I, et al. Risk factors and acute in-hospital costs for infected pressure ulcers among gunshot-spinal cord injury victims in southeastern Michigan. Am J Infect Control. 2016;44:315-9 pubmed publisher..001). A multidisciplinary approach including home-based rehabilitation programs and SCI wound clinics might help prevent PrUs and their complications and reduce associated costs. ..
- Crawford E, Levin A, Safi F, Lu M, Baugh A, Zhang X, et al. Lung cancer risk test trial: study design, participant baseline characteristics, bronchoscopy safety, and establishment of a biospecimen repository. BMC Pulm Med. 2016;16:16 pubmed publisher..The LCRT biospecimen repository will enable additional studies of genetic basis for COPD and/or lung cancer risk. The LCRT Study, NCT 01130285, was registered with Clinicaltrials.gov on May 24, 2010. ..
- Phadtare S, Kessel D, Corbett T, Renis H, Court B, Zimlicka J. Unsaturated and carbocyclic nucleoside analogues: synthesis, antitumor, and antiviral activity. J Med Chem. 1991;34:421-9 pubmed..None of the chloro derivatives or oxacyclopentenes exhibited an antiviral effect at noncytotoxic concentrations. Z-Olefin 4b and 2-aminoadenallene (5c) are substrates for adenosine deaminase. ..
- Bottoms S, Tse G, Chik L. From mainframe to micro: decentralization of perinatal epidemiology. J Perinat Med. 1988;16:345-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that the microcomputer may be a practical alternative to the mainframe for perinatal epidemiological analysis. ..
- Zhou L, Zabad R, Lewis R. Ethylene glycol intoxication: electrophysiological studies suggest a polyradiculopathy. Neurology. 2002;59:1809-10 pubmed
- Ding D, Xu L, Menon M, Reddy G, Barrack E. Effect of GGC (glycine) repeat length polymorphism in the human androgen receptor on androgen action. Prostate. 2005;62:133-9 pubmed..The ability of a short GGC repeat to enhance androgen action provides a biologically plausible mechanism to account for reports that a short GGC repeat in the AR gene is a risk factor for prostate cancer. ..
- Jacobson S, Carr L, Croxford J, Sokol R, Li T, Jacobson J. Protective effects of the alcohol dehydrogenase-ADH1B allele in children exposed to alcohol during pregnancy. J Pediatr. 2006;148:30-7 pubmed..These data are consistent with the hypothesis that the maternal ADH1B*3 allele provides some protection to the fetus from prenatal alcohol exposure. ..
- Kapur G, Valentini R, Mattoo T, Warrier I, Imam A. Ceftriaxone induced hemolysis complicated by acute renal failure. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2008;50:139-42 pubmed..Ceftriaxone is a commonly used drug, and early recognition of HA and institution of supportive care, including dialysis is likely to improve the outcome. ..
- Mittal P, Romero R, Kusanovic J, Edwin S, Gotsch F, Mazaki Tovi S, et al. CXCL6 (granulocyte chemotactic protein-2): a novel chemokine involved in the innate immune response of the amniotic cavity. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2008;60:246-57 pubmed publisher..These observations are novel, and suggest a role for CXCL6 in the innate immune response to microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity. ..
- Done B, Khatri P, Done A, Draghici S. Predicting novel human gene ontology annotations using semantic analysis. IEEE/ACM Trans Comput Biol Bioinform. 2010;7:91-9 pubmed publisher..For the remaining 10 percent, we did not find any relevant publications to confirm or contradict the predictions. The n2tn weighting scheme also outperformed the simple binary scheme used in our previous approach. ..
- Delaney Black V, Chiodo L, Hannigan J, Greenwald M, Janisse J, Patterson G, et al. Just say "I don't": lack of concordance between teen report and biological measures of drug use. Pediatrics. 2010;126:887-93 pubmed publisher..Methods of ascertainment other than self- or parent-report must be considered when health care providers, researchers and public health agencies attempt to estimate teen drug-use prevalence. ..
- Chopra S, Kamdar D, Ugur O, Chen G, Peshek B, Marunick M, et al. Factors predictive of severity of osteoradionecrosis of the mandible. Head Neck. 2011;33:1600-5 pubmed publisher..An analysis of risk factors predictive of severe mandibular osteoradionecrosis (ORN) is needed to aid prophylaxis and management of this condition...
- Nundkumar N, Mittal M, Kupsky W, Folbe A, Mittal S. Complete recovery of acute monocular visual loss following endoscopic resection of anterior clinoid mucocele: case report and review of the literature. J Neurol Sci. 2012;312:184-90 pubmed publisher..Early diagnosis and prompt surgical intervention optimizes the chances of functional regain of visual acuity...
- Toth M, Sohail A, Fridman R. Assessment of gelatinases (MMP-2 and MMP-9) by gelatin zymography. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;878:121-35 pubmed publisher..If properly used, gelatin zymography is an excellent tool for the study of gelatinases in biological systems. ..
- Boikov A, Griffith B, Stemer M, Jain R. Acute calcific longus colli tendinitis: an unusual location and presentation. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012;138:676-9 pubmed publisher..However, recent studies have brought attention to the disease existing at the C4-C5 and C5-C6 levels.(6,7) Acute LCT is considered relatively benign, typically resolving on its own within several weeks. ..
- Cui J, Ivanova E, Qi L, Pan Z. Expression of CaV3.2 T-type Ca²? channels in a subpopulation of retinal type-3 cone bipolar cells. Neuroscience. 2012;224:63-9 pubmed publisher..2 Ca(2+) channels contribute to the T-type Ca(2+) current in a subpopulation of type-3 CBCs. The findings of this study provide new insights into understanding the functional roles of T-type Ca(2+) channels in retinal processing. ..
- Wang L, Chopp M, Szalad A, Liu Z, Lu M, Zhang L, et al. Thymosin ?4 promotes the recovery of peripheral neuropathy in type II diabetic mice. Neurobiol Dis. 2012;48:546-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, T?4 has potential for the treatment of diabetic peripheral neuropathy. ..
- Hu Z, Luo X, Zhang L, Lu F, Dong F, Monsell E, et al. Generation of human inner ear prosensory-like cells via epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition. Regen Med. 2012;7:663-73 pubmed publisher..The outcomes of this study may open avenues for human hair cell progenitor generation, which could potentially provide a novel stem cell-based replacement for hearing loss and other inner ear disorders. ..
- Kaljee L, Pach A, Thriemer K, Ley B, Jiddawi M, Puri M, et al. Desirability for a typhoid fever vaccine among rural residents, Pemba Island, Tanzania. Vaccine. 2013;31:2994-9 pubmed publisher..A better local understanding of typhoid fever is needed for general prevention measures, increasing treatment access, and future vaccination campaigns. ..
- Chukkapalli S, Amessou M, Dekhil H, Dilly A, Liu Q, Bandyopadhyay S, et al. Ehd3, a regulator of vesicular trafficking, is silenced in gliomas and functions as a tumor suppressor by controlling cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:877-85 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to highlight the importance of a member of the C-terminal EHD proteins in cancer and to link their functions to the cell cycle and apoptosis. ..
- Brown S, Tracy E, Jun M, Park H, Min M. Personal network recovery enablers and relapse risks for women with substance dependence. Qual Health Res. 2015;25:371-85 pubmed publisher..The focus of interventions with this population should be on both internal barriers to personal network change such as mistrust and fear, and helping women develop skills for managing enduring network relationships. ..
- Barber K, Smith J, Raut A, Rybak M. Evaluation of tedizolid against Staphylococcus aureus and enterococci with reduced susceptibility to vancomycin, daptomycin or linezolid. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016;71:152-5 pubmed publisher..Tedizolid MICs demonstrate activity against isolates with decreased susceptibility to alternative agents, including linezolid. Tedizolid may be a viable treatment option in clinical situations with MDR Gram-positive pathogens. ..
- Nigrovic L, Mahajan P, Blumberg S, Browne L, Linakis J, Ruddy R, et al. The Yale Observation Scale Score and the Risk of Serious Bacterial Infections in Febrile Infants. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..More accurate clinical and laboratory predictors are needed to risk stratify febrile infants. ..
- Wu K. Differential diagnosis of pedal osseous neoplasms. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 1993;10:683-715 pubmed..Numerous radiographs, CT scans, MR images, arteriograms, and photomicrographs supplement the text...
- Dulchavsky S, Henry S, Moed B, Diebel L, Marshburn T, Hamilton D, et al. Advanced ultrasonic diagnosis of extremity trauma: the FASTER examination. J Trauma. 2002;53:28-32 pubmed
- Artym V, Kindzelskii A, Chen W, Petty H. Molecular proximity of seprase and the urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor on malignant melanoma cell membranes: dependence on beta1 integrins and the cytoskeleton. Carcinogenesis. 2002;23:1593-601 pubmed..Based on these findings, we speculate that formation of heterogeneous lytic domains in the invading membranes of LOX cells increases the efficiency of directed pericellular proteolysis. ..
- Cao J, Thach C, Manolio T, Psaty B, Kuller L, Chaves P, et al. C-reactive protein, carotid intima-media thickness, and incidence of ischemic stroke in the elderly: the Cardiovascular Health Study. Circulation. 2003;108:166-70 pubmed..The association of CRP with stroke is more apparent in the presence of a higher carotid IMT. CRP and carotid IMT may each be independent integrals in determining the risk of ischemic stroke. ..
- Singh V, Miranda T, Jiang W, Frankel A, Roemer M, Robb V, et al. DAL-1/4.1B tumor suppressor interacts with protein arginine N-methyltransferase 3 (PRMT3) and inhibits its ability to methylate substrates in vitro and in vivo. Oncogene. 2004;23:7761-71 pubmed..1B protein significantly inhibits PRMT3 methylation of cellular substrates. These findings suggest that modulation of post-translational methylation may be an important mechanism through which DAL-1/4.1B affects tumor cell growth. ..
- Xie Y, Wang Y, Sun T, Wang F, Trostinskaia A, Puscheck E, et al. Six post-implantation lethal knockouts of genes for lipophilic MAPK pathway proteins are expressed in preimplantation mouse embryos and trophoblast stem cells. Mol Reprod Dev. 2005;71:1-11 pubmed..Studies on RNA expression using RT-PCR suggest that maternal RNA could play an important role in delaying the presence of the lethal phenotype of null mutations. ..
- Williams T, Haider Shah H. Diffuse esophageal stricture secondary to esophageal lichen planus. Abdom Imaging. 2005;30:355-7 pubmed
- Ragheb S, Lisak R, Lewis R, Van Stavern G, Gonzales F, Simon K. A potential role for B-cell activating factor in the pathogenesis of autoimmune myasthenia gravis. Arch Neurol. 2008;65:1358-62 pubmed publisher..We report that BAFF levels are increased in patients with autoimmune MG. Our data suggest that BAFF is likely to play a role in the pathogenesis of MG by promoting the survival and maturation of autoreactive B cells. ..
- Gayer C, Chaturvedi L, Wang S, Alston B, Flanigan T, Basson M. Delineating the signals by which repetitive deformation stimulates intestinal epithelial migration across fibronectin. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;296:G876-85 pubmed publisher..Thus strain stimulates intestinal epithelial migration across fibronectin by a complex pathway including Src, FAK, Rac1, PI3K, AKT, GSK, ERK, p38, myosin light chain, and myosin II. ..
- Ghoddoussi F, Galloway M, Jambekar A, Bame M, Needleman R, Brusilow W. Methionine sulfoximine, an inhibitor of glutamine synthetase, lowers brain glutamine and glutamate in a mouse model of ALS. J Neurol Sci. 2010;290:41-7 pubmed publisher..These results show that in the SOD1(G93A) model of neurodegenerative diseases, the concentration of brain glutamate (determined with (1)H-MRS) can be lowered by inhibiting in vivo the synthesis of glutamine with non-toxic doses of MSO. ..
- Chaiworapongsa T, Romero R, Tarca A, Kusanovic J, Gotsch F, Mittal P, et al. A decrease in maternal plasma concentrations of sVEGFR-2 precedes the clinical diagnosis of preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010;202:550.e1-10 pubmed publisher..001) or 6-10 weeks prior to the diagnosis (P < .001). A lower maternal plasma sVEGFR-2 concentration precedes the development of preeclampsia, both term and preterm. ..
- Kommuri N, Johnson M, Koelling T. Relationship between improvements in heart failure patient disease specific knowledge and clinical events as part of a randomized controlled trial. Patient Educ Couns. 2012;86:233-8 pubmed publisher..Health care personnel should encourage education sessions for heart failure patients. Resources possibly need to be allocated for nurse led education sessions in heart failure patients as it improves outcomes and knowledge. ..
- Ares G, Caceres P, Ortiz P. Molecular regulation of NKCC2 in the thick ascending limb. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;301:F1143-59 pubmed publisher..The focus of this review is to summarize recent data regarding NKCC2 regulation and discuss their potential implications in physiological control of TAL function, renal physiology, and blood pressure regulation. ..
- Yedidi R, Liu Z, Wang Y, Brunzelle J, Kovari I, Woster P, et al. Crystal structures of multidrug-resistant HIV-1 protease in complex with two potent anti-malarial compounds. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:413-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, compounds 1 and 2 show promising inhibitory activity against HIV-1 protease variants and hence are good candidates for further development to enhance their potency against NL4-3 as well as MDR HIV-1 protease variants. ..
- Presnell C, Bhatti G, Numan L, Lerche M, Alkhateeb S, Ghalib M, et al. Computational insights into the role of glutathione in oxidative stress. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2013;10:185-94 pubmed..We discuss the role of GSH in the redox state of the cell, maintaining homeostasis through GSH synthesis, scavenging of free radicals, modulating hydrogen peroxide level and interacting with nitric oxide pathways. ..
- Wegienka G, Baird D, Cooper T, Woodcroft K, Havstad S. Cytokine patterns differ seasonally between women with and without uterine leiomyomata. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2013;70:327-35 pubmed publisher..Associations were not changed by adjustment for age or BMI. These data suggest that new insight into leiomyoma formation may be acquired through investigation of the immune system. ..
- Kullar R, Casapao A, Davis S, Levine D, Zhao J, Crank C, et al. A multicentre evaluation of the effectiveness and safety of high-dose daptomycin for the treatment of infective endocarditis. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2013;68:2921-6 pubmed publisher..Patients with both RIE and LIE had successful outcomes with high-dose daptomycin therapy. Additional clinical trials evaluating high daptomycin dosages in patients with IE are warranted. ..
- Matsuo K, Nishimura M, Komurov K, Shahzad M, Ali Fehmi R, Roh J, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha (PDGFRα) targeting and relevant biomarkers in ovarian carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;132:166-75 pubmed publisher..MAPK and CCNB1 were downregulated only in the HeyA8-MDR model. These data identify IMC-3G3 as an attractive therapeutic strategy and identify potential predictive markers for further development. ..
- Duffy S, Noonan D, Karvonen Gutierrez C, Ronis D, Ewing L, Waltje A, et al. Effectiveness of the tobacco tactics program for psychiatric inpatient veterans: an implementation study. Arch Psychiatr Nurs. 2015;29:120-6 pubmed publisher..The implementation of the Tobacco Tactics intervention has the potential to significantly decrease smoking and smoking-related morbidity and mortality among smokers admitted to VA hospitals for psychiatric disorders. ..
- Dhakar M, Ilyas M, Jeong J, Behen M, Chugani H. Frontal Aslant Tract Abnormality on Diffusion Tensor Imaging in an Aphasic Patient With 49, XXXXY Syndrome. Pediatr Neurol. 2016;55:64-7 pubmed publisher..A poorly developed frontal aslant tract may underlie the expressive language deficits and provide some insight into the role of X chromosome in modulating the development of language tracts. ..
- Schwartz K, Ruterbusch J, Colt J, Miller D, Chow W, Purdue M. Racial disparities in overall survival among renal cell carcinoma patients with young age and small tumors. Cancer Med. 2016;5:200-8 pubmed publisher..Future research should focus on younger patients and those with smaller tumors to better understand how these factors may contribute to the survival disparity. ..
- Taub J, Berman J, Hitzler J, Sorrell A, Lacayo N, Mast K, et al. Improved outcomes for myeloid leukemia of Down syndrome: a report from the Children's Oncology Group AAML0431 trial. Blood. 2017;129:3304-3313 pubmed publisher..MRD, identified as a new prognostic factor for ML-DS patients, can be used for risk stratification in future clinical trials. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00369317. ..
- Muzik O, Burghardt P, Yi Z, Kumar A, Seyoum B. Successful metformin treatment of insulin resistance is associated with down-regulation of the kynurenine pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:29-32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, successful metformin treatment leads to a normalization of tryptophan metabolism, most likely as a result of decreased contribution from the kynurenine metabolic pathway. ..
- Yin S, Cheryan V, Xu L, Rishi A, Reddy K. Myc mediates cancer stem-like cells and EMT changes in triple negative breast cancers cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183578 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that intrinsic differences in the tumor biology may contribute to the breast cancer disparities. ..
- Choudhary S, Wykes S, Kramer J, Mohamed A, Koppitch F, Nelson J, et al. A haploid expressed gene cluster exists as a single chromatin domain in human sperm. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:8755-62 pubmed..This is the first description of a multigenic male gamete-specific domain as a fundamental gene regulatory unit. A model of haploid-specific gene determination is presented. ..
- Vanderkuur J, Wiese T, Brooks S. Influence of estrogen structure on nuclear binding and progesterone receptor induction by the receptor complex. Biochemistry. 1993;32:7002-8 pubmed..In contrast, 2- and 4-hydroxyestratrien-17 beta-ol, which caused extensive nuclear binding of ER (5-7 fmol/micrograms of DNA), were incapable of significant PgR induction.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Rosenberg D, Dick E, O Hearn K, Sweeney J. Response-inhibition deficits in obsessive-compulsive disorder: an indicator of dysfunction in frontostriatal circuits. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 1997;22:29-38 pubmed..A basic disturbance of neurobehavioral inhibition in OCD may underlie the repetitive behavior that characterizes the illness and be related to abnormalities in orbital prefrontal ventral striatal circuits. ..
- Shy M, Jani A, Krajewski K, Grandis M, Lewis R, Li J, et al. Phenotypic clustering in MPZ mutations. Brain. 2004;127:371-84 pubmed..In contrast, late onset neuropathy is caused by mutations that more subtly alter myelin structure and which probably disrupt Schwann cell-axonal interactions. ..
- D Cunha P, Parasuraman R, Venkat K. Rapid resolution of proteinuria of native kidney origin following live donor renal transplantation. Am J Transplant. 2005;5:351-5 pubmed..After the immediate post-transplant period, proteinuria cannot be attributed to the native kidneys, and work up for proteinuria should focus on the allograft. ..
- Wang B, Li X, Stanton B, Yang H, Fang X, Zhao R, et al. Vaginal douching, condom use, and sexually transmitted infections among Chinese female sex workers. Sex Transm Dis. 2005;32:696-702 pubmed..Medical professional and public health workers should correct women's misconception about the effectiveness of douching and discourage women from douching through educational activities. ..
- Shy M. Peripheral neuropathies caused by mutations in the myelin protein zero. J Neurol Sci. 2006;242:55-66 pubmed..Identifying molecular pathways involved in early and late onset CMT1B will be crucial to understand how MPZ mutations cause CMT1B so that rational therapies for both early and late onset neuropathies can be developed. ..
- Hillman G, Wang Y, Che M, Raffoul J, Yudelev M, Kucuk O, et al. Progression of renal cell carcinoma is inhibited by genistein and radiation in an orthotopic model. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:4 pubmed
- Revankar S, Hasan M, Smith J. Cure of disseminated zygomycosis with cerebral involvement using high dose liposomal amphotericin B and surgery. Med Mycol. 2007;45:183-5 pubmed..Since penetration of the central nervous system by amphotericin B is poor the application of high dose therapy may be useful in cases of cerebral zygomycosis. ..
- Zafar U, Johnson L, Hanna M, Riederer K, Sharma M, Fakih M, et al. Prevalence of nasal colonization among patients with community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection and their household contacts. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2007;28:966-9 pubmed..Among colonized household members, only half of the MRSA strains were related to the patients' infective isolate. Within the same household, multiple strains of CA-MRSA may be present. ..