Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hct116 cells in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: hct116 cells
- Zhao Y, Alonso C, Ballester I, Song J, Chang S, Guleng B, et al. Control of NOD2 and Rip2-dependent innate immune activation by GEF-H1. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012;18:603-12 pubmed publisher..GEF-H1 connects tyrosine kinase function to NOD-like receptor signaling and is fundamental to the regulation of microbial recognition by ubiquitous innate immune mechanisms mediated by Rip2 kinase. ..
- Sun Y, Li X. The canonical wnt signal restricts the glycogen synthase kinase 3/fbw7-dependent ubiquitination and degradation of eya1 phosphatase. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:2409-17 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings reveal that the canonical Wnt and PI3K/Akt signal pathways restrain the GSK3/Fbw7-dependent Eya1 ubiquitination, and they further suggest that dysregulation of this novel axis contributes to tumorigenesis. ..
- Lu C, Chen J, Xu H, Zhou X, He Q, Li Y, et al. MIR106B and MIR93 prevent removal of bacteria from epithelial cells by disrupting ATG16L1-mediated autophagy. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:188-99 pubmed publisher..In human cell lines, MIR106B and MIR93 reduce levels of ATG16L1 and autophagy and prevent autophagy-dependent eradication of intracellular bacteria. This process also appears to be altered in colon tissues from patients with active CD. ..
- Coffee E, Faber A, Roper J, Sinnamon M, Goel G, Keung L, et al. Concomitant BRAF and PI3K/mTOR blockade is required for effective treatment of BRAF(V600E) colorectal cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:2688-98 pubmed publisher..We have established a novel GEMM to interrogate BRAF(V600E) CRC biology and identify more efficacious treatment strategies. Combination BRAF and PI3K/mTOR inhibitor treatment should be explored in clinical trials. ..
- Lal A, Thomas M, Altschuler G, Navarro F, O Day E, Li X, et al. Capture of microRNA-bound mRNAs identifies the tumor suppressor miR-34a as a regulator of growth factor signaling. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002363 pubmed publisher..Thus miR-34a tempers the proliferative and pro-survival effect of growth factor stimulation by interfering with growth factor signal transduction and downstream pathways required for cell division. ..
- Roper J, Richardson M, Wang W, Richard L, Chen W, Coffee E, et al. The dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor NVP-BEZ235 induces tumor regression in a genetically engineered mouse model of PIK3CA wild-type colorectal cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25132 pubmed publisher..013). These studies provide the preclinical rationale for studies examining the efficacy of the dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor NVP-BEZ235 in treatment of PIK3CA wild-type CRC. ..
- Yin L, Huang L, Kufe D. MUC1 oncoprotein activates the FOXO3a transcription factor in a survival response to oxidative stress. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:45721-7 pubmed..These findings indicate that MUC1 regulates the FOXO3a signaling pathway in a survival response to oxidative stress. ..
- Du W, Wu J, Walsh E, Zhang Y, Chen C, Xiao Z. Nutlin-3 affects expression and function of retinoblastoma protein: role of retinoblastoma protein in cellular response to nutlin-3. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26315-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Rb plays a critical role in influencing cellular response to activation of p53 pathway by nutlin-3. ..
- Zhan Y, Ginanni N, Tota M, Wu M, Bays N, Richon V, et al. Control of cell growth and survival by enzymes of the fatty acid synthesis pathway in HCT-116 colon cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:5735-42 pubmed publisher..The experimental approach described here may be extended to other targets or disease-relevant pathways to identify steps suitable for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Teer J, Machida Y, Labit H, Novac O, Hyrien O, Marheineke K, et al. Proliferating human cells hypomorphic for origin recognition complex 2 and pre-replicative complex formation have a defect in p53 activation and Cdk2 kinase activation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:6253-60 pubmed..The results suggest that hypomorphic mutations in initiation factor genes may be particularly deleterious in cancers with mutant p53 or increased activity of Cyclin E/Cdk2. ..
- Papageorgis P, Cheng K, Ozturk S, Gong Y, Lambert A, Abdolmaleky H, et al. Smad4 inactivation promotes malignancy and drug resistance of colon cancer. Cancer Res. 2011;71:998-1008 pubmed publisher..These findings are also consistent with targeting TGF?-induced auxiliary pathways, such as MEK-ERK, and p38-MAPK and the glycolytic cascade, in SMAD4-deficient tumors as attractive strategies for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Zhou X, Munger K. Clld7, a candidate tumor suppressor on chromosome 13q14, regulates pathways of DNA damage/repair and apoptosis. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9434-43 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, depletion of Clld7 in normal human epithelial cells conferred resistance to apoptosis triggered by DNA damage. Taken together, the biological actions of Clld7 are consistent with those of a tumor suppressor. ..
- Guarani V, Paulo J, Zhai B, Huttlin E, Gygi S, Harper J. TIMMDC1/C3orf1 functions as a membrane-embedded mitochondrial complex I assembly factor through association with the MCIA complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:847-61 pubmed publisher..This study defines a new membrane-embedded CI assembly factor and provides a resource for further analysis of CI biology. ..
- Kalabis J, Rosenberg I, Podolsky D. Vangl1 protein acts as a downstream effector of intestinal trefoil factor (ITF)/TFF3 signaling and regulates wound healing of intestinal epithelium. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:6434-41 pubmed..Vangl1 protein may serve as an effector mediating the ITF healing response of the intestinal mucosa. ..