Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Publications1781 found, 100 shown here
- Stankiewicz J, Brass S. Role of iron in neurotoxicity: a cause for concern in the elderly?. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2009;12:22-9 pubmed publisher..A potential implication is that disease-modifying therapies aimed at removing excess iron may one day be part of the armamentarium employed by clinicians to decrease the burden of neurodegenerative diseases in the elderly. ..
- Lai E, Calderwood A, Doros G, Fix O, Jacobson B. The Boston bowel preparation scale: a valid and reliable instrument for colonoscopy-oriented research. Gastrointest Endosc. 2009;69:620-5 pubmed publisher..Single-center study. The BBPS is a valid and reliable measure of bowel preparation. It may be well suited to colonoscopy outcomes research because it reflects the colon's cleanliness during the inspection phase of the procedure. ..
- Kilbridge K. Quality-adjusted life-years, comparative effectiveness in cancer care, and measuring outcomes in the underserved. Oncology (Williston Park). 2010;24:530-6 pubmed..Both types of measurements face health literacy barriers to their application in underserved populations, an important concern for CER in all medical fields. ..
- Monte N, Webster K, Neuberg D, Dressler G, Mutter G. Joint loss of PAX2 and PTEN expression in endometrial precancers and cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:6225-32 pubmed publisher..Loss of function of both genes in an overlapping distribution characterizes the clinical emergence of a premalignant lesion which is carried forward to carcinoma. ..
- Xu M, St Clair D, He L. Testing for genetic association between the ZDHHC8 gene locus and susceptibility to schizophrenia: An integrated analysis of multiple datasets. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2010;153B:1266-75 pubmed publisher..Consistently negative associations were found in the rs175174 polymorphism. LD structure further suggested that the ZDHHC8 locus might not play an important role in the etiology of schizophrenia. ..
- Kim T, Luquette L, Xi R, Park P. rSW-seq: algorithm for detection of copy number alterations in deep sequencing data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010;11:432 pubmed publisher..We also compare the sequencing-based profiles to microarray-based results. We propose rSW-seq as an efficient method for detecting copy number changes in the tumor genome. ..
- Vaidya V, Niewczas M, Ficociello L, Johnson A, Collings F, Warram J, et al. Regression of microalbuminuria in type 1 diabetes is associated with lower levels of urinary tubular injury biomarkers, kidney injury molecule-1, and N-acetyl-?-D-glucosaminidase. Kidney Int. 2011;79:464-70 pubmed publisher..Hence, tubular dysfunction is a critical component of the early course of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Cashman S, Ramo K, Kumar Singh R. A non membrane-targeted human soluble CD59 attenuates choroidal neovascularization in a model of age related macular degeneration. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19078 pubmed publisher..We propose that the above approaches warrant further exploration as potential approaches for alleviating complement mediated damage to ocular tissues in AMD. ..
- Burakoff R, Chao S, Perencevich M, Ying J, Friedman S, Makrauer F, et al. Blood-based biomarkers can differentiate ulcerative colitis from Crohn's disease and noninflammatory diarrhea. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2011;17:1719-25 pubmed publisher..These panels clearly differentiated between CD and UC. Gene expression profiles from blood can differentiate patients with CD from those with UC and from noninflammatory diarrheal disorders. ..
- Charles R, Ryan E. Cholera in the 21st century. Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2011;24:472-7 pubmed publisher..Improved understanding of factors associated with protective immunity and dynamic factors associated with cholera outbreaks may lead to improved control and prevention strategies for cholera. ..
- Sizova M, Hohmann T, Hazen A, Paster B, Halem S, Murphy C, et al. New approaches for isolation of previously uncultivated oral bacteria. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:194-203 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the ensemble of new methods we introduced will likely help close the gap between cultivated and uncultivated species from the human oral cavity. ..
- Salviz M, Montoya J, Nadol J, Santos F. Otopathology in congenital toxoplasmosis. Otol Neurotol. 2013;34:1165-9 pubmed publisher..We infer that the hearing loss of toxoplasmosis is likely the result of a postnatal inflammatory response to the tachyzoite form of T. gondii. Our findings have implications for the early identification and management of Toxoplasmosis. ..
- Barthelemy O, Richardson M, Rose Jacobs R, Forman L, Cabral H, Frank D. Effects of intrauterine substance and postnatal violence exposure on aggression in children. Aggress Behav. 2016;42:209-21 pubmed publisher..Findings suggest the importance of postnatal social environment rather than IUCE in predicting aggressive behavior in childhood. ..
- Hung Y, Fletcher C, Hornick J. Evaluation of NKX2-2 expression in round cell sarcomas and other tumors with EWSR1 rearrangement: imperfect specificity for Ewing sarcoma. Mod Pathol. 2016;29:370-80 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, NKX2-2 may be helpful to distinguish Ewing sarcoma from some histologic mimics including CIC-DUX4 and BCOR-CCNB3 sarcomas. Most other EWSR1-associated soft tissue tumors are negative for NKX2-2. ..
- Martins J, de Paiva H, Paiva P, Ferreira R, Pordeus I, Zarzar P, et al. New evidence about the "dark side" of social cohesion in promoting binge drinking among adolescents. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178652 pubmed publisher..4 times more likely (95%CI 1.96-6.10) to binge drink themselves. Our results provide new evidence about the "dark side" of social cohesion in promoting binge drinking among adolescents. ..
- Peterman C, Fevurly R, Alomari A, Trenor C, Adams D, Vadeboncoeur S, et al. Sonographic screening for Wilms tumor in children with CLOVES syndrome. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017;64: pubmed publisher..Given the benefits of early detection and treatment, children with CLOVES syndrome should be considered for quarterly abdominal ultrasonography until age 7 years. Screening may be most beneficial for patients under 3 years of age. ..
- Nakayama R, Pulice J, Valencia A, McBride M, McKenzie Z, Gillespie M, et al. SMARCB1 is required for widespread BAF complex-mediated activation of enhancers and bivalent promoters. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1613-1623 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate collaborative mechanisms of mSWI/SNF-mediated gene activation, identifying functions that are co-opted or abated to drive human cancers and developmental disorders. ..
- Khurana T, Watkins S, Kunkel L. The subcellular distribution of chromosome 6-encoded dystrophin-related protein in the brain. J Cell Biol. 1992;119:357-66 pubmed..The distribution of DRP is conserved across a large evolutionary distance, from mammals to elasmobranchs, suggesting that DRP may play a role in the maintenance of regional specializations in the brain. ..
- Emanuel E. The history of euthanasia debates in the United States and Britain. Ann Intern Med. 1994;121:793-802 pubmed
- Weber C, Alon R, Moser B, Springer T. Sequential regulation of alpha 4 beta 1 and alpha 5 beta 1 integrin avidity by CC chemokines in monocytes: implications for transendothelial chemotaxis. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:1063-73 pubmed..Transient activation and deactivation of VLA-4 may serve to facilitate transendothelial diapedesis, whereas late and prolonged activation of VLA-5 may mediate subsequent interactions with the basement membrane and extracellular matrix. ..
- Wright R, Magnani B, Shannon M, Woolf A. N-acetylcysteine reduces methemoglobin in vitro. Ann Emerg Med. 1996;28:499-503 pubmed..18 x time in minutes. Area under the concentration-time curve was also different among groups (P < .05). In this in vitro model, NAC reduced chemically induced methemoglobin. ..
- Nomura H, Turco A, Pei Y, Kalaydjieva L, Schiavello T, Weremowicz S, et al. Identification of PKDL, a novel polycystic kidney disease 2-like gene whose murine homologue is deleted in mice with kidney and retinal defects. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:25967-73 pubmed..The mouse homologue of PKDL is deleted in Krd mice, a deletion mutant with defects in the kidney and eye. We propose that PKDL is an excellent candidate for as yet unmapped cystic diseases in man and animals. ..
- Chen J, Silver D, Walpita D, Cantor S, Gazdar A, Tomlinson G, et al. Stable interaction between the products of the BRCA1 and BRCA2 tumor suppressor genes in mitotic and meiotic cells. Mol Cell. 1998;2:317-28 pubmed..Dysfunction of this pathway may be a general phenomenon in the majority of cases of hereditary breast and/or ovarian cancer. ..
- Frank K, Sekiguchi J, Seidl K, Swat W, Rathbun G, Cheng H, et al. Late embryonic lethality and impaired V(D)J recombination in mice lacking DNA ligase IV. Nature. 1998;396:173-7 pubmed..However, Ku-deficient mice are viable, so ligase IV must also be required for processes and/or in cell types in which Ku is dispensable. ..
- Sattler M, Griffin J. Mechanisms of transformation by the BCR/ABL oncogene. Int J Hematol. 2001;73:278-91 pubmed..This review will describe mechanisms of transformation by the BCR/ABL oncogene and opportunities for clinical intervention with specific signal transduction inhibitors such as STI-571 in CML. ..
- Zhai R, Liu G, Yang C, Huang C, Wu C, Christiani D. The G to C polymorphism at -174 of the interleukin-6 gene is rare in a Southern Chinese population. Pharmacogenetics. 2001;11:699-701 pubmed..Only one GC heterozygous and no CC homozygous variants were found. Our results suggest that the frequency of the C allele in this Chinese population is lower than in Caucasian and east Indian populations. ..
- Shi Y, Sawada J, Sui G, Affar E, Whetstine J, Lan F, et al. Coordinated histone modifications mediated by a CtBP co-repressor complex. Nature. 2003;422:735-8 pubmed..These findings identify a molecular mechanism by which CtBP mediates transcriptional repression and provide insight into CtBP participation in oncogenesis. ..
- Kattapuram T, Yang S, Maki J, Stone J. Protein kinase CK1alpha regulates mRNA binding by heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein C in response to physiologic levels of hydrogen peroxide. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:15340-7 pubmed..In contrast, hnRNP-C1 that was also modified at the CK1alpha phosphorylation sites exhibited a 14-500-fold decrease in binding affinity, demonstrating that CK1alpha-mediated phosphorylation modulates the mRNA binding ability of hnRNP-C. ..
- Kuang P, Joyce Brady M, Zhang X, Jean J, Goldstein R. Fibulin-5 gene expression in human lung fibroblasts is regulated by TGF-beta and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;291:C1412-21 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that induction of FBLN5 gene expression in lung fibroblasts is mediated via canonical TGF-beta/Smad signaling and requires the PI3-kinase/Akt pathway. ..
- Johnsen A, Plenge R, Butty V, Campbell C, Dieguez Gonzalez R, Gomez Reino J, et al. A broad analysis of IL1 polymorphism and rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:1947-57 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that, in the majority of cases, polymorphism in IL1A and IL1B is not a major contributor to genetic susceptibility to RA. ..
- Yoshida M, Jacques P, Meigs J, Saltzman E, Shea M, Gundberg C, et al. Effect of vitamin K supplementation on insulin resistance in older men and women. Diabetes Care. 2008;31:2092-6 pubmed publisher..Vitamin K supplementation for 36 months at doses attainable in the diet may reduce progression of insulin resistance in older men. ..
- Westerberg L, Klein C, Snapper S. Breakdown of T cell tolerance and autoimmunity in primary immunodeficiency--lessons learned from monogenic disorders in mice and men. Curr Opin Immunol. 2008;20:646-54 pubmed publisher..Finally, findings from PID have broadened our understanding of how homeostatic proliferation and increased load or decreased clearance of apoptotic cells and non-self pathogens can lead to breakdown of peripheral tolerance. ..
- Hariri S, Savidge E, Reinold M, Zachazewski J, Gill T. Treatment of recalcitrant iliotibial band friction syndrome with open iliotibial band bursectomy: indications, technique, and clinical outcomes. Am J Sports Med. 2009;37:1417-24 pubmed publisher..Iliotibial band bursectomy successfully reduces knee pain in patients with ITBFS and allows them to return to their preinjury level of activity. The great majority of patients were satisfied with the results of the procedure. ..
- Wegiel B, Baty C, Gallo D, Csizmadia E, Scott J, Akhavan A, et al. Cell surface biliverdin reductase mediates biliverdin-induced anti-inflammatory effects via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and Akt. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:21369-78 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings elucidate a potentially important new molecular mechanism by which BV, through the enzymatic activity and phosphorylation of surface BVR (BVR)(surf) modulates the inflammatory response. ..
- Ribaudo H, Benson C, Zheng Y, Koletar S, Collier A, Lok J, et al. No risk of myocardial infarction associated with initial antiretroviral treatment containing abacavir: short and long-term results from ACTG A5001/ALLRT. Clin Infect Dis. 2011;52:929-40 pubmed publisher..Traditional CVD risk factors should be the main focus in assessing CVD risk in individuals with human immunodeficiency virus infection. ..
- Etchin J, Kanki J, Look A. Zebrafish as a model for the study of human cancer. Methods Cell Biol. 2011;105:309-37 pubmed publisher..This chapter reviews a wide array of these zebrafish cancer models and illustrates the advantages of the zebrafish system for exploring the molecular mechanisms governing cancer-related cellular processes. ..
- Ehlinger E, Webster E, Kang H, Cangialose A, Simmons A, Barbas K, et al. Maternal cytomegalovirus-specific immune responses and symptomatic postnatal cytomegalovirus transmission in very low-birth-weight preterm infants. J Infect Dis. 2011;204:1672-82 pubmed publisher..However, the inverse correlation between milk CMV IgG avidity and CMV load may suggest that enhancement of maternal CMV-specific IgG responses could aid in reduction of CMV shedding into breast milk. ..
- de Wispelaere M, Yang P. Mutagenesis of the DI/DIII linker in dengue virus envelope protein impairs viral particle assembly. J Virol. 2012;86:7072-83 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest a critical and previously unidentified role for the E protein DI/DIII linker region during the DV2 assembly process...
- Károlyi M, Seifarth H, Liew G, Schlett C, Maurovich Horvat P, Stolzmann P, et al. Classification of coronary atherosclerotic plaques ex vivo with T1, T2, and ultrashort echo time CMR. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013;6:466-74 pubmed publisher..0001). The utilization of UTE CMR allows plaque calcification in the coronary arteries to be robustly detected. High-resolution CMR with T1, T2, and UTE contrast enables accurate classification of human coronary atherosclerotic plaque. ..
- Feres F, Costa R, Abizaid A, Leon M, Marin Neto J, Botelho R, et al. Three vs twelve months of dual antiplatelet therapy after zotarolimus-eluting stents: the OPTIMIZE randomized trial. JAMA. 2013;310:2510-22 pubmed publisher..clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01113372. ..
- Jackman T, DelMonaco A, Morgan E. Accuracy of finite element analyses of CT scans in predictions of vertebral failure patterns under axial compression and anterior flexion. J Biomech. 2016;49:267-75 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that further work is needed to develop methods of identifying physiological loading conditions for the vertebral body, for the purpose of achieving robust, patient-specific FE analyses of failure mechanisms. ..
- Lu C, Chu A, Li Z, Shen J, Subramanian S, Hill K. Assessing development assistance for child survival between 2000 and 2014: A multi-sectoral perspective. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178887 pubmed publisher..Investigation should also be made about the link between aid to each of the four sectors and child mortality reduction. ..
- Lin S, Wu Z, Cao L, Zhang Y, Leng Z, Guo Y, et al. Pituitary Tumor Suppression by Combination of Cabergoline and Chloroquine. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:3692-3703 pubmed publisher..Chloroquine (CQ) is an old drug widely used to treat malaria. Recent studies, including our own, have revealed that CAB and CQ are involved in induction of autophagy and activation of autophagic cell death...
- Thompson M, Ransom D, Pratt S, MacLennan H, Kieran M, Detrich H, et al. The cloche and spadetail genes differentially affect hematopoiesis and vasculogenesis. Dev Biol. 1998;197:248-69 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that the molecular mechanisms that regulate hematopoiesis and vasculogenesis have been conserved throughout vertebrate evolution and the clo and spt genes are key regulators of these programs. ..
- Guan L, Rauchman M, Wang Z. Induction of Rb-associated protein (RbAp46) by Wilms' tumor suppressor WT1 mediates growth inhibition. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:27047-50 pubmed..In the developing kidney and gonad, RbAp46 exhibits an expression pattern similar to that of WT1. We conclude that RbAp46 has strong growth inhibition activity and may function as an important mediator of WT1's function. ..
- Yu Q, Stamenkovic I. Localization of matrix metalloproteinase 9 to the cell surface provides a mechanism for CD44-mediated tumor invasion. Genes Dev. 1999;13:35-48 pubmed..Our observations indicate that CD44 serves to anchor MMP-9 on the cell surface and define a mechanism for CD44-mediated tumor invasion. ..
- Peli E. Field expansion for homonymous hemianopia by optically induced peripheral exotropia. Optom Vis Sci. 2000;77:453-64 pubmed..To describe a novel method for prism correction of hemianopia that provides field-of-view expansion in a convenient and functional format and to evaluate initial clinical application...
- Qiu F, Devchand P, Wada K, Serhan C. Aspirin-triggered lipoxin A4 and lipoxin A4 up-regulate transcriptional corepressor NAB1 in human neutrophils. FASEB J. 2001;15:2736-8 pubmed
- Straub J, Guevara J, Huo S, Lee J. Long time dynamic simulations: exploring the folding pathways of an Alzheimer's amyloid Abeta-peptide. Acc Chem Res. 2002;35:473-81 pubmed..The resulting transition pathways are analyzed in terms of the mechanism of conformational transition and the progression of the peptide energetics in both an aqueous and a membrane-mimicking nonpolar solvent. ..
- Samaras C. Creation of the virtual record through practice-management software and digital imaging. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2004;25:306, 310, 314-5 passim pubmed
- Eisner B, Shaikh M, Uppot R, Sahani D, Dretler S. Genitourinary imaging with noncontrast computerized tomography--are we missing duplex ureters?. J Urol. 2008;179:1445-8 pubmed publisher..Urologists and radiologists should be aware of this limitation and contrast studies should be done when anatomical anomalies are suspected. ..
- Enderling H, Alexander N, Clark E, Branch K, Estrada L, Crooke C, et al. Dependence of invadopodia function on collagen fiber spacing and cross-linking: computational modeling and experimental evidence. Biophys J. 2008;95:2203-18 pubmed publisher..These results provide a novel framework for further studies on ECM structure and modifications that affect invadopodia and tissue invasion by cells. ..
- Perkins A, Liteplo A, Noble V. Ultrasound diagnosis of type a aortic dissection. J Emerg Med. 2010;38:490-3 pubmed publisher..This case provides an example of how emergency trans-thoracic and abdominal ultrasound can be used to promptly diagnose a type A aortic dissection and expedite further consultation and prompt management. ..
- Sagar M, Laeyendecker O, Lee S, Gamiel J, Wawer M, Gray R, et al. Selection of HIV variants with signature genotypic characteristics during heterosexual transmission. J Infect Dis. 2009;199:580-9 pubmed publisher..A minority subset of HIV-1 variants with signature genotypes is favored for transmission in this population. ..
- Jack B, Chetty V, Anthony D, Greenwald J, Sanchez G, Johnson A, et al. A reengineered hospital discharge program to decrease rehospitalization: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2009;150:178-87 pubmed..A package of discharge services reduced hospital utilization within 30 days of discharge. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health. ..
- Berry S, Samelson E, Bordes M, Broe K, Kiel D. Survival of aged nursing home residents with hip fracture. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2009;64:771-7 pubmed publisher..Prevention strategies to reduce pressure ulcers and pneumonia may help reduce mortality in this frail population. ..
- Liu Q, Sun Y, Rihn S, Nolting A, Tsoukas P, Jost S, et al. Matrix metalloprotease inhibitors restore impaired NK cell-mediated antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection. J Virol. 2009;83:8705-12 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that MMP inhibitors may improve NK cell-mediated ADCC, which may provide subjects with an opportunity to harness the cytolytic power of NK cells through naturally occurring nonneutralizing HIV-specific antibodies. ..
- Gill T, Van de Velde S, Wing D, Oh L, Hosseini A, Li G. Tibiofemoral and patellofemoral kinematics after reconstruction of an isolated posterior cruciate ligament injury: in vivo analysis during lunge. Am J Sports Med. 2009;37:2377-85 pubmed publisher..The persistent abnormal mediolateral translation of the tibia, as well as decreased patellar rotation and tilt, provide a possible explanation for the development of cartilage degeneration after reconstruction of an isolated PCL injury. ..
- Ascherio A, LeWitt P, Xu K, Eberly S, Watts A, Matson W, et al. Urate as a predictor of the rate of clinical decline in Parkinson disease. Arch Neurol. 2009;66:1460-8 pubmed publisher..The findings strengthen the link between urate concentration and PD and the rationale for considering central nervous system urate concentration elevation as a potential strategy to slow PD progression. ..
- Bu D, Tarrio M, Grabie N, Zhang Y, Yamazaki H, Stavrakis G, et al. Statin-induced Krüppel-like factor 2 expression in human and mouse T cells reduces inflammatory and pathogenic responses. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:1961-70 pubmed publisher..We conclude that statins reduce inflammatory functions and pathogenic activity of T cells through KLF2-dependent mechanisms, and this pathway may be a potential therapeutic target for cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Chait R, Shrestha S, Shah A, Michel J, Kishony R. A differential drug screen for compounds that select against antibiotic resistance. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15179 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that our assay can more generally permit simple, direct screening for drugs based on their differential activity against different strains or targets. ..
- Jeon C, Calver A, Victor T, Warren R, Shin S, Murray M. Use of fluoroquinolone antibiotics leads to tuberculosis treatment delay in a South African gold mining community. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2011;15:77-83 pubmed..Short exposures to FQ do not routinely lead to resistance encoded by gyrA mutations. We recommend prudent use of FQ in settings with a high burden of human immunodeficiency virus and TB. ..
- ..Special considerations for giving feedback in palliative care are highlighted, including the effect of heightened emotion in the clinical encounter and the difficulties of giving feedback about communication skills. ..
- Mitchell A, Gilboa S, Werler M, Kelley K, Louik C, Hernandez diaz S. Medication use during pregnancy, with particular focus on prescription drugs: 1976-2008. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011;205:51.e1-8 pubmed publisher..These data reflect the widespread and growing use of medications by pregnant women and reinforce the need to study their respective fetal risks and safety. ..
- Strle K, Jones K, Drouin E, Li X, Steere A. Borrelia burgdorferi RST1 (OspC type A) genotype is associated with greater inflammation and more severe Lyme disease. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:2726-39 pubmed publisher..Thus, the B. burgdorferi RST1 (OspC type A) genotype, followed by the RST3 (OspC type I) genotype, causes greater inflammation and more severe disease, establishing a link between spirochetal virulence and host inflammation...
- Sanchez V, Abi Haidar Y, Itani K. Mesh infection in ventral incisional hernia repair: incidence, contributing factors, and treatment. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2011;12:205-10 pubmed publisher..Tactics to avoid mesh infection should be based on best evidence and high-quality prospective trials and observational studies. ..
- Roper J, Richardson M, Wang W, Richard L, Chen W, Coffee E, et al. The dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor NVP-BEZ235 induces tumor regression in a genetically engineered mouse model of PIK3CA wild-type colorectal cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25132 pubmed publisher..013). These studies provide the preclinical rationale for studies examining the efficacy of the dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor NVP-BEZ235 in treatment of PIK3CA wild-type CRC. ..
- Sitohy B, Nagy J, Dvorak H. Anti-VEGF/VEGFR therapy for cancer: reassessing the target. Cancer Res. 2012;72:1909-14 pubmed publisher..If therapies directed against the vasculature are to have a greater impact on human cancer, targets other than VEGF and its receptors will need to be identified on these resistant tumor vessels. ..
- Selamet Tierney E, Levine J, Chen S, Bradley T, Pearson G, Colan S, et al. Echocardiographic methods, quality review, and measurement accuracy in a randomized multicenter clinical trial of Marfan syndrome. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2013;26:657-66 pubmed publisher..5. The echocardiographic methodology, training, and quality review process resulted in a robust evaluation of aortic root dimensions, with excellent reproducibility. ..
- Fiedler J, Lividini K, Kabaghe G, Zulu R, Tehinse J, Bermudez O, et al. Assessing Zambia's industrial fortification options: getting beyond changes in prevalence and cost-effectiveness. Food Nutr Bull. 2013;34:501-19 pubmed..There exist highly cost-effective fortification intervention portfolios with substantial public health impacts and variable price tags that could help improve Zambians' nutrition status. ..
- Pisansky T, Pugh S, Greenberg R, Pervez N, Reed D, Rosenthal S, et al. Tadalafil for prevention of erectile dysfunction after radiotherapy for prostate cancer: the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group  randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2014;311:1300-7 pubmed publisher..These findings do not support daily use of tadalafil to prevent erectile dysfunction in these patients. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00931528. ..
- Mitra M, Mouradian V, Fox M, Pratt C. Prevalence and Characteristics of Sexual Violence Against Men with Disabilities. Am J Prev Med. 2016;50:311-317 pubmed publisher..Given the relatively high prevalence of sexual violence among people with disabilities of both genders, sexual assault screening, prevention, and response efforts need to be inclusive and attentive to all people with disabilities. ..
- O Rahilly S, Choi W, Patel P, Turner R, Flier J, Moller D. Detection of mutations in insulin-receptor gene in NIDDM patients by analysis of single-stranded conformation polymorphisms. Diabetes. 1991;40:777-82 pubmed..SSCP analysis is a sensitive rapid method for screening for mutations in the insulin-receptor gene.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Monden T, Wondisford F, Hollenberg A. Isolation and characterization of a novel ligand-dependent thyroid hormone receptor-coactivating protein. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:29834-41 pubmed..When linked to the GAL4 DNA-binding domain, p120 is an activator of transcription alone. Thus, p120 satisfies a number of important criteria as a nuclear receptor coactivator. ..
- Dangond F, Foerznler D, Weremowicz S, Morton C, Beier D, Gullans S. Cloning and expression of a murine histone deacetylase 3 (mHdac3) cDNA and mapping to a region of conserved synteny between murine chromosome 18 and human chromosome 5. Mol Cell Biol Res Commun. 1999;2:91-6 pubmed..3-q32 telomeric to the cytokine gene cluster. Transfection of mHdac3 into HeLa cells led to accumulation in G2/M. Our results suggest a cell cycle function for murine Hdac3, reflecting the complex regulatory roles of this gene family. ..
- Fortescue E, Kaushal R, Landrigan C, McKenna K, Clapp M, Federico F, et al. Prioritizing strategies for preventing medication errors and adverse drug events in pediatric inpatients. Pediatrics. 2003;111:722-9 pubmed..Development, implementation, and assessment of such interventions in the pediatric inpatient setting are needed. ..
- Schulze P, Yoshioka J, Takahashi T, He Z, King G, Lee R. Hyperglycemia promotes oxidative stress through inhibition of thioredoxin function by thioredoxin-interacting protein. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30369-74 pubmed..These studies implicate reduced thioredoxin activity through interaction with Txnip as an important mechanism for vascular oxidative stress in diabetes mellitus. ..
- Simons A, Horwitz A, Starita L, Griffin K, Williams R, Glover J, et al. BRCA1 DNA-binding activity is stimulated by BARD1. Cancer Res. 2006;66:2012-8 pubmed
- Shah L, Amiji M. Intracellular delivery of saquinavir in biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles for HIV/AIDS. Pharm Res. 2006;23:2638-45 pubmed..This study shows that PEO-PCL nanoparticles provide a versatile platform for encapsulation of saquinavir and subsequent intracellular delivery in Mo/Mac cells. ..
- Zhang Y, Terkeltaub R, Nevitt M, Xu L, Neogi T, Aliabadi P, et al. Lower prevalence of chondrocalcinosis in Chinese subjects in Beijing than in white subjects in the United States: the Beijing Osteoarthritis Study. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:3508-12 pubmed..Data on its prevalence are scarce in other ethnic populations. This study was undertaken to compare the prevalence of chondrocalcinosis in Chinese subjects with that in white subjects...
- Sun Y, Oh S, Uddin J, Yang R, Gotlinger K, Campbell E, et al. Resolvin D1 and its aspirin-triggered 17R epimer. Stereochemical assignments, anti-inflammatory properties, and enzymatic inactivation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:9323-34 pubmed..These results may contribute to the beneficial actions of aspirin and omega-3 fish oils in humans. ..
- Eichler F, Van Haren K. Immune response in leukodystrophies. Pediatr Neurol. 2007;37:235-44 pubmed..Future studies may delineate specific inflammatory markers as possible candidates for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Wu E, Patel P, Mody R, Yu A, Cahill K, Tang J, et al. Frequency, risk, and cost of gout-related episodes among the elderly: does serum uric acid level matter?. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:1032-40 pubmed publisher..001). Higher SUA levels are associated with increased frequency and risk of gout episode, and with higher total and gout-related direct healthcare costs per episode. ..
- Choe H, Farzan M. Chapter 7. Tyrosine sulfation of HIV-1 coreceptors and other chemokine receptors. Methods Enzymol. 2009;461:147-70 pubmed publisher..Here we describe the use of these various approaches to study the role of tyrosine sulfation of chemokine receptors in ligand binding and HIV-1 entry. ..
- Zwicker J. Impedance-based flow cytometry for the measurement of microparticles. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2010;36:819-23 pubmed publisher..This review details the rationale for employing impedance-based flow cytometry in the measurement of blood-borne microparticles. ..