Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on s100 proteins in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: s100 proteins
- Saha A, Kim S, Zhang Z, Lee Y, Sarkar C, Tsai P, et al. RAGE signaling contributes to neuroinflammation in infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:3823-31 pubmed publisher..We propose that RAGE signaling contributes to neuroinflammation in INCL. ..
- Zhao F, Hoechst B, Duffy A, Gamrekelashvili J, Fioravanti S, Manns M, et al. S100A9 a new marker for monocytic human myeloid-derived suppressor cells. Immunology. 2012;136:176-83 pubmed publisher..We propose S100 proteins as useful markers for the analysis and further characterization of human MDSC. ..
- Zhang L, Li C, Su T, Hu X, Lanius R, Webster M, et al. P11 expression and PET in bipolar disorders. J Psychiatr Res. 2011;45:1426-31 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that PBMC p11 mRNA expression is associated with neural activation in the brain of BD patients and warrants a larger translational study to determine its clinical utility. ..
- Wolf R, Mascia F, Dharamsi A, Howard O, Cataisson C, Bliskovski V, et al. Gene from a psoriasis susceptibility locus primes the skin for inflammation. Sci Transl Med. 2010;2:61ra90 pubmed publisher..This study provides a pathogenetic psoriasis model using a psoriasis candidate gene to link the epidermis and innate immune system in inflammation priming, highlighting the S100A7A15-RAGE axis as a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Wolf R, Howard O, Dong H, Voscopoulos C, Boeshans K, Winston J, et al. Chemotactic activity of S100A7 (Psoriasin) is mediated by the receptor for advanced glycation end products and potentiates inflammation with highly homologous but functionally distinct S100A15. J Immunol. 2008;181:1499-506 pubmed..The identified S100A7 interaction with RAGE may provide a novel therapeutic target for inflammation. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhou Z, Bugge T, Wahl L. Urokinase-type plasminogen activator stimulation of monocyte matrix metalloproteinase-1 production is mediated by plasmin-dependent signaling through annexin A2 and inhibited by inactive plasmin. J Immunol. 2007;179:3297-304 pubmed..Furthermore, binding of inactive plasmin to annexin A2 inhibited plasmin induction of MMP-1, suggesting that inactive plasmin may be useful in suppressing inflammation. ..
- List K, Szabo R, Wertz P, Segre J, Haudenschild C, Kim S, et al. Loss of proteolytically processed filaggrin caused by epidermal deletion of Matriptase/MT-SP1. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:901-10 pubmed..The data identify keratinocyte Matriptase/MT-SP1 as an essential component of the profilaggrin-processing pathway and a key regulator of terminal epidermal differentiation. ..
- Zhang L, Su T, Choi K, Maree W, Li C, Chung M, et al. P11 (S100A10) as a potential biomarker of psychiatric patients at risk of suicide. J Psychiatr Res. 2011;45:435-41 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PBMC p11 mRNA levels may be a potential adjunctive biomarker for the assessment of suicide risk in mental disorders and warrants a larger translational study to determine its clinical utility. ..
- Zhang L, Li H, Hu X, Li X, Smerin S, Ursano R. Glucocorticoid-induced p11 over-expression and chromatin remodeling: a novel molecular mechanism of traumatic stress?. Med Hypotheses. 2011;76:774-7 pubmed publisher..e., chromatin remodeling. ..
- Hahn Y, Jeong S, Lee B. Inactivation of MOXD2 and S100A15A by exon deletion during human evolution. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:2203-12 pubmed publisher..We propose that modification or inactivation of MOXD2 and S100A15A genes have contributed to the loss of certain smell sense in humans and to the development of human skin...
- Boeshans K, Wolf R, Voscopoulos C, Gillette W, Esposito D, Mueser T, et al. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction of human S100A15. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2006;62:467-70 pubmed..0 angstroms resolution. This structural analysis of the human S100A15 will further aid in the phylogenic comparison between the other members of the S100 protein family, especially the highly homologous paralog S100A7. ..