Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Publications1841 found, 100 shown here
- Garan A, Maron B, Wang P, Estes N, Link M. Role of streptomycin-sensitive stretch-activated channel in chest wall impact induced sudden death (commotio cordis). J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2005;16:433-8 pubmed..However, streptomycin did reduce ST elevation following impact suggesting that the stretch-activated channel may play a role in ST segment elevation following chest wall blows. ..
- Pinz I, Wax S, Anderson P, Ingwall J. Low over-expression of TNFalpha in the mouse heart increases contractile performance via TNFR1. J Cell Biochem. 2008;105:99-107 pubmed publisher..We suggest that low levels of TNFalpha increase the Ca(2+) sensitivity of the heart via a TNFR1-mediated mechanism. ..
- Shih S, Zukauskas A, Li D, Liu G, Ang L, Nagy J, et al. The L6 protein TM4SF1 is critical for endothelial cell function and tumor angiogenesis. Cancer Res. 2009;69:3272-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, TM4SF1 is a key regulator of EC function in vitro and of pathologic angiogenesis in vivo and is potentially an attractive target for antiangiogenesis therapy. ..
- Schnitzler A, Mellott T, Lopez Coviella I, Tallini Y, Kotlikoff M, Follettie M, et al. BMP9 (bone morphogenetic protein 9) induces NGF as an autocrine/paracrine cholinergic trophic factor in developing basal forebrain neurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8221-8 pubmed publisher..The data suggest an autocrine/paracrine role for NGF in the development and/or maintenance of BFCN and imply that the stimulation of NGF production and release contributes to the cholinergic-supportive properties of BMP9. ..
- Oxenkrug G, Bachurin S, Prakhie I, Zefirov N. Quinone reductase 2 and antidepressant effect of melatonin derivatives. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010;1199:121-4 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the modulation of QR2/MT3 might contribute to mechanism(s) of antidepressant effect. New antidepressants might be searched among the agonists of QR2/MT3. ..
- Bartlett J, Dobeck J, Tye C, Perez Moreno M, Stokes N, Reynolds A, et al. Targeted p120-catenin ablation disrupts dental enamel development. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..These data reveal a critical role for p120 in tooth and dental enamel development and are consistent with p120 directing the attachment and detachment of the secretory stage ameloblasts as they move in rows. ..
- Poulose S, Fisher D, Larson J, Bielinski D, Rimando A, Carey A, et al. Anthocyanin-rich açai (Euterpe oleracea Mart.) fruit pulp fractions attenuate inflammatory stress signaling in mouse brain BV-2 microglial cells. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:1084-93 pubmed publisher..The current study offers valuable insights into the protective effects of açai pulp fractions on brain cells, which could have implications for improved cognitive and motor functions. ..
- Kaur S, Pedersen N, Yokota S, Hur E, Fuller P, Lazarus M, et al. Glutamatergic signaling from the parabrachial nucleus plays a critical role in hypercapnic arousal. J Neurosci. 2013;33:7627-40 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that glutamatergic neurons in the lateral PB are necessary for arousals from sleep in response to CO2, while medial PB glutamatergic neurons play an important role in promoting spontaneous waking. ..
- Seth P, Csizmadia E, Hedblom A, Vuerich M, Xie H, Li M, et al. Deletion of Lactate Dehydrogenase-A in Myeloid Cells Triggers Antitumor Immunity. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3632-3643 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(13); 3632-43. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Lu X, Peled N, Greer J, Wu W, Choi P, Berger A, et al. MET Exon 14 Mutation Encodes an Actionable Therapeutic Target in Lung Adenocarcinoma. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4498-4505 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(16); 4498-505. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Killpack T, Ballesteros M, Bunnell S, Bedugnis A, Kobzik L, Hu L, et al. Phagocytic Receptors Activate Syk and Src Signaling during Borrelia burgdorferi Phagocytosis. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..Thus, we report that multiple pathways participate in B. burgdorferi internalization and that different cell surface receptors act simultaneously in cooperation and independently to mediate phagocytosis. ..
- Quintana F. Astrocytes to the rescue! Glia limitans astrocytic endfeet control CNS inflammation. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2897-2899 pubmed publisher..Together, the results of this study indicate that the inducible barrier of the glia limitans should be further explored as a therapeutic target. ..
- Pazos M, Lanter B, Yonker L, Eaton A, Pirzai W, Gronert K, et al. Pseudomonas aeruginosa ExoU augments neutrophil transepithelial migration. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006548 pubmed publisher..This suggests that ExoU expression in P. aeruginosa can circumvent immune regulation at key signaling checkpoints in the neutrophil, resulting in exacerbated neutrophil recruitment. ..
- Bories J, Willerford D, Grevin D, Davidson L, Camus A, Martin P, et al. Increased T-cell apoptosis and terminal B-cell differentiation induced by inactivation of the Ets-1 proto-oncogene. Nature. 1995;377:635-8 pubmed..In contrast, Ets-1-deficient B cells were present in normal numbers but a large proportion were IgM plasma cells. Our data demonstrate that Ets-1 is essential for maintenance of the normal pool of resting T- and B-lineage cells. ..
- LeDuc B, Sinclair P, Walton H, Sinclair J, Greenblatt D, Shuster L. Cocaine toxicity in cultured chicken hepatocytes: role of cytochrome P450. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 1994;125:322-32 pubmed..We conclude that this hepatocyte culture system is highly sensitive to COC toxicity and that constitutive as well as induced cytochrome P450 isoforms are involved in the production of liver damage from COC...
- Hu D, Ikizawa K, Lu L, Sanchirico M, Shinohara M, Cantor H. Analysis of regulatory CD8 T cells in Qa-1-deficient mice. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:516-23 pubmed..These findings delineate a Qa-1-dependent T cell-T cell inhibitory interaction that prevents the pathogenic expansion of autoreactive CD4 T cell populations and consequent autoimmune disease. ..
- Schulze P, Yoshioka J, Takahashi T, He Z, King G, Lee R. Hyperglycemia promotes oxidative stress through inhibition of thioredoxin function by thioredoxin-interacting protein. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30369-74 pubmed..These studies implicate reduced thioredoxin activity through interaction with Txnip as an important mechanism for vascular oxidative stress in diabetes mellitus. ..
- Takahashi T, Basu A, Bermudez V, Hurwitz J, Walter J. Cdc7-Drf1 kinase links chromosome cohesion to the initiation of DNA replication in Xenopus egg extracts. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1894-905 pubmed publisher..These results show that DDK is required to tether Scc2-Scc4 to pre-RCs, and they underscore the intimate link between early steps in DNA replication and cohesion. ..
- Li X, Sodroski J. The TRIM5alpha B-box 2 domain promotes cooperative binding to the retroviral capsid by mediating higher-order self-association. J Virol. 2008;82:11495-502 pubmed publisher..Thus, B-box 2-dependent higher-order self-association and B30.2(SPRY)-dependent capsid binding represent complementary mechanisms whereby sufficiently dense arrays of capsid-bound TRIM5alpha proteins can be achieved. ..
- Magnotti L, Goodenough D, Paul D. Functional heterotypic interactions between astrocyte and oligodendrocyte connexins. Glia. 2011;59:26-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, as many as four types of intercellular channels could be formed between astrocytes and oligodendrocytes. ..
- Kim J, Molina R, Donaghey T, Buckett P, Brain J, Wessling Resnick M. Influence of DMT1 and iron status on inflammatory responses in the lung. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2011;300:L659-65 pubmed publisher..Loss of DMT1 alters pulmonary responses necessary for lung homeostasis in the basal state and enhances LPS-induced inflammation and therefore would contribute to progression of lung injury. ..
- Santagata S, Xu Y, Wijeratne E, Kontnik R, Rooney C, Perley C, et al. Using the heat-shock response to discover anticancer compounds that target protein homeostasis. ACS Chem Biol. 2012;7:340-9 pubmed publisher..From a chemical biology perspective, they define a robust approach for discovering candidate compounds that target the malignant phenotype by disrupting protein homeostasis...
- Zhang B, Asadi S, Weng Z, Sismanopoulos N, Theoharides T. Stimulated human mast cells secrete mitochondrial components that have autocrine and paracrine inflammatory actions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49767 pubmed publisher..Secretion of mitochondrial components from stimulated live mast cells may act as "autopathogens" contributing to the pathogenesis of inflammatory diseases and may be used as targets for novel treatments. ..
- Valtierra R, Glynn Holt R, Cholewiak D, Van Parijs S. Calling depths of baleen whales from single sensor data: development of an autocorrelation method using multipath localization. J Acoust Soc Am. 2013;134:2571-81 pubmed publisher..The method was then used to estimate the depth and range of a single North Atlantic right whale (Eubalaena glacialis) and humpback whale (Megaptera novaeangliae) from two separate experiments. ..
- Krashes M, Lowell B, Garfield A. Melanocortin-4 receptor-regulated energy homeostasis. Nat Neurosci. 2016;19:206-19 pubmed publisher..Drawing on recent advances in neuroscience and genetic technologies, we consider the structure and function of the melanocortin-4 receptor circuitry and its role in energy homeostasis. ..
- Tanasijevic M, Myers M, Thoma R, Crimmins D, White M, Sacks D. Phosphorylation of the insulin receptor substrate IRS-1 by casein kinase II. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:18157-66 pubmed..Thus, casein kinase II-catalyzed phosphorylation of IRS-1 may be a component of the intracellular insulin signalling cascade. ..
- Malnic B, Hirono J, Sato T, Buck L. Combinatorial receptor codes for odors. Cell. 1999;96:713-23 pubmed..Our studies also indicate that slight alterations in an odorant, or a change in its concentration, can change its "code," potentially explaining how such changes can alter perceived odor quality. ..
- Andrews N. Iron metabolism: iron deficiency and iron overload. Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet. 2000;1:75-98 pubmed..Disorders of iron homeostasis are among the most common afflictions of humans. This review discusses inherited iron deficiency and iron overload disorders and recent insights into their pathophysiology. ..
- Ruiz Opazo N, Tonkiss J. Genome-wide scan for quantitative trait loci influencing spatial navigation and social recognition memory in Dahl rats. Physiol Genomics. 2006;26:145-51 pubmed..Thus our results could have paradigmatic value in guiding the experimental investigation of similar pathways in genetic susceptibility to this disorder, which results in profound impairments in social behavior. ..
- Giocomo L, Hasselmo M. Knock-out of HCN1 subunit flattens dorsal-ventral frequency gradient of medial entorhinal neurons in adult mice. J Neurosci. 2009;29:7625-30 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications for models of grid cells and generate predictions for future in vivo work on entorhinal grid cells. ..
- Norquay L, D Aquino K, Opare Addo L, Kuznetsova A, Haas M, Bluestone J, et al. Insulin receptor substrate-2 in beta-cells decreases diabetes in nonobese diabetic mice. Endocrinology. 2009;150:4531-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, increased Irs2 attenuated the progression of beta-cell destruction, promoted beta-cell mitogenesis, and reduced diabetes incidence in NOD(Irs2) mice. ..
- Yang J, Caligioni C, Chan Y, Seminara S. Uncovering novel reproductive defects in neurokinin B receptor null mice: closing the gap between mice and men. Endocrinology. 2012;153:1498-508 pubmed publisher..Tacr3 mice are a useful model to examine the mechanisms by which neurokinin B signaling modulates GnRH release. ..
- Mahan V, Zurakowski D, Otterbein L, Pigula F. Inhaled carbon monoxide provides cerebral cytoprotection in pigs. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41982 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate that inhaled CO may be beneficial in preventing cerebral injury resulting from DHCA and offer important therapeutic options in newborns undergoing DHCA for open heart surgery. ..
- Koh H, Toyoda T, Didesch M, Lee M, Sleeman M, Kulkarni R, et al. Tribbles 3 mediates endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscle. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1871 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that tribbles 3 mediates endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscle. ..
- Ren W, Sun Y, Du K. DHHC17 palmitoylates ClipR-59 and modulates ClipR-59 association with the plasma membrane. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:4255-65 pubmed publisher..We suggest that DHHC17 is a ClipR-59 palmitoyltransferase that modulates ClipR-59 plasma membrane binding, thereby regulating Akt signaling and Glut4 membrane translocation in adipocytes. ..
- Flamant F, Cheng S, Hollenberg A, Moeller L, Samarut J, Wondisford F, et al. Thyroid Hormone Signaling Pathways: Time for a More Precise Nomenclature. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2052-2057 pubmed publisher..Four types of thyroid hormone signaling are defined, and the experimental criteria for classification are discussed. ..
- Kosik K, Orecchio L, Bruns G, Benowitz L, MacDonald G, Cox D, et al. Human GAP-43: its deduced amino acid sequence and chromosomal localization in mouse and human. Neuron. 1988;1:127-32 pubmed..However, the human protein contains a 10 amino acid insert. Somatic cell hybrids demonstrate localization of the GAP-43 gene to human chromosome 3 and to mouse chromosome 16. ..
- Gamba G, Miyanoshita A, Lombardi M, Lytton J, Lee W, Hediger M, et al. Molecular cloning, primary structure, and characterization of two members of the mammalian electroneutral sodium-(potassium)-chloride cotransporter family expressed in kidney. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:17713-22 pubmed..These proteins establish a new family of Na(+)-(K+)-Cl- cotransporters. ..
- Zhou X, Cunha M, Epstein J, Levenson R, Cantley L, Cantley L. A murine genomic DNA fragment amplifies ouabain-induced Na,K-ATPase alpha/beta-subunit mRNA up-regulation and confers ouabain resistance. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:4126-33 pubmed..C. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 17271-17278). Possible mechanisms for the up-regulation of transcription based on sequence similarities found between MOR6.5 and the 5'-flanking regions of alpha 1- and beta 1-subunit genes are discussed. ..
- Jaster R, Zhu Y, Pless M, Bhattacharya S, Mathey Prevot B, D Andrea A. JAK2 is required for induction of the murine DUB-1 gene. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:3364-72 pubmed..We hypothesize that IL-3 activates a JAK2/Raf-1 signaling pathway that is required for DUB-1 induction and is independent of STAT5. ..
- Choukroun G, Hajjar R, Kyriakis J, Bonventre J, Rosenzweig A, Force T. Role of the stress-activated protein kinases in endothelin-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. J Clin Invest. 1998;102:1311-20 pubmed
- Thoidis G, Kupriyanova T, Cunningham J, Chen P, Cadel S, Foulon T, et al. Glucose transporter Glut3 is targeted to secretory vesicles in neurons and PC12 cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:14062-6 pubmed..Cadel, S., Foulon, T., Picart, R., Der Garabedian, A., Rousselet, A., Tougard, C., and Cohen, P. (1998) J. Cell Sci. 111, 161-169). We, therefore, conclude that Glut3 is targeted to secretory vesicles in both neurons and PC12 cells. ..
- Taal M, Chertow G, Rennke H, Gurnani A, Jiang T, Shahsafaei A, et al. Mechanisms underlying renoprotection during renin-angiotensin system blockade. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2001;280:F343-55 pubmed..During renin-angiotensin system inhibition, renoprotection is dependent on control of both SBP and UprV. Incomplete suppression of renal cytokine gene expression may also contribute to CRD progression...
- Chen R, Tong W, Mintseris J, Li L, Weng Z. ZDOCK predictions for the CAPRI challenge. Proteins. 2003;52:68-73 pubmed..Implications of the treatment of prior biological information as well as contributions of manual inspection to docking predictions are also discussed. ..
- Levy O, Jean Jacques R, Cywes C, Sisson R, Zarember K, Godowski P, et al. Critical role of the complement system in group B streptococcus-induced tumor necrosis factor alpha release. Infect Immun. 2003;71:6344-53 pubmed
- Micchelli C, Perrimon N. Evidence that stem cells reside in the adult Drosophila midgut epithelium. Nature. 2006;439:475-9 pubmed..The ability to identify, manipulate and genetically trace cell lineages in the midgut should lead to the discovery of additional genes that regulate stem and progenitor cell biology in the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Dickman D, Lu Z, Meinertzhagen I, Schwarz T. Altered synaptic development and active zone spacing in endocytosis mutants. Curr Biol. 2006;16:591-8 pubmed..We propose that endocytosis plays a critical role in sculpting the structure of synapses, perhaps through the endocytosis of unknown regulatory signals that organize morphogenesis at synaptic terminals. ..
- Ikeda S, He A, Kong S, Lu J, Bejar R, Bodyak N, et al. MicroRNA-1 negatively regulates expression of the hypertrophy-associated calmodulin and Mef2a genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2193-204 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miR-1 regulates cardiomyocyte growth responses by negatively regulating the calcium signaling components calmodulin, Mef2a, and Gata4. ..
- Wang E, Feng Y, Zhang M, Zou L, Li Y, Buys E, et al. Toll-like receptor 4 signaling confers cardiac protection against ischemic injury via inducible nitric oxide synthase- and soluble guanylate cyclase-dependent mechanisms. Anesthesiology. 2011;114:603-13 pubmed publisher..TLR4 activation confers a potent cardiac protection against ischemia-reperfusion injury via a MyD88-dependent, but Trif-independent, mechanism. iNOS/sGC are essential for the TLR4-induced cardiac protection. ..
- Yan C, Zhu M, Staiger J, Johnson P, Gao H. C5a-regulated CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins ? and ? are essential in Fc? receptor-mediated inflammatory cytokine and chemokine production in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:3217-30 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, C/EBPs may play an important regulatory role in IC-associated inflammatory responses. ..
- Whited J, Tsai S, BEIER K, White J, Piekarski N, Hanken J, et al. Pseudotyped retroviruses for infecting axolotl in vivo and in vitro. Development. 2013;140:1137-46 pubmed publisher..Using viral vectors, we have found that progenitor populations for many different cell types within the blastema are present at all stages of limb regeneration, although their relative proportions change with time. ..
- Ellis L, Norton E, Dang X, Koralnik I. Agnogene deletion in a novel pathogenic JC virus isolate impairs VP1 expression and virion production. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80840 pubmed publisher..Studying this naturally occurring pathogenic variant of JCV provides a valuable tool for understanding the functions of the agnogene and RR form in JCV replication. ..
- Engin E, Smith K, Gao Y, Nagy D, Foster R, Tsvetkov E, et al. Modulation of anxiety and fear via distinct intrahippocampal circuits. elife. 2016;5:e14120 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings demonstrate a double dissociation in the regulation of anxiety versus fear by hippocampal microcircuitry. ..
- Johannessen L, Sundberg T, O Connell D, Kolde R, Berstler J, Billings K, et al. Small-molecule studies identify CDK8 as a regulator of IL-10 in myeloid cells. Nat Chem Biol. 2017;13:1102-1108 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a function for CDK8 and CDK19 in regulating innate immune activation and suggest that these kinases may warrant consideration as therapeutic targets for inflammatory disorders. ..
- Geissler E, Liao M, Brook J, Martin F, Zsebo K, Housman D, et al. Stem cell factor (SCF), a novel hematopoietic growth factor and ligand for c-kit tyrosine kinase receptor, maps on human chromosome 12 between 12q14.3 and 12qter. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1991;17:207-14 pubmed..3 and 12qter. In addition to localizing the Sl homolog in man, these data provide further evidence for the conservation of synteny between the long arm of human chromosome 12 and the distal end of mouse chromosome 10. ..
- Wojtowicz W, Farzan M, Joyal J, Carter K, Babcock G, Israel D, et al. Stimulation of enveloped virus infection by beta-amyloid fibrils. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35019-24 pubmed..These data suggest that Abeta deposition may increase the vulnerability of the central nervous system to enveloped viral infection and that amyloidogenic peptides could be useful in enhancing gene transfer by enveloped viral vectors. ..
- Calpe S, Wang N, Romero X, Berger S, Lanyi A, Engel P, et al. The SLAM and SAP gene families control innate and adaptive immune responses. Adv Immunol. 2008;97:177-250 pubmed publisher..Here we discuss the current understanding of the structure and function of these recently discovered receptors and adapter molecules in the regulation of adaptive and innate immune responses. ..
- D Addio F, Boenisch O, Magee C, Yeung M, Yuan X, Mfarrej B, et al. Prolonged, low-dose anti-thymocyte globulin, combined with CTLA4-Ig, promotes engraftment in a stringent transplant model. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53797 pubmed publisher..These data provide the rationale for development of novel, CNI-free clinical protocols in human transplant recipients. ..
- Long J, Bagonis M, Lowery L, Lee H, Danuser G, Van Vactor D. Multiparametric analysis of CLASP-interacting protein functions during interphase microtubule dynamics. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1528-45 pubmed publisher..Using these data, we identify subnetworks of proteins with novel yet overlapping MT-regulatory roles and also uncover subtle distinctions between the functions of proteins previously thought to act via similar mechanisms...
- Wu W, Tang L, D Amore P, Lei H. Application of CRISPR-Cas9 in eye disease. Exp Eye Res. 2017;161:116-123 pubmed publisher..Herein, we summarize the recent advancements of CRISPR-Cas9 use in research on human cells and animal models, and outline a basic and clinical pipeline for CRISPR-Cas9-based treatments of genetic eye diseases. ..
- Khan W, Sideras P, Rosen F, Alt F. The role of Bruton's tyrosine kinase in B-cell development and function in mice and man. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1995;764:27-38 pubmed
- Delpire E, Rauchman M, Beier D, Hebert S, Gullans S. Molecular cloning and chromosome localization of a putative basolateral Na(+)-K(+)-2Cl- cotransporter from mouse inner medullary collecting duct (mIMCD-3) cells. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:25677-83 pubmed..Sequence comparison and chromosome localization demonstrate that BSC2 and BSC1 are different genes that diverged before the evolution of vertebrates. ..
- Phelan S, Loeken M. Identification of a new binding motif for the paired domain of Pax-3 and unusual characteristics of spacing of bipartite recognition elements on binding and transcription activation. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:19153-9 pubmed..Because the Pax-3-responsive genes identified to date contain almost exclusively low affinity binding sequences, our analysis indicates that they may be responsive to Pax-3 only when cellular levels are high. ..
- Lee K, Marden J, Thompson M, MacLennan H, Kishimoto Y, Pratt S, et al. Cloning and genetic mapping of zebrafish BMP-2. Dev Genet. 1998;23:97-103 pubmed
- Kim C, Goyal R, Mashimo H. Neuronal NOS provides nitrergic inhibitory neurotransmitter in mouse lower esophageal sphincter. Am J Physiol. 1999;277:G280-4 pubmed..These results indicate that in mouse LES, nNOS rather than eNOS is the enzymatic source of the NO that mediates NANC relaxation and rebound contraction. ..
- Simoncini T, Hafezi Moghadam A, Brazil D, Ley K, Chin W, Liao J. Interaction of oestrogen receptor with the regulatory subunit of phosphatidylinositol-3-OH kinase. Nature. 2000;407:538-41 pubmed..Our findings define a physiologically important non-nuclear oestrogen-signalling pathway involving the direct interaction of ER alpha with PI(3)K. ..
- O Regan A, Hayden J, Body S, Liaw L, Mulligan N, Goetschkes M, et al. Abnormal pulmonary granuloma formation in osteopontin-deficient mice. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2001;164:2243-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate that osteopontin regulates macrophage accumulation during pulmonary granuloma formation, and may explain the impaired ability of osteopontin-deficient hosts to control mycobacterial disease. ..
- Brouard S, Berberat P, Tobiasch E, Seldon M, Bach F, Soares M. Heme oxygenase-1-derived carbon monoxide requires the activation of transcription factor NF-kappa B to protect endothelial cells from tumor necrosis factor-alpha-mediated apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:17950-61 pubmed..e. c-IAP2 and A1, to protect EC from TNF-alpha-mediated apoptosis. This effect is dependent on the ability of HO-1/CO to activate the p38 MAPK signal transduction pathway. ..
- Hirosumi J, Tuncman G, Chang L, Gorgun C, Uysal K, Maeda K, et al. A central role for JNK in obesity and insulin resistance. Nature. 2002;420:333-6 pubmed..Thus, JNK is a crucial mediator of obesity and insulin resistance and a potential target for therapeutics. ..
- Owens C, Yang P, Gottlinger H, Sodroski J. Human and simian immunodeficiency virus capsid proteins are major viral determinants of early, postentry replication blocks in simian cells. J Virol. 2003;77:726-31 pubmed..The efficiency of early events following HIV-1 and SIV(mac) entry is apparently determined by the interaction of the incoming viral CA and species-specific host factors. ..
- Maison S, Emeson R, Adams J, Luebke A, Liberman M. Loss of alpha CGRP reduces sound-evoked activity in the cochlear nerve. J Neurophysiol. 2003;90:2941-9 pubmed..This constitutes the most direct evidence to date for a functional role of the lateral OC system in the auditory periphery. ..
- Bricker A, Carey V, Wessels M. Role of NADase in virulence in experimental invasive group A streptococcal infection. Infect Immun. 2005;73:6562-6 pubmed..We conclude that NADase and SLO together enhance GAS virulence in vivo. ..
- Wang F, Paradkar P, Custodio A, McVey Ward D, Fleming M, Campagna D, et al. Genetic variation in Mon1a affects protein trafficking and modifies macrophage iron loading in mice. Nat Genet. 2007;39:1025-32 pubmed..Mon1a is also important for trafficking of cell-surface and secreted molecules unrelated to iron metabolism, suggesting that it has a fundamental role in the mammalian secretory apparatus. ..
- Zhang Z, Humphreys B, Bonventre J. Shedding of the urinary biomarker kidney injury molecule-1 (KIM-1) is regulated by MAP kinases and juxtamembrane region. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:2704-14 pubmed..Mutagenesis studies demonstrated that the juxtamembrane secondary structure, not the primary amino acid sequence, was critical to the cleavage of KIM-1. ..
- Ye C, Duan S, Milstone D, Mortensen R. G(o) controls the hyperpolarization-activated current in embryonic stem cell-derived cardiocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;294:H979-85 pubmed..Our findings establish an essential role for G(o) in the antiadrenergic effect of muscarinic agent on I(f). ..
- Alwayn I, Verbesey J, Kim S, Roy R, Arsenault D, Greene A, et al. A critical role for matrix metalloproteinases in liver regeneration. J Surg Res. 2008;145:192-8 pubmed publisher..Microvessel density is reduced at day 4. Furthermore, urinary MMP-9 is elevated during liver regeneration, and this effect is not observed when regeneration is inhibited by the broad-spectrum MMP-inhibitor Marimastat. ..
- Hess C, Kou R, Johnson R, Li G, Michel T. ADP signaling in vascular endothelial cells: ADP-dependent activation of the endothelial isoform of nitric-oxide synthase requires the expression but not the kinase activity of AMP-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:32209-24 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the expression, but not the kinase activity, of AMPK and CaMKKbeta is necessary for ADP signaling to eNOS. ..
- Iwai L, Benoist C, Mathis D, White F. Quantitative phosphoproteomic analysis of T cell receptor signaling in diabetes prone and resistant mice. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:3135-45 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the differences in signaling between CD4(+) T cell compartments of NOD and B6g7 mice and may underlie the dysregulation of T cells in NOD mice. ..
- Kockel L, Kerr K, Melnick M, Brückner K, Hebrok M, Perrimon N. Dynamic switch of negative feedback regulation in Drosophila Akt-TOR signaling. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000990 pubmed publisher..These results illustrate how the Akt-TOR pathway dynamically adapts the routing of negative feedback in response to the activity load of its signaling circuit in vivo. ..
- Shen C, Beroukhim R, Schumacher S, Zhou J, Chang M, Signoretti S, et al. Genetic and functional studies implicate HIF1? as a 14q kidney cancer suppressor gene. Cancer Discov. 2011;1:222-35 pubmed publisher..Deletion of 14q is a frequent event in clear cell renal carcinoma and portends a poor prognosis. In this study, we provide genetic and functional evidence that HIF1? is a target of 14q loss in kidney cancer. ..
- Decano J, Moran A, Giordano N, Ruiz Opazo N, Herrera V. Analysis of CD45- [CD34+/KDR+] endothelial progenitor cells as juvenile protective factors in a rat model of ischemic-hemorrhagic stroke. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55222 pubmed publisher..The ability to delay stroke onset emphasizes the importance of EPC-mediated roles in vascular health for ischemic-hemorrhagic stroke, a high unmet need. ..
- Roccaro A, Sacco A, Maiso P, Azab A, Tai Y, Reagan M, et al. BM mesenchymal stromal cell-derived exosomes facilitate multiple myeloma progression. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:1542-55 pubmed
- Markowitz J, Ivie E, Kligler L, Gardner T. Long-range order in canary song. PLoS Comput Biol. 2013;9:e1003052 pubmed publisher..The neural basis of these long-range correlations may provide insight into how complex behaviors are assembled from more elementary, stereotyped modules...
- Douaiher J, Succar J, Lancerotto L, Gurish M, Orgill D, Hamilton M, et al. Development of mast cells and importance of their tryptase and chymase serine proteases in inflammation and wound healing. Adv Immunol. 2014;122:211-52 pubmed publisher..The possibility that MCs and their granule serine proteases contribute to the formation of keloid and hypertrophic scars makes them potential targets for therapeutic intervention in the repair of damaged skin. ..
- Lin C, Erkek S, Tong Y, Yin L, Federation A, Zapatka M, et al. Active medulloblastoma enhancers reveal subgroup-specific cellular origins. Nature. 2016;530:57-62 pubmed publisher..Our integrated analysis of enhancer elements in a large series of primary tumour samples reveals insights into cis-regulatory architecture, unrecognized dependencies, and cellular origins. ..