Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on tumor burden in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: tumor burden
- Kumar M, Gupta D, Singh G, Sharma S, Bhat M, Prashant C, et al. Novel polymeric nanoparticles for intracellular delivery of peptide Cargos: antitumor efficacy of the BCL-2 conversion peptide NuBCP-9. Cancer Res. 2014;74:3271-81 pubmed publisher..Our results illustrate an effective method for sustained delivery of anticancer peptides, highlighting the superior qualities of the novel PLA-PEG-PPG-PEG tetrablock copolymer formulation as a tool to target intracellular proteins. ..
- Chang J, Jabbour S, De Ruysscher D, Schild S, Simone C, Rengan R, et al. Consensus Statement on Proton Therapy in Early-Stage and Locally Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016;95:505-16 pubmed publisher..This consensus report can be used to guide clinical practice and indications for PT, insurance approval, and clinical or translational research directions. ..
- Yoon S, Shin S, Karreth F, Buel G, Jedrychowski M, Plas D, et al. Focal Adhesion- and IGF1R-Dependent Survival and Migratory Pathways Mediate Tumor Resistance to mTORC1/2 Inhibition. Mol Cell. 2017;67:512-527.e4 pubmed publisher..This resistance mechanism contributes to xenograft tumor cell growth, which is prevented with mTOR plus IGFR inhibitors, supporting this combination as a therapeutic approach for cancers. ..
- Sarantopoulos J, Shapiro G, Cohen R, Clark J, Kauh J, Weiss G, et al. Phase I Study of the Investigational NEDD8-Activating Enzyme Inhibitor Pevonedistat (TAK-924/MLN4924) in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:847-57 pubmed publisher..DLTs were predominantly hepatic enzyme elevations. Pharmacodynamic studies demonstrated that pevonedistat inhibited NAE in tumors. ..
- Niska J, Keane F, Wolfgang J, Hahn P, Wo J, Zhu A, et al. Impact of intravenous contrast enhancement phase on target definition for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (IHC): Observations from patients enrolled on a prospective phase 2 trial. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2016;6:e9-16 pubmed publisher..Assessment of all available intravenous contrast phases is essential to accurately define the GTV. ..
- Podar K, Raab M, Zhang J, McMillin D, Breitkreutz I, Tai Y, et al. Targeting PKC in multiple myeloma: in vitro and in vivo effects of the novel, orally available small-molecule inhibitor enzastaurin (LY317615.HCl). Blood. 2007;109:1669-77 pubmed
- Ji Z, Kumar R, Taylor M, Rajadurai A, Marzuka Alcalá A, Chen Y, et al. Vemurafenib synergizes with nutlin-3 to deplete survivin and suppresses melanoma viability and tumor growth. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:4383-91 pubmed publisher..These results show preclinical feasibility for overcoming primary vemurafenib resistance by restoring p53 function. Moreover, it identifies survivin as one downstream mediator of the observed synergism and a potential secondary target. ..
- Fintelmann F, Tuncali K, Puchner S, Gervais D, Thabet A, Shyn P, et al. Catecholamine Surge during Image-Guided Ablation of Adrenal Gland Metastases: Predictors, Consequences, and Recommendations for Management. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2016;27:395-402 pubmed publisher..Patients at high risk of catecholamine surge during ablation of non-hormonally active adrenal metastases can be identified by the presence of normal adrenal tissue and tumor diameter â‰¤ 4.5 cm on pre-procedure CT or MR imaging. ..
- Kucherlapati M, Lee K, Nguyen A, Clark A, Hou H, Rosulek A, et al. An Msh2 conditional knockout mouse for studying intestinal cancer and testing anticancer agents. Gastroenterology. 2010;138:993-1002.e1 pubmed publisher..Msh2(LoxP/LoxP) mice in combination with appropriate Cre recombinase transgenes have excellent potential for preclinical modeling of Lynch syndrome, MMR-deficient tumors of other tissue types, and use in drug development. ..
- Abbosh C, Birkbak N, Wilson G, Jamal Hanjani M, Constantin T, Salari R, et al. Phylogenetic ctDNA analysis depicts early-stage lung cancer evolution. Nature. 2017;545:446-451 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that phylogenetic ctDNA profiling tracks the subclonal nature of lung cancer relapse and metastasis, providing a new approach for ctDNA-driven therapeutic studies. ..
- Iyer J, Storer B, Paulson K, Lemos B, Phillips J, Bichakjian C, et al. Relationships among primary tumor size, number of involved nodes, and survival for 8044 cases of Merkel cell carcinoma. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014;70:637-643 pubmed publisher..Pathologic nodal evaluation should be considered even for patients with small primary MCC tumors. The number of involved nodes is strongly predictive of survival and may help improve prognostic accuracy and management. ..
- Schaefer I, Hornick J, Barysauskas C, Raut C, Patel S, Royce T, et al. Histologic Appearance After Preoperative Radiation Therapy for Soft Tissue Sarcoma: Assessment of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer-Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group Response Score. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:375-383 pubmed publisher..The EORTC-STBSG response score and percent viable cells were not prognostic. Hyalinization/fibrosis was associated with favorable outcome, and if validated, may become a valid endpoint for neoadjuvant trials. ..
- Chen Z, Sasaki T, Tan X, Carretero J, Shimamura T, Li D, et al. Inhibition of ALK, PI3K/MEK, and HSP90 in murine lung adenocarcinoma induced by EML4-ALK fusion oncogene. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9827-36 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings define a murine model that offers a reliable platform for the preclinical comparison of combinatorial treatment approaches for lung cancer characterized by ALK rearrangement. ..
- Plotkin S, Bredella M, Cai W, Kassarjian A, Harris G, Esparza S, et al. Quantitative assessment of whole-body tumor burden in adult patients with neurofibromatosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35711 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to establish an international cohort of patients with quantified whole-body internal tumor burden and to correlate tumor burden with clinical features of disease...
- Shah S, Konnikov N, Duncan L, Tannous Z. The effect of 595 nm pulsed dye laser on superficial and nodular basal cell carcinomas. Lasers Surg Med. 2009;41:417-22 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to determine the effect of repeated PDL treatments on BCCs of superficial and nodular subtypes and of varying diameters...
- Berger A, Niki M, Morotti A, Taylor B, Socci N, Viale A, et al. Identification of DOK genes as lung tumor suppressors. Nat Genet. 2010;42:216-23 pubmed publisher..Given the genomic localization of DOK2, we propose it as an 8p21.3 haploinsufficient human lung tumor suppressor. ..
- Sun X, Wu Y, Gao W, Enjyoji K, Csizmadia E, Muller C, et al. CD39/ENTPD1 expression by CD4+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells promotes hepatic metastatic tumor growth in mice. Gastroenterology. 2010;139:1030-40 pubmed publisher..001). CD39 expression on Tregs inhibits NK activity and is permissive for metastatic growth. Pharmacologic or targeted inhibition of CD39 enzymatic activity may find utility as an adjunct therapy for secondary hepatic malignancies. ..
- Waters N, Daigle S, Rehlaender B, Basavapathruni A, Campbell C, Jensen T, et al. Exploring drug delivery for the DOT1L inhibitor pinometostat (EPZ-5676): Subcutaneous administration as an alternative to continuous IV infusion, in the pursuit of an epigenetic target. J Control Release. 2015;220:758-65 pubmed publisher..Development of an extended release formulation may prove useful in the further optimization of the SC delivery of pinometostat, moving towards a more convenient dosing paradigm for patients. ..
- Halasz L, Bussiere M, Dennis E, Niemierko A, Chapman P, Loeffler J, et al. Proton stereotactic radiosurgery for the treatment of benign meningiomas. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011;81:1428-35 pubmed publisher..Proton SRS is an effective therapy for small benign meningiomas, with a potentially lower rate of long-term treatment-related morbidity. Longer follow-up is needed to assess durability of tumor control and late effects. ..
- Egger J, Kapur T, Nimsky C, Kikinis R. Pituitary adenoma volumetry with 3D Slicer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51788 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we calculated the Dice Similarity Coefficient (DSC) between the manual and the Slicer-based segmentations to proof that the two are comparable yielding an average DSC of 81.97±3.39%...
- Purwar R, Schlapbach C, Xiao S, Kang H, Elyaman W, Jiang X, et al. Robust tumor immunity to melanoma mediated by interleukin-9-producing T cells. Nat Med. 2012;18:1248-53 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a role for IL-9 in tumor immunity and offer insight into potential therapeutic strategies. ..
- Lee L, Viswanathan A. Predictors of toxicity after image-guided high-dose-rate interstitial brachytherapy for gynecologic cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;84:1192-7 pubmed publisher..To identify predictors of grade 3-4 complications and grade 2-4 rectal toxicity after three-dimensional image-guided high-dose-rate (HDR) interstitial brachytherapy for gynecologic cancer...
- Chin Y, Yoshida T, Marusyk A, Beck A, Polyak K, Toker A. Targeting Akt3 signaling in triple-negative breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2014;74:964-73 pubmed publisher..Depletion of Akt3 in TNBC sensitizes cells to the pan-Akt inhibitor GSK690693. These results imply that Akt3 has a specific function in TNBCs; thus, its therapeutic targeting may provide a new treatment option for this tumor subtype. ..
- Coffee E, Faber A, Roper J, Sinnamon M, Goel G, Keung L, et al. Concomitant BRAF and PI3K/mTOR blockade is required for effective treatment of BRAF(V600E) colorectal cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:2688-98 pubmed publisher..We have established a novel GEMM to interrogate BRAF(V600E) CRC biology and identify more efficacious treatment strategies. Combination BRAF and PI3K/mTOR inhibitor treatment should be explored in clinical trials. ..
- McMillin D, Delmore J, Negri J, Ooi M, Klippel S, Miduturu C, et al. Microenvironmental influence on pre-clinical activity of polo-like kinase inhibition in multiple myeloma: implications for clinical translation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20226 pubmed publisher..clinical efficacy in MM and other cancers. ..
- Lai C, Schwartz B, Hsu M. CD133+ melanoma subpopulations contribute to perivascular niche morphogenesis and tumorigenicity through vasculogenic mimicry. Cancer Res. 2012;72:5111-8 pubmed publisher..Further, they indicate that CD133(+) cells act as stem-like cells, which drive tumor growth by promoting VM and the morphogenesis of a specialized perivascular niche in melanoma. ..
- Dibble E, Alvarez A, Truong M, Mercier G, Cook E, Subramaniam R. 18F-FDG metabolic tumor volume and total glycolytic activity of oral cavity and oropharyngeal squamous cell cancer: adding value to clinical staging. J Nucl Med. 2012;53:709-15 pubmed publisher..These exploratory imaging markers need validation in larger cohort studies. ..
- Chang J, Zhang X, Knopf A, Li H, Mori S, Dong L, et al. Consensus Guidelines for Implementing Pencil-Beam Scanning Proton Therapy for Thoracic Malignancies on Behalf of the PTCOG Thoracic and Lymphoma Subcommittee. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:41-50 pubmed publisher..Active motion management (eg, breath hold), beam gating, rescanning, tracking, or adaptive planning may be needed for cases involving significant motion or changes in motion or anatomy over the course of treatment. ..
- Roccaro A, Sacco A, Maiso P, Azab A, Tai Y, Reagan M, et al. BM mesenchymal stromal cell-derived exosomes facilitate multiple myeloma progression. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:1542-55 pubmed
- Cho J, Pastorino S, Zeng Q, Xu X, Johnson W, Vandenberg S, et al. Glioblastoma-derived epidermal growth factor receptor carboxyl-terminal deletion mutants are transforming and are sensitive to EGFR-directed therapies. Cancer Res. 2011;71:7587-96 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that erlotinib and, especially, cetuximab treatment may be a promising therapeutic strategy in GBM patients harboring EGFR CTD deletion mutants. ..
- Tanwar P, Zhang L, Kaneko Tarui T, Curley M, Taketo M, Rani P, et al. Mammalian target of rapamycin is a therapeutic target for murine ovarian endometrioid adenocarcinomas with dysregulated Wnt/?-catenin and PTEN. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20715 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that rapamycin might be an effective therapeutic for human ovarian endometrioid patients with dysregulated Wnt/?-catenin and Pten/PI3K signaling. ..
- Ibrahimi O, Sakamoto F, Tannous Z, Anderson R. 755?nm alexandrite laser for the reduction of tumor burden in basal cell Nevus syndrome. Lasers Surg Med. 2011;43:68-71 pubmed publisher..Like PDL, the alexandrite laser can be vessel-selective, but has the added advantage of deeper tissue penetration. We evaluated the utility of the alexandrite laser in reducing the tumor burden in BCNS with a single treatment...
- Chung E, Yamashita H, Au P, Tannous B, Fukumura D, Jain R. Secreted Gaussia luciferase as a biomarker for monitoring tumor progression and treatment response of systemic metastases. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8316 pubmed publisher..Blood Gluc activity not only tracks metastatic tumor progression but also serves as a longitudinal biomarker for tumor response to treatments. ..
- Dandamudi S, Patil V, Fowle W, Khaw B, Campbell R. External magnet improves antitumor effect of vinblastine and the suppression of metastasis. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1537-43 pubmed publisher..Drug-loaded MCLs with magnetic fields may represent a promising combination approach for cancer treatment. ..