Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on chromosome mapping in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: chromosome mapping
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- Yang X, Zola J, Aluru S. Large-scale metagenomic sequence clustering on map-reduce clusters. J Bioinform Comput Biol. 2013;11:1340001 pubmed publisher..We show that the resulting framework can produce high quality clustering of metagenomic samples consisting of millions of reads, in reasonable time limits, when executed on a modest size cluster. ..
- Fudenberg G, Imakaev M. FISH-ing for captured contacts: towards reconciling FISH and 3C. Nat Methods. 2017;14:673-678 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that cross-validation of Hi-C and FISH should be carefully designed, and that jointly considering contact frequency and spatial distance is crucial for fully understanding chromosome organization...
- Zamore P, Patton J, Green M. Cloning and domain structure of the mammalian splicing factor U2AF. Nature. 1992;355:609-14 pubmed..It contains two functional domains: a sequence-specific RNA-binding region composed of three ribonucleoprotein-consensus sequence domains, and an arginine/serine-rich motif necessary for splicing but not for binding to pre-mRNA. ..
- Dietrich W, Damron D, Isberg R, Lander E, Swanson M. Lgn1, a gene that determines susceptibility to Legionella pneumophila, maps to mouse chromosome 13. Genomics. 1995;26:443-50 pubmed..In the absence of any regional candidates for Lgn1, this map position will facilitate positional cloning attempts directed at this gene. ..
- Wang L, Manji G, Grenier J, Al Garawi A, Merriam S, Lora J, et al. PYPAF7, a novel PYRIN-containing Apaf1-like protein that regulates activation of NF-kappa B and caspase-1-dependent cytokine processing. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29874-80 pubmed..These findings indicate that PYPAF family members participate in inflammatory signaling by regulating the activation of NF-kappa B and cytokine processing. ..
- Speliotes E, Willer C, Berndt S, Monda K, Thorleifsson G, Jackson A, et al. Association analyses of 249,796 individuals reveal 18 new loci associated with body mass index. Nat Genet. 2010;42:937-48 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, genes in other newly associated loci may provide new insights into human body weight regulation. ..
- Cutting S, Zheng L, Losick R. Gene encoding two alkali-soluble components of the spore coat from Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:2915-9 pubmed..The map position of cotF is 349 degrees. Transcription of cotF commenced coincidently (during h 6 of sporulation) with genes known to be under the control of sporulation transcription factor sigma kappa. ..
- Guijarro J, Santamaria R, Schauer A, Losick R. Promoter determining the timing and spatial localization of transcription of a cloned Streptomyces coelicolor gene encoding a spore-associated polypeptide. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:1895-901 pubmed
- Martinez Cruzado J, Swimmer C, Fenerjian M, Kafatos F. Evolution of the autosomal chorion locus in Drosophila. I. General organization of the locus and sequence comparisons of genes s15 and s19 in evolutionary distant species. Genetics. 1988;119:663-77 pubmed..Highlighted by a background of extensive sequence divergence elsewhere in the extragenic region, highly conserved elements are observed in the 5' flanking DNA and might represent regulatory elements. ..
- Kozlova T, Semeshin V, Tretyakova I, Kokoza E, Pirrotta V, Grafodatskaya V, et al. Molecular and cytogenetical characterization of the 10A1-2 band and adjoining region in the Drosophila melanogaster polytene X chromosome. Genetics. 1994;136:1063-73 pubmed..In contrast, the 10A1-2 band contains three genes and at least six transcribed DNA fragments. (3) Comparison of genetic and physical maps shows that in this region 0.01 centiMorgan corresponds to 3.3 kb of DNA. ..
- Parsch J, Meiklejohn C, Hartl D. Patterns of DNA sequence variation suggest the recent action of positive selection in the janus-ocnus region of Drosophila simulans. Genetics. 2001;159:647-57 pubmed..melanogaster sequence, indicating that it was the ancestral form. These results suggest that the derived haplotype has risen to high worldwide frequency relatively recently, most likely as a result of natural selection...
- Parsons Y, Shaw K. Mapping unexplored genomes: a genetic linkage map of the Hawaiian cricket Laupala. Genetics. 2002;162:1275-82 pubmed..The integration of codominant markers enabled the identification of five homologous linkage groups corresponding to five of the seven autosomal chromosomal pairs found in Laupala. ..
- Raychaudhuri S, Remmers E, Lee A, Hackett R, Guiducci C, Burtt N, et al. Common variants at CD40 and other loci confer risk of rheumatoid arthritis. Nat Genet. 2008;40:1216-23 pubmed publisher..1 x 10(-7) overall), CDK6 (rs42041, P = 0.010 replication, P = 4.0 x 10(-6) overall), PRKCQ (rs4750316, P = 0.0078 replication, P = 4.4 x 10(-6) overall), and KIF5A-PIP4K2C (rs1678542, P = 0.0026 replication, P = 8.8 x 10(-8) overall). ..
- Rodrigue S, Malmstrom R, Berlin A, Birren B, Henn M, Chisholm S. Whole genome amplification and de novo assembly of single bacterial cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6864 pubmed publisher..The methods describe in this paper will be useful for sequencing genomes of individual cells from a variety of samples. ..
- Fujita M, Edwards S, Ponting C. The Anolis lizard genome: an amniote genome without isochores. Genome Biol Evol. 2011;3:974-84 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that GC composition in Anolis is not associated with important features of genome structure, including gene density and intron size, in contrast to patterns seen in mammal and bird genomes. ..
- Ward L, Kellis M. Interpreting noncoding genetic variation in complex traits and human disease. Nat Biotechnol. 2012;30:1095-106 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, advances in regulatory and systems genomics can help unleash the value of whole-genome sequencing for personalized genomic risk assessment, diagnosis and treatment. ..
- Pini F, De Nisco N, Ferri L, Penterman J, Fioravanti A, Brilli M, et al. Cell Cycle Control by the Master Regulator CtrA in Sinorhizobium meliloti. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005232 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide valuable insight into how highly conserved genetic networks can evolve, possibly to fit the diverse lifestyles of different bacteria. ..
- Sloma A, Rufo G, Rudolph C, Sullivan B, Theriault K, Pero J. Bacillopeptidase F of Bacillus subtilis: purification of the protein and cloning of the gene. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:1470-7 pubmed..The bpr gene mapped near pyrD on the chromosome and was not required for growth or sporulation. ..
- Silver S, Chen F, Doyon L, Zink A, Rebay I. New class of Son-of-sevenless (Sos) alleles highlights the complexities of Sos function. Genesis. 2004;39:263-72 pubmed..These alleles provide new tools for future investigations of SOS-mediated activation of both RAS and RAC and how these dual roles are coordinated and coregulated during development. ..
- Behlke M, Bogan J, Beer Romero P, Page D. Evidence that the SRY protein is encoded by a single exon on the human Y chromosome. Genomics. 1993;17:736-9 pubmed..Within this CpG island lies the sequence CGCCCCGC, a potential binding site for the EGR-1/WT1 family of transcription factors, some of which appear to function in gonadal development. ..
- Lohe A, Hilliker A. Return of the H-word (heterochromatin). Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1995;5:746-55 pubmed
- Newfeld S, Padgett R, Findley S, Richter B, Sanicola M, de Cuevas M, et al. Molecular evolution at the decapentaplegic locus in Drosophila. Genetics. 1997;145:297-309 pubmed..An examination of cDNA sequences representing five classes of dpp transcripts indicates that these transcripts encode the same polypeptide. ..
- Singer J, Hill A, Nadeau J, Lander E. Mapping quantitative trait loci for anxiety in chromosome substitution strains of mice. Genetics. 2005;169:855-62 pubmed..We also identified specific effects on open-field defecation and center avoidance and distinguished them from overall open-field activity. ..
- Roels S, Driks A, Losick R. Characterization of spoIVA, a sporulation gene involved in coat morphogenesis in Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:575-85 pubmed..Based on these and other findings, we infer that the spoIVA gene product is a morphogenetic protein; we discuss its role in the deposition of coat polypeptides around the developing forespore. ..
- Rutledge B, Mortin M, Schwarz E, Thierry Mieg D, Meselson M. Genetic interactions of modifier genes and modifiable alleles in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1988;119:391-7 pubmed..Implications of these results for models of modifier gene action are discussed. ..
- Misumi D, Nagle D, McGrail S, Dussault B, Smutko J, Chen H, et al. The physical and genetic map surrounding the Lyst gene on mouse chromosome 13. Genomics. 1997;40:147-50 pubmed..These data are consistent with LYST being the gene for the human Chediak-Higashi Syndrome and strengthen the synteny relationship between MMU13 and human 1q43. ..
- Bates D, Kleckner N. Chromosome and replisome dynamics in E. coli: loss of sister cohesion triggers global chromosome movement and mediates chromosome segregation. Cell. 2005;121:899-911 pubmed..We propose that cell division licenses the next round of replication initiation via these changes. ..
- Tao Y, Araripe L, Kingan S, Ke Y, Xiao H, Hartl D. A sex-ratio meiotic drive system in Drosophila simulans. II: an X-linked distorter. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e293 pubmed..We postulate that recurrent bouts of sex-ratio meiotic drive and its subsequent suppression might underlie several common features observed in the heterogametic sex, including meiotic sex chromosome inactivation and achiasmy. ..
- Sidow A, Bulotsky M, Kerrebrock A, Bronson R, Daly M, Reeve M, et al. Serrate2 is disrupted in the mouse limb-development mutant syndactylism. Nature. 1997;389:722-5 pubmed..In addition to cloning the sm gene, we have mapped three modifiers of sm, for which we suggest possible candidate genes. ..
- Pokholok D, Harbison C, Levine S, Cole M, Hannett N, Lee T, et al. Genome-wide map of nucleosome acetylation and methylation in yeast. Cell. 2005;122:517-27 pubmed..These maps provide the foundation for further understanding the roles of chromatin in gene expression and genome maintenance. ..
- Ulianov S, Khrameeva E, Gavrilov A, Flyamer I, Kos P, Mikhaleva E, et al. Active chromatin and transcription play a key role in chromosome partitioning into topologically associating domains. Genome Res. 2016;26:70-84 pubmed publisher..Finally, we test this hypothesis by polymer simulations and find that TAD partitioning may be explained by different modes of inter-nucleosomal interactions for active and inactive chromatin. ..
- Zheng L, Donovan W, Fitz James P, Losick R. Gene encoding a morphogenic protein required in the assembly of the outer coat of the Bacillus subtilis endospore. Genes Dev. 1988;2:1047-54 pubmed
- Crosby M, Miller C, Alon T, Watson K, Verrijzer C, Goldman Levi R, et al. The trithorax group gene moira encodes a brahma-associated putative chromatin-remodeling factor in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1159-70 pubmed..These observations provide a molecular explanation for the phenotypic and genetic relationships among several of the trxG genes by suggesting that they encode evolutionarily conserved components of a chromatin-remodeling complex. ..
- Wang P, Saraswati S, Guan Z, Watkins C, Wurtman R, Littleton J. A Drosophila temperature-sensitive seizure mutant in phosphoglycerate kinase disrupts ATP generation and alters synaptic function. J Neurosci. 2004;24:4518-29 pubmed..Given the behavioral similarities between disruptions of PGK function in Drosophila and humans, the analysis of nubian animals may reveal conserved neuronal responses associated with altered ATP generation within the brain. ..
- Nagoshi R, Gelbart W. Molecular and recombinational mapping of mutations in the Ace locus of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1987;117:487-502 pubmed..The position and extent of the Ace locus, as well as the types of transcripts found, is consistent with the recent findings which identified Torpedo-AChE homologous cDNA sequences in this region. ..
- Hamilton B, Frankel W, Kerrebrock A, Hawkins T, FitzHugh W, Kusumi K, et al. Disruption of the nuclear hormone receptor RORalpha in staggerer mice. Nature. 1996;379:736-9 pubmed..We propose a model based on these results, in which RORalpha interacts with the thyroid hormone signalling pathway to induce Purkinje-cell maturation. ..
- Resnekov O, Driks A, Losick R. Identification and characterization of sporulation gene spoVS from Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:5628-35 pubmed..The implications of the contrasting phenotypes are discussed in the context of the formation and maturation of the polar septum. ..
- Brott B, Alessandrini A, Largaespada D, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Crews C, et al. MEK2 is a kinase related to MEK1 and is differentially expressed in murine tissues. Cell Growth Differ. 1993;4:921-9 pubmed..Recombinant MEK2 produced in bacteria phosphorylates a kinase-inactive Erk-1 on tyrosine and threonine, whereas a kinase-inactive mutant MEK2 does not. These findings suggest that MEK2 is a member of a multigene family. ..
- Tartaglia L, Dembski M, Weng X, Deng N, Culpepper J, Devos R, et al. Identification and expression cloning of a leptin receptor, OB-R. Cell. 1995;83:1263-71 pubmed..Genetic mapping of the gene encoding OB-R shows that it is within the 5.1 cM interval of mouse chromosome 4 that contains the db locus. ..
- Shworak N, Liu J, Petros L, Zhang L, Kobayashi M, Copeland N, et al. Multiple isoforms of heparan sulfate D-glucosaminyl 3-O-sulfotransferase. Isolation, characterization, and expression of human cdnas and identification of distinct genomic loci. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5170-84 pubmed..Moreover, the extensive number of 3OST genes with diverse expression patterns of multiple transcripts suggests that the novel 3-OST enzymes, like 3-OST-1, regulate important biologic properties of heparan sulfate proteoglycans. ..
- von Grotthuss M, Plewczynski D, Ginalski K, Rychlewski L, Shakhnovich E. PDB-UF: database of predicted enzymatic functions for unannotated protein structures from structural genomics. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:53 pubmed..http://paradox.harvard.edu/PDB-UF and http://bioinfo.pl/PDB-UF. ..
- Liu C, Batliwalla F, Li W, Lee A, Roubenoff R, Beckman E, et al. Genome-wide association scan identifies candidate polymorphisms associated with differential response to anti-TNF treatment in rheumatoid arthritis. Mol Med. 2008;14:575-81 pubmed publisher..Replications of these results in independent and larger data sets clearly are required. We provide a reference list of candidate SNPs (P < 0.01) that can be investigated in future pharmacogenomic studies. ..
- Dorsett D, Viglianti G, Rutledge B, Meselson M. Alteration of hsp82 gene expression by the gypsy transposon and suppressor genes in Drosophila melanogaster. Genes Dev. 1989;3:454-68 pubmed
- Nicholls R, Gelbart W. Identification of chromosomal regions involved in decapentaplegic function in Drosophila. Genetics. 1998;149:203-15 pubmed..As neither of these regions has been previously implicated in dpp function, we propose that each of the deficiencies removes a novel factor or factors required for dpp function. ..
- Yekta S, Tabin C, Bartel D. MicroRNAs in the Hox network: an apparent link to posterior prevalence. Nat Rev Genet. 2008;9:789-96 pubmed publisher..In this way, miRNA-mediated regulation seems to recapitulate interactions at other levels of gene expression, some more ancestral, within a network under stabilizing selection. ..
- Jones R, Gelbart W. Genetic analysis of the enhancer of zeste locus and its role in gene regulation in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1990;126:185-99 pubmed..We propose that the E(z) loss-of-function eye color and homeotic phenotypes may both be due to gene derepression, and that the E(z)+ product may be a general repressing factor required for both examples of negative gene regulation. ..
- Veldman G, Bean K, Cumming D, Eddy R, Sait S, Shows T. Genomic organization and chromosomal localization of the gene encoding human P-selectin glycoprotein ligand. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:16470-5 pubmed
- Hamilton B, Smith D, Mueller K, Kerrebrock A, Bronson R, van Berkel V, et al. The vibrator mutation causes neurodegeneration via reduced expression of PITP alpha: positional complementation cloning and extragenic suppression. Neuron. 1997;18:711-22 pubmed..The vibrator phenotype is suppressed in one intercross. We performed a complete genome scan and mapped a major suppressor locus (Mvb-1) to proximal chromosome 19. ..
- Blitzblau H, Bell G, Rodriguez J, Bell S, Hochwagen A. Mapping of meiotic single-stranded DNA reveals double-stranded-break hotspots near centromeres and telomeres. Curr Biol. 2007;17:2003-12 pubmed..At least two levels of regulation govern crossover distribution: where the initiating DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) occur and whether those DSBs are repaired as crossovers...
- Dube J, Wang P, Elvin J, Lyons K, Celeste A, Matzuk M. The bone morphogenetic protein 15 gene is X-linked and expressed in oocytes. Mol Endocrinol. 1998;12:1809-17 pubmed..Our findings will be important for defining the role of BMP-15 in follicular development. ..
- Sampson N, Ryan S, Enke D, Cosgrove D, Koteliansky V, Gotwals P. Global gene expression analysis reveals a role for the alpha 1 integrin in renal pathogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:34182-8 pubmed
- Schneider P, Olson D, Tardivel A, Browning B, Lugovskoy A, Gong D, et al. Identification of a new murine tumor necrosis factor receptor locus that contains two novel murine receptors for tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL). J Biol Chem. 2003;278:5444-54 pubmed
- Castillo Davis C, Hartl D, Achaz G. cis-Regulatory and protein evolution in orthologous and duplicate genes. Genome Res. 2004;14:1530-6 pubmed
- Gu H, Bock C, Mikkelsen T, Jäger N, Smith Z, Tomazou E, et al. Genome-scale DNA methylation mapping of clinical samples at single-nucleotide resolution. Nat Methods. 2010;7:133-6 pubmed publisher..Thirty nanograms of DNA was sufficient for genome-scale analysis and our protocol worked well on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples. ..
- Weiss K, Kimura Y, Lee W, Littleton J. Huntingtin aggregation kinetics and their pathological role in a Drosophila Huntington's disease model. Genetics. 2012;190:581-600 pubmed publisher..The most robust suppressors reduced both soluble and aggregated Huntingtin levels, suggesting toxicity is likely to be associated with both forms of the mutant protein in Huntington's disease. ..
- Simpson E, Page D. An interstitial deletion in mouse Y chromosomal DNA created a transcribed Zfy fusion gene. Genomics. 1991;11:601-8 pubmed..We suggest that not only Zfy but also other neighboring genes such as Spy and Hya may exist in two copies on the Y as the result of a large tandem duplication during rodent evolution. ..
- Michelson A, Abmayr S, Bate M, Arias A, Maniatis T. Expression of a MyoD family member prefigures muscle pattern in Drosophila embryos. Genes Dev. 1990;4:2086-97 pubmed..These observations establish nau as the earliest known marker of myogenesis in Drosophila and indicate that this gene may be a key determinant of pattern formation in the embryonic mesoderm. ..
- Schmidt R, Decatur A, Rather P, Moran C, Losick R. Bacillus subtilis lon protease prevents inappropriate transcription of genes under the control of the sporulation transcription factor sigma G. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:6528-37 pubmed..An integrated physical and genetic map is presented that encompasses 36 kb of uninterrupted DNA sequence from the lon pheA region of the chromosome, corresponding to 245 degrees to 239 degrees on the genetic map. ..
- Lee J, Coyne R, Dubreuil R, Goldstein L, Branton D. Cell shape and interaction defects in alpha-spectrin mutants of Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Biol. 1993;123:1797-809 pubmed
- Xu L, Ajimura M, Padmore R, Klein C, Kleckner N. NDT80, a meiosis-specific gene required for exit from pachytene in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:6572-81 pubmed
- Busfield S, Michnick D, Chickering T, Revett T, Ma J, Woolf E, et al. Characterization of a neuregulin-related gene, Don-1, that is highly expressed in restricted regions of the cerebellum and hippocampus. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:4007-14 pubmed..In contrast to those of neuregulin, high levels of expression of Don-1 are restricted to the cerebellum and dentate gyrus in the adult brain and to fetal tissues. ..
- Charest A, Lane K, McMahon K, Park J, Preisinger E, Conroy H, et al. Fusion of FIG to the receptor tyrosine kinase ROS in a glioblastoma with an interstitial del(6)(q21q21). Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2003;37:58-71 pubmed..This is the first example of a fusion RTK protein that results from an intra-chromosomal deletion, and it represents the first fusion RTK protein isolated from a human astrocytoma. ..
- Mortin M, Zuerner R, Berger S, Hamilton B. Mutations in the second-largest subunit of Drosophila RNA polymerase II interact with Ubx. Genetics. 1992;131:895-903 pubmed..Three RpII140 alleles cause a transformation of capitellum to wing but unlike RpII215 alleles, only when the concentration of Ubx protein is reduced by mutations in Ubx. ..
- Cao L, Alani E, Kleckner N. A pathway for generation and processing of double-strand breaks during meiotic recombination in S. cerevisiae. Cell. 1990;61:1089-101 pubmed..More importantly, these observations begin to define a pathway for the physical changes in DNA that lead to recombination and to define the roles of meiotic recombination functions in that pathway. ..
- Desai C, Horvitz H. Caenorhabditis elegans mutants defective in the functioning of the motor neurons responsible for egg laying. Genetics. 1989;121:703-21 pubmed..Mutations in no more than 4 of the 15 genes specifically affect the HSNs, indicating that there are few genes with functions needed only in this single type of nerve cell. ..
- McCormick J, Su E, Driks A, Losick R. Growth and viability of Streptomyces coelicolor mutant for the cell division gene ftsZ. Mol Microbiol. 1994;14:243-54 pubmed
- Wutz A, Rasmussen T, Jaenisch R. Chromosomal silencing and localization are mediated by different domains of Xist RNA. Nat Genet. 2002;30:167-74 pubmed..Association of Xist RNA with chromatin is mediated by functionally redundant sequences that act cooperatively and are dispersed throughout the remainder of Xist but show little or no homology. ..
- Ernst J, Kheradpour P, Mikkelsen T, Shoresh N, Ward L, Epstein C, et al. Mapping and analysis of chromatin state dynamics in nine human cell types. Nature. 2011;473:43-9 pubmed publisher..Our study presents a general framework for deciphering cis-regulatory connections and their roles in disease. ..
- Birchler J, Hiebert J, Rabinow L. Interaction of the mottler of white with transposable element alleles at the white locus in Drosophila melanogaster. Genes Dev. 1989;3:73-84 pubmed..These results suggest that several retrotransposon-induced alleles share an RNA processing function encoded by mw. ..
- Karlsson E, Baranowska I, Wade C, Salmon Hillbertz N, Zody M, Anderson N, et al. Efficient mapping of mendelian traits in dogs through genome-wide association. Nat Genet. 2007;39:1321-8 pubmed
- Irish V, Gelbart W. The decapentaplegic gene is required for dorsal-ventral patterning of the Drosophila embryo. Genes Dev. 1987;1:868-79 pubmed
- MacMurray A, Shin H. The antimorphic nature of the Tc allele at the mouse T locus. Genetics. 1988;120:545-50 pubmed..The apparent correlation between the gene dosage at the T locus and the length of the body axis is discussed. ..
- Bender J, Fink G. Epigenetic control of an endogenous gene family is revealed by a novel blue fluorescent mutant of Arabidopsis. Cell. 1995;83:725-34 pubmed..Revertant lines display coordinately reduced methylation of both PAI2 and PAI3, implying that this hypomethylation acts in a concerted manner across the genome rather than at individual sites. ..
- Lu R, Nash H, Verdine G. A mammalian DNA repair enzyme that excises oxidatively damaged guanines maps to a locus frequently lost in lung cancer. Curr Biol. 1997;7:397-407 pubmed..This speculation is fueled by recent observations that cells constitutively active for the Ras/Raf pathway constitutively produce high levels of superoxide, a known generator of OG. ..
- Cuomo C, Desjardins C, Bakowski M, Goldberg J, Ma A, Becnel J, et al. Microsporidian genome analysis reveals evolutionary strategies for obligate intracellular growth. Genome Res. 2012;22:2478-88 pubmed publisher..Together these events may explain the emergence and success of these diverse intracellular parasites. ..
- Ljungdahl P, Gimeno C, Styles C, Fink G. SHR3: a novel component of the secretory pathway specifically required for localization of amino acid permeases in yeast. Cell. 1992;71:463-78 pubmed..shr3 mutants constitutively express elevated levels of GCN4, and mutant shr3/shr3 diploids undergo dimorphic transitions that result in filamentous growth at enhanced frequencies. ..
- Polakiewicz R, Munroe D, Sait S, Tycowski K, Nowak N, Shows T, et al. Mapping of ribosomal protein S3 and internally nested snoRNA U15A gene to human chromosome 11q13.3-q13.5. Genomics. 1995;25:577-80 pubmed..3-q13.5 using a combination of somatic cell hybrid analysis, fluorescence in situ hybridization, and YAC/STS content mapping. These findings add to the evidence that genes encoding ribosomal proteins are scattered about the human genome. ..
- Zinn A, Alagappan R, Brown L, Wool I, Page D. Structure and function of ribosomal protein S4 genes on the human and mouse sex chromosomes. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:2485-92 pubmed..In 49,XYYYY cells, S4Y is about half as abundant as S4X. In 49,XXXXY cells, S4Y is barely detectable. These results bear on the hypothesized role of S4 deficiency in Turner syndrome. ..
- Kleyn P, Fan W, Kovats S, Lee J, Pulido J, Wu Y, et al. Identification and characterization of the mouse obesity gene tubby: a member of a novel gene family. Cell. 1996;85:281-90 pubmed..This allele of tub is a candidate for a previously reported diet-induced obesity quantitative trait locus on mouse chromosome 7. ..
- Marykwas D, Berg H. A mutational analysis of the interaction between FliG and FliM, two components of the flagellar motor of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:1289-94 pubmed..This clustering, when compared with results of previous studies, suggests that the FliG-FliM interaction plays a central role in switching. ..
- Bradley J, Baltus A, Skaletsky H, Royce Tolland M, Dewar K, Page D. An X-to-autosome retrogene is required for spermatogenesis in mice. Nat Genet. 2004;36:872-6 pubmed..This recurrence implies a strong selective pressure, perhaps to enable ribosome assembly in male meiotic cells. ..
- Lipson D, Raz T, Kieu A, Jones D, Giladi E, Thayer E, et al. Quantification of the yeast transcriptome by single-molecule sequencing. Nat Biotechnol. 2009;27:652-8 pubmed publisher..This efficiency, coupled with the high throughput enabled by the single-molecule sequencing platform, provides an alternative method for expression profiling. ..
- Campbell J, Kleckner N. E. coli oriC and the dnaA gene promoter are sequestered from dam methyltransferase following the passage of the chromosomal replication fork. Cell. 1990;62:967-79 pubmed
- Kusumi K, Sun E, Kerrebrock A, Bronson R, Chi D, Bulotsky M, et al. The mouse pudgy mutation disrupts Delta homologue Dll3 and initiation of early somite boundaries. Nat Genet. 1998;19:274-8 pubmed..Viability analysis also indicates an important role in early development. The results point to a key role for a Notch-signalling pathway in the initiation of patterning of vertebrate paraxial mesoderm. ..
- Araripe L, Montenegro H, Lemos B, Hartl D. Fine-scale genetic mapping of a hybrid sterility factor between Drosophila simulans and D. mauritiana: the varied and elusive functions of "speciation genes". BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:385 pubmed publisher..The identification following confirmation of the HMS candidate gene will add another case study leading to understanding the evolutionary process of hybrid incompatibility. ..
- Jacob H, Lindpaintner K, Lincoln S, Kusumi K, Bunker R, Mao Y, et al. Genetic mapping of a gene causing hypertension in the stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rat. Cell. 1991;67:213-24 pubmed..We also find significant, albeit weaker, linkage to a locus, Bp2, on chromosome 18. We discuss the implications of genetic dissection of quantitative disease-related phenotypes in mammals. ..