Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Publications1134 found, 100 shown here
- Krueger D, Bear M. Toward fulfilling the promise of molecular medicine in fragile X syndrome. Annu Rev Med. 2011;62:411-29 pubmed publisher..The insights gained from FXS and other autism-related single-gene disorders may also assist in identifying molecular mechanisms and potential treatment approaches for idiopathic autism. ..
- Hacker K, Chu J, Leung C, Marra R, Pirie A, Brahimi M, et al. The impact of Immigration and Customs Enforcement on immigrant health: perceptions of immigrants in Everett, Massachusetts, USA. Soc Sci Med. 2011;73:586-594 pubmed publisher..These factors should be considered by any community seeking to improve the integration process. ..
- Sherman M, Borgstein N, Mook L, WILSON D, Yang Y, Chen N, et al. Multiple-dose, safety, pharmacokinetic, and pharmacodynamic study of sotatercept (ActRIIA-IgG1), a novel erythropoietic agent, in healthy postmenopausal women. J Clin Pharmacol. 2013;53:1121-30 pubmed publisher..Clinical studies are ongoing to explore the potential of sotatercept to treat anemia and diseases of ineffective erythropoiesis as well as an agent to increase bone mineral density. ..
- Goodson J, Tavares M, Wang X, Niederman R, Cugini M, Hasturk H, et al. Obesity and dental decay: inference on the role of dietary sugar. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74461 pubmed publisher..If the later hypothesis is true, one would expect dental decay to increase with obesity. This was not found. The reasons for this inverse relationship are not currently clear. ..
- Wen D, Corina K, Chow E, Miller S, Janmey P, Pepinsky R. The plasma and cytoplasmic forms of human gelsolin differ in disulfide structure. Biochemistry. 1996;35:9700-9 pubmed..The experiments also demonstrate a general method for the location of disulfide bonds in proteins. ..
- Ulitsky I, Shkumatava A, Jan C, Subtelny A, Koppstein D, Bell G, et al. Extensive alternative polyadenylation during zebrafish development. Genome Res. 2012;22:2054-66 pubmed publisher..Our insights into the identities, formation, and evolution of zebrafish 3' UTRs provide a resource for studying gene regulation during vertebrate development. ..
- Suelves A, Arcinue C, González Martín J, Kruh J, Foster C. Analysis of a novel protocol of pulsed intravenous cyclophosphamide for recalcitrant or severe ocular inflammatory disease. Ophthalmology. 2013;120:1201-9 pubmed publisher..To analyze the success rate of pulsed intravenous (IV) cyclophosphamide (CyP) for noninfectious ocular inflammatory disease and to identify risk factors for failure of therapy...
- Caicedo J, Cooper S, Heigwer F, Warchal S, Qiu P, Molnar C, et al. Data-analysis strategies for image-based cell profiling. Nat Methods. 2017;14:849-863 pubmed publisher..The recommended techniques cover alternatives that may suit various biological goals, experimental designs, and laboratories' preferences. ..
- Wasserman R, Austin C, Fisher L, Wang J. Use of yeast in the study of anticancer drugs targeting DNA topoisomerases: expression of a functional recombinant human DNA topoisomerase II alpha in yeast. Cancer Res. 1993;53:3591-6 pubmed..Overexpression of human DNA topoisomerase II alpha in yeast also provides a convenient source of the enzyme for in vitro studies. ..
- Tartaglia L. The leptin receptor. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:6093-6 pubmed
- Shworak N, Liu J, Fritze L, Schwartz J, Zhang L, Logeart D, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of mouse and human cDNAs encoding heparan sulfate D-glucosaminyl 3-O-sulfotransferase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:28008-19 pubmed
- Hartl D, Lohe A, Lozovskaya E. Modern thoughts on an ancyent marinere: function, evolution, regulation. Annu Rev Genet. 1997;31:337-58 pubmed
- Chen L, Glover J, Hogan P, Rao A, Harrison S. Structure of the DNA-binding domains from NFAT, Fos and Jun bound specifically to DNA. Nature. 1998;392:42-8 pubmed..The tight association of the three proteins on DNA creates a continuous groove for the recognition of 15 base pairs. ..
- Wang S, Yan Neale Y, Cai R, Alimov I, Cohen D. Activation of mitochondrial pathway is crucial for tumor selective induction of apoptosis by LAQ824. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:1662-8 pubmed..These data provide insight into the mechanism underlying the selective induction of apoptosis by LAQ824 in cancer cells. ..
- Lin W, Licht S. Polymer-based open-channel blockers for the acetylcholine receptor: the effect of spacer length on blockade kinetics. Biochemistry. 2008;47:9163-73 pubmed publisher..These results provide useful insights into the future design of kinetically tunable open-channel blockers for the AChR. ..
- Pizzirani D, Roberti M, Grimaudo S, Di Cristina A, Pipitone R, Tolomeo M, et al. Identification of biphenyl-based hybrid molecules able to decrease the intracellular level of Bcl-2 protein in Bcl-2 overexpressing leukemia cells. J Med Chem. 2009;52:6936-40 pubmed publisher..Compounds 1, 3, 4, and 6 showed well-defined activity on apoptosis and differentiation, making them potential leads for development as new anticancer agents and chemical probes to study signaling networks in neoplastic cells. ..
- Lincecum J, Vieira F, Wang M, Thompson K, De Zutter G, Kidd J, et al. From transcriptome analysis to therapeutic anti-CD40L treatment in the SOD1 model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Nat Genet. 2010;42:392-9 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates that unbiased transcript profiling can identify cellular pathways responsive to therapeutic intervention in a preclinical model of human disease. ..
- Pungaliya P, Bai Y, Lipinski K, Anand V, Sen S, Brown E, et al. Identification and characterization of a leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 (LRRK2) consensus phosphorylation motif. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13672 pubmed publisher..Together the identification of LRRK2's phosphorylation consensus motif, and the functional consequences of its phosphorylation, provide insights into downstream LRRK2-signaling pathways. ..
- Smillie C, Smith M, Friedman J, Cordero O, David L, Alm E. Ecology drives a global network of gene exchange connecting the human microbiome. Nature. 2011;480:241-4 pubmed publisher..This structure offers a window into the molecular traits that define ecological niches, insight that we use to uncover sources of antibiotic resistance and identify genes associated with the pathology of meningitis and other diseases. ..
- Kay J, Chu M, Sanes J. MEGF10 and MEGF11 mediate homotypic interactions required for mosaic spacing of retinal neurons. Nature. 2012;483:465-9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that members of this gene family can also serve as subtype-specific ligands that pattern neuronal arrays. ..
- Sansam C, Shepard J, Lai K, Ianari A, Danielian P, Amsterdam A, et al. DTL/CDT2 is essential for both CDT1 regulation and the early G2/M checkpoint. Genes Dev. 2006;20:3117-29 pubmed..First, it is an essential component of the CUL4-DDB1 complex that controls CDT1 levels, thereby preventing rereplication. Second, it is required for the early G2/M checkpoint. ..
- Kaila N, Janz K, DeBernardo S, Bedard P, Camphausen R, Tam S, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of quinoline salicylic acids as P-selectin antagonists. J Med Chem. 2007;50:21-39 pubmed..Lead compound 36 was efficacious in the rat AIA model of rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Alexe G, Dalgin G, Scanfeld D, Tamayo P, Mesirov J, Delisi C, et al. High expression of lymphocyte-associated genes in node-negative HER2+ breast cancers correlates with lower recurrence rates. Cancer Res. 2007;67:10669-76 pubmed..These data suggest that early-stage HER2+ cancers associated with lymphocytic infiltration are a biologically distinct subtype with an improved natural history. ..
- Long A, Zhao H, Huang X. Structural basis for the interaction between casein kinase 1 delta and a potent and selective inhibitor. J Med Chem. 2012;55:956-60 pubmed publisher..These structures provide a molecular basis for the strong and specific inhibitor interactions and suggest clues for further development of CK1?/? inhibitors. ..
- Johnson H, White F. Toward quantitative phosphotyrosine profiling in vivo. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2012;23:854-62 pubmed publisher..Application of these approaches to a wide variety of biological systems will define how signal transduction regulates cellular physiology in health and disease. ..
- Rosenbaum J. Patient teenagers? A comparison of the sexual behavior of virginity pledgers and matched nonpledgers. Pediatrics. 2009;123:e110-20 pubmed publisher..Virginity pledges may not affect sexual behavior but may decrease the likelihood of taking precautions during sex. Clinicians should provide birth control information to all adolescents, especially virginity pledgers. ..
- Nyfeler B, Bergman P, Triantafellow E, Wilson C, Zhu Y, Radetich B, et al. Relieving autophagy and 4EBP1 from rapamycin resistance. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:2867-76 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that partial inhibition of mTORC1 by rapamycin can be overcome using combination strategies and offer a therapeutic avenue to achieve complete and selective inhibition of mTORC1. ..
- Apicella C, Marlowe F, Fowler J, Christakis N. Social networks and cooperation in hunter-gatherers. Nature. 2012;481:497-501 pubmed publisher..Also, early humans may have formed ties with both kin and non-kin, based in part on their tendency to cooperate. Social networks may thus have contributed to the emergence of cooperation. ..
- Liu D, Loh K, Lam S, White K, Ting A. Imaging trans-cellular neurexin-neuroligin interactions by enzymatic probe ligation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e52823 pubmed publisher..ID-PRIME expands the toolkit of methods available to study trans-cellular protein-protein interactions in living systems. ..
- Gazal S, Finucane H, Furlotte N, Loh P, Palamara P, Liu X, et al. Linkage disequilibrium-dependent architecture of human complex traits shows action of negative selection. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1421-1427 pubmed publisher..We also inferred jointly significant effects of other LD-related annotations and confirmed via forward simulations that they jointly predict deleterious effects. ..
- Silver M, Guo H, Strominger J, Wiley D. Atomic structure of a human MHC molecule presenting an influenza virus peptide. Nature. 1992;360:367-9 pubmed..The structure defines in atomic detail the antigenic surface constructed of major histocompatibility complex and viral peptide atoms that is recognized by T-cell receptors. ..
- Hua X, Miller Z, Benchabane H, Wrana J, Lodish H. Synergism between transcription factors TFE3 and Smad3 in transforming growth factor-beta-induced transcription of the Smad7 gene. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:33205-8 pubmed..Thus, TFE3-Smad3 response elements may represent a common target for TGF-beta-induced gene expression. ..
- Mathy J, Ma S, Compton T, Lin K. Combinations of cyclophilin inhibitor NIM811 with hepatitis C Virus NS3-4A Protease or NS5B polymerase inhibitors enhance antiviral activity and suppress the emergence of resistance. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008;52:3267-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results illustrate the significant advantages of combining inhibitors targeting both viral and host factors as key components of future HCV therapies. ..
- Hockemeyer D, Soldner F, Beard C, Gao Q, Mitalipova M, DeKelver R, et al. Efficient targeting of expressed and silent genes in human ESCs and iPSCs using zinc-finger nucleases. Nat Biotechnol. 2009;27:851-7 pubmed publisher..Finally, we targeted the PITX3 gene, demonstrating that ZFNs can be used to generate reporter cells by targeting non-expressed genes in hESCs and hiPSCs. ..
- Noguchi Y, YOUNG J, Aleman J, Hansen M, Kelleher J, Stephanopoulos G. Effect of anaplerotic fluxes and amino acid availability on hepatic lipoapoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33425-36 pubmed publisher..Amino acids play a modulatory role in these processes via a mechanism that does not involve ceramide accumulation. ..
- Jancevski M, Foster C. Cataracts and uveitis. Discov Med. 2010;9:51-4 pubmed..Cataract extraction with intraocular lens implantation in the setting of meticulous control of inflammation can optimize visual outcome in adults and children with uveitis. ..
- Price A, Zaitlen N, Reich D, Patterson N. New approaches to population stratification in genome-wide association studies. Nat Rev Genet. 2010;11:459-63 pubmed publisher..Here, we review recent progress on methods that correct for stratification while accounting for these additional complexities. ..
- Meissner A. Epigenetic modifications in pluripotent and differentiated cells. Nat Biotechnol. 2010;28:1079-88 pubmed publisher..Although iPS cells appear molecularly and functionally similar to embryonic stem cells, more genome-wide studies are needed to define the extent and functions of epigenetic remodeling during reprogramming. ..
- Mertins P, Udeshi N, Clauser K, Mani D, Patel J, Ong S, et al. iTRAQ labeling is superior to mTRAQ for quantitative global proteomics and phosphoproteomics. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:M111.014423 pubmed publisher..Spike-in experiments using peptides of defined ratios in a background of nonregulated peptides show that iTRAQ quantification is less accurate but not as variable as mTRAQ quantification. ..
- Fomina Yadlin D, Kubicek S, Vetere A, He K, He K, Schreiber S, et al. GW8510 increases insulin expression in pancreatic alpha cells through activation of p53 transcriptional activity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e28808 pubmed publisher..These results implicate p53 activity in modulation of Ins2 expression levels in pancreatic alpha cells, and point to a potential approach toward using small molecules to generate insulin in an alternative cell type. ..
- Hammett T, Des Jarlais D, Kling R, Kieu B, McNicholl J, Wasinrapee P, et al. Controlling HIV epidemics among injection drug users: eight years of Cross-Border HIV prevention interventions in Vietnam and China. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43141 pubmed publisher..The Cross-Border project offers a model of HIV prevention for IDUs that should be considered for large-scale replication. ..
- Cho S, Park J, Liu Y, Park Y, Kim J, Yang H, et al. Sporadic Early-Onset Diffuse Gastric Cancers Have High Frequency of Somatic CDH1 Alterations, but Low Frequency of Somatic RHOA Mutations Compared With Late-Onset Cancers. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:536-549.e26 pubmed publisher..Female predominance in early-onset gastric cancer may be related to relatively high rates of somatic CDH1 and TGFBR1 mutations in this population. ..
- Song A, Kucyi A, Napadow V, Brown E, Loggia M, Akeju O. Pharmacological Modulation of Noradrenergic Arousal Circuitry Disrupts Functional Connectivity of the Locus Ceruleus in Humans. J Neurosci. 2017;37:6938-6945 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the PCC, thalamus, and basal ganglia are key components of a LC-noradrenergic arousal circuit. ..
- Lim L, Sharp P. Alternative splicing of the fibronectin EIIIB exon depends on specific TGCATG repeats. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:3900-6 pubmed
- McLaughlin M, Hale R, Ellston D, Gaudet S, Lue R, Viel A. The distribution and function of alternatively spliced insertions in hDlg. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6406-12 pubmed..Insertions in the second region are responsible for determining the localization of hDlg, with insertion I3 targeting the protein to the membrane regions of cell-cell contact and insertion I2 targeting the protein to the nucleus. ..
- Skaletsky H, Kuroda Kawaguchi T, Minx P, Cordum H, Hillier L, Brown L, et al. The male-specific region of the human Y chromosome is a mosaic of discrete sequence classes. Nature. 2003;423:825-37 pubmed..9% identity, which is maintained by frequent gene conversion (non-reciprocal transfer). The most prominent features here are eight massive palindromes, at least six of which contain testis genes. ..
- Sobrin L, Christen W, Foster C. Mycophenolate mofetil after methotrexate failure or intolerance in the treatment of scleritis and uveitis. Ophthalmology. 2008;115:1416-21, 1421.e1 pubmed publisher..The odds of inflammation control were less in patients with the diagnoses of scleritis and JIA. ..
- Phelps C, Huang R, Lishko P, Wang R, Gaudet R. Structural analyses of the ankyrin repeat domain of TRPV6 and related TRPV ion channels. Biochemistry. 2008;47:2476-84 pubmed publisher..Similar biochemical findings are also presented for the highly homologous mammalian TRPV5-ARD. The implications of the structural and biochemical data on the role of the ankyrin repeats in different TRPV channels are discussed. ..
- Carson S. Creativity and psychopathology: a shared vulnerability model. Can J Psychiatry. 2011;56:144-53 pubmed
- Burgett A, Poulsen T, Wangkanont K, Anderson D, Kikuchi C, Shimada K, et al. Natural products reveal cancer cell dependence on oxysterol-binding proteins. Nat Chem Biol. 2011;7:639-47 pubmed publisher..Here we used ORPphilins to reveal new cellular activities of OSBP. The ORPphilins are powerful probes of OSBP and ORP4L that will be useful in uncovering their cellular functions and their roles in human diseases. ..
- Ding H, Sarokhan A, Roderick S, Bakshi R, Maher N, Ashourian P, et al. Association of SNCA with Parkinson: replication in the Harvard NeuroDiscovery Center Biomarker Study. Mov Disord. 2011;26:2283-6 pubmed publisher..40; P = .0032). This result increases confidence in the notion that in many clinically well-characterized patients, genetic variation in SNCA contributes to "sporadic" disease. ..
- Kim K, Maderna A, Schnute M, Hegen M, Mohan S, Miyashiro J, et al. Imidazo[1,5-a]quinoxalines as irreversible BTK inhibitors for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:6258-63 pubmed publisher..The lead compound showed good in vivo efficacy in preclinical RA models. ..
- Washburn N, Meccariello R, Hu S, Hains M, Bhatnagar N, Sarvaiya H, et al. High-resolution physicochemical characterization of different intravenous immunoglobulin products. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181251 pubmed publisher..This type of characterization may provide insights into the specific factors and components of IVIg that may influence its activity and ultimately lead to optimization of IVIg products for use in autoimmune diseases. ..
- Martin M, Newcomb J, Nunes J, McGowan D, Armistead D, Boucher C, et al. Novel 2-aminopyrimidine carbamates as potent and orally active inhibitors of Lck: synthesis, SAR, and in vivo antiinflammatory activity. J Med Chem. 2006;49:4981-91 pubmed
- Hockemeyer D, Wang H, Kiani S, Lai C, Gao Q, Cassady J, et al. Genetic engineering of human pluripotent cells using TALE nucleases. Nat Biotechnol. 2011;29:731-4 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that TALENs employing the specific architectures described here mediate site-specific genome modification in human pluripotent cells with similar efficiency and precision as do zinc-finger nucleases (ZFNs). ..
- Pepinsky B, Hession C, Chen L, Moy P, Burkly L, Jakubowski A, et al. Structure/function studies on vascular cell adhesion molecule-1. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:17820-6 pubmed
- Lee F, Hagler J, Chen Z, Maniatis T. Activation of the IkappaB alpha kinase complex by MEKK1, a kinase of the JNK pathway. Cell. 1997;88:213-22 pubmed..Since the IkappaB alpha kinase complex can be independently activated by ubiquitination or MEKK1-dependent phosphorylation, it may be an integrator of multiple signal transduction pathways leading to the activation of NF-kappaB. ..
- Menezes N, Gray M, Hartke J, Burstein D. T2 and T1rho MRI in articular cartilage systems. Magn Reson Med. 2004;51:503-9 pubmed..Overall, these studies illustrate that T2 and T1rho are sensitive to biologically meaningful changes in cartilage. However, contrary to some previous reports, they are not specific to any one inherent tissue parameter. ..
- Gimelbrant A, Ensminger A, Qi P, Zucker J, Chess A. Monoallelic expression and asynchronous replication of p120 catenin in mouse and human cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1354-9 pubmed..Identification of monoallelic expression of a nearly ubiquitous gene indicates that this type of gene regulation is more common than previously thought. This has important implications for carcinogenesis and definition of cell identity. ..
- Mosyak L, Wood A, Dwyer B, Buddha M, Johnson M, Aulabaugh A, et al. The structure of the Lingo-1 ectodomain, a module implicated in central nervous system repair inhibition. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36378-90 pubmed..Potential functional binding sites that can be identified on the ectodomain surface, including the site of self-recognition, suggest a model for protein assembly on the membrane. ..
- Wulff J, Siegrist R, Myers A. The natural product avrainvillamide binds to the oncoprotein nucleophosmin. J Am Chem Soc. 2007;129:14444-51 pubmed..Although potentially desirable as lead compounds for the development of novel anticancer therapies, nonpeptidic, synthetic small molecules that bind to nucleophosmin have not been described, prior to this report. ..
- Stadtfeld M, Hochedlinger K. Induced pluripotency: history, mechanisms, and applications. Genes Dev. 2010;24:2239-63 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the progress that has been made in the iPSC field over the last 4 years, with an emphasis on understanding the mechanisms of cellular reprogramming and its potential applications in cell therapy...
- Tsai A, Rosenlicht N, Jureidini J, Parry P, Spielmans G, Healy D. Aripiprazole in the maintenance treatment of bipolar disorder: a critical review of the evidence and its dissemination into the scientific literature. PLoS Med. 2011;8:e1000434 pubmed publisher..Please see later in the article for the Editors' Summary. ..
- Lo K, Bauchmann M, Baumann A, Donahue C, Thiede M, Hayes L, et al. Genome-wide profiling of H3K56 acetylation and transcription factor binding sites in human adipocytes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19778 pubmed publisher..This is the first genome-wide profile of H3K56 acetylation, E2F4, C/EBP? and HSF-1 binding in human adipocytes, and will serve as an important resource for better understanding adipocyte transcriptional regulation. ..
- Choi J, Love K, Gong Y, Gierahn T, Love J. Immuno-hybridization chain reaction for enhancing detection of individual cytokine-secreting human peripheral mononuclear cells. Anal Chem. 2011;83:6890-5 pubmed publisher..This approach should enhance the utility of microengraving for defining the immunological signatures of diseases and responses to interventional therapies based on multiplexed single-cell analysis. ..
- Wagner F, Olson D, Gale J, Kaya T, Weïwer M, Aidoud N, et al. Potent and selective inhibition of histone deacetylase 6 (HDAC6) does not require a surface-binding motif. J Med Chem. 2013;56:1772-6 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that high selectivity and potent inhibition of HDAC6 can be achieved through careful choice of linker element only. ..
- Petschnigg J, Groisman B, Kotlyar M, Taipale M, Zheng Y, Kurat C, et al. The mammalian-membrane two-hybrid assay (MaMTH) for probing membrane-protein interactions in human cells. Nat Methods. 2014;11:585-92 pubmed publisher..MaMTH is a powerful tool for investigating the dynamic interactomes of human integral membrane proteins. ..
- Teno J, Bowman J, Plotzke M, Gozalo P, Christian T, Miller S, et al. Characteristics of Hospice Programs With Problematic Live Discharges. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015;50:548-52 pubmed publisher..0% of not-for-profit providers. Problematic patterns of live discharges are higher among for-profit providers, especially those not affiliated with a hospice chain. ..
- Schwaid A, Ruangsiriluk W, Reyes A, Cabral S, Rajamohan F, Tu M, et al. Development of a selective activity-based probe for glycosylated LIPA. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:1993-6 pubmed publisher..LIPA is heavily glycosylated although it is unclear how glycosylation affects LIPA activity or function. Our probe is specific for a glycosylated form of LIPA in cells, although it labels purified LIPA regardless of glycosylation. ..
- Argikar U, Potter P, Hutzler J, Marathe P. Challenges and Opportunities with Non-CYP Enzymes Aldehyde Oxidase, Carboxylesterase, and UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase: Focus on Reaction Phenotyping and Prediction of Human Clearance. AAPS J. 2016;18:1391-1405 pubmed..The review will highlight progress made in establishing in vitro-in vivo correlation, predicting human clearance and avoiding costly clinical failures when non-CYP-mediated metabolic pathways are predominant. ..
- Constam D, Robertson E. Regulation of bone morphogenetic protein activity by pro domains and proprotein convertases. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:139-49 pubmed..Collectively, these data show that the half-life of mature BMPs is greatly influenced by the identity of their pro regions. ..
- Sun Z, Hopkins N. vhnf1, the MODY5 and familial GCKD-associated gene, regulates regional specification of the zebrafish gut, pronephros, and hindbrain. Genes Dev. 2001;15:3217-29 pubmed..The similarity between vhnf1-associated fish phenotypes and human symptoms suggests a correlation between developmental functions of vhnf1 and the molecular etiology of MODY5 and GCKD. ..
- Nauta R, Nauta A. Transverse mesocolonic hernia of the jejunum mimicking pancreatic neoplasm. Am Surg. 2008;74:224-6 pubmed..At exploration, intestinal obstruction due to transmesocolonic herniation of the jejunum explained both the symptoms and the radiologic finding. ..
- Kupperman E, Lee E, Cao Y, Bannerman B, Fitzgerald M, Berger A, et al. Evaluation of the proteasome inhibitor MLN9708 in preclinical models of human cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1970-80 pubmed publisher..Moreover, antitumor activity was shown via multiple dosing routes, including oral gavage. Taken together, these data support the clinical development of MLN9708 for both hematologic and solid tumor indications...
- Zhang Y, Liu S, Mickanin C, Feng Y, Charlat O, Michaud G, et al. RNF146 is a poly(ADP-ribose)-directed E3 ligase that regulates axin degradation and Wnt signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:623-9 pubmed publisher..RNF146-dependent protein degradation may emerge as a major mechanism by which tankyrase exerts its function. ..
- Yang L, Neale B, Liu L, Lee S, Wray N, Ji N, et al. Polygenic transmission and complex neuro developmental network for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: genome-wide association study of both common and rare variants. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2013;162B:419-430 pubmed publisher..Some common causal variants are likely to be shared between Han Chinese and Caucasians. Complex neurodevelopmental networks may underlie ADHD's etiology. ..
- Hillier S, Maresca K, Lu G, Merkin R, Marquis J, Zimmerman C, et al. 99mTc-labeled small-molecule inhibitors of prostate-specific membrane antigen for molecular imaging of prostate cancer. J Nucl Med. 2013;54:1369-76 pubmed publisher..These (99m)Tc-labeled radiopharmaceuticals targeting PSMA may provide a SPECT molecular imaging option to assist in the initial diagnosis of prostate cancer and the management of patient care by monitoring disease progression. ..
- Michellys P, Chen B, Jiang T, Jin Y, Lu W, Marsilje T, et al. Design and synthesis of novel selective anaplastic lymphoma kinase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:1090-1096 pubmed publisher..Synthesis, structure activity relationships (SAR), absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (ADME) profile, and in vivo efficacy in a mouse xenograft model of anaplastic large cell lymphoma are described. ..
- Libermann T, Baltimore D. Activation of interleukin-6 gene expression through the NF-kappa B transcription factor. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:2327-34 pubmed..Because NF-kappa B is involved in the control of a variety of genes activated upon inflammation, NF-kappa B may play a central role in the inflammatory response to infection and tissue injury. ..
- Aronov A. Common pharmacophores for uncharged human ether-a-go-go-related gene (hERG) blockers. J Med Chem. 2006;49:6917-21 pubmed..By utilizing screening data for 194 potent uncharged hERG actives, we propose a pharmacophore for neutral hERG blockers, and provide guidance on eliminating hERG liability in an uncharged hERG active chemical series. ..