Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nonparametric statistics in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: nonparametric statistics
- Rocha F, Theman T, Matros E, Ledbetter S, Zinner M, Ferzoco S. Nonoperative management of patients with a diagnosis of high-grade small bowel obstruction by computed tomography. Arch Surg. 2009;144:1000-4 pubmed publisher..Patients with HGSBO by CT can be managed safely with nonoperative therapy; however, they have a significantly higher rate of recurrence requiring readmission or operation within 5 years. ..
- Lightdale J, Valim C, Newburg A, Mahoney L, Zgleszewski S, Fox V. Efficiency of propofol versus midazolam and fentanyl sedation at a pediatric teaching hospital: a prospective study. Gastrointest Endosc. 2008;67:1067-75 pubmed publisher..These results are not explained by controlling for patient characteristics, the presence of a trainee, the sedative doses, or endotracheal intubation for airway management. ..
- Healy B, Ali E, Guttmann C, Chitnis T, Glanz B, Buckle G, et al. Smoking and disease progression in multiple sclerosis. Arch Neurol. 2009;66:858-64 pubmed publisher..02), and brain parenchymal fraction decreased faster (P = .02). Our data suggest that cigarette smoke has an adverse influence on the progression of MS and accelerates conversion from a relapsing-remitting to a progressive course. ..
- Henrich T, Ribaudo H, Kuritzkes D. Instantaneous inhibitory potential is similar to inhibitory quotient at predicting HIV-1 response to antiretroviral therapy. Clin Infect Dis. 2010;51:93-8 pubmed publisher..IIP was not substantially better than log10(IQ) in describing the modest relationship between antiviral activity, pharmacokinetics, and virologic outcomes for antiretroviral drugs. ..
- Wechsler M, Grasemann H, Deykin A, Silverman E, Yandava C, Israel E, et al. Exhaled nitric oxide in patients with asthma: association with NOS1 genotype. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2000;162:2043-7 pubmed
- Wee C, Phillips R, Aurigemma G, Erban S, Kriegel G, Riley M, et al. Risk for valvular heart disease among users of fenfluramine and dexfenfluramine who underwent echocardiography before use of medication. Ann Intern Med. 1998;129:870-4 pubmed..Because uncontrolled echocardiographic surveys suggested that up to 30% to 38% of users of fenfluramine and dexfenfluramine had valvular disease, these drugs were withdrawn from the market...
- Haffajee A, Socransky S, Taubman M, Sioson J, Smith D. Patterns of antibody response in subjects with periodontitis. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 1995;10:129-37 pubmed..forsythus, A. actinomycetemcomitans serotype b, Prevotella intermedia or Porphyromonas gingivalis.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Rojas N, Sherrit L, Harris S, Knight J. The role of parental consent in adolescent substance use research. J Adolesc Health. 2008;42:192-7 pubmed publisher..47 (CI 1.03, 2.10) for Study 1 compared with Study 2. The research requirement of parental consent may result in substantial self-selection bias towards a lower risk sample. ..
- Landa J, Rich A, Finkelman M. Confirming nasal airway dimensions observed on panoramic and posterior-anterior cephalometric radiographs using an acoustic rhinometer. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2010;11:115-21 pubmed..01 level (2-tailed test). A very strong correlation was found between the anterior nasal cross-sectional area calculated from the radiographs, and the anterior nasal cross-sectional area and nasal volume from the rhinometer. ..
- Martel K, Baum M. Adult testosterone treatment but not surgical disruption of vomeronasal function augments male-typical sexual behavior in female mice. J Neurosci. 2009;29:7658-66 pubmed publisher..However, we failed to corroborate the recent claim that VNO signaling normally inhibits the activity of neural circuitry controlling the expression of male-typical mating behavior by female mice. ..
- Lockman S, Hughes M, Mcintyre J, Zheng Y, Chipato T, Conradie F, et al. Antiretroviral therapies in women after single-dose nevirapine exposure. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:1499-509 pubmed publisher..Funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the National Research Center; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00089505.). ..
- Tanner A, Maiden M, Macuch P, Murray L, Kent R. Microbiota of health, gingivitis, and initial periodontitis. J Clin Periodontol. 1998;25:85-98 pubmed..The differences in location and microbiota of interproximal and buccal active sites suggested that different mechanisms may be involved in increased attachment loss. ..
- Genc M, Witkin S, Delaney M, Paraskevas L, Tuomala R, Norwitz E, et al. A disproportionate increase in IL-1beta over IL-1ra in the cervicovaginal secretions of pregnant women with altered vaginal microflora correlates with preterm birth. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004;190:1191-7 pubmed..A disproportionate increase in IL-1beta over IL-1ra in response to vaginal colonization with anaerobic Gram-negative rods and/or G. vaginalis at 18 to 22 weeks' gestation is associated with spontaneous preterm delivery. ..
- Waisbren S, Azen C. Cognitive and behavioral development in maternal phenylketonuria offspring. Pediatrics. 2003;112:1544-7 pubmed..To assess cognitive and behavioral outcome in treated maternal phenylketonuria (PKU) offspring...
- Cairns B, Svensson P, Wang K, Hupfeld S, Graven Nielsen T, Sessle B, et al. Activation of peripheral NMDA receptors contributes to human pain and rat afferent discharges evoked by injection of glutamate into the masseter muscle. J Neurophysiol. 2003;90:2098-105 pubmed..It is conceivable that activation of peripheral NMDA receptors may contribute to masticatory muscle pain and that peripherally acting NMDA receptor antagonists could prove to be effective analgesics for this type of pain. ..
- Tanner A, Kent R, Maiden M, Macuch P, Taubman M. Serum IgG reactivity to subgingival bacteria in initial periodontitis, gingivitis and healthy subjects. J Clin Periodontol. 2000;27:473-80 pubmed..This study did not detect differential elevation of mean serum antibody levels in initial periodontitis subjects, suggesting that serum antibody levels are not sensitive risk markers for initial periodontitis. ..
- Betensky R, Finkelstein D. A non-parametric maximum likelihood estimator for bivariate interval censored data. Stat Med. 1999;18:3089-100 pubmed..Our approach extends those taken for univariate interval censored data. We illustrate the estimator with bivariate data from an AIDS study. ..
- Sagar M, Laeyendecker O, Lee S, Gamiel J, Wawer M, Gray R, et al. Selection of HIV variants with signature genotypic characteristics during heterosexual transmission. J Infect Dis. 2009;199:580-9 pubmed publisher..A minority subset of HIV-1 variants with signature genotypes is favored for transmission in this population. ..
- Devaiah A, Andreoli M. Treatment of esthesioneuroblastoma: a 16-year meta-analysis of 361 patients. Laryngoscope. 2009;119:1412-6 pubmed publisher..This study reviews the published outcomes related to surgical (open, endoscopic, and endoscopic-assisted) and nonsurgical treatment for esthesioneuroblastoma...
- McManus M, Long M, Cooper A, Litvak E. Queuing theory accurately models the need for critical care resources. Anesthesiology. 2004;100:1271-6 pubmed..Although the nature of arrivals for intensive care deserves further study, when demand is random, queuing theory provides an accurate means of determining the appropriate supply of beds. ..
- Court M, Hao Q, Krishnaswamy S, Bekaii Saab T, Al Rohaimi A, von Moltke L, et al. UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 2B15 pharmacogenetics: UGT2B15 D85Y genotype and gender are major determinants of oxazepam glucuronidation by human liver. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2004;310:656-65 pubmed..05). In conclusion, gender and D85Y genotype are identified as major determinants of S-oxazepam glucuronidation by human liver and may explain in part polymorphic oxazepam glucuronidation by human subjects. ..
- Chen M, LeDuc B, Kerr S, Howe D, Williams D. Identification of human UGT2B7 as the major isoform involved in the O-glucuronidation of chloramphenicol. Drug Metab Dispos. 2010;38:368-75 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that UGT2B7 is the primary human hepatic UDP-glucuronosyltransferase isoform catalyzing 3-O- and 1-O-CP glucuronidation with minor contributions from UGT1A6 and UGT1A9. ..
- Zhao Y, Navia B, Marra C, Singer E, Chang L, Berger J, et al. Memantine for AIDS dementia complex: open-label report of ACTG 301. HIV Clin Trials. 2010;11:59-67 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the long-term safety and efficacy of memantine use as treatment of HIV-associated cognitive impairment...
- Papathanasiou A, Kastali S, Perry R, Kugel G. Clinical evaluation of a 35% hydrogen peroxide in-office whitening system. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2002;23:335-8, 340, 343-4 passim; quiz 348 pubmed..05). This study indicates that light-curing is optional with this 35% tooth whitening system. ..
- Gao B, Clermont A, Rook S, Fonda S, Srinivasan V, Wojtkowski M, et al. Extracellular carbonic anhydrase mediates hemorrhagic retinal and cerebral vascular permeability through prekallikrein activation. Nat Med. 2007;13:181-8 pubmed..Inhibition of extracellular CA-I and kallikrein-mediated innate inflammation could provide new therapeutic opportunities for the treatment of hemorrhage-induced retinal and cerebral edema. ..