Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on immunohistochemistry in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Publications305 found, 100 shown here
- Li D, Shimamura T, Ji H, Chen L, Haringsma H, McNamara K, et al. Bronchial and peripheral murine lung carcinomas induced by T790M-L858R mutant EGFR respond to HKI-272 and rapamycin combination therapy. Cancer Cell. 2007;12:81-93 pubmed..However, the combination of HKI-272 and rapamycin resulted in significant regression of both types of lung tumors. This combination therapy may potentially benefit lung cancer patients with the EGFR T790M mutation. ..
- She H, Nakazawa T, Matsubara A, Connolly E, Hisatomi T, Noda K, et al. Photoreceptor protection after photodynamic therapy using dexamethasone in a rat model of choroidal neovascularization. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:5008-14 pubmed publisher..05). Systemic administration of dexamethasone combined with PDT reduces photoreceptor apoptosis, increases angiographic closure, and reduces CNV size compared with PDT alone in a rat model. ..
- Hedley Whyte E, Goldman J, Nedergaard M, Friedman A, Han X, Schmidt R, et al. Hyaline protoplasmic astrocytopathy of neocortex. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2009;68:136-47 pubmed publisher..The pathophysiologic relevance of these proteins and the clinical significance of the hyaline inclusions are discussed...
- Klings E, Lowry M, Li G, Jean J, Fernandez B, Garcia Saura M, et al. Hyperoxia-induced lung injury in gamma-glutamyl transferase deficiency is associated with alterations in nitrosative and nitrative stress. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:2309-18 pubmed publisher..Therefore, reduced denitrosylation of proteins, possibly resulting in impaired cellular repair, and excessive apoptotic cell death likely contribute to increased lung injury and mortality of GGT(enu1) mice in hyperoxia. ..
- Wagner A, Goldberg J, DuBois S, Choy E, Rosen L, Pappo A, et al. Tivantinib (ARQ 197), a selective inhibitor of MET, in patients with microphthalmia transcription factor-associated tumors: results of a multicenter phase 2 trial. Cancer. 2012;118:5894-902 pubmed publisher..9 months (CCS and tRCC). Baseline MET expression was strongly or focally positive in tumor samples from 14 of 19 patients (74%). Tivantinib was safe and tolerable in patients with MiT tumors, but antitumor activity was modest. ..
- Jha R, Liu X, Chrenek R, Madsen J, Cardozo D. The postnatal human filum terminale is a source of autologous multipotent neurospheres capable of generating motor neurons. Neurosurgery. 2013;72:118-29; discussion 129 pubmed publisher..Multipotent NPC cells from the FT are both accessible and expendable. They may allow autologous cell-based transplantation therapy that circumvents immunological rejection. ..
- Mariño Enríquez A, Hornick J, Dal Cin P, Cibas E, Qian X. Dedifferentiated liposarcoma and pleomorphic liposarcoma: a comparative study of cytomorphology and MDM2/CDK4 expression on fine-needle aspiration. Cancer Cytopathol. 2014;122:128-37 pubmed publisher..Rarely, DDLPS shows lipogenic differentiation, mimicking PLPS. The cytomorphologic features of DDLPS and PLPS and the utility of ancillary studies have not been systemically analyzed...
- Yuan L, Chan G, Beeler D, Janes L, Spokes K, Dharaneeswaran H, et al. A role of stochastic phenotype switching in generating mosaic endothelial cell heterogeneity. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10160 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest a novel stochastic phenotype switching strategy for adaptive homoeostasis in the adult vasculature. ..
- Breitbart R, Liang C, Smoot L, Laheru D, Mahdavi V, Nadal Ginard B. A fourth human MEF2 transcription factor, hMEF2D, is an early marker of the myogenic lineage. Development. 1993;118:1095-106 pubmed..Its presence in undifferentiated myoblasts further suggests that it may be a mediator of commitment in the myogenic lineage. ..
- Philpott A, Porro E, Kirschner M, Tsai L. The role of cyclin-dependent kinase 5 and a novel regulatory subunit in regulating muscle differentiation and patterning. Genes Dev. 1997;11:1409-21 pubmed..In addition, overexpression of Xp35.1 disrupts muscle organization. Thus, we have demonstrated a novel role for cdk5 in regulating myogenesis in the early embryo. ..
- Rosenkranz A, Mendrick D, Cotran R, Mayadas T. P-selectin deficiency exacerbates experimental glomerulonephritis: a protective role for endothelial P-selectin in inflammation. J Clin Invest. 1999;103:649-59 pubmed..Thus, the protective effect in wild-type mice may be accounted for, in part by soluble P-selectin shed by non-renal endothelial cells, although other endothelial P-selectin-dependent mechanisms cannot be ruled out. ..
- Chou T, Lee C, Lu J, Elmquist J, Hara J, Willie J, et al. Orexin (hypocretin) neurons contain dynorphin. J Neurosci. 2001;21:RC168 pubmed..These findings suggest that dynorphin-A may play an important role in the function of the orexin neurons. ..
- Rahemtullah A, Szyfelbein K, Zembowicz A. Glomus coccygeum: report of a case and review of the literature. Am J Dermatopathol. 2005;27:497-9 pubmed..Recognition of the histologic features of glomus coccygeum is important to avoid confusion with glomus tumor and neural or smooth muscle neoplasms in the sacral area...
- Greenberg S, Pinkus J, Amato A. Nuclear membrane proteins are present within rimmed vacuoles in inclusion-body myositis. Muscle Nerve. 2006;34:406-16 pubmed
- Nagy N, Brewer K, Mwizerwa O, Goldstein A. Pelvic plexus contributes ganglion cells to the hindgut enteric nervous system. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:73-83 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the pelvic plexus, and not the NoR, serves as the staging area for sacral crest-derived cells to enter the avian hindgut, confirming the evolutionary conservation of this important embryologic process. ..
- Hemming M, Patterson M, Reske Nielsen C, Lin L, Isacson O, Selkoe D. Reducing amyloid plaque burden via ex vivo gene delivery of an Abeta-degrading protease: a novel therapeutic approach to Alzheimer disease. PLoS Med. 2007;4:e262 pubmed..These results support the use of Abeta-degrading proteases as a means to therapeutically lower Abeta levels and encourage further exploration of ex vivo gene delivery for the treatment of Alzheimer disease. ..
- Jun H, Woolfenden S, Coven S, Lane K, Bronson R, Housman D, et al. Epigenetic regulation of c-ROS receptor tyrosine kinase expression in malignant gliomas. Cancer Res. 2009;69:2180-4 pubmed publisher..Cancer Res 2009;69(6):2180-4]. ..
- Perez A, Bachrach E, Illigens B, Jun S, Bagden E, Steffen L, et al. CXCR4 enhances engraftment of muscle progenitor cells. Muscle Nerve. 2009;40:562-72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this enhanced extravasation likely promotes higher donor cell engraftment rates over time. ..
- Demers M, Ho Tin Noe B, Schatzberg D, Yang J, Wagner D. Increased efficacy of breast cancer chemotherapy in thrombocytopenic mice. Cancer Res. 2011;71:1540-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that low platelet count selectively induces leakiness of tumor vessels and favors the delivery of chemotherapy to tumor sites, enhancing its tumoricidal effects. ..
- Treviño Villarreal J, Cotanche D, Sepúlveda R, Bortoni M, Manneberg O, Udagawa T, et al. Host-derived pericytes and Sca-1+ cells predominate in the MART-1- stroma fraction of experimentally induced melanoma. J Histochem Cytochem. 2011;59:1060-75 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that pericytes and Sca-1+ stroma cells are important contributors to melanoma development. ..
- Panchamoorthy G, Rehan H, Kharbanda A, Ahmad R, Kufe D. A monoclonal antibody against the oncogenic mucin 1 cytoplasmic domain. Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2011;30:531-5 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate that the anti-MUC1-CD antibody could be useful as a biomarker to identify patients with tumors that may be responsive to MUC1-C inhibitors. ..
- Allott E, Cohen S, Geradts J, Sun X, Khoury T, Bshara W, et al. Performance of Three-Biomarker Immunohistochemistry for Intrinsic Breast Cancer Subtyping in the AMBER Consortium. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:470-8 pubmed publisher..Epidemiologic studies relying on three-biomarker IHC status for subtype classification should use caution when distinguishing luminal A from luminal B and when interpreting findings for HER2-enriched cancers. ..
- Kunz D, Gerard N, Gerard C. The human leukocyte platelet-activating factor receptor. cDNA cloning, cell surface expression, and construction of a novel epitope-bearing analog. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:9101-6 pubmed
- Rubin B, Pins M, Nielsen G, Rosen S, Hsi B, Fletcher J, et al. Isochromosome 7q in adult Wilms' tumors: diagnostic and pathogenetic implications. Am J Surg Pathol. 2000;24:1663-9 pubmed..These genetic features may be helpful in distinguishing adult Wilms' tumors from other primary renal tumors...
- Schipani E, Ryan H, Didrickson S, Kobayashi T, Knight M, Johnson R. Hypoxia in cartilage: HIF-1alpha is essential for chondrocyte growth arrest and survival. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2865-76 pubmed
- Grove Strawser D, Sower S, Ronsheim P, Connolly J, Bourn C, Rubin B. Guinea pig GnRH: localization and physiological activity reveal that it, not mammalian GnRH, is the major neuroendocrine form in guinea pigs. Endocrinology. 2002;143:1602-12 pubmed
- Deans M, Paul D. Mouse horizontal cells do not express connexin26 or connexin36. Cell Commun Adhes. 2001;8:361-6 pubmed..The identity of the connexin(s) forming electrical synapses between mouse horizontal cells and the connexin that may form hemichannels in the horizontal cell telodendria remains unknown. ..
- Maffini M, Geck P, Powell C, Sonnenschein C, Soto A. Mechanism of androgen action on cell proliferation: AS3 protein as a mediator of proliferative arrest in the rat prostate. Endocrinology. 2002;143:2708-14 pubmed..These data suggest that AS3 is a mediator of the proliferative arrest in the normal rat prostate in situ and human prostate cell lines and that its expression is androgen-induced. ..
- Roig J, Mikhailov A, Belham C, Avruch J. Nercc1, a mammalian NIMA-family kinase, binds the Ran GTPase and regulates mitotic progression. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1640-58 pubmed..Nercc1 and its partner Nek6 represent a new signaling pathway that regulates mitotic progression. ..
- Zhou M, Wang H, Ross J, Kuzmin I, Xu C, Cohen H. The von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor stabilizes novel plant homeodomain protein Jade-1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39887-98 pubmed..Thus, direct protein stabilization is identified as a new VHL function. Moreover, Jade-1 protein represents a novel candidate regulatory factor in VHL-mediated renal tumor suppression. ..
- Deshpande V, Rosenberg A, O Connell J, Nielsen G. Epithelioid angiosarcoma of the bone: a series of 10 cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2003;27:709-16 pubmed
- Andreucci M, Michael A, Kramers C, Park K, Chen A, Matthaeus T, et al. Renal ischemia/reperfusion and ATP depletion/repletion in LLC-PK(1) cells result in phosphorylation of FKHR and FKHRL1. Kidney Int. 2003;64:1189-98 pubmed..We conclude that PI 3-kinase and Akt are activated after renal ischemia/reperfusion and that Akt phosphorylation leads to phosphorylation of FKHR and FKHRL1, which may affect epithelial cell fate in acute renal failure. ..
- El Hashemite N, Walker V, Zhang H, Kwiatkowski D. Loss of Tsc1 or Tsc2 induces vascular endothelial growth factor production through mammalian target of rapamycin. Cancer Res. 2003;63:5173-7 pubmed..Last, rapamycin or related inhibitors of mTOR may have therapeutic benefit in TSC both by direct tumor cell killing and by inhibiting the development of TSC lesions through impairment of VEGF production. ..
- Li H, Liu H, Sage C, Huang M, Chen Z, Heller S. Islet-1 expression in the developing chicken inner ear. J Comp Neurol. 2004;477:1-10 pubmed..Our data is consistent with a role for islet-1 in differentiating inner ear neurons and sensory epithelia cells, perhaps in the specification of cellular subtypes in conjunction with other LIM/homeodomain proteins. ..
- Dunn J, Potter M, Rees A, Rünger T. Activation of the Fanconi anemia/BRCA pathway and recombination repair in the cellular response to solar ultraviolet light. Cancer Res. 2006;66:11140-7 pubmed
- Tivol E, Borriello F, Schweitzer A, Lynch W, Bluestone J, Sharpe A. Loss of CTLA-4 leads to massive lymphoproliferation and fatal multiorgan tissue destruction, revealing a critical negative regulatory role of CTLA-4. Immunity. 1995;3:541-7 pubmed..In the absence of CTLA-4, peripheral T cells are activated, can spontaneously proliferate, and may mediate lethal tissue injury. ..
- Leav I, Galluzzi C, Ziar J, Stork P, Ho S, Loda M. Mitogen-activated protein kinase and mitogen-activated kinase phosphatase-1 expression in the Noble rat model of sex hormone-induced prostatic dysplasia and carcinoma. Lab Invest. 1996;75:361-70 pubmed..Taken together, results from this and our recent study suggest that alterations in a growth factor-MAP-kinase pathway may be important events in the initiation and progression of prostatic carcinoma. ..
- Bloch D, de la Monte S, Guigaouri P, Filippov A, Bloch K. Identification and characterization of a leukocyte-specific component of the nuclear body. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:29198-204 pubmed..The location of Sp140 in the NB, and expression of this gene in cells involved in host defense, suggest that Sp140 may be involved in the pathogenesis of acute promyelocytic leukemia and viral infection. ..
- Zrihan Licht S, Lim J, Keydar I, Sliwkowski M, Groopman J, Avraham H. Association of csk-homologous kinase (CHK) (formerly MATK) with HER-2/ErbB-2 in breast cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:1856-63 pubmed..These results indicate that CHK might participate in signaling in breast cancer cells by associating, via its SH2 domain, with ErbB-2 following heregulin stimulation. ..
- Puopolo M, Hochstetler S, Gustincich S, Wightman R, Raviola E. Extrasynaptic release of dopamine in a retinal neuron: activity dependence and transmitter modulation. Neuron. 2001;30:211-25 pubmed..Since the somatic receptors for these ligands are extrasynaptic, we suggest that the composition of the extracellular fluid directly modulates extrasynaptic release. ..
- McNeil G, Schroeder A, Roberts M, Jackson F. Genetic analysis of functional domains within the Drosophila LARK RNA-binding protein. Genetics. 2001;159:229-40 pubmed..This genetic analysis demonstrates that each of the LARK structural domains functions in vivo and indicates a pleiotropic requirement for both the LARK RRM2 and RTZF domains. ..
- Chen W, Aoki C, Mahadomrongkul V, Gruber C, Wang G, Blitzblau R, et al. Expression of a variant form of the glutamate transporter GLT1 in neuronal cultures and in neurons and astrocytes in the rat brain. J Neurosci. 2002;22:2142-52 pubmed
- Ishida S, Usui T, Yamashiro K, Kaji Y, Ahmed E, Carrasquillo K, et al. VEGF164 is proinflammatory in the diabetic retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:2155-62 pubmed
- Wang S, Lim G, Zeng Q, Sung B, Ai Y, Guo G, et al. Expression of central glucocorticoid receptors after peripheral nerve injury contributes to neuropathic pain behaviors in rats. J Neurosci. 2004;24:8595-605 pubmed..These findings indicate a central role of neuronal GRs in the mechanisms of neuropathic pain behaviors in rats and suggest a potential role for GR antagonists in clinical management of neuropathic pain. ..
- Jurkunas U, Bitar M, Rawe I, Harris D, Colby K, Joyce N. Increased clusterin expression in Fuchs' endothelial dystrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:2946-55 pubmed publisher..To investigate the differential expression of the glycoprotein clusterin/apoJ (CLU) in normal and Fuchs' endothelial dystrophy (FED) corneal endothelium and to compare the expression of various forms of CLU in normal and FED tissue...
- Krause S, Maffini M, Soto A, Sonnenschein C. A novel 3D in vitro culture model to study stromal-epithelial interactions in the mammary gland. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2008;14:261-71 pubmed publisher..These models provide an excellent system to study tissue organization, epithelial morphogenesis, and breast carcinogenesis. ..
- Gibson J, Hornick J. Mucosal Schwann cell "hamartoma": clinicopathologic study of 26 neural colorectal polyps distinct from neurofibromas and mucosal neuromas. Am J Surg Pathol. 2009;33:781-7 pubmed publisher..Although their nature is uncertain, we propose the interim designation "mucosal Schwann cell 'hamartoma'" to avoid confusion with the neural lesions that have significant associations with inherited syndromes. ..
- Becker L, Huang Q, Mashimo H. Lgr5, an intestinal stem cell marker, is abnormally expressed in Barrett's esophagus and esophageal adenocarcinoma. Dis Esophagus. 2010;23:168-74 pubmed publisher..03). Our findings suggest that Lgr5 has potential utility as a biomarker for BE-associated dysplasia and EAC. ..
- Baba Y, Nosho K, Shima K, Goessling W, Chan A, Ng K, et al. PTGER2 overexpression in colorectal cancer is associated with microsatellite instability, independent of CpG island methylator phenotype. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010;19:822-31 pubmed publisher..PTGER2 overexpression is associated with MSI-high in colorectal cancer. Our data imply potential roles of inflammatory reaction by PTGER2 upregulation in carcinogenic process to MSI-high colorectal cancer. ..
- Sadacca L, Lamia K, deLemos A, Blum B, Weitz C. An intrinsic circadian clock of the pancreas is required for normal insulin release and glucose homeostasis in mice. Diabetologia. 2011;54:120-4 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence for a previously unrecognised molecular regulator of pancreatic glucose-sensing and/or insulin secretion. ..
- Noseda R, Constandil L, Bourgeais L, Chalus M, Villanueva L. Changes of meningeal excitability mediated by corticotrigeminal networks: a link for the endogenous modulation of migraine pain. J Neurosci. 2010;30:14420-9 pubmed publisher..Such corticofugal influences could contribute to the development of migraine pain in terms of both topographic localization and pain tuning during an attack. ..
- Castelino F, Seiders J, Bain G, Brooks S, King C, Swaney J, et al. Amelioration of dermal fibrosis by genetic deletion or pharmacologic antagonism of lysophosphatidic acid receptor 1 in a mouse model of scleroderma. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63:1405-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LPA/LPA? pathway inhibition has the potential to be an effective new therapeutic strategy for SSc, and that LPA? is an attractive pharmacologic target in dermal fibrosis. ..
- Dias Santagata D, Lam Q, Vernovsky K, Vena N, Lennerz J, Borger D, et al. BRAF V600E mutations are common in pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma: diagnostic and therapeutic implications. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17948 pubmed publisher..1%) giant cell GBM (gcGBM). The finding that BRAF V600E mutations are common in the majority of PXA has important therapeutic implications and may help in differentiating less aggressive PXAs from lethal gcGBMs and GBMs. ..
- Jakobiec F, Zakka F, D AMATO R, DeAngelis M, Walton D, Rao R. Unilateral sporadic retinal dysplasia: results of histopathologic, immunohistochemical, chromosomal, genetic, and VEGF-A analyses. J AAPOS. 2011;15:579-86 pubmed publisher..To describe new findings in a case of unilateral retinal dysplasia...
- Drouin E, Seward R, Strle K, McHugh G, Katchar K, Londoño D, et al. A novel human autoantigen, endothelial cell growth factor, is a target of T and B cell responses in patients with Lyme disease. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:186-96 pubmed publisher..In this study we aimed to identify autoantigens in patients with antibiotic-refractory Lyme arthritis, in which infection-induced autoimmunity is thought to play an important role...
- Kulkarni R, Bruning J, Winnay J, Postic C, Magnuson M, Kahn C. Tissue-specific knockout of the insulin receptor in pancreatic beta cells creates an insulin secretory defect similar to that in type 2 diabetes. Cell. 1999;96:329-39 pubmed
- Thome K, Dhar S, Quintana D, Delmolino L, Shahsafaei A, Dutta A. Subsets of human origin recognition complex (ORC) subunits are expressed in non-proliferating cells and associate with non-ORC proteins. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:35233-41 pubmed..Finally, all ORC subunits remain consistently nuclear, and Orc2 is consistently phosphorylated through all stages of the cell cycle, whereas Orc1 is selectively phosphorylated in mitosis. ..
- Hiasa Y, Kamegaya Y, Nuriya H, Onji M, Kohara M, Schmidt E, et al. Protein kinase R is increased and is functional in hepatitis C virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Am J Gastroenterol. 2003;98:2528-34 pubmed..Cytoplasmic levels of HCV RNA within T were decreased compared with NT. These findings indicate that PKR has increased activity in human HCC compared with LC, and suggest that PKR acts as a growth inducer in HCC. ..
- Wang T, Soker S, Atala A, Siroky M, Azadzoi K. Alterations in angiogenic growth factors and neuronal nitric oxide synthase expression in chronic cavernosal ischemia. Int J Impot Res. 2004;16:403-11 pubmed..Taken together, this study suggests that supplementation of VEGF at earlier stages of ischemia may restore the damaged endothelial cells of the corpus cavernosum and support tissue perfusion. ..
- Kikuchi M, Harris D, Obara Y, Senoo T, Joyce N. p27kip1 Antisense-induced proliferative activity of rat corneal endothelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:1763-70 pubmed..Treatment with p27(kip1) antisense oligonucleotides followed by postincubation in 10% FBS lowers endogenous p27(kip1) protein levels and promotes proliferation in confluent cultures of rat CECs. ..
- Lu L, Bao Y, Khan A, Goldstein A, Newburg D, Quaroni A, et al. Hydrocortisone modulates cholera toxin endocytosis by regulating immature enterocyte plasma membrane phospholipids. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:185-193.e1 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that the developmental change in CT endocytosis is partially caused by an increased GM1-lipid raft association through a maturational change of phospholipid composition on the cell surface of immature enterocytes. ..
- Growdon W, Boisvert S, Akhavanfard S, Oliva E, Dias Santagata D, Kojiro S, et al. Decreased survival in EGFR gene amplified vulvar carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2008;111:289-97 pubmed publisher..Given the association of EGFR amplification with response to targeted therapy in other tumor types, these patients may be candidates for therapeutic strategies that target the EGFR pathway. ..
- Salajegheh M, Pinkus J, Nazareno R, Amato A, Parker K, Greenberg S. Nature of "Tau" immunoreactivity in normal myonuclei and inclusion body myositis. Muscle Nerve. 2009;40:520-8 pubmed publisher..Normal myonuclei contain neurofilament H or other unidentified 200 kDa proteins with similar phosphorylated motifs accounting for SMI-31 immunoreactivity. ..
- Fiorentino M, Judson G, Penney K, Flavin R, Stark J, Fiore C, et al. Immunohistochemical expression of BRCA1 and lethal prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:3136-9 pubmed publisher..6; 95% confidence interval, 2.4-8.7). These findings strengthen the hypothesis that BRCA1 plays a role in cell cycle control and show that BRCA1 is a marker of clinical prostate cancer prognosis. Cancer Res; 70(8); 3136-9. (c)2010 AACR. ..
- Mannix R, Zhang J, Park J, Zhang X, Bilal K, Walker K, et al. Age-dependent effect of apolipoprotein E4 on functional outcome after controlled cortical impact in mice. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2011;31:351-61 pubmed publisher..The data suggest age-dependent effects of APOE4 on cognitive outcome after TBI, and that therapies targeting APOE4 may be more effective in adults versus children with TBI. ..
- Mauney J, Ramachandran A, Yu R, Daley G, Adam R, Estrada C. All-trans retinoic acid directs urothelial specification of murine embryonic stem cells via GATA4/6 signaling mechanisms. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11513 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that RA mediates ESC specification toward a urothelial lineage via GATA4/6-dependent processes...
- Ma K, Cashman S, Sweigard J, Kumar Singh R. Decay accelerating factor (CD55)-mediated attenuation of complement: therapeutic implications for age-related macular degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:6776-83 pubmed publisher..Adenovirus-mediated delivery of hCD55 to murine RPE confers protection against human complement. The investigators propose that the expression of hCD55 on RPE cells warrants investigation as a potential therapy for AMD. ..
- Zada G, Woodmansee W, Ramkissoon S, Amadio J, Nose V, Laws E. Atypical pituitary adenomas: incidence, clinical characteristics, and implications. J Neurosurg. 2011;114:336-44 pubmed publisher..More longitudinal follow-up is required to determine whether surgical outcomes, potential for recurrence, or metastasis of atypical adenomas vary significantly from their typical counterparts. ..
- Hinault C, Kawamori D, Liew C, Maier B, Hu J, Keller S, et al. ?40 Isoform of p53 controls ?-cell proliferation and glucose homeostasis in mice. Diabetes. 2011;60:1210-22 pubmed publisher..These data indicate a significant and novel role for ?40p53 in ?-cell proliferation with implications for the development of age-dependent diabetes. ..
- Cacicedo J, Gauthier M, Lebrasseur N, Jasuja R, Ruderman N, Ido Y. Acute exercise activates AMPK and eNOS in the mouse aorta. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H1255-65 pubmed publisher..The results also suggest that AMPK likely is the principal activator of eNOS in this setting and that its own activation may be mediated by both SIRT1-LKB1 and CaMKK?. ..
- Hezel A, Deshpande V, Zimmerman S, Contino G, Alagesan B, O Dell M, et al. TGF-? and ?v?6 integrin act in a common pathway to suppress pancreatic cancer progression. Cancer Res. 2012;72:4840-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings indicate that ?v?6 and TGF-? act in a common tumor suppressor pathway whose pharmacologic inactivation promotes pancreatic cancer progression. ..
- Jun G, Moncaster J, Koutras C, Seshadri S, Buros J, McKee A, et al. Î´-Catenin is genetically and biologically associated with cortical cataract and future Alzheimer-related structural and functional brain changes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43728 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that genetic variation in delta catenin may underlie both cortical lens opacities in mid-life and subsequent MRI and cognitive changes that presage the development of AD. ..
- Crowley J, Strle K, Drouin E, Pianta A, Arvikar S, Wang Q, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-10 is a target of T and B cell responses that correlate with synovial pathology in patients with antibiotic-refractory Lyme arthritis. J Autoimmun. 2016;69:24-37 pubmed publisher..This experience demonstrates the power of new, discovery-based methods to identify relevant autoimmune responses in chronic inflammatory forms of arthritis. ..
- Yang Y, Wang Y, Kong Y, Zhang X, Bai L. The effects of different frequency treadmill exercise on lipoxin A4 and articular cartilage degeneration in an experimental model of monosodium iodoacetate-induced osteoarthritis in rats. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179162 pubmed publisher..And it may be worked through the anti-inflammatory activity of LXA4 and the NF-κB pathway. ..
- Beyer E, Paul D, Goodenough D. Connexin family of gap junction proteins. J Membr Biol. 1990;116:187-94 pubmed
- House M, Kohlmeier L, Chattopadhyay N, Kifor O, Yamaguchi T, LeBoff M, et al. Expression of an extracellular calcium-sensing receptor in human and mouse bone marrow cells. J Bone Miner Res. 1997;12:1959-70 pubmed
- Yu Q, Stamenkovic I. Localization of matrix metalloproteinase 9 to the cell surface provides a mechanism for CD44-mediated tumor invasion. Genes Dev. 1999;13:35-48 pubmed..Our observations indicate that CD44 serves to anchor MMP-9 on the cell surface and define a mechanism for CD44-mediated tumor invasion. ..
- Bhattacharya S, Michels C, Leung M, Arany Z, Kung A, Livingston D. Functional role of p35srj, a novel p300/CBP binding protein, during transactivation by HIF-1. Genes Dev. 1999;13:64-75 pubmed
- Mutter G, Lin M, Fitzgerald J, Kum J, Eng C. Changes in endometrial PTEN expression throughout the human menstrual cycle. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:2334-8 pubmed
- Chen Z, Hasson T, Zhang D, Schwender B, Derfler B, Mooseker M, et al. Myosin-VIIb, a novel unconventional myosin, is a constituent of microvilli in transporting epithelia. Genomics. 2001;72:285-96 pubmed..An antibody to myosin-VIIb labeled proximal tubule cells of the kidney and enterocytes of the intestine, specifically the distal tips of apical microvilli on these transporting epithelial cells. ..
- Donato J, Ko J, Kutok J, Cheng T, Shirakawa T, Mao X, et al. Human HTm4 is a hematopoietic cell cycle regulator. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:51-8 pubmed..Overexpression of HTm4 can cause cell cycle arrest at the G(0)/G(1) phase. Thus, HTm4 is a novel hematopoietic modulator for the G(1)-S cell cycle transition. ..
- Chou T, Bjorkum A, Gaus S, Lu J, Scammell T, Saper C. Afferents to the ventrolateral preoptic nucleus. J Neurosci. 2002;22:977-90 pubmed..These robust pathways suggest candidate mechanisms by which sleep may be influenced by brain systems regulating arousal, autonomic, limbic, and circadian functions. ..
- Cerimele F, Brown L, Bravo F, Ihler G, Kouadio P, Arbiser J. Infectious angiogenesis: Bartonella bacilliformis infection results in endothelial production of angiopoetin-2 and epidermal production of vascular endothelial growth factor. Am J Pathol. 2003;163:1321-7 pubmed..Infection of cultured endothelium with B. bacilliformis also resulted in induction of angiopoetin-2 in vitro. These findings imply a collaboration between infected endothelium and overlying epidermis to induce angiogenesis. ..
- Green M, Filippou A, Sant G, Theoharides T. Expression of intercellular adhesion molecules in the bladder of patients with interstitial cystitis. Urology. 2004;63:688-93 pubmed..These results showed that ICAM-1 is expressed in IC, with variable expression of the other markers studied, supporting the different degrees of bladder inflammation noted in patients with IC. ..
- Benedito A, Lehtinen M, Massol R, Lopes U, Kirchhausen T, Rao A, et al. The transcription factor NFAT3 mediates neuronal survival. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2818-25 pubmed..Taken together, these results reveal an essential function for NFAT3-mediated transcription in neuronal survival that may play important roles in the developing and mature brain. ..
- Fukumoto T, Kema I, Levin M. Serotonin signaling is a very early step in patterning of the left-right axis in chick and frog embryos. Curr Biol. 2005;15:794-803 pubmed
- Beldi G, Wu Y, Sun X, Imai M, Enjyoji K, Csizmadia E, et al. Regulated catalysis of extracellular nucleotides by vascular CD39/ENTPD1 is required for liver regeneration. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:1751-60 pubmed publisher..Lack of CD39 activity is associated with decreased hepatic regeneration and failure of vascular reconstitution. ..
- Caceres A, Shang F, Wawrousek E, Liu Q, Avidan O, Cvekl A, et al. Perturbing the ubiquitin pathway reveals how mitosis is hijacked to denucleate and regulate cell proliferation and differentiation in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13331 pubmed publisher..A fully functional UPP is required to execute most stages of lens differentiation, specifically removal of cell nuclei. In the absence of a functional UPP, small aggregate prone, cataractous lenses are formed. ..