Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna interference in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: rna interference
Publications155 found, 100 shown here
- Gui B, Hsieh C, Kantoff P, Kibel A, Jia L. Androgen receptor-mediated downregulation of microRNA-221 and -222 in castration-resistant prostate cancer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184166 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed light on the complexity of transcriptional regulation of miRNAs in PCa and suggest context-dependent targeting of oncogenic miRNAs. ..
- Bielenberg D, Hida Y, Shimizu A, Kaipainen A, Kreuter M, Kim C, et al. Semaphorin 3F, a chemorepulsant for endothelial cells, induces a poorly vascularized, encapsulated, nonmetastatic tumor phenotype. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:1260-71 pubmed..Together these results indicate that SEMA3F is a potent metastasis inhibitor that targets both tumor and stromal cells and raise the possibility of SEMA3F having therapeutic potential. ..
- Döppler H, Storz P, Li J, Comb M, Toker A. A phosphorylation state-specific antibody recognizes Hsp27, a novel substrate of protein kinase D. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:15013-9 pubmed..We term this antibody anti-PKD pMOTIF and predict that it will enable the discovery of novel PKD substrate proteins in cells. ..
- Tsuji T, Sun Y, Kishimoto K, Olson K, Liu S, Hirukawa S, et al. Angiogenin is translocated to the nucleus of HeLa cells and is involved in ribosomal RNA transcription and cell proliferation. Cancer Res. 2005;65:1352-60 pubmed..The results showed that angiogenin is constitutively translocated into the nucleus of HeLa cells where it stimulates rRNA transcription. Thus, besides its angiogenic activity, angiogenin also plays a role in cancer cell proliferation. ..
- Perrimon N, Mathey Prevot B. Applications of high-throughput RNA interference screens to problems in cell and developmental biology. Genetics. 2007;175:7-16 pubmed..Finally, we discuss emerging technological advances that will extend RNAi-based screening methods. ..
- Yamasaki S, Stoecklin G, Kedersha N, Simarro M, Anderson P. T-cell intracellular antigen-1 (TIA-1)-induced translational silencing promotes the decay of selected mRNAs. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:30070-7 pubmed..These results suggest that TIA-1-induced polysome disassembly is required for enhanced mRNA decay and that TIA-1-induced translational silencing promotes the decay of selected mRNAs. ..
- Lazebnik M, Tussie Luna M, Hinds P, Roy A. Williams-Beuren syndrome-associated transcription factor TFII-I regulates osteogenic marker genes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:36234-9 pubmed publisher..Identification of pathways regulated by TFII-I family transcription factors may begin to shed light on the molecular determinants of WBS. ..
- Behrends C, Sowa M, Gygi S, Harper J. Network organization of the human autophagy system. Nature. 2010;466:68-76 pubmed publisher..These studies provide a global view of the mammalian autophagy interaction landscape and a resource for mechanistic analysis of this critical protein homeostasis pathway. ..
- Aryal R, Kwak P, Tamayo A, Gebert M, Chiu P, Walz T, et al. Macromolecular Assemblies of the Mammalian Circadian Clock. Mol Cell. 2017;67:770-782.e6 pubmed publisher..Our results define the macromolecular assemblies comprising the circadian feedback loop and provide an initial structural view of endogenous eukaryotic clock machinery. ..
- Rape M, Kirschner M. Autonomous regulation of the anaphase-promoting complex couples mitosis to S-phase entry. Nature. 2004;432:588-95 pubmed..This indicates that the core of the metazoan cell cycle could be described as a self-perpetuating but highly regulated oscillator composed of alternating CDK and APC activities. ..
- Nybakken K, Vokes S, Lin T, McMahon A, Perrimon N. A genome-wide RNA interference screen in Drosophila melanogaster cells for new components of the Hh signaling pathway. Nat Genet. 2005;37:1323-32 pubmed..Finally, we showed that several of these genes have conserved roles in mammalian Hh signaling. ..
- Wang J, Rao S, Chu J, Shen X, Levasseur D, Theunissen T, et al. A protein interaction network for pluripotency of embryonic stem cells. Nature. 2006;444:364-8 pubmed..This tight protein network seems to function as a cellular module dedicated to pluripotency. ..
- Hsu C, Chan D, Greggio E, Saha S, Guillily M, Ferree A, et al. MKK6 binds and regulates expression of Parkinson's disease-related protein LRRK2. J Neurochem. 2010;112:1593-604 pubmed publisher..These results were confirmed by deletion of sek-1 in C. elegans. These data demonstrate that MKKs and LRRK2 function in similar biological pathways, and support a role for LRRK2 in modulating the cellular stress response. ..
- Palsgaard J, Emanuelli B, Winnay J, Sumara G, Karsenty G, Kahn C. Cross-talk between insulin and Wnt signaling in preadipocytes: role of Wnt co-receptor low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-5 (LRP5). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:12016-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, altered Wnt and LRP5 activity can serve as modifiers of insulin action and insulin resistance in the pathophysiology of diabetes and metabolic syndrome. ..
- Pukkila Worley R, Feinbaum R, Kirienko N, Larkins Ford J, Conery A, Ausubel F. Stimulation of host immune defenses by a small molecule protects C. elegans from bacterial infection. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002733 pubmed publisher..These data show that the immunostimulatory activity of RPW-24 is required for its efficacy and define a novel C. elegans-based strategy to identify compounds with activity against antibiotic-resistant bacterial pathogens. ..
- Fine D, Rozenblatt Rosen O, Padi M, Korkhin A, James R, Adelmant G, et al. Identification of FAM111A as an SV40 host range restriction and adenovirus helper factor. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002949 pubmed publisher..FAM111A functions as a host range restriction factor that is specifically targeted by SV40 LT. ..
- Curran S, Ruvkun G. Lifespan regulation by evolutionarily conserved genes essential for viability. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e56 pubmed..These results suggest that insulin-signaling pathways play a role in regulation of aging at any stage in life. ..
- Yan N, Cherepanov P, Daigle J, Engelman A, Lieberman J. The SET complex acts as a barrier to autointegration of HIV-1. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000327 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the SET complex facilitates HIV-1 infection by preventing suicidal autointegration...
- Ritterson Lew C, Tolan D. Targeting of several glycolytic enzymes using RNA interference reveals aldolase affects cancer cell proliferation through a non-glycolytic mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:42554-63 pubmed publisher..These results are compared with other studies targeting glycolytic enzymes with RNAi in the context of cancer cell proliferation and suggest that aldolase may be a useful target in the treatment of cancer. ..
- Bui D, Lee W, White A, Harper J, Schackmann R, Overholtzer M, et al. Cytokinesis involves a nontranscriptional function of the Hippo pathway effector YAP. Sci Signal. 2016;9:ra23 pubmed publisher..Together, these results reveal an unanticipated role for YAP in the proper organization of the cytokinesis machinery during mitosis through interaction with the polarity protein PATJ. ..
- Zhang H, Abraham N, Khan L, Hall D, Fleming J, GOBEL V. Apicobasal domain identities of expanding tubular membranes depend on glycosphingolipid biosynthesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:1189-201 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify glycosphingolipids, CGT products and obligate membrane lipids, as critical determinants of in vivo polarity and indicate that they sort new components to the expanding apical membrane...
- Alekseyenko A, Ho J, Peng S, Gelbart M, Tolstorukov M, Plachetka A, et al. Sequence-specific targeting of dosage compensation in Drosophila favors an active chromatin context. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002646 pubmed publisher..Our analysis can serve as a model for identifying chromatin and local sequence features that may contribute to selection of functional protein binding sites in the genome...
- Guo S, Lopez Ilasaca M, Dzau V. Identification of calcium-modulating cyclophilin ligand (CAML) as transducer of angiotensin II-mediated nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) activation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12536-41 pubmed
- Bagarova J, Chowdhury T, Kimura M, Kleene K. Identification of elements in the Smcp 5' and 3' UTR that repress translation and promote the formation of heavy inactive mRNPs in spermatids by analysis of mutations in transgenic mice. Reproduction. 2010;140:853-64 pubmed publisher..In addition, differences in regulation between Smcp-Gfp mRNAs containing one Smcp UTR and the natural Smcp mRNA suggest that interactions between the Smcp 5' UTR and 3' UTR may be required for regulation of the Smcp mRNA...
- Fulciniti M, Amin S, Nanjappa P, Rodig S, Prabhala R, Li C, et al. Significant biological role of sp1 transactivation in multiple myeloma. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:6500-9 pubmed publisher..Our results show Sp1 as an important transcription factor in myeloma that can be therapeutically targeted for clinical application by TMP. ..
- Martinez Noel G, Galligan J, Sowa M, Arndt V, Overton T, Harper J, et al. Identification and proteomic analysis of distinct UBE3A/E6AP protein complexes. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3095-106 pubmed publisher..These proteomic studies reveal a level of complexity for E6AP that has not been previously appreciated and identify a number of new cellular proteins through which E6AP may be regulated or functioning. ..
- Sanada K, Tsai L. G protein betagamma subunits and AGS3 control spindle orientation and asymmetric cell fate of cerebral cortical progenitors. Cell. 2005;122:119-31 pubmed..Furthermore, our observations indicate that the cell-fate decision of daughter cells is coupled to mitotic-spindle orientation in progenitors. ..
- Dias A, Dufu K, Lei H, Reed R. A role for TREX components in the release of spliced mRNA from nuclear speckle domains. Nat Commun. 2010;1:97 pubmed publisher..Together, our data raise the possibility that pre-mRNA undergoes splicing in nuclear speckle domains, before their release by TREX components for efficient export to the cytoplasm. ..
- Puram S, Yeung C, Jahani Asl A, Lin C, de la Iglesia N, Konopka G, et al. STAT3-iNOS Signaling Mediates EGFRvIII-Induced Glial Proliferation and Transformation. J Neurosci. 2012;32:7806-18 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that inhibition of iNOS may have potential therapeutic value for EGFRvIII-activated brain tumors. ..
- Bagarova J, Vonner A, Armstrong K, BÃ¶rgermann J, Lai C, Deng D, et al. Constitutively active ALK2 receptor mutants require type II receptor cooperation. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:2413-24 pubmed publisher..These findings define the minimal requirements for signaling of GS domain ALK2 mutants, with implications for the therapeutic targeting of their activity in disease. ..
- Wei W, Ayad N, Wan Y, Zhang G, Kirschner M, Kaelin W. Degradation of the SCF component Skp2 in cell-cycle phase G1 by the anaphase-promoting complex. Nature. 2004;428:194-8 pubmed..These findings provide an insight into the orchestration of SCF and APC activities during cell-cycle progression, and into the involvement of the APC in G1. ..
- Lee T, Perrem K, Harper J, Lu K, Zhou X. The F-box protein FBX4 targets PIN2/TRF1 for ubiquitin-mediated degradation and regulates telomere maintenance. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:759-68 pubmed..Thus, Fbx4 may play a critical role in telomere maintenance. ..
- Gabel H, Ruvkun G. The exonuclease ERI-1 has a conserved dual role in 5.8S rRNA processing and RNAi. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:531-3 pubmed publisher..8S ribosomal RNA in both C. elegans and S. pombe. In C. elegans, two protein isoforms of ERI-1 are localized to the cytoplasm, and each has distinct functions in ribosomal RNA processing and negative regulation of RNA interference. ..
- Bjork B, Fujiwara Y, Davis S, Qiu H, Saunders T, Sandy P, et al. A transient transgenic RNAi strategy for rapid characterization of gene function during embryonic development. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14375 pubmed publisher..Of the three methodologies tested, the PB transposon system produced high numbers of transgenic embryos with the expected phenotype, demonstrating its utility as a screening method. ..
- Jin S, Arai J, Tian X, Kumar Singh R, Feig L. Acquisition of contextual discrimination involves the appearance of a RAS-GRF1/p38 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase-mediated signaling pathway that promotes long term potentiation (LTP). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21703-13 pubmed publisher..These findings implicate the CA1 hippocampus in the developmentally dependent capacity to distinguish closely related contexts through the appearance of a novel LTP-supporting signaling pathway. ..
- Kocks C, Cho J, Nehme N, Ulvila J, Pearson A, Meister M, et al. Eater, a transmembrane protein mediating phagocytosis of bacterial pathogens in Drosophila. Cell. 2005;123:335-46 pubmed..Our results suggest that Eater is a major phagocytic receptor for a broad range of bacterial pathogens in Drosophila and provide a powerful model to address the role of phagocytosis in vivo. ..
- Kanellopoulou C, Monticelli S. A role for microRNAs in the development of the immune system and in the pathogenesis of cancer. Semin Cancer Biol. 2008;18:79-88 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide background on the biogenesis and function of miRNAs, and discuss how miRNA-mediated regulation can influence tumorigenesis as well as normal development and function of cells of the immune system. ..
- Martinez N, Gregory R. Argonaute2 expression is post-transcriptionally coupled to microRNA abundance. RNA. 2013;19:605-12 pubmed publisher..Our results illuminate a novel feedback mechanism that post-transcriptionally couples Ago2 protein levels with small RNA abundance with implications for RNA-interference (RNAi) and miRNA function. ..
- Rankin S, Ayad N, Kirschner M. Sororin, a substrate of the anaphase-promoting complex, is required for sister chromatid cohesion in vertebrates. Mol Cell. 2005;18:185-200 pubmed..We speculate that the protein, which we have named sororin, regulates the ability of the cohesin complex to mediate sister chromatid cohesion, perhaps by altering the nature of the interaction of cohesin with the chromosomes. ..
- Bai J, Sepp K, Perrimon N. Culture of Drosophila primary cells dissociated from gastrula embryos and their use in RNAi screening. Nat Protoc. 2009;4:1502-12 pubmed publisher..The entire protocol takes approximately 14 d, whereas the preparation of primary cells from Drosophila embryos only requires 2-4 h...
- Perrimon N, Ni J, Perkins L. In vivo RNAi: today and tomorrow. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2010;2:a003640 pubmed publisher..Further, we discuss the applications of RNAi technologies to crop improvement, pest control and RNAi therapeutics, thus providing an appreciation of the potential for phenomenal applications of RNAi to agriculture and medicine. ..
- Michaelson J, Leder P. RNAi reveals anti-apoptotic and transcriptionally repressive activities of DAXX. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:345-52 pubmed..Thus, depletion of DAXX by RNAi has verified the crucial role of endogenous DAXX as an anti-apoptotic regulator, and has allowed the identification of probable physiological targets of DAXX transcriptional repression. ..
- Chen K, Albano A, Ho A, Keaney J. Activation of p53 by oxidative stress involves platelet-derived growth factor-beta receptor-mediated ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM) kinase activation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:39527-33 pubmed..Thus, these data link PDGF beta receptor transactivation to H2O2-induced p53 phosphorylation and suggest a functional role for growth factor receptors in modulation of p53 function. ..
- Hsieh A, Bo R, Manola J, Vazquez F, Bare O, Khvorova A, et al. A library of siRNA duplexes targeting the phosphoinositide 3-kinase pathway: determinants of gene silencing for use in cell-based screens. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:893-901 pubmed..These data help to lay the foundation for genome-wide siRNA screens in mammalian cells. ..
- Westbrook T, Martin E, Schlabach M, Leng Y, Liang A, Feng B, et al. A genetic screen for candidate tumor suppressors identifies REST. Cell. 2005;121:837-48 pubmed..These results implicate REST as a human tumor suppressor and provide a novel approach to identifying candidate genes that suppress the development of human cancer. ..
- Buhler M, Verdel A, Moazed D. Tethering RITS to a nascent transcript initiates RNAi- and heterochromatin-dependent gene silencing. Cell. 2006;125:873-86 pubmed..These findings support a model in which targeting of nascent transcripts by RITS mediates chromatin modifications and suggest that cotranscriptional processing events play a primary role in the silencing mechanism. ..
- Lee S, Lee R, Fraser A, Kamath R, Ahringer J, Ruvkun G. A systematic RNAi screen identifies a critical role for mitochondria in C. elegans longevity. Nat Genet. 2003;33:40-8 pubmed..These data suggest that the longer lifespan of C. elegans with compromised mitochrondria cannot simply be assigned to lower free radical production and suggest a more complex coupling of metabolism and longevity. ..
- Anjum R, Roux P, Ballif B, Gygi S, Blenis J. The tumor suppressor DAP kinase is a target of RSK-mediated survival signaling. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1762-7 pubmed..Our results suggest that RSK-mediated phosphorylation of DAPK is a unique mechanism for suppressing the proapoptotic function of this death kinase in healthy cells as well as Ras/Raf-transformed cells. ..
- Parry D, Xu J, Ruvkun G. A whole-genome RNAi Screen for C. elegans miRNA pathway genes. Curr Biol. 2007;17:2013-22 pubmed
- Simarro M, Gimenez Cassina A, Kedersha N, Lazaro J, Adelmant G, Marto J, et al. Fast kinase domain-containing protein 3 is a mitochondrial protein essential for cellular respiration. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;401:440-6 pubmed publisher..Our results introduce FASTKD3 as an essential component of mitochondrial respiration that may modulate energy balance in cells exposed to adverse conditions by functionally coupling mitochondrial protein synthesis to respiration...
- Oh R, Pan W, Yalcin A, Zhang H, Guilarte T, Hotamisligil G, et al. Functional RNA interference (RNAi) screen identifies system A neutral amino acid transporter 2 (SNAT2) as a mediator of arsenic-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:6025-34 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study demonstrates the utility of RNAi screens in elucidating cellular mechanisms of environmental toxins. ..
- Long J, Bagonis M, Lowery L, Lee H, Danuser G, Van Vactor D. Multiparametric analysis of CLASP-interacting protein functions during interphase microtubule dynamics. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1528-45 pubmed publisher..Using these data, we identify subnetworks of proteins with novel yet overlapping MT-regulatory roles and also uncover subtle distinctions between the functions of proteins previously thought to act via similar mechanisms...
- Yang X, Liu L, Sternberg D, Tang L, Galinsky I, DeAngelo D, et al. The FLT3 internal tandem duplication mutation prevents apoptosis in interleukin-3-deprived BaF3 cells due to protein kinase A and ribosomal S6 kinase 1-mediated BAD phosphorylation at serine 112. Cancer Res. 2005;65:7338-47 pubmed
- Chowdhury D, Novina C. RNAi and RNA-based regulation of immune system function. Adv Immunol. 2005;88:267-92 pubmed..On the other hand, RNA editing and RNAi have an inverse relationship and RNA editing has an important role in viral immunity. These observations indicate unique roles for dsRNAs in the mammalian immune system. ..
- Schneiderman J, Goldstein S, Ahmad K. Perturbation analysis of heterochromatin-mediated gene silencing and somatic inheritance. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001095 pubmed publisher..Our analysis reveals that active chromatin states can be efficiently inherited through cell divisions, with implications for the stable maintenance of gene expression patterns through development. ..
- Zaehres H, Lensch M, Daheron L, Stewart S, Itskovitz Eldor J, Daley G. High-efficiency RNA interference in human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells. 2005;23:299-305 pubmed..Gene knockdown of Oct4 and Nanog promotes differentiation, thereby demonstrating a role for these factors in human embryonic stem cell self-renewal. ..
- Kennedy S, Wang D, Ruvkun G. A conserved siRNA-degrading RNase negatively regulates RNA interference in C. elegans. Nature. 2004;427:645-9 pubmed..Thus, ERI-1 is a negative regulator that may normally function to limit the duration, cell-type specificity or endogenous functions of RNA interference. ..
- Dykxhoorn D, Lieberman J. Silencing viral infection. PLoS Med. 2006;3:e242 pubmed
- Zhang J, Scadden D, Crumpacker C. Primitive hematopoietic cells resist HIV-1 infection via p21. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:473-81 pubmed..Therefore, p21 is an endogenous cellular component in stem cells that provides a unique molecular barrier to HIV-1 infection and may explain how these cells remain an uninfected "sanctuary" in HIV disease. ..
- Yang C, Hayashida T, Forster N, Li C, Shen D, Maheswaran S, et al. The integrin alpha(v)beta(3-5) ligand MFG-E8 is a p63/p73 target gene in triple-negative breast cancers but exhibits suppressive functions in ER(+) and erbB2(+) breast cancers. Cancer Res. 2011;71:937-45 pubmed publisher..Its potential use as a serum biomarker that contributes to the pathogenesis of triple-negative breast cancers urges continued evaluation of its differential functions. ..
- Boulant S, Kural C, Zeeh J, Ubelmann F, Kirchhausen T. Actin dynamics counteract membrane tension during clathrin-mediated endocytosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:1124-31 pubmed publisher..We also find that light-chain-bound Hip1R mediates actin engagement. These data thus provide a unifying explanation for the role of actin dynamics in coated-pit budding. ..
- Armour S, Bennett E, Braun C, Zhang X, McMahon S, Gygi S, et al. A high-confidence interaction map identifies SIRT1 as a mediator of acetylation of USP22 and the SAGA coactivator complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1487-502 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate an important role of SIRT1-mediated deacetylation in regulating the formation of DUBm subcomplexes within the larger SAGA complex. ..
- Sieburth D, Ch ng Q, Dybbs M, Tavazoie M, Kennedy S, Wang D, et al. Systematic analysis of genes required for synapse structure and function. Nature. 2005;436:510-7 pubmed..Twenty-four genes encoded proteins that were localized to presynaptic specializations. Loss-of-function mutations in 12 genes caused defects in presynaptic structure...
- Ohn T, Kedersha N, Hickman T, Tisdale S, Anderson P. A functional RNAi screen links O-GlcNAc modification of ribosomal proteins to stress granule and processing body assembly. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1224-31 pubmed publisher..The lack of enzymes of the hexosamine biosynthetic pathway in budding yeast may contribute to differences between mammalian SGs and related yeast EGP (eIF4E, 4G and Pab1 containing) bodies...
- He C, Qu X, Wan J, Rong R, Huang L, Cai C, et al. Inhibiting delta-6 desaturase activity suppresses tumor growth in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47567 pubmed publisher..Angiogenesis and inflammatory status are also reduced. These results identify D6D as a key factor for tumor growth and as a potential target for cancer therapy and prevention. ..
- Sofer A, Lei K, Johannessen C, Ellisen L. Regulation of mTOR and cell growth in response to energy stress by REDD1. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:5834-45 pubmed..These results define REDD1 as a critical transducer of the cellular response to energy depletion through the TSC-mTOR pathway. ..
- Beyer K, Beauchamp R, Lee M, Gusella J, Naar A, Ramesh V. Mediator subunit MED28 (Magicin) is a repressor of smooth muscle cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:32152-7 pubmed
- Liu L, Pilch P. A critical role of cavin (polymerase I and transcript release factor) in caveolae formation and organization. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:4314-22 pubmed..We propose that the presence of cavin on the inside surface of caveolae stabilizes these structures, probably through interaction with the cytoskeleton, and cavin therefore plays an important role in caveolae formation and organization. ..
- Young Pearse T, Bai J, Chang R, Zheng J, LoTurco J, Selkoe D. A critical function for beta-amyloid precursor protein in neuronal migration revealed by in utero RNA interference. J Neurosci. 2007;27:14459-69 pubmed..We conclude that full-length APP functions as an important factor for proper migration of neuronal precursors into the cortical plate during the development of the mammalian brain. ..
- Westbrook T, Hu G, Ang X, Mulligan P, Pavlova N, Liang A, et al. SCFbeta-TRCP controls oncogenic transformation and neural differentiation through REST degradation. Nature. 2008;452:370-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, REST is a key target in beta-TRCP-driven transformation and the beta-TRCP-REST axis is a new regulatory pathway controlling neurogenesis. ..
- Puram S, Kim A, Ikeuchi Y, Wilson Grady J, Merdes A, Gygi S, et al. A CaMKII? signaling pathway at the centrosome regulates dendrite patterning in the brain. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:973-83 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a new, isoform-specific function for CaMKII? that regulates ubiquitin signaling at the centrosome and thereby orchestrates dendrite patterning, with important implications for neuronal connectivity in the brain. ..
- Bass A, Lawrence M, Brace L, Ramos A, Drier Y, Cibulskis K, et al. Genomic sequencing of colorectal adenocarcinomas identifies a recurrent VTI1A-TCF7L2 fusion. Nat Genet. 2011;43:964-968 pubmed publisher..This study shows previously unidentified levels of genomic rearrangements in colorectal carcinoma that can lead to essential gene fusions and other oncogenic events. ..
- Medici D, Olsen B. Rapamycin inhibits proliferation of hemangioma endothelial cells by reducing HIF-1-dependent expression of VEGF. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42913 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that mTOR and HIF-1 contribute to hemangioma endothelial cell proliferation by stimulating an autocrine loop of VEGF signaling. Furthermore, mTOR and HIF-1 may be therapeutic targets for the treatment of hemangiomas...
- Ortiz D, Moseley J, Calderon G, Swift A, Li S, Arias I. Identification of HAX-1 as a protein that binds bile salt export protein and regulates its abundance in the apical membrane of Madin-Darby canine kidney cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32761-70 pubmed..These findings suggest that HAX-1 and cortactin participate in BSEP internalization from the apical membrane...
- Ruiz Vela A, Opferman J, Cheng E, Korsmeyer S. Proapoptotic BAX and BAK control multiple initiator caspases. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:379-85 pubmed..Thus, BAX and BAK confer an essential gateway for the activation of caspases in the intrinsic apoptotic pathway. ..
- Liau S, Ashley S, Whang E. Lentivirus-mediated RNA interference of HMGA1 promotes chemosensitivity to gemcitabine in pancreatic adenocarcinoma. J Gastrointest Surg. 2006;10:1254-62; discussion 1263 pubmed..Lentivirus-mediated RNA interference of HMGA1 promoted chemosensitivity to gemcitabine in pancreatic adenocarcinoma. HMGA1 may represent a novel therapeutic target in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Scholl C, Bansal D, Dohner K, Eiwen K, Huntly B, Lee B, et al. The homeobox gene CDX2 is aberrantly expressed in most cases of acute myeloid leukemia and promotes leukemogenesis. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:1037-48 pubmed
- Ebralidze A, Guibal F, Steidl U, Zhang P, Lee S, Bartholdy B, et al. PU.1 expression is modulated by the balance of functional sense and antisense RNAs regulated by a shared cis-regulatory element. Genes Dev. 2008;22:2085-92 pubmed publisher..We propose that such antisense RNAs will likely be important in the regulation of many genes and may be the reason for the large number of overlapping complementary transcripts with so far unknown function. ..
- Liu T, Guevara O, Warburton R, Hill N, Gaestel M, Kayyali U. Modulation of HSP27 alters hypoxia-induced endothelial permeability and related signaling pathways. J Cell Physiol. 2009;220:600-10 pubmed publisher..Altering HSP27 phosphorylation, which tips the balance towards decreased permeability, might be targeted in managing endothelial barrier dysfunction. ..
- Davis D, Wilson M, Giraud J, Xie Z, Tseng H, England C, et al. Capzb2 interacts with beta-tubulin to regulate growth cone morphology and neurite outgrowth. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000208 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that Capzb2 plays an important role in growth cone formation and neurite outgrowth and that the underlying mechanism may involve direct interaction between Capzb2 and microtubules. ..