Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Locale: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Publications1331 found, 100 shown here
- Patterson S, Helvie M, Aziz K, Nees A. Outcome of men presenting with clinical breast problems: the role of mammography and ultrasound. Breast J. 2006;12:418-23 pubmed..A normal ultrasound in these men confirms the negative predictive value of a normal mammogram. ..
- Kruk M, Pereira C, Vaz F, BergstrÃ¶m S, Galea S. Economic evaluation of surgically trained assistant medical officers in performing major obstetric surgery in Mozambique. BJOG. 2007;114:1253-60 pubmed..Training more mid-level health workers in surgery can be part of the response to the health worker shortage, which today threatens the achievement of the health Millennium Development Goals in developing countries. ..
- Tamhane U, Gurm H. GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors during primary percutaneous coronary intervention for STEMI: new trial and registry data. Curr Cardiol Rep. 2008;10:424-30 pubmed
- Albertus D, Seder C, Chen G, Wang X, Hartojo W, Lin L, et al. AZGP1 autoantibody predicts survival and histone deacetylase inhibitors increase expression in lung adenocarcinoma. J Thorac Oncol. 2008;3:1236-44 pubmed publisher..The presence of AZGP1 serum autoantibody may be used as a prognostic marker in patients with AD. Furthermore, up-regulation of AZGP1 mRNA in AD may be affected by chromatin remodeling by means of histone acetylation. ..
- Hu J, Feng K, Liu X, Ma P. Chondrogenic and osteogenic differentiations of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells on a nanofibrous scaffold with designed pore network. Biomaterials. 2009;30:5061-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that NF scaffolds can support both bone and cartilage development and are excellent candidate scaffolds for osteochondral defect repair. ..
- Spyropoulos A, Anderson F, FitzGerald G, Decousus H, Pini M, Chong B, et al. Predictive and associative models to identify hospitalized medical patients at risk for VTE. Chest. 2011;140:706-714 pubmed publisher..Scores derived from seven clinical factors during hospitalization may help us to further understand symptomatic VTE risk. These scores require external validation. ..
- Lipps D, Oh Y, Ashton Miller J, Wojtys E. Morphologic characteristics help explain the gender difference in peak anterior cruciate ligament strain during a simulated pivot landing. Am J Sports Med. 2012;40:32-40 pubmed publisher..Since female ACLs are systematically exposed to greater strain than their male counterparts, training and injury prevention programs should take this fact into consideration. ..
- Spector M, Gallagher K, McHugh J, Mukherji S. Correlation of radiographic and pathologic findings of dermal lymphatic invasion in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2012;33:462-4 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that the linear areas of reticulation are most commonly caused by peritumoral inflammation and are not due to dermal lymphatic invasion. ..
- Tang A, Hauff S, Owen J, Graham M, Czerwinski M, Park J, et al. UM-SCC-104: a new human papillomavirus-16-positive cancer stem cell-containing head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cell line. Head Neck. 2012;34:1480-91 pubmed publisher..The aggressive nature of this tumor is consistent with high uniform expression of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and a functionally significant proportion of ALDH(+) CSCs. ..
- Hedglin M, Zhang Y, O Brien P. Isolating contributions from intersegmental transfer to DNA searching by alkyladenine DNA glycosylase. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:24550-9 pubmed publisher..As many DNA-binding proteins have only a single binding site, jumping may be a common mechanism for intersegmental transfer. ..
- Patrick M, Schulenberg J, Martz M, Maggs J, O Malley P, Johnston L. Extreme binge drinking among 12th-grade students in the United States: prevalence and predictors. JAMA Pediatr. 2013;167:1019-25 pubmed publisher..These data suggest the importance of assessing multiple levels of binge drinking behavior and their predictors among youth to target effective screening and intervention efforts. ..
- Fisher G, Shao Y, He T, Qin Z, Perry D, Voorhees J, et al. Reduction of fibroblast size/mechanical force down-regulates TGF-Î² type II receptor: implications for human skin aging. Aging Cell. 2016;15:67-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data reveal a novel mechanism that provides a molecular basis for loss of dermal ECM, with concomitant increased fragility, which is a prominent feature of human skin aging. ..
- Shah R, Allison M, Lima J, Abbasi S, Eisman A, Lai C, et al. Abdominal fat radiodensity, quantity and cardiometabolic risk: TheÂ Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2016;26:114-22 pubmed publisher..Fat radiodensity is strongly correlated with fat quantity and relevant inflammatory biomarkers. Fat radiodensity (especially for visceral fat) may be a complementary, easily assessed marker of cardiometabolic risk. ..
- Heapy A, Higgins D, Goulet J, LaChappelle K, Driscoll M, Czlapinski R, et al. Interactive Voice Response-Based Self-management for Chronic Back Pain: The COPES Noninferiority Randomized Trial. JAMA Intern Med. 2017;177:765-773 pubmed publisher..clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01025752. ..
- Woo J, Malekzadeh S, Malloy K, Deutsch E. Are All Manikins Created Equal? A Pilot Study of Simulator Upper Airway Anatomic Fidelity. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017;156:1154-1157 pubmed publisher..Differences in scores may allow instructors to select manikins with the best anatomic fidelity for specific educational purposes, and they may contribute to recommendations to improve future manikin design. ..
- Harrigan M, Ennis S, Masada T, Keep R. Intraventricular infusion of vascular endothelial growth factor promotes cerebral angiogenesis with minimal brain edema. Neurosurgery. 2002;50:589-98 pubmed..There seems to be a therapeutic window, because infusion of VEGF(165) at a concentration of 5 microg/ml resulted in a significant increase in vessel density with minimal associated brain edema and no ventriculomegaly. ..
- Marrero J, Su G, Wei W, Emick D, Conjeevaram H, Fontana R, et al. Des-gamma carboxyprothrombin can differentiate hepatocellular carcinoma from nonmalignant chronic liver disease in american patients. Hepatology. 2003;37:1114-21 pubmed..810, respectively (P =.002). In conclusion, DCP was more sensitive and specific than AFP for differentiating HCC from nonmalignant chronic liver disease. Prospective studies to evaluate the role of DCP in early HCC are underway. ..
- Mascarenhas P, Gapski R, Al Shammari K, Wang H. Influence of sex hormones on the periodontium. J Clin Periodontol. 2003;30:671-81 pubmed
- Giannobile W, Somerman M. Growth and amelogenin-like factors in periodontal wound healing. A systematic review. Ann Periodontol. 2003;8:193-204 pubmed..4. Preclinical and initial clinical data for growth factors appear promising but are insufficient to draw definitive conclusions at this time. ..
- Friese C, Neville B, Edge S, Hassett M, Earle C. Breast biopsy patterns and outcomes in Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results-Medicare data. Cancer. 2009;115:716-24 pubmed publisher..Providers should consider needle biopsy when clinically feasible as the initial breast procedure, because it may reduce the number of surgeries needed to treat breast cancer. ..
- Hoang C, Kolenic G, Kline Rogers E, Eagle K, Erickson S. Mapping geographic areas of high and low drug adherence in patients prescribed continuing treatment for acute coronary syndrome after discharge. Pharmacotherapy. 2011;31:927-33 pubmed publisher..Future research should examine local-level factors associated with low adherence, which can be used to derive tailored, locally relevant interventions to improve long-term drug adherence. ..
- Todd R, Freyer D. The CD11/CD18 leukocyte glycoprotein deficiency. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 1988;2:13-31 pubmed..A deficiency in the expression of a family of leukocyte membrane glycoproteins (the CD11/CD18 glycoproteins) represents the molecular basis for this disease. ..
- Couch F, Abel K, Brody L, Boehnke M, Collins F, Weber B. Localization of the gene for ATP citrate lyase (ACLY) distal to gastrin(GAS) and proximal to D17S856 on chromosome 17q12-q21. Genomics. 1994;21:444-6 pubmed..1 by PCR on a panel of radiation hybrids. The radiation hybrid panel indicates that the most likely position of ACLY on 17q21.1 is between gastrin (GAS) and D17S856 at a distance of 170-290 kb from the GAS locus. ..
- Chamaillard M, Hashimoto M, Horie Y, Masumoto J, Qiu S, Saab L, et al. An essential role for NOD1 in host recognition of bacterial peptidoglycan containing diaminopimelic acid. Nat Immunol. 2003;4:702-7 pubmed..Thus, NOD1 mediates selective recognition of bacteria through detection of iE-DAP-containing peptidoglycan. ..
- Chaffee B, Bonasso J. Strategies for pharmacy integration and pharmacy information system interfaces, Part 2: Scope of work and technical aspects of interfaces. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2004;61:506-14 pubmed
- Ruf R, Xu P, Silvius D, Otto E, Beekmann F, Muerb U, et al. SIX1 mutations cause branchio-oto-renal syndrome by disruption of EYA1-SIX1-DNA complexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8090-5 pubmed..Identification of SIX1 mutations as causing BOR/BO offers insights into the molecular basis of otic and renal developmental diseases in humans. ..
- Ailawadi G, Cowles R, Stanley J, Eliason J, Williams D, Colletti L, et al. Common celiacomesenteric trunk: aneurysmal and occlusive disease. J Vasc Surg. 2004;40:1040-3 pubmed
- Terpenning M. Geriatric oral health and pneumonia risk. Clin Infect Dis. 2005;40:1807-10 pubmed..The expense of aspiration pneumonia as a nursing home complication makes dental hygiene a potentially cost-saving intervention. ..
- Margolis B, Borg J. Apicobasal polarity complexes. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5157-9 pubmed
- Milam J, Keshamouni V, Phan S, Hu B, Gangireddy S, Hogaboam C, et al. PPAR-gamma agonists inhibit profibrotic phenotypes in human lung fibroblasts and bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2008;294:L891-901 pubmed..These observations indicate that PPAR-gamma is an important regulator of fibroblast/myofibroblast activation and suggest a role for PPAR-gamma ligands as novel therapeutic agents for fibrotic lung diseases. ..
- Vahratian A, Patel D, Wolff K, Xu X. College students' perceptions of emergency contraception provision. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2008;17:103-11 pubmed publisher..Continued efforts are needed to ensure timely access to EC in this population. ..
- Cerda M, Buka S, Rich Edwards J. Neighborhood influences on the association between maternal age and birthweight: a multilevel investigation of age-related disparities in health. Soc Sci Med. 2008;66:2048-60 pubmed publisher..The findings support the hypothesis that the relationship between maternal age and birthweight varies between neighborhoods. Indicators of neighborhood disadvantage help to explain such differences. ..
- Taylor J, Chung K, Figueroa C, Zurawski J, Dickson H, Brace E, et al. The scaffold protein POSH regulates axon outgrowth. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:5181-92 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that the molecular scaffold protein POSH assembles an inhibitory complex that links to the actin-myosin network to regulate neuronal process outgrowth. ..
- Biswas A, Blum J, Bergquist B, Keeler G, Xie Z. Natural mercury isotope variation in coal deposits and organic soils. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:8303-9 pubmed..This research offers a new tool for characterizing mercury inputs from natural and anthropogenic sources to the atmosphere and provides new insights into the geochemistry of mercury in coal and soils...
- Peters M, Tallman J, Braun T, Jacobson J. Clinical reduction of S. mutans in pre-school children using a novel liquorice root extract lollipop: a pilot study. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2010;11:274-8 pubmed..A potential for simple effective caries-prevention for high-risk children has been demonstrated. Encouraging results warrant randomised clinical trials (RCT) of liquorice root in herbal lollipops or alternative modes of delivery. ..
- O Shaughnessy J, Campone M, Brain E, Neven P, Hayes D, Bondarenko I, et al. Abiraterone acetate, exemestane or the combination in postmenopausal patients with estrogen receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:106-13 pubmed publisher..8% for both). Adding AA to E in NSAI-pretreated ER+ MBC patients did not improve PFS compared with treatment with E. An AA-induced progesterone increase may have contributed to this lack of clinical activity. NCT01381874. ..
- Christman T, Li Y. Pediatric Return to Sports After Spinal Surgery. Sports Health. 2016;8:331-5 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, the decision to allow any young athlete to resume sports participation after spinal injury or surgery must be individualized. ..
- Hogaboam C, Takahashi K, Ezekowitz R, Kunkel S, Schuh J. Mannose-binding lectin deficiency alters the development of fungal asthma: effects on airway response, inflammation, and cytokine profile. J Leukoc Biol. 2004;75:805-14 pubmed..fumigatus conidia, and this murine collectin isoform contributes to the development and maintenance of airway hyperresponsiveness but not chronic airway remodeling during chronic fungal asthma. ..
- Tinney M, Chiodo A, Haig A, Wiredu E. Medical rehabilitation in Ghana. Disabil Rehabil. 2007;29:921-7 pubmed..A national model for sustainable medical rehabilitation is needed in Ghana and likely in other similar countries. ..
- Sharangpani R, Boulton K, Wells E, Kim C. Attitudes and behaviors of international air travelers toward pandemic influenza. J Travel Med. 2011;18:203-8 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that educational material and advice directed to international travelers could be differentially tailored to traveler subpopulations. ..
- Joseph S, Joseph A, Douglas R, Massry G. Periocular Reconstruction in Patients with Facial Paralysis. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2016;49:475-87 pubmed publisher..Current reconstructive procedures are most commonly intended to improve coverage of the eye but cannot restore blink. ..
- Frank S, Kearfott K. Imaging of Gamma-ray Scatter from a Polymethyl-methacrylate Phantom Using a Compton Imaging Spectrometer. Health Phys. 2017;113:135-142 pubmed publisher..Measured scatter energies were found to be within 15% of the expected values, sufficient to predict scatter behavior and individually measure separate sources of scatter at different angles. ..
- Brace C. Region does not mean "race"--reality versus convention in forensic anthropology. J Forensic Sci. 1995;40:171-5 pubmed..Traits of adaptive value however are not constrained by region and cannot be used to identify "race." ..
- Hasan A, Zisman T, Schmaier A. Identification of cytokeratin 1 as a binding protein and presentation receptor for kininogens on endothelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:3615-20 pubmed..These investigations identify a new function for cytokeratin 1 as a kininogen binding protein. Cytokeratins, members of the family of intermediate filament proteins, may represent a new class of receptors. ..
- Pecora N, Yaman P, Dennison J, Herrero A. Comparison of shear bond strength relative to two testing devices. J Prosthet Dent. 2002;88:511-5 pubmed..The single-step bonding agents exhibited mean bond strengths comparable to their multistep counterparts. ..
- Zhang B, Cunningham M, Nichols W, Bernat J, Seligsohn U, Pipe S, et al. Bleeding due to disruption of a cargo-specific ER-to-Golgi transport complex. Nat Genet. 2003;34:220-5 pubmed..MCFD2 is localized to the ERGIC through a direct, calcium-dependent interaction with LMAN1. These findings suggest that the MCFD2-LMAN1 complex forms a specific cargo receptor for the ER-to-Golgi transport of selected proteins. ..
- Hedera P, Gorski J. Oculo-facio-cardio-dental syndrome: skewed X chromosome inactivation in mother and daughter suggest X-linked dominant Inheritance. Am J Med Genet A. 2003;123A:261-6 pubmed..These two individuals also displayed a skewed pattern of X chromosome inactivation. Together, these data strongly support the hypothesis that OFCD is inherited as an X-linked dominant condition. ..
- Nemzek J, Xiao H, Minard A, Bolgos G, Remick D. Humane endpoints in shock research. Shock. 2004;21:17-25 pubmed..Equipped with the basic principles of humane endpoints, investigators can make informed decisions that meet current standards of animal care while still achieving the scientific goals of their research studies. ..
- Munshi U, Clouser C, Peegel H, Menon K. Evidence that palmitoylation of carboxyl terminus cysteine residues of the human luteinizing hormone receptor regulates postendocytic processing. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:749-58 pubmed..The present study shows that palmitoylation of cysteine residues 643 and 644 of the human LHR is a determinant of recycling. ..
- Sun Y, Schneider A, Jung Y, Wang J, Dai J, Wang J, et al. Skeletal localization and neutralization of the SDF-1(CXCL12)/CXCR4 axis blocks prostate cancer metastasis and growth in osseous sites in vivo. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:318-29 pubmed..These data provide critical support for a role of SDF-1/CXCR4 in skeletal metastasis. Importantly, these data show that SDF-1/CXCR4 participate in localizing tumors to the bone marrow for prostate cancer. ..
- Huang Z, Deng J, Borjigin J. A novel H28Y mutation in LEC rats leads to decreased NAT protein stability in vivo and in vitro. J Pineal Res. 2005;39:84-90 pubmed..Further analysis of the NAT-H28Y will focus on the mechanisms of the increased degradation both in vitro and in vivo, which will facilitate our understanding of how melatonin synthesis is controlled at the molecular level. ..
- Shelburne C, Coopamah M, Sweier D, An F, Lopatin D. HtpG, the Porphyromonas gingivalis HSP-90 homologue, induces the chemokine CXCL8 in human monocytic and microvascular vein endothelial cells. Cell Microbiol. 2007;9:1611-9 pubmed..A P. gingivalis HtpG disruption mutant also induced less CXCL8 mRNA and protein. These results suggest that P. gingivalis HtpG might be involved in CXCL8-mediated immunopathogenesis. ..
- Guo R, Ward P. C5a, a therapeutic target in sepsis. Recent Pat Antiinfect Drug Discov. 2006;1:57-65 pubmed..This review will summarize the beneficial effects of anti-C5a treatment in the rodent model of sepsis and will introduce the most recent patents on this line of research. ..
- Paczesny S, Braun T, Levine J, Hogan J, Crawford J, Coffing B, et al. Elafin is a biomarker of graft-versus-host disease of the skin. Sci Transl Med. 2010;2:13ra2 pubmed publisher..78). We conclude that elafin has significant diagnostic and prognostic value as a biomarker of skin GVHD. ..
- Wong K, Muller M, Kuwabara H, Studenski S, Bohnen N. Olfactory loss and nigrostriatal dopaminergic denervation in the elderly. Neurosci Lett. 2010;484:163-7 pubmed publisher..Olfactory assessment may have potential as a screening tool to detect age-accelerated neurodegeneration in the elderly. ..
- Wu C, Prosser R, Taylor J. Association of depressive symptoms and social support on blood pressure among urban African American women and girls. J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2010;22:694-704 pubmed publisher..Future studies should consider a cohort design to examine the temporal relationship of depressive symptoms, social support, and blood pressure readings. ..
- Son M, Shchepetov M, Adrian P, Madhi S, de Gouveia L, Von Gottberg A, et al. Conserved mutations in the pneumococcal bacteriocin transporter gene, blpA, result in a complex population consisting of producers and cheaters. MBio. 2011;2: pubmed publisher..The outcome of such interactions depends on each strain's repertoire of pheromone, immunity protein, and bacteriocin genes, such that intrastrain competition drives the diversity in bacteriocin, immunity protein, and pheromone content. ..
- Wu L, Lee S, Zhou B, Nguyen U, Muir T, Tan S, et al. ASH2L regulates ubiquitylation signaling to MLL: trans-regulation of H3 K4 methylation in higher eukaryotes. Mol Cell. 2013;49:1108-20 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results potentially expand the classic histone crosstalk to nonhistone proteins, which broadens the scope of chromatin regulation by ubiquitylation signaling. ..
- Keil J, Liu X, Antonetti D. Glucocorticoid induction of occludin expression and endothelial barrier requires transcription factor p54 NONO. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:4007-15 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanism of GC induction of BRB properties may provide novel therapies for macular edema. ..
- Todd T, Tibi O, Lin Y, Sayers S, Bronner D, Xiang Z, et al. Meta-analysis of variables affecting mouse protection efficacy of whole organism Brucella vaccines and vaccine candidates. BMC Bioinformatics. 2013;14 Suppl 6:S3 pubmed publisher..The results obtained provide critical information for rational vaccine study design. Literature meta-analysis is generic and can be applied to analyze variables critical for vaccine protection against other infectious diseases. ..
- Kamada N, Chen G, Inohara N, Nunez G. Control of pathogens and pathobionts by the gut microbiota. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:685-90 pubmed publisher..Understanding pathogen-commensal interactions may lead to new therapeutic approaches to treating infectious diseases...
- Heidelbaugh J. These 3 tools can help you streamline management of IBS. J Fam Pract. 2017;66:346-353 pubmed..A novel explanatory model, Rome IV diagnostic criteria,and evidence-based therapeutic guidelines are making it easier to care for patients with this complex disorder. ..
- Edwards G. Preventing the ax: proving education productivity and linking productivity to cost using the edvision methodology. J Nurses Staff Dev. 2001;17:294-300; quiz 301-2 pubmed..EdVision allows education and training departments to prove their productivity and base resource decisions on data, thereby reducing vulnerability to unnecessary budget cuts. ..
- Heth J. The basic science of glomus jugulare tumors. Neurosurg Focus. 2004;17:E2 pubmed..It is hoped that with further research less invasive measures may be developed to treat these tumors. ..
- El Kashlan H, Telian S. Cochlear implantation in the chronically diseased ear. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004;12:384-6 pubmed..Cochlear implantation can be safely achieved in patients with CSOM. The approach chosen should be individualized based on clinical findings. ..
- Weinberg J, Alexander B, Majure J, Williams L, Kim J, Vandamme P, et al. Burkholderia glumae infection in an infant with chronic granulomatous disease. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:662-5 pubmed..While other Burkholderia species have been identified as important pathogens in persons with CGD, B. glumae has not been previously reported to cause human infection. ..
- Huang W, Zhang Y, Varambally S, Chinnaiyan A, Banerjee M, Merajver S, et al. Inhibition of CCN6 (Wnt-1-induced signaling protein 3) down-regulates E-cadherin in the breast epithelium through induction of snail and ZEB1. Am J Pathol. 2008;172:893-904 pubmed publisher..Together, our results lead to a new hypothesis that Snail and ZEB1 are downstream of CCN6 and play a critical role in CCN6-mediated regulation of E-cadherin in breast cancer. ..
- Czajka Jakubowska A, Liu J, Chang S, Clarkson B. The effect of the surface characteristics of various substrates on fluorapatite crystal growth, alignment, and spatial orientation. Med Sci Monit. 2009;15:MT84-8 pubmed..The surface properties of the substrate on which the nanocrystals grow appear to affect their alignment, organization, and consequently the formation of a prism structure. ..
- Tseng Rogenski S, Liebert M. Interleukin-8 is essential for normal urothelial cell survival. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F816-21 pubmed publisher..Lower IL-8 expression levels in the urinary bladder may contribute to pathophysiology of interstitial cystitis. ..
- Garg S, Vitvitsky V, Albin R, Banerjee R. Astrocytic redox remodeling by amyloid beta peptide. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2011;14:2385-97 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that the alterations in astrocytic redox status could compromise the neuroprotective potential of astrocytes and may be a potential new target for therapeutic intervention in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Tawara I, Sun Y, Liu C, Toubai T, Nieves E, Evers R, et al. Donor- but not host-derived interleukin-10 contributes to the regulation of experimental graft-versus-host disease. J Leukoc Biol. 2012;91:667-75 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that IL-10 does not contribute to the induction of GVHD severity by the Teffs. However, donor BM graft and Treg-derived IL-10 are important for donor Treg-mediated suppression of GVHD. ..
- Ozkurede V, Franchi L. Immunology in clinic review series; focus on autoinflammatory diseases: role of inflammasomes in autoinflammatory syndromes. Clin Exp Immunol. 2012;167:382-90 pubmed publisher..Importantly, understanding the molecular mechanisms of these syndromes has led to effective treatment for these rare diseases with biological drugs that target IL-1Î²-mediated signalling. ..
- Patrick S, Davis M, Sedman A, Meddings J, Hieber S, Lee G, et al. Accuracy of hospital administrative data in reporting central line-associated bloodstream infections in newborns. Pediatrics. 2013;131 Suppl 1:S75-80 pubmed publisher..31 is presently not accurate and cannot be used reliably to compare CLABSI rates in NICUs. ..
- Lynch R, Silva I, Chen B, Punch J, Cascalho M, Platt J. Cryptic B cell response to renal transplantation. Am J Transplant. 2013;13:1713-23 pubmed publisher..The increase in frequency of donor-specific antibody-secreting cells after renal transplantation indicates that B cells respond specifically to the transplant donor more often than previously thought. ..
- Silpe J, Sumit M, Thomas T, Huang B, Kotlyar A, van Dongen M, et al. Avidity modulation of folate-targeted multivalent dendrimers for evaluating biophysical models of cancer targeting nanoparticles. ACS Chem Biol. 2013;8:2063-71 pubmed publisher..We believe this study provides experimental evidence supportive of the mechanistic hypothesis of multivalent NP uptake to a cancer cell over a healthy cell where the diseased cell expresses the folate receptor at higher density. ..
- Jensen M, Wilkinson J, Krainer A. Splicing factor SRSF6 promotes hyperplasia of sensitized skin. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:189-97 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the effects of SRSF6 in wound healing assayed in vitro depend on the tenascin-C isoforms. Thus, abnormal SR-protein expression can perturb tissue homeostasis. ..
- Galluccio F, Müller Ladner U, Furst D, Khanna D, Matucci Cerinic M. Points to consider in renal involvement in systemic sclerosis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:v49-v52 pubmed publisher..Detailed, pre-planned analysis should be strongly considered and should include accounting for missing data...
- Rickman D, Tyagi R, Zhu X, Bobek M, Song S, Blaivas M, et al. The gene for the axonal cell adhesion molecule TAX-1 is amplified and aberrantly expressed in malignant gliomas. Cancer Res. 2001;61:2162-8 pubmed..Our findings suggest that TAX-1 plays a role in glial tumorigenesis and may provide a potential target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Bogner P, Fullen D, Lowe L, Paulino A, Biermann J, Sondak V, et al. Lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymph node biopsy in the detection of early metastasis from sweat gland carcinoma. Cancer. 2003;97:2285-9 pubmed..In the current study, the authors demonstrated the utility of SLN biopsy in detecting subclinical metastases of sweat gland carcinoma, which may result in early treatment...
- Kansra S, Stoll S, Johnson J, Elder J. Autocrine extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) activation in normal human keratinocytes: metalloproteinase-mediated release of amphiregulin triggers signaling from ErbB1 to ERK. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4299-309 pubmed..These results define an amphiregulin- and ErbB1-dependent mechanism by which autocrine ERK activation is maintained in NHKs, even when ErbB1 autophosphorylation and internalization are limited. ..
- Helgeson B, Tomlins S, Shah N, Laxman B, Cao Q, Prensner J, et al. Characterization of TMPRSS2:ETV5 and SLC45A3:ETV5 gene fusions in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2008;68:73-80 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that the family of 5' partners previously identified in ETV1 gene fusions can fuse with other ETS family members, suggesting numerous rare gene fusion permutations in prostate cancer. ..
- Rajpal G, Liu M, Zhang Y, Arvan P. Single-chain insulins as receptor agonists. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:679-88 pubmed publisher..SCIs might theoretically have utility either in immunotherapy or gene therapy in insulin-deficient diabetes. ..