Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene duplication in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: gene duplication
- Fischer S, Montgomery T, Zhang C, Fahlgren N, Breen P, Hwang A, et al. The ERI-6/7 helicase acts at the first stage of an siRNA amplification pathway that targets recent gene duplications. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002369 pubmed publisher..Thus, like several other siRNA-associated Argonautes with a conserved RNaseH motif, ERGO-1 appears to be required for siRNA maturation. ..
- Mariotti M, Ridge P, Zhang Y, Lobanov A, Pringle T, Guigo R, et al. Composition and evolution of the vertebrate and mammalian selenoproteomes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33066 pubmed publisher..This analysis represents the first comprehensive survey of the vertebrate and mammal selenoproteomes, and depicts their evolution along lineages. It also provides a wealth of information on these selenoproteins and their forms. ..
- Boettger L, Handsaker R, Zody M, McCarroll S. Structural haplotypes and recent evolution of the human 17q21.31 region. Nat Genet. 2012;44:881-5 pubmed publisher..An older H2 form lacking such a duplication is present at low frequency in European and central African hunter-gatherer populations. We further show that complex genome structures can be analyzed by imputation from SNPs. ..
- Lane A, Chapuy B, Lin C, Tivey T, Li H, Townsend E, et al. Triplication of a 21q22 region contributes to B cell transformation through HMGN1 overexpression and loss of histone H3 Lys27 trimethylation. Nat Genet. 2014;46:618-23 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of HMGN1, a nucleosome remodeling protein encoded on chromosome 21q22 (refs. 3,4,5), suppresses H3K27me3 and promotes both B cell proliferation in vitro and B-ALL in vivo. ..
- Ewen Campen B, Mohr S, Hu Y, Perrimon N. Accessing the Phenotype Gap: Enabling Systematic Investigation of Paralog Functional Complexity with CRISPR. Dev Cell. 2017;43:6-9 pubmed publisher..We discuss the complexity associated with studying paralogs and outline how recent advances in CRISPR will help address the "phenotype gap" and impact biomedical research. ..