Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reproducibility of results in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: reproducibility of results
Publications300 found, 100 shown here
- Toth Z, Mezey E. Simultaneous visualization of multiple antigens with tyramide signal amplification using antibodies from the same species. J Histochem Cytochem. 2007;55:545-54 pubmed..Second, because the technique relies on signal amplification, both rare and abundant antigens can be detected. ..
- Smith A, Cronin K, Bowles H, Willis G, Jacobs D, Ballard Barbash R, et al. Reproducibility of physical activity recall over fifteen years: longitudinal evidence from the CARDIA study. BMC Public Health. 2013;13:180 pubmed publisher..PA recall from the distant past is moderately reproducible, but poor at the individual level, among young and middle aged adults. ..
- Titus S, Beacham D, Shahane S, Southall N, Xia M, Huang R, et al. A new homogeneous high-throughput screening assay for profiling compound activity on the human ether-a-go-go-related gene channel. Anal Biochem. 2009;394:30-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that this thallium flux assay can be used as an alternative method to profile large-volume compound libraries for compound activity on the hERG channel. ..
- Liu N, Sanford T, Srinivasan R, Liu J, Khurana K, Aprelikova O, et al. Impact of ischemia and procurement conditions on gene expression in renal cell carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:42-9 pubmed publisher..Meticulous attention to preacquisition variables is of paramount importance for accurate tumor profiling. ..
- Egli M, White D, Acri J. Considerations in the Evaluation of Potential Efficacy of Medications for Alcohol and Drug Use Disorders: An Editorial. Int Rev Neurobiol. 2016;126:1-14 pubmed publisher..This chapter describes the rationale and considerations involved in the use of such models, including reinstatement of drug self-administration. ..
- Weed J, Raber J. Balancing animal research with animal well-being: establishment of goals and harmonization of approaches. ILAR J. 2005;46:118-28 pubmed..Better documentation of environmental variables and their correlation with experimental results will promote critical knowledge about the relationships between an animal's environment, its well-being, and science. ..
- Gharib A, Herzka D, Ustun A, Desai M, Locklin J, Pettigrew R, et al. Coronary MR angiography at 3T during diastole and systole. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2007;26:921-6 pubmed..Breaking away from the standard of imaging only during diastole can potentially improve image quality in tachycardic patients or used for simultaneous imaging during both periods in a single scan. ..
- Bevans M, Wehrlen L, Prachenko O, Soeken K, Zabora J, Wallen G. Distress screening in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (HSCT) caregivers and patients. Psychooncology. 2011;20:615-22 pubmed publisher..Although the diagnostic utility of the DT for HSCT caregivers may be limited, understanding factors associated with distress can guide practice for this understudied population. ..
- Shuch B, Hofmann J, Merino M, Nix J, Vourganti S, Linehan W, et al. Pathologic validation of renal cell carcinoma histology in the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results program. Urol Oncol. 2014;32:23.e9-13 pubmed publisher..The positive predictive value was higher for clear cell RCC than for papillary or chromophobe RCC, suggesting that pathologic confirmation may be warranted for studies of non-clear cell tumors. ..
- Xue H, Kellman P, Larocca G, Arai A, Hansen M. High spatial and temporal resolution retrospective cine cardiovascular magnetic resonance from shortened free breathing real-time acquisitions. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2013;15:102 pubmed publisher..Volumetric measurements and image quality scores were similar in images from breath-held segmented and free breathing, real-time acquisitions. Further speedup of image reconstruction is still needed. ..
- Rentz A, van Hanswijck de Jonge P, Leyendecker P, Hopp M. Observational, nonintervention, multicenter study for validation of the Bowel Function Index for constipation in European countries. Curr Med Res Opin. 2011;27:35-44 pubmed publisher..This measure may be a valuable indicator of patients' experience of symptoms of opioid treatment of chronic pain in future trials. ..
- Weinstein D, Derijke S, Chow C, Foruraghi L, Zhao X, Wright E, et al. A new method for determining gastric acid output using a wireless pH-sensing capsule. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2013;37:1198-209 pubmed publisher..SP GAO analysis could facilitate research and clinical management of GERD and other disorders of gastric acid secretion. ..
- Elixhauser A, Steiner C, Harris D, Coffey R. Comorbidity measures for use with administrative data. Med Care. 1998;36:8-27 pubmed
- Pisitkun T, Bieniek J, Tchapyjnikov D, Wang G, Wu W, Shen R, et al. High-throughput identification of IMCD proteins using LC-MS/MS. Physiol Genomics. 2006;25:263-76 pubmed..A 28-protein vasopressin signaling network was constructed using literature-based network analysis software focusing on the newly identified proteins, providing several new hypotheses for future studies. ..
- Sumner A, Luercio M, Frempong B, Ricks M, Sen S, Kushner H, et al. Validity of the reduced-sample insulin modified frequently-sampled intravenous glucose tolerance test using the nonlinear regression approach. Metabolism. 2009;58:220-5 pubmed publisher..The agreement and maintenance of rank order of S(I) between protocols support the use of the nonlinear regression approach to the minimal model and the Reduced-Sample-IM-FSIGT in clinical studies. ..
- Ziegler R, Faupel Badger J, Sue L, Fuhrman B, Falk R, Boyd Morin J, et al. A new approach to measuring estrogen exposure and metabolism in epidemiologic studies. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;121:538-45 pubmed publisher..We are currently applying our EM measurement techniques in several epidemiologic studies of premenopausal and postmenopausal breast cancer. ..
- Bagci U, Yao J, Wu A, Caban J, Palmore T, Suffredini A, et al. Automatic detection and quantification of tree-in-bud (TIB) opacities from CT scans. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2012;59:1620-32 pubmed publisher..96%. Moreover, correlations of observer-observer (R(2)=0.8848, and observer-CAD agreements (R(2)=0.824, validate the feasibility of the use of the proposed CAD system in detecting and quantifying TIB patterns. ..
- Yerram N, Volkin D, Turkbey B, Nix J, Hoang A, Vourganti S, et al. Low suspicion lesions on multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging predict for the absence of high-risk prostate cancer. BJU Int. 2012;110:E783-8 pubmed publisher..Such patients have a low risk of harbouring high-risk prostate cancers. ..
- Bagci U, Mollura D. Denoising PET images using singular value thresholding and Stein's unbiased risk estimate. Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv. 2013;16:115-22 pubmed..Results, obtained from 40 MRI-PET images, demonstrate that the proposed algorithm is able to denoise PET images successfully, while still maintaining the quantitative information. ..
- Anderson W, Luo S, Chatterjee N, Rosenberg P, Matsuno R, Goodman M, et al. Human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 and estrogen receptor expression, a demonstration project using the residual tissue repository of the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) program. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2009;113:189-96 pubmed publisher..Though sample sizes were small, this demonstration project validates the potential utility of the RTR for supplementing the SEER program. ..
- Romanyukha A, Schauer D, Thomas J, Regulla D. Parameters affecting EPR dose reconstruction in teeth. Appl Radiat Isot. 2005;62:147-54 pubmed..Conclusions on future development of EPR retrospective biodosimetry are made. ..
- Durning S, Pangaro L, Lawrence L, Waechter D, McManigle J, Jackson J. The feasibility, reliability, and validity of a program director's (supervisor's) evaluation form for medical school graduates. Acad Med. 2005;80:964-8 pubmed..Factory analysis revealed two complimentary domains supporting its validity. Correlation with end-of-medical school measurements and analysis of range of scores supports the form's validity. ..
- Lee J, Liu S, Nacif M, Ugander M, Han J, Kawel N, et al. Myocardial T1 and extracellular volume fraction mapping at 3 tesla. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2011;13:75 pubmed publisher..5 to 23.5 minutes post contrast with an average of 26.7 ± 1.0%. The 11 HB MOLLI is a faster method for high-resolution myocardial T1 mapping at 3T. ECV fractions are stable over a wide time range after contrast administration. ..
- Gharib A, Abd Elmoniem K, Ho V, FÃ¶di E, Herzka D, Ohayon J, et al. The feasibility of 350 Î¼m spatial resolution coronary magnetic resonance angiography at 3 T in humans. Invest Radiol. 2012;47:339-45 pubmed publisher..5-mm slice thickness. Although SNR is lower, the images have improved sharpness, resulting in image quality that allows qualitative identification of disease sites on MRA consistent with MDCT. ..
- Asman A, Smith S, Reich D, Landman B. Robust GM/WM segmentation of the spinal cord with iterative non-local statistical fusion. Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv. 2013;16:759-67 pubmed
- Luh W, Talagala S, Li T, Bandettini P. Pseudo-continuous arterial spin labeling at 7 T for human brain: estimation and correction for off-resonance effects using a Prescan. Magn Reson Med. 2013;69:402-10 pubmed publisher..It is shown that this approach can be used to acquire high quality whole-brain pseudo-continuous ASL perfusion data of the human brain at 7 T. ..
- Globe G, Wiklund I, Lin J, Chen W, Martin M, Mattera M, et al. Psychometric Properties of the Asthma Symptom Diary (ASD), a Diary for Use in Clinical Trials of Persistent Asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2016;4:60-6.e4 pubmed publisher..1-0.3. Results of this study indicated that the ASD is a reliable and valid asthma symptom measure for use in adult and adolescent asthma patients to evaluate the effect of treatment on asthma in clinical trials. ..
- Shen Y, Bax A. Protein backbone chemical shifts predicted from searching a database for torsion angle and sequence homology. J Biomol NMR. 2007;38:289-302 pubmed..52, 0.51, 0.27, 0.98, 1.07 and 1.08 ppm for (15)N, (1)H(N), (1)H(alpha), (13)C(alpha), (13)C(beta) and (13)C', respectively, including outliers. ..
- Danielian L, Iwata N, Thomasson D, Floeter M. Reliability of fiber tracking measurements in diffusion tensor imaging for longitudinal study. Neuroimage. 2010;49:1572-80 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal reliability after one year was improved by averaging measurements from multiple scans at each time point. Fiber tracking provides a reliable tool for the longitudinal evaluation of white matter diffusion properties. ..
- Luby M, Ku K, Latour L, Merino J, Hsia A, Lynch J, et al. Visual perfusion-diffusion mismatch is equivalent to quantitative mismatch. Stroke. 2011;42:1010-4 pubmed publisher..88) compared with quantitative measurements. We observed that qualitative evaluation of mismatch identified the same thrombolytic-treated patients compared with retrospective quantitative mismatch measurements. ..
- Beusterien K, Yeung J, Pang F, Brazier J. Development of the multi-attribute Adolescent Health Utility Measure (AHUM). Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2012;10:102 pubmed..039. The AHUM health state classification system may be used in future research to enable calculation of quality-adjust life expectancy for applicable health conditions. ..
- Masson M, Carpenter L, Graf M, Pohl L. Pathogenic role of natural killer T and natural killer cells in acetaminophen-induced liver injury in mice is dependent on the presence of dimethyl sulfoxide. Hepatology. 2008;48:889-97 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a previously unappreciated effect of DMSO on hepatic NKT and NK cells, suggesting that DMSO should be used cautiously in experiments involving these cells. ..
- Lin X, Kwak T, Fiore D, Thompson P, Goodrich J, Yufit T, et al. An in vitro priming step increases the expression of numerous epidermal growth and migration mediators in a tissue-engineering construct. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2017;11:713-723 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that an in vitro priming step induces wound healing-related genes in the BSC, leading to a construct that could prove more effective in stimulating wound healing. Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd...
- Tan S, Yao J, Yao L, Ward M. Precision of syndesmophyte volume measurement for ankylosing spondylitis: a phantom study using high resolution CT. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2009;2009:3577-80 pubmed publisher..It was scanned 22 times with varying positions and resolutions. The syndesmophyte volumes extracted by our algorithm have an average coefficient of variation of 1.6% per IDS and 0.85% for the total. ..
- Saad Z, Reynolds R, Jo H, Gotts S, Chen G, Martin A, et al. Correcting brain-wide correlation differences in resting-state FMRI. Brain Connect. 2013;3:339-52 pubmed publisher..We find that, while GCOR reduced correlation differences between high and low movers, it is doubtful that motion was the sole driver behind the differences in the first place. ..
- Liu H, Hunter L, KeÅ¡elj V, Verspoor K. Approximate subgraph matching-based literature mining for biomedical events and relations. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60954 pubmed publisher..22% F-score in detecting protein-residue associations. The performance is comparable to the reported systems across these tasks, and thus demonstrates the generalizability of our proposed approach. ..
- Yao L, Pitts J, Thomasson D. Isotropic 3D fast spin-echo with proton-density-like contrast: a comprehensive approach to musculoskeletal MRI. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2007;188:W199-201 pubmed..Isotropic 3DFT fast spin-echo is feasible on current MRI scanners and has the potential to improve musculoskeletal evaluation. ..
- Koay C, Ozarslan E, Pierpaoli C. Probabilistic Identification and Estimation of Noise (PIESNO): a self-consistent approach and its applications in MRI. J Magn Reson. 2009;199:94-103 pubmed publisher..Experimental and simulated data were used to investigate the feasibility, the accuracy and the stability of the proposed technique. ..
- Kriegeskorte N, Simmons W, Bellgowan P, Baker C. Circular analysis in systems neuroscience: the dangers of double dipping. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:535-40 pubmed publisher..Spurious effects can appear in the context of both univariate activation analysis and multivariate pattern-information analysis. We suggest a policy for avoiding circularity. ..
- Shmueli K, Dodd S, Li T, Duyn J. The contribution of chemical exchange to MRI frequency shifts in brain tissue. Magn Reson Med. 2011;65:35-43 pubmed publisher..The exchange-dependent contribution may report on tissue chemical composition and pH. ..
- Yu X, Glen D, Wang S, Dodd S, Hirano Y, Saad Z, et al. Direct imaging of macrovascular and microvascular contributions to BOLD fMRI in layers IV-V of the rat whisker-barrel cortex. Neuroimage. 2012;59:1451-60 pubmed publisher..However, at peak response, the BOLD signal is dominated by penetrating venules even at layers IV-V of the cortex. ..
- Bergen A, Qi Y, Haque K, Welch R, Chanock S. Effects of DNA mass on multiple displacement whole genome amplification and genotyping performance. BMC Biotechnol. 2005;5:24 pubmed..Over 100 ng of lymphoblastoid gDNA input into MDA WGA is required to obtain optimal STR genotyping performance using the AmpFlSTR Identifiler panel from wgaDNA equivalent to that of gDNA. ..
- Kellman P, Chefd Hotel C, Lorenz C, Mancini C, Arai A, McVeigh E. High spatial and temporal resolution cardiac cine MRI from retrospective reconstruction of data acquired in real time using motion correction and resorting. Magn Reson Med. 2009;62:1557-64 pubmed publisher..s.). Motion-corrected averaging of real-time acquired cardiac images provides a means of attaining high-quality cine images with many of the benefits of real-time imaging, such as free-breathing acquisition and tolerance to arrhythmias. ..
- Kim A, Dombi E, Solomon J, Fox E, Balis F, Widemann B. Automated volumetric growth plate measurement using magnetic resonance imaging for monitoring skeletal toxicity in children treated on investigational drug trials. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:5982-90 pubmed publisher..This tool, along with close monitoring of height and laboratory evaluations for bone metabolism, may be used to evaluate potential bone and growth toxicities of children enrolled in trials of investigational drugs. ..
- Okabe M, Szakacs G, Reimers M, Suzuki T, Hall M, Abe T, et al. Profiling SLCO and SLC22 genes in the NCI-60 cancer cell lines to identify drug uptake transporters. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008;7:3081-91 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the gene expression database can be used to identify SLCO and SLC22 family members that confer sensitivity to cancer cells. ..
- Misaki M, Wallace G, Dankner N, Martin A, Bandettini P. Characteristic cortical thickness patterns in adolescents with autism spectrum disorders: interactions with age and intellectual ability revealed by canonical correlation analysis. Neuroimage. 2012;60:1890-901 pubmed publisher..We discuss these findings vis-Ã -vis prior results obtained utilizing univariate methods. ..
- Yao J, Burns J, Forsberg D, Seitel A, Rasoulian A, Abolmaesumi P, et al. A multi-center milestone study of clinical vertebral CT segmentation. Comput Med Imaging Graph. 2016;49:16-28 pubmed publisher..This is the first multi-center comparative study for vertebra segmentation methods, which will provide an up-to-date performance milestone for the fast growing spinal image analysis and intervention. ..
- Calderoni D, Wudarsky M, Bhangoo R, Dell M, Nicolson R, Hamburger S, et al. Differentiating childhood-onset schizophrenia from psychotic mood disorders. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2001;40:1190-6 pubmed..The diagnosis of COS is difficult and requires a time-consuming evaluation process. ..
- Yao B, Li T, Gelderen P, Shmueli K, de Zwart J, Duyn J. Susceptibility contrast in high field MRI of human brain as a function of tissue iron content. Neuroimage. 2009;44:1259-66 pubmed publisher..The absence of saturation effects opens the way to exploit the benefits of MRI at high field strengths for the detection of iron distributions with high sensitivity and resolution. ..
- Chuang K, Koretsky A, Sotak C. Temporal changes in the T1 and T2 relaxation rates (DeltaR1 and DeltaR2) in the rat brain are consistent with the tissue-clearance rates of elemental manganese. Magn Reson Med. 2009;61:1528-32 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that loss of manganese-enhanced MRI (MEMRI) contrast after systemic Mn(2+) administration is due to elimination of Mn(2+) from the brain. ..
- de Zwart J, van Gelderen P, Jansma J, Fukunaga M, Bianciardi M, Duyn J. Hemodynamic nonlinearities affect BOLD fMRI response timing and amplitude. Neuroimage. 2009;47:1649-58 pubmed publisher..The presence of substantial vascular nonlinearities has important implications for rapid event-related studies by fMRI and other imaging modalities that infer neuronal activity from hemodynamic parameters. ..
- Hsing A, Meyer T, Niwa S, Quraishi S, Chu L. Measuring serum melatonin in epidemiologic studies. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010;19:932-7 pubmed publisher..With improved assays, it may be possible to investigate the role of melatonin and the emerging circadian rhythm hypothesis in cancer etiology in epidemiologic studies. ..
- Qian C, Murphy Boesch J, Dodd S, Koretsky A. Sensitivity enhancement of remotely coupled NMR detectors using wirelessly powered parametric amplification. Magn Reson Med. 2012;68:989-96 pubmed publisher..This gain is high enough that the integrated coil with parametric amplifier, which is coupled inductively to external loops, can provide sensitivity approaching that of direct wire connection. ..
- Ou W, Xiong Y, Silver J. Quantification of virus-envelope-mediated cell fusion using a tetracycline transcriptional transactivator: fusion does not correlate with syncytium formation. Virology. 2004;324:263-72 pubmed..Such nonprogressive cell fusion suggests that post-translational processing of envelope may be altered in heterokaryons co-expressing envelope and receptor. ..
- Liu J, Bock N, Silva A. Rapid high-resolution three-dimensional mapping of T1 and age-dependent variations in the non-human primate brain using magnetization-prepared rapid gradient-echo (MPRAGE) sequence. Neuroimage. 2011;56:1154-63 pubmed publisher..This application illustrates that MPRAGE-based 3D T(1) mapping is rapid, accurate and precise, and can facilitate high-resolution anatomical studies in neuroscience and neurological diseases. ..
- Reyes R, Romanyukha A, Trompier F, Mitchell C, Clairand I, De T, et al. Electron paramagnetic resonance in human fingernails: the sponge model implication. Radiat Environ Biophys. 2008;47:515-26 pubmed publisher..The findings in this study set the stage for understanding fingernail EPR dosimetry and doing in vivo measurements in the future. ..
- Wootton J. Evaluating the effectiveness of sequence analysis algorithms using measures of relevant information. Comput Chem. 1997;21:191-202 pubmed..The combined use of relevance weights and information measures appears to offer promising advantages over ROC analysis and may be generally applicable to diagnostic evaluation. ..
- Burstein M, Georgiades K, Lamers F, Swanson S, Cui L, He J, et al. Empirically derived subtypes of lifetime anxiety disorders: developmental and clinical correlates in U.S. adolescents. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2012;80:102-15 pubmed publisher..Although findings of the present study should be considered preliminary, results emphasize the potential value of early intervention and gender-specific conceptualization and treatment of anxiety disorders. ..
- Warren C, O Sullivan J, Friesen M, Becker C, Zhang X, Liu P, et al. Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Differentiation Enables Functional Validation of GWAS Variants in Metabolic Disease. Cell Stem Cell. 2017;20:547-557.e7 pubmed publisher..Initial investigation of additional SNPs also highlighted correlations with gene expression. These findings suggest that iPSC-based population studies hold promise as tools for the functional validation of GWAS variants. ..
- Zubair A, Burbelo P, Vincent L, Iadarola M, Smith P, Morgan N. Microfluidic LIPS for serum antibody detection: demonstration of a rapid test for HSV-2 infection. Biomed Microdevices. 2011;13:1053-62 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, the LIPS microfluidic format should readily lend itself to automation and the transfer to portable instrumentation. ..
- van Gelderen P, de Zwart J, Lee J, Sati P, Reich D, Duyn J. Nonexponential Tâ‚‚ decay in white matter. Magn Reson Med. 2012;67:110-7 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that T(2) contrast at high field may be uniquely sensitive to tissue myelin content and that proper interpretation will require modeling of susceptibility-induced resonance frequency shifts. ..
- Kinsinger C, Apffel J, Baker M, Bian X, Borchers C, BRADSHAW R, et al. Recommendations for mass spectrometry data quality metrics for open access data (corollary to the Amsterdam Principles). J Proteome Res. 2012;11:1412-9 pubmed publisher..The peer review process was a coordinated effort conducted by a panel of referees selected by the journals. ..
- Shaw P, Proschan M. Null but not void: considerations for hypothesis testing. Stat Med. 2013;32:196-205 pubmed publisher..Published 2012. This article is a US Government work and is in the public domain in the USA. ..
- Baid S, Sinaii N, Wade M, Rubino D, Nieman L. Radioimmunoassay and tandem mass spectrometry measurement of bedtime salivary cortisol levels: a comparison of assays to establish hypercortisolism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:3102-7 pubmed..Cushing's syndrome was not diagnosed in any subject. Salivary cortisol levels should not be used as the sole test to diagnose Cushing's syndrome if laboratory-provided reference ranges are used for diagnostic interpretation. ..
- Woo H, Wang X, Budhu A, Kim Y, Kwon S, Tang Z, et al. Association of TP53 mutations with stem cell-like gene expression and survival of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Gastroenterology. 2011;140:1063-70 pubmed publisher..The acquisition of stem cell-like gene expression traits might contribute to the aggressive behavior of tumors with TP53 mutation. ..
- Vernon M, Kline Leidy N, Nacson A, Nelsen L. Measuring cough severity: development and pilot testing of a new seven-item cough severity patient-reported outcome measure. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2010;4:199-208 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to assess preliminary measurement characteristics in a small sample of patients with chronic or subacute cough...
- Sincan M, Simeonov D, Adams D, Markello T, Pierson T, Toro C, et al. VAR-MD: a tool to analyze whole exome-genome variants in small human pedigrees with mendelian inheritance. Hum Mutat. 2012;33:593-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we predict an incremental advancement in software performance as the reference databases, such as Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Database and Human Gene Mutation Database, continue to improve. ..
- Kalish H, Phillips T. Assessment of chemokine profiles in human skin biopsies by an immunoaffinity capillary electrophoresis chip. Methods. 2012;56:198-203 pubmed publisher..This system demonstrates the ability to identify and quantify immunochemical analytes in frozen sections taken from clinical histopathology samples. ..
- Pinsky P, Gierada D, Nath P, Kazerooni E, Amorosa J. National lung screening trial: variability in nodule detection rates in chest CT studies. Radiology. 2013;268:865-73 pubmed publisher..1%), compared with 91.9% for those with FPRs lower than the median (P = .02). There was substantial variability in radiologists' FPRs. Higher FPRs were associated with modestly higher sensitivity. ..
- Kirk M, Hayward R, Sproull M, Scott T, Smith S, Cooley Zgela T, et al. Non-patient related variables affecting levels of vascular endothelial growth factor in urine biospecimens. J Cell Mol Med. 2008;12:1250-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this determination of the conditions necessary to reliably measure urinary VEGF levels will be useful for future studies related to protein biomarkers and disease progression. ..
- Drevets W, Furey M. Replication of scopolamine's antidepressant efficacy in major depressive disorder: a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Biol Psychiatry. 2010;67:432-8 pubmed publisher..These results replicate previous finding that scopolamine produces a rapid and robust antidepressant response. ..
- Kimura Y, SimÃ©on F, Zoghbi S, Zhang Y, Hatazawa J, Pike V, et al. Quantification of metabotropic glutamate subtype 5 receptors in the brain by an equilibrium method using 18F-SP203. Neuroimage. 2012;59:2124-30 pubmed publisher..In addition, when using 18F-SP203, the equilibrium method is more efficient because it requires much less data. ..
- Smith J, Xu Z, Byrnes A. A quantitative assay for measuring clearance of adenovirus vectors by Kupffer cells. J Virol Methods. 2008;147:54-60 pubmed..As an example of the utility of this method, it was found that pre-injecting mice with polyinosinic acid reduces accumulation of Ad in Kupffer cells by approximately 90%. ..
- Shen Y, Bax A. SPARTA+: a modest improvement in empirical NMR chemical shift prediction by means of an artificial neural network. J Biomol NMR. 2010;48:13-22 pubmed publisher..These results represent a modest but consistent improvement (2-10%) over the best programs available to date, and appear to be approaching the limit at which empirical approaches can predict chemical shifts. ..
- Yuen P, Jo S, Holly M, Hu X, Star R. Ischemic and nephrotoxic acute renal failure are distinguished by their broad transcriptomic responses. Physiol Genomics. 2006;25:375-86 pubmed..Although protein detection reagents are limited, microarray data lay a rich foundation to explore biomarkers, therapeutics, and the pathophysiology of ARF. ..
- Le Y, Stein A, Berry C, Kellman P, Bennett E, Taylor J, et al. Simultaneous myocardial strain and dark-blood perfusion imaging using a displacement-encoded MRI pulse sequence. Magn Reson Med. 2010;64:787-98 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the feasibility of measuring strain and perfusion from a single set of images. ..
- Gharib A, Abd Elmoniem K, Pettigrew R, Hadigan C. Noninvasive coronary imaging for atherosclerosis in human immunodeficiency virus infection. Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2011;40:262-7 pubmed publisher..Application of these techniques may prove very useful in the study of atherosclerosis in many diseases, such as HIV. ..