Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arsenites in Detroit, Michigan, United States
Locale: Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Shi J, Vlamis Gardikas A, Aslund F, Holmgren A, Rosen B. Reactivity of glutaredoxins 1, 2, and 3 from Escherichia coli shows that glutaredoxin 2 is the primary hydrogen donor to ArsC-catalyzed arsenate reduction. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:36039-42 pubmed..This suggests that, during the catalytic cycle, ArsC forms a mixed disulfide with GSH before being reduced by glutaredoxin to regenerate the active ArsC reductase. ..
- Bhattacharjee H, Rosen B. Structure-function analysis of the ArsA ATPase: contribution of histidine residues. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2001;33:459-68 pubmed..The results indicate that no single histidine residue plays a direct role in catalysis, and the inhibition by DEPC may be caused by steric hindrance from the carbethoxy group. ..
- Fu H, Rosen B, Bhattacharjee H. Biochemical characterization of a novel ArsA ATPase complex from Alkaliphilus metalliredigens QYMF. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3089-94 pubmed publisher..The results show that AmArsA1-AmArsA2 interaction is needed to form the functional ArsA ATPase. This novel AmArsA1-AmArsA2 complex may provide insight in how it participates with Acr3 in arsenite detoxification...
- Fu H, Meng Y, Ord ez E, Villadangos A, Bhattacharjee H, Gil J, et al. Properties of arsenite efflux permeases (Acr3) from Alkaliphilus metalliredigens and Corynebacterium glutamicum. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19887-95 pubmed publisher..A scanning cysteine accessibility method was used to show that Acr3 has 10 transmembrane segments, and the conserved cysteine would be predicted to be in the fourth transmembrane segment...
- Ruan X, Bhattacharjee H, Rosen B. Cys-113 and Cys-422 form a high affinity metalloid binding site in the ArsA ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:9925-34 pubmed
- Shen J, Hsu C, Kang B, Rosen B, Bhattacharjee H. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae Arr4p is involved in metal and heat tolerance. Biometals. 2003;16:369-78 pubmed..It is proposed that under heat or metal stress, the soluble ATPase becomes membrane-associated, perhaps through interaction with a partner protein, and that this complex is involved in stress tolerance. ..
- Martin P, DeMel S, Shi J, Gladysheva T, Gatti D, Rosen B, et al. Insights into the structure, solvation, and mechanism of ArsC arsenate reductase, a novel arsenic detoxification enzyme. Structure. 2001;9:1071-81 pubmed