Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
Publications504 found, 100 shown here
- Mitra P, Ghule P, van der Deen M, Medina R, Xie R, Holmes W, et al. CDK inhibitors selectively diminish cell cycle controlled activation of the histone H4 gene promoter by p220NPAT and HiNF-P. J Cell Physiol. 2009;219:438-48 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CKIs selectively control stimulation of the histone H4 gene promoter by the p220(NPAT)/HiNF-P complex. ..
- Koon A, Ashley J, Barria R, Dasgupta S, Brain R, Waddell S, et al. Autoregulatory and paracrine control of synaptic and behavioral plasticity by octopaminergic signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:190-9 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a mechanism for global regulation of excitatory synapses, presumably to maintain synaptic and behavioral plasticity in a dynamic range. ..
- Mallick E, McBee M, Vanguri V, Melton Celsa A, Schlieper K, Karalius B, et al. A novel murine infection model for Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:4012-24 pubmed publisher..The development of a murine model that encompasses AE lesion formation and Stx-mediated tissue damage will provide a new platform upon which to identify EHEC alterations of host epithelium that contribute to systemic disease. ..
- Jiang J, Jing Y, Cost G, Chiang J, Kolpa H, Cotton A, et al. Translating dosage compensation to trisomy 21. Nature. 2013;500:296-300 pubmed publisher..Successful trisomy silencing in vitro also surmounts the major first step towards potential development of 'chromosome therapy'. ..
- Choudhury S, Harris A, Cabral D, Keeler A, Sapp E, Ferreira J, et al. Widespread Central Nervous System Gene Transfer and Silencing After Systemic Delivery of Novel AAV-AS Vector. Mol Ther. 2016;24:726-35 pubmed publisher..This novel AAV-AS vector is a promising platform to develop new gene therapies for neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Xia X, Zhou H, Samper E, Melov S, Xu Z. Pol II-expressed shRNA knocks down Sod2 gene expression and causes phenotypes of the gene knockout in mice. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e10 pubmed
- Jaeschke A, Karasarides M, Ventura J, Ehrhardt A, Zhang C, Flavell R, et al. JNK2 is a positive regulator of the cJun transcription factor. Mol Cell. 2006;23:899-911 pubmed
- Sabio G, Cavanagh Kyros J, Barrett T, Jung D, Ko H, Ong H, et al. Role of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in metabolic regulation by JNK1. Genes Dev. 2010;24:256-64 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis represents an important target of metabolic signaling by JNK1. ..
- Qiu L, Rivera Perez J, Xu Z. A non-specific effect associated with conditional transgene expression based on Cre-loxP strategy in mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18778 pubmed publisher..Therefore, results from this Cre-loxP approach to generate inducible transgenic alleles must be interpreted with caution and conclusions drawn in previous reports may need reexamination. ..
- Liu Z, Cort L, Eberwine R, Herrmann T, Leif J, Greiner D, et al. Prevention of type 1 diabetes in the rat with an allele-specific anti-T-cell receptor antibody: V?13 as a therapeutic target and biomarker. Diabetes. 2012;61:1160-8 pubmed publisher..It may be possible to prevent autoimmune diabetes by targeting a limited element of the T-cell repertoire...
- Pande S, Browne G, Padmanabhan S, Zaidi S, Lian J, Van Wijnen A, et al. Oncogenic cooperation between PI3K/Akt signaling and transcription factor Runx2 promotes the invasive properties of metastatic breast cancer cells. J Cell Physiol. 2013;228:1784-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, our work identifies Runx2 as a novel and important downstream mediator of the PI3K/Akt pathway that is linked to metastatic properties of breast cancer cells. ..
- Zhang C, Lifshitz L, Uy K, Ikebe M, Fogarty K, Zhuge R. The cellular and molecular basis of bitter tastant-induced bronchodilation. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001501 pubmed publisher..We propose that the large decrease in [Ca(2+)]i caused by effective tastant bronchodilators provides an efficient cell-based screening method for identifying potent dilators from among the many thousands of available bitter tastants...
- Fan Y, Wang S, Hernandez J, Yenigun V, Hertlein G, Fogarty C, et al. Genetic models of apoptosis-induced proliferation decipher activation of JNK and identify a requirement of EGFR signaling for tissue regenerative responses in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004131 pubmed publisher..These data underscore the importance of genetic screening and promise an improved understanding of the mechanisms of apoptosis-induced proliferation. ..
- Meng X, Noyes M, Zhu L, Lawson N, Wolfe S. Targeted gene inactivation in zebrafish using engineered zinc-finger nucleases. Nat Biotechnol. 2008;26:695-701 pubmed publisher..The use of engineered ZFNs to introduce heritable mutations into a genome obviates the need for embryonic stem cell lines and should be applicable to most animal species for which early-stage embryos are easily accessible. ..
- Huang H, Cheung I, Akbarian S. RPP25 is developmentally regulated in prefrontal cortex and expressed at decreased levels in autism spectrum disorder. Autism Res. 2010;3:153-61 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest a potential role for the RPP25 gene transcript in the neurobiology of developmental brain disorders. ..
- Petrasek J, Csak T, Szabo G. Toll-like receptors in liver disease. Adv Clin Chem. 2013;59:155-201 pubmed..The contribution of TLR signaling to the induction of liver fibrosis and to the progression of liver pathology mediated by viral pathogens is reviewed in the context of ALD and NASH. ..
- Vuong B, Herrick Reynolds K, Vaidyanathan B, Pucella J, Ucher A, Donghia N, et al. A DNA break- and phosphorylation-dependent positive feedback loop promotes immunoglobulin class-switch recombination. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:1183-1189 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a positive feedback loop for the amplification of DNA breaks at S regions through the phosphorylation- and ATM-dependent interaction of AID with APE1. ..
- Brodsky M, Weinert B, Tsang G, Rong Y, McGinnis N, Golic K, et al. Drosophila melanogaster MNK/Chk2 and p53 regulate multiple DNA repair and apoptotic pathways following DNA damage. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1219-31 pubmed..Our results indicate that MNK/Chk2-dependent modification of Drosophila p53 activates a global transcriptional response to DNA damage that induces error-prone DNA repair as well as intrinsic and extrinsic apoptosis pathways. ..
- Savarese T, Jang T, Low H, Salmonsen R, Litofsky N, Matuasevic Z, et al. Isolation of immortalized, INK4a/ARF-deficient cells from the subventricular zone after in utero N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea exposure. J Neurosurg. 2005;102:98-108 pubmed
- Busza A, Murad A, Emery P. Interactions between circadian neurons control temperature synchronization of Drosophila behavior. J Neurosci. 2007;27:10722-33 pubmed..In conclusion, the behavioral responses to temperature input are determined by both the individual properties of specific groups of circadian neurons and their organization in a neural network. ..
- Melo M, Kasperkovitz P, Cerny A, Könen Waisman S, Kurt Jones E, Lien E, et al. UNC93B1 mediates host resistance to infection with Toxoplasma gondii. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001071 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results reveal a critical role for UNC93B1 on induction of IL-12/IFN? production as well as autonomous control of Toxoplasma replication by macrophages. ..
- Li H, Stoicov C, Rogers A, Houghton J. Stem cells and cancer: evidence for bone marrow stem cells in epithelial cancers. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:363-71 pubmed..Here we review the recent advances in our understanding of the contributions of circulating bone marrow-derived stem cells to the formation of tumors in animal models as well as in human beings. ..
- Bunnell S, Diehn M, Yaffe M, Findell P, Cantley L, Berg L. Biochemical interactions integrating Itk with the T cell receptor-initiated signaling cascade. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:2219-30 pubmed..Together, these observations suggest that multivalent interactions recruit Itk to LAT-nucleated signaling complexes and facilitate the activation of LAT-associated phospholipase Cgamma1 by Itk. ..
- Chacko B, Qin B, Correia J, Lam S, de Caestecker M, Lin K. The L3 loop and C-terminal phosphorylation jointly define Smad protein trimerization. Nat Struct Biol. 2001;8:248-53 pubmed..We propose that the phosphorylated C-terminal residues interact with the L3 loop of the neighboring subunit to stabilize the trimer interaction. ..
- Luong M, van der Meijden C, Xing D, Hesselton R, Monuki E, Jones S, et al. Genetic ablation of the CDP/Cux protein C terminus results in hair cycle defects and reduced male fertility. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:1424-37 pubmed..The deregulated hair cycle and severely diminished fertility in Cutl1(tm2Ejn/tm2Ejn) mice suggest that CDP/Cux is required for the developmental control of dermal and reproductive functions. ..
- Mankidy R, Hastings J, Thackeray J. Distinct phospholipase C-gamma-dependent signaling pathways in the Drosophila eye and wing are revealed by a new small wing allele. Genetics. 2003;164:553-63 pubmed
- Kambara T, Komaba S, Ikebe M. Human myosin III is a motor having an extremely high affinity for actin. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:37291-301 pubmed..The present results suggest that myosin IIIA can spend a majority of its ATP hydrolysis cycling time on actin. ..
- Mitra P, Xie R, Harper J, Stein J, Stein G, Van Wijnen A. HiNF-P is a bifunctional regulator of cell cycle controlled histone H4 gene transcription. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:181-91 pubmed..We propose that, analogous to E2F proteins and other cell cycle regulatory proteins, HiNF-P is a bifunctional transcriptional regulator that can activate or repress cell cycle controlled genes depending on the cellular context. ..
- Wang W, Mullikin Kilpatrick D, Crandall J, Gronostajski R, Litwack E, Kilpatrick D. Nuclear factor I coordinates multiple phases of cerebellar granule cell development via regulation of cell adhesion molecules. J Neurosci. 2007;27:6115-27 pubmed..Furthermore, they reveal how a single transcription factor family can control and integrate multiple aspects of neuronal differentiation through the regulation of cell adhesion molecules. ..
- Klimanskaya I, Chung Y, Becker S, Lu S, Lanza R. Derivation of human embryonic stem cells from single blastomeres. Nat Protoc. 2007;2:1963-72 pubmed..The resulting blastomere-derived outgrowths are cultured in the same manner as blastocyst-derived hES cells. The whole process takes about 3-4 months...
- Follit J, Xu F, Keady B, Pazour G. Characterization of mouse IFT complex B. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2009;66:457-68 pubmed publisher..This suggests that IFT54s effect on IFT20 is a dominant negative phenotype caused by its overexpression. Cell Motil. Cytoskeleton 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- McPhee C, Logan M, Freeman M, Baehrecke E. Activation of autophagy during cell death requires the engulfment receptor Draper. Nature. 2010;465:1093-6 pubmed publisher..Further, Drpr is the first factor that distinguishes autophagy that is associated with cell death from autophagy associated with cell survival...
- Reddy G, Thompson W, Miller S. Robust light emission from cyclic alkylaminoluciferin substrates for firefly luciferase. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:13586-7 pubmed publisher..Overall light emission is higher than that of acyclic alkylaminoluciferins, aminoluciferin, and the native substrate D-luciferin. ..
- Pop R, Shearstone J, Shen Q, Liu Y, Hallstrom K, Koulnis M, et al. A key commitment step in erythropoiesis is synchronized with the cell cycle clock through mutual inhibition between PU.1 and S-phase progression. PLoS Biol. 2010;8: pubmed publisher..1 expression and S-phase progression provides a "synchromesh" mechanism that "locks" the erythroid differentiation program to the cell cycle clock, ensuring precise coordination of critical differentiation events. ..
- Bosco D, LaVoie M, Petsko G, Ringe D. Proteostasis and movement disorders: Parkinson's disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2011;3:a007500 pubmed publisher..Applying proteostasis approaches to this disease may require rethinking or broadening the concept of what proteostasis means. ..
- Burke C, Huetteroth W, Owald D, Perisse E, Krashes M, Das G, et al. Layered reward signalling through octopamine and dopamine in Drosophila. Nature. 2012;492:433-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, they reconcile previous findings with octopamine and dopamine and suggest that reinforcement systems in flies are more similar to mammals than previously thought. ..
- Tang Y, Wallace M, Sanchez Gurmaches J, Hsiao W, Li H, Lee P, et al. Adipose tissue mTORC2 regulates ChREBP-driven de novo lipogenesis and hepatic glucose metabolism. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11365 pubmed publisher..These data suggest mTORC2 functions in WAT as part of an extra-hepatic nutrient-sensing mechanism to control glucose homeostasis. ..
- Zheng K, Lu P, Delpapa E, Bellve K, Deng R, Condon J, et al. Bitter taste receptors as targets for tocolytics in preterm labor therapy. FASEB J. 2017;31:4037-4052 pubmed publisher..Zheng, K., Lu, P., Delpapa, E., Bellve, K., Deng, R., Condon, J. C., Fogarty, K., Lifshitz, L. M., Simas, T. A. M., Shi, F., ZhuGe, R. Bitter taste receptors as targets for tocolytics in preterm labor therapy. ..
- Thornton T, Delgado P, Chen L, Salas B, Krementsov D, Fernández M, et al. Inactivation of nuclear GSK3β by Ser(389) phosphorylation promotes lymphocyte fitness during DNA double-strand break response. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10553 pubmed publisher..Preselection-Tcrβ repertoire is impaired and antigen-specific IgG antibody responses following immunization are blunted in Ser(389)GSK3β knockin mice. Thus, GSK3β emerges as an important modulator of the adaptive immune response. ..
- Lohman B, Welsh R. Apoptotic regulation of T cells and absence of immune deficiency in virus-infected gamma interferon receptor knockout mice. J Virol. 1998;72:7815-21 pubmed..This finding indicates that clonal exhaustion of CTL does not require IFN-gamma or Fas, even though both molecules influence AICD and the transient immune deficiency seen in the LCMV infection. ..
- Tomari Y, Zamore P. Perspective: machines for RNAi. Genes Dev. 2005;19:517-29 pubmed..Here, we review our current understanding of how small RNAs are produced, how they are loaded into protein complexes, and how they repress gene expression. ..
- Fonseca S, Fukuma M, Lipson K, Nguyen L, Allen J, Oka Y, et al. WFS1 is a novel component of the unfolded protein response and maintains homeostasis of the endoplasmic reticulum in pancreatic beta-cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39609-15 pubmed..These results indicate that the pathogenesis of Wolfram syndrome involves chronic ER stress in pancreatic beta-cells caused by the loss of function of WFS1. ..
- Doxsey S, McCollum D, Theurkauf W. Centrosomes in cellular regulation. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 2005;21:411-34 pubmed..These new liaisons between MTOCs and cellular regulation are the focus of this review. Elucidation of these and other previously unappreciated centrosome functions promises to yield exciting scientific discovery for some time to come...
- Chen H, Shen J, Ip Y, Xu L. Identification of phosphatases for Smad in the BMP/DPP pathway. Genes Dev. 2006;20:648-53 pubmed..We show that the mammalian PDPs are important in dephosphorylation of BMP-activated Smad1 but not TGF-beta-activated Smad2 or Smad3. Thus, PDPs specifically inactivate Smads in the BMP/DPP pathway. ..
- Severa M, Coccia E, Fitzgerald K. Toll-like receptor-dependent and -independent viperin gene expression and counter-regulation by PRDI-binding factor-1/BLIMP1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:26188-95 pubmed..Collectively, these studies identify Viperin as a tightly regulated ISGF3 target gene, which is counter-regulated by PRDI-BF1. ..
- Kono H, Chen C, Ontiveros F, Rock K. Uric acid promotes an acute inflammatory response to sterile cell death in mice. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:1939-49 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data identify uric acid as a proinflammatory molecule released from dying cells that contributes significantly to the cell death-induced inflammatory responses in vivo. ..
- Schwarting G, Henion T. Regulation and function of axon guidance and adhesion molecules during olfactory map formation. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:2663-71 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the current state of this field and the important molecules that impact on cAMP-dependent mechanism in olfactory axon guidance. ..
- Khvorova A, Watts J. The chemical evolution of oligonucleotide therapies of clinical utility. Nat Biotechnol. 2017;35:238-248 pubmed publisher..There are multiple designs that enable effective targeting of the liver, but a second challenge is to develop architectures that enable robust clinical efficacy in additional tissues. ..
- Clemson C, Chow J, Brown C, Lawrence J. Stabilization and localization of Xist RNA are controlled by separate mechanisms and are not sufficient for X inactivation. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:13-23 pubmed..We hypothesize that chromosomal association of XIST RNA may initiate subsequent developmental events required to enact transcriptional silencing. ..
- Chen Y, Takizawa N, Crowley J, Oh S, Gatto C, Kambara T, et al. F-actin and myosin II binding domains in supervillin. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:46094-106 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that supervillin may mediate actin and myosin II filament organization at cholesterol-rich membrane domains. ..
- Zhang Y, Hassan M, Li Z, Stein J, Lian J, Van Wijnen A, et al. Intricate gene regulatory networks of helix-loop-helix (HLH) proteins support regulation of bone-tissue related genes during osteoblast differentiation. J Cell Biochem. 2008;105:487-96 pubmed publisher..g., Id) indirectly. Thus, our data suggest that the integrated activities of negative and positive E-box related regulatory factors control osteoblast differentiation. ..
- Gorczyca D, Ashley J, Speese S, Gherbesi N, Thomas U, Gundelfinger E, et al. Postsynaptic membrane addition depends on the Discs-Large-interacting t-SNARE Gtaxin. J Neurosci. 2007;27:1033-44 pubmed..We provide a mechanistic explanation for selective targeted membrane expansion at specific synaptic junctions. ..
- Kolpak A, Jiang J, Guo D, Standley C, Bellve K, Fogarty K, et al. Negative guidance factor-induced macropinocytosis in the growth cone plays a critical role in repulsive axon turning. J Neurosci. 2009;29:10488-98 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that macropinocytosis-mediated membrane trafficking is an important cellular mechanism involved in axon chemorepulsion induced by negative guidance factors. ..
- Das M, Garlick D, Greiner D, Davis R. The role of JNK in the development of hepatocellular carcinoma. Genes Dev. 2011;25:634-45 pubmed publisher..JNK promotes an inflammatory hepatic environment that supports tumor development, but also functions in hepatocytes to reduce tumor development. ..
- Chow C, Davis R. Integration of calcium and cyclic AMP signaling pathways by 14-3-3. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:702-12 pubmed..The regulated interaction between NFAT and 14-3-3 provides a mechanism for the integration of calcium and cAMP signaling pathways. ..
- Hall J, Davis R. Inhibition of the p38 pathway upregulates macrophage JNK and ERK activities, and the ERK, JNK, and p38 MAP kinase pathways are reprogrammed during differentiation of the murine myeloid M1 cell line. J Cell Biochem. 2002;86:1-11 pubmed..Thus, we speculate that during inflammatory conditions in vivo macrophage p38 may regulate JNK and ERK activity and inhibit IL-10 expression. These data highlight the importance of p38 in the molecular mechanisms of macrophage function. ..
- Tam N, Nyska A, Maronpot R, Kissling G, Lomnitski L, Suttie A, et al. Differential attenuation of oxidative/nitrosative injuries in early prostatic neoplastic lesions in TRAMP mice by dietary antioxidants. Prostate. 2006;66:57-69 pubmed..Our data indicate that in TRAMP mice, OS/NS injuries are likely involved in early prostatic tumorigenesis and can be modulated by various antioxidants. ..
- Wakhloo A, Gounis M. Retrievable closed cell intracranial stent for foreign body and clot removal. Neurosurgery. 2008;62:ONS390-3; discussion ONS393-4 pubmed publisher..No periprocedural adverse events were observed. These in vitro and in vivo studies suggest the potential use of retrievable stents for the removal of foreign bodies or clot from the intracranial circulation. ..
- Gealekman O, Burkart A, Chouinard M, Nicoloro S, Straubhaar J, Corvera S. Enhanced angiogenesis in obesity and in response to PPARgamma activators through adipocyte VEGF and ANGPTL4 production. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008;295:E1056-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, the interplay between VEGF and ANGPTL4 could lead to a net expansion of the adipose tissue capillary network, required for adipose tissue growth, in response to PPARgamma activators. ..
- Goel H, Sayeed A, Breen M, Zarif M, Garlick D, Leav I, et al. ?1 integrins mediate resistance to ionizing radiation in vivo by inhibiting c-Jun amino terminal kinase 1. J Cell Physiol. 2013;228:1601-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study demonstrates that ?1 integrins mediate resistance to ionizing radiation through inhibition of JNK1 activation. ..
- Looft F. Response of monkey glabrous skin mechanoreceptors to random noise sequences: II. Dynamic stimulus state analysis. Somatosens Mot Res. 1996;13:11-28 pubmed..PC afferents appeared to be preferentially sensitive to a combination of stimulus velocity and acceleration, but the data-sampling interval was too coarse to adequately resolve the full range of dynamic stimulus sensitivities. ..
- Knott T, Dopico A, Dayanithi G, LEMOS J, Treistman S. Integrated channel plasticity contributes to alcohol tolerance in neurohypophysial terminals. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;62:135-42 pubmed..Furthermore, they suggest that an understanding of tolerance requires the examination of dynamically coupled channel populations. ..
- Bettencourt R, Tanji T, Yagi Y, Ip Y. Toll and Toll-9 in Drosophila innate immune response. J Endotoxin Res. 2004;10:261-8 pubmed..Thus, the innate immune response in Drosophila is regulated by complex mechanisms, which involve Toll and other Toll-related proteins. ..
- Tenney J, Marshall P, King J, Ferris C. fMRI of generalized absence status epilepticus in conscious marmoset monkeys reveals corticothalamic activation. Epilepsia. 2004;45:1240-7 pubmed..No significant negative BOLD changes were seen. The BOLD fMRI data obtained in this marmoset monkey model of absence status epilepticus shows activation within the thalamus and cortex. ..
- Deplancke B, Dupuy D, Vidal M, Walhout A. A gateway-compatible yeast one-hybrid system. Genome Res. 2004;14:2093-101 pubmed..Taken together, the Gateway-compatible Y1H system will allow the high-throughput identification of protein-DNA interactions and may be a valuable tool to decipher transcription regulatory networks. ..
- Morrison A, Moss J, Stevens L, Evans J, Farrell C, Merithew E, et al. ART2, a T cell surface mono-ADP-ribosyltransferase, generates extracellular poly(ADP-ribose). J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33363-72 pubmed..The data suggest that capability of polymerizing ADP-ribose may not be unique to PARPs and that poly(ADP-ribosylation), an established nuclear activity, may occur extracellularly and modulate cell function. ..
- Odgren P, Pratt C, MacKay C, Mason Savas A, Curtain M, Shopland L, et al. Disheveled hair and ear (Dhe), a spontaneous mouse Lmna mutation modeling human laminopathies. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9959 pubmed publisher..Nuclear morphometry of cultured cells revealed gene dose-dependent blebbing and wrinkling. Dhe mice should provide a useful new model for investigations of the pathogenesis of laminopathies. ..
- St Pierre C, Chan M, Iwakura Y, Ayers D, Kurt Jones E, Finberg R. Periprosthetic osteolysis: characterizing the innate immune response to titanium wear-particles. J Orthop Res. 2010;28:1418-24 pubmed publisher..Efficacy of IL-1Ra treatment introduces the potential for antagonist-based therapies for implant osteolysis. ..
- Keeler A, Conlon T, Walter G, Zeng H, Shaffer S, Dungtao F, et al. Long-term correction of very long-chain acyl-coA dehydrogenase deficiency in mice using AAV9 gene therapy. Mol Ther. 2012;20:1131-8 pubmed publisher..These promising results suggest rAAV9 gene therapy as a potential treatment for VLCAD deficiency in humans. ..
- Zawatski W, Lee M. Male pubertal development: are endocrine-disrupting compounds shifting the norms?. J Endocrinol. 2013;218:R1-12 pubmed publisher..This paper will review the normal process of puberty in males and summarize human data that suggest potential perturbations in pubertal onset and tempo with early-life exposures to EDCs. ..
- Palace S, Proulx M, Lu S, Baker R, Goguen J. Genome-wide mutant fitness profiling identifies nutritional requirements for optimal growth of Yersinia pestis in deep tissue. MBio. 2014;5: pubmed publisher..Most of these functions are needed to acquire or synthesize nutrients. Interference with these critical nutrient acquisition pathways may be an effective strategy for designing novel antibiotics and vaccines. ..
- Li L, Rao K, Zheng Le Y, Hurd T, Lillo C, Khanna H. Loss of retinitis pigmentosa 2 (RP2) protein affects cone photoreceptor sensory cilium elongation in mice. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2015;72:447-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies identify a cone morphological defect in retinal degeneration due to ablation of RP2 and will assist in understanding cone-autonomous responses during disease and develop targeted therapies. ..
- Li S, Ling C, Zhong L, Li M, Su Q, He R, et al. Efficient and Targeted Transduction of Nonhuman Primate Liver With Systemically Delivered Optimized AAV3B Vectors. Mol Ther. 2015;23:1867-76 pubmed publisher..Clinical chemistry and histopathology examinations showed no apparent vector-related toxicity. Our studies should be important and informative for clinical development of optimized AAV3B vectors for human liver-directed gene therapy. ..
- Szafran A, Mancini M, Nickerson J, Edwards D, Mancini M. Use of HCA in subproteome-immunization and screening of hybridoma supernatants to define distinct antibody binding patterns. Methods. 2016;96:75-84 pubmed publisher..Detailed here is our method, the analysis techniques, and a discussion of the application to further in vivo antibody production. ..
- Wu S, Fagan R, Uttamapinant C, Lifshitz L, Fogarty K, Ting A, et al. The Dopamine Transporter Recycles via a Retromer-Dependent Postendocytic Mechanism: Tracking Studies Using a Novel Fluorophore-Coupling Approach. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9438-9452 pubmed publisher..In addition to shedding light on this critical process, these findings resolve conflict among multiple, seemingly disparate, previous reports on DAT's postendocytic fate. ..
- Li P, Allen H, Banerjee S, Franklin S, Herzog L, Johnston C, et al. Mice deficient in IL-1 beta-converting enzyme are defective in production of mature IL-1 beta and resistant to endotoxic shock. Cell. 1995;80:401-11 pubmed..ICE therefore plays a dominant role in the generation of mature IL-1 beta, a previously unsuspected role in production of IL-1 alpha, but has no autonomous function in apoptosis. ..
- Purohit A, Tynan S, Vallee R, Doxsey S. Direct interaction of pericentrin with cytoplasmic dynein light intermediate chain contributes to mitotic spindle organization. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:481-92 pubmed..These results provide the first physiological role for LIC, and they suggest that a pericentrin-dynein interaction in vivo contributes to the assembly, organization, and function of centrosomes and mitotic spindles. ..
- Corey E, Mirza A, Levandowsky E, Iorio R. Fusion deficiency induced by mutations at the dimer interface in the Newcastle disease virus hemagglutinin-neuraminidase is due to a temperature-dependent defect in receptor binding. J Virol. 2003;77:6913-22 pubmed..Instead, the interface mutations acted by weakening the interaction between HN and its receptor(s). The phenotype of these mutants correlates with the disruption of intermonomer subunit interactions. ..
- Ilangovan R, Marshall W, Hua Y, Zhou J. Inhibition of apoptosis by Z-VAD-fmk in SMN-depleted S2 cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30993-9 pubmed..These results suggest that dSMN is involved in signal pathways of apoptotic cell death in Drosophila. Hence, the model system of reduced SMN expression by RNAi in Drosophila could be exploited for identification of therapeutic targets. ..
- Follit J, San Agustin J, Xu F, Jonassen J, Samtani R, Lo C, et al. The Golgin GMAP210/TRIP11 anchors IFT20 to the Golgi complex. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000315 pubmed publisher..This work suggests that GMAP210 and IFT20 function together at the Golgi in the sorting or transport of proteins destined for the ciliary membrane. ..