Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression profiling in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Locale: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Topic: gene expression profiling
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- Dalebroux Z, Yagi B, Sahr T, Buchrieser C, Swanson M. Distinct roles of ppGpp and DksA in Legionella pneumophila differentiation. Mol Microbiol. 2010;76:200-19 pubmed publisher..Thus, DksA responds to the level of ppGpp and other stress signals to co-ordinate L. pneumophila differentiation. ..
- Reka A, Chen G, Jones R, Amunugama R, Kim S, Karnovsky A, et al. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition-associated secretory phenotype predicts survival in lung cancer patients. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:1292-300 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that integrative analysis of the critical biological process of EMT provides mechanism-based and clinically relevant biomarkers with significant prognostic value. ..
- Saiya Cork K, Collins R, Parkin B, Ouillette P, Kuizon E, Kujawski L, et al. A pathobiological role of the insulin receptor in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:2679-92 pubmed publisher..Our aggregate biochemical and clinical outcome data suggest biologically meaningful elevated INSR expression in a substantial subset of all CLL cases, including many cases with del11q. ..
- Yu J, He S, Friedman J, Akimoto M, Ghosh D, Mears A, et al. Altered expression of genes of the Bmp/Smad and Wnt/calcium signaling pathways in the cone-only Nrl-/- mouse retina, revealed by gene profiling using custom cDNA microarrays. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:42211-20 pubmed..We hypothesize that Bmp/Smad and Wnt/Ca(2+) pathways participate in cell-cell communication in the mature retina, and expression changes observed in the Nrl(-/-) retina reflect their biased utilization in rod versus cone homeostasis. ..
- Zhou W, Hildebrandt F. Molecular cloning and expression of phospholipase C epsilon 1 in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:282-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that zebrafish may be used as a model organism to address the function of PLCepsilon during the development of these organs. ..
- Habtezion A, Toivola D, Asghar M, Kronmal G, Brooks J, Butcher E, et al. Absence of keratin 8 confers a paradoxical microflora-dependent resistance to apoptosis in the colon. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1445-50 pubmed publisher..Therefore, unlike the proapoptotic effect of K8 mutation or absence in hepatocytes, lack of K8 confers resistance to colonocyte apoptosis in a microflora-dependent manner. ..
- Su G, Burant C, Beecher C, Athey B, Meng F. Integrated metabolome and transcriptome analysis of the NCI60 dataset. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12 Suppl 1:S36 pubmed publisher..We expect the availability of large scale metabolome data in the coming years will significantly promote the discovery of novel biomarkers, which will in turn improve the understanding of molecular mechanism underlying diseases. ..
- Zhao W, Berthier C, Lewis E, McCune W, Kretzler M, Kaplan M. The peroxisome-proliferator activated receptor-Î³ agonist pioglitazone modulates aberrant T cell responses in systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Immunol. 2013;149:119-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PPAR-Î³ agonists selectively modulate CD4+ T cell function in SLE supporting the concept that pioglitazone and related,-agents should be explored as potential therapies in this disease. ..
- Dai L, Li C, Shedden K, Lee C, Li C, Quoc H, et al. Quantitative proteomic profiling studies of pancreatic cancer stem cells. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:3394-402 pubmed publisher..Ingenuity Pathway analysis of these differential expression signatures further suggests significant involvement of signaling pathways related to apoptosis, cell proliferation, inflammation, and metastasis. ..
- Manna S, Tanaka N, Krausz K, Haznadar M, Xue X, Matsubara T, et al. Biomarkers of coordinate metabolic reprogramming in colorectal tumors in mice and humans. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:1313-24 pubmed publisher..These urine and tissue markers might be used in early detection of colorectal cancer. ..
- Ji B, Chen X, Misek D, Kuick R, Hanash S, Ernst S, et al. Pancreatic gene expression during the initiation of acute pancreatitis: identification of EGR-1 as a key regulator. Physiol Genomics. 2003;14:59-72 pubmed..Thus this study identified EGR-1 and several other novel genes likely to be important in the development and severity of acute pancreatitis. ..
- Iwashita T, Kruger G, Pardal R, Kiel M, Morrison S. Hirschsprung disease is linked to defects in neural crest stem cell function. Science. 2003;301:972-6 pubmed..Gene expression profiling, combined with reverse genetics and analyses of stem cell function, suggests that Hirschsprung disease is caused by defects in neural crest stem cell function. ..
- Abend J, Low J, Imperiale M. Global effects of BKV infection on gene expression in human primary kidney epithelial cells. Virology. 2010;397:73-9 pubmed publisher..These results provide information about how BKV interacts with a cell type in which it both establishes persistence and undergoes lytic reactivation...
- Shedden K, Chen W, Kuick R, Ghosh D, Macdonald J, Cho K, et al. Comparison of seven methods for producing Affymetrix expression scores based on False Discovery Rates in disease profiling data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:26 pubmed..Performance of array processing methods in disease profiling and other realistic biological studies should be given greater consideration when comparing Affymetrix processing methods. ..
- Kahlenberg J, Thacker S, Berthier C, Cohen C, Kretzler M, Kaplan M. Inflammasome activation of IL-18 results in endothelial progenitor cell dysfunction in systemic lupus erythematosus. J Immunol. 2011;187:6143-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, the effects of IFN-? are complex and contribute to an elevated risk of cardiovascular disease by suppression of IL-1? pathways and by upregulation of the inflammasome machinery and potentiation of IL-18 activation. ..
- Gudjonsson J, Aphale A, Grachtchouk M, Ding J, Nair R, Wang T, et al. Lack of evidence for activation of the hedgehog pathway in psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:635-40 pubmed publisher..The absence of elevated Hh target gene expression in lesional psoriatic skin indicates that the Hh pathway is not activated in this disease, raising questions regarding the proposed use of Hh antagonists as antipsoriatic agents. ..
- Civelek M, Wu Y, Pan C, Raulerson C, Ko A, He A, et al. Genetic Regulation of Adipose Gene Expression and Cardio-Metabolic Traits. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:428-443 pubmed publisher..These results provide candidate genes for further investigation of their potential roles in adipose biology and in regulating cardio-metabolic traits. ..
- Androsavich J, Chau B, Bhat B, Linsley P, Walter N. Disease-linked microRNA-21 exhibits drastically reduced mRNA binding and silencing activity in healthy mouse liver. RNA. 2012;18:1510-26 pubmed publisher..Consequently, enhanced association with polysome-associated mRNA is likely to explain in part the gain of miR-21 function often found in diseased or stressed cells. ..
- Liu P, Lassén E, Nair V, Berthier C, Suguro M, Sihlbom C, et al. Transcriptomic and Proteomic Profiling Provides Insight into Mesangial Cell Function in IgA Nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2961-2972 pubmed publisher..The genes, proteins, and corresponding pathways identified provide novel insights into the pathophysiologic mechanisms leading to IgAN. ..
- Yu J, Othman M, Farjo R, Zareparsi S, MacNee S, Yoshida S, et al. Evaluation and optimization of procedures for target labeling and hybridization of cDNA microarrays. Mol Vis. 2002;8:130-7 pubmed..These procedures have been used for expression profiling with 3 microgram of starting RNA. Our studies should encourage further use of microarray technology for gene profiling during eye development and in retinal diseases. ..
- Sartor M, Leikauf G, Medvedovic M. LRpath: a logistic regression approach for identifying enriched biological groups in gene expression data. Bioinformatics. 2009;25:211-7 pubmed publisher..It is applicable in experiments involving two or more sample types, and accepts significance statistics of the investigator's choice as input. ..
- McLean K, Gong Y, Choi Y, Deng N, Yang K, Bai S, et al. Human ovarian carcinoma–associated mesenchymal stem cells regulate cancer stem cells and tumorigenesis via altered BMP production. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:3206-19 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that MSCs in the ovarian tumor microenvironment have an expression profile that promotes tumorigenesis and that BMP inhibition may be an effective therapeutic approach for ovarian cancer. ..
- Gong S, Gong T, Shum L. Identification of markers of the midface. J Dent Res. 2005;84:69-72 pubmed..With the identification of these genes, and possibly others, functional analyses can be conducted to improve our understanding of the mechanisms and pathways by which the midface forms. ..
- Krolewski D, Medina A, Kerman I, Bernard R, Burke S, Thompson R, et al. Expression patterns of corticotropin-releasing factor, arginine vasopressin, histidine decarboxylase, melanin-concentrating hormone, and orexin genes in the human hypothalamus. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:4591-611 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that human hypothalamic neurons involved in the regulation of the HPA axis display distinct neurochemical patterns that may encompass multiple local nuclei. ..
- Girard S, Vossman E, Misek D, Podevin P, Hanash S, Brechot C, et al. Hepatitis C virus NS5A-regulated gene expression and signaling revealed via microarray and comparative promoter analyses. Hepatology. 2004;40:708-18 pubmed..Supplementary material for this article can be found on the HEPATOLOGY website (http://interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0270-9139/suppmat/index.html). ..
- Mandal M, Heckenlively J, Burch T, Chen L, Vasireddy V, Koenekoop R, et al. Sequencing arrays for screening multiple genes associated with early-onset human retinal degenerations on a high-throughput platform. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:3355-62 pubmed..In addition, these arrays offer a unique opportunity to interrogate complex patterns of inheritance due to the involvement of more than one gene by screening multiple genes on a single platform. ..
- Hess J, Bittner C, Zeisig D, Bach C, Fuchs U, Borkhardt A, et al. c-Myb is an essential downstream target for homeobox-mediated transformation of hematopoietic cells. Blood. 2006;108:297-304 pubmed..These results suggest that c-Myb is essential but not sufficient for Hoxa9/Meis1 mediated transformation. ..
- Davis G, Flannery E, Mobley H. Helicobacter pylori HP1512 is a nickel-responsive NikR-regulated outer membrane protein. Infect Immun. 2006;74:6811-20 pubmed publisher..pylori 26695. Taken together, these data suggest that HP1512 encodes a NikR-nickel-regulated outer membrane protein...
- Privette L, Gonzalez M, Ding L, Kleer C, Petty E. Altered expression of the early mitotic checkpoint protein, CHFR, in breast cancers: implications for tumor suppression. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6064-74 pubmed
- Duda T, Remigio E. Variation and evolution of toxin gene expression patterns of six closely related venomous marine snails. Mol Ecol. 2008;17:3018-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the evolution of conotoxin expression patterns is incredibly dynamic and the differentiation of venoms of Conus is controlled in part by the evolution of unique conotoxin expression patterns. ..
- Burkitt K, Chun S, Dang D, Dang L. Targeting both HIF-1 and HIF-2 in human colon cancer cells improves tumor response to sunitinib treatment. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:1148-56 pubmed publisher..Second, disruption of HIF-1?, HIF-2?, or both HIF-1? and HIF-2? genes directly inhibited tumor cell proliferation. These preclinical findings have clinical implications and suggest novel clinical trials. ..
- Swindell W. Genes and gene expression modules associated with caloric restriction and aging in the laboratory mouse. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:585 pubmed publisher..The association between CR and aging warrants further study, but most evidence indicates that CR does not induce a genome-wide "reversal" of age-associated gene expression patterns. ..
- Taveirne M, Theriot C, Livny J, DiRita V. The complete Campylobacter jejuni transcriptome during colonization of a natural host determined by RNAseq. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73586 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insights into how C. jejuni responds and adapts to the cecal environment and reveals new functions involved in colonization of its natural host. ..
- O Brien P, Hur J, Robell N, Hayes J, Sakowski S, Feldman E. Gender-specific differences in diabetic neuropathy in BTBR ob/ob mice. J Diabetes Complications. 2016;30:30-7 pubmed publisher..Similar to males, female BTBR ob/ob mice display robust DPN, and pathways related to inflammation are dysregulated in peripheral nerve. ..
- McCoy S, Reed T, Berthier C, Tsou P, Liu J, Gudjonsson J, et al. Scleroderma keratinocytes promote fibroblast activation independent of transforming growth factor beta. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:1970-1981 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms by which fibroblasts are induced to become pro-fibrotic remain unclear. Thus, we examined the ability of SSc keratinocytes to promote fibroblast activation and the source of this effect...
- McCullumsmith R, Meador Woodruff J. Striatal excitatory amino acid transporter transcript expression in schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2002;26:368-75 pubmed..These results suggest that changes in striatal transporter mRNA expression are restricted to neuronal EAATs and extend the body of evidence implicating abnormal glutamatergic neurotransmission in schizophrenia and mood disorders. ..
- Girard S, Shalhoub P, Lescure P, Sabile A, Misek D, Hanash S, et al. An altered cellular response to interferon and up-regulation of interleukin-8 induced by the hepatitis C viral protein NS5A uncovered by microarray analysis. Virology. 2002;295:272-83 pubmed..Our findings provide a mechanism for NS5A-mediated interferon resistance. ..
- Ross S, Erickson R, Gerin I, DeRose P, Bajnok L, Longo K, et al. Microarray analyses during adipogenesis: understanding the effects of Wnt signaling on adipogenesis and the roles of liver X receptor alpha in adipocyte metabolism. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:5989-99 pubmed..These findings demonstrate new metabolic roles for LXR alpha and increase our understanding of adipogenesis. ..
- Varambally S, Dhanasekaran S, Zhou M, Barrette T, Kumar Sinha C, Sanda M, et al. The polycomb group protein EZH2 is involved in progression of prostate cancer. Nature. 2002;419:624-9 pubmed..Thus, dysregulated expression of EZH2 may be involved in the progression of prostate cancer, as well as being a marker that distinguishes indolent prostate cancer from those at risk of lethal progression. ..
- Ma J, Jin R, Jia X, Dobry C, Wang L, Reggiori F, et al. An interrelationship between autophagy and filamentous growth in budding yeast. Genetics. 2007;177:205-14 pubmed..This physiological connection highlights the central role of autophagy in regulating the cell's nutritional state and the responsiveness of PHG to that state. ..
- Kato K, Cui S, Kuick R, Mineishi S, Hexner E, Ferrara J, et al. Identification of stem cell transcriptional programs normally expressed in embryonic and neural stem cells in alloreactive CD8+ T cells mediating graft-versus-host disease. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2010;16:751-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings identify that a group of stem cell genes could play important roles in sustaining terminally differentiated alloreactive CD8(+) T(E) and may be therapeutic targets for controlling GVHD. ..
- Hur J, Sullivan K, Schuyler A, Hong Y, Pande M, States D, et al. Literature-based discovery of diabetes- and ROS-related targets. BMC Med Genomics. 2010;3:49 pubmed publisher..Literature mining compiled ROS-diabetes related targets from the biomedical literature and led us to evaluate the biological relevance of selected targets in the pathogenesis of diabetic neuropathy. ..
- Reka A, Kuick R, Kurapati H, Standiford T, Omenn G, Keshamouni V. Identifying inhibitors of epithelial-mesenchymal transition by connectivity map-based systems approach. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:1784-92 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the potential of a systems approach in identifying novel modulators of a complex biological process. ..
- Wang R, Asangani I, Chakravarthi B, Ateeq B, Lonigro R, Cao Q, et al. Role of transcriptional corepressor CtBP1 in prostate cancer progression. Neoplasia. 2012;14:905-14 pubmed..Taken together, our studies demonstrated that dysregulated expression of CtBP1 plays an important role in prostate cancer progression and may serve as a viable therapeutic target. ..
- Olszewski M, Huffnagle G, Traynor T, McDonald R, Cook D, Toews G. Regulatory effects of macrophage inflammatory protein 1alpha/CCL3 on the development of immunity to Cryptococcus neoformans depend on expression of early inflammatory cytokines. Infect Immun. 2001;69:6256-63 pubmed..We conclude that, in the absence of other innate immune response effector molecules, MIP-1alpha is crucial to prevent the development of EP and to control C. neoformans dissemination to the brain. ..
- Wu J, Rutkowski D, Dubois M, Swathirajan J, Saunders T, Wang J, et al. ATF6alpha optimizes long-term endoplasmic reticulum function to protect cells from chronic stress. Dev Cell. 2007;13:351-64 pubmed..These results suggest that the vertebrate ATF6alpha pathway evolved to maintain ER function when cells are challenged with chronic stress and provide a rationale for the overlap among the three UPR pathways. ..
- Zhai Y, Kuick R, Nan B, Ota I, Weiss S, Trimble C, et al. Gene expression analysis of preinvasive and invasive cervical squamous cell carcinomas identifies HOXC10 as a key mediator of invasion. Cancer Res. 2007;67:10163-72 pubmed..Other genes with differential expression in invasive SCC versus HSIL may contribute to tumor progression or may be useful as markers for cancer diagnosis or progression risk. ..
- Li S, Liu C, Li N, Hao T, Han T, Hill D, et al. Genome-wide coactivation analysis of PGC-1alpha identifies BAF60a as a regulator of hepatic lipid metabolism. Cell Metab. 2008;8:105-17 pubmed publisher..These results define a role for the SWI/SNF complexes in the regulation of lipid homeostasis. ..
- Podlaha O, Zhang J. Processed pseudogenes: the 'fossilized footprints' of past gene expression. Trends Genet. 2009;25:429-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, processed pseudogenes might serve as fossilized footprints of the expression of their parent genes, shedding light on ancient transcriptomes that could provide significant insights into the evolution of gene expression. ..
- Hall C, Zhang H, Baile S, Ljungman M, Kuhstoss S, Keller E. p21CIP-1/WAF-1 induction is required to inhibit prostate cancer growth elicited by deficient expression of the Wnt inhibitor Dickkopf-1. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9916-26 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings demonstrate that DKK-1 overexpression supports tumor growth in part by restricting expression of p21(CIP1/WAF1) through a mechanism independent of canonical Wnt signaling. ..
- Chen F, Ding X, Ding Y, Xiang Z, Li X, Ghosh D, et al. Proinflammatory caspase-2-mediated macrophage cell death induced by a rough attenuated Brucella suis strain. Infect Immun. 2011;79:2460-9 pubmed publisher..This unique cell death differs from apoptosis, which is not proinflammatory. It is also different from classical pyroptosis, which is caspase-1 mediated...
- Pearson M, Yep A, Smith S, Mobley H. Transcriptome of Proteus mirabilis in the murine urinary tract: virulence and nitrogen assimilation gene expression. Infect Immun. 2011;79:2619-31 pubmed publisher..mirabilis uses glutamate dehydrogenase to monitor carbon-nitrogen balance, and this ability contributes to the pathogenic potential of P. mirabilis in the urinary tract...
- Figueroa Romero C, Hur J, Bender D, Delaney C, Cataldo M, Smith A, et al. Identification of epigenetically altered genes in sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52672 pubmed publisher..This study represents an initial identification of epigenetic regulatory mechanisms in sALS which may improve our understanding of sALS pathogenesis for the identification of biomarkers and new therapeutic targets. ..
- Ju W, Greene C, Eichinger F, Nair V, Hodgin J, Bitzer M, et al. Defining cell-type specificity at the transcriptional level in human disease. Genome Res. 2013;23:1862-73 pubmed publisher..Identified cell-lineage-specific transcripts are expected to play essential tissue-specific roles in organogenesis and disease and can provide starting points for the development of organ-specific diagnostics and therapies. ..
- Temple W, Mendelsohn L, Kim G, Nekritz E, Gustafson W, Lin L, et al. Vesicular monoamine transporter protein expression correlates with clinical features, tumor biology, and MIBG avidity in neuroblastoma: a report from the Children's Oncology Group. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2016;43:474-481 pubmed publisher..VMAT1 and VMAT2 are expressed in the majority of neuroblastomas. Expression correlates with other biological features. The expression level of VMAT2 but not that of VMAT1 correlates with avidity for MIBG. ..
- Williams T, Williams M, Kuick R, Misek D, McDonagh K, Hanash S, et al. Candidate downstream regulated genes of HOX group 13 transcription factors with and without monomeric DNA binding capability. Dev Biol. 2005;279:462-80 pubmed..Our results suggest that HOX protein-protein interactions without direct HOX DNA-binding may play a larger role in HOX transcriptional regulation than generally assumed, and DNA-binding appears critical for repression. ..
- Standiford T, Kuick R, Bhan U, Chen J, Newstead M, Keshamouni V. TGF-?-induced IRAK-M expression in tumor-associated macrophages regulates lung tumor growth. Oncogene. 2011;30:2475-84 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrates that TGF-?-dependent induction of IRAK-M expression is an important, clinically relevant mechanism by which tumors may circumvent anti-tumor responses of macrophages. ..
- Albertus D, Seder C, Chen G, Wang X, Hartojo W, Lin L, et al. AZGP1 autoantibody predicts survival and histone deacetylase inhibitors increase expression in lung adenocarcinoma. J Thorac Oncol. 2008;3:1236-44 pubmed publisher..The presence of AZGP1 serum autoantibody may be used as a prognostic marker in patients with AD. Furthermore, up-regulation of AZGP1 mRNA in AD may be affected by chromatin remodeling by means of histone acetylation. ..
- Zacks D. Gene transcription profile of the detached retina (An AOS Thesis). Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc. 2009;107:343-82 pubmed..We also define the early activation of kinases that might be responsible for the detachment-induced changes in gene transcription...
- Rahman A, Hershey S, Ahmed S, Nibbelink K, Simpson R. Heart extracellular matrix gene expression profile in the vitamin D receptor knockout mice. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;103:416-9 pubmed..This data supports a role for 1,25D in heart ECM metabolism and suggests that MMPs and TIMPs expression may be modulated by vitamin D. ..
- Watson R, Spalding A, Zielske S, Morgan M, Kim A, Bommer G, et al. GSK3beta and beta-catenin modulate radiation cytotoxicity in pancreatic cancer. Neoplasia. 2010;12:357-65 pubmed..Further understanding of this pathway may enhance the development of clinical trials combining drugs inhibiting beta-catenin activation with radiation and chemotherapy in locally advanced pancreatic cancer. ..
- Liu D, Sartor M, Nader G, Gutmann L, Treutelaar M, Pistilli E, et al. Skeletal muscle gene expression in response to resistance exercise: sex specific regulation. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:659 pubmed publisher..The findings from the present study provide insight into the molecular mechanisms for sex differences in muscle phenotypes and for muscle transcriptional regulation associated with training adaptations to resistance exercise. ..
- Sam L, Lipson D, Raz T, Cao X, Thompson J, Milos P, et al. A comparison of single molecule and amplification based sequencing of cancer transcriptomes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17305 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the technical and analytical factors introducing platform specific biases in high throughput transcriptome sequencing applications will be critical in cross platform meta-analytic studies. ..
- O Connell P, Zhang W, Menon M, Yi Z, Schroppel B, Gallon L, et al. Biopsy transcriptome expression profiling to identify kidney transplants at risk of chronic injury: a multicentre, prospective study. Lancet. 2016;388:983-93 pubmed publisher..National Institutes of Health. ..
- Li X, Udager A, Hu C, Qiao X, Richards N, Gumucio D. Dynamic patterning at the pylorus: formation of an epithelial intestine-stomach boundary in late fetal life. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:3205-17 pubmed publisher..Finally, we define a unique expression domain at the pylorus itself and detect novel pylorus-specific patterns for the transcription factor Gata3 and the secreted protein nephrocan...
- Krill K, Gurdziel K, Heaton J, Simon D, Hammer G. Dicer deficiency reveals microRNAs predicted to control gene expression in the developing adrenal cortex. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:754-68 pubmed publisher..Together these data suggest a role for miRNA-mediated regulation of a subset of genes that are essential for normal adrenal growth and homeostasis. ..
- Yoon H, Foster N, Meyers J, Steen P, Visscher D, Pillai R, et al. Gene expression profiling identifies responsive patients with cancer of unknown primary treated with carboplatin, paclitaxel, and everolimus: NCCTG N0871 (alliance). Ann Oncol. 2016;27:339-44 pubmed publisher..Everolimus combined with CP demonstrated promising antitumor activity and an acceptable side-effect profile. A tumor biomarker identifying TOO may be useful to select CUP patients for specific antitumor regimens. NCT00936702. ..
- Garcia E, Brumbaugh A, Mobley H. Redundancy and specificity of Escherichia coli iron acquisition systems during urinary tract infection. Infect Immun. 2011;79:1225-35 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that UPEC iron receptors provide both functional redundancy and niche specificity for this pathogen as it colonizes distinct sites within the urinary tract. ..
- Prensner J, Iyer M, Sahu A, Asangani I, Cao Q, Patel L, et al. The long noncoding RNA SChLAP1 promotes aggressive prostate cancer and antagonizes the SWI/SNF complex. Nat Genet. 2013;45:1392-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SChLAP1 contributes to the development of lethal cancer at least in part by antagonizing the tumor-suppressive functions of the SWI/SNF complex. ..
- Strong A, Hunter R, Jones R, Bowles A, Dutreil M, Gaupp D, et al. Obesity inhibits the osteogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells. J Transl Med. 2016;14:27 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that obesity reduces the osteogenic differentiation capacity of ASCs such that they may have a limited suitability as a cell source for tissue engineering. ..
- Xie C, Jeong Y, Fu M, Bookout A, Garcia Barrio M, Sun T, et al. Expression profiling of nuclear receptors in human and mouse embryonic stem cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:724-33 pubmed publisher..These data should provide a unique resource for further exploration of the species-specific roles of NRs in ESC self-renewal and differentiation. ..
- Kalyana Sundaram S, Shankar S, Deroo S, Iyer M, Palanisamy N, Chinnaiyan A, et al. Gene fusions associated with recurrent amplicons represent a class of passenger aberrations in breast cancer. Neoplasia. 2012;14:702-8 pubmed
- Pozo E, Mesa F, Ikram M, Puertas A, Torrecillas MartÃnez L, Ortega Oller I, et al. Preterm birth and/or low birth weight are associated with periodontal disease and the increased placental immunohistochemical expression of inflammatory markers. Histol Histopathol. 2016;31:231-7 pubmed publisher..These adverse pregnancy outcomes were associated with periodontitis and the increased placental expression of IL-1Î², COX-2, VEGFR1, and HSP70. ..
- Lay J, Jenkins C, Friis Hansen L, Samuelson L. Structure and developmental expression of the mouse CCK-B receptor gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;272:837-42 pubmed..The expression pattern was similar to the adult pattern, suggesting that receptor transcription is an early event in gastrointestinal development. ..
- Kim J, Dhanasekaran S, Mehra R, Tomlins S, Gu W, Yu J, et al. Integrative analysis of genomic aberrations associated with prostate cancer progression. Cancer Res. 2007;67:8229-39 pubmed..Integrative analysis with matched mRNA profiles identified genetic alterations in several proposed candidate genes implicated in prostate cancer progression. ..
- Simon D, Giordano T, Hammer G. Upregulated JAG1 enhances cell proliferation in adrenocortical carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:2452-64 pubmed publisher..JAG1 is the primary upregulated Notch ligand in ACCs and enhances ACC cell proliferation and tumor aggressiveness in a non-cell-autonomous manner through activation of Notch signaling in adjacent cells. ..
- Delaney C, Chen A, Graniel J, Dumas K, Hu P. A histone H4 lysine 20 methyltransferase couples environmental cues to sensory neuron control of developmental plasticity. Development. 2017;144:1273-1282 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate SET-4 as a sensory rheostat that reinforces developmental fates in response to environmental cues by modulating autocrine and paracrine DAF-2 ILS. ..
- Sims R, van der Lee S, Naj A, Bellenguez C, Badarinarayan N, Jakobsdottir J, et al. Rare coding variants in PLCG2, ABI3, and TREM2 implicate microglial-mediated innate immunity in Alzheimer's disease. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1373-1384 pubmed publisher..These genetic findings provide additional evidence that the microglia-mediated innate immune response contributes directly to the development of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Frieler R, Ray J, Meng H, Ramnarayanan S, Usher M, Su E, et al. Myeloid mineralocorticoid receptor during experimental ischemic stroke: effects of model and sex. J Am Heart Assoc. 2012;1:e002584 pubmed publisher..They also highlight important mechanistic differences in the role of myeloid cells in different models of stroke and confirm that specific myeloid phenotypes play key roles in stroke protection. ..
- Wang R, Morris D, Tomlins S, Lonigro R, Tsodikov A, Mehra R, et al. Development of a multiplex quantitative PCR signature to predict progression in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:3810-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identified a 57-gene QPCR panel to help predict progression of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancers and delineate a systematic, generalizable approach to converting microarray data into a multiplex assay for cancer progression. ..
- Parkin B, Ouillette P, Wang Y, Liu Y, Wright W, Roulston D, et al. NF1 inactivation in adult acute myelogenous leukemia. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:4135-47 pubmed publisher..NF1 null states are present in 7 of 95 (7%) of adult AML and delineate a disease subset that could be preferentially targeted by Ras or mammalian target of rapamycin-directed therapeutics. ..
- Howell V, De Haan G, Bergren S, Jones J, Culiat C, Michaud E, et al. A targeted deleterious allele of the splicing factor SCNM1 in the mouse. Genetics. 2008;180:1419-27 pubmed publisher..The phenotypes of the Scnm1Delta3-5 mutant confirm the role of this splice factor in processing the Scn8a(medJ) transcript and provide a new allele of greater severity for future studies. ..
- He Y, Reichow S, Ramamoorthy S, Ding X, Lathigra R, Craig J, et al. Brucella melitensis triggers time-dependent modulation of apoptosis and down-regulation of mitochondrion-associated gene expression in mouse macrophages. Infect Immun. 2006;74:5035-46 pubmed..melitensis 16M appears to inhibit apoptosis of macrophages by blocking release of cytochrome c and production of reactive oxygen species in the mitochondria, thus preventing activation of caspase cascades. ..
- McIntyre D, Rakshit S, Yallowitz A, Loken L, Jeannotte L, Capecchi M, et al. Hox patterning of the vertebrate rib cage. Development. 2007;134:2981-9 pubmed..Thus, the ;Hox code' in somitic mesoderm is the result of the distinct, graded effects of two or more Hox paralogous groups functioning in any anteroposterior location. ..
- Silvers A, Lin L, Bass A, Chen G, Wang Z, Thomas D, et al. Decreased selenium-binding protein 1 in esophageal adenocarcinoma results from posttranscriptional and epigenetic regulation and affects chemosensitivity. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:2009-21 pubmed publisher..SELENBP1 expression may be an important predictor of response to chemoprevention or chemosensitization with certain forms of selenium in esophageal tissues. AACR. ..
- Dozmorov I, Galecki A, Chang Y, Krzesicki R, Vergara M, Miller R. Gene expression profile of long-lived snell dwarf mice. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2002;57:B99-108 pubmed