Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell proliferation in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: cell proliferation
Publications340 found, 100 shown here
- Lieberman L, Higgins D. A small-molecule screen identifies the antipsychotic drug pimozide as an inhibitor of Listeria monocytogenes infection. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53:756-64 pubmed publisher..We also have identified pimozide, a clinically approved antipsychotic drug, as a compound that may be suitable for further development as a therapeutic for intracellular bacterial infections. ..
- Gibson J, Hornick J. Mucosal Schwann cell "hamartoma": clinicopathologic study of 26 neural colorectal polyps distinct from neurofibromas and mucosal neuromas. Am J Surg Pathol. 2009;33:781-7 pubmed publisher..Although their nature is uncertain, we propose the interim designation "mucosal Schwann cell 'hamartoma'" to avoid confusion with the neural lesions that have significant associations with inherited syndromes. ..
- Duan Z, Choy E, Nielsen G, Rosenberg A, Iafrate J, Yang C, et al. Differential expression of microRNA (miRNA) in chordoma reveals a role for miRNA-1 in Met expression. J Orthop Res. 2010;28:746-52 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that some miRNAs are differentially expressed in chordoma and, in particular, miRNA-1 may have a functional effect on chordoma tumor pathogenesis...
- Rigamonti A, Brennand K, Lau F, Cowan C. Rapid cellular turnover in adipose tissue. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17637 pubmed publisher..In light of these findings, we suggest that adipose tissue turnover represents a possible new avenue of therapeutic intervention against obesity. ..
- Maia S, Pelletier M, Ding J, Hsu Y, Sallan S, Rao S, et al. Aberrant expression of functional BAFF-system receptors by malignant B-cell precursors impacts leukemia cell survival. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20787 pubmed publisher..This study shows an unforeseen role for the BAFF-system in the biology of precursor B-cell leukemia, and suggests that the target disruption of BAFF signals may constitute a valid strategy for the treatment of this cancer. ..
- Cho J, Pastorino S, Zeng Q, Xu X, Johnson W, Vandenberg S, et al. Glioblastoma-derived epidermal growth factor receptor carboxyl-terminal deletion mutants are transforming and are sensitive to EGFR-directed therapies. Cancer Res. 2011;71:7587-96 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that erlotinib and, especially, cetuximab treatment may be a promising therapeutic strategy in GBM patients harboring EGFR CTD deletion mutants. ..
- Stewart Ornstein J, Lahav G. Dynamics of CDKN1A in Single Cells Defined by an Endogenous Fluorescent Tagging Toolkit. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1800-1811 pubmed publisher..The tools developed in this study should support widespread study of the dynamics and localization of diverse proteins in mammalian cells. ..
- Hopfer U, Fukai N, Hopfer H, Wolf G, Joyce N, Li E, et al. Targeted disruption of Col8a1 and Col8a2 genes in mice leads to anterior segment abnormalities in the eye. FASEB J. 2005;19:1232-44 pubmed..An important function of collagen VIII may therefore be to generate a peri- or subcellular matrix environment that permits or stimulates cell proliferation. ..
- Lee J, Epardaud M, Sun J, Becker J, Cheng A, Yonekura A, et al. Peripheral antigen display by lymph node stroma promotes T cell tolerance to intestinal self. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:181-90 pubmed..Thus, lymph node stromal cells are functionally akin to mTECs and provide a direct strategy for purging the peripheral repertoire of self-reactive T cells. ..
- Cironi P, Swinburne I, Silver P. Enhancement of cell type specificity by quantitative modulation of a chimeric ligand. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:8469-76 pubmed publisher..These results provide insights into the quantitative requirements for specific binding to multisubunit receptors and illustrate the value of a quantitative approach in the design of synthetic-biological constructs. ..
- Grueneberg D, Li W, Davies J, Sawyer J, Pearlberg J, Harlow E. Kinase requirements in human cells: IV. Differential kinase requirements in cervical and renal human tumor cell lines. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:16490-5 pubmed publisher..Differential kinase requirements promise to be useful in distinguishing important cell-to-cell functional variations and may lead to the identification of fingerprints for different physiological cell states. ..
- Gandhi R, O NEILL D, Bosch R, Chan E, Bucy R, Shopis J, et al. A randomized therapeutic vaccine trial of canarypox-HIV-pulsed dendritic cells vs. canarypox-HIV alone in HIV-1-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy. Vaccine. 2009;27:6088-94 pubmed publisher..New methods to enhance the immunogenicity and antiviral efficacy of DC-based vaccines for HIV-1 infection are needed. ..
- Choi H, Ren P, Adrian F, Sun F, Lee H, Wang X, et al. A type-II kinase inhibitor capable of inhibiting the T315I "gatekeeper" mutant of Bcr-Abl. J Med Chem. 2010;53:5439-48 pubmed publisher..Compound 2 is among the first type-II inhibitors capable of inhibiting T315I to be described and will serve as a valuable lead to design the third generation Bcr-Abl kinase inhibitors. ..
- You S, Kublin C, Avidan O, Miyasaki D, Zoukhri D. Isolation and propagation of mesenchymal stem cells from the lacrimal gland. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:2087-94 pubmed publisher..The aim of the present study was to determine whether these cells can be isolated from the lacrimal gland and propagated in vitro...
- Huang M, Rodgers K, O Mara R, Mehta M, Abuzahra H, Tannenbaum A, et al. The thyroid hormone degrading type 3 deiodinase is the primary deiodinase active in murine epidermis. Thyroid. 2011;21:1263-8 pubmed publisher..Our data support the developing recognition that the primary role of thyroid hormone deiodinases in some tissues may be the degradation of thyroid hormone to protect the tissue against thyrotoxicosis. ..
- Bruneau S, Datta D, Flaxenburg J, Pal S, Briscoe D. TRAF6 inhibits proangiogenic signals in endothelial cells and regulates the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;419:66-71 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings define a novel pro-angiogenic signaling response in EC that is regulated by TRAF6. ..
- Lei H, Rheaume M, Cui J, Mukai S, Maberley D, Samad A, et al. A novel function of p53: a gatekeeper of retinal detachment. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:866-74 pubmed publisher..Finally, Nutlin-3 may be effective in the clinical setting because it prevented human PVR vitreous-induced contraction of cells isolated from a patient PVR membrane. These studies identify Nutlin-3 as a potential PVR prophylaxis...
- Zhu B, Smith J, Yarmush M, Nahmias Y, Kirby B, Murthy S. Microfluidic enrichment of mouse epidermal stem cells and validation of stem cell proliferation in vitro. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2013;19:765-73 pubmed publisher..8% ± 5.1%. The recovered cells remain viable and formed colonies with characteristic morphologies. When grown in culture, enriched cells contain a larger α6(+) population than un-enriched cells. ..
- Zhang W, Levi L, Banerjee P, Jain M, Noy N. Kruppel-like factor 2 suppresses mammary carcinoma growth by regulating retinoic acid signaling. Oncotarget. 2015;6:35830-42 pubmed publisher..The data thus reveal that KLF2 suppresses tumor growth by controlling the transcriptional activities of RA. ..
- Freitas L, Hamblin M, Anzengruber F, Perussi J, Ribeiro A, Martins V, et al. Zinc phthalocyanines attached to gold nanorods for simultaneous hyperthermic and photodynamic therapies against melanoma in vitro. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:181-186 pubmed publisher..This is a novel study because two tetracarboxylated phthalocyanines were used and because the same wavelength was irradiated to activate both the nanorods and the photosensitizers. ..
- Goss P, Strasser Weippl K, Qi S, Hu H. Effects of liarozole fumarate (R85246) in combination with tamoxifen on N-methyl-N-nitrosourea (MNU)-induced mammary carcinoma and uterus in the rat model. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:26 pubmed..Liarozole and other retinomimetics might also be suitable chemoprevention drugs in combination with tamoxifen because of their favorable toxicity profile. ..
- Ishikawa H, Ochi H, Chen M, Frenkel D, Maron R, Weiner H. Inhibition of autoimmune diabetes by oral administration of anti-CD3 monoclonal antibody. Diabetes. 2007;56:2103-9 pubmed..Protection by oral anti-CD3 was transforming growth factor-beta dependent. Our results demonstrate that oral anti-CD3 is effective in the model of STZ-induced diabetes and may be a useful form of therapy for type 1 diabetes in humans. ..
- Guo W, Kong E, Meydani M. Dietary polyphenols, inflammation, and cancer. Nutr Cancer. 2009;61:807-10 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the effect of polyphenols on inflammation and cancer; avenanthramides, a unique polyphenol from oats, are especially focused. ..
- Klusmann J, Godinho F, Heitmann K, Maroz A, Koch M, Reinhardt D, et al. Developmental stage-specific interplay of GATA1 and IGF signaling in fetal megakaryopoiesis and leukemogenesis. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1659-72 pubmed publisher..Our study underscores context-dependent requirements during oncogenesis, and explains resistance to transformation of ostensibly similar adult progenitors. ..
- Blahna M, Jones M, Quinton L, Matsuura K, Mizgerd J. Terminal uridyltransferase enzyme Zcchc11 promotes cell proliferation independent of its uridyltransferase activity. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:42381-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the N-terminal portion of Zcchc11, which lacks nucleotidyltransferase capabilities, is biologically active and mediates a previously unrecognized role for Zcchc11 in facilitating cell proliferation. ..
- Almog N, Ma L, Schwager C, Brinkmann B, Beheshti A, Vajkoczy P, et al. Consensus micro RNAs governing the switch of dormant tumors to the fast-growing angiogenic phenotype. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44001 pubmed publisher..This work suggests novel means to reverse the malignant tumor phenotype into an asymptomatic dormant state and may provide promising targets for early detection or prevention of cancer. ..
- Ye M, Zhang H, Amabile G, Yang H, Staber P, Zhang P, et al. C/EBPa controls acquisition and maintenance of adult haematopoietic stem cell quiescence. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:385-94 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically we identified N-Myc as a downstream target of C/EBPa, and loss of C/EBPa resulted in de-repression of N-Myc. Our data establish C/EBPa as a central determinant in the switch from fetal to adult HSCs. ..
- Shyh Chang N, Daley G. Lin28: primal regulator of growth and metabolism in stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;12:395-406 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the Lin28 pathway and its regulation, outline its roles in stem cells, tissue development, and pathogenesis, and examine the ramifications for re-engineering mammalian physiology. ..
- Covarrubias A, Aksoylar H, Yu J, Snyder N, WORTH A, Iyer S, et al. Akt-mTORC1 signaling regulates Acly to integrate metabolic input to control of macrophage activation. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..We propose that Akt-mTORC1 signaling calibrates metabolic state to energetically demanding aspects of M2 activation, which may define a new role for metabolism in supporting macrophage activation. ..
- Yoon Y, Wecker A, Heyd L, Park J, Tkebuchava T, Kusano K, et al. Clonally expanded novel multipotent stem cells from human bone marrow regenerate myocardium after myocardial infarction. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:326-38 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first demonstration that a specific population of multipotent human BM-derived stem cells can induce both therapeutic neovascularization and endogenous and exogenous cardiomyogenesis. ..
- Datta D, Contreras A, Grimm M, Waaga Gasser A, Briscoe D, Pal S. Calcineurin inhibitors modulate CXCR3 splice variant expression and mediate renal cancer progression. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008;19:2437-46 pubmed publisher..Targeting CXCR3 splice variants or the signaling pathways downstream of CXCR3 receptors may provide a therapeutic strategy for the prevention of CNI-mediated renal cancer progression. ..
- Mirshahidi S, Kramer V, Whitney J, Essono S, Lee S, Dranoff G, et al. Overlapping synthetic peptides encoding TPD52 as breast cancer vaccine in mice: prolonged survival. Vaccine. 2009;27:1825-33 pubmed publisher..We show that an OSP vaccination approach can assist in the disruption of self-tolerance and conclude that our approach may hold promise for immunoprevention of early-stage cancers in a general population. ..
- Miedlich S, Zalutskaya A, Zhu E, Demay M. Phosphate-induced apoptosis of hypertrophic chondrocytes is associated with a decrease in mitochondrial membrane potential and is dependent upon Erk1/2 phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18270-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, these investigations point to an important role for phosphate in regulating mitochondrial membrane potential in hypertrophic chondrocytes and growth plate maturation by the parathyroid hormone-related protein signaling pathway. ..
- Ren J, Seth P, Everett P, Clish C, Sukhatme V. Induction of erythroid differentiation in human erythroleukemia cells by depletion of malic enzyme 2. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..Collectively our data point to ME2 as a potentially novel metabolic target for leukemia therapy. ..
- Yu W, Liu J, Shi M, Wang J, Xiang M, Kitamoto S, et al. Cystatin C deficiency promotes epidermal dysplasia in K14-HPV16 transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13973 pubmed publisher..Enhanced cathepsin expression and activity in cystatin C-deficient mice contributed to the progression of dysplasia by altering premalignant tissue epithelial proliferation, apoptosis, and neovascularization. ..
- Sahin E, Colla S, Liesa M, Moslehi J, Muller F, Guo M, et al. Telomere dysfunction induces metabolic and mitochondrial compromise. Nature. 2011;470:359-65 pubmed publisher..We propose that this telomere-p53-PGC axis contributes to organ and metabolic failure and to diminishing organismal fitness in the setting of telomere dysfunction. ..
- Zhou Y, Zhang X, Klibanski A. MEG3 noncoding RNA: a tumor suppressor. J Mol Endocrinol. 2012;48:R45-53 pubmed publisher..Inactivation of Meg3 leads to a significant increase in expression of angiogenesis-promoting genes and microvessel formation in the brain. These lines of evidence strongly suggest that MEG3 functions as a novel lncRNA tumor suppressor. ..
- Hanna J, Waterman D, Boselli M, Finley D. Spg5 protein regulates the proteasome in quiescence. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:34400-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, Spg5 is a positive regulator of the proteasome that is critical for survival of cells that have ceased to proliferate due to nutrient limitation. ..
- Al Habib M, Yu Z, Huang G. Small molecules affect human dental pulp stem cell properties via multiple signaling pathways. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:2402-13 pubmed publisher..We conclude that small molecules appear to enhance the immature state of hDPSCs in culture, which may be used as a strategy for adult stem cell maintenance and extend their capacity for regenerative applications...
- Kamel G, Hoyos T, Rochard L, Dougherty M, Kong Y, Tse W, et al. Requirement for frzb and fzd7a in cranial neural crest convergence and extension mechanisms during zebrafish palate and jaw morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2013;381:423-33 pubmed publisher..lower jaw structures, and integration of wnt-frizzled with endothelin signaling to coordinate shaping of the facial form. ..
- Kohsaka S, Shukla N, Ameur N, Ito T, Ng C, Wang L, et al. A recurrent neomorphic mutation in MYOD1 defines a clinically aggressive subset of embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma associated with PI3K-AKT pathway mutations. Nat Genet. 2014;46:595-600 pubmed publisher..Our functional data now confirm this prediction. Thus, MYOD1 p.Leu122Arg defines a subset of rhabdomyosarcomas eligible for high-risk protocols and the development of targeted therapeutics. ..
- Nahrendorf M, Swirski F. Innate immune cells in ischaemic heart disease: does myocardial infarction beget myocardial infarction?. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:868-72 pubmed publisher..That blood leucocytosis closely associates with cardiovascular mortality provides a strong motivation to understand why and how organ ischaemia alters cellular immunity. ..
- Nilsson M, Giri U, Gudikote J, Tang X, Lu W, Tran H, et al. KDR Amplification Is Associated with VEGF-Induced Activation of the mTOR and Invasion Pathways but does not Predict Clinical Benefit to the VEGFR TKI Vandetanib. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:1940-50 pubmed publisher..Patients with NSCLC whose tumor hadKDRamplification were not associated with clinical benefit for vandetanib in combination with docetaxel. ..
- Nguyen D, Maillard M, Cotta de Almeida V, Mizoguchi E, Klein C, Fuss I, et al. Lymphocyte-dependent and Th2 cytokine-associated colitis in mice deficient in Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein. Gastroenterology. 2007;133:1188-97 pubmed..This is the only model of colitis with elevated T helper 2 cytokines and aberrant natural regulatory T cell function and is unique in having a human disease counterpart with similar defects. ..
- Guan J, Wu X, Arons E, Christou H. The p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway is involved in the regulation of heme oxygenase-1 by acidic extracellular pH in aortic smooth muscle cells. J Cell Biochem. 2008;105:1298-306 pubmed publisher..Increased phospho p38 activity precedes and likely mediates HO-1 induction by EA. Increased AP-1 binding may underlie the transcriptional regulation of HO-1 by EA. ..
- Denecke C, Bedi D, Ge X, Kim I, Jurisch A, Weiland A, et al. Prolonged graft survival in older recipient mice is determined by impaired effector T-cell but intact regulatory T-cell responses. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9232 pubmed publisher..In summary, advanced recipient age was associated with delayed acute rejection and impaired CD4(+) T-cell function and proliferation while CD4(+)CD25(+)FoxP3(+) T-cells (Tregs) showed a well-preserved function. ..
- Preet A, Qamri Z, Nasser M, Prasad A, Shilo K, Zou X, et al. Cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, as novel targets for inhibition of non-small cell lung cancer growth and metastasis. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2011;4:65-75 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CB1 and CB2 could be used as novel therapeutic targets against NSCLC. ..
- Menke J, Kriegsmann J, Schimanski C, Schwartz M, Schwarting A, Kelley V. Autocrine CSF-1 and CSF-1 receptor coexpression promotes renal cell carcinoma growth. Cancer Res. 2012;72:187-200 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our findings imply that targeting CSF-1/CSF-1R signaling may be therapeutically effective in RCCs. ..
- Wu X, Zhu M, Fletcher J, Giobbie Hurder A, Hodi F. The protein kinase C inhibitor enzastaurin exhibits antitumor activity against uveal melanoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29622 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of the PKC pathway provides a basis for clinical investigation in patients with UM. ..
- Rajabi H, Ahmad R, Jin C, Joshi M, Guha M, Alam M, et al. MUC1-C oncoprotein confers androgen-independent growth of human prostate cancer cells. Prostate. 2012;72:1659-68 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that MUC1-C suppresses AR expression in prostate cancer cells and confers a more aggressive androgen-independent phenotype that is sensitive to MUC1-C inhibition. ..
- Motohashi N, Alexander M, Casar J, Kunkel L. Identification of a novel microRNA that regulates the proliferation and differentiation in muscle side population cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:3031-43 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that miR-128a contributes to the maintenance of the quiescent state, and it regulates cellular differentiation by repressing individual genes in SP cells. ..
- Mineva N, Paulson K, Naber S, Yee A, Sonenshein G. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate inhibits stem-like inflammatory breast cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73464 pubmed publisher..Given the poor prognosis of IBC patients, our findings suggest further exploration of EGCG or green tea in combinatorial treatments against active IBC disease or in maintenance regimens to avoid recurrence is warranted. ..
- Kumar M, Gupta D, Singh G, Sharma S, Bhat M, Prashant C, et al. Novel polymeric nanoparticles for intracellular delivery of peptide Cargos: antitumor efficacy of the BCL-2 conversion peptide NuBCP-9. Cancer Res. 2014;74:3271-81 pubmed publisher..Our results illustrate an effective method for sustained delivery of anticancer peptides, highlighting the superior qualities of the novel PLA-PEG-PPG-PEG tetrablock copolymer formulation as a tool to target intracellular proteins. ..
- Kur E, Kim J, Tata A, Comin C, Harrington K, Costa L, et al. Temporal modulation of collective cell behavior controls vascular network topology. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..We propose that temporal regulation of this critical, iterative aspect of network formation could be a general mechanism, and additional temporal regulators may exist to sculpt vascular topology. ..
- Tee A, Blenis J. mTOR, translational control and human disease. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2005;16:29-37 pubmed..Since mTOR plays a pivotal role in maintaining proper cell size and growth, dysregulation of mTOR signaling results in these benign tumor syndromes and an array of other human disorders. ..
- Koralov S, Novobrantseva T, Königsmann J, Ehlich A, Rajewsky K. Antibody repertoires generated by VH replacement and direct VH to JH joining. Immunity. 2006;25:43-53 pubmed..Thus, V(H) replacement is an efficient mechanism of antibody diversification, and its impact on the overall antibody repertoire could be greater than anticipated because it frequently leaves no molecular footprint. ..
- Balk S, Knudsen K. AR, the cell cycle, and prostate cancer. Nucl Recept Signal. 2008;6:e001 pubmed publisher..As will be discussed, discrete aberrations in this process can alter the proliferative response to androgen, and potentially subvert hormonal control of tumor progression. ..
- Abramson J, Chen W, Juszczynski P, Takahashi H, Neuberg D, Kutok J, et al. The heat shock protein 90 inhibitor IPI-504 induces apoptosis of AKT-dependent diffuse large B-cell lymphomas. Br J Haematol. 2009;144:358-66 pubmed publisher..The HSP90 inhibitor IPI-504 warrants further investigation in DLBCL alone and in combination with identified client protein inhibitors and active chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Zabala Letona A, Arruabarrena Aristorena A, Martin Martin N, Fernandez Ruiz S, Sutherland J, Clasquin M, et al. mTORC1-dependent AMD1 regulation sustains polyamine metabolism in prostate cancer. Nature. 2017;547:109-113 pubmed publisher..These findings provide fundamental information about the complex regulatory landscape controlled by mTORC1 to integrate and translate growth signals into an oncogenic metabolic program. ..
- Kamizaki K, Doi R, Hayashi M, Saji T, Kanagawa M, Toda T, et al. The Ror1 receptor tyrosine kinase plays a critical role in regulating satellite cell proliferation during regeneration of injured muscle. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15939-15951 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ror1 might be a suitable target in the development of diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to manage muscular disorders. ..
- Lee T, Seng S, Sekine M, Hinton C, Fu Y, Avraham H, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor mediates intracrine survival in human breast carcinoma cells through internally expressed VEGFR1/FLT1. PLoS Med. 2007;4:e186 pubmed..These results may lead to an improved strategy for tumor therapy based on the inhibition of angiogenesis. ..
- Simpson K, Selfors L, Bui J, Reynolds A, Leake D, Khvorova A, et al. Identification of genes that regulate epithelial cell migration using an siRNA screening approach. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1027-38 pubmed publisher..Informatics analysis highlighted three major signalling nodes, beta-catenin, beta1-integrin and actin, and a large proportion of the genes that accelerated migration impaired cell-cell adhesion. ..
- Chang S, Feng D, Nagy J, Sciuto T, Dvorak A, Dvorak H. Vascular permeability and pathological angiogenesis in caveolin-1-null mice. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:1768-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, caveolin-1 is not necessary for VVO structure but may have important roles in regulating VVO function in acute vascular hyperpermeability and angiogenesis. ..
- Emley A, Yang S, Wajapeyee N, Green M, Mahalingam M. Oncogenic BRAF and the tumor suppressor IGFBP7 in the genesis of atypical spitzoid nevomelanocytic proliferations. J Cutan Pathol. 2010;37:344-9 pubmed publisher..From an oncogenic BRAF perspective, our findings suggest that the majority of 'atypical' spitzoid nevomelanocytic proliferations are probably no different from conventional Spitz nevi. ..
- Kafri R, Levy J, Ginzberg M, Oh S, Lahav G, Kirschner M. Dynamics extracted from fixed cells reveal feedback linking cell growth to cell cycle. Nature. 2013;494:480-3 pubmed publisher..Using ERA we find evidence for a size-discriminatory process at the G1/S transition that acts to decrease cell-to-cell size variation. ..
- Versteeg R, George R. Targeting ALK: The Ten Lives of a Tumor. Cancer Discov. 2016;6:20-1 pubmed publisher..Although the in vivo data are impressive and the authors suggest that clinical trials are warranted, the presented data also suggest that it is as yet too early to welcome the new drug as a magic bullet. ..
- Yu M, Luo J, Yang W, Wang Y, Mizuki M, Kanakura Y, et al. The scaffolding adapter Gab2, via Shp-2, regulates kit-evoked mast cell proliferation by activating the Rac/JNK pathway. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28615-26 pubmed..Our data show that Gab2 via Shp-2 is critical for transmitting signals from Kit Tyr(567) to activate the Rac/JNK pathway controlling mast cell proliferation, which likely contributes to mast cell development in specific tissues. ..
- Dutt A, Ramos A, Hammerman P, Mermel C, Cho J, Sharifnia T, et al. Inhibitor-sensitive FGFR1 amplification in human non-small cell lung cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20351 pubmed publisher..These studies show that FGFR1 amplification is common in squamous cell lung cancer, and that FGFR1 may represent a promising therapeutic target in non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Fabian S, Penchev R, St Jacques B, Rao A, Sipila P, West K, et al. Hedgehog-Gli pathway activation during kidney fibrosis. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:1441-53 pubmed publisher..This study is the first detailed description of paracrine hedgehog signaling in adult kidney, which indicates a possible role for hedgehog-Gli signaling in fibrotic chronic kidney disease. ..
- Sharma S, Munger K. Expression of the cervical carcinoma expressed PCNA regulatory (CCEPR) long noncoding RNA is driven by the human papillomavirus E6 protein and modulates cell proliferation independent of PCNA. Virology. 2018;518:8-13 pubmed publisher..In contrast to what was published and inspired its designation, there is no evidence for PCNA mRNA stabilization, and hence CCEPR likely functions through a different mechanism. ..
- Chetty A, Manzo N, Waxman A, Nielsen H. Modulation of IGF-binding protein-2 and -3 in hyperoxic injury in developing rat lung. Pediatr Res. 2005;58:222-8 pubmed..We speculate that RA protects against O(2)-induced neonatal lung injury through modulation of the IGFBPs. ..
- Mutter G, Zaino R, Baak J, Bentley R, Robboy S. Benign endometrial hyperplasia sequence and endometrial intraepithelial neoplasia. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2007;26:103-14 pubmed
- Pietramaggiori G, Liu P, Scherer S, Kaipainen A, Prsa M, Mayer H, et al. Tensile forces stimulate vascular remodeling and epidermal cell proliferation in living skin. Ann Surg. 2007;246:896-902 pubmed..As cell growth and vascular supply are critical to wound healing and tissue expansion, devices applying controlled mechanical loads to tissues may be a powerful therapy to treat tissue defects. ..
- Jia S, Liu Z, Zhang S, Liu P, Zhang L, Lee S, et al. Essential roles of PI(3)K-p110beta in cell growth, metabolism and tumorigenesis. Nature. 2008;454:776-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrate both kinase-dependent and kinase-independent functions for p110beta, and strongly indicate the kinase-dependent functions of p110beta as a promising target in cancer therapy. ..
- Zhan Y, Ginanni N, Tota M, Wu M, Bays N, Richon V, et al. Control of cell growth and survival by enzymes of the fatty acid synthesis pathway in HCT-116 colon cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:5735-42 pubmed publisher..The experimental approach described here may be extended to other targets or disease-relevant pathways to identify steps suitable for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Lee W, Pinckney J, Lee V, Lee J, Fischer K, Polio S, et al. Three-dimensional bioprinting of rat embryonic neural cells. Neuroreport. 2009;20:798-803 pubmed publisher..The on-demand capability to print neural cells in a multilayered hydrogel scaffold offers flexibility in generating artificial 3D neural tissue composites. ..
- Libby P, Ridker P, Hansson G. Inflammation in atherosclerosis: from pathophysiology to practice. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;54:2129-38 pubmed publisher..This review provides an update of the role of inflammation in atherogenesis and highlights how translation of these advances in basic science promises to change clinical practice. ..
- Verzi M, Shin H, He H, Sulahian R, Meyer C, Montgomery R, et al. Differentiation-specific histone modifications reveal dynamic chromatin interactions and partners for the intestinal transcription factor CDX2. Dev Cell. 2010;19:713-26 pubmed publisher..These results reveal dynamic, context-specific functions and mechanisms of a prominent transcriptional regulator within a cell lineage. ..