Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Publications1427 found, 100 shown here
- Klein C, Bueler H, Mulligan R. Comparative analysis of genetically modified dendritic cells and tumor cells as therapeutic cancer vaccines. J Exp Med. 2000;191:1699-708 pubmed..Our results suggest that clinical studies involving the vaccination with genetically modified DCs may be warranted. ..
- Pabst T, Mueller B, Harakawa N, Schoch C, Haferlach T, Behre G, et al. AML1-ETO downregulates the granulocytic differentiation factor C/EBPalpha in t(8;21) myeloid leukemia. Nat Med. 2001;7:444-51 pubmed..Conditional expression of C/EBPalpha in AML1-ETO-positive Kasumi-1 cells results in neutrophilic differentiation. We suggest that restoring C/EBPalpha expression will have therapeutic implications in RUNX1-CBF2T1-positive leukemias. ..
- Goepfert C, Sundberg C, Sevigny J, Enjyoji K, Hoshi T, Csizmadia E, et al. Disordered cellular migration and angiogenesis in cd39-null mice. Circulation. 2001;104:3109-15 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate a role for NTPDase1 and phosphohydrolysis of extracellular nucleotides in the regulation of the cellular infiltration and new vessel growth in a model of angiogenesis. ..
- Kim D, Lassar A. Smad-dependent recruitment of a histone deacetylase/Sin3A complex modulates the bone morphogenetic protein-dependent transcriptional repressor activity of Nkx3.2. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:8704-17 pubmed
- Duxbury M, Ito H, Zinner M, Ashley S, Whang E. Focal adhesion kinase gene silencing promotes anoikis and suppresses metastasis of human pancreatic adenocarcinoma cells. Surgery. 2004;135:555-62 pubmed..Suppression of FAK expression also inhibited metastasis in the nude mouse model. FAK gene silencing suppresses anoikis resistance in pancreatic adenocarcinoma cells. FAK represents a potential target for novel antimetastatic therapies. ..
- Steidl U, Steidl C, Ebralidze A, Chapuy B, Han H, Will B, et al. A distal single nucleotide polymorphism alters long-range regulation of the PU.1 gene in acute myeloid leukemia. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2611-20 pubmed..Thus we have identified a SNP within a distal enhancer that is associated with a subtype of leukemia and exerts a deleterious effect through remote transcriptional dysregulation in specific progenitor subtypes. ..
- Palazzo A, Springer M, Shibata Y, Lee C, Dias A, Rapoport T. The signal sequence coding region promotes nuclear export of mRNA. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e322 pubmed..The discovery of an SSCR-mediated pathway explains the previously noted amino acid bias in signal sequences and suggests a link between nuclear export and membrane targeting of mRNAs. ..
- Divangahi M, Chen M, Gan H, Desjardins D, Hickman T, Lee D, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis evades macrophage defenses by inhibiting plasma membrane repair. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:899-906 pubmed publisher..By inducing production of lipoxin A(4) (LXA(4)), which blocks PGE(2) biosynthesis, virulent Mtb prevented membrane repair and induced necrosis. Thus, virulent Mtb impairs macrophage plasma membrane repair to evade host defenses. ..
- Perez A, Bachrach E, Illigens B, Jun S, Bagden E, Steffen L, et al. CXCR4 enhances engraftment of muscle progenitor cells. Muscle Nerve. 2009;40:562-72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this enhanced extravasation likely promotes higher donor cell engraftment rates over time. ..
- Passer B, Cheema T, Zhou B, Wakimoto H, Zaupa C, Razmjoo M, et al. Identification of the ENT1 antagonists dipyridamole and dilazep as amplifiers of oncolytic herpes simplex virus-1 replication. Cancer Res. 2010;70:3890-5 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ENT1 antagonists augment oHSV replication in tumor cells by increasing cellular ribonucleoside activity. ..
- Liao J, Al Shahrani M, Al Habib M, Tanaka T, Huang G. Cells isolated from inflamed periapical tissue express mesenchymal stem cell markers and are highly osteogenic. J Endod. 2011;37:1217-24 pubmed publisher..The objectives of this study were to detect the expression of MSC markers in periapical inflammatory tissues and to characterize isolated cells from these tissues...
- van Opijnen T, Camilli A. A fine scale phenotype-genotype virulence map of a bacterial pathogen. Genome Res. 2012;22:2541-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have generated a resource that provides detailed insight into the biology and virulence of S. pneumoniae and provided a road map for similar discovery in other microorganisms. ..
- Ghatak S, Markwald R, Hascall V, Dowling W, Lottes R, Baatz J, et al. Transforming growth factor ?1 (TGF?1) regulates CD44V6 expression and activity through extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)-induced EGR1 in pulmonary fibrogenic fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10465-10489 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a novel positive-feedback loop that links the myofibroblast phenotype to TGF?1-stimulated CD44V6/ERK/EGR1 signaling. ..
- Sun X, Pons S, Asano T, Myers M, Glasheen E, White M. The Fyn tyrosine kinase binds Irs-1 and forms a distinct signaling complex during insulin stimulation. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:10583-7 pubmed..By comparison with the insulin receptor, p59fyn kinase phosphorylated a unique cohort of tyrosine residues in Irs-1. These results outline a role for p59fyn or other related Src-kinases during insulin and cytokine signaling. ..
- Kimura A, Singh D, Wawrousek E, Kikuchi M, Nakamura M, Shinohara T. Both PCE-1/RX and OTX/CRX interactions are necessary for photoreceptor-specific gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1152-60 pubmed..Thus, photoreceptor specificity can be achieved by multiple promoter elements interacting with a combination of both photoreceptor-specific regulatory factors and factors present in closely related cell lineages. ..
- Iakoubova O, Dushkin H, Pacella L, Beier D. Genetic analysis of modifying loci on mouse chromosome 1 that affect disease severity in a model of recessive PKD. Physiol Genomics. 1999;1:101-5 pubmed..This hypothesis is supported by the demonstration that severe PKD occurs in mice carrying a large congenic interval...
- Tamai K, Semenov M, Kato Y, Spokony R, Liu C, Katsuyama Y, et al. LDL-receptor-related proteins in Wnt signal transduction. Nature. 2000;407:530-5 pubmed..The extracellular domain of LRP6 bound Wnt-1 and associated with Fz in a Wnt-dependent manner. Our results indicate that LRP6 may be a component of the Wnt receptor complex. ..
- Gilmore T, Cormier C, Jean Jacques J, Gapuzan M. Malignant transformation of primary chicken spleen cells by human transcription factor c-Rel. Oncogene. 2001;20:7098-103 pubmed..These results are the first demonstration of a lymphoid cell malignant transforming ability for mammalian Rel/NF-kappaB transcription factors, and implicate c-Rel as a molecular target for cancer therapeutics. ..
- Brown E. The pathophysiology of primary hyperparathyroidism. J Bone Miner Res. 2002;17 Suppl 2:N24-9 pubmed..Thus, PTH-dependent hypercalcemia can occur in the setting of either inherited, generalized resistance to Ca(o)2+ (i.e., FHH and NSHPT) or acquired tissue selective resistance of pathological parathyroid glands to Ca(o)2+ (e.g., PHPT). ..
- Chang S, Khoo C, Naylor M, Maser R, Depinho R. Telomere-based crisis: functional differences between telomerase activation and ALT in tumor progression. Genes Dev. 2003;17:88-100 pubmed
- Grabie N, Delfs M, Westrich J, Love V, Stavrakis G, Ahmad F, et al. IL-12 is required for differentiation of pathogenic CD8+ T cell effectors that cause myocarditis. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:671-80 pubmed..These data demonstrate the importance of IL-12 in the differentiation of pathogenic CD8(+) T cells that can cause myocarditis. ..
- Ashour J, Hondalus M. Phenotypic mutants of the intracellular actinomycete Rhodococcus equi created by in vivo Himar1 transposon mutagenesis. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:2644-52 pubmed..The mutagenesis methodology we have developed will allow the characterization of R. equi virulence mechanisms and the creation of other attenuated strains with vaccine potential...
- Kang J, Wang J, Wu L, Kang Z. Transgenic mice: fat-1 mice convert n-6 to n-3 fatty acids. Nature. 2004;427:504 pubmed..As well as presenting an opportunity to investigate the roles played by n-3 fatty acids in the body, our discovery indicates that this technology might be adapted to enrich n-3 fatty acids in animal products such as meat, milk and eggs. ..
- Takemura Y, Ouchi N, Shibata R, Aprahamian T, Kirber M, Summer R, et al. Adiponectin modulates inflammatory reactions via calreticulin receptor-dependent clearance of early apoptotic bodies. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:375-86 pubmed..We propose that adiponectin protects the organism from systemic inflammation by promoting the clearance of early apoptotic cells by macrophages through a receptor-dependent pathway involving calreticulin. ..
- Shah K, Hingtgen S, Kasmieh R, Figueiredo J, Garcia Garcia E, Martinez Serrano A, et al. Bimodal viral vectors and in vivo imaging reveal the fate of human neural stem cells in experimental glioma model. J Neurosci. 2008;28:4406-13 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate the utility of bimodal viral vectors and real-time imaging in evaluating fate of NSCs in diseased models and thus provide a platform for accelerating cell-based therapies for CNS disorders. ..
- Vitali S, Mitsialis S, Liang O, Liu X, Fernandez Gonzalez A, Christou H, et al. Divergent cardiopulmonary actions of heme oxygenase enzymatic products in chronic hypoxia. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5978 pubmed publisher..Moreover, reducing pulmonary vascular resistance may not prevent RV injury in hypoxia-induced PAH; supporting RV adaptation to hypoxia and preventing RV failure must be a therapeutic goal. ..
- Chen J, Crispin J, Dalle Lucca J, Tsokos G. A novel inhibitor of the alternative pathway of complement attenuates intestinal ischemia/reperfusion-induced injury. J Surg Res. 2011;167:e131-6 pubmed publisher..Our results show that CRIg-Fc represents a candidate to limit IR injury as it occurs in various clinical conditions. ..
- Osuchowski M, Craciun F, Schuller E, Sima C, Gyurko R, Remick D. Untreated type 1 diabetes increases sepsis-induced mortality without inducing a prelethal cytokine response. Shock. 2010;34:369-76 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that untreated type I diabetes mellitus severely exacerbates sepsis mortality without inducing a prelethal release of systemic proinflammatory or anti-inflammatory cytokines. ..
- Roper J, Richardson M, Wang W, Richard L, Chen W, Coffee E, et al. The dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor NVP-BEZ235 induces tumor regression in a genetically engineered mouse model of PIK3CA wild-type colorectal cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25132 pubmed publisher..013). These studies provide the preclinical rationale for studies examining the efficacy of the dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor NVP-BEZ235 in treatment of PIK3CA wild-type CRC. ..
- Kopeikina K, Polydoro M, Tai H, Yaeger E, Carlson G, Pitstick R, et al. Synaptic alterations in the rTg4510 mouse model of tauopathy. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:1334-53 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show morphological and biochemical synaptic consequences in response to tau overexpression in the rTg4510 mouse model...
- Knoechel B, Roderick J, Williamson K, Zhu J, Lohr J, Cotton M, et al. An epigenetic mechanism of resistance to targeted therapy in T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Nat Genet. 2014;46:364-70 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a role for epigenetic heterogeneity in leukemia resistance that may be addressed by incorporating epigenetic modulators in combination therapy. ..
- Larimer B, Wehrenberg Klee E, Dubois F, Mehta A, Kalomeris T, Flaherty K, et al. Granzyme B PET Imaging as a Predictive Biomarker of Immunotherapy Response. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2318-2327 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest granzyme B PET imaging can serve as a quantitatively useful predictive biomarker for efficacious responses to cancer immunotherapy. Cancer Res; 77(9); 2318-27. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Tokarz D, Cisek R, Wein M, Turcotte R, Haase C, Yeh S, et al. Intravital imaging of osteocytes in mouse calvaria using third harmonic generation microscopy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186846 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that THG microscopy imaging of the LCN in live mice enables quantitative analysis of osteocytes in animal models without the use of dyes or physical sectioning. ..
- Tsujikawa M, Malicki J. Intraflagellar transport genes are essential for differentiation and survival of vertebrate sensory neurons. Neuron. 2004;42:703-16 pubmed..These studies reveal an essential role for IFT genes in vertebrate sensory neurons and implicate the molecular components of intraflagellar transport in degenerative disorders of these cells. ..
- Thom R, Rowe G, Jang C, Safdar A, Arany Z. Hypoxic induction of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and angiogenesis in muscle by truncated peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? coactivator (PGC)-1?. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:8810-7 pubmed publisher..NT-PGC-1? and/or PGC-1?4 thus confer angiogenic specificity to the PGC-1?-mediated hypoxic response in skeletal muscle cells. ..
- Vernia S, Morel C, Madara J, Cavanagh Kyros J, Barrett T, Chase K, et al. Excitatory transmission onto AgRP neurons is regulated by cJun NH2-terminal kinase 3 in response to metabolic stress. elife. 2016;5:e10031 pubmed publisher..JNK3 therefore provides a mechanism that contributes to homeostatic regulation of energy balance in response to metabolic stress. ..
- Jansen V, Bhola N, Bauer J, Formisano L, Lee K, Hutchinson K, et al. Kinome-Wide RNA Interference Screen Reveals a Role for PDK1 in Acquired Resistance to CDK4/6 Inhibition in ER-Positive Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2488-2499 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results highlight a role for the PI3K-PDK1 signaling pathway in mediating acquired resistance to CDK4/6 inhibitors. Cancer Res; 77(9); 2488-99. ©2017 AACR. ..
- St Clair W, Billings P, Carew J, Keller McGandy C, Newberne P, Kennedy A. Suppression of dimethylhydrazine-induced carcinogenesis in mice by dietary addition of the Bowman-Birk protease inhibitor. Cancer Res. 1990;50:580-6 pubmed..The results of this study also indicate that BBI, included as 0.5% of the diet or less, has the ability to suppress carcinogenesis with no observed adverse effects on the health of the mice. ..
- Nishio Y, Warren C, Buczek Thomas J, Rulfs J, Koya D, Aiello L, et al. Identification and characterization of a gene regulating enzymatic glycosylation which is induced by diabetes and hyperglycemia specifically in rat cardiac tissue. J Clin Invest. 1995;96:1759-67 pubmed..The induction of this enzyme may be responsible for the increase in the deposition of glycoconjugates and the abnormal functions found in the hearts of diabetic rats. ..
- Behre G, Whitmarsh A, Coghlan M, Hoang T, Carpenter C, Zhang D, et al. c-Jun is a JNK-independent coactivator of the PU.1 transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:4939-46 pubmed..We propose therefore that c-Jun acts as a c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase-independent coactivator of PU.1, resulting in M-CSF receptor expression and development of the monocytic lineage. ..
- Ma Q, Shimaoka M, Lu C, Jing H, Carman C, Springer T. Activation-induced conformational changes in the I domain region of lymphocyte function-associated antigen 1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:10638-41 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that these two regions undergo significant conformational changes during LFA-1 activation and that the I domain of activated LFA-1 adopts a similar tertiary structure as the predicted locked open form. ..
- Jiang H, Petrovas C, Sonenshein G. RelB-p50 NF-kappa B complexes are selectively induced by cytomegalovirus immediate-early protein 1: differential regulation of Bcl-x(L) promoter activity by NF-kappa B family members. J Virol. 2002;76:5737-47 pubmed..Furthermore, our results implicate RelB in CMV infection of cells such as vascular SMCs. ..
- Kushner J, Haj F, Klaman L, Dow M, Kahn B, Neel B, et al. Islet-sparing effects of protein tyrosine phosphatase-1b deficiency delays onset of diabetes in IRS2 knockout mice. Diabetes. 2004;53:61-6 pubmed..Our studies demonstrate a novel role for Ptp1b in regulating beta-cell homeostasis and indicate that Ptp1b deficiency can partially compensate for lack of Irs2. ..
- Chen W, Mahadomrongkul V, Berger U, Bassan M, DeSilva T, Tanaka K, et al. The glutamate transporter GLT1a is expressed in excitatory axon terminals of mature hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2004;24:1136-48 pubmed..Thus, the originally cloned form of GLT1, GLT1a, is expressed as protein in neurons in the mature hippocampus and may contribute significantly to glutamate uptake into excitatory terminals. ..
- Bergmeier W, Rabie T, Strehl A, Piffath C, Prostredna M, Wagner D, et al. GPVI down-regulation in murine platelets through metalloproteinase-dependent shedding. Thromb Haemost. 2004;91:951-8 pubmed
- Magavi S, Mitchell B, Szentirmai O, Carter B, Macklis J. Adult-born and preexisting olfactory granule neurons undergo distinct experience-dependent modifications of their olfactory responses in vivo. J Neurosci. 2005;25:10729-39 pubmed
- Baur J, Pearson K, Price N, Jamieson H, Lerin C, Kalra A, et al. Resveratrol improves health and survival of mice on a high-calorie diet. Nature. 2006;444:337-42 pubmed..These data show that improving general health in mammals using small molecules is an attainable goal, and point to new approaches for treating obesity-related disorders and diseases of ageing. ..
- Chakrabarti P, Anno T, Manning B, Luo Z, Kandror K. The mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 regulates leptin biosynthesis in adipocytes at the level of translation: the role of the 5'-untranslated region in the expression of leptin messenger ribonucleic acid. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:2260-7 pubmed publisher..It appears, therefore, that mTORC1 controls translation of leptin mRNA via a novel mechanism that does not require the presence of either the 5'-terminal oligopyrimidine tract or the 5'-UTR. ..
- Takakura A, Contrino L, Beck A, Zhou J. Pkd1 inactivation induced in adulthood produces focal cystic disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008;19:2351-63 pubmed publisher..We propose that an additional genetic or nongenetic "third hit" may be required for rapid development of cysts in polycystic kidney disease. ..
- Sui J, Hwang W, Perez S, Wei G, Aird D, Chen L, et al. Structural and functional bases for broad-spectrum neutralization of avian and human influenza A viruses. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:265-73 pubmed publisher..Our data further suggest that this region is recalcitrant to neutralization escape and that nAb-based immunotherapy is a promising strategy for broad-spectrum protection against seasonal and pandemic influenza viruses. ..
- McCoy M, Marre M, Lesser C, Mecsas J. The C-terminal tail of Yersinia pseudotuberculosis YopM is critical for interacting with RSK1 and for virulence. Infect Immun. 2010;78:2584-98 pubmed publisher..Decreases in NK cells after Y. pseudotuberculosis infection did not correlate with YopM expression. In conclusion, the C terminus of YopM is essential for RSK1 interactions and for virulence. ..
- Powell W, Barry K, Tulum I, Kobayashi T, Harris S, Bringhurst F, et al. Targeted ablation of the PTH/PTHrP receptor in osteocytes impairs bone structure and homeostatic calcemic responses. J Endocrinol. 2011;209:21-32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, PTH was unable to suppress Sost and sclerostin expression in the Ocy-PPR(cKO) animals, suggesting an important role of PTH signaling in osteocytes for proper bone remodeling and calcium homeostasis. ..
- Villablanca E, Wang S, De Calisto J, Gomes D, KANE M, Napoli J, et al. MyD88 and retinoic acid signaling pathways interact to modulate gastrointestinal activities of dendritic cells. Gastroenterology. 2011;141:176-85 pubmed publisher..Our findings also indicate crosstalk between the RA receptor and MyD88-dependent Toll-like receptor signaling pathways. ..
- Musson M, Jepeal L, Finnerty J, Wolfe M. Evolutionary expression of glucose-dependent-insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP). Regul Pept. 2011;171:26-34 pubmed publisher..These observations are consistent with the hypothesis that GIP and insulin influence survival advantage by enhancing the efficiency of nutrient absorption and energy storage. ..
- Petersen B, Austen K, Bloch K, Hotta Y, Ichinose F, Kanaoka Y, et al. Cysteinyl leukotrienes impair hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction in endotoxemic mice. Anesthesiology. 2011;115:804-11 pubmed publisher..Cysteinyl leukotrienes importantly contribute to endotoxin-induced impairment of HPV in part via a cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1-dependent mechanism. ..
- Chiang N, Fredman G, Backhed F, Oh S, Vickery T, Schmidt B, et al. Infection regulates pro-resolving mediators that lower antibiotic requirements. Nature. 2012;484:524-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that specific SPMs are temporally and differentially regulated during infections and that they are anti-phlogistic, enhance containment and lower antibiotic requirements for bacterial clearance. ..
- Basset A, Zhang F, Benes C, Sayeed S, Herd M, Thompson C, et al. Toll-like receptor (TLR) 2 mediates inflammatory responses to oligomerized RrgA pneumococcal pilus type 1 protein. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:2665-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that the type 1 pneumococcal pilus can activate cells via TLR2, and the ancillary pilus subunit RrgA is a key component of this activation. ..
- de Haart S, van de Donk N, Minnema M, Huang J, Aarts Riemens T, Bovenschen N, et al. Accessory cells of the microenvironment protect multiple myeloma from T-cell cytotoxicity through cell adhesion-mediated immune resistance. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:5591-601 pubmed publisher..These results reveal the cell adhesion-mediated induction of apoptosis resistance as a novel immune escape mechanism and provide a rationale to improve the efficacy of cellular therapies by pharmacologic modulation of CAM-IR. ..
- Kim B, Breton S. The MAPK/ERK-Signaling Pathway Regulates the Expression and Distribution of Tight Junction Proteins in the Mouse Proximal Epididymis. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:22 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate the participation of the MAPK/ERK1/2 pathway in the regulation of cell-cell events that control the formation and maintenance of the blood-epididymis barrier. ..
- Powers J, Tsanov K, Pearson D, Roels F, Spina C, EBRIGHT R, et al. Multiple mechanisms disrupt the let-7 microRNA family in neuroblastoma. Nature. 2016;535:246-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that let-7 disruption by LIN28B, MYCN sponging, or genetic loss is a unifying mechanism of neuroblastoma development with broad implications for cancer pathogenesis. ..
- Chin L, Tam A, Pomerantz J, Wong M, Holash J, Bardeesy N, et al. Essential role for oncogenic Ras in tumour maintenance. Nature. 1999;400:468-72 pubmed..Our results provide genetic evidence that H-RasV12G is important in both the genesis and maintenance of solid tumours. ..
- Avraham S, Austen K, Nicodemus C, Gartner M, Stevens R. Cloning and characterization of the mouse gene that encodes the peptide core of secretory granule proteoglycans and expression of this gene in transfected rat-1 fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:16719-26 pubmed..The gene that encodes the peptide core of mouse secretory granule proteoglycans is the first proteoglycan gene to have its complete exon/intron organization determined and to be transfected and expressed in another cell type. ..
- Donovan M, Hahn R, Tessarollo L, Hempstead B. Identification of an essential nonneuronal function of neurotrophin 3 in mammalian cardiac development. Nat Genet. 1996;14:210-3 pubmed
- Marks P, Arai M, Bandura J, Kwiatkowski D. Advillin (p92): a new member of the gelsolin/villin family of actin regulatory proteins. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 15):2129-36 pubmed..5 in cerebral cortex. We propose that p92 (advillin) has unique functions in the morphogenesis of neuronal cells which form ganglia, and that it may compensate to explain the near normal phenotype observed in villin-deficient mice. ..
- Coxon A, Tang T, Mayadas T. Cytokine-activated endothelial cells delay neutrophil apoptosis in vitro and in vivo. A role for granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor. J Exp Med. 1999;190:923-34 pubmed..GM-CSF released by activated endothelium can act to increase neutrophil survival and function in the peripheral blood, whereas other factor(s) appear to perform this function in the extravascular space. ..
- Aguirre V, Uchida T, Yenush L, Davis R, White M. The c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase promotes insulin resistance during association with insulin receptor substrate-1 and phosphorylation of Ser(307). J Biol Chem. 2000;275:9047-54 pubmed..These results suggest that phosphorylation of serine 307 might mediate, at least partially, the inhibitory effect of proinflammatory cytokines like TNFalpha on IRS-1 function. ..
- Wu L, Aster J, Blacklow S, Lake R, Artavanis Tsakonas S, Griffin J. MAML1, a human homologue of Drosophila mastermind, is a transcriptional co-activator for NOTCH receptors. Nat Genet. 2000;26:484-9 pubmed..These studies provide a molecular mechanism to explain the genetic links between mastermind and Notch in Drosophila and indicate that MAML1 functions as a transcriptional co-activator for NOTCH signalling. ..
- Verhey K, Meyer D, Deehan R, Blenis J, Schnapp B, Rapoport T, et al. Cargo of kinesin identified as JIP scaffolding proteins and associated signaling molecules. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:959-70 pubmed
- Rudolph K, Millard M, Bosenberg M, DePinho R. Telomere dysfunction and evolution of intestinal carcinoma in mice and humans. Nat Genet. 2001;28:155-9 pubmed..We propose that early and transient telomere dysfunction is a major mechanism underlying chromosomal instability of human cancer. ..
- Zhang X, Heaney S, Maas R. Cre-loxp fate-mapping of Pax6 enhancer active retinal and pancreatic progenitors. Genesis. 2003;35:22-30 pubmed..The progenitor cell-specificity of this enhancer will be useful in studies that require either cell-specific expression or conditional gene inactivation in these cell populations. ..
- Shen L, Guo J, Santos Berrios C, Wu M. Distinct domains for anti- and pro-apoptotic activities of IEX-1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15304-11 pubmed..These findings suggest a critical role of IEX-1 in regulation of intracellular ROS homeostasis, providing new insight into the mechanism underlying IEX-1-mediated cell survival. ..
- Laz E, Holloway M, Chen C, Waxman D. Characterization of three growth hormone-responsive transcription factors preferentially expressed in adult female liver. Endocrinology. 2007;148:3327-37 pubmed..Binding sites for Cutl1, whose DNA-binding specificity is close to that of Cutl2, were statistically overrepresented in STAT5b-dependent male-specific mouse genes, lending support to this hypothesis. ..
- Townsend M, Mehta T, Selkoe D. Soluble Abeta inhibits specific signal transduction cascades common to the insulin receptor pathway. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33305-12 pubmed
- Volpato G, Searles R, Yu B, Scherrer Crosbie M, Bloch K, Ichinose F, et al. Inhaled hydrogen sulfide: a rapidly reversible inhibitor of cardiac and metabolic function in the mouse. Anesthesiology. 2008;108:659-68 pubmed publisher..Breathing H2S also induces a rapidly reversible reduction of metabolic rate at either body temperature. ..
- Chen C, Blumberg J. In vitro activity of almond skin polyphenols for scavenging free radicals and inducing quinone reductase. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:4427-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, in vitro, ASP act as antioxidants and induce QR activity, but these actions are dependent upon their dose, method of extraction, and interaction with antioxidant vitamins. ..
- Qiu J, Takagi Y, Harada J, Topalkara K, Wang Y, Sims J, et al. p27Kip1 constrains proliferation of neural progenitor cells in adult brain under homeostatic and ischemic conditions. Stem Cells. 2009;27:920-7 pubmed publisher..These new data demonstrate that p27 functions as a distinct inhibitor for NPC proliferation under homeostatic as well as ischemic conditions. ..
- Yuan Q, Sato T, Densmore M, Saito H, Schüler C, Erben R, et al. Deletion of PTH rescues skeletal abnormalities and high osteopontin levels in Klotho-/- mice. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002726 pubmed publisher..These are significant new perceptions into the role of PTH in skeletal and disease processes and suggest FGF23-independent interactions of PTH with Klotho. ..
- Almog N, Ma L, Schwager C, Brinkmann B, Beheshti A, Vajkoczy P, et al. Consensus micro RNAs governing the switch of dormant tumors to the fast-growing angiogenic phenotype. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44001 pubmed publisher..This work suggests novel means to reverse the malignant tumor phenotype into an asymptomatic dormant state and may provide promising targets for early detection or prevention of cancer. ..
- Xuan W, Vatansever F, Huang L, Wu Q, Xuan Y, Dai T, et al. Transcranial low-level laser therapy improves neurological performance in traumatic brain injury in mice: effect of treatment repetition regimen. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53454 pubmed publisher..There were more BrdU-positive cells in the lesion in 1- and 3-laser groups suggesting LLLT may increase neurogenesis. Transcranial NIR laser may provide benefit in cases of acute TBI provided the optimum treatment regimen is employed. ..
- Németh B, Wartmann T, Halangk W, Sahin Toth M. Autoactivation of mouse trypsinogens is regulated by chymotrypsin C via cleavage of the autolysis loop. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:24049-62 pubmed publisher..Instead, inhibition of autoactivation via cleavage of the autolysis loop is the dominant mechanism that can mitigate intrapancreatic trypsinogen activation. ..
- Yamada Hanff J, Bean B. Persistent sodium current drives conditional pacemaking in CA1 pyramidal neurons under muscarinic stimulation. J Neurosci. 2013;33:15011-21 pubmed publisher..These results show that the pacemaking "engine" from I(NaP) is an inherent property of CA1 pyramidal neurons that can be engaged or disengaged by small shifts in net membrane current near -70 mV, as by muscarinic stimulation. ..
- Bove Fenderson E, Urano R, Straub J, Harris D. Cellular prion protein targets amyloid-? fibril ends via its C-terminal domain to prevent elongation. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16858-16871 pubmed publisher..Additionally, our results identify the C terminus of PrPC as a new and potentially more druggable molecular target for treating Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Flanagan J, Chan D, Leder P. Transmembrane form of the kit ligand growth factor is determined by alternative splicing and is missing in the Sld mutant. Cell. 1991;64:1025-35 pubmed..These results provide evidence that cell surface KL has a critical role in the intact organism. ..
- Woychik R, Maas R, Zeller R, Vogt T, Leder P. 'Formins': proteins deduced from the alternative transcripts of the limb deformity gene. Nature. 1990;346:850-3 pubmed..The observation of these different RNA transcripts in different tissues suggests that the formins play a part in the formation of several organ systems. ..
- Tontonoz P, Hu E, Spiegelman B. Stimulation of adipogenesis in fibroblasts by PPAR gamma 2, a lipid-activated transcription factor. Cell. 1994;79:1147-56 pubmed
- Xiao S, Nalabolu S, Aster J, Ma J, Abruzzo L, Jaffe E, et al. FGFR1 is fused with a novel zinc-finger gene, ZNF198, in the t(8;13) leukaemia/lymphoma syndrome. Nat Genet. 1998;18:84-7 pubmed..Our studies demonstrate an FGFR1 oncogenic role and suggest a tumorigenic mechanism in which ZNF198-FGFR1 activation results from ZNF198 zinc-finger-mediated homodimerization. ..