Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cercopithecus aethiops in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Locale: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Topic: cercopithecus aethiops
- Komiyama T, VanderLugt B, Fugere M, Day R, Kaufman R, Fuller R. Optimization of protease-inhibitor interactions by randomizing adventitious contacts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:8205-10 pubmed
- Zhang H, Sridar C, Kenaan C, Amunugama H, Ballou D, Hollenberg P. Polymorphic variants of cytochrome P450 2B6 (CYP2B6.4-CYP2B6.9) exhibit altered rates of metabolism for bupropion and efavirenz: a charge-reversal mutation in the K139E variant (CYP2B6.8) impairs formation of a functional cytochrome p450-reductase co. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011;338:803-9 pubmed publisher..8 from forming a functional complex with CPR. Results from this work provide further insights to better understand the genotype-phenotype correlation regarding CYP2B6 polymorphisms and drug metabolism. ..
- Coppola J, Bhojani M, Ross B, Rehemtulla A. A small-molecule furin inhibitor inhibits cancer cell motility and invasiveness. Neoplasia. 2008;10:363-70 pubmed..Additionally, this molecule inhibited proMT1-MMP processing, complete MMP-2 maturation, and invasiveness of human fibrosarcoma cells (HT1080). ..
- Zhang M, Kimura A, Saltiel A. Cloning and characterization of Cbl-associated protein splicing isoforms. Mol Med. 2003;9:18-25 pubmed..Immunofluorescence analysis demonstrates differential subcellular localization of Myc-tagged CAP isoforms in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. These results suggest that these new isoforms of CAP might play different signaling roles. ..
- Vasireddy V, Vijayasarathy C, Huang J, Wang X, Jablonski M, Petty H, et al. Stargardt-like macular dystrophy protein ELOVL4 exerts a dominant negative effect by recruiting wild-type protein into aggresomes. Mol Vis. 2005;11:665-76 pubmed
- Kanda A, Friedman J, Nishiguchi K, Swaroop A. Retinopathy mutations in the bZIP protein NRL alter phosphorylation and transcriptional activity. Hum Mutat. 2007;28:589-98 pubmed..We propose that differential phosphorylation of NRL fine-tunes its transcriptional regulatory activity, leading to a more precise control of gene expression. ..
- Benson M, Li Q, Kieckhafer K, Dudek D, Whorton M, Sunahara R, et al. SUMO modification regulates inactivation of the voltage-gated potassium channel Kv1.5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:1805-10 pubmed..Reversible control of voltage-sensitive channels through SUMOylation constitutes a unique and likely widespread mechanism for adaptive tuning of the electrical excitability of cells. ..
- Cai D, Hoppe A, Swanson J, Verhey K. Kinesin-1 structural organization and conformational changes revealed by FRET stoichiometry in live cells. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:51-63 pubmed..For Kinesin-1, activation requires a global conformational change that separates the KHC motor and tail domains and a local conformational change that moves the KHC motor domains closer together. ..
- Ning Y, Robins D. AML3/CBFalpha1 is required for androgen-specific activation of the enhancer of the mouse sex-limited protein (Slp) gene. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:30624-30 pubmed..These results demonstrate an intriguing role of AML3/CBFalpha1 in steroid- as well as tissue-specific activation of target genes. ..
- Zhang B, Kaufman R, Ginsburg D. LMAN1 and MCFD2 form a cargo receptor complex and interact with coagulation factor VIII in the early secretory pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25881-6 pubmed..MCFD2 may function to specifically recruit factor V and factor VIII to sites of transport vesicle budding within the endoplasmic reticulum lumen. ..
- Howell V, De Haan G, Bergren S, Jones J, Culiat C, Michaud E, et al. A targeted deleterious allele of the splicing factor SCNM1 in the mouse. Genetics. 2008;180:1419-27 pubmed publisher..The phenotypes of the Scnm1Delta3-5 mutant confirm the role of this splice factor in processing the Scn8a(medJ) transcript and provide a new allele of greater severity for future studies. ..
- Robak L, Venkatesh K, Lee H, Raiker S, Duan Y, Lee Osbourne J, et al. Molecular basis of the interactions of the Nogo-66 receptor and its homolog NgR2 with myelin-associated glycoprotein: development of NgROMNI-Fc, a novel antagonist of CNS myelin inhibition. J Neurosci. 2009;29:5768-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, NgR(OMNI)-Fc may offer therapeutic opportunities following nervous system injury or disease where myelin inhibits neuronal regeneration. ..
- Kruger R, Lee J, Li W, Guan K. Mapping netrin receptor binding reveals domains of Unc5 regulating its tyrosine phosphorylation. J Neurosci. 2004;24:10826-34 pubmed..Moreover, experiments in Caenorhabditis elegans indicate that both netrin binding and nonbinding domains are necessary for phenotypic rescue of an unc-5 loss of function mutation. ..
- Verma R, Kovari I, Soofi A, Nihalani D, Patrie K, Holzman L. Nephrin ectodomain engagement results in Src kinase activation, nephrin phosphorylation, Nck recruitment, and actin polymerization. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1346-59 pubmed
- Soppina V, Norris S, Dizaji A, Kortus M, Veatch S, Peckham M, et al. Dimerization of mammalian kinesin-3 motors results in superprocessive motion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:5562-7 pubmed publisher..Such high processivity has not been observed for any other motor protein and suggests that kinesin-3 motors are evolutionarily adapted to serve as the marathon runners of the cellular world. ..
- Taylor C, Garrido R. Immunostaining of rat brain, spinal cord, sensory neurons and skeletal muscle for calcium channel alpha2-delta (alpha2-delta) type 1 protein. Neuroscience. 2008;155:510-21 pubmed publisher..We propose that areas of dense alpha2-delta-1 staining in brain and spinal cord are likely sites of action for the analgesic, anticonvulsant and anxiolytic-like actions of pregabalin and gabapentin in animal models. ..
- Marble D, Hegle A, Snyder E, Dimitratos S, Bryant P, Wilson G. Camguk/CASK enhances Ether-á-go-go potassium current by a phosphorylation-dependent mechanism. J Neurosci. 2005;25:4898-907 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that membrane-associated guanylate kinase adaptor proteins can modulate ion channel function; in the case of CMG, this occurs via an increase in the surface expression and phosphorylation of the EAG channel. ..
- Aittaleb M, Gao G, EVELYN C, Neubig R, Tesmer J. A conserved hydrophobic surface of the LARG pleckstrin homology domain is critical for RhoA activation in cells. Cell Signal. 2009;21:1569-78 pubmed publisher..We also show that the hydrophobic patch of the PH domain is likely important for the activity of all Lbc subfamily RhoGEFs. ..
- Kurzer J, Saharinen P, Silvennoinen O, Carter Su C. Binding of SH2-B family members within a potential negative regulatory region maintains JAK2 in an active state. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6381-94 pubmed..Rather, they most likely induce or stabilize an active conformation of JAK2. ..
- Hiraoka M, Abe A, Shayman J. Structure and function of lysosomal phospholipase A2: identification of the catalytic triad and the role of cysteine residues. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:2441-7 pubmed..We propose that one disulfide bond between C65 and C89 and free cysteine residues at C330 and C371 and the triad, serine-198, aspartic acid-360, and histidine-392, are required for the full expression of mLPLA2 activity. ..
- Hotary K, Li X, Allen E, Stevens S, Weiss S. A cancer cell metalloprotease triad regulates the basement membrane transmigration program. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2673-86 pubmed..These studies characterize the first series of gene products capable of orchestrating the entire BM remodeling program that distinguishes the carcinomatous phenotype. ..
- Murga Zamalloa C, Ghosh A, Patil S, Reed N, Chan L, Davuluri S, et al. Accumulation of the Raf-1 kinase inhibitory protein (Rkip) is associated with Cep290-mediated photoreceptor degeneration in ciliopathies. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:28276-86 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results indicate that preventing accumulation of Rkip could potentially ameliorate such degeneration. ..
- Howell V, Jones J, Bergren S, Li L, Billi A, Avenarius M, et al. Evidence for a direct role of the disease modifier SCNM1 in splicing. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:2506-16 pubmed..In summary, Scnm1 is the first example of a modifier gene which influences disease severity through a trans-effect on splicing of the disease gene transcript. ..
- Chen X, Leto D, Chiang S, Wang Q, Saltiel A. Activation of RalA is required for insulin-stimulated Glut4 trafficking to the plasma membrane via the exocyst and the motor protein Myo1c. Dev Cell. 2007;13:391-404 pubmed..Thus, RalA serves two functions in insulin action: as a cargo receptor for the Myo1c motor, and as a signal for the unification of the exocyst to target Glut4 vesicles to the plasma membrane. ..
- Heeringa S, Chernin G, Chaki M, Zhou W, Sloan A, Ji Z, et al. COQ6 mutations in human patients produce nephrotic syndrome with sensorineural deafness. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2013-24 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that coenzyme Q10-related forms of SRNS and hearing loss can be molecularly identified and potentially treated. ..
- Hinkovska Galcheva V, Clark A, VanWay S, Huang J, Hiraoka M, Abe A, et al. Ceramide kinase promotes Ca2+ signaling near IgG-opsonized targets and enhances phagolysosomal fusion in COS-1 cells. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:531-42 pubmed
- Inoue T, Tsai B. A large and intact viral particle penetrates the endoplasmic reticulum membrane to reach the cytosol. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002037 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that the ER membrane supports passage of a large particle, potentially through either a sizeable protein-conducting channel or the lipid bilayer...
- Chaib H, Hoskins B, Ashraf S, Goyal M, Wiggins R, Hildebrandt F. Identification of BRAF as a new interactor of PLCepsilon1, the protein mutated in nephrotic syndrome type 3. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;294:F93-9 pubmed..By immunohistochemistry in rat kidney, we demonstrate that both proteins are coexpressed and colocalize in developing and mature glomerular podocytes, reporting for the first time the expression of BRAF in the glomerular podocyte. ..
- Ikenoue T, Inoki K, Zhao B, Guan K. PTEN acetylation modulates its interaction with PDZ domain. Cancer Res. 2008;68:6908-12 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, Lys(402) acetylation modulates PTEN interaction with PDZ domain-containing proteins, indicating a potential role of acetylation in regulating PTEN function. ..
- Zhang X, Li X, Xu H. Phosphoinositide isoforms determine compartment-specific ion channel activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:11384-9 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that phosphoinositide regulation sets compartment-specific activity codes for membrane channels and transporters. ..
- Castorena K, Peltier D, Peng W, Miller D. Maturation-dependent responses of human neuronal cells to western equine encephalitis virus infection and type I interferons. Virology. 2008;372:208-20 pubmed..These results demonstrate that maturation-dependent changes in human neuronal cells may be key determinants in the innate immune response to infections with neurotropic alphaviruses...
- Blasius T, Cai D, Jih G, Toret C, Verhey K. Two binding partners cooperate to activate the molecular motor Kinesin-1. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:11-7 pubmed..We show that binding of JIP1 and FEZ1 to Kinesin-1 is sufficient to activate the motor for MT binding and motility. These results provide the first demonstration of the activation of a MT-based motor by cellular binding partners. ..
- Friedman J, Chang B, Kannabiran C, Chakarova C, Singh H, Jalali S, et al. Premature truncation of a novel protein, RD3, exhibiting subnuclear localization is associated with retinal degeneration. Am J Hum Genet. 2006;79:1059-70 pubmed..We suggest that the retinopathy-associated RD3 protein is part of subnuclear protein complexes involved in diverse processes, such as transcription and splicing...
- Ge C, Yang Q, Zhao G, Yu H, Kirkwood K, Franceschi R. Interactions between extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 and p38 MAP kinase pathways in the control of RUNX2 phosphorylation and transcriptional activity. J Bone Miner Res. 2012;27:538-51 pubmed publisher..Based on this work, we conclude that extracellular matrix and BMP regulation of RUNX2 phosphorylation and transcriptional activity in osteoblasts is predominantly mediated by ERK rather than p38 MAPKs. ..
- Engstrom L, Youkilis A, Gorelick J, Zheng D, Ackley V, Petroff C, et al. Mxi1-0, an alternatively transcribed Mxi1 isoform, is overexpressed in glioblastomas. Neoplasia. 2004;6:660-73 pubmed..The identification of Mxi1-0 as an alternatively transcribed Mxi1 isoform has significant implications for the interpretation of previous Mxi1 studies, particularly those related to the phenotype of the mxi1 knockout mouse. ..
- Yang W, Heaton J, Brevig H, Mukherjee S, INIGUEZ LLUHI J, Hammer G. SUMOylation inhibits SF-1 activity by reducing CDK7-mediated serine 203 phosphorylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:613-25 pubmed publisher..Based on these observations, we propose a coordinated modification model in which inhibition of SF-1-mediated transcription by SUMOylation in adrenocortical cancer cells is mediated through reduced CDK7-induced phosphorylation of SF-1. ..
- Zhang M, Liu J, Cheng A, Deyoung S, Chen X, Dold L, et al. CAP interacts with cytoskeletal proteins and regulates adhesion-mediated ERK activation and motility. EMBO J. 2006;25:5284-93 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that CAP is a cytoskeletal adaptor protein involved in modulating adhesion-mediated signaling events that lead to cell migration...
- Ames H, Wang A, Coughran A, Evaul K, Huang S, Graves C, et al. Huntingtin-interacting protein 1 phosphorylation by receptor tyrosine kinases. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3580-93 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that phosphorylation of HIP1 by RTKs in an N-terminal region contributes to the promotion of cellular survival. ..
- Lodhi I, Bridges D, Chiang S, Zhang Y, Cheng A, Geletka L, et al. Insulin stimulates phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate production via the activation of Rab5. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2718-28 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies suggest that the TC10/GAPEX-5/Rab5 axis mediates insulin-stimulated production of PI(3)P, which regulates trafficking of Glut4 vesicles. ..
- Mandal M, Vasireddy V, Jablonski M, Wang X, Heckenlively J, Hughes B, et al. Spatial and temporal expression of MFRP and its interaction with CTRP5. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:5514-21 pubmed..MFRP is localized to the plasma membrane of CE and RPE, and colocalizes and interacts with CTRP5 indicating a functional relationship between these two proteins. ..
- Chen X, Leto D, Xiong T, Yu G, Cheng A, DECKER S, et al. A Ral GAP complex links PI 3-kinase/Akt signaling to RalA activation in insulin action. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:141-52 pubmed publisher..The RGC complex thus connects PI 3-kinase/Akt activity to the transport machineries responsible for GLUT4 translocation. ..
- Heacock A, Uhler M, Agranoff B. Cloning of CDP-diacylglycerol synthase from a human neuronal cell line. J Neurochem. 1996;67:2200-3 pubmed..Knowledge of the sequence of vertebrate CDP-diacylglycerol synthase should facilitate further investigations into its regulation and the possible existence of distinct isoforms. ..
- Fang D, Kerppola T. Ubiquitin-mediated fluorescence complementation reveals that Jun ubiquitinated by Itch/AIP4 is localized to lysosomes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:14782-7 pubmed..The visualization of ubiquitinated Jun in living cells has uncovered a lysosomal pathway for Jun degradation that involves ubiquitination by Itch/AIP4. ..
- Cai D, McEwen D, Martens J, Meyhofer E, Verhey K. Single molecule imaging reveals differences in microtubule track selection between Kinesin motors. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000216 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this property enables kinesin motors to segregate membrane trafficking events between stable and dynamic microtubule populations. ..
- Mandal M, Vasireddy V, Reddy G, Wang X, Moroi S, Pattnaik B, et al. CTRP5 is a membrane-associated and secretory protein in the RPE and ciliary body and the S163R mutation of CTRP5 impairs its secretion. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:5505-13 pubmed..CTRP5, a secretory and membrane-associated protein, is localized to the lateral and apical membranes of the RPE and CB. Impaired secretion of the mutant protein may underlie the pathophysiology of L-ORD and LAZ. ..
- Waite A, Schaner P, Richards N, Balci Peynircioglu B, Masters S, Brydges S, et al. Pyrin Modulates the Intracellular Distribution of PSTPIP1. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6147 pubmed publisher..PSTPIP1 molecules with PAPA-associated mutations are recruited by pyrin to ASC specks with particularly high efficiency, suggesting a unique mechanism underlying the robust inflammatory phenotype of PAPA syndrome. ..
- Todi S, Winborn B, Scaglione K, Blount J, Travis S, Paulson H. Ubiquitination directly enhances activity of the deubiquitinating enzyme ataxin-3. EMBO J. 2009;28:372-82 pubmed publisher..Ataxin-3 is the first reported DUB in which ubiquitination directly regulates catalytic activity. We propose a new function for protein ubiquitination in regulating the activity of certain DUBs and perhaps other enzymes...
- Hammond J, Blasius T, Soppina V, Cai D, Verhey K. Autoinhibition of the kinesin-2 motor KIF17 via dual intramolecular mechanisms. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:1013-25 pubmed publisher..The latter is a new mechanism for regulation of kinesin motors. This work supports the model that autoinhibition is a general mechanism for regulation of kinesin motors involved in intracellular trafficking events. ..
- Clarke T, Bain P, Greco T, Payne A. A novel mouse kidney 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase complementary DNA encodes a 3-ketosteroid reductase instead of a 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4-isomerase. Mol Endocrinol. 1993;7:1569-78 pubmed..Mouse 3 beta HSD IV is functionally and structurally most closely related to rat 3 beta HSD III, an isoform expressed predominantly in male rat liver. ..
- Kim P, Lee J, Jongsamak P, Menon S, Li B, Hossain S, et al. Defective protein folding and intracellular retention of thyroglobulin-R19K mutant as a cause of human congenital goiter. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:477-84 pubmed..The data indicate that the R19K mutation induces local misfolding in the amino-terminal domain of Tg that has global effects on Tg transport and thyroid hormonogenesis. ..
- Meng F, Xie G, Chalmers D, Morgan C, Watson S, Akil H. Cloning and characterization of a pharmacologically distinct A1 adenosine receptor from guinea pig brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1994;26:143-55 pubmed..Northern blotting for different guinea pig tissues and in situ hybridization for guinea pig brain sections reveal an abundant and broad distribution of mRNA of this A1 subtype receptor in the brain. ..
- Chen L, Carter Su C. Adapter protein SH2-B beta undergoes nucleocytoplasmic shuttling: implications for nerve growth factor induction of neuronal differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3633-47 pubmed..These data also suggest that the stimulatory effect of SH2-B beta on NGF-induced neurite outgrowth of PC12 cells is either downstream of ERKs or via some other pathway yet to be identified. ..
- Chen Y, Maguire T, Hileman R, Fromm J, Esko J, Linhardt R, et al. Dengue virus infectivity depends on envelope protein binding to target cell heparan sulfate. Nat Med. 1997;3:866-71 pubmed..Similar motifs were also identified in the envelope proteins of other flaviviridae. Developing pharmaceuticals that inhibit target cell binding may be an effective strategy for treating flavivirus infections. ..
- Haataja L, Snapp E, Wright J, Liu M, Hardy A, Wheeler M, et al. Proinsulin intermolecular interactions during secretory trafficking in pancreatic ? cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:1896-906 pubmed publisher..However, in the presence of ongoing misfolding of a subpopulation of proinsulin in ? cells, the rate-limiting step in transport of the remaining proinsulin shifts to the ER. ..
- Reed N, Cai D, Blasius T, Jih G, Meyhofer E, Gaertig J, et al. Microtubule acetylation promotes kinesin-1 binding and transport. Curr Biol. 2006;16:2166-72 pubmed..These results suggest that microtubule PTMs are important markers of distinct microtubule populations and that they act to control motor-protein trafficking...
- Bedoyan J, Schaibley V, Peng W, Bai Y, Mondal K, Shetty A, et al. Disruption of RAB40AL function leads to Martin--Probst syndrome, a rare X-linked multisystem neurodevelopmental human disorder. J Med Genet. 2012;49:332-40 pubmed publisher..Identification of RAB40AL as the gene mutated in MPS allows for further investigations into the molecular mechanism(s) of RAB40AL and its roles in diverse processes such as cognition, hearing and skeletal development. ..
- Sun L, Stoecklin G, Van Way S, Hinkovska Galcheva V, Guo R, Anderson P, et al. Tristetraprolin (TTP)-14-3-3 complex formation protects TTP from dephosphorylation by protein phosphatase 2a and stabilizes tumor necrosis factor-alpha mRNA. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:3766-77 pubmed..Our data indicate that, although phosphorylation stabilizes TNF-alpha mRNA, PP2A regulates the mRNA stability by modulating the phosphorylation state of members of the p38/MK-2/TTP pathway. ..
- Natsuka S, Gersten K, Zenita K, Kannagi R, Lowe J. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding a novel human leukocyte alpha-1,3-fucosyltransferase capable of synthesizing the sialyl Lewis x determinant. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:16789-94 pubmed..Fuc-TVII represents a leukocytic alpha-1,3-fucosyltransferase that can participate in selectin ligand synthesis via its ability to catalyze the synthesis of sialyl Lewis x determinants. ..
- Ikeda H, Kerppola T. Lysosomal localization of ubiquitinated Jun requires multiple determinants in a lysine-27-linked polyubiquitin conjugate. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4588-601 pubmed publisher..Lysosomal localization of the conjugate requires determinants in Jun and in ubiquitin that are recognized in part by TSG101 and HRS, facilitating selective translocation and degradation of ubiquitinated Jun. ..
- Li X, Rydzewski N, Hider A, Zhang X, Yang J, Wang W, et al. A molecular mechanism to regulate lysosome motility for lysosome positioning and tubulation. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:404-17 pubmed publisher..Ca(2+) release from lysosomes thus provides an on-demand mechanism regulating lysosome motility, positioning and tubulation. ..
- Garg P, Verma R, Nihalani D, Johnstone D, Holzman L. Neph1 cooperates with nephrin to transduce a signal that induces actin polymerization. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:8698-712 pubmed
- Zhu X, Kozarsky K, Strahler J, Eckerskorn C, Lottspeich F, Melhem R, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel human leukemia-associated gene. Evidence of conservation in animal species. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:14556-60 pubmed..We show evidence that this gene is highly conserved in several animal species and low stringency hybridization studies suggest that the p18 gene may be a member of a family of partially homologous genes in the human genome. ..