Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on abelson murine leukemia virus in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Topic: abelson murine leukemia virus
- Saez E, Oppenheim H, Smoluk J, Andersen J, Van Etten R, Spiegelman B. c-fos is not essential for v-abl-induced lymphomagenesis. Cancer Res. 1995;55:6196-9 pubmed..Moreover, the transformed cell that brings about the malignancy in mutant mice is the same pre-B-cell lymphoblast that is seen in control animals. These results demonstrate that c-fos is not required for in vivo transformation by v-abl...
- Nussenzweig M, Schmidt E, Shaw A, Sinn E, Campos Torres J, Mathey Prevot B, et al. A human immunoglobulin gene reduces the incidence of lymphomas in c-Myc-bearing transgenic mice. Nature. 1988;336:446-50 pubmed..This suppressive effect correlates with a subtle alteration in B-cell development induced by the immunoglobulin transgene...
- Warren D, Heilpern A, Berg K, Rosenberg N. The carboxyl terminus of v-Abl protein can augment SH2 domain function. J Virol. 2000;74:4495-504 pubmed
- Unnikrishnan I, Rosenberg N. Absence of p53 complements defects in Abelson murine leukemia virus signaling. J Virol. 2003;77:6208-15 pubmed..These results indicate that one important transforming function of v-Abl proteins is overcoming the effects of a functional p53 pathway...
- Gong L, Unnikrishnan I, Raghavan A, Parmar K, Rosenberg N. Active Akt and functional p53 modulate apoptosis in Abelson virus-transformed pre-B cells. J Virol. 2004;78:1636-44 pubmed..These data indicate that an intact Src homology 2 (SH2) domain is not critical for apoptosis suppression and suggest that signals transmitted through Akt and p53 play an important role in the response. ..
- Ramakrishnan L, Rosenberg N. Novel B-cell precursors blocked at the stage of DJH recombination. Mol Cell Biol. 1988;8:5216-23 pubmed
- Yi C, Rosenberg N. Mutations affecting the MA portion of the v-Abl protein reveal a conserved role of Gag in Abelson murine leukemia virus (MLV) and Moloney MLV. J Virol. 2008;82:5307-15 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that MA sequences within the Gag moiety of the v-Abl protein contribute to proper localization by playing a dominant role in trafficking of the v-Abl molecule. ..