Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: signal transduction
Publications606 found, 100 shown here
- Paik E, de Jong J, Pugach E, Opara P, Zon L. A chemical genetic screen in zebrafish for pathways interacting with cdx4 in primitive hematopoiesis. Zebrafish. 2010;7:61-8 pubmed publisher..The psoralen compounds also disrupted normal A-P patterning of embryos. These compounds modify the cdx4-mutant phenotype and will help elucidate signaling pathways that act downstream or parallel to the cdx4-hox pathway. ..
- Mendoza M, Er E, Blenis J. The Ras-ERK and PI3K-mTOR pathways: cross-talk and compensation. Trends Biochem Sci. 2011;36:320-8 pubmed publisher..The extent of this cross-talk and its significance in cancer therapeutics are now becoming clear. ..
- Wang X, Werneck M, WILSON B, Kim H, Kluk M, Thom C, et al. TCR-dependent transformation of mature memory phenotype T cells in mice. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:3834-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings further suggest that agents that impinge upon TCR signaling may represent an effective therapeutic modality for this class of lethal human cancers. ..
- Chen Y, Sabatini B. Signaling in dendritic spines and spine microdomains. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2012;22:389-96 pubmed publisher..Here we review these findings as well as the developments in fluorescence microscopy that are making possible direct monitoring of signaling within spines and, in the future, within sub-spine microdomains. ..
- Mosialos G, Birkenbach M, Yalamanchili R, VanArsdale T, Ware C, Kieff E. The Epstein-Barr virus transforming protein LMP1 engages signaling proteins for the tumor necrosis factor receptor family. Cell. 1995;80:389-99 pubmed..The interaction of LMP1 with these TNFR family-associated proteins is further evidence for their role in signaling and links LMP1-mediated transformation to signal transduction from the TNFR family. ..
- Rabizadeh S, Xavier R, Ishiguro K, Bernabeortiz J, Lopez Ilasaca M, Khokhlatchev A, et al. The scaffold protein CNK1 interacts with the tumor suppressor RASSF1A and augments RASSF1A-induced cell death. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29247-54 pubmed..Thus, in addition to its positive role in the proliferative outputs of active Ras, the CNK1 scaffold protein, through its binding of a RASSF1A.MST complex, also participates in the proapoptotic signaling initiated by active Ras. ..
- Graham J, Hendershott M, Terragni J, Cooper G. mRNA degradation plays a significant role in the program of gene expression regulated by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:5295-305 pubmed publisher..These results show that PI 3-kinase regulation of mRNA stability, predominantly mediated by BRF1, plays a major role in regulating gene expression. ..
- Iuchi S, Lin E. Mutational analysis of signal transduction by ArcB, a membrane sensor protein responsible for anaerobic repression of operons involved in the central aerobic pathways in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:3972-80 pubmed..The defective phenotype of all arcB mutants was corrected by the presence of the wild-type gene. We also showed that the expression of the gene itself is not under respiratory regulation. ..
- Sun X, Crimmins D, Myers M, Miralpeix M, White M. Pleiotropic insulin signals are engaged by multisite phosphorylation of IRS-1. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:7418-28 pubmed..These results extend the notion that IRS-1 is a multisite docking protein that engages various downstream regulatory elements during insulin signal transmission. ..
- Strohmeier G, Reppert S, Lencer W, Madara J. The A2b adenosine receptor mediates cAMP responses to adenosine receptor agonists in human intestinal epithelia. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:2387-94 pubmed..Such observations have potentially important implications for the treatment of diarrheal diseases. ..
- Liu Y, Deth R, Devys D. SH3 domain-dependent association of huntingtin with epidermal growth factor receptor signaling complexes. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:8121-4 pubmed..Our results suggest that huntingtin may be a unique adapter protein for EGF receptor-mediated signaling and may be involved in the regulation of Ras-dependent signaling pathways. ..
- Gleeson J, Allen K, Fox J, Lamperti E, Berkovic S, Scheffer I, et al. Doublecortin, a brain-specific gene mutated in human X-linked lissencephaly and double cortex syndrome, encodes a putative signaling protein. Cell. 1998;92:63-72 pubmed..Doublecortin, along with the newly characterized mDab1, may define an Abl-dependent pathway regulating neuronal migration. ..
- Ito Y, Pandey P, Mishra N, Kumar S, Narula N, Kharbanda S, et al. Targeting of the c-Abl tyrosine kinase to mitochondria in endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6233-42 pubmed..These findings indicate that c-Abl is involved in signaling from the ER to mitochondria and thereby the apoptotic response to ER stress. ..
- Price V, Reed C, Lieberthal W, Schwartz J. ATP depletion of tubular cells causes dissociation of the zonula adherens and nuclear translocation of beta-catenin and LEF-1. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2002;13:1152-61 pubmed..It is also speculated that the nuclear translocation of beta-catenin and TCF/LEF-1 modulates gene expression after ischemic injury and may contribute to events necessary for renal regeneration and repair after ischemic injury. ..
- Wedlich Soldner R, Wai S, Schmidt T, Li R. Robust cell polarity is a dynamic state established by coupling transport and GTPase signaling. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:889-900 pubmed..When Bem1 and actin were both inhibited, polarization completely failed. These results suggest that cell polarity is established through coupling of transport and signaling pathways and maintained actively by balance of flux. ..
- Brown M, Sacks D. IQGAP1 in cellular signaling: bridging the GAP. Trends Cell Biol. 2006;16:242-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that IQGAP1 integrates signaling pathways and coordinates several fundamental cellular activities. ..
- Stennett A, Khalil R. Neurovascular mechanisms of hypertension in pregnancy. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2006;3:131-48 pubmed..Careful monitoring of maternal neuronal, endothelial, and VSM function during pregnancy should circumvent the life-threatening neurovascular complications of PE-eclampsia. ..
- Lopez D, Kolter R. Functional microdomains in bacterial membranes. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1893-902 pubmed publisher..The orchestration of physiological processes in microdomains may be a more widespread feature of membranes than previously appreciated. ..
- Maertens O, Johnson B, Hollstein P, Frederick D, Cooper Z, Messiaen L, et al. Elucidating distinct roles for NF1 in melanomagenesis. Cancer Discov. 2013;3:338-49 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies provide mechanistic insight into how NF1 cooperates with BRAF mutations in melanoma and show that NF1/neurofibromin inactivation may have an impact on responses to targeted therapies. ..
- Kantoff P, Mohler J. New developments in the management of prostate cancer. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2013;11:653-7 pubmed..He explained how better treatment decisions will result from individualized estimation of threat-to-life posed by prostate cancer, chance of cure by treatment, and treatment risks. ..
- Griffin M, Zhou Y, Kang S, Zhang X, Mikkelsen T, Rosen E. Early B-cell factor-1 (EBF1) is a key regulator of metabolic and inflammatory signaling pathways in mature adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35925-39 pubmed publisher..These results advance our understanding of the transcriptional mechanisms regulating signaling pathways in mature fat cells and indicate that EBF1 functions as a key integrator of signal transduction, inflammation, and metabolism. ..
- Tseng A, Engel F, Keating M. The GSK-3 inhibitor BIO promotes proliferation in mammalian cardiomyocytes. Chem Biol. 2006;13:957-63 pubmed..Our demonstration of a second role for BIO suggests that the maintenance of stem cell self-renewal and the induction of proliferation in differentiated cardiomyocytes may share common molecular pathways. ..
- Mahon M. The parathyroid hormone 1 receptor directly binds to the FERM domain of ezrin, an interaction that supports apical receptor localization and signaling in LLC-PK1 cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:1691-701 pubmed publisher..However, dominant-negative ezrin does not affect expression or signaling of the basolateral PTH1R subpopulation. These findings reveal that direct ezrin interactions promote PTH1R apical localization and signaling in LLC-PK1 cells. ..
- Liu X, Wetzler L, Nascimento L, Massari P. Human airway epithelial cell responses to Neisseria lactamica and purified porin via Toll-like receptor 2-dependent signaling. Infect Immun. 2010;78:5314-23 pubmed publisher..lactamica would benefit from expressing a product that induces low TLR2-dependent local inflammation, likely delaying or avoiding clearance by the host...
- Wyler von Ballmoos M, Yang Z, Völzmann J, Baumgartner I, Kalka C, Di Santo S. Endothelial progenitor cells induce a phenotype shift in differentiated endothelial cells towards PDGF/PDGFR? axis-mediated angiogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14107 pubmed publisher..This finding may be utilized to enhance EPC-based therapy of ischemic tissue in future. ..
- Koh H, Toyoda T, Didesch M, Lee M, Sleeman M, Kulkarni R, et al. Tribbles 3 mediates endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscle. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1871 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that tribbles 3 mediates endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscle. ..
- Barber D, DeMartino J, Showers M, D Andrea A. A dominant negative erythropoietin (EPO) receptor inhibits EPO-dependent growth and blocks F-gp55-dependent transformation. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:2257-65 pubmed..In conclusion, the EPO-R(T) polypeptide is a dominant negative polypeptide which specifically interferes with the early stages of EPO-R-mediated signal transduction and which prevents Friend virus transformation of erythroblasts...
- Freeman G, Long A, Iwai Y, Bourque K, Chernova T, Nishimura H, et al. Engagement of the PD-1 immunoinhibitory receptor by a novel B7 family member leads to negative regulation of lymphocyte activation. J Exp Med. 2000;192:1027-34 pubmed..PD-L1 expression on nonlymphoid tissues and its potential interaction with PD-1 may subsequently determine the extent of immune responses at sites of inflammation. ..
- Asai T, Stone J, Heard J, Kovtun Y, Yorgey P, Sheen J, et al. Fumonisin B1-induced cell death in arabidopsis protoplasts requires jasmonate-, ethylene-, and salicylate-dependent signaling pathways. Plant Cell. 2000;12:1823-36 pubmed..These results demonstrate that FB1 killing of Arabidopsis is light dependent and requires SA-, JA-, and ET-mediated signaling pathways as well as one or more unidentified factors activated by FB1 and the acd2-2 mutation. ..
- Fukumoto S, Hsieh C, Maemura K, Layne M, Yet S, Lee K, et al. Akt participation in the Wnt signaling pathway through Dishevelled. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:17479-83 pubmed..Therefore, Akt acts in association with Dvl as an important regulator of the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Sattler M, Griffin J. Mechanisms of transformation by the BCR/ABL oncogene. Int J Hematol. 2001;73:278-91 pubmed..This review will describe mechanisms of transformation by the BCR/ABL oncogene and opportunities for clinical intervention with specific signal transduction inhibitors such as STI-571 in CML. ..
- Bjorkbacka H, Kunjathoor V, Moore K, Koehn S, Ordija C, Lee M, et al. Reduced atherosclerosis in MyD88-null mice links elevated serum cholesterol levels to activation of innate immunity signaling pathways. Nat Med. 2004;10:416-21 pubmed..These findings link elevated serum lipid levels to a proinflammatory signaling cascade that is also engaged by microbial pathogens. ..
- Mammoto A, Huang S, Moore K, Oh P, Ingber D. Role of RhoA, mDia, and ROCK in cell shape-dependent control of the Skp2-p27kip1 pathway and the G1/S transition. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:26323-30 pubmed
- Entingh Pearsall A, Kahn C. Differential roles of the insulin and insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) receptors in response to insulin and IGF-I. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:38016-24 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that the insulin and IGF-I receptors contribute distinct signals to common downstream components in response to both insulin and IGF-I. ..
- Derudder E, Cadera E, Vahl J, Wang J, Fox C, Zha S, et al. Development of immunoglobulin lambda-chain-positive B cells, but not editing of immunoglobulin kappa-chain, depends on NF-kappaB signals. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:647-54 pubmed publisher..This second phase of development is dependent on NF-kappaB signals, which can be substituted by transgenic expression of the prosurvival factor Bcl-2. ..
- Butt M, Sailhamer E, Li Y, Liu B, Shuja F, Velmahos G, et al. Pharmacologic resuscitation: cell protective mechanisms of histone deacetylase inhibition in lethal hemorrhagic shock. J Surg Res. 2009;156:290-6 pubmed publisher..This study investigated whether VPA treatment works through the c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK)/Caspase-3 survival pathways...
- Yu W, Kong T, Beaudry S, Tran M, Negoro H, Yanamadala V, et al. Polycystin-1 protein level determines activity of the Galpha12/JNK apoptosis pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10243-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings are consistent with a set point model in which PC1 expression levels regulate specific G protein signaling pathways important to cyst development. ..
- Vinciguerra P, Godinho S, Parmar K, Pellman D, D Andrea A. Cytokinesis failure occurs in Fanconi anemia pathway-deficient murine and human bone marrow hematopoietic cells. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:3834-42 pubmed publisher..Based on these observations, we suggest that cytokinesis failure followed by apoptosis may contribute to bone marrow failure in patients with FA. ..
- Ashida N, SenBanerjee S, Kodama S, Foo S, Coggins M, Spencer J, et al. IKKβ regulates essential functions of the vascular endothelium through kinase-dependent and -independent pathways. Nat Commun. 2011;2:318 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate essential roles for IKKβ in regulating endothelial permeability and migration, as well as an unanticipated connection between IKKβ and Akt signalling. ..
- White C, Li Z, Dillon D, Sacks D. IQGAP1 protein binds human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) and modulates trastuzumab resistance. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:29734-47 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that inhibiting IQGAP1 function may represent a rational strategy for treating HER2(+) breast carcinoma. ..
- Rankin A, Sarkar S, Faller D. Mechanism of T-oligo-induced cell cycle arrest in Mia-PaCa pancreatic cancer cells. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2586-94 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate the dispensability of T-oligo-induced ATM/ATR-mediated DNA damage response-signaling pathways, which have long been considered functional in the T-oligo signaling mechanism. ..
- Niewczas M, Gohda T, Skupien J, Smiles A, Walker W, Rosetti F, et al. Circulating TNF receptors 1 and 2 predict ESRD in type 2 diabetes. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012;23:507-15 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, elevated concentrations of circulating TNFRs in patients with type 2 diabetes at baseline are very strong predictors of the subsequent progression to ESRD in subjects with and without proteinuria. ..
- Sugimoto H, LeBleu V, Bosukonda D, Keck P, Taduri G, Bechtel W, et al. Activin-like kinase 3 is important for kidney regeneration and reversal of fibrosis. Nat Med. 2012;18:396-404 pubmed publisher..Our studies show that BMP signaling agonists constitute a new line of therapeutic agents with potential utility in the clinic to induce regeneration, repair and reverse established fibrosis. ..
- Haj F, Sabet O, Kinkhabwala A, Wimmer Kleikamp S, Roukos V, Han H, et al. Regulation of signaling at regions of cell-cell contact by endoplasmic reticulum-bound protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1B. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36633 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results identify PM-proximal sub-regions of the ER as important sites of cellular signaling regulation by PTP1B. ..
- Dowlatshahi M, Huang V, Gehad A, Jiang Y, Calarese A, Teague J, et al. Tumor-specific T cells in human Merkel cell carcinomas: a possible role for Tregs and T-cell exhaustion in reducing T-cell responses. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:1879-89 pubmed publisher..Agents that stimulate T-cell activity, block regulatory T cell function, or inhibit PD-1 signaling may be effective in the treatment of this highly malignant skin cancer. ..
- Davis T, Zucchi P, Kumamoto C. Calmodulin binding to Dfi1p promotes invasiveness of Candida albicans. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76239 pubmed publisher..We propose that conformational changes in Dfi1p in response to environmental conditions encountered during growth allow the protein to bind calmodulin and initiate a signaling cascade that activates Cek1p. ..
- Georgellis D, Lynch A, Lin E. In vitro phosphorylation study of the arc two-component signal transduction system of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:5429-35 pubmed
- Zeidler M, Bach E, Perrimon N. The roles of the Drosophila JAK/STAT pathway. Oncogene. 2000;19:2598-606 pubmed publisher..Oncogene (2000)...
- Hagel M, George E, Kim A, Tamimi R, Opitz S, Turner C, et al. The adaptor protein paxillin is essential for normal development in the mouse and is a critical transducer of fibronectin signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:901-15 pubmed
- Danila D, Zhang X, Zhou Y, Haidar J, Klibanski A. Overexpression of wild-type activin receptor alk4-1 restores activin antiproliferative effects in human pituitary tumor cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:4741-6 pubmed..Overexpression of the wild-type Alk4-1 receptor restores responsiveness to activin in human pituitary tumor-derived cells. ..
- Chang Q, Li Y, White M, Fletcher J, Xiao S. Constitutive activation of insulin receptor substrate 1 is a frequent event in human tumors: therapeutic implications. Cancer Res. 2002;62:6035-8 pubmed..These studies suggest that constitutive IRS-1 activation is a common phenomenon in tumors and that activated IRS-1 may present an attractive therapeutic target. ..
- Patzke H, Maddineni U, Ayala R, Morabito M, Volker J, Dikkes P, et al. Partial rescue of the p35-/- brain phenotype by low expression of a neuronal-specific enolase p25 transgene. J Neurosci. 2003;23:2769-78 pubmed..Our results show that p25 can substitute for p35/Cdk5 under certain circumstances during development. In addition, they suggest that p25 may have lost some functions of p35. ..
- Schratt G, Nigh E, Chen W, Hu L, Greenberg M. BDNF regulates the translation of a select group of mRNAs by a mammalian target of rapamycin-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent pathway during neuronal development. J Neurosci. 2004;24:7366-77 pubmed..The local translation of the cytoskeleton-associated protein Homer2 in particular might have important implications for growth cone dynamics and dendritic spine development. ..
- Chan J, Zhang H, Roberts P, Jozwiak S, Wieslawa G, Lewin Kowalik J, et al. Pathogenesis of tuberous sclerosis subependymal giant cell astrocytomas: biallelic inactivation of TSC1 or TSC2 leads to mTOR activation. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2004;63:1236-42 pubmed..We conclude that TSC SEGAs likely arise through a two-hit mechanism of biallelic inactivation of TSC1 or TSC2, leading to activation of the mTOR kinase. ..
- Döppler H, Storz P, Li J, Comb M, Toker A. A phosphorylation state-specific antibody recognizes Hsp27, a novel substrate of protein kinase D. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:15013-9 pubmed..We term this antibody anti-PKD pMOTIF and predict that it will enable the discovery of novel PKD substrate proteins in cells. ..
- Sakamoto K, Arnolds D, Fujii N, Kramer H, Hirshman M, Goodyear L. Role of Akt2 in contraction-stimulated cell signaling and glucose uptake in skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006;291:E1031-7 pubmed
- Gibson K, Kobayashi H, Walker G. Molecular determinants of a symbiotic chronic infection. Annu Rev Genet. 2008;42:413-41 pubmed publisher..In particular, rhizobia appear to advocate for their access to the host by producing a variety of signal molecules capable of suppressing a general pathogen defense response. ..
- Thorley Lawson D, Allday M. The curious case of the tumour virus: 50 years of Burkitt's lymphoma. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2008;6:913-24 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the intertwined histories of EBV and BL and their relationship to the cofactors in BL pathogenesis: malaria and the MYC translocation...
- Plentz R, Park J, Rhim A, Abravanel D, Hezel A, Sharma S, et al. Inhibition of gamma-secretase activity inhibits tumor progression in a mouse model of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:1741-9.e6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Notch signaling is required for PDAC progression. Pharmacologic targeting of this pathway offers therapeutic potential in this treatment-refractory malignancy. ..
- Hayashida K, Bartlett A, Chen Y, Park P. Molecular and cellular mechanisms of ectodomain shedding. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2010;293:925-37 pubmed publisher..This review will describe the molecular and cellular mechanisms of ectodomain shedding, and discuss its major functions in lung development and disease. ..
- Kazama H, Yaksi E, Wilson R. Cell death triggers olfactory circuit plasticity via glial signaling in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2011;31:7619-30 pubmed publisher..By strengthening excitatory interactions between neurons in a deafferented brain region, this mechanism might help boost activity to compensate for lost sensory input. ..
- Pennock S, Kazlauskas A. Vascular endothelial growth factor A competitively inhibits platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-dependent activation of PDGF receptor and subsequent signaling events and cellular responses. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1955-66 pubmed publisher..These findings unveil a previously unappreciated relationship between distant members of the PDGF/VEGF family that may contribute to pathogenesis of a blinding eye disease. ..
- Genovese G, Ergun A, Shukla S, Campos B, Hanna J, Ghosh P, et al. microRNA regulatory network inference identifies miR-34a as a novel regulator of TGF-? signaling in glioblastoma. Cancer Discov. 2012;2:736-49 pubmed..Specifically in glioblastoma, within the context of the global network, promoter enrichment analysis of network edges uncovered a novel regulation of TGF-? signaling via a Smad4 transcriptomic network by miR-34a. ..
- Hines D, Haydon P. Inhibition of a SNARE-sensitive pathway in astrocytes attenuates damage following stroke. J Neurosci. 2013;33:4234-40 pubmed publisher..Drugs targeting astrocyte signaling have a potential benefit for the outcome of stroke in human patients by limiting the spread of damage. ..
- Zhang D, Zhang G, Hu X, Wu L, Feng Y, He S, et al. Oncogenic RAS Regulates Long Noncoding RNA Orilnc1 in Human Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3745-3757 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results identify Orilnc1 as a novel, nonprotein mediator of RAS/RAF activation that may serve as a therapeutic target in RAS/RAF-driven cancers. Cancer Res; 77(14); 3745-57. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Kitajima S, Takahashi C. Intersection of retinoblastoma tumor suppressor function, stem cells, metabolism, and inflammation. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1726-1731 pubmed publisher..In this review, we highlight the consequences of RB inactivation during cancer progression, and discuss the biological and pathological significance of the interaction between RB and pro-inflammatory signaling. ..
- Mahon M, Donowitz M, Yun C, Segre G. Na(+)/H(+ ) exchanger regulatory factor 2 directs parathyroid hormone 1 receptor signalling. Nature. 2002;417:858-61 pubmed
- Lopez D, Vlamakis H, Kolter R. Biofilms. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2010;2:a000398 pubmed publisher..Using these bacteria as examples, we discuss the key features of biofilms as well as mechanisms by which extracellular signals trigger biofilm formation. ..
- Sun F, Park K, Belin S, Wang D, Lu T, Chen G, et al. Sustained axon regeneration induced by co-deletion of PTEN and SOCS3. Nature. 2011;480:372-5 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal concurrent activation of mTOR and STAT3 pathways as key for sustaining long-distance axon regeneration in adult CNS, a crucial step towards functional recovery. ..
- Wang G, Lunardi A, Zhang J, Chen Z, Ala U, Webster K, et al. Zbtb7a suppresses prostate cancer through repression of a Sox9-dependent pathway for cellular senescence bypass and tumor invasion. Nat Genet. 2013;45:739-746 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify ZBTB7A as a context-dependent cancer gene that can act as an oncogene in some contexts but also has oncosuppressive-like activity in PTEN-null tumors. ..
- Siegfried E, Wilder E, Perrimon N. Components of wingless signalling in Drosophila. Nature. 1994;367:76-80 pubmed..Our results indicate that dsh and porc act upstream of zw3, and arm acts downstream of zw3. ..
- Myers M, Wang L, Sun X, Zhang Y, Yenush L, Schlessinger J, et al. Role of IRS-1-GRB-2 complexes in insulin signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:3577-87 pubmed
- Moyers J, Bilan P, Reynet C, Kahn C. Overexpression of Rad inhibits glucose uptake in cultured muscle and fat cells. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:23111-6 pubmed..These data indicate that Rad is a negative regulator of glucose uptake and that this effect may be due to a decrease in the intrinsic activity of the transporter molecules, rather than an effect on the translocation of Glut4. ..
- Xu P, Adams J, Peters H, Brown M, Heaney S, Maas R. Eya1-deficient mice lack ears and kidneys and show abnormal apoptosis of organ primordia. Nat Genet. 1999;23:113-7 pubmed..In addition, our results suggest that an evolutionarily conserved Pax-Eya-Six regulatory hierarchy is used in mammalian ear and kidney development. ..
- Berland R, Wortis H. Origins and functions of B-1 cells with notes on the role of CD5. Annu Rev Immunol. 2002;20:253-300 pubmed..The CD5 molecule can function as a negative regulator of BCR signaling that may help prevent inappropriate activation of autoreactive B-1a cells. ..
- Gerstenfeld L, Cho T, Kon T, Aizawa T, Tsay A, Fitch J, et al. Impaired fracture healing in the absence of TNF-alpha signaling: the role of TNF-alpha in endochondral cartilage resorption. J Bone Miner Res. 2003;18:1584-92 pubmed
- Skurk C, Maatz H, Kim H, Yang J, Abid M, Aird W, et al. The Akt-regulated forkhead transcription factor FOXO3a controls endothelial cell viability through modulation of the caspase-8 inhibitor FLIP. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:1513-25 pubmed..These data suggest that FOXO3a is a downstream target of Akt in endothelial cells that can promote apoptosis via FLIP down-regulation and activation of the extrinsic apoptotic pathway. ..
- Kawanabe Y, Nauli S. Involvement of extracellular Ca2+ influx through voltage-independent Ca2+ channels in endothelin-1 function. Cell Signal. 2005;17:911-6 pubmed
- Strissel K, Sokolov M, Trieu L, Arshavsky V. Arrestin translocation is induced at a critical threshold of visual signaling and is superstoichiometric to bleached rhodopsin. J Neurosci. 2006;26:1146-53 pubmed..Thus, arrestin movement to the outer segment leads to an increase in the free arrestin concentration and thereby may serve as a powerful mechanism of light adaptation. ..
- Samuelson A, Carr C, Ruvkun G. Gene activities that mediate increased life span of C. elegans insulin-like signaling mutants. Genes Dev. 2007;21:2976-94 pubmed..The activities of these genes may normally decline during aging. ..
- Brown M, Bry L, Li Z, Sacks D. Actin pedestal formation by enteropathogenic Escherichia coli is regulated by IQGAP1, calcium, and calmodulin. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35212-22 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, IQGAP1 specifically interacts with Tir in vitro and in cells. Together these data identify IQGAP1, Ca(2+), and calmodulin as a novel signaling complex regulating actin pedestal formation by EPEC. ..
- Imataki O, Ansén S, Tanaka M, Butler M, Berezovskaya A, Milstein M, et al. IL-21 can supplement suboptimal Lck-independent MAPK activation in a STAT-3-dependent manner in human CD8(+) T cells. J Immunol. 2012;188:1609-19 pubmed publisher..However, STAT3-mediated IL-21 signaling can supplement partial TCR signaling caused by the lack of CD8 association. ..