Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell shape in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: cell shape
- Kim J, Molina R, Donaghey T, Buckett P, Brain J, Wessling Resnick M. Influence of DMT1 and iron status on inflammatory responses in the lung. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2011;300:L659-65 pubmed publisher..Loss of DMT1 alters pulmonary responses necessary for lung homeostasis in the basal state and enhances LPS-induced inflammation and therefore would contribute to progression of lung injury. ..
- Olivares A, Han Y, Soto D, Flattery K, Marini J, Mollema N, et al. The nuclear hormone receptor gene Nr2c1 (Tr2) is a critical regulator of early retina cell patterning. Dev Biol. 2017;429:343-355 pubmed publisher..This study supports a role for Nr2c1 in defining the biphasic period of retinal development and specifically influencing the early phase of retinal cell fate. ..
- Tsai P, Hull C, Chu Y, Greene Colozzi E, Sadowski A, Leech J, et al. Autistic-like behaviour and cerebellar dysfunction in Purkinje cell Tsc1 mutant mice. Nature. 2012;488:647-51 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate new roles for Tsc1 in PC function and define a molecular basis for a cerebellar contribution to cognitive disorders such as autism. ..
- Racowsky C, Stern J, Gibbons W, Behr B, Pomeroy K, Biggers J. National collection of embryo morphology data into Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology Clinic Outcomes Reporting System: associations among day 3 cell number, fragmentation and blastomere asymmetry, and live birth rate. Fertil Steril. 2011;95:1985-9 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the validity of collecting day 3 embryo morphology variables into the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology Clinic Outcomes Reporting System (SART CORS)...
- Heys J, Giocomo L, Hasselmo M. Cholinergic modulation of the resonance properties of stellate cells in layer II of medial entorhinal cortex. J Neurophysiol. 2010;104:258-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data suggest that these changes in resonance properties are mediated through modulation of h-current and m-current. ..
- Chan E, Ratanasirintrawoot S, Park I, Manos P, Loh Y, Huo H, et al. Live cell imaging distinguishes bona fide human iPS cells from partially reprogrammed cells. Nat Biotechnol. 2009;27:1033-7 pubmed publisher..Our data define molecular markers of the fully reprogrammed state and highlight the need for rigorous characterization and standardization of putative iPS cells...
- Park I, Zhao R, West J, Yabuuchi A, Huo H, Ince T, et al. Reprogramming of human somatic cells to pluripotency with defined factors. Nature. 2008;451:141-6 pubmed..These data demonstrate that defined factors can reprogramme human cells to pluripotency, and establish a method whereby patient-specific cells might be established in culture. ..
- Schratt G, Tuebing F, Nigh E, Kane C, Sabatini M, Kiebler M, et al. A brain-specific microRNA regulates dendritic spine development. Nature. 2006;439:283-9 pubmed..Exposure of neurons to extracellular stimuli such as brain-derived neurotrophic factor relieves miR-134 inhibition of Limk1 translation and in this way may contribute to synaptic development, maturation and/or plasticity. ..
- Tavazoie S, Alvarez V, Ridenour D, Kwiatkowski D, Sabatini B. Regulation of neuronal morphology and function by the tumor suppressors Tsc1 and Tsc2. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:1727-34 pubmed..Thus, the TSC pathway regulates growth and synapse function in neurons, and perturbations of neuronal structure and function are likely to contribute to the pathogenesis of the neurological symptoms of TSC. ..
- Chen G, Zou X, Watanabe H, van Deursen J, Shen J. CREB binding protein is required for both short-term and long-term memory formation. J Neurosci. 2010;30:13066-77 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest a crucial role for CBP in the formation of both short- and long-term memory. ..
- Mih J, Sharif A, Liu F, Marinkovic A, Symer M, Tschumperlin D. A multiwell platform for studying stiffness-dependent cell biology. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19929 pubmed publisher..The ability to deploy PA gels in multiwell plates for high throughput analysis of cells in tissue-relevant environments opens new opportunities for the discovery of cellular responses that operate in specific stiffness regimes. ..
- Cheng G, Tse J, Jain R, Munn L. Micro-environmental mechanical stress controls tumor spheroid size and morphology by suppressing proliferation and inducing apoptosis in cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4632 pubmed publisher..An important implication is that apoptosis via the mitochondrial pathway, induced by compressive stress, may be involved in tumor dormancy, in which tumor growth is held in check by a balance of apoptosis and proliferation. ..
- Takai Y, Matikainen T, Jurisicova A, Kim M, Trbovich A, Fujita E, et al. Caspase-12 compensates for lack of caspase-2 and caspase-3 in female germ cells. Apoptosis. 2007;12:791-800 pubmed..However, when DNA damage is involved, and in the absence of caspase-2 and -3, caspase-12 becomes upregulated and mediates apoptosis in oocytes. ..
- Mosaliganti K, Noche R, Xiong F, Swinburne I, Megason S. ACME: automated cell morphology extractor for comprehensive reconstruction of cell membranes. PLoS Comput Biol. 2012;8:e1002780 pubmed publisher..Our software has been developed and tested on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms and is available publicly under an open source BSD license (https://github.com/krm15/ACME). ..
- Bielenberg D, Seth A, Shimizu A, Pelton K, Cristofaro V, Ramachandran A, et al. Increased smooth muscle contractility in mice deficient for neuropilin 2. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:548-59 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify Nrp2 as a mediator of prorelaxant stimuli in SMCs and suggest a novel function for Nrp2 as a regulator of visceral SM contractility. ..