Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
- Li J, Bush J, Xiong Y, Li L, McCormack M. Large-scale protein-protein interaction analysis in Arabidopsis mesophyll protoplasts by split firefly luciferase complementation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27364 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that the SFLC assay is ideal for in vivo quantitative PPI analysis in plant cells and is particularly powerful for large-scale binary PPI screens...
- Lin Y, Cluette Brown J, Goodman H. The peroxisome deficient Arabidopsis mutant sse1 exhibits impaired fatty acid synthesis. Plant Physiol. 2004;135:814-27 pubmed..Taken together, the results point to a possible role for peroxisomes in the net synthesis of fatty acids in addition to their established function in lipid catabolism. Other possible interpretations of the results are discussed. ..
- Kitsberg D, Formstecher E, Fauquet M, Kubes M, Cordier J, Canton B, et al. Knock-out of the neural death effector domain protein PEA-15 demonstrates that its expression protects astrocytes from TNFalpha-induced apoptosis. J Neurosci. 1999;19:8244-51 pubmed..After generation of PEA-15 null mutant mice, our results demonstrate that PEA-15 expression increases astrocyte survival after exposure to TNF. ..
- Cohn M, Kee Y, Haas W, Gygi S, D Andrea A. UAF1 is a subunit of multiple deubiquitinating enzyme complexes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:5343-51 pubmed publisher..We postulate that additional WD40-containing proteins may also form complexes with other human deubiquitinating enzymes and thereby regulate their activity and substrate specificity. ..
- Yoo S, Cho Y, Tena G, Xiong Y, Sheen J. Dual control of nuclear EIN3 by bifurcate MAPK cascades in C2H4 signalling. Nature. 2008;451:789-95 pubmed publisher..The results suggest a new paradigm for linking intertwined MAPK cascades to control quantitative responses and specificity in signalling networks. ..
- Auld K, Hitchcock A, Doherty H, Frietze S, Huang L, Silver P. The conserved ATPase Get3/Arr4 modulates the activity of membrane-associated proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2006;174:215-27 pubmed..In combination, our characterization of GET3 genetic and biochemical interactions with NPL4, GET1, and GET2 implicates Get3 in multiple membrane-dependent pathways. ..
- Celenza J, Quiel J, Smolen G, Merrikh H, Silvestro A, Normanly J, et al. The Arabidopsis ATR1 Myb transcription factor controls indolic glucosinolate homeostasis. Plant Physiol. 2005;137:253-62 pubmed..Together, this work implicates ATR1 as a key homeostatic regulator of Trp metabolism and suggests that ATR1 can be manipulated to coordinately control the suite of enzymes that synthesize IGs. ..
- Giraudat J, Hauge B, Valon C, Smalle J, Parcy F, Goodman H. Isolation of the Arabidopsis ABI3 gene by positional cloning. Plant Cell. 1992;4:1251-61 pubmed..The predicted ABI3 protein displays discrete regions of high similarity to the maize viviparous-1 protein. ..
- Cho Y, Yoo S. ETHYLENE RESPONSE 1 histidine kinase activity of Arabidopsis promotes plant growth. Plant Physiol. 2007;143:612-6 pubmed
- Ferrari S, Vairo D, Ausubel F, Cervone F, De Lorenzo G. Tandemly duplicated Arabidopsis genes that encode polygalacturonase-inhibiting proteins are regulated coordinately by different signal transduction pathways in response to fungal infection. Plant Cell. 2003;15:93-106 pubmed..Therefore, gene duplication followed by the divergence of promoter regions may result in different modes of regulation of similar defensive proteins, thereby enhancing the likelihood of defense gene activation during pathogen infection. ..
- Yang K, Moldovan G, Vinciguerra P, Murai J, Takeda S, D Andrea A. Regulation of the Fanconi anemia pathway by a SUMO-like delivery network. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1847-58 pubmed publisher..We propose that the regulated targeting of USP1/UAF1 to its DNA repair substrates, FANCD2-Ub and PCNA-Ub, by SLD-SIM interactions coordinates homologous recombination and translesion DNA synthesis. ..
- Hsieh M, Goodman H. Molecular characterization of a novel gene family encoding ACT domain repeat proteins in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:1797-806 pubmed..The amino acid sequences of Arabidopsis ACR proteins are most similar in the ACT domains to the bacterial sensor protein GlnD. The ACR proteins may function as novel regulatory or sensor proteins in plants. ..
- Kim Y, Shulman G, Kahn B. Fatty acid infusion selectively impairs insulin action on Akt1 and protein kinase C lambda /zeta but not on glycogen synthase kinase-3. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32915-22 pubmed
- Liu K, Niu Y, Konishi M, Wu Y, Du H, Sun Chung H, et al. Discovery of nitrate-CPK-NLP signalling in central nutrient-growth networks. Nature. 2017;545:311-316 pubmed publisher..The nutrient-coupled Ca2+ signalling network integrates transcriptome and cellular metabolism with shoot-root coordination and developmental plasticity in shaping organ biomass and architecture. ..