Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Publications874 found, 100 shown here
- Upadhyaya A, Baraban M, Wong J, Matsudaira P, van Oudenaarden A, Mahadevan L. Power-limited contraction dynamics of Vorticella convallaria: an ultrafast biological spring. Biophys J. 2008;94:265-72 pubmed..We corroborate this by using beads as markers on the stalk and find that the contraction starts at the cell body and proceeds down the stalk at a speed that exceeds the velocity of the cell body. ..
- Park B, Brinkmann M, Spooner E, Lee C, Kim Y, Ploegh H. Proteolytic cleavage in an endolysosomal compartment is required for activation of Toll-like receptor 9. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:1407-14 pubmed publisher..Lysosomal proteolysis thus contributes to innate immunity by facilitating specific cleavage of TLR9. ..
- Cohen D, Supinski A, Bonkowski M, Donmez G, Guarente L. Neuronal SIRT1 regulates endocrine and behavioral responses to calorie restriction. Genes Dev. 2009;23:2812-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Sirt1 in the brain is a link between somatotropic signaling and CR in mammals. ..
- Reinke A, Grigoryan G, Keating A. Identification of bZIP interaction partners of viral proteins HBZ, MEQ, BZLF1, and K-bZIP using coiled-coil arrays. Biochemistry. 2010;49:1985-97 pubmed publisher..Anti-MEQ also inhibited MEQ binding to DNA. These studies can guide further investigation of the function of viral and human bZIP complexes. ..
- Brito L, Singh M. Acceptable levels of endotoxin in vaccine formulations during preclinical research. J Pharm Sci. 2011;100:34-7 pubmed publisher..It is clear that certain families of vaccines such as toxoids contain much higher levels of endotoxin, where others such as purified recombinant subunits and gene vectors may contain very low levels. ..
- Garcia D, Baek D, Shin C, Bell G, Grimson A, Bartel D. Weak seed-pairing stability and high target-site abundance decrease the proficiency of lsy-6 and other microRNAs. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:1139-46 pubmed publisher..We propose that siRNAs designed to have both weaker SPS and higher TA will have fewer off-targets without compromised on-target activity. ..
- Cheng A, Lu T. Synthetic biology: an emerging engineering discipline. Annu Rev Biomed Eng. 2012;14:155-78 pubmed publisher..This review aims to discuss the progress and challenges in synthetic biology and to illustrate areas where synthetic biology may impact biomedical engineering and human health. ..
- Levkovich T, Poutahidis T, Smillie C, Varian B, Ibrahim Y, Lakritz J, et al. Probiotic bacteria induce a 'glow of health'. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53867 pubmed publisher..Together these data provide insights into mammalian evolution and novel strategies for integumentary health. ..
- Graff J, Kahn M, Samiei A, Gao J, Ota K, Rei D, et al. A dietary regimen of caloric restriction or pharmacological activation of SIRT1 to delay the onset of neurodegeneration. J Neurosci. 2013;33:8951-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, SIRT1-activating compounds might provide a pharmacological alternative to the regimen of CR against neurodegeneration and its associated ailments. ..
- Birsoy K, Possemato R, Lorbeer F, Bayraktar E, Thiru P, Yücel B, et al. Metabolic determinants of cancer cell sensitivity to glucose limitation and biguanides. Nature. 2014;508:108-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that mtDNA mutations and impaired glucose utilization are potential biomarkers for identifying tumours with increased sensitivity to OXPHOS inhibitors. ..
- McCarroll S, Feng G, Hyman S. Genome-scale neurogenetics: methodology and meaning. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:756-63 pubmed publisher..Here we describe early results from genome-scale studies of large numbers of subjects and the emerging significance of these results for neurobiology. ..
- Dutta C, Avitahl Curtis N, Pursell N, Larsson Cohen M, Holmes B, Diwanji R, et al. Inhibition of Glycolate Oxidase With Dicer-substrate siRNA Reduces Calcium Oxalate Deposition in a Mouse Model of Primary Hyperoxaluria Type 1. Mol Ther. 2016;24:770-8 pubmed publisher..Our results support the use of DsiRNA to reduce liver GO levels as a potential therapeutic approach to treat PH1. ..
- McFarland C, Yaglom J, Wojtkowiak J, Scott J, Morse D, Sherman M, et al. The Damaging Effect of Passenger Mutations on Cancer Progression. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4763-4772 pubmed publisher..The antitumor effects of chemotherapies can in part be due to the induction of genomic instability and increased passenger load. Cancer Res; 77(18); 4763-72. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Piatkevich K, Suk H, Kodandaramaiah S, Yoshida F, DeGennaro E, Drobizhev M, et al. Near-Infrared Fluorescent Proteins Engineered from Bacterial Phytochromes in Neuroimaging. Biophys J. 2017;113:2299-2309 pubmed publisher..All studied iRFPs exhibited efficient binding of the endogenous biliverdin chromophore in cultured neurons and in the mammalian brain and can be readily applied to neuroimaging. ..
- Clyne A, Zhu H, Edelman E. Elevated fibroblast growth factor-2 increases tumor necrosis factor-alpha induced endothelial cell death in high glucose. J Cell Physiol. 2008;217:86-92 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that growth factor outcomes in high glucose depend on secondary mediators such as cytokines and stimulation cell cycle timing. ..
- Kupperman E, Lee E, Cao Y, Bannerman B, Fitzgerald M, Berger A, et al. Evaluation of the proteasome inhibitor MLN9708 in preclinical models of human cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1970-80 pubmed publisher..Moreover, antitumor activity was shown via multiple dosing routes, including oral gavage. Taken together, these data support the clinical development of MLN9708 for both hematologic and solid tumor indications...
- Libert S, Guarente L. Metabolic and neuropsychiatric effects of calorie restriction and sirtuins. Annu Rev Physiol. 2013;75:669-84 pubmed publisher..We review the molecular understanding of CR; the role of sirtuins in CR; and the effects of sirtuins on physiology, mood, and behavior. ..
- Jones R, Gelbart W. Genetic analysis of the enhancer of zeste locus and its role in gene regulation in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1990;126:185-99 pubmed..We propose that the E(z) loss-of-function eye color and homeotic phenotypes may both be due to gene derepression, and that the E(z)+ product may be a general repressing factor required for both examples of negative gene regulation. ..
- Birchler J, Hiebert J, Paigen K. Analysis of autosomal dosage compensation involving the alcohol dehydrogenase locus in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1990;124:679-86 pubmed..The role of autosomal dosage compensation in understanding aneuploid syndromes and karyotype evolution in Drosophila species is discussed. ..
- Yang J, Laymon R, Goldstein L. A three-domain structure of kinesin heavy chain revealed by DNA sequence and microtubule binding analyses. Cell. 1989;56:879-89 pubmed..These data suggest that kinesin has an organization very similar to that of myosin even though there are no obvious sequence similarities between the two molecules. ..
- Xu X, Burke S. Roles of active site residues and the NH2-terminal domain in the catalysis and substrate binding of human Cdc25. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:5118-24 pubmed..Deletion mutagenesis data also indicate that the phosphatase catalytic domains of Cdc25A and -B proteins are located within their carboxyl terminus. ..
- Bader B, Rayburn H, Crowley D, Hynes R. Extensive vasculogenesis, angiogenesis, and organogenesis precede lethality in mice lacking all alpha v integrins. Cell. 1998;95:507-19 pubmed..These results necessitate reevaluation of the primacy of alphav integrins in many functions including vascular development, despite reports that blockade of these integrins with antibodies or peptides prevents angiogenesis. ..
- Sun Z, Hopkins N. vhnf1, the MODY5 and familial GCKD-associated gene, regulates regional specification of the zebrafish gut, pronephros, and hindbrain. Genes Dev. 2001;15:3217-29 pubmed..The similarity between vhnf1-associated fish phenotypes and human symptoms suggests a correlation between developmental functions of vhnf1 and the molecular etiology of MODY5 and GCKD. ..
- Bishop N, Guarente L. Two neurons mediate diet-restriction-induced longevity in C. elegans. Nature. 2007;447:545-9 pubmed
- Jagani Z, Mora Blanco E, Sansam C, McKenna E, Wilson B, Chen D, et al. Loss of the tumor suppressor Snf5 leads to aberrant activation of the Hedgehog-Gli pathway. Nat Med. 2010;16:1429-33 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our studies reveal that SNF5 is a key mediator of Hh signaling and that aberrant activation of GLI1 is a previously undescribed targetable mechanism contributing to the growth of MRT cells. ..
- Gurtan A, Ravi A, Rahl P, Bosson A, Jnbaptiste C, Bhutkar A, et al. Let-7 represses Nr6a1 and a mid-gestation developmental program in adult fibroblasts. Genes Dev. 2013;27:941-54 pubmed publisher..In total, let-7 is required for the continual suppression of embryonic gene expression in adult cells, a mechanism that may underlie its tumor-suppressive function. ..
- Hillier S, Maresca K, Lu G, Merkin R, Marquis J, Zimmerman C, et al. 99mTc-labeled small-molecule inhibitors of prostate-specific membrane antigen for molecular imaging of prostate cancer. J Nucl Med. 2013;54:1369-76 pubmed publisher..These (99m)Tc-labeled radiopharmaceuticals targeting PSMA may provide a SPECT molecular imaging option to assist in the initial diagnosis of prostate cancer and the management of patient care by monitoring disease progression. ..
- Colgrove R, Liu X, Griffiths A, Raja P, DeLuca N, Newman R, et al. History and genomic sequence analysis of the herpes simplex virus 1 KOS and KOS1.1 sub-strains. Virology. 2016;487:215-21 pubmed publisher..1 phenotypic properties of increased replication at high temperature and reduced neuroinvasiveness. The study also provides sequence markers to define the provenance of specific laboratory KOS virus stocks. ..
- Wong S, Hynes R. Lymphatic or hematogenous dissemination: how does a metastatic tumor cell decide?. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:812-7 pubmed..Insights into tumor and stromal factors governing the intravasation process may help explain why certain tumors exhibit "preferred" pathways for metastatic dissemination, both clinically and in experimental animal models. ..
- Dubreuil R, Byers T, Branton D, Goldstein L, Kiehart D. Drosophilia spectrin. I. Characterization of the purified protein. J Cell Biol. 1987;105:2095-102 pubmed..d) The Drosophila protein exhibits both actin-binding and calcium-dependent calmodulin-binding activities. Based on the above criteria, this protein appears to be a bona fide member of the spectrin family of proteins. ..
- Bikoff E, Huang L, Episkopou V, van Meerwijk J, Germain R, Robertson E. Defective major histocompatibility complex class II assembly, transport, peptide acquisition, and CD4+ T cell selection in mice lacking invariant chain expression. J Exp Med. 1993;177:1699-712 pubmed..Overall, this striking phenotype establishes that the invariant chain plays a critical role in regulating MHC class II expression and function in the intact animal. ..
- Pepicelli C, Kispert A, Rowitch D, McMahon A. GDNF induces branching and increased cell proliferation in the ureter of the mouse. Dev Biol. 1997;192:193-8 pubmed..These results support a model in which GDNF supplied by the mesenchyme regulates growth and branching in the metanephric kidney through the local regulation of ureter tip-specific factors. ..
- Parr B, Avery E, Cygan J, McMahon A. The classical mouse mutant postaxial hemimelia results from a mutation in the Wnt 7a gene. Dev Biol. 1998;202:228-34 pubmed..Thus, the px mutation is predicted to be a likely null allele of the Wnt 7a gene. Our results provide another interesting example of a classical mutation that disrupts an important patterning gene in development. ..
- Ling V, Wu P, Finnerty H, Sharpe A, Gray G, Collins M. Complete sequence determination of the mouse and human CTLA4 gene loci: cross-species DNA sequence similarity beyond exon borders. Genomics. 1999;60:341-55 pubmed..The conservation of CTLA4 gene patterning raises the possibility that constrained gene evolution of CTLA4 may be linked to conserved transcriptional control of this locus. ..
- Sharp P. RNA interference--2001. Genes Dev. 2001;15:485-90 pubmed
- Fox J, Handt L, Sheppard B, Xu S, Dewhirst F, Motzel S, et al. Isolation of Helicobacter cinaedi from the colon, liver, and mesenteric lymph node of a rhesus monkey with chronic colitis and hepatitis. J Clin Microbiol. 2001;39:1580-5 pubmed..This is the first observation of H. cinaedi associated with active hepatitis and colitis in a nonhuman primate. ..
- Sampson N, Ryan S, Enke D, Cosgrove D, Koteliansky V, Gotwals P. Global gene expression analysis reveals a role for the alpha 1 integrin in renal pathogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:34182-8 pubmed
- Kissil J, Johnson K, Eckman M, Jacks T. Merlin phosphorylation by p21-activated kinase 2 and effects of phosphorylation on merlin localization. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:10394-9 pubmed..By using wild-type and mutated forms of merlin and phospho-directed antibodies, we show that phosphorylation of merlin at serine 518 leads to dramatic protein relocalization. ..
- Holway A, Hung C, Michael W. Systematic, RNA-interference-mediated identification of mus-101 modifier genes in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2005;169:1451-60 pubmed..These results expand our understanding of MUS-101 regulation and show that genetic interactions can be uncovered using screening strategies that rely solely on RNAi. ..
- McCauley T, Kurz J, Merlino P, Lewis S, Gilbert M, Epstein D, et al. Pharmacologic and pharmacokinetic assessment of anti-TGFbeta2 aptamers in rabbit plasma and aqueous humor. Pharm Res. 2006;23:303-11 pubmed..Perioperative administration, via subconjunctival injection, may prove to be an effective means to deliver therapeutic quantities of TGFbeta2 aptamer conjugates in trabeculectomy procedures. ..
- Esser A, Smith K, Weaver J, Levin M. Mathematical model of morphogen electrophoresis through gap junctions. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2144-59 pubmed..This conceptual framework for modeling gap junctional signaling -- an epigenetic patterning mechanism of wide relevance in biological regulation -- suggests numerous experimental approaches in other patterning systems. ..
- Schopf L, Savinainen A, Anderson K, Kujawa J, DuPont M, Silva M, et al. IKKbeta inhibition protects against bone and cartilage destruction in a rat model of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:3163-73 pubmed..Methods for the determination of serum markers for bone and cartilage destruction, as well as micro-CT analysis, may aid in predicting and evaluating the therapeutic efficacy of IKKbeta inhibition therapy in humans. ..
- Fang Yen C, Oh S, Park Y, Choi W, Song S, Seung H, et al. Imaging voltage-dependent cell motions with heterodyne Mach-Zehnder phase microscopy. Opt Lett. 2007;32:1572-4 pubmed..We use the microscope to image cultured neurons and measure nanometer-scale voltage-dependent motions in cells expressing the membrane motor protein prestin. ..
- Whitcome K, Shapiro L, Lieberman D. Fetal load and the evolution of lumbar lordosis in bipedal hominins. Nature. 2007;450:1075-8 pubmed..Similarly dimorphic morphologies in fossil vertebrae of Australopithecus suggest that this adaptation to fetal load preceded the evolution of Homo. ..
- Fernandez Suarez M, Ting A. Fluorescent probes for super-resolution imaging in living cells. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2008;9:929-43 pubmed publisher..We describe the features of existing super-resolution fluorophores and highlight areas of importance for future research and development. ..
- Stanton B, Peng L, Maloof N, Nakai K, Wang X, Duffner J, et al. A small molecule that binds Hedgehog and blocks its signaling in human cells. Nat Chem Biol. 2009;5:154-6 pubmed publisher..Shh pathway activity is rescued by small-molecule agonists of Smoothened, which functions immediately downstream of the Shh receptor Patched. ..
- Yesilaltay A, Daniels K, Pal R, Krieger M, Kocher O. Loss of PDZK1 causes coronary artery occlusion and myocardial infarction in Paigen diet-fed apolipoprotein E deficient mice. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8103 pubmed publisher..These results show that Paigen-diet fed PDZK1/apoE dKO mice represent a new animal model useful for studying coronary heart disease and suggest that PDZK1 may represent a valuable target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Rossi M. Fabricating authenticity: modeling a whale at the American Museum of Natural History, 1906-1974. Isis. 2010;101:338-61 pubmed
- Feldser D, Kostova K, Winslow M, Taylor S, Cashman C, Whittaker C, et al. Stage-specific sensitivity to p53 restoration during lung cancer progression. Nature. 2010;468:572-5 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that restoration of pathways important in tumour progression, as opposed to initiation, may lead to incomplete tumour regression due to the stage-heterogeneity of tumour cell populations. ..
- Drake A, Khoury M, Leskov I, Iliopoulou B, Fragoso M, Lodish H, et al. Human CD34+ CD133+ hematopoietic stem cells cultured with growth factors including Angptl5 efficiently engraft adult NOD-SCID Il2r?-/- (NSG) mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18382 pubmed publisher..The ability to expand human HSCs in vitro should facilitate clinical use of HSCs and large-scale construction of humanized mice from the same donor for research applications. ..
- Rennert P. Novel roles for TIM-1 in immunity and infection. Immunol Lett. 2011;141:28-35 pubmed publisher..Of considerable interest are the novel findings that TIM-1 mediates virus entry and virulence. ..
- Ulitsky I, Shkumatava A, Jan C, Subtelny A, Koppstein D, Bell G, et al. Extensive alternative polyadenylation during zebrafish development. Genome Res. 2012;22:2054-66 pubmed publisher..Our insights into the identities, formation, and evolution of zebrafish 3' UTRs provide a resource for studying gene regulation during vertebrate development. ..
- Nelson C, Kim M, Hsin H, Chen Y, Sheng M. Phosphorylation of threonine-19 of PSD-95 by GSK-3? is required for PSD-95 mobilization and long-term depression. J Neurosci. 2013;33:12122-35 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that phosphorylation on T19 by GSK-3? destabilizes PSD-95 within the PSD and is a critical step for AMPA receptor mobilization and LTD. ..
- Abdi K, Chen T, Klein B, Tai A, Coursen J, Liu X, et al. Mechanisms by which Porphyromonas gingivalis evades innate immunity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182164 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that P. gingivalis has evolved potent mechanisms to modulate its virulence factors and dampen the innate immune response by selectively inactivating most proinflammatory cytokines...
- Dassule H, McMahon A. Analysis of epithelial-mesenchymal interactions in the initial morphogenesis of the mammalian tooth. Dev Biol. 1998;202:215-27 pubmed..Thus, there are distinct targets for all three pathways. Interestingly, both Bmp and Wnt signaling activate Lef1, making it a candidate for integrating the two distinct signaling pathways. ..
- Socolovsky M, Fallon A, Wang S, Brugnara C, Lodish H. Fetal anemia and apoptosis of red cell progenitors in Stat5a-/-5b-/- mice: a direct role for Stat5 in Bcl-X(L) induction. Cell. 1999;98:181-91 pubmed..These findings are explained by a crucial role for Stat5 in EpoR's antiapoptotic signaling: it mediates the immediate-early induction of Bcl-X(L) in erythroid cells through direct binding to the Bcl-X promoter. ..
- Sah D, Ossipo M, Porreca F. Neurotrophic factors as novel therapeutics for neuropathic pain. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2003;2:460-72 pubmed..Moreover, neurotrophic factors have the potential to address the underlying pathophysiology of neuropathic pain, thereby halting or reversing the disease process. ..
- Guarente L, Picard F. Calorie restriction--the SIR2 connection. Cell. 2005;120:473-82 pubmed
- Guarente L. Sirtuins as potential targets for metabolic syndrome. Nature. 2006;444:868-74 pubmed..Sirtuins and other important metabolic pathways that affect calorie restriction may serve as entry points for drugs to treat metabolic syndrome. ..
- Zeskind B, Jordan C, Timp W, Trapani L, Waller G, Horodincu V, et al. Nucleic acid and protein mass mapping by live-cell deep-ultraviolet microscopy. Nat Methods. 2007;4:567-9 pubmed..Combined with computational methods that convert the intensity of each pixel into an estimate of mass, deep-UV microscopy images generate maps of nucleic acid mass, protein mass and fluorescence yield in unlabeled cells. ..
- Grimson A, Srivastava M, Fahey B, Woodcroft B, Chiang H, King N, et al. Early origins and evolution of microRNAs and Piwi-interacting RNAs in animals. Nature. 2008;455:1193-7 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, miRNAs and piRNAs have been available as classes of riboregulators to shape gene expression throughout the evolution and radiation of animal phyla. ..
- Reddy P, Legault H, Sypek J, Collins M, Goad E, Goldman S, et al. Mapping similarities in mTOR pathway perturbations in mouse lupus nephritis models and human lupus nephritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2008;10:R127 pubmed publisher..This broad pathway-based approach to understanding the similarities in, and differences between, animal models and human diseases may have broader utility. ..
- Flannery C, Zollner R, Corcoran C, Jones A, Root A, Rivera Bermudez M, et al. Prevention of cartilage degeneration in a rat model of osteoarthritis by intraarticular treatment with recombinant lubricin. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:840-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate the potential use of recombinant lubricin molecules in novel biotherapeutic approaches to the treatment of OA and associated cartilage abnormalities. ..
- Bao R, Lai C, Qu H, Wang D, Yin L, Zifcak B, et al. CUDC-305, a novel synthetic HSP90 inhibitor with unique pharmacologic properties for cancer therapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:4046-57 pubmed publisher..CUDC-305 is a promising drug candidate for the treatment of a variety of cancers, including brain malignancies. ..
- Calo E, Quintero Estades J, Danielian P, Nedelcu S, Berman S, Lees J. Rb regulates fate choice and lineage commitment in vivo. Nature. 2010;466:1110-4 pubmed publisher..Here we use mouse models to address this hypothesis in mesenchymal tissue development and tumorigenesis. Our data show that Rb status plays a key role in establishing fate choice between bone and brown adipose tissue in vivo. ..
- Krieg A. CpG still rocks! Update on an accidental drug. Nucleic Acid Ther. 2012;22:77-89 pubmed publisher..Along with many positive results have come some failures showing the limitations of several therapeutic approaches. This review summarizes these results to provide an overview of the clinical development of CpG ODN. ..
- Ray R, Arora K, Nusslein Volhard C, Gelbart W. The control of cell fate along the dorsal-ventral axis of the Drosophila embryo. Development. 1991;113:35-54 pubmed..Two of the genes, dpp and twi, are unaffected by mutations in any of the tested zygotic dorsal-ventral genes, suggesting that dpp and twi are the primary patterning genes for dorsal ectoderm and mesoderm, respectively...
- Song K, Li Shengwen -, Okamoto T, Quilliam L, Sargiacomo M, Lisanti M. Co-purification and direct interaction of Ras with caveolin, an integral membrane protein of caveolae microdomains. Detergent-free purification of caveolae microdomains. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:9690-7 pubmed
- McCann C, Tapia J, Kim H, Coggan J, Lichtman J. Rapid and modifiable neurotransmitter receptor dynamics at a neuronal synapse in vivo. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:807-15 pubmed publisher..Therefore, neurotransmitter receptor dynamism associated with rapid changes in synaptic efficacy precedes long-lasting structural changes in synaptic connectivity. ..
- Lo S, Ahuja N, Francis N. Polycomb group protein Suppressor 2 of zeste is a functional homolog of Posterior Sex Combs. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:515-25 pubmed publisher..Our results establish Suppressor 2 of zeste as a functional homolog of Posterior Sex Combs and suggest that the two proteins operate via similar molecular mechanisms. ..
- Gavin J, Chen J, Liao H, Rollins N, Yang X, Xu Q, et al. Mechanistic studies on activation of ubiquitin and di-ubiquitin-like protein, FAT10, by ubiquitin-like modifier activating enzyme 6, Uba6. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:15512-22 pubmed publisher..Together with expression level analysis in IM-9 cells, this study sheds light on the potential role of cytokine-induced FAT10 expression in regulating Uba6 pathways. ..
- Nakagawa Toyama Y, Zhang S, Krieger M. Dietary manipulation and social isolation alter disease progression in a murine model of coronary heart disease. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47965 pubmed publisher..HypoE mice can be used for the analysis of the effects of environment (diet, social isolation) on a variety of features of cardiovascular disease. ..
- Maddin H, Jenkins F, Anderson J. The braincase of Eocaecilia micropodia (Lissamphibia, Gymnophiona) and the origin of Caecilians. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50743 pubmed publisher..Together these data increase confidence in incorporating E. micropodia into discussions of caecilian evolution. ..
- Shin S, Jung S, Zalabany M, Kim K, Zorlutuna P, Kim S, et al. Carbon-nanotube-embedded hydrogel sheets for engineering cardiac constructs and bioactuators. ACS Nano. 2013;7:2369-80 pubmed publisher..These hybrid materials could also be used for neuron and other muscle cells to create tissue constructs with improved organization, electroactivity, and mechanical integrity. ..
- Hacisuleyman E, Goff L, Trapnell C, Williams A, Henao Mejia J, Sun L, et al. Topological organization of multichromosomal regions by the long intergenic noncoding RNA Firre. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:198-206 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest a model in which lncRNAs such as Firre can interface with and modulate nuclear architecture across chromosomes. ..
- Gannon H, KAPLAN N, Tsherniak A, Vazquez F, Weir B, Hahn W, et al. Identification of an "Exceptional Responder" Cell Line to MEK1 Inhibition: Clinical Implications for MEK-Targeted Therapy. Mol Cancer Res. 2016;14:207-15 pubmed publisher..Cancers with an activated RAS/MAPK pathway driven by oncogenic MAP2K1 mutations may be particularly sensitive to MEK1 inhibitor treatments. ..
- Takaesu N, Lower J, Robertson E, Bikoff E. Major histocompatibility class II peptide occupancy, antigen presentation, and CD4+ T cell function in mice lacking the p41 isoform of invariant chain. Immunity. 1995;3:385-96 pubmed..In short, MHC class II expression and function are surprisingly unaffected in mice lacking p41 invariant chain, implying that the p31 and p41 isoforms may be functionally redundant in the intact animal. ..
- Lee T, Wyrick J, Koh S, Jennings E, Gadbois E, Young R. Interplay of positive and negative regulators in transcription initiation by RNA polymerase II holoenzyme. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4455-62 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that transcription initiation involves a dynamic balance between activation mediated by specific components of the holoenzyme and repression by multiple TBP-associated regulators. ..
- Hauser M. Perseveration, inhibition and the prefrontal cortex: a new look. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 1999;9:214-22 pubmed..Recent studies on humans, chimpanzees, rhesus macaques, Japanese macaques, cotton-top tamarins and marmosets support this notion. ..
- Gao W, Topham P, King J, Smiley S, Csizmadia V, Lu B, et al. Targeting of the chemokine receptor CCR1 suppresses development of acute and chronic cardiac allograft rejection. J Clin Invest. 2000;105:35-44 pubmed..We conclude that therapies to block CCR1/ligand interactions may prove useful in preventing acute and chronic rejection clinically. ..
- Kuberan B, Lech M, Borjigin J, Rosenberg R. Light-induced 3-O-sulfotransferase expression alters pineal heparan sulfate fine structure. A surprising link to circadian rhythm. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5053-4 pubmed
- Quinn G, Wood J, Suling K, Arn S, Sachs D, Schuurman H, et al. Genotyping of porcine endogenous retroviruses from a family of miniature swine. J Virol. 2004;78:314-9 pubmed
- Boutin S, Rogers A, Shen Z, Fry R, Love J, Nambiar P, et al. Hepatic temporal gene expression profiling in Helicobacter hepaticus-infected A/JCr mice. Toxicol Pathol. 2004;32:678-93 pubmed
- Pesin J, Orr Weaver T. Regulation of APC/C activators in mitosis and meiosis. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 2008;24:475-99 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the regulation of APC/C activators during mitosis and the role and regulation of the APC/C during female meiosis. ..