Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on caveolin 1 in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: caveolin 1
- Kathuria H, Cao Y, Hinds A, Ramirez M, Williams M. ERM is expressed by alveolar epithelial cells in adult mouse lung and regulates caveolin-1 transcription in mouse lung epithelial cell lines. J Cell Biochem. 2007;102:13-27 pubmed
- Di Vizio D, Sotgia F, Williams T, Hassan G, Capozza F, Frank P, et al. Caveolin-1 is required for the upregulation of fatty acid synthase (FASN), a tumor promoter, during prostate cancer progression. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:1263-8 pubmed..In addition, our results provide the first molecular genetic evidence that Cav-1 functions upstream of FASN during prostate cancer progression. ..
- Di Vizio D, Adam R, Kim J, Kim R, Sotgia F, Williams T, et al. Caveolin-1 interacts with a lipid raft-associated population of fatty acid synthase. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2257-67 pubmed..These findings suggest that FASN and Cav-1 physically and functionally interact in PCa cells. They also imply that palmitoylation within this complex is involved in tumor growth and survival. ..
- Michel T, Feron O. Nitric oxide synthases: which, where, how, and why?. J Clin Invest. 1997;100:2146-52 pubmed
- Ricchiuti V, Lapointe N, Pojoga L, Yao T, Tran L, Williams G, et al. Dietary sodium intake regulates angiotensin II type 1, mineralocorticoid receptor, and associated signaling proteins in heart. J Endocrinol. 2011;211:47-54 pubmed publisher..Dietary sodium restriction has beneficial effects on the cardiac expression of factors associated with CV injury. These changes may play a role in the cardioprotective effects of dietary sodium restriction. ..
- Pojoga L, Romero J, Yao T, Loutraris P, Ricchiuti V, Coutinho P, et al. Caveolin-1 ablation reduces the adverse cardiovascular effects of N-omega-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester and angiotensin II. Endocrinology. 2010;151:1236-46 pubmed publisher..WT mice, consistent with decreased MR signaling in the cav-1 KO. Thus, we conclude that the L-NAME/AngII-induced biventricular damage is mediated by a mechanism partially dependent on cav-1 and signaling via MR/ALDO. ..
- Parker E, Zaman M, Freedman S. GP2, a GPI-anchored protein in the apical plasma membrane of the pancreatic acinar cell, co-immunoprecipitates with src kinases and caveolin. Pancreas. 2000;21:219-25 pubmed..This suggests that in pancreatic acini, GP2 may exist in a complex with src kinases, caveolin, and an 85-kDa phosphorylated substrate to regulate endocytosis at the APM. ..
- Pojoga L, Underwood P, Goodarzi M, Williams J, Adler G, Jeunemaitre X, et al. Variants of the caveolin-1 gene: a translational investigation linking insulin resistance and hypertension. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96:E1288-92 pubmed publisher..Variations in the CAV1 gene are associated with IR and hypertension. CAV1 gene polymorphisms may be a biomarker for IR and hypertension, enabling earlier detection and improved treatment strategies. ..
- Gonzalez E, Nagiel A, Lin A, Golan D, Michel T. Small interfering RNA-mediated down-regulation of caveolin-1 differentially modulates signaling pathways in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40659-69 pubmed
- Souto R, Vallega G, Wharton J, Vinten J, Tranum Jensen J, Pilch P. Immunopurification and characterization of rat adipocyte caveolae suggest their dissociation from insulin signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18321-9 pubmed..The results are consistent with a role for caveolae in lipid flux in and of adipocytes. ..
- Lu M, Schneider M, Zheng Y, Zhang X, Richie J. Caveolin-1 interacts with androgen receptor. A positive modulator of androgen receptor mediated transactivation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13442-51 pubmed..Using a mammalian two-hybrid assay system, we determine that the NH(2) terminus region of caveolin-1 is responsible for the interaction with both the NH(2)-terminal domain and the ligand-binding domain of AR. ..
- Loomis S, Kang J, Weinreb R, Yaspan B, Cooke Bailey J, Gaasterland D, et al. Association of CAV1/CAV2 genomic variants with primary open-angle glaucoma overall and by gender and pattern of visual field loss. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:508-16 pubmed publisher..These data support a role for caveolin 1, caveolin 2, or both in POAG and suggest that the caveolins particularly may affect POAG pathogenesis in women and in patients with early paracentral VF defects. ..