Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression regulation in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Locale: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Topic: gene expression regulation
Publications500 found, 100 shown here
- Ingiosi A, Opp M. Sleep and immunomodulatory responses to systemic lipopolysaccharide in mice selectively expressing interleukin-1 receptor 1 on neurons or astrocytes. Glia. 2016;64:780-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, aspects of central responses to LPS are modulated by IL1R1 in a cell type-specific manner. ..
- Herron T, Vandenboom R, Fomicheva E, Mundada L, Edwards T, Metzger J. Calcium-independent negative inotropy by beta-myosin heavy chain gene transfer in cardiac myocytes. Circ Res. 2007;100:1182-90 pubmed..We conclude that beta-MyHC is a negative inotrope among the cardiac myofilament proteins. ..
- Yang H, Lee C, Zhang L, Sans M, Simeone D. Regulation of transforming growth factor beta-induced responses by protein kinase A in pancreatic acinar cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;295:G170-G178 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that this novel cross talk between TGF-beta and PKA signaling pathways may play an important role in regulating TGF-beta signaling in the pancreas. ..
- Chen H, Wang N, Zhao X, Ross C, O Shea K, McInnis M. Gene expression alterations in bipolar disorder postmortem brains. Bipolar Disord. 2013;15:177-87 pubmed publisher..The apparent normalization of expression patterns with exposure to antipsychotic medication may represent a physiological process that relates both to etiology and improvement patterns of the disorder. ..
- Lauderdale J, Wilensky J, Oliver E, Walton D, Glaser T. 3' deletions cause aniridia by preventing PAX6 gene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:13755-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that remote 3' regulatory elements are required for initiation of PAX6 expression...
- Amer A, Franchi L, Kanneganti T, Body Malapel M, Ozören N, Brady G, et al. Regulation of Legionella phagosome maturation and infection through flagellin and host Ipaf. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:35217-23 pubmed..These results reveal that Ipaf restricts Legionella replication through the regulation of phagosome maturation, providing a novel function for NLR proteins in host defense against an intracellular bacterium. ..
- Vasireddy V, Jablonski M, Mandal M, Raz Prag D, Wang X, Nizol L, et al. Elovl4 5-bp-deletion knock-in mice develop progressive photoreceptor degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:4558-68 pubmed..E_mut+/- animals display characteristic features associated with Stargardt-like macular degeneration and serve as a model for the study of the mechanism underlying STGD3. ..
- Chen C, Dickendesher T, Oyama F, Miyazaki H, Nukina N, Isom L. Floxed allele for conditional inactivation of the voltage-gated sodium channel beta1 subunit Scn1b. Genesis. 2007;45:547-53 pubmed
- Fisseha S, Towns R, Harada M, Peegel H, Menon K. Inhibitory effect of valproic acid on ovarian androgen biosynthesis in rat theca-interstitial cells. Endocrine. 2010;37:187-93 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, VPA exerts an inhibitory effect on hCG-stimulated androgen synthesis in rat T-I cells. ..
- Yang R, Lim G, Dong Z, Lee A, Yee C, Fuller R, et al. The efficiency of dentin sialoprotein-phosphophoryn processing is affected by mutations both flanking and distant from the cleavage site. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:6024-33 pubmed publisher..The fact that several mutations in DSP-PP(240) significantly modified the amount of PP(240) product generated from DSP-PP(240) precursor protein cleavage suggests that such mutation may affect the mineralization process. ..
- Malissovas N, Griffin L, Antonellis A, Beis D. Dimerization is required for GARS-mediated neurotoxicity in dominant CMT disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1528-42 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that dimerization is required for the dominant neurotoxicity of disease-associated GARS mutations and provide a rapid, tractable model for studying newly identified GARS variants for a role in human disease. ..
- Jiang D, Franceschi R, Boules H, Xiao G. Parathyroid hormone induction of the osteocalcin gene. Requirement for an osteoblast-specific element 1 sequence in the promoter and involvement of multiple-signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5329-37 pubmed..Collectively, these studies establish that actions of PTH on the osteocalcin gene are mediated by multiple signaling pathways and require OSE1 and associated nuclear proteins. ..
- Fajans S, Bell G, Paz V, Below J, Cox N, Martin C, et al. Obesity and hyperinsulinemia in a family with pancreatic agenesis and MODY caused by the IPF1 mutation Pro63fsX60. Transl Res. 2010;156:7-14 pubmed publisher..Genetic testing should be considered in multigenerational obese diabetic subjects, particularly when such families contain young diabetic members. ..
- Phimphilai M, Zhao Z, Boules H, Roca H, Franceschi R. BMP signaling is required for RUNX2-dependent induction of the osteoblast phenotype. J Bone Miner Res. 2006;21:637-46 pubmed..This study shows that autocrine BMP production is necessary for the RUNX2 transcription factor to be active and that BMPs and RUNX2 cooperatively interact to stimulate osteoblast gene expression. ..
- Tang H, MacPherson P, Marvin M, Meadows E, Klein W, Yang X, et al. A histone deacetylase 4/myogenin positive feedback loop coordinates denervation-dependent gene induction and suppression. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:1120-31 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discovered an HDAC4/myogenin positive feedback loop that coordinates gene induction and repression underlying muscle phenotypic changes after muscle denervation. ..
- Hermann H, Runnel T, Aab A, Baurecht H, Rodriguez E, Magilnick N, et al. miR-146b Probably Assists miRNA-146a in the Suppression of Keratinocyte Proliferation and Inflammatory Responses in Psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1945-1954 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that besides miR-146a, miR-146b is expressed and might be capable of modulation of inflammatory responses and keratinocyte proliferation in psoriatic skin. ..
- Thompson R, Watson S. Nucleotide sequence and tissue-specific expression of the rat melanin concentrating hormone gene. DNA Cell Biol. 1990;9:637-45 pubmed..We also characterize the central nervous system distribution of expression of the MCH gene by Northern blot analysis, demonstrating that the MCH mRNA is found predominantly if not exclusively within the hypothalamus. ..
- Elenich L, Ford C, Dunnick W. The gamma 1 heavy chain gene includes all of the cis-acting elements necessary for expression of properly regulated germ-line transcripts. J Immunol. 1996;157:176-82 pubmed..Finally, the absolute amount of gamma 1-line transcripts is regulated, as transgenic mice with more than 30 gamma 1 genes express no more germ-line transcripts than nontransgenic mice. ..
- Osuchowski M, Welch K, Siddiqui J, Remick D. Circulating cytokine/inhibitor profiles reshape the understanding of the SIRS/CARS continuum in sepsis and predict mortality. J Immunol. 2006;177:1967-74 pubmed..This multifaceted response questions the use of a simple proinflammatory cytokine measurement for classifying the inflammatory status during sepsis. ..
- Hu J, Hu Y, Smith C, McKee M, Wright J, Yamakoshi Y, et al. Enamel defects and ameloblast-specific expression in Enam knock-out/lacz knock-in mice. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:10858-71 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate ameloblast-specific expression of enamelin and reveal that enamelin is essential for proper enamel matrix organization and mineralization...
- Turner C, Flagel S, Clinton S, Akil H, Watson S. Cocaine interacts with the novelty-seeking trait to modulate FGFR1 gene expression in the rat. Neurosci Lett. 2008;446:105-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cocaine interacts with the novelty-seeking trait to alter gene expression. Thus, the FGF system may contribute to individual differences in the response to drugs of abuse. ..
- Huang S, White E, Wettlaufer S, Grifka H, Hogaboam C, Thannickal V, et al. Prostaglandin E(2) induces fibroblast apoptosis by modulating multiple survival pathways. FASEB J. 2009;23:4317-26 pubmed publisher..They provide another dimension by which PGE(2) may inhibit, and perhaps even reverse, fibrogenesis in patients with interstitial lung disease. ..
- Nicoletti A, Kawase K, Thompson D. Promoter analysis of RPE65, the gene encoding a 61-kDa retinal pigment epithelium-specific protein. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1998;39:637-44 pubmed..Identification of promoter elements and genetic markers in the upstream sequence will enable the screening of patients with retinal degeneration for possible mutations that affect RPE65 expression. ..
- Duan C, Ding J, Li Q, Tsai W, Pozios K. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 is a growth inhibitory protein conserved in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:15274-9 pubmed..These results indicate that zebrafish IGFBP-2 is a negative growth regulator acting downstream in the growth hormone-IGF-I axis. ..
- Zhang J, Wang X, Podlaha O. Testing the chromosomal speciation hypothesis for humans and chimpanzees. Genome Res. 2004;14:845-51 pubmed
- Hampton A, Diaz J, Hawley A, Wrobleski S, Wang J, Lee R, et al. Myeloid cell tissue factor does not contribute to venous thrombogenesis in an electrolytic injury model. Thromb Res. 2012;130:640-5 pubmed publisher..TF is important in the formation of venous thrombi in the macrovasculature. However, TF expression by myeloid cells does not significantly contribute to venous thrombogenesis in this model. ..
- Li Y, Ge C, Long J, Begun D, Rodriguez J, Goldstein S, et al. Biomechanical stimulation of osteoblast gene expression requires phosphorylation of the RUNX2 transcription factor. J Bone Miner Res. 2012;27:1263-74 pubmed publisher..These findings establish ERK/MAPK-mediated phosphorylation of RUNX2 as a critical step in the response of preosteoblasts to dynamic loading and define a novel mechanism to explain how mechanical signals induce gene expression in bone. ..
- Murthy R, Kim J, Sun X, Giger R, Fink D, Mata M. Post-transcriptional regulation of GABAB receptor and GIRK1 channels by Nogo receptor 1. Mol Brain. 2013;6:30 pubmed publisher..Together these findings suggest that NgR1 mediated modulation of synaptic transmission may be accomplished, at least in part, through modulation of G protein coupled receptors and channels. ..
- Leung K, Nabel G. HTLV-1 transactivator induces interleukin-2 receptor expression through an NF-kappa B-like factor. Nature. 1988;333:776-8 pubmed..Both HTLV-I and HIV-1 thus interact with NF-kappa B-like transcription factors which might normally regulate expression of a growth factor receptor gene...
- Lee K, Tirasophon W, Shen X, Michalak M, Prywes R, Okada T, et al. IRE1-mediated unconventional mRNA splicing and S2P-mediated ATF6 cleavage merge to regulate XBP1 in signaling the unfolded protein response. Genes Dev. 2002;16:452-66 pubmed..Both processing of ATF6 and IRE1alpha-mediated splicing of XBP1 mRNA are required for full activation of the UPR. ..
- Madison B, Dunbar L, Qiao X, Braunstein K, Braunstein E, Gumucio D. Cis elements of the villin gene control expression in restricted domains of the vertical (crypt) and horizontal (duodenum, cecum) axes of the intestine. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:33275-83 pubmed
- Inoki K, Ouyang H, Li Y, Guan K. Signaling by target of rapamycin proteins in cell growth control. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev. 2005;69:79-100 pubmed..Here we review the current understanding of the regulation of TOR signaling and discuss its function as a signaling nexus to control cell growth during normal development and tumorigenesis. ..
- Li G, Heaton J, Gelehrter T. Role of steroid receptor coactivators in glucocorticoid and transforming growth factor beta regulation of plasminogen activator inhibitor gene expression. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1025-34 pubmed..Thus, the GR coactivators, SRC-1 and GRIP-1, act as both corepressors of the glucocorticoid repression of PAI-1 gene transcription, and coactivators of TGFbeta-induced activation of the PAI-1 promoter. ..
- Quan T, Shao Y, He T, Voorhees J, Fisher G. Reduced expression of connective tissue growth factor (CTGF/CCN2) mediates collagen loss in chronologically aged human skin. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:415-24 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of the TGF-beta/Smad/CTGF axis likely mediates reduced type I procollagen expression in aged human skin in vivo. ..
- Fong D, Hogaboam C, Matsuno Y, Akira S, Uematsu S, Joshi A. Toll-like receptor 6 drives interleukin-17A expression during experimental hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Immunology. 2010;130:125-36 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that TLR6 plays a pivotal role in the development and severity of HP via its role in IL-17A production. ..
- Xiong X, Wang X, Ewanek R, Bhat P, DiAntonio A, Collins C. Protein turnover of the Wallenda/DLK kinase regulates a retrograde response to axonal injury. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:211-23 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the regulation of Wnd protein turnover by Hiw can function as a damage surveillance mechanism for responding to axonal injury. ..
- Gray B, Fontaine C, Poe S, Eaton K. Complex T cell interactions contribute to Helicobacter pylori gastritis in mice. Infect Immun. 2013;81:740-52 pubmed publisher..We suggest that gastritis due to H. pylori is associated with loss of immunoregulation and alteration of several cytokines and cell subsets and cannot be attributed to a single immune pathway. ..
- Mahoney M, Smale L. Arginine vasopressin and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide fibers make appositions with gonadotropin-releasing hormone and estrogen receptor cells in the diurnal rodent Arvicanthis niloticus. Brain Res. 2005;1049:156-64 pubmed..These data suggest that temporal information is carried along the same direct pathways from the SCN to GnRH and ER neurons in day- and night-active species. ..
- Sato P, Musa H, Coombs W, Guerrero Serna G, Patino G, Taffet S, et al. Loss of plakophilin-2 expression leads to decreased sodium current and slower conduction velocity in cultured cardiac myocytes. Circ Res. 2009;105:523-6 pubmed publisher..Possible relevance to the pathogenesis of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy is discussed. ..
- Sukhotnik I, Coran A, Pollak Y, Kuhnreich E, Berkowitz D, Saxena A. Activated Notch signaling cascade is correlated with stem cell differentiation toward absorptive progenitors after massive small bowel resection in a rat. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2017;313:G247-G255 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that activated Notch signaling cascade directs the crypt cell population toward absorptive progenitors. ..
- Li Y, Liu Y, Xu Y, Voorhees J, Fisher G. UV irradiation induces Snail expression by AP-1 dependent mechanism in human skin keratinocytes. J Dermatol Sci. 2010;60:105-13 pubmed publisher..This induction is mediated by MAPK-AP-1 dependent signaling pathway. Elevated expression of Snail in response to chronic UV irradiation in human skin may contribute to UV irradiation-induced skin tumor development. ..
- Grachtchouk M, Mo R, Yu S, Zhang X, Sasaki H, Hui C, et al. Basal cell carcinomas in mice overexpressing Gli2 in skin. Nat Genet. 2000;24:216-7 pubmed
- Xu Y, Shao Y, Voorhees J, Fisher G. Oxidative inhibition of receptor-type protein-tyrosine phosphatase kappa by ultraviolet irradiation activates epidermal growth factor receptor in human keratinocytes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27389-97 pubmed..These data delineate a novel mechanism of EGFR regulation and identify RPTP-kappa as a key molecular target for antioxidant protection against skin aging. ..
- Heeringa S, Möller C, Du J, Yue L, Hinkes B, Chernin G, et al. A novel TRPC6 mutation that causes childhood FSGS. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7771 pubmed publisher..The large increase in channel currents and impaired channel inactivation caused by the M132T mutant leads to an aggressive phenotype that underlines the importance of calcium dose channeled through TRPC6. ..
- Cornell T, Hinkovska Galcheva V, Sun L, Cai Q, Hershenson M, VanWay S, et al. Ceramide-dependent PP2A regulation of TNFalpha-induced IL-8 production in respiratory epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2009;296:L849-56 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data suggest that in respiratory epithelium, TNFalpha induces ceramide accumulation, resulting in subsequent activation of PP2A, which targets those kinases responsible for transcriptional activation of IL-8. ..
- Own L, Iqbal R, Patel P. Maternal separation alters serotonergic and HPA axis gene expression independent of separation duration in mice. Brain Res. 2013;1515:29-38 pubmed publisher..The shared pattern of expression between MS15 and MS180 conditions suggests a species- or strain- specific response to MS unique to c57bl/6 mice. ..
- Fabisiak K, Erickson R. A familial form of convulsive disorder with or without mental retardation limited to females: extension of a pedigree limits possible genetic mechanisms. Clin Genet. 1990;38:353-8 pubmed..This unusual transmission pattern is discussed in terms of germ-line imprinting, neuronal sexual differentiation, and the generally higher risk of seizures seen when the mother, rather than the father, is affected. ..
- Chen Z, Menon K. Expression of high density lipoprotein-binding protein messenger ribonucleic acid in the rat ovary and its regulation by gonadotropin. Endocrinology. 1994;134:2360-6 pubmed..The present study, for the first time, shows conclusively the presence of HBP mRNA in the rat ovary and its induction by hCG, implicating a physiological role for HBP in the ovary. ..
- Gummow B, Scheys J, Cancelli V, Hammer G. Reciprocal regulation of a glucocorticoid receptor-steroidogenic factor-1 transcription complex on the Dax-1 promoter by glucocorticoids and adrenocorticotropic hormone in the adrenal cortex. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:2711-23 pubmed..These data indicate that GR provides feedback regulation of adrenocortical steroid production through synergistic activation of Dax-1 with SF-1, which is antagonized by ACTH activation of the adrenal cortex...
- Bai L, Merchant J. ATM phosphorylates ZBP-89 at Ser202 to potentiate p21waf1 induction by butyrate. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:817-21 pubmed..These results demonstrate that ATM phosphorylation of ZBP-89 contributes to HDACi induction of p21(waf1) gene expression. ..
- Ballinger M, Hubbard L, McMillan T, Toews G, Peters Golden M, Paine R, et al. Paradoxical role of alveolar macrophage-derived granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in pulmonary host defense post-bone marrow transplantation. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2008;295:L114-22 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the complex regulation of GM-CSF and innate immunity post-BMT. ..
- Todi S, Winborn B, Scaglione K, Blount J, Travis S, Paulson H. Ubiquitination directly enhances activity of the deubiquitinating enzyme ataxin-3. EMBO J. 2009;28:372-82 pubmed publisher..Ataxin-3 is the first reported DUB in which ubiquitination directly regulates catalytic activity. We propose a new function for protein ubiquitination in regulating the activity of certain DUBs and perhaps other enzymes...
- Chang L, Villacorta L, Zhang J, Garcia Barrio M, Yang K, Hamblin M, et al. Vascular smooth muscle cell-selective peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma deletion leads to hypotension. Circulation. 2009;119:2161-9 pubmed publisher..These data uncovered the beta2-AdR as a novel target of PPARgamma transcriptional repression in vascular smooth muscle cells and indicate that PPARgamma regulation of beta2-adrenergic signaling is important in the modulation of BP. ..
- Guan J. Integrin signaling through FAK in the regulation of mammary stem cells and breast cancer. IUBMB Life. 2010;62:268-76 pubmed publisher..This review discusses these recent advances and future studies into the mechanism of integrin signaling through FAK in breast cancer through regulation of MaCSCs that may lead to development of novel therapies for this deadly disease. ..
- Singer K, Morris D, Oatmen K, Wang T, Delproposto J, Mergian T, et al. Neuropeptide Y is produced by adipose tissue macrophages and regulates obesity-induced inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57929 pubmed publisher..Overall, our studies suggest that NPY is produced by a range of myeloid cells and that obesity activates the production of NPY in adipose tissue macrophages with autocrine and paracrine effects. ..
- Ajayi I, Sisson T, Higgins P, Booth A, Sagana R, Huang S, et al. X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis regulates lung fibroblast resistance to Fas-mediated apoptosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013;49:86-95 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings support a mechanistic role for XIAP in the apoptosis-resistant phenotype of IPF fibroblasts. ..
- Kumar A, Zhang J, Tallaksen Greene S, Crowley M, Crossman D, Morton A, et al. Allelic series of Huntington's disease knock-in mice reveals expression discorrelates. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1619-36 pubmed publisher..The overall strategy described can be applied to assess the influence of any molecular change on pathology for diseases where different mutations cause graded phenotypic severity. ..
- McHenry C, Liu Y, Feng W, Nair A, Feathers K, Ding X, et al. MERTK arginine-844-cysteine in a patient with severe rod-cone dystrophy: loss of mutant protein function in transfected cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:1456-63 pubmed..The loss of function of C844 MERTK is probably due to decreased protein stability. ..
- Haas C, Creighton C, Pi X, Maine I, Koch A, Haines G, et al. Identification of genes modulated in rheumatoid arthritis using complementary DNA microarray analysis of lymphoblastoid B cell lines from disease-discordant monozygotic twins. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:2047-60 pubmed..Microarray cDNA analysis of peripheral blood-derived LCLs from well-controlled patient populations is a useful tool to detect RA-relevant genes and could help in identifying novel therapeutic targets. ..
- Vasireddy V, Uchida Y, Salem N, Kim S, Mandal M, Reddy G, et al. Loss of functional ELOVL4 depletes very long-chain fatty acids (> or =C28) and the unique omega-O-acylceramides in skin leading to neonatal death. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:471-82 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that ELOVL4 is required for generating VLFA critical for epidermal barrier function, and that the lack of epidermal omega-O-acylceramides is incompatible with survival in a desiccating environment. ..
- Kerppola T. Polycomb group complexes--many combinations, many functions. Trends Cell Biol. 2009;19:692-704 pubmed publisher..Future studies of this enigmatic group of developmental regulators are certain to produce unanticipated discoveries. ..
- Muntean A, Tan J, Sitwala K, Huang Y, Bronstein J, Connelly J, et al. The PAF complex synergizes with MLL fusion proteins at HOX loci to promote leukemogenesis. Cancer Cell. 2010;17:609-21 pubmed publisher..Deletions of MLL that abolish interactions with PAFc also eliminate MLL-AF9 mediated immortalization indicating an essential function for this interaction in leukemogenesis. ..
- Hernandez C, Molusky M, Li Y, Li S, Lin J. Regulation of hepatic ApoC3 expression by PGC-1β mediates hypolipidemic effect of nicotinic acid. Cell Metab. 2010;12:411-419 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies identify PGC-1β as an important regulator of the APOC3 gene cluster and reveal a mechanism through which nicotinic acid achieves its therapeutic effects. ..
- Wang J, Wang Y, Han J, Li Y, Xie C, Xie L, et al. Integrated analysis of microRNA and mRNA expression profiles in the left atrium of patients with nonvalvular paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: Role of miR-146b-5p in atrial fibrosis. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:1018-26 pubmed publisher..miR-146b-5p probably acts as an intracellular mediator in the maladaptive remodeling in atrial fibrosis in atrial fibrillation. ..
- Hu B, Wu Z, Hergert P, Henke C, Bitterman P, Phan S. Regulation of myofibroblast differentiation by poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:71-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PARylation is important for myofibroblast differentiation and the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Ribon V, Herrera R, Kay B, Saltiel A. A role for CAP, a novel, multifunctional Src homology 3 domain-containing protein in formation of actin stress fibers and focal adhesions. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:4073-80 pubmed..These results suggest that CAP may mediate signals for the formation of stress fibers and focal adhesions. ..
- Sinha I, Hannawa K, Eliason J, Ailawadi G, Deogracias M, Bethi S, et al. Early MT-1 MMP expression following elastase exposure is associated with increased cleaved MMP-2 activity in experimental rodent aortic aneurysms. Surgery. 2004;136:176-82 pubmed..02). The rodent aortic aneurysm model exhibits upregulation of MT1-MMP expression and protein with subsequent increased conversion of MMP-2 from the latent to the cleaved form. ..
- Hu B, Wu Z, Jin H, Hashimoto N, Liu T, Phan S. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta isoforms and the regulation of alpha-smooth muscle actin gene expression by IL-1 beta. J Immunol. 2004;173:4661-8 pubmed..These data taken together suggest that C/EBPbeta isoforms regulate alpha-SMA gene expression, and that its inhibition by IL-1beta was due to preferential stimulation of LIP expression. ..
- Fearon E, Cadigan K. Cell biology. Wnt signaling glows with RNAi. Science. 2005;308:801-3 pubmed
- Elner S, Petty H, Elner V, Yoshida A, Bian Z, Yang D, et al. TLR4 mediates human retinal pigment epithelial endotoxin binding and cytokine expression. Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc. 2005;103:126-35; discussion 135-7 pubmed..These roles indicate potential involvement in retinal degenerative and inflammatory processes. ..
- Glaros S, Cirrincione G, Muchardt C, Kleer C, Michael C, Reisman D. The reversible epigenetic silencing of BRM: implications for clinical targeted therapy. Oncogene. 2007;26:7058-66 pubmed..Thus, BRG1 and BRM are silenced by different mechanisms, and it may be possible to clinically target and reexpress BRM in a number of tumor types, potentially impacting tumor development. ..
- Cheng H, Khan N, Roger J, Swaroop A. Excess cones in the retinal degeneration rd7 mouse, caused by the loss of function of orphan nuclear receptor Nr2e3, originate from early-born photoreceptor precursors. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:4102-15 pubmed publisher..These studies further support the 'transcriptional dominance' model of photoreceptor cell fate determination and provide insights into the pathogenesis of retinal disease phenotypes caused by NR2E3 mutations. ..
- Wiley J, Higgins G, Athey B. Stress and glucocorticoid receptor transcriptional programming in time and space: Implications for the brain-gut axis. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2016;28:12-25 pubmed publisher..Dysregulation of the central and peripheral GR regulome has potentially significant consequences for stress-related disorders affecting the brain-gut axis. ..
- Lu Q, Wu A, Richardson B. Demethylation of the same promoter sequence increases CD70 expression in lupus T cells and T cells treated with lupus-inducing drugs. J Immunol. 2005;174:6212-9 pubmed
- Liao H, Hyman M, Lawrence D, Pinsky D. Molecular regulation of the PAI-1 gene by hypoxia: contributions of Egr-1, HIF-1alpha, and C/EBPalpha. FASEB J. 2007;21:935-49 pubmed..These studies are relevant to ischemic up-regulation of the PAI-1 gene and consequent accrual of microvascular thrombus under ischemic conditions. ..
- Kanda A, Friedman J, Nishiguchi K, Swaroop A. Retinopathy mutations in the bZIP protein NRL alter phosphorylation and transcriptional activity. Hum Mutat. 2007;28:589-98 pubmed..We propose that differential phosphorylation of NRL fine-tunes its transcriptional regulatory activity, leading to a more precise control of gene expression. ..
- Saqui Salces M, Covés Datson E, Veniaminova N, Waghray M, Syu L, Dlugosz A, et al. Inflammation and Gli2 suppress gastrin gene expression in a murine model of antral hyperplasia. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48039 pubmed publisher..In summary, epithelial Gli2 expression was sufficient to stimulate Il-1? expression, repress Gast gene expression and increase proliferation, leading to antral hyperplasia. ..
- Xiao J, Feng X, Di W, Peng Z, Li L, Chambon P, et al. Identification of heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor as a target in intercellular regulation of epidermal basal cell growth by suprabasal retinoic acid receptors. EMBO J. 1999;18:1539-48 pubmed..These events may underlie retinoid action in epidermal regeneration during wound healing. ..
- You Z, Madrid L, Saims D, Sedivy J, Wang C. c-Myc sensitizes cells to tumor necrosis factor-mediated apoptosis by inhibiting nuclear factor kappa B transactivation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36671-7 pubmed..Our results elucidate the molecular mechanisms by which c-Myc increases cell susceptibility to TNF-mediated apoptosis, indicating that c-Myc may exhibit its pro-apoptotic activities by repression of cell survival genes. ..
- Hannawa K, Eliason J, Woodrum D, Pearce C, Roelofs K, Grigoryants V, et al. L-selectin-mediated neutrophil recruitment in experimental rodent aneurysm formation. Circulation. 2005;112:241-7 pubmed..3 versus 0.5 macrophages/HPF, P<0.001). L-selectin-mediated neutrophil recruitment may be a critical early step in AAA formation. ..
- Torregrossa M, Jutkiewicz E, Mosberg H, Balboni G, Watson S, Woods J. Peptidic delta opioid receptor agonists produce antidepressant-like effects in the forced swim test and regulate BDNF mRNA expression in rats. Brain Res. 2006;1069:172-81 pubmed
- Chen H, Wang N, Burmeister M, McInnis M. MicroRNA expression changes in lymphoblastoid cell lines in response to lithium treatment. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2009;12:975-81 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miRNAs are excellent candidates for the study of the molecular basis of Li's treatment action in cell systems such as lymphocytes given limited access to the human brain. ..
- Chen Y, Gorelik G, Strickland F, Richardson B. Decreased ERK and JNK signaling contribute to gene overexpression in "senescent" CD4+CD28- T cells through epigenetic mechanisms. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;87:137-45 pubmed publisher..We conclude that decreased ERK and JNK signaling in the CD4+CD28- subset, arising with replicative stress, can lead to the overexpression of normally suppressed genes through effects on Dnmts and consequently, chromatin structure. ..
- He Y, Reichow S, Ramamoorthy S, Ding X, Lathigra R, Craig J, et al. Brucella melitensis triggers time-dependent modulation of apoptosis and down-regulation of mitochondrion-associated gene expression in mouse macrophages. Infect Immun. 2006;74:5035-46 pubmed..melitensis 16M appears to inhibit apoptosis of macrophages by blocking release of cytochrome c and production of reactive oxygen species in the mitochondria, thus preventing activation of caspase cascades. ..
- Xing L, Remick D. Promoter elements responsible for antioxidant regulation of MCP-1 gene expression. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2007;9:1979-89 pubmed..In conclusion, DMSO inhibits MCP-1 gene expression through both NF-kappaB binding sites located far upstream of the 5'-flanking region of the MCP-1 promoter. ..
- Wright C, Duckett C. The aryl hydrocarbon nuclear translocator alters CD30-mediated NF-kappaB-dependent transcription. Science. 2009;323:251-5 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that ARNT functions in concert with RelB in a CD30-induced negative feedback mechanism. ..