Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on treatment outcome in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Locale: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Topic: treatment outcome
Publications487 found, 100 shown here
- Malliaras K, Makkar R, Smith R, Cheng K, Wu E, Bonow R, et al. Intracoronary cardiosphere-derived cells after myocardial infarction: evidence of therapeutic regeneration in the final 1-year results of the CADUCEUS trial (CArdiosphere-Derived aUtologous stem CElls to reverse ventricUlar dySfunction). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:110-22 pubmed publisher..These results, which are consistent with therapeutic regeneration, merit further investigation in future trials. (CArdiosphere-Derived aUtologous stem CElls to reverse ventricUlar dySfunction [CADUCEUS]; NCT00893360). ..
- Polonsky T, Liu K, Tian L, Carr J, Carroll T, Berry J, et al. High-risk plaque in the superficial femoral artery of people with peripheral artery disease: prevalence and associated clinical characteristics. Atherosclerosis. 2014;237:169-76 pubmed publisher..Smoking was the only clinical characteristic associated with presence of LRNC. Further study is needed to determine the prognostic significance of LRNC in the SFA. http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00520312. ..
- Lesko C, Cole S, Hall H, Westreich D, Miller W, Eron J, et al. The effect of antiretroviral therapy on all-cause mortality, generalized to persons diagnosed with HIV in the USA, 2009-11. Int J Epidemiol. 2016;45:140-50 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate a method by which concerns about generalizability can be addressed and evaluated quantitatively. ..
- Barger Kamate B, Forman M, Sangare C, Haidara A, Maiga H, Vaidya D, et al. Effect of artemether-lumefantrine (Coartem) on cytomegalovirus urine viral load during and following treatment for malaria in children. J Clin Virol. 2016;77:40-5 pubmed publisher..These results support additional studies of artemisinin dosing and duration in CMV infection. ..
- Mazzeffi M, Hammer B, Chen E, Caridi Scheible M, Ramsay J, Paciullo C. Methylene blue for postcardiopulmonary bypass vasoplegic syndrome: A cohort study. Ann Card Anaesth. 2017;20:178-181 pubmed publisher..09). MB modestly increases MAP in cardiac surgery patients with VS. Higher MAP at the time of drug administration and surgery with deep hypothermic circulatory arrest predict a greater drug response. ..
- Saxena V, Khungar V, Verna E, Levitsky J, Brown R, Hassan M, et al. Safety and efficacy of current direct-acting antiviral regimens in kidney and liver transplant recipients with hepatitis C: Results from the HCV-TARGET study. Hepatology. 2017;66:1090-1101 pubmed publisher..2 mg/dL, absence of cirrhosis, and hepatic decompensation predicted SVR at 12 weeks. Six episodes of acute rejection (n = 2 KT, 4 LT) occurred, during hepatitis C virus treatment in 4 and after cessation of treatment in 2...
- Vaseghi M, Barwad P, Malavassi Corrales F, Tandri H, Mathuria N, Shah R, et al. Cardiac Sympathetic Denervation for Refractory Ventricular Arrhythmias. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:3070-3080 pubmed publisher..CSD decreased sustained VT and ICD shock recurrence in patients with refractory VT. Characteristics independently associated with recurrence and mortality were advanced heart failure, VT cycle length, and a left-sided-only procedure. ..
- Clearfield E, Hawkins B, Kuo I. Conjunctival Autograft Versus Amniotic Membrane Transplantation for Treatment of Pterygium: Findings From a Cochrane Systematic Review. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;182:8-17 pubmed publisher..CAG-treated eyes had half the recurrence rates of AMT-treated eyes. Future RCTs should assess changes in patient-reported outcomes (symptoms, cosmesis) and visual acuity, and evaluate effects of surgical variations. ..
- Jagannath S, Singh V, Cruz Correa M, Canto M, Kalloo A. A long-term cohort study of outcome after cholecystectomy for chronic acalculous cholecystitis. Am J Surg. 2003;185:91-5 pubmed..37 years. Postcholecystectomy patients with chronic cholecystitis and no gallstones have long-term, complete pain resolution, similar to patients with gallstones. ..
- Davidoff A, Tang M, Seal B, Edelman M. Chemotherapy and survival benefit in elderly patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:2191-7 pubmed publisher..The benefit of platinum-based doublet regimens is greater than single-agent chemotherapy. Claims-based proxy indicators of poor PS were independent predictors of treatment and merit further exploration. ..
- Yao X, Abraham N, Alexander G, Crown W, Montori V, Sangaralingham L, et al. Effect of Adherence to Oral Anticoagulants on Risk of Stroke and Major Bleeding Among Patients With Atrial Fibrillation. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Adherence to therapy appears to be most important in patients with CHA2DS2-VASc score ≥2, whereas the benefits of anticoagulation may not outweigh the harms in patients with CHA2DS2-VASc score 0 or 1. ..
- Gilbert D, Pyzik P, Freeman J. The ketogenic diet: seizure control correlates better with serum beta-hydroxybutyrate than with urine ketones. J Child Neurol. 2000;15:787-90 pubmed..At present, however, urine ketones are the only readily available inexpensive approach to ketone assessment. ..
- Cohen S, Hurley R, Christo P, Winkley J, Mohiuddin M, Stojanovic M. Clinical predictors of success and failure for lumbar facet radiofrequency denervation. Clin J Pain. 2007;23:45-52 pubmed..In patients at high risk for treatment failure, taking additional steps to reduce the rate of false-positive screening blocks may improve outcomes. ..
- Stansbury L, Dutton R, Stein D, Bochicchio G, Scalea T, Hess J. Controversy in trauma resuscitation: do ratios of plasma to red blood cells matter?. Transfus Med Rev. 2009;23:255-65 pubmed publisher..In this review, the authors examine the findings of these initial studies, highlighting the epidemiologic and analytic methodologies used, and the likely influence of these methodologies on the reported outcomes. ..
- Martin C, McCarthy E. Giant cell tumor of the sacrum and spine: series of 23 cases and a review of the literature. Iowa Orthop J. 2010;30:69-75 pubmed..When the risk of post-operative neurologic deficit after en bloc excision is high, as in most of our sacral lesions, conservative therapy involving arterial embolization and intralesional resection offers the best results...
- Schweizer M, Furuno J, Harris A, Johnson J, Shardell M, McGregor J, et al. Comparative effectiveness of nafcillin or cefazolin versus vancomycin in methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia. BMC Infect Dis. 2011;11:279 pubmed publisher..Convenience of vancomycin dosing may not outweigh the potential benefits of nafcillin or cefazolin in the treatment of MSSA bacteremia. ..
- Vaidya P, Anderson E, Bobb A, Pulia K, Jayaram G, Reti I. A within-subject comparison of propofol and methohexital anesthesia for electroconvulsive therapy. J ECT. 2012;28:14-9 pubmed publisher..We recommend methohexital as the induction agent of choice for ECT, especially with right unilateral placement. ..
- Sulkowski M, Poordad F, Manns M, Bronowicki J, Rajender Reddy K, Harrison S, et al. Anemia during treatment with peginterferon Alfa-2b/ribavirin and boceprevir: Analysis from the serine protease inhibitor therapy 2 (SPRINT-2) trial. Hepatology. 2013;57:974-84 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies are needed to confirm this observation. ..
- Lichstein P, Su S, Hedlund H, Suh G, Maloney W, Goodman S, et al. Treatment of Periprosthetic Knee Infection With a Two-stage Protocol Using Static Spacers. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016;474:120-5 pubmed publisher..Level IV, therapeutic study. ..
- Peters M, Vaidya V, Drye L, Devanand D, Mintzer J, Pollock B, et al. Citalopram for the Treatment of Agitation in Alzheimer Dementia: Genetic Influences. J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol. 2016;29:59-64 pubmed publisher..Future studies should continue to examine the interaction of known genetic variants with antidepressant treatment in patients with AD having agitation. ..
- Chaux A, Peskoe S, Gonzalez Roibon N, Schultz L, Albadine R, Hicks J, et al. Loss of PTEN expression is associated with increased risk of recurrence after prostatectomy for clinically localized prostate cancer. Mod Pathol. 2012;25:1543-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, in patients with clinically localized prostate cancer treated by prostatectomy, decreased PTEN expression was associated with an increased risk of recurrence, independent of known clinicopathological factors. ..
- Allen J, Kilic A, Weiss E, Arnaoutakis G, George T, Shah A, et al. Should patients 60 years and older undergo bridge to transplantation with continuous-flow left ventricular assist devices?. Ann Thorac Surg. 2012;94:2017-24 pubmed publisher..Older patients have lower short-term survival after OHT when BTT is carried out with a continuous-flow LVAD compared with inotropic agents or direct transplantation. ..
- Shikani A, Kourelis K. Patents and Recent Innovations in Topical Membrane Therapy of Refractory Rhinosinusitis. Recent Pat Inflamm Allergy Drug Discov. 2015;9:86-101 pubmed..This review focuses on the local pathophysiologic events of CRS and the most exciting innovations regarding its topical management. ..
- Inouye B, Lue K, Abdelwahab M, Di Carlo H, Young E, Tourchi A, et al. Newborn exstrophy closure without osteotomy: Is there a role?. J Pediatr Urol. 2016;12:51.e1-4 pubmed publisher..However, if there is any doubt concerning pubic diastasis width, pelvic malleability, or ease of pubic apposition, an osteotomy is highly recommended. ..
- Wisniewski A, Migeon C. Long-term perspectives for 46,XY patients affected by complete androgen insensitivity syndrome or congenital micropenis. Semin Reprod Med. 2002;20:297-304 pubmed..For patients with congenital micropenis, male sex of rearing was concluded to be optimal because genital reconstructive surgery is not required with this choice...
- Cha S, Hu Z, Lane M. Long-term effects of a fatty acid synthase inhibitor on obese mice: food intake, hypothalamic neuropeptides, and UCP3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;317:301-8 pubmed
- Furuno J, Metlay J, Harnett J, Wilson J, Langenberg P, McGregor J, et al. Population antibiotic susceptibility for Streptococcus pneumoniae and treatment outcomes in common respiratory tract infections. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2006;15:1-9 pubmed..On the population level, in vitro S. pneumoniae nonsusceptibility to macrolide or beta-lactam antibiotics was not associated with treatment failure in conditions of probable S. pneumoniae etiology. ..
- Cundiff G, Amundsen C, Bent A, Coates K, Schaffer J, Strohbehn K, et al. The PESSRI study: symptom relief outcomes of a randomized crossover trial of the ring and Gellhorn pessaries. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007;196:405.e1-8 pubmed..The ring with support and Gellhorn pessaries are effective and equivalent in relieving symptoms of protrusion and voiding dysfunction. ..
- Kossoff E, Laux L, Blackford R, Morrison P, Pyzik P, Hamdy R, et al. When do seizures usually improve with the ketogenic diet?. Epilepsia. 2008;49:329-33 pubmed..Starting the KD after a fasting period may lead to a more rapid, but equivalent long-term seizure reduction, confirming prior reports. If the KD has not led to seizure reduction after 2 months, it can probably be discontinued. ..
- Hayes B, Klein Schwartz W, Doyon S. Frequency of medication errors with intravenous acetylcysteine for acetaminophen overdose. Ann Pharmacother. 2008;42:766-70 pubmed publisher..Awareness of this problem, coupled with increased vigilance in identifying factors associated with errors, should decrease medication errors with intravenous acetylcysteine therapy for acetaminophen poisoning. ..
- Brown B, Blas M, Cabral A, Carcamo C, Gravitt P, Halsey N. Randomized trial of HPV4 vaccine assessing the response to HPV4 vaccine in two schedules among Peruvian female sex workers. Vaccine. 2012;30:2309-14 pubmed publisher..Although all women benefit from vaccination, administration at a younger age and before sexual debut is needed to achieve maximum protection from vaccine. ..
- Samus Q, Onyike C, Johnston D, Mayer L, McNabney M, Baker A, et al. 12-month incidence, prevalence, persistence, and treatment of mental disorders among individuals recently admitted to assisted living facilities in Maryland. Int Psychogeriatr. 2013;25:721-31 pubmed publisher..Further study is needed to determine the longitudinal impact of psychiatric care on resident outcomes and use of facility resources. ..
- Geetha D, Hruskova Z, Segelmark M, Hogan J, Morgan M, Cavero T, et al. Rituximab for treatment of severe renal disease in ANCA associated vasculitis. J Nephrol. 2016;29:195-201 pubmed publisher..No differences in remission, renal recovery ESRD or death were observed. This study of AAV patients with severe renal disease demonstrates that the outcomes appear equivalent when treated with RTX and GC with or without concomitant CYC. ..
- Peirce J, Brooner R, King V, Kidorf M. Effect of traumatic event reexposure and PTSD on substance use disorder treatment response. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016;158:126-31 pubmed publisher..Both traumatic events and PTSD symptoms are associated with increased risk of treatment interruption, resulting in SUD patients leaving treatment at precisely the time they could benefit from treatment support. ..
- Ko S, Choi H, Helbok R, Kurtz P, Schmidt J, Badjatia N, et al. Acute effects of intraventricular nicardipine on cerebral hemodynamics: A preliminary finding. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2016;144:48-52 pubmed publisher..The vasodilatory effect of IVTN transiently increased ICP, but did not significantly affect PbtO2, CBF or oxidative glucose metabolism in the immediate phase after injection. ..
- Fried J. The tobacco-using client: clinical issues. J Mass Dent Soc. 2001;50:14-9 pubmed..Thus, the tobacco-using client presents challenging educational and clinical opportunities for the dental hygienist. ..
- Gold M, Sulke N, Schwartzman D, Mehra R, Euler D. Clinical experience with a dual-chamber implantable cardioverter defibrillator to treat atrial tachyarrhythmias. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2001;12:1247-53 pubmed..In addition, the device protects from ventricular tachyarrhythmias in patients with AF and structural heart disease. ..
- Fureman B, Hess E. Noradrenergic blockade prevents attacks in a model of episodic dysfunction caused by a channelopathy. Neurobiol Dis. 2005;20:227-32 pubmed..These results suggest that, while noradrenergic neurotransmission may be necessary for attacks, an increase in norepinephrine is not sufficient to induce attacks...
- Dutton R, Shih D, Edelman B, Hess J, Scalea T. Safety of uncrossmatched type-O red cells for resuscitation from hemorrhagic shock. J Trauma. 2005;59:1445-9 pubmed..The rate of seroconversion of Rh-patients is lower than reported in the literature, perhaps due to immune suppression associated with hemorrhagic shock. ..
- Guyton G. Current concepts review: orthopaedic aspects of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. Foot Ankle Int. 2006;27:1003-10 pubmed
- Rosson G, Williams C, Fishman E, Singh N. 3D CT angiography of abdominal wall vascular perforators to plan DIEAP flaps. Microsurgery. 2007;27:641-6 pubmed..There was one take-back for venous congestion, but no partial or total flap loss. Preoperative perforator flap planning for breast reconstruction utilizing 3D CT angiogram is safe, easy to read, and can change the operative plan. ..
- Milburn M, Holton L, Chung T, Li E, Bochicchio G, Goldberg N, et al. Acellular dermal matrix compared with synthetic implant material for repair of ventral hernia in the setting of peri-operative Staphylococcus aureus implant contamination: a rabbit model. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2008;9:433-42 pubmed publisher..aureus in an animal model without compromising the ventral hernia repair. This ability of ADM grafts to perform well in the setting of infection is most likely attributable to their capacity to vascularize and aid clearance of bacteria. ..
- Sangweme D, Shiff C, Kumar N. Plasmodium yoelii: adverse outcome of non-lethal P. yoelii malaria during co-infection with Schistosoma mansoni in BALB/c mouse model. Exp Parasitol. 2009;122:254-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest a complex relationship between schistosome co-infection and malaria disease outcome in which the timing of malaria infection in relation to schistosome acquisition is critical to disease outcome and pathology. ..
- Boahene K, Hilger P. Alar rim grafting in rhinoplasty: indications, technique, and outcomes. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2009;11:285-9 pubmed publisher..At a mean 6-month follow-up, there were no graft displacements or extrusion. Alar rim grafting is a simple and versatile approach to providing additional support to the external nasal valve and for improving nasal base contour. ..
- Chilukuri K, Dalal D, Gadrey S, Marine J, Macpherson E, Henrikson C, et al. A prospective study evaluating the role of obesity and obstructive sleep apnea for outcomes after catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2010;21:521-5 pubmed publisher..Whether treating obesity may improve the results of catheter ablation of AF warrants further investigation. ..
- Mirski M, LeDroux S, Lewin J, Thompson C, Mirski K, Griswold M. Validity and reliability of an intuitive conscious sedation scoring tool: the nursing instrument for the communication of sedation. Crit Care Med. 2010;38:1674-84 pubmed publisher..NICS ranked highest in nursing preference and ease of communication and may thus permit more effective and interactive management of sedation. ..
- O Toole R, Riche K, Cannada L, Hennessy M, Sciadini M, Shi L, et al. Analysis of postoperative knee sepsis after retrograde nail insertion of open femoral shaft fractures. J Orthop Trauma. 2010;24:677-82 pubmed publisher..1%; 95% confidence interval, 0.0%-3.2%). To our knowledge, this is the first case series to document the relative safety associated with retrograde nailing of open femoral fractures. ..
- McElroy M, Shaner A, Crawford T, Thompson G, Kadakia R, Akbarnia B, et al. Growing rods for scoliosis in spinal muscular atrophy: structural effects, complications, and hospital stays. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011;36:1305-11 pubmed publisher..Retrospective analysis of patients with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) treated with growing rod (GR) instrumentation for scoliosis...
- Magruder J, Young A, Grimm J, Conte J, Shah A, Mandal K, et al. Bilateral internal thoracic artery grafting: Does graft configuration affect outcome?. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;152:120-7 pubmed publisher..Bilateral ITA graft configuration has no independent effect on need for repeat revascularization or long-term survival. Therefore, the simplest technique, determined by individual patient characteristics, should be selected. ..
- Kim G, Lawrence P, Moridzadeh R, Zimmerman K, Munoz A, Luna Ortiz K, et al. New predictors of complications in carotid body tumor resection. J Vasc Surg. 2017;65:1673-1679 pubmed publisher..8 times increase in >250 mL of blood loss and 1.5 times increased risk of cranial nerve injury. ..
- Whiteford S, Taylor J, Dumler J. Clinical, laboratory, and epidemiologic features of murine typhus in 97 Texas children. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2001;155:396-400 pubmed..To document the clinical, laboratory, and epidemiologic characteristics of pediatric patients with murine typhus...
- Kossoff E, Pyzik P, McGrogan J, Vining E, Freeman J. Efficacy of the ketogenic diet for infantile spasms. Pediatrics. 2002;109:780-3 pubmed..The ketogenic diet is a safe, well-tolerated, and possibly effective potential alternative to other therapies for infantile spasms. ..
- Matsumoto A, Melian A, Mandel D, McIlwain H, Borenstein D, Zhao P, et al. A randomized, controlled, clinical trial of etoricoxib in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2002;29:1623-30 pubmed..In this study, etoricoxib 90 mg once daily was more effective than either placebo or naproxen 500 mg twice daily for treating patients with RA over 12 weeks. Etoricoxib 90 mg was generally well tolerated in patients with RA. ..
- Su L, Stoianovici D, Jarrett T, Patriciu A, Roberts W, Cadeddu J, et al. Robotic percutaneous access to the kidney: comparison with standard manual access. J Endourol. 2002;16:471-5 pubmed..These findings provide the groundwork for the development of a completely automated robot-assisted percutaneous renal access device. ..
- Kleinberg M. What is the current and future status of conventional amphotericin B?. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2006;27 Suppl 1:12-6 pubmed
- Gerber D, Grossman S. Does decompressive surgery improve outcome in patients with metastatic epidural spinal-cord compression?. Nat Clin Pract Neurol. 2006;2:10-1 pubmed
- Della Santina C, Migliaccio A, Patel A. A multichannel semicircular canal neural prosthesis using electrical stimulation to restore 3-d vestibular sensation. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2007;54:1016-30 pubmed..Increasing stimulation selectivity via improvements in electrode design, surgical technique and stimulus protocol will likely be required to restore AVOR function over the full range of normal behavior. ..
- Abukhdeir A, Vitolo M, Argani P, De Marzo A, Karakas B, Konishi H, et al. Tamoxifen-stimulated growth of breast cancer due to p21 loss. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:288-93 pubmed..These data reveal a previously uncharacterized molecular mechanism of tamoxifen resistance and have potential clinical implications for the management of tamoxifen-resistant breast cancers. ..
- Abdullah F, Zhang Y, Camp M, Mukherjee D, Gabre Kidan A, Colombani P, et al. Necrotizing enterocolitis in 20,822 infants: analysis of medical and surgical treatments. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2010;49:166-71 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the need for developing a clinically relevant risk stratification tool to identify NEC patients at high risk for death. ..
- Gore S, Gojo I, Sekeres M, Morris L, DeVetten M, Jamieson K, et al. Single cycle of arsenic trioxide-based consolidation chemotherapy spares anthracycline exposure in the primary management of acute promyelocytic leukemia. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:1047-53 pubmed publisher..Future studies should continue to focus on reducing the toxicity of treatment without increasing the relapse rate. ..
- Hsu C, Herman J, Corsini M, Winter J, Callister M, Haddock M, et al. Adjuvant chemoradiation for pancreatic adenocarcinoma: the Johns Hopkins Hospital-Mayo Clinic collaborative study. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:981-90 pubmed publisher..Further studies evaluating adjuvant chemotherapy compared with adjuvant chemoradiation are needed to determine the most effective combination of systemic and local-regional therapy to achieve optimal survival results. ..
- Jacobs M, Ouwerkerk R, Wolff A, Gabrielson E, Warzecha H, Jeter S, et al. Monitoring of neoadjuvant chemotherapy using multiparametric, ²³Na sodium MR, and multimodality (PET/CT/MRI) imaging in locally advanced breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011;128:119-26 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the feasibility of using multi-modality proton, ²³Na MRI, and PET/CT metrics as radiological biomarkers for monitoring response to PST in patients with operable breast cancer. ..
- Evans M, Sung A, Gojo I, Tidwell M, Greer J, Levis M, et al. Risk assessment in human immunodeficiency virus-associated acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2012;53:660-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, CD4 count is a strong predictor of short survival in HIV-AML patients regardless of karyotype. Studies evaluating innovative strategies for infection prophylaxis and for improving immune reconstitution are needed. ..
- Kielb S, Ancoli Israel S, Rebok G, Spira A. Cognition in obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome (OSAS): current clinical knowledge and the impact of treatment. Neuromolecular Med. 2012;14:180-93 pubmed publisher..We conclude with a discussion of the mechanisms that have been proposed to explain cognitive dysfunction in OSAS and directions for future research. ..
- Kramer M, Suskauer S, Christensen J, Dematt E, Trovato M, Salorio C, et al. Examining acute rehabilitation outcomes for children with total functional dependence after traumatic brain injury: a pilot study. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2013;28:361-70 pubmed publisher..Assessment of functional status early in the course of rehabilitation contributes to the ability to predict outcome from severe TBI. ..
- Jones D, Carson K, Bleich S, Cooper L. Patient trust in physicians and adoption of lifestyle behaviors to control high blood pressure. Patient Educ Couns. 2012;89:57-62 pubmed publisher..Strengthening patient-physician relationships through efforts to enhance trust may be a promising strategy to enhance patients' engagement in healthy lifestyle behaviors for hypertension. ..
- Thakur K, Motta M, Asemota A, Kirsch H, Benavides D, Schneider E, et al. Predictors of outcome in acute encephalitis. Neurology. 2013;81:793-800 pubmed publisher..To investigate predictors of outcome in patients with all-cause encephalitis receiving care in the intensive care unit...
- Wong R, Greene D, Shield D, Eberhart C, Huang J, Shayegani A. 5-Fluorouracil for epithelial downgrowth after Descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty. Cornea. 2013;32:1610-2 pubmed publisher..Epithelial downgrowth that occurs after performing a DSAEK can be treated successfully using intracameral 5-FU. ..
- Jensen D, Asselah T, Dieterich D, Foster G, Sulkowski M, Zeuzem S, et al. Faldaprevir, pegylated interferon, and ribavirin for treatment-naïve HCV genotype-1: pooled analysis of two phase 3 trials. Ann Hepatol. 2016;15:333-49 pubmed publisher..Addition of faldaprevir to PegIFN/RBV increased SVR12 in patients with HCV genotype-1, and was well tolerated. Faldaprevir 120 mg is effective in the treatment of HCV genotype-1. ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT01343888 and NCT01297270. ..
- Jones J, Robak T, Brown J, Awan F, Badoux X, Coutre S, et al. Efficacy and safety of idelalisib in combination with ofatumumab for previously treated chronic lymphocytic leukaemia: an open-label, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Haematol. 2017;4:e114-e126 pubmed publisher..Gilead Sciences, Inc. ..
- Ahn N, Ahn U, Nallamshetty L, Springer B, Buchowski J, Funches L, et al. Cauda equina syndrome in ankylosing spondylitis (the CES-AS syndrome): meta-analysis of outcomes after medical and surgical treatments. J Spinal Disord. 2001;14:427-33 pubmed..Surgical treatment of the dural ectasia, either by lumboperitoneal shunting or laminectomy, may improve neurologic dysfunction or halt the progression of neurologic deficit. ..
- McAfee P, Fedder I, Saiedy S, Shucosky E, Cunningham B. SB Charité disc replacement: report of 60 prospective randomized cases in a US center. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2003;16:424-33 pubmed
- Manchio J, Gu J, Romar L, Brown J, Gammie J, Pierson R, et al. Disruption of graft endothelium correlates with early failure after off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;79:1991-8 pubmed..A means to assess, prevent, and treat intraoperative vein graft damage will likely improve early graft patency. ..
- Gurbel P, Bliden K, Guyer K, Aggarwal N, Tantry U. Delayed thrombin-induced platelet-fibrin clot generation by clopidogrel: a new dose-related effect demonstrated by thrombelastography in patients undergoing coronary artery stenting. Thromb Res. 2007;119:563-70 pubmed..Measurement of R may serve as a new indicator of clopidogrel responsiveness. ..
- Matsubayashi H, Infante J, Winter J, Klein A, Schulick R, Hruban R, et al. Tumor COX-2 expression and prognosis of patients with resectable pancreatic cancer. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:1569-75 pubmed..52 (95% CI 1.04-2.22) versus 1.11 (95% CI 0.75-1.67) in cancers <3 cm. Tumor COX-2 expression portends a poor prognosis for patients with resected adenocarcinoma of the pancreas, particularly in tumors > or =3 cm. ..
- Marker D, Strimbu K, McGrath M, Zywiel M, Mont M. Resurfacing versus conventional total hip arthroplasty - review of comparative clinical and basic science studies. Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis. 2009;67:120-7 pubmed
- Shermak M, Mallalieu J, Chang D. Does thighplasty for upper thigh laxity after massive weight loss require a vertical incision?. Aesthet Surg J. 2009;29:513-22 pubmed publisher..The APEX thighlift is a new technique that expands upon those previously described in the literature to effectively treat upper thigh laxity with a hidden scar after MWL. ..
- Hong S, Li A, Olino K, Wolfgang C, Herman J, Schulick R, et al. Loss of E-cadherin expression and outcome among patients with resectable pancreatic adenocarcinomas. Mod Pathol. 2011;24:1237-47 pubmed publisher..02). Among patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, partial loss of tumoral E-cadherin expression is an independent predictor of poor outcome. ..
- Converse P, Nuermberger E, Almeida D, Grosset J. Treating Mycobacterium ulcerans disease (Buruli ulcer): from surgery to antibiotics, is the pill mightier than the knife?. Future Microbiol. 2011;6:1185-98 pubmed publisher..Improved treatment options are the focus of research that has increased tremendously since the WHO began its Global Buruli Ulcer Initiative in 1998...
- Hollon J, Cureton P, Martin M, Puppa E, Fasano A. Trace gluten contamination may play a role in mucosal and clinical recovery in a subgroup of diet-adherent non-responsive celiac disease patients. BMC Gastroenterol. 2013;13:40 pubmed publisher..Preventing an inaccurate diagnosis of RCD1 avoids immunotherapy. Most patients are able to return to a traditional GFD without return of symptoms. ..
- Purnell T, Auguste P, Crews D, Lamprea Montealegre J, Olufade T, Greer R, et al. Comparison of life participation activities among adults treated by hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and kidney transplantation: a systematic review. Am J Kidney Dis. 2013;62:953-73 pubmed publisher..Rigorously performed studies are needed to better inform patients about the association of RRT with these important patient-reported outcomes. ..
- Cross A, Greenberg N, Billington M, Zhang L, deFilippi C, May R, et al. Phase 1 testing of detoxified LPS/group B meningococcal outer membrane protein vaccine with and without synthetic CPG 7909 adjuvant for the prevention and treatment of sepsis. Vaccine. 2015;33:6719-26 pubmed publisher..A vaccine comprising J5dLPS/OMP antigen with CpG adjuvant merits further investigation. ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01164514. ..
- Corrado D, Basso C, Judge D. Arrhythmogenic Cardiomyopathy. Circ Res. 2017;121:784-802 pubmed publisher..Selection of patients who are the best candidates for implantable cardioverter defibrillator implantation is one of the most challenging issues in the clinical management. ..
- Bhave A, Paley D, Herzenberg J. Improvement in gait parameters after lengthening for the treatment of limb-length discrepancy. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1999;81:529-34 pubmed
- Petri M, Hufman S, Waser G, Cui H, Snabes M, Verburg K. Celecoxib effectively treats patients with acute shoulder tendinitis/bursitis. J Rheumatol. 2004;31:1614-20 pubmed..In addition, celecoxib was well tolerated in these patients. Celecoxib showed comparable efficacy to naproxen in relieving the pain of patients with acute shoulder tendinitis and/or subacromial bursitis. ..