Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Detroit, Michigan, United States
Locale: Detroit, Michigan, United States
Publications487 found, 100 shown here
- Juncos R, Garvin J. Superoxide enhances Na-K-2Cl cotransporter activity in the thick ascending limb. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;288:F982-7 pubmed..Vmax and K1/2 for Na were not affected by O2-. We concluded that O2- stimulates THAL NaCl absorption primarily by enhancing Na entry via Na-K-2Cl cotransport. ..
- Peres E, Savasan S, Klein J, Abidi M, Dansey R, Abella E. High fatality rate of Epstein-Barr virus-associated lymphoproliferative disorder occurring after bone marrow transplantation with rabbit antithymocyte globulin conditioning regimens. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:3540-3 pubmed
- Lu S, Shen K, Wang Y, Brooks S, Wang Y. Impaired hepatocyte survival and liver regeneration in Atm-deficient mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:3019-25 pubmed
- Carruthers N, Dowd M, Stemmer P. Gossypol inhibits calcineurin phosphatase activity at multiple sites. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;555:106-14 pubmed..The inhibition of calcineurin by gossypol via multiple binding sites without stereo-specificity indicates that gossypol is not a specific calcineurin inhibitor. ..
- Modem S, Reddy T. An anti-apoptotic protein, Hax-1, inhibits the HIV-1 rev function by altering its sub-cellular localization. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:14-9 pubmed..We propose that over-expression of Hax-1, possibly through binding to Rev, may interfere with the stability/export of RRE-containing mRNA and target the RNA for degradation. ..
- Kheradmand T, Trivedi P, Wolf N, Roberts P, Swanborg R. Characterization of a subset of bone marrow-derived natural killer cells that regulates T cell activation in rats. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:1128-35 pubmed publisher..We conclude that rat bone marrow NKR-P1A(dim) cells represent a unique population that may play a role in maintaining immune homeostasis by regulating the clonal expansion of activated T cells. ..
- Xu J, Carretero O, Shesely E, Rhaleb N, Yang J, Bader M, et al. The kinin B1 receptor contributes to the cardioprotective effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers in mice. Exp Physiol. 2009;94:322-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that kinins, acting via the B(1)R, participate in the cardioprotective effects of ACEi and ARB. ..
- Patil Y, Sadhukha T, Ma L, Panyam J. Nanoparticle-mediated simultaneous and targeted delivery of paclitaxel and tariquidar overcomes tumor drug resistance. J Control Release. 2009;136:21-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the use of targeted, dual agent nanoparticles delivering a combination of P-gp modulator and anticancer drug is a very promising approach to overcome tumor drug resistance. ..
- Price M, Reiners J, Santiago A, Kessel D. Monitoring singlet oxygen and hydroxyl radical formation with fluorescent probes during photodynamic therapy. Photochem Photobiol. 2009;85:1177-81 pubmed publisher..That portion of the fluorescence quenched by DMSO will represent the contribution of *OH. This procedure could represent a useful means for evaluating formation of both ROS in the context of PDT...
- Passalacqua K, Hrycaj S, Mahfooz N, POPADIC A. Evolving expression patterns of the homeotic gene Scr in insects. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:897-904 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results show that Scr expression has diverged considerably among hemimetabolous lineages and establish a framework for subsequent analyses to determine its role in the evolution of the insect head and prothorax. ..
- Laing S, Wang G, Briazova T, Zhang C, Wang A, Zheng Z, et al. Airborne particulate matter selectively activates endoplasmic reticulum stress response in the lung and liver tissues. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C736-49 pubmed publisher..This work provides novel insights into the cellular and molecular basis by which ambient PM(2.5) exposure elicits its cytotoxic effects that may be related to air pollution-associated pathogenesis. ..
- Menon S, Beningo K. Cancer cell invasion is enhanced by applied mechanical stimulation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17277 pubmed publisher..We further propose that in vivo, non-cancerous cells located within the tumor micro-environment may be capable of providing the necessary mechanical stimulus during the remodeling of the extracellular matrix surrounding the tumor. ..
- Pedersen A, Tomaszycki M. Oxytocin antagonist treatments alter the formation of pair relationships in zebra finches of both sexes. Horm Behav. 2012;62:113-9 pubmed publisher..Treatments also reduced courtship, as measured by directed singing, in males. These results suggest that nonapeptides play a key role in pair formation in zebra finches of both sexes, similar to findings in other monogamous species...
- Zheng Z, Xu X, Zhang X, Wang A, Zhang C, Huttemann M, et al. Exposure to ambient particulate matter induces a NASH-like phenotype and impairs hepatic glucose metabolism in an animal model. J Hepatol. 2013;58:148-54 pubmed publisher..The information from this work has important implications in our understanding of air pollution-associated metabolic disorders. ..
- Bou Akl T, Banglmaier R, Miller R, VandeVord P. Effect of crosslinking on the mechanical properties of mineralized and non-mineralized collagen fibers. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2013;101:2507-14 pubmed publisher..The tensile strength of single fibers is greatly improved by crosslinking with EDC in acetone. BMMSCs were found to attach and spread well on modified fibers confirming biocompatibility...
- ..This is the story of one laboratory's work in bringing basic science research from the discovery of the disorder to its translation into clinical medicine and its impact on the individuals with the disorder and their families. ..
- Yu W, Ye C, Greenberg M. Inositol Hexakisphosphate Kinase 1 (IP6K1) Regulates Inositol Synthesis in Mammalian Cells. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:10437-44 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration of IP6K1 as a novel negative regulator of inositol synthesis in mammalian cells. ..
- Guzman J, Rosado A, Kruse J. Dopamine-1 receptor stimulation attenuates the vasoconstrictive response to gut ischemia. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;91:596-602 pubmed..Fenoldopam maintained splanchnic blood flow during hypoperfusion and attenuated the splanchnic vasoconstrictive response to hemorrhage. ..
- Ren W, Yang S, Fang H, Hsu S, Wooley P. Distinct gene expression of receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB and rank ligand in the inflammatory response to variant morphologies of UHMWPE particles. Biomaterials. 2003;24:4819-26 pubmed..Overall, these data suggest that the morphology of wear debris may be a critical factor in the pathogenesis of prosthetic loosening. ..
- Piechocki M, Ho Y, Pilon S, Wei W. Human ErbB-2 (Her-2) transgenic mice: a model system for testing Her-2 based vaccines. J Immunol. 2003;171:5787-94 pubmed..The breakable tolerance of Her-2 Tg mice resembles that in human and these mice are particularly suited for testing human ErbB-2 based vaccines. ..
- Bonfil R, Sabbota A, Nabha S, Bernardo M, Dong Z, Meng H, et al. Inhibition of human prostate cancer growth, osteolysis and angiogenesis in a bone metastasis model by a novel mechanism-based selective gelatinase inhibitor. Int J Cancer. 2006;118:2721-6 pubmed..The use of the highly selective gelatinase inhibitors holds the promise of effective intervention of metastases of PC to the bone. ..
- Deng X, Meller V. roX RNAs are required for increased expression of X-linked genes in Drosophila melanogaster males. Genetics. 2006;174:1859-66 pubmed..These results implicate failure to compensate X-linked genes, rather than inappropriate upregulation of autosomal genes at ectopic sites of MSL binding, as the primary cause of male lethality upon loss of roX RNAs. ..
- Kessel D, Arroyo A. Apoptotic and autophagic responses to Bcl-2 inhibition and photodamage. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2007;6:1290-5 pubmed..It appears that attempts at extensive recycling of damaged organelles are associated with cell death, and that this phenomenon is amplified when apoptosis is suppressed. ..
- Chen C, Opazo J, Erez O, Uddin M, Santolaya Forgas J, Goodman M, et al. The human progesterone receptor shows evidence of adaptive evolution associated with its ability to act as a transcription factor. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2008;47:637-49 pubmed publisher..Positive selection provides the basis for the hypothesis that changes in structure and function of the progesterone receptor during evolution contribute to the diversity of primate reproductive biology, especially in parturition...
- Hou J, Chong Z, Shang Y, Maiese K. FOXO3a governs early and late apoptotic endothelial programs during elevated glucose through mitochondrial and caspase signaling. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;321:194-206 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies Akt1, FoxO3a and closely aligned pathways as key therapeutic targets during impaired glucose tolerance and DM. ..
- Murali T, Pacifico S, Yu J, Guest S, Roberts G, Finley R. DroID 2011: a comprehensive, integrated resource for protein, transcription factor, RNA and gene interactions for Drosophila. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:D736-43 pubmed publisher..Improvements have been made to the web and graphical interfaces to help biologists gain a comprehensive view of the interaction networks relevant to the genes and systems that they study. ..
- Thompson J, Dzubur E, Wade J, Tomaszycki M. The effects of estradiol on 17?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type IV and androgen receptor expression in the developing zebra finch song system. Brain Res. 2011;1401:66-73 pubmed publisher..Further, the data suggest that a single hormonal mechanism cannot mimic the complex development of male singing behavior and associated song nuclei...
- Mohammad A, Amayreh L, Mazzara J, Reineke J. Rapid lymph accumulation of polystyrene nanoparticles following pulmonary administration. Pharm Res. 2013;30:424-34 pubmed publisher..We investigated uptake and biodistribution of polystyrene nanoparticles (PN) of 50 nm, 100 nm, 250 nm, and 900 nm diameters in mice following administration to lungs via pharyngeal aspiration...
- Pace E, Zhang J. Noise-induced tinnitus using individualized gap detection analysis and its relationship with hyperacusis, anxiety, and spatial cognition. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75011 pubmed publisher..Other behavioral assessments may be needed to further define the relationship between tinnitus and anxiety, cognitive deficits, and other impairments. ..
- Roberts E, Ballou D, Hopkins N, Alworth W, Hollenberg P. Mechanistic studies of 9-ethynylphenanthrene-inactivated cytochrome P450 2B1. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1995;323:303-12 pubmed
- Kaltenbach J, Zhang J, Afman C. Plasticity of spontaneous neural activity in the dorsal cochlear nucleus after intense sound exposure. Hear Res. 2000;147:282-92 pubmed..These changes over time indicate that the mechanisms leading to hyperactivity following intense sound exposure are more complex than previously realized. ..
- Huang X, McClellan S, Barrett R, Hazlett L. IL-18 contributes to host resistance against infection with Pseudomonas aeruginosa through induction of IFN-gamma production. J Immunol. 2002;168:5756-63 pubmed..These data provide evidence that IL-18 contributes to the resistance response by induction of IFN-gamma and that IFN-gamma is required for bacterial killing. ..
- Rossi N, Chen H. Modulation of ET(B) receptor-induced arginine-vasopressin secretion by N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)-dependent mechanisms in hypothalamo-neurohypophysial explants. Clin Sci (Lond). 2002;103 Suppl 48:162S-166S pubmed..In turn, the local release of GABA associated with NMDA activation may exert an inhibitory influence and dampen the AVP secretory response. ..
- Ortiz P, Hong N, Garvin J. Luminal flow induces eNOS activation and translocation in the rat thick ascending limb. II. Role of PI3-kinase and Hsp90. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004;287:F281-8 pubmed..05) in a PI3-kinase-dependent manner. We conclude that luminal flow induces eNOS translocation and activation in the THAL via PI3-kinase and that Hsp90 is involved in eNOS translocation to the apical membrane. ..
- Ding G, Jiang Q, Zhang L, Zhang Z, Li L, Knight R, et al. Analysis of combined treatment of embolic stroke in rat with r-tPA and a GPIIb/IIIa inhibitor. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2005;25:87-97 pubmed..The efficacy of combination treatment 4 hours after ischemia is reflected by MRI indices of tissue perfusion, MCA recanalization, and reduction of lesion volume. The treatment also reduced secondary microvascular perfusion deficits. ..
- Elhamdani A, Azizi F, Solomaha E, Palfrey H, Artalejo C. Two mechanistically distinct forms of endocytosis in adrenal chromaffin cells: Differential effects of SH3 domains and amphiphysin antagonism. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:3263-9 pubmed..These data confirm that dynamin-1 dependent RE is independent of clathrin and show that amphiphysin is exclusively associated with clathrin and dynamin-2-dependent SE. ..
- Rose W, Rybak M. Tigecycline: first of a new class of antimicrobial agents. Pharmacotherapy. 2006;26:1099-110 pubmed..Tigecycline has demonstrated promising results in initial in vitro and clinical studies for SSSIs and complicated intraabdominal infections; however, further clinical experience will clarify its role as a broad-spectrum agent. ..
- Zhang H, Cai H, Lu X, Muzik O, Peng F. Positron emission tomography of human hepatocellular carcinoma xenografts in mice using copper (II)-64 chloride as a tracer with copper (II)-64 chloride. Acad Radiol. 2011;18:1561-8 pubmed publisher..Extrahepatic human HCC xenografts in mice could be localized with (64)CuCl(2) PET imaging, which might be useful for the localization and quantitative assessment of copper metabolism in extrahepatic metastases of HCC in humans. ..
- Villalobos C, FOEHRING R, Lee J, Andrade R. Essential role for phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate in the expression, regulation, and gating of the slow afterhyperpolarization current in the cerebral cortex. J Neurosci. 2011;31:18303-12 pubmed publisher..These results clarify key functional aspects of the slow afterhyperpolarization current and its modulation by 5-HT(2A) receptors and point to a key role for PtdIns(4,5)P(2) in the gating of this current. ..
- Liu X, Chopp M, Wang X, Zhang L, Hozeska Solgot A, Tang T, et al. MicroRNA-17-92 cluster mediates the proliferation and survival of neural progenitor cells after stroke. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:12478-88 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the miR17-92 cluster plays an important role in mediating neural progenitor cell function and that the Shh signaling pathway is involved in up-regulating miR17-92 cluster expression. ..
- Sharp J, Azar T, Lawson D. Effects of a complex housing environment on heart rate and blood pressure of rats at rest and after stressful challenges. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2014;53:52-60 pubmed..However, the possibility that some environmental elements interact negatively with each other must be considered in future studies. ..
- Srinivas P, Wagner A, Reddy L, Deutsch D, Leon M, Goustin A, et al. Serum alpha 2-HS-glycoprotein is an inhibitor of the human insulin receptor at the tyrosine kinase level. Mol Endocrinol. 1993;7:1445-55 pubmed..Our results allow us to assign a biochemical function for human alpha 2HSG, namely regulation of insulin action at the IR-TK level. ..
- Joseph R, Tsang W, Dou D, Nelson K, Edvardsen K. Neuronatin mRNA in PC12 cells: downregulation by nerve growth factor. Brain Res. 1996;738:32-8 pubmed..In conclusion, we report the presence of neuronatin mRNA in PC12 cells, and that NGF downregulates its expressions. These findings provide a basis for investigating the role of neuronatin in neuronal growth and differentiation. ..
- Mayes M. Epidemiologic studies of environmental agents and systemic autoimmune diseases. Environ Health Perspect. 1999;107 Suppl 5:743-8 pubmed..A 1986 study suggested a positive association, but two subsequent studies did not support this association. ..
- Petrov T, Underwood B, Braun B, Alousi S, Rafols J. Upregulation of iNOS expression and phosphorylation of eIF-2alpha are paralleled by suppression of protein synthesis in rat hypothalamus in a closed head trauma model. J Neurotrauma. 2001;18:799-812 pubmed..Excessive amounts of NO may also participate in dysfunction of hypothalamic circuits that underlie endocrine and autonomic alterations following TBI. ..
- Zhang X, Fogel R. Glutamate mediates an excitatory influence of the paraventricular hypothalamic nucleus on the dorsal motor nucleus of the vagus. J Neurophysiol. 2002;88:49-63 pubmed..The NMDA receptor plays only a minor role in the excitatory effect...
- Pan D, Zhe X, Jakkaraju S, Taylor G, Schuger L. P311 induces a TGF-beta1-independent, nonfibrogenic myofibroblast phenotype. J Clin Invest. 2002;110:1349-58 pubmed..To our knowledge, these studies are the first to implicate P311 in myofibroblast transformation, to demonstrate that transformation may occur independently of TGF-beta1, and to suggest that P311 may prevent fibrosis. ..
- Phillis J, Diaz F, O Regan M, Pilitsis J. Effects of immunosuppressants, calcineurin inhibition, and blockade of endoplasmic reticulum calcium channels on free fatty acid efflux from the ischemic/reperfused rat cerebral cortex. Brain Res. 2002;957:12-24 pubmed..Collectively, the data suggest an involvement of both ER and mitochondrial Ca(2+) stores in the chain of events which lead to PLA(2) activation and FFA formation. ..
- Cao W, Matherly L. Characterization of a cysteine-less human reduced folate carrier: localization of a substrate-binding domain by cysteine-scanning mutagenesis and cysteine accessibility methods. Biochem J. 2003;374:27-36 pubmed..Collectively, our results imply that amino acids 40, 44, 48 and, possibly, 42 serve important roles in hRFC transport, albeit not as structural components of the putative transmembrane channel for folate substrates. ..
- Sbrissa D, Ikonomov O, Strakova J, Shisheva A. Role for a novel signaling intermediate, phosphatidylinositol 5-phosphate, in insulin-regulated F-actin stress fiber breakdown and GLUT4 translocation. Endocrinology. 2004;145:4853-65 pubmed..Together, these results identify PtdIns 5-P as a novel key intermediate for insulin signaling in F-actin remodeling and GLUT4 translocation. ..
- Yoo G, Subramanian G, Boinpally R, Iskander A, Shehadeh N, Oliver J, et al. An in vivo evaluation of docetaxel delivered intratumorally in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005;131:418-29 pubmed..It is calculated that IT therapy in men will increase peak concentrations of docetaxel in tumors by 1000-fold over the conventional IV dose used clinically. These preclinical results support further testing of IT docetaxel in HNSCC. ..
- Wira C, Martin G, Stoner J, Margolis K, Donnino M. Application of normothermic cardiac arrest algorithms to hypothermic cardiac arrest in a canine model. Resuscitation. 2006;69:509-16 pubmed..This study suggests that AHA normothermic algorithms may be beneficial in severe hypothermia. ..
- Carroll J, Raththagala M, Subasinghe W, Baguzis S, D amico Oblak T, Root P, et al. An altered oxidant defense system in red blood cells affects their ability to release nitric oxide-stimulating ATP. Mol Biosyst. 2006;2:305-11 pubmed..These data suggest that the antioxidant status of erythrocytes is a critical determinant in the ability of these cells to release ATP, a known nitric oxide stimulus...
- Li G, Chen S, Thompson M, Greenberg M. New insights into the regulation of cardiolipin biosynthesis in yeast: implications for Barth syndrome. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:432-41 pubmed..Further characterization of these regulatory mechanisms holds great potential for the identification of novel functions of CL in mitochondrial and cellular processes. ..
- Dorsten J, Kolodziej P, VanBerkum M. Frazzled regulation of myosin II activity in the Drosophila embryonic CNS. Dev Biol. 2007;308:120-32 pubmed..Therefore, the P3 motif of Frazzled appears to initiate Rho and Abl dependent signals to directly or indirectly regulate myosin II activity in growth cones. ..
- Kohl R, Kolozsvary A, Brown S, Zhu G, Kim J. Differential radiation effect in tumor and normal tissue after treatment with ramipril, an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor. Radiat Res. 2007;168:440-5 pubmed..The results indicate that ramipril could offer therapeutic gain due to its different effect on normal tissues and tumors. ..
- Kanwar M, Kowluru R. Diabetes regulates small molecular weight G-protein, H-Ras, in the microvasculature of the retina: implication in the development of retinopathy. Microvasc Res. 2008;76:189-93 pubmed publisher..Regulation of Ras function could provide important target in the complex approach to inhibit the pathogenesis of diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Zhang X, Chow C, Sahenk Z, Shy M, Meisler M, Li J. Mutation of FIG4 causes a rapidly progressive, asymmetric neuronal degeneration. Brain. 2008;131:1990-2001 pubmed publisher..This study represents the first documentation of the natural history of CMT4J. Physical obstruction of organelle trafficking by vacuoles is a potential novel cellular mechanism of neurodegeneration. ..
- Swamydas M, Bessert D, Skoff R. Sexual dimorphism of oligodendrocytes is mediated by differential regulation of signaling pathways. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:3306-19 pubmed publisher..Given the greater fluctuation of neurosteroids in women than in men and the higher incidence of multiple sclerosis (MS) in women, these sexually dimorphic differences may contribute to differences in male and female MS lesions...
- Flanigan T, Craig D, Gayer C, Basson M. The effects of increased extracellular deformation, pressure, and integrin phosphorylation on fibroblast migration. J Surg Res. 2009;156:103-9 pubmed publisher..beta1-Integrin phosphorylation regulates cellular adhesion and the deformation effects on motility. The pressure-induced motility response is independently regulated. ..
- Perrone L, Devi T, Hosoya K, Terasaki T, Singh L. Thioredoxin interacting protein (TXNIP) induces inflammation through chromatin modification in retinal capillary endothelial cells under diabetic conditions. J Cell Physiol. 2009;221:262-72 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications toward understanding the molecular mechanisms of ocular inflammation and endothelial dysfunction in diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Zhang R, Chopp M, Roberts C, Jia L, Wei M, Lu M, et al. Ascl1 lineage cells contribute to ischemia-induced neurogenesis and oligodendrogenesis. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2011;31:614-25 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Ascl1 lineage cells contribute to stroke-induced neurogenesis and oligodendrogenesis in the adult ischemic brain. ..
- Turchyn N, Chesebro J, Hrycaj S, Couso J, PopadiÄ‡ A. Evolution of nubbin function in hemimetabolous and holometabolous insect appendages. Dev Biol. 2011;357:83-95 pubmed publisher..Our data represent the first functional evidence defining a role for nub in leg segmentation and highlight the varying degrees of its involvement in this process across insects. ..
- Ding G, Jiang Q, Li L, Zhang L, Zhang Z, Lu M, et al. Longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging of sildenafil treatment of embolic stroke in aged rats. Stroke. 2011;42:3537-41 pubmed publisher..MRI can be used to investigate brain repair after stroke in aged rats. ..
- Liu Z, Li Y, Zhang L, Xin H, Cui Y, Hanson L, et al. Subacute intranasal administration of tissue plasminogen activator increases functional recovery and axonal remodeling after stroke in rats. Neurobiol Dis. 2012;45:804-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that delayed tPA intranasal treatment provides therapeutic benefits for neurological recovery after stroke by, at least in part, promoting neuronal remodeling in the brain and spinal cord. ..
- Gold D, Adamkiewicz G, Arshad S, Celedon J, Chapman M, Chew G, et al. NIAID, NIEHS, NHLBI, and MCAN Workshop Report: The indoor environment and childhood asthma-implications for home environmental intervention in asthma prevention and management. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;140:933-949 pubmed publisher..The recommendations of this workshop can serve as guidance for future research in the study of the indoor environment and on environmental interventions as they pertain to the prevention and management of asthma and airway allergies. ..
- Richiert D, Ireland M. TGF-beta elicits fibronectin secretion and proliferation in cultured chick lens epithelial cells. Curr Eye Res. 1999;18:62-71 pubmed..The potent stimulation of lens cell growth by TGF-beta may be due to mis-regulated production of lens capsular proteins not normally found in great abundance. ..
- Mbandi E, Shelef L. Enhanced inhibition of Listeria monocytogenes and salmonella enteritidis in meat by combinations of sodium lactate and diacetate. J Food Prot. 2001;64:640-4 pubmed..Combinations of 2.5% SL and 0.2% SDA can be expected to greatly enhance the safety of refrigerated and temperature-abused ready-to-eat meats. ..
- Yang L, Nicholson R, Kaplan J, Galy A, Li L. Hemogen is a novel nuclear factor specifically expressed in mouse hematopoietic development and its human homologue EDAG maps to chromosome 9q22, a region containing breakpoints of hematological neoplasms. Mech Dev. 2001;104:105-11 pubmed..Like Hemogen, EDAG exhibited specific expression in hematopoietic tissues and cells. Taken together, these data are consistent with Hemogen and EDAG playing an important role in hematopoietic development and neoplasms. ..
- Piechocki M, Pilon S, Wei W. Quantitative measurement of anti-ErbB-2 antibody by flow cytometry and ELISA. J Immunol Methods. 2002;259:33-42 pubmed..Therefore, excellent concordance in antibody concentration was obtained with different assays using linear regression and properly diluted samples. This concordance was verified with multiple serum samples. ..
- Yang L, Heng H, Wan J, Southwood C, Gow A, Li L. Alternative promoters and polyadenylation regulate tissue-specific expression of Hemogen isoforms during hematopoiesis and spermatogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:606-16 pubmed..Finally, fluorescence in situ hybridization demonstrates that HEMGN is localized to chromosome 4 A5-B2 in mouse and to chromosome 9q22 in human, which is a region known to harbor a cluster of leukemia breakpoints. ..
- Salmons S, Greer K, Shortland A, Jarvis J, Lu H, Bastian S, et al. Skeletal muscle ventricles with a single-limb conduit: the importance of hemodynamic design. J Card Surg. 2004;19:119-27 pubmed..Here we evaluate an alternative approach in which connection to the aorta is made by a single-limb conduit...
- Nanua S, Yoshimura F. Differential cell killing by lymphomagenic murine leukemia viruses occurs independently of p53 activation and mitochondrial damage. J Virol. 2004;78:5088-96 pubmed..These results demonstrate that MCF13 MLV induces apoptosis preferentially in cells in which superinfection occurs, and the mechanism involved is independent of p53 activation and mitochondrial damage. ..
- Lorincz A, Haddad D, Naik R, Naik V, Fung A, Cao A, et al. Raman spectroscopy for neoplastic tissue differentiation: a pilot study. J Pediatr Surg. 2004;39:953-6; discussion 953-6 pubmed..The normal tissue showed both components. Similar differences were also seen in the neuroblastoma tissue. The results of this study show the potential use of Raman spectroscopy in clinical diagnosis. ..
- Liu X, Zhang Z, Zhang R, Gregg S, Meng H, Chopp M. Comparison of in vivo and in vitro gene expression profiles in subventricular zone neural progenitor cells from the adult mouse after middle cerebral artery occlusion. Neuroscience. 2007;146:1053-61 pubmed..These in vivo and in vitro data provide new insight into the genetic program of adult SVZ neural progenitor cells after stroke and demonstrate gene expression differences between SVZ tissue and cultured SVZ cells. ..
- Alilain W, Goshgarian H. MK-801 upregulates NR2A protein levels and induces functional recovery of the ipsilateral hemidiaphragm following acute C2 hemisection in adult rats. J Spinal Cord Med. 2007;30:346-54 pubmed..Our findings strengthen the evidence that the NR2A subunit plays a substantial role in mediating recovery of the paralyzed hemidiaphragm following C2 spinal cord hemisection. ..
- Ardanaz N, Beierwaltes W, Pagano P. Comparison of H2O2-induced vasoconstriction in the abdominal aorta and mesenteric artery of the mouse. Vascul Pharmacol. 2007;47:288-94 pubmed..Furthermore, we found that p38, ERK 1/2 and Rho-kinase play a role in H(2)O(2) constriction, which may be critical pathways involved in H(2)O(2)-induced constriction across vascular beds...
- Oni Orisan A, Kristiansen L, Haroutunian V, Meador Woodruff J, McCullumsmith R. Altered vesicular glutamate transporter expression in the anterior cingulate cortex in schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2008;63:766-75 pubmed..Overall, our data suggest decreased glutamate release in the ACC, as well as discordant regulation of VGLUT1 expression at different levels of gene expression. ..
- Goud A, Goud P, Diamond M, Gonik B, Abu Soud H. Reactive oxygen species and oocyte aging: role of superoxide, hydrogen peroxide, and hypochlorous acid. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;44:1295-304 pubmed publisher..Overall, O2-, H2O2, and HOCl each augment oocyte aging, more so in relatively old oocytes, suggesting compromised antioxidant capacity in aging oocytes...
- Maiese K, Chong Z, Shang Y, Hou J. Rogue proliferation versus restorative protection: where do we draw the line for Wnt and forkhead signaling?. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2008;12:905-16 pubmed
- Deng Y, Zhou X, Kugel Desmoulin S, Wu J, Cherian C, Hou Z, et al. Synthesis and biological activity of a novel series of 6-substituted thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidine antifolate inhibitors of purine biosynthesis with selectivity for high affinity folate receptors over the reduced folate carrier and proton-coupled folate tr. J Med Chem. 2009;52:2940-51 pubmed publisher
- Jacob J, Quaglino E, Radkevich Brown O, Jones R, Piechocki M, Reyes J, et al. Combining human and rat sequences in her-2 DNA vaccines blunts immune tolerance and drives antitumor immunity. Cancer Res. 2010;70:119-28 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that a strategy of combining heterologous antigen with self-antigens could produce a potent DNA vaccine that may be applicable to other tumor-associated antigens...
- Nautiyal J, Banerjee S, Kanwar S, Yu Y, Patel B, Sarkar F, et al. Curcumin enhances dasatinib-induced inhibition of growth and transformation of colon cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:951-61 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that combination treatment of dasatinib and curcumin could be a potential therapeutic strategy for colorectal cancer. ..
- Xin H, Li Y, Shen L, Liu X, Hozeska Solgot A, Zhang R, et al. Multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells increase tPA expression and concomitantly decrease PAI-1 expression in astrocytes through the sonic hedgehog signaling pathway after stroke (in vitro study). J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2011;31:2181-8 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that MSCs increase astrocytic Shh, which subsequently increases tPA expression and decreases PAI-1 expression after ischemia. ..
- Cui J, Ivanova E, Qi L, Pan Z. Expression of CaV3.2 T-type Ca²? channels in a subpopulation of retinal type-3 cone bipolar cells. Neuroscience. 2012;224:63-9 pubmed publisher..2 Ca(2+) channels contribute to the T-type Ca(2+) current in a subpopulation of type-3 CBCs. The findings of this study provide new insights into understanding the functional roles of T-type Ca(2+) channels in retinal processing. ..
- Santra M, Chopp M, Zhang Z, Lu M, Santra S, Nalani A, et al. Thymosin ? 4 mediates oligodendrocyte differentiation by upregulating p38 MAPK. Glia. 2012;60:1826-38 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that T?4 treatment induces OL differentiation by inducing p38MAPK with parallel inactivation of ERK1 and JNK1, thus preventing the accumulation of phosphorylated c-Jun. ..
- Mohammed A, Syeda K, Hadden T, Kowluru A. Upregulation of phagocyte-like NADPH oxidase by cytokines in pancreatic beta-cells: attenuation of oxidative and nitrosative stress by 2-bromopalmitate. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;85:109-14 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings identify palmitoyltransferase as a target for inhibition of cytomix-induced oxidative (ROS generation) and nitrosative (NO generation) stress in the pancreatic ?-cell. ..
- Ahmad A, Biersack B, Li Y, Kong D, Bao B, Schobert R, et al. Deregulation of PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathways by isoflavones and its implication in cancer treatment. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2013;13:1014-24 pubmed..In this review article, we discuss our current understanding of the regulation of PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathways by isoflavones, which could be responsible for their observed in vitro and in vivo activity against human cancers. ..
- Leicht D, Balan V, Zhu J, Kaplun A, Bronisz A, Rana A, et al. MEK-1 activates C-Raf through a Ras-independent mechanism. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:976-86 pubmed publisher..This mechanism could be of significance in pathological conditions or cancers overexpressing C-Raf and MEK or in conditions where C-Raf-MEK interaction is enhanced due to the down-regulation of RKIP and MST2. ..