Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on intracellular signaling peptides and proteins in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: intracellular signaling peptides and proteins
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- Chauhan D, Li G, Hideshima T, Podar K, Mitsiades C, Mitsiades N, et al. JNK-dependent release of mitochondrial protein, Smac, during apoptosis in multiple myeloma (MM) cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17593-6 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that activation of JNK is an obligatory event for the release of Smac during stress-induced apoptosis in MM cells. ..
- Yoshida K, Kufe D. Negative regulation of the SHPTP1 protein tyrosine phosphatase by protein kinase C delta in response to DNA damage. Mol Pharmacol. 2001;60:1431-8 pubmed..These findings support the functional interaction between PKCdelta and SHPTP1 in the cellular response to DNA damage. ..
- Manie S, Astier A, Haghayeghi N, Canty T, Druker B, Hirai H, et al. Regulation of integrin-mediated p130(Cas) tyrosine phosphorylation in human B cells. A role for p59(Fyn) and SHP2. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15636-41 pubmed..These data implicate Fyn and SHP2 as potential modulators of Cas signaling complexes in B cells. ..
- Araki T, Mohi M, Ismat F, Bronson R, Williams I, Kutok J, et al. Mouse model of Noonan syndrome reveals cell type- and gene dosage-dependent effects of Ptpn11 mutation. Nat Med. 2004;10:849-57 pubmed
- Yarrow J, Totsukawa G, Charras G, Mitchison T. Screening for cell migration inhibitors via automated microscopy reveals a Rho-kinase inhibitor. Chem Biol. 2005;12:385-95 pubmed..We also profile the wound healing assay with a library of compounds with known bioactivities, revealing multiple pathways involved in the biology. ..
- Mizukami Y, Fujiki K, Duerr E, Gala M, Jo W, Zhang X, et al. Hypoxic regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor through the induction of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Rho/ROCK and c-Myc. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:13957-63 pubmed..Collectively, these findings suggest an alternative mechanism for the hypoxic induction of VEGF in colon cancer that does not depend upon HIF-1alpha but instead requires the activation of PI3K/Rho/ROCK and c-Myc. ..
- Zhang X, Jin T, Yang H, DeWolf W, Khosravi Far R, Olumi A. Persistent c-FLIP(L) expression is necessary and sufficient to maintain resistance to tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-mediated apoptosis in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2004;64:7086-91 pubmed..Therefore, persistent expression of c-FLIP(L) is necessary and sufficient to regulate sensitivity to TRAIL-mediated apoptosis in prostate cancer cells. ..
- Beyer K, Beauchamp R, Lee M, Gusella J, Naar A, Ramesh V. Mediator subunit MED28 (Magicin) is a repressor of smooth muscle cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:32152-7 pubmed
- Liu T, Warburton R, Guevara O, Hill N, Fanburg B, Gaestel M, et al. Lack of MK2 inhibits myofibroblast formation and exacerbates pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2007;37:507-17 pubmed..Thus, MK2 appears to mediate myofibroblast differentiation, and inhibiting that differentiation might contribute to fibrosis rather than protect against it. ..
- Kaelin W, Krek W, Sellers W, DeCaprio J, Ajchenbaum F, Fuchs C, et al. Expression cloning of a cDNA encoding a retinoblastoma-binding protein with E2F-like properties. Cell. 1992;70:351-64 pubmed..Therefore, RBAP-1 is a species of E2F and can bind specifically to the RB pocket. ..
- Saper C, Cano G, Scammell T. Homeostatic, circadian, and emotional regulation of sleep. J Comp Neurol. 2005;493:92-8 pubmed..Understanding the pathways that underlie the regulation of sleep and wakefulness may provide important insights into how the cognitive and emotional systems interact with basic homeostatic and circadian drives for sleep. ..
- Gu J, Dong R, Zhang C, McLaughlin D, Wu M, Schlossman S. Functional interaction of DFF35 and DFF45 with caspase-activated DNA fragmentation nuclease DFF40. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:20759-62 pubmed
- PURCELL S, Moran J, Fromer M, Ruderfer D, Solovieff N, Roussos P, et al. A polygenic burden of rare disruptive mutations in schizophrenia. Nature. 2014;506:185-90 pubmed publisher..5 to 1 per cent) and moderately large effect. Taken together, these data suggest that population-based exome sequencing can discover risk alleles and complements established gene-mapping paradigms in neuropsychiatric disease. ..
- Higgins J. Haspin-like proteins: a new family of evolutionarily conserved putative eukaryotic protein kinases. Protein Sci. 2001;10:1677-84 pubmed
- Manis J, Morales J, Xia Z, Kutok J, Alt F, Carpenter P. 53BP1 links DNA damage-response pathways to immunoglobulin heavy chain class-switch recombination. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:481-7 pubmed..The current findings, in combination with the known 53BP1 functions and how it is activated, implicate the DNA damage response to DSBs in the joining phase of class-switch recombination. ..
- Keilhack H, David F, McGregor M, Cantley L, Neel B. Diverse biochemical properties of Shp2 mutants. Implications for disease phenotypes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30984-93 pubmed
- Morra M, Howie D, Grande M, Sayos J, Wang N, Wu C, et al. X-linked lymphoproliferative disease: a progressive immunodeficiency. Annu Rev Immunol. 2001;19:657-82 pubmed..It appears therefore that the SAP/SH2D1A gene controls signaling via the SLAM family of surface receptors and thus may play a fundamental role in T cell and APC interactions during viral infections. ..
- Badway J, Baleja J. Reps2: a cellular signaling and molecular trafficking nexus. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:1660-3 pubmed publisher..Reps2 is also dysregulated during the progression of prostate cancer and is a potential biomarker for breast and prostate cancer. ..
- Ram P, Waxman D. Interaction of growth hormone-activated STATs with SH2-containing phosphotyrosine phosphatase SHP-1 and nuclear JAK2 tyrosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:17694-702 pubmed..No such association of SHP-1 with GH-activated STAT3 was detected, a finding that could help explain the marked desensitization of STAT3, but not STAT5b, to subsequent GH pulses following an initial GH activation event. ..
- Kurdistani S, Arizti P, Reimer C, Sugrue M, Aaronson S, Lee S. Inhibition of tumor cell growth by RTP/rit42 and its responsiveness to p53 and DNA damage. Cancer Res. 1998;58:4439-44 pubmed..We have localized RTP/rit42 to human chromosome 8q24.3. Taken together, these results are consistent with a growth inhibitory role for RTP/rit42, and its down-regulation may contribute to the tumor malignant phenotype. ..
- Liu F, Lagares D, Choi K, Stopfer L, MarinkoviÄ‡ A, Vrbanac V, et al. Mechanosignaling through YAP and TAZ drives fibroblast activation and fibrosis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2015;308:L344-57 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify YAP and TAZ as mechanoactivated coordinators of the matrix-driven feedback loop that amplifies and sustains fibrosis. ..
- McIntosh L, Marion M, Sudman M, Comeau M, Becker M, Bohnsack J, et al. Genome-Wide Association Meta-Analysis Reveals Novel Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Susceptibility Loci. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:2222-2232 pubmed publisher..Thus, they likely represent regions that contribute to the pathology of oligoarticular JIA and RF-negative polyarticular JIA. ..
- Mohi M, Williams I, Dearolf C, Chan G, Kutok J, Cohen S, et al. Prognostic, therapeutic, and mechanistic implications of a mouse model of leukemia evoked by Shp2 (PTPN11) mutations. Cancer Cell. 2005;7:179-91 pubmed..Shp2 mutants also cause myeloproliferation in Drosophila. Mek or Tor inhibitors potently inhibit transformation, suggesting new approaches to JMML therapy. ..
- Schubert M, Brazil D, Burks D, Kushner J, Ye J, Flint C, et al. Insulin receptor substrate-2 deficiency impairs brain growth and promotes tau phosphorylation. J Neurosci. 2003;23:7084-92 pubmed..Thus, dysregulation of the Irs2 branch of the insulin-Igf-signaling cascade reveals a molecular link between diabetes and neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Dai J, Sullivan B, Higgins J. Regulation of mitotic chromosome cohesion by Haspin and Aurora B. Dev Cell. 2006;11:741-50 pubmed..We conclude that Haspin is required to maintain centromeric cohesion during mitosis. We also suggest that Aurora B regulates cohesin removal through its effect on the localization of Shugoshin. ..
- Liu K, Lu Y, Lee J, Samara R, Willenberg R, Sears Kraxberger I, et al. PTEN deletion enhances the regenerative ability of adult corticospinal neurons. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:1075-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulating neuronal intrinsic PTEN/mTOR activity represents a potential therapeutic strategy for promoting axon regeneration and functional repair after adult spinal cord injury. ..
- Nagle J, Ma Z, Byrne M, White M, Shaw L. Involvement of insulin receptor substrate 2 in mammary tumor metastasis. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9726-35 pubmed..In contrast, IRS-1(-/-) tumor cells, which express only IRS-2, were highly invasive and were resistant to apoptotic stimuli. Collectively, our findings reveal an important contribution of IRS-2 to breast cancer metastasis. ..
- Tonna S, Needham A, Polu K, Uscinski A, Appel G, Falk R, et al. NPHS2 variation in focal and segmental glomerulosclerosis. BMC Nephrol. 2008;9:13 pubmed publisher..Our results help clarify the frequency of FSGS-causing NPHS2 mutations in adults and broaden our understanding of the spectrum of NPHS2 mutations that lead to human disease. ..
- Christmann R, Mathes A, Affandi A, Padilla C, Nazari B, Bujor A, et al. Thymic stromal lymphopoietin is up-regulated in the skin of patients with systemic sclerosis and induces profibrotic genes and intracellular signaling that overlap with those induced by interleukin-13 and transforming growth factor ?. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:1335-46 pubmed publisher
- Tang T, Freeman R, O Reilly A, Neel B, Sokol S. The SH2-containing protein-tyrosine phosphatase SH-PTP2 is required upstream of MAP kinase for early Xenopus development. Cell. 1995;80:473-83 pubmed..Our results indicate that SH-PTP2 is required for early vertebrate development, acting as a positive component in FGF signaling downstream of the FGF receptor and upstream of MAP kinase. ..
- Lehtonen J, Daviet L, Nahmias C, Horiuchi M, Dzau V. Analysis of functional domains of angiotensin II type 2 receptor involved in apoptosis. Mol Endocrinol. 1999;13:1051-60 pubmed
- Weiss V, McBride A, Soriano M, Filman D, Silver P, Hogle J. The structure and oligomerization of the yeast arginine methyltransferase, Hmt1. Nat Struct Biol. 2000;7:1165-71 pubmed..Mutation of dimer contact sites eliminates activity of Hmt1 both in vivo and in vitro. Mutating residues in the acidic cavity significantly reduces binding and methylation of the substrate Npl3. ..
- Rui L, Yuan M, Frantz D, Shoelson S, White M. SOCS-1 and SOCS-3 block insulin signaling by ubiquitin-mediated degradation of IRS1 and IRS2. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42394-8 pubmed..Thus, SOCS-mediated degradation of IRS proteins, presumably via the elongin BC ubiquitin-ligase, might be a general mechanism of inflammation-induced insulin resistance, providing a target for therapy. ..
- Marco E, Dorn J, Hsu P, Jaqaman K, Sorger P, Danuser G. S. cerevisiae chromosomes biorient via gradual resolution of syntely between S phase and anaphase. Cell. 2013;154:1127-1139 pubmed publisher..Our results offer a revised view of mitotic progression in S.Â cerevisiae that augments the relevance of mechanistic information obtained in this powerful genetic system for mammalian mitosis. ..
- Hobert O, Moerman D, Clark K, Beckerle M, Ruvkun G. A conserved LIM protein that affects muscular adherens junction integrity and mechanosensory function in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:45-57 pubmed..In addition to its localization to adherens junctions UNC-97 can also be detected in the nucleus, suggesting multiple functions for this LIM domain protein. ..
- Dai J, Sultan S, Taylor S, Higgins J. The kinase haspin is required for mitotic histone H3 Thr 3 phosphorylation and normal metaphase chromosome alignment. Genes Dev. 2005;19:472-88 pubmed..This work reveals a new kinase involved in composing the histone code and adds haspin to the select group of kinases that integrate regulation of chromosome and spindle function during mitosis and meiosis. ..
- Kunter U, Daniel S, Arvelo M, Choi J, Shukri T, Patel V, et al. Combined expression of A1 and A20 achieves optimal protection of renal proximal tubular epithelial cells. Kidney Int. 2005;68:1520-32 pubmed..A1 is antiapoptotic. A20 is anti-inflammatory via blockade of NF-kappaB. We propose that A1 and A20 are both required for optimal protection of RPTECs from apoptosis (A1) and inflammation (A20) in conditions leading to renal damage. ..
- Roberts A, Araki T, Swanson K, Montgomery K, Schiripo T, Joshi V, et al. Germline gain-of-function mutations in SOS1 cause Noonan syndrome. Nat Genet. 2007;39:70-4 pubmed..Our results identify SOS1 mutants as a major cause of Noonan syndrome, representing the first example of activating GEF mutations associated with human disease and providing new insights into RAS-GEF regulation. ..
- Fourtounis J, Wang I, Mathieu M, Claveau D, Loo T, Jackson A, et al. Gene expression profiling following NRF2 and KEAP1 siRNA knockdown in human lung fibroblasts identifies CCL11/Eotaxin-1 as a novel NRF2 regulated gene. Respir Res. 2012;13:92 pubmed publisher..These data uncover a previously unknown role for NRF2 in regulating Eotaxin-1 expression and further the mechanistic understanding of this pathway in modulating inflammatory lung disease. ..
- Kunkle B, Vardarajan B, Naj A, Whitehead P, Rolati S, Slifer S, et al. Early-Onset Alzheimer Disease and Candidate Risk Genes Involved in Endolysosomal Transport. JAMA Neurol. 2017;74:1113-1122 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study identified shared risk genes between EOAD and LOAD similar to previously reported genes, such as SORL1, PSEN2, and TREM2. ..
- Lyons D, Mahanty S, Choi K, Manandhar M, Elion E. The SH3-domain protein Bem1 coordinates mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade activation with cell cycle control in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4095-106 pubmed..These and other results suggest that Bem1 may cross-link the Ste5-MAPK cascade complex to upstream activators and specific downstream substrates at the shmoo tip, thus enabling efficient circuitry for G1 arrest and mating. ..
- Hennige A, Burks D, Ozcan U, Kulkarni R, Ye J, Park S, et al. Upregulation of insulin receptor substrate-2 in pancreatic beta cells prevents diabetes. J Clin Invest. 2003;112:1521-32 pubmed..Thus, pharmacological approaches that promote Irs2 expression in beta cells, especially specific cAMP agonists, could be rational treatments for beta cell failure and diabetes. ..
- Lin X, Taguchi A, Park S, Kushner J, Li F, Li Y, et al. Dysregulation of insulin receptor substrate 2 in beta cells and brain causes obesity and diabetes. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:908-16 pubmed..Thus, Irs2 signaling promotes regeneration of adult beta cells and central control of nutrient homeostasis, which can prevent obesity and diabetes in mice. ..
- Hunter N, Hikasa H, Dymecki S, Sokol S. Vertebrate homologues of Frodo are dynamically expressed during embryonic development in tissues undergoing extensive morphogenetic movements. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:279-84 pubmed..Highly conserved dynamic expression patterns of Frodo homologues indicate a similar function for these proteins in different vertebrates. ..
- Banerjee P, Basu A, Wegiel B, Otterbein L, Mizumura K, Gasser M, et al. Heme oxygenase-1 promotes survival of renal cancer cells through modulation of apoptosis- and autophagy-regulating molecules. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:32113-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, application of chemotherapeutic drugs along with HO-1 inhibitor may elevate therapeutic efficiency by reducing the cytoprotective effects of HO-1 and by simultaneous induction of both apoptosis and autophagy. ..
- Mochizuki T, Crocker A, McCormack S, Yanagisawa M, Sakurai T, Scammell T. Behavioral state instability in orexin knock-out mice. J Neurosci. 2004;24:6291-300 pubmed..Instead, the fragmented behavior of orexin KO mice may be best described as behavioral state instability, with apparently low thresholds to transition between states. ..
- Dong X, Park S, Lin X, Copps K, Yi X, White M. Irs1 and Irs2 signaling is essential for hepatic glucose homeostasis and systemic growth. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:101-14 pubmed..Thus, signals delivered by Irs1 or Irs2 regulate hepatic gene expression that coordinates glucose homeostasis and systemic growth. ..
- Tseng Y, Kriauciunas K, Kokkotou E, Kahn C. Differential roles of insulin receptor substrates in brown adipocyte differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1918-29 pubmed..Although IRS-4 is not essential for the process, overexpression of IRS-4 can compensate for the deficiency in differentiation in IRS-1 KO cells. ..
- Scammell T, Winrow C. Orexin receptors: pharmacology and therapeutic opportunities. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 2011;51:243-66 pubmed publisher..As the orexin system mainly promotes arousal, these new compounds will likely improve insomnia without incurring many of the side effects encountered with current medications. ..
- Bruning J, Winnay J, Cheatham B, Kahn C. Differential signaling by insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1) and IRS-2 in IRS-1-deficient cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:1513-21 pubmed
- Greenberg A, Coleman R, Kraemer F, McManaman J, Obin M, Puri V, et al. The role of lipid droplets in metabolic disease in rodents and humans. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2102-10 pubmed publisher..In this review we provide an update on the role of LD-associated proteins and LDs in metabolic disease. ..
- Ram P, Waxman D. SOCS/CIS protein inhibition of growth hormone-stimulated STAT5 signaling by multiple mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35553-61 pubmed
- Guo S, Dunn S, White M. The reciprocal stability of FOXO1 and IRS2 creates a regulatory circuit that controls insulin signaling. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:3389-99 pubmed..The dynamic relation between Irs2 and FoxO expression, compared with the subordinate role of Irs1, can explain the dominant role of Irs2 in metabolic regulation. ..
- Gompf H, Chen J, Sun Y, Yanagisawa M, Aston Jones G, Kelz M. Halothane-induced hypnosis is not accompanied by inactivation of orexinergic output in rodents. Anesthesiology. 2009;111:1001-9 pubmed publisher..Normal emergence from halothane-induced hypnosis in orexin-deficient mice suggests that additional wake-promoting systems likely remain active during general anesthesia produced by halothane. ..
- Guan R, Ford H, Fu Y, Li Y, Shaw L, Pardee A. Drg-1 as a differentiation-related, putative metastatic suppressor gene in human colon cancer. Cancer Res. 2000;60:749-55 pubmed..We propose that Drg-1 suppresses colon cancer metastasis by inducing colon cancer cell differentiation and partially reversing the metastatic phenotype. ..
- Forbes K, Humphrey T, Enoch T. Suppressors of cdc25p overexpression identify two pathways that influence the G2/M checkpoint in fission yeast. Genetics. 1998;150:1361-75 pubmed..These results suggest that chk1(+) and rad24(+) may function redundantly with cds1(+) in the checkpoint response to unreplicated DNA. ..
- Gu H, Pratt J, Burakoff S, Neel B. Cloning of p97/Gab2, the major SHP2-binding protein in hematopoietic cells, reveals a novel pathway for cytokine-induced gene activation. Mol Cell. 1998;2:729-40 pubmed..Our results identify p97 as an important regulator of receptor signaling that controls a novel pathway to immediate-early gene activation and suggest multiple functions for SHP2 in cytokine receptor signaling. ..
- Zhang X, Sun H, Danila D, Johnson S, Zhou Y, Swearingen B, et al. Loss of expression of GADD45 gamma, a growth inhibitory gene, in human pituitary adenomas: implications for tumorigenesis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:1262-7 pubmed..These data indicate that GADD45 gamma is a powerful growth suppressor controlling pituitary cell proliferation, and GADD45 gamma represents the first identified gene whose expression is lost in the majority of human pituitary tumors. ..
- Pfaff K, Straub C, Chiang K, Bear D, Zhou Y, Zon L. The zebra fish cassiopeia mutant reveals that SIL is required for mitotic spindle organization. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5887-97 pubmed..Furthermore, short hairpin RNA knockdown of SIL in human cells recapitulates the zebrafish csp mitotic spindle defects. These data, taken together, identify SIL as a novel, vertebrate-specific regulator of mitotic spindle assembly. ..
- Damrauer S, Studer P, da Silva C, Longo C, Ramsey H, Csizmadia E, et al. A20 modulates lipid metabolism and energy production to promote liver regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17715 pubmed publisher..These findings support pursuit of A20-based therapies to improve patients' outcomes in the context of extreme liver injury and extensive LR for tumor treatment or donation. ..
- Cooper J, Stroka D, Brostjan C, Palmetshofer A, Bach F, Ferran C. A20 blocks endothelial cell activation through a NF-kappaB-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:18068-73 pubmed..How A20 blocks NF-kappaB is unclear, although we demonstrate that it does not affect p65 (RelA)-mediated gene transactivation. The inhibition of endothelial cell activation by A20 is a novel function for A20. ..
- Morra M, Simarro Grande M, Martin M, Chen A, Lanyi A, Silander O, et al. Characterization of SH2D1A missense mutations identified in X-linked lymphoproliferative disease patients. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36809-16 pubmed publisher..Because no correlation is present between identified types of mutations and XLP patient clinical presentation, additional unidentified genetic or environmental factors must play a strong role in XLP disease manifestations...
- Bektas A, Hughes J, Warram J, Krolewski A, Doria A. Type 2 diabetes locus on 12q15. Further mapping and mutation screening of two candidate genes. Diabetes. 2001;50:204-8 pubmed..This locus, however, does not appear to correspond to the PTPRR or CPM, although a contribution of mutations in regulatory regions cannot be excluded at this time. ..
- Bao Z, Cepko C. The expression and function of Notch pathway genes in the developing rat eye. J Neurosci. 1997;17:1425-34 pubmed..This form of Notch 1 was found to cause abnormal growth and interfere with the differentiation of multiple retinal cell types. ..
- Withers D, Burks D, Towery H, Altamuro S, Flint C, White M. Irs-2 coordinates Igf-1 receptor-mediated beta-cell development and peripheral insulin signalling. Nat Genet. 1999;23:32-40 pubmed..Thus, Irs-2 integrates the effects of insulin in peripheral target tissues with Igf-1 in pancreatic beta-cells to maintain glucose homeostasis. ..
- Yi X, Schubert M, Peachey N, Suzuma K, Burks D, Kushner J, et al. Insulin receptor substrate 2 is essential for maturation and survival of photoreceptor cells. J Neurosci. 2005;25:1240-8 pubmed
- Döppler H, Storz P, Li J, Comb M, Toker A. A phosphorylation state-specific antibody recognizes Hsp27, a novel substrate of protein kinase D. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:15013-9 pubmed..We term this antibody anti-PKD pMOTIF and predict that it will enable the discovery of novel PKD substrate proteins in cells. ..
- Alvarez V, Ridenour D, Sabatini B. Distinct structural and ionotropic roles of NMDA receptors in controlling spine and synapse stability. J Neurosci. 2007;27:7365-76 pubmed..Thus, although ionotropic properties of NMDARs induce synaptic plasticity, it is the physical interactions of the C-tail of the receptor that mediate the long-term stabilization of synapses and spines. ..
- DeAngelis M, Ji F, Adams S, Morrison M, Harring A, Sweeney M, et al. Alleles in the HtrA serine peptidase 1 gene alter the risk of neovascular age-related macular degeneration. Ophthalmology. 2008;115:1209-1215.e7 pubmed publisher..Independent of CFH genotype or smoking history, an individual's risk of AMD could be increased or decreased, depending on their genotype or haplotype in the 10q26 region. ..
- Chaudhury A, He X, Goyal R. Role of PSD95 in membrane association and catalytic activity of nNOSalpha in nitrergic varicosities in mice gut. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G806-13 pubmed publisher..Palmitoylation of PSD95 may provide a novel target for regulation of nitrergic neurotransmission. ..
- Kerouz N, Hörsch D, Pons S, Kahn C. Differential regulation of insulin receptor substrates-1 and -2 (IRS-1 and IRS-2) and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase isoforms in liver and muscle of the obese diabetic (ob/ob) mouse. J Clin Invest. 1997;100:3164-72 pubmed
- Yoshida K, Kharbanda S, Kufe D. Functional interaction between SHPTP1 and the Lyn tyrosine kinase in the apoptotic response to DNA damage. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:34663-8 pubmed..These findings support a functional interaction between Lyn and SHPTP1 in the response to DNA damage. ..
- LaVoie M, Selkoe D. The Notch ligands, Jagged and Delta, are sequentially processed by alpha-secretase and presenilin/gamma-secretase and release signaling fragments. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34427-37 pubmed..Thus, Notch and its cognate ligands are processed by the same molecular machinery and may antagonistically regulate each other's signaling. ..
- Morabito M, Sheng M, Tsai L. Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 phosphorylates the N-terminal domain of the postsynaptic density protein PSD-95 in neurons. J Neurosci. 2004;24:865-76 pubmed
- Park S, Nguyen M, Fischer A, Luke M, Affar E, Dieffenbach P, et al. Par-4 links dopamine signaling and depression. Cell. 2005;122:275-87 pubmed..Remarkably, Par-4DeltaLZ mice display significantly increased depression-like behaviors. Collectively, these results provide evidence that Par-4 constitutes a molecular link between impaired dopamine signaling and depression. ..
- Gan B, Guan J. FIP200, a key signaling node to coordinately regulate various cellular processes. Cell Signal. 2008;20:787-94 pubmed..Further understanding of FIP200 function might provide novel therapeutic targets for human diseases such as cancer. ..
- Meissner T, Li A, Kobayashi K. NLRC5: a newly discovered MHC class I transactivator (CITA). Microbes Infect. 2012;14:477-84 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that NLRC5 and CIITA are transcriptional regulators that orchestrate the concerted expression of critical components in the MHC class I and MHC class II pathways, respectively. ..
- Myers M, Mendez R, Shi P, Pierce J, Rhoads R, White M. The COOH-terminal tyrosine phosphorylation sites on IRS-1 bind SHP-2 and negatively regulate insulin signaling. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:26908-14 pubmed..These results suggest that SHP-2 attentuates the phosphorylation and downstream signal transmission of IRS-1 and that the interaction of IRS-1 and SHP-2 is an important regulatory event which attenuates insulin metabolic responses. ..
- Patterson H, Kraus M, Kim Y, Ploegh H, Rajewsky K. The B cell receptor promotes B cell activation and proliferation through a non-ITAM tyrosine in the Igalpha cytoplasmic domain. Immunity. 2006;25:55-65 pubmed..These results suggest that Igalpha non-ITAM tyrosine 204 promotes a distinct cellular response, namely T-independent B cell proliferation and differentiation via phosphorylation of the adaptor BLNK. ..
- Nucera C, Eeckhoute J, Finn S, Carroll J, Ligon A, Priolo C, et al. FOXA1 is a potential oncogene in anaplastic thyroid carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3680-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, FOXA1 may be an important oncogene in thyroid tumorigenesis and a potential new therapeutic target for the treatment of anaplastic thyroid cancers. ..
- Nie D, Di Nardo A, Han J, Baharanyi H, Kramvis I, Huynh T, et al. Tsc2-Rheb signaling regulates EphA-mediated axon guidance. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:163-72 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that TSC2-Rheb-mTOR signaling cooperates with the ephrin-Eph receptor system to control axon guidance in the visual system. ..
- Chauhan D, Pandey P, Hideshima T, Treon S, Raje N, Davies F, et al. SHP2 mediates the protective effect of interleukin-6 against dexamethasone-induced apoptosis in multiple myeloma cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:27845-50 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that SHP2 mediates the anti-apoptotic effect of IL-6 and suggest SHP2 as a novel therapeutic target in MM. ..
- Burks D, Font de Mora J, Schubert M, Withers D, Myers M, Towery H, et al. IRS-2 pathways integrate female reproduction and energy homeostasis. Nature. 2000;407:377-82 pubmed..elegans and Drosophila, we have identified an evolutionarily conserved mechanism in mammals that regulates both reproduction and energy homeostasis. ..
- Parikh S, Mammoto T, Schultz A, Yuan H, Christiani D, Karumanchi S, et al. Excess circulating angiopoietin-2 may contribute to pulmonary vascular leak in sepsis in humans. PLoS Med. 2006;3:e46 pubmed..Last, we show that excess systemic Ang-2 provokes pulmonary leak and congestion in otherwise healthy adult mice. Our results identify a critical role for Ang-2 in disrupting normal pulmonary endothelial function. ..
- Chang C, Goel H, Gao H, Pursell B, Shultz L, Greiner D, et al. A laminin 511 matrix is regulated by TAZ and functions as the ligand for the Î±6BÎ²1 integrin to sustain breast cancer stem cells. Genes Dev. 2015;29:1-6 pubmed publisher..We observed that TAZ regulates the transcription of the Î±5 subunit of LM511 and the formation of a LM511 matrix. These data establish a positive feedback loop involving TAZ and LM511 that contributes to stemness in breast cancer. ..
- Liedtke M, Pandey P, Kumar S, Kharbanda S, Kufe D. Regulation of Bcr-Abl-induced SAP kinase activity and transformation by the SHPTP1 protein tyrosine phosphatase. Oncogene. 1998;17:1889-92 pubmed..Importantly, SHPTP1 also decreases Bcr-Abl-dependent transformation of fibroblasts. These findings indicate that SHPTP1 functions as a tumor suppressor in cells transformed by Bcr-Abl. ..