Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on recombinant fusion proteins in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: recombinant fusion proteins
Publications254 found, 100 shown here
- LorÃ© K, Adams W, Havenga M, Precopio M, Holterman L, Goudsmit J, et al. Myeloid and plasmacytoid dendritic cells are susceptible to recombinant adenovirus vectors and stimulate polyfunctional memory T cell responses. J Immunol. 2007;179:1721-9 pubmed..Thus, the ability of rAd35 to naturally target important DC subsets, induce their maturation, and appropriately present Ag to T cells may herald greater in vivo immunogenicity than has been observed with rAd5. ..
- Mollapour M, Tsutsumi S, Truman A, Xu W, Vaughan C, Beebe K, et al. Threonine 22 phosphorylation attenuates Hsp90 interaction with cochaperones and affects its chaperone activity. Mol Cell. 2011;41:672-81 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of Aha1 stimulates the ATPase activity, restores cochaperone interactions, and compensates for the functional defects of these Hsp90 mutants. ..
- Redmond T, Si J, Barrett D, Borst D, Rainier S, Kotake S, et al. Synthesis of an immunopathogenic fusion protein derived from a bovine interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein cDNA clone. Gene. 1989;80:109-18 pubmed..Thus, it is evident that biological activity of this region of IRBP, as manifested by immuno-pathogenicity, is retained by the fusion protein. ..
- Nguyen D, Rovira I, Finkel T. Regulation of the Werner helicase through a direct interaction with a subunit of protein kinase A. FEBS Lett. 2002;521:170-4 pubmed..These results suggest that similar to lower organisms, gene products linked to genomic instability and aging may be directly regulated by growth factor-sensitive, PKA-dependent pathways. ..
- Becker K, Swergold G, Ozato K, Thayer R. Binding of the ubiquitous nuclear transcription factor YY1 to a cis regulatory sequence in the human LINE-1 transposable element. Hum Mol Genet. 1993;2:1697-702 pubmed..coli. The complex is competed by YY1 binding sites found in other genes, and is ablated by anti-YY1 serum. These results suggest that YY1 is involved in the regulation of L1Hs transcription and therefore transposition. ..
- Norflus F, Yamanaka S, Proia R. Promoters for the human beta-hexosaminidase genes, HEXA and HEXB. DNA Cell Biol. 1996;15:89-97 pubmed..These essential promoter elements represent potential sites for HEXA and HEXB mutations that could alter enzyme expression in Tay-Sachs and Sandhoff diseases, respectively...
- Lee Y, Joe Y, Wolff E, Dimitriadis E, Park M. Complex formation between deoxyhypusine synthase and its protein substrate, the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 5A (eIF5A) precursor. Biochem J. 1999;340 ( Pt 1):273-81 pubmed..0-9.2. An enzyme-product complex, as well as the deoxyhypusine-containing product (modified ec-eIF5A), was also detected at pH7.0-9.2 in a complete reaction mixture containing 1 mM spermidine. ..
- Aringer M, Cheng A, Nelson J, Chen M, Sudarshan C, Zhou Y, et al. Janus kinases and their role in growth and disease. Life Sci. 1999;64:2173-86 pubmed..This review on the rapidly growing field focuses on JAK function and regulation, and on their emerging role in development and human disease. ..
- Chackerian B, Lowy D, Schiller J. Conjugation of a self-antigen to papillomavirus-like particles allows for efficient induction of protective autoantibodies. J Clin Invest. 2001;108:415-23 pubmed..Together, these results suggest a potentially flexible method to efficiently generate autoantibodies against specific self-proteins that mediate arthritis and other diseases. ..
- Greene E, Mizuuchi K. Dynamics of a protein polymer: the assembly and disassembly pathways of the MuB transposition target complex. EMBO J. 2002;21:1477-86 pubmed
- Ma Y, Greener T, Pacold M, Kaushal S, Greene L, Eisenberg E. Identification of domain required for catalytic activity of auxilin in supporting clathrin uncoating by Hsc70. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49267-74 pubmed..Therefore the C-terminal subdomain of the clathrin-binding domain of auxilin is required for auxilin to act catalytically, whereas the N-terminal subdomain strengthens auxilin-clathrin binding. ..
- Basso F, Freeman L, Knapper C, Remaley A, Stonik J, Neufeld E, et al. Role of the hepatic ABCA1 transporter in modulating intrahepatic cholesterol and plasma HDL cholesterol concentrations. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:296-302 pubmed..These combined results demonstrate that ABCA1 plays a key role in hepatic cholesterol efflux, inducing pathways that modulate cholesterol homeostasis in the liver, and establish the liver as a major source of plasma HDL-C...
- Kanno T, Kanno Y, Siegel R, Jang M, Lenardo M, Ozato K. Selective recognition of acetylated histones by bromodomain proteins visualized in living cells. Mol Cell. 2004;13:33-43 pubmed..Thus the recognition of histone acetylation code by bromodomains is selective, is involved in transcription, and potentially conveys transcriptional memory across cell divisions. ..
- Shimamura T, Royal R, Kioi M, Nakajima A, Husain S, Puri R. Interleukin-4 cytotoxin therapy synergizes with gemcitabine in a mouse model of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Cancer Res. 2007;67:9903-12 pubmed..These results indicate that IL-4 cytotoxin combined with gemcitabine may provide effective therapy for the treatment of patients with PDA. ..
- Scaffidi P, Misteli T. Lamin A-dependent misregulation of adult stem cells associated with accelerated ageing. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:452-9 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model in which accelerated ageing in HGPS patients, and possibly also physiological ageing, is the result of adult stem cell dysfunction and progressive deterioration of tissue functions. ..
- Onda M, Beers R, Xiang L, Lee B, Weldon J, Kreitman R, et al. Recombinant immunotoxin against B-cell malignancies with no immunogenicity in mice by removal of B-cell epitopes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:5742-7 pubmed publisher..HA22-LR-8M also has greatly reduced antigenicity when exposed to sera from patients who have produced antibodies to HA22. The properties of HA22-LR-8M make it an excellent candidate for further clinical development. ..
- Grati M, Kachar B. Myosin VIIa and sans localization at stereocilia upper tip-link density implicates these Usher syndrome proteins in mechanotransduction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:11476-81 pubmed publisher..We propose that MYO7A, sans, and harmonin-b form the core components of the UTLD molecular complex. In this complex, MYO7A is likely the motor element that pulls on CDH23 to exert tension on the tip-link. ..
- Behra M, Gallardo V, Bradsher J, Torrado A, Elkahloun A, Idol J, et al. Transcriptional signature of accessory cells in the lateral line, using the Tnk1bp1:EGFP transgenic zebrafish line. BMC Dev Biol. 2012;12:6 pubmed publisher..This will prove to be a valuable tool for the study of regeneration in the lateral line of zebrafish in particular and for regeneration of neuroepithelia in general. ..
- Sette P, Nagashima K, Piper R, Bouamr F. Ubiquitin conjugation to Gag is essential for ESCRT-mediated HIV-1 budding. Retrovirology. 2013;10:79 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate a necessary and natural role for ubiquitin in ESCRT-dependent viral release and indicate a critical role for ubiquitination of Gag rather than ubiquitination of ESCRTs themselves. ..
- Smith M, Carvalho H, Melton Celsa A, O Brien A. The 13C4 monoclonal antibody that neutralizes Shiga toxin Type 1 (Stx1) recognizes three regions on the Stx1 B subunit and prevents Stx1 from binding to its eukaryotic receptor globotriaosylceramide. Infect Immun. 2006;74:6992-8 pubmed
- Mattera R, Bonifacino J. Ubiquitin binding and conjugation regulate the recruitment of Rabex-5 to early endosomes. EMBO J. 2008;27:2484-94 pubmed publisher..We also show that monoubiquitinated Rabex-5 is enriched in the cytosol. These observations are consistent with a model whereby a cycle of Ub binding and monoubiquitination regulates the association of Rabex-5 with endosomes. ..
- Sledjeski D, Gottesman S. A small RNA acts as an antisilencer of the H-NS-silenced rcsA gene of Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:2003-7 pubmed..coli. Since the stimulation of rcsA transcription by this small RNA does not depend on any sequences from within the rcsA transcript, DsrA acts, either directly or indirectly, on rcsA transcription initiation. ..
- Sattlegger E, Hinnebusch A. Separate domains in GCN1 for binding protein kinase GCN2 and ribosomes are required for GCN2 activation in amino acid-starved cells. EMBO J. 2000;19:6622-33 pubmed..GCN1 expression conferred sensitivity to paromomycin in a manner dependent on its ribosome binding domain, supporting the idea that GCN1 binds near the ribosomal acceptor site to promote GCN2 activation by uncharged tRNA. ..
- Kawakami K, Takeshita F, Puri R. Identification of distinct roles for a dileucine and a tyrosine internalization motif in the interleukin (IL)-13 binding component IL-13 receptor alpha 2 chain. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25114-20 pubmed..Together, our findings suggest that the dileucine motif in the trileucine region and tyrosine motif participate in IL-13Ralpha2 internalization in distinct manners. ..
- Tsang M, Friesel R, Kudoh T, Dawid I. Identification of Sef, a novel modulator of FGF signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:165-9 pubmed..Injection of antisense sef morpholino oligos mimicked the phenotypes observed by ectopic fgf8 expression, suggesting that Sef is required to limit FGF signalling during development. ..
- Sanchez Prieto R, Sanchez Arevalo V, Servitja J, Gutkind J. Regulation of p73 by c-Abl through the p38 MAP kinase pathway. Oncogene. 2002;21:974-9 pubmed..These findings indicate that members of the MAP kinases superfamily of signaling molecules can regulate p73, and support a role for the p38 MAP kinase in a novel biochemical pathway by which c-Abl regulates this p53-related molecule. ..
- Maki W, Morales R, Carroll V, Telford W, Knibbs R, Stoolman L, et al. CCR6 colocalizes with CD18 and enhances adhesion to activated endothelial cells in CCR6-transduced Jurkat T cells. J Immunol. 2002;169:2346-53 pubmed..Clustering of CCR6 and coassociation with critical integrins may serve to strengthen adhesion between T cells and activated endothelial cells. ..
- Chae J, Komarow H, Cheng J, Wood G, Raben N, Liu P, et al. Targeted disruption of pyrin, the FMF protein, causes heightened sensitivity to endotoxin and a defect in macrophage apoptosis. Mol Cell. 2003;11:591-604 pubmed..These data support a critical role for pyrin in the innate immune response, possibly by acting on ASC, and suggest a biologic basis for the selection of hypomorphic pyrin variants in man. ..
- Rayasam G, Wendling O, Angrand P, Mark M, Niederreither K, Song L, et al. NSD1 is essential for early post-implantation development and has a catalytically active SET domain. EMBO J. 2003;22:3153-63 pubmed..We have also examined the enzymatic potential of NSD1 and found that its SET domain possesses intrinsic histone methyltransferase activity with specificity for Lys36 of histone H3 (H3-K36) and Lys20 of histone H4 (H4-K20). ..
- Kong H, Yu H, Hong S, Park M, Choi Y, An W, et al. Interaction and functional cooperation of the cancer-amplified transcriptional coactivator activating signal cointegrator-2 and E2F-1 in cell proliferation. Mol Cancer Res. 2003;1:948-58 pubmed
- Thaler C, Koushik S, Blank P, Vogel S. Quantitative multiphoton spectral imaging and its use for measuring resonance energy transfer. Biophys J. 2005;89:2736-49 pubmed..We demonstrate that sRET analysis is a comprehensive, photon-efficient method for imaging RET efficiencies and accurately determines donor and acceptor concentrations in living cells. ..
- Altan Bonnet N, Sougrat R, Liu W, Snapp E, Ward T, Lippincott Schwartz J. Golgi inheritance in mammalian cells is mediated through endoplasmic reticulum export activities. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:990-1005 pubmed..Together, these findings support a model of mitotic Golgi inheritance that involves inhibition and subsequent reactivation of cellular activities controlling the cycling of Golgi components into and out of the ER. ..
- Du X, Ho M, Pastan I. New immunotoxins targeting CD123, a stem cell antigen on acute myeloid leukemia cells. J Immunother. 2007;30:607-13 pubmed..In conclusion, 26292(Fv)-PE38-KDEL shows good cytotoxic activity against CD123 expressing cell lines, and merits further development for the possible treatment of acute myeloid leukemia and other CD123 expressing malignancies. ..
- Parrish S, Moss B. Characterization of a second vaccinia virus mRNA-decapping enzyme conserved in poxviruses. J Virol. 2007;81:12973-8 pubmed..Since D9 is expressed early in infection and D10 late, we suggest that the two proteins enhance mRNA turnover and manipulate gene expression in a complementary and overlapping manner. ..
- Jung G, Titus M, Hammer J. The Dictyostelium type V myosin MyoJ is responsible for the cortical association and motility of contractile vacuole membranes. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:555-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, myoJ cooperates with plus and minus end-directed microtubule motors to drive the normal distribution and dynamics of the CV complex in Dictyostelium. ..
- Rochman M, Postnikov Y, Correll S, Malicet C, Wincovitch S, Karpova T, et al. The interaction of NSBP1/HMGN5 with nucleosomes in euchromatin counteracts linker histone-mediated chromatin compaction and modulates transcription. Mol Cell. 2009;35:642-56 pubmed publisher..We suggest that mouse NSBP1 is an architectural protein that binds preferentially to euchromatin and modulates the fidelity of the cellular transcription profile by counteracting the chromatin-condensing activity of linker histones. ..
- Chua J, Rikhy R, Lippincott Schwartz J. Dynamin 2 orchestrates the global actomyosin cytoskeleton for epithelial maintenance and apical constriction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:20770-5 pubmed publisher..We propose this enables Dyn2 to coordinate, in a GTPase-dependent manner, membrane recycling and actomyosin contractility during epithelial morphogenesis...
- Haso W, Lee D, Shah N, Stetler Stevenson M, Yuan C, Pastan I, et al. Anti-CD22-chimeric antigen receptors targeting B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Blood. 2013;121:1165-74 pubmed publisher..We conclude that second-generation m971 mAb-derived anti-CD22 CARs are promising novel therapeutics that should be tested in BCP-ALL. ..
- Louis J, TÃ¶zsÃ©r J, Roche J, MatÃºz K, Aniana A, Sayer J. Enhanced stability of monomer fold correlates with extreme drug resistance of HIV-1 protease. Biochemistry. 2013;52:7678-88 pubmed publisher..Linking of the subunits did not appreciably change the Î”Tm on inhibitor binding; thus stabilization by tethering appears to have little direct effect on enhancing inhibitor affinity. ..
- Garcia Barrio M, Dong J, Ufano S, Hinnebusch A. Association of GCN1-GCN20 regulatory complex with the N-terminus of eIF2alpha kinase GCN2 is required for GCN2 activation. EMBO J. 2000;19:1887-99 pubmed..The homologous N-terminus of Drosophila GCN2 interacted with yeast GCN1-GCN20 and had a dominant Gcn(-) phenotype, suggesting evolutionary conservation of this interaction. ..
- Sun Y, Kolligs F, Hottiger M, Mosavin R, Fearon E, Nabel G. Regulation of beta -catenin transformation by the p300 transcriptional coactivator. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:12613-8 pubmed..These findings demonstrate a critical role for p300 in beta-catenin/TCF transcription and in cancers arising from defects in beta-catenin regulation. ..
- Speransky V, Taylor K, Edskes H, Wickner R, Steven A. Prion filament networks in [URE3] cells of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:1327-36 pubmed..These observations support and further specify the concept of the [URE3] prion as a self-propagating amyloid. ..
- Cuello M, Ettenberg S, Clark A, Keane M, Posner R, Nau M, et al. Down-regulation of the erbB-2 receptor by trastuzumab (herceptin) enhances tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-mediated apoptosis in breast and ovarian cancer cell lines that overexpress erbB-2. Cancer Res. 2001;61:4892-900 pubmed..These data suggest that the combination of trastuzumab and TRAIL may allow enhanced therapeutic efficacy and specificity in the treatment of erbB-2-overexpressing tumors. ..
- Akari H, Bour S, Kao S, Adachi A, Strebel K. The human immunodeficiency virus type 1 accessory protein Vpu induces apoptosis by suppressing the nuclear factor kappaB-dependent expression of antiapoptotic factors. J Exp Med. 2001;194:1299-311 pubmed..Thus, Vpu induces apoptosis through activation of the caspase pathway by way of inhibiting the NF-kappaB-dependent expression of antiapoptotic genes. ..
- Delogu G, Li A, Repique C, Collins F, Morris S. DNA vaccine combinations expressing either tissue plasminogen activator signal sequence fusion proteins or ubiquitin-conjugated antigens induce sustained protective immunity in a mouse model of pulmonary tuberculosis. Infect Immun. 2002;70:292-302 pubmed..In conclusion, these studies demonstrate the effectiveness of immunization with DNA vaccine combinations against tuberculosis and suggest that further testing of these plasmid cocktails is warranted. ..
- Ro H, Song S, Lee K. Bfa1 can regulate Tem1 function independently of Bub2 in the mitotic exit network of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:5436-41 pubmed
- Elbi C, Misteli T, Hager G. Recruitment of dioxin receptor to active transcription sites. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2001-15 pubmed..These results indicate that AhR/ARNT complexes are recruited to specific subnuclear compartments in a ligand-dependent manner and that these foci represent the sites of AhR target genes. ..
- Jones J, Gellert M. Ordered assembly of the V(D)J synaptic complex ensures accurate recombination. EMBO J. 2002;21:4162-71 pubmed..Additional cellular factors such as chromatin may ensure that RAG1/2 first assembles on a 12 RSS, and then a free 23 RSS enters to activate cleavage. ..
- Cabrera J, Jin D. The distribution of RNA polymerase in Escherichia coli is dynamic and sensitive to environmental cues. Mol Microbiol. 2003;50:1493-505 pubmed..Moreover, mutational analysis suggests that the stable RNA synthesis plays an important role in nucleoid condensation. ..
- Brachmann A, Baxa U, Wickner R. Prion generation in vitro: amyloid of Ure2p is infectious. EMBO J. 2005;24:3082-92 pubmed..Our data indicate that there is no substantial difference between filaments formed in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Kostelansky M, Sun J, Lee S, Kim J, Ghirlando R, Hierro A, et al. Structural and functional organization of the ESCRT-I trafficking complex. Cell. 2006;125:113-26 pubmed..The C-terminal domain of Vps28 binds the ESCRT-II complex. The structure shows how ESCRT-I is assembled by a compact core from which the Vps23 UEV domain, the Vps28 C domain, and other domains project to bind their partners. ..
- Young S, Griffante C, Aguilera G. Dimerization between vasopressin V1b and corticotropin releasing hormone type 1 receptors. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2007;27:439-61 pubmed..4. The data demonstrate that V1bR and CRHR1 can form constitutive homo- and heterodimers and suggests that the heterodimerization does not influence the binding properties of these receptors. ..
- Bakowska J, Jupille H, Fatheddin P, Puertollano R, Blackstone C. Troyer syndrome protein spartin is mono-ubiquitinated and functions in EGF receptor trafficking. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1683-92 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that spartin is involved in the intracellular trafficking of EGFR and that impaired endocytosis may underlie the pathogenesis of Troyer syndrome. ..
- Schmeisser F, Weir J. Incorporation of a lambda phage recombination system and EGFP detection to simplify mutagenesis of Herpes simplex virus bacterial artificial chromosomes. BMC Biotechnol. 2007;7:22 pubmed..Together, these improvements to the techniques of HSV BAC mutagenesis will facilitate the construction of recombinant herpes simplex viruses and viral vectors. ..
- Plonsky I, Kingsley D, Rashtian A, Blank P, Zimmerberg J. Initial size and dynamics of viral fusion pores are a function of the fusion protein mediating membrane fusion. Biol Cell. 2008;100:377-86 pubmed publisher..The structure of the initial fusion pore detected by electrical conductance measurements is sensitive to the nature of the fusion protein. ..
- Endo Y, Beauchamp E, Woods D, Taylor W, Toretsky J, Uren A, et al. Wnt-3a and Dickkopf-1 stimulate neurite outgrowth in Ewing tumor cells via a Frizzled3- and c-Jun N-terminal kinase-dependent mechanism. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2368-79 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that Fzd3, Dvl, and JNK activity mediate Wnt-dependent neurite outgrowth and that ESFT cell lines will be useful experimental models for the study of Wnt-dependent neurite extension. ..
- Wang P, Seabold G, Wenthold R. Synaptic adhesion-like molecules (SALMs) promote neurite outgrowth. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;39:83-94 pubmed publisher..In addition, by using a chimera of SALMs 2 and 4, we found that the N-terminus is also involved in neurite outgrowth. ..
- Rane N, Kang S, Chakrabarti O, Feigenbaum L, Hegde R. Reduced translocation of nascent prion protein during ER stress contributes to neurodegeneration. Dev Cell. 2008;15:359-70 pubmed publisher..We propose that one mechanism of prion-mediated neurodegeneration involves an indirect ER stress-dependent effect on nascent PrP biosynthesis and metabolism. ..
- Zhang T, Zaal K, Sheridan J, Mehta A, Gundersen G, Ralston E. Microtubule plus-end binding protein EB1 is necessary for muscle cell differentiation, elongation and fusion. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:1401-9 pubmed publisher..Re-expression of EB1 as EB1-GFP restores all aspects of normal differentiation, whereas overexpression of EB3-GFP restores elongation but not fusion. We conclude that EB1 is necessary for the early stages of muscle differentiation. ..
- Mukhopadhyay D, Arnaoutov A, Dasso M. The SUMO protease SENP6 is essential for inner kinetochore assembly. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:681-92 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings reveal a novel mechanism whereby the finely balanced activities of SENP6 and RNF4 control vertebrate kinetochore assembly through SUMO-targeted destabilization of inner plate components. ..
- Ma J, Tang W, Esser L, Pastan I, Xia D. Recognition of mesothelin by the therapeutic antibody MORAb-009: structural and mechanistic insights. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33123-31 pubmed..The overlapping binding footprints of both the monoclonal antibody and the cancer antigen CA-125 explains the therapeutic effect and provides a basis for further antibody improvement. ..
- Chinnasamy D, Tran E, Yu Z, Morgan R, Restifo N, Rosenberg S. Simultaneous targeting of tumor antigens and the tumor vasculature using T lymphocyte transfer synergize to induce regression of established tumors in mice. Cancer Res. 2013;73:3371-80 pubmed publisher..The data presented here emphasize the possible beneficial effects of combining antiangiogenic with tumor-specific immunotherapeutic approaches for the treatment of patients with cancer. ..
- Muenchau D, Ruscetti S, Anderson W. Sequences present in a small region of the AKV virus envelope gene determine the efficiency with which pseudotyped spleen focus-forming virus infects erythroid target cells. Virology. 1992;186:161-6 pubmed
- Kreitman R. Recombinant immunotoxins containing truncated bacterial toxins for the treatment of hematologic malignancies. BioDrugs. 2009;23:1-13 pubmed publisher..The most successful application of recombinant immunotoxins today is in hairy cell leukemia, where BL22 has induced complete remissions in most patients who were previously treated with optimal chemotherapy. ..
- Ho M, Feng M, Fisher R, Rader C, Pastan I. A novel high-affinity human monoclonal antibody to mesothelin. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:2020-30 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, because the HN1 immuntoxin kills mesothelin-expressing cancer cells with high cytotoxic activity, we believe that it has significant potential for mesothelin-expressing cancer treatment and diagnosis. ..
- Dressler G, Douglass E. Pax-2 is a DNA-binding protein expressed in embryonic kidney and Wilms tumor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:1179-83 pubmed..These data suggest that Pax-2 is a transcription factor active during the mesenchyme-to-epithelium transition in early kidney development and in Wilms tumor. ..
- Galvin T, Muller J, Khan A. Effect of different promoters on immune responses elicited by HIV-1 gag/env multigenic DNA vaccine in Macaca mulatta and Macaca nemestrina. Vaccine. 2000;18:2566-83 pubmed..Furthermore, safety concerns may arise with increasing the DNA dose that could need additional investigation...
- Yang Y, Dukhanina O, Tang B, Mamura M, Letterio J, MacGregor J, et al. Lifetime exposure to a soluble TGF-beta antagonist protects mice against metastasis without adverse side effects. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:1607-15 pubmed..Thus this soluble TGF-beta antagonist has potential for long-term clinical use in the prevention of metastasis. ..
- Kawahara A, Chien C, Dawid I. The homeobox gene mbx is involved in eye and tectum development. Dev Biol. 2002;248:107-17 pubmed..Based on these data, we propose that the mbx homeobox gene is required for the development of the eyes and tectum. ..
- Vazquez Prado J, Miyazaki H, Castellone M, Teramoto H, Gutkind J. Chimeric G alpha i2/G alpha 13 proteins reveal the structural requirements for the binding and activation of the RGS-like (RGL)-containing Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs) by G alpha 13. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54283-90 pubmed
- Gagnon S, Turner R, Shiue M, Damirjian M, Biddison W. Extensive T cell receptor cross-reactivity on structurally diverse haptenated peptides presented by HLA-A2. Mol Immunol. 2006;43:346-56 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that TCRs possess the molecular flexibility to accommodate very structurally diverse ligands while retaining conserved interactions with the surface of the MHC molecule. ..
- Vogel J, Kristie T. Site-specific proteolysis of the transcriptional coactivator HCF-1 can regulate its interaction with protein cofactors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:6817-22 pubmed..This paradigm expands the biological significance of limited proteolytic processing as a regulatory mechanism in gene transcription. ..
- Cohen L, Honda A, Varnai P, Brown F, Balla T, Donaldson J. Active Arf6 recruits ARNO/cytohesin GEFs to the PM by binding their PH domains. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2244-53 pubmed..This interaction was direct and required both inositol phospholipids and GTP. We propose a model of sequential Arf activation at the PM whereby Arf6-GTP recruits ARNO family GEFs for further activation of other Arf isoforms. ..
- Nelson G, Sisler J, Chandran D, Moss B. Vaccinia virus entry/fusion complex subunit A28 is a target of neutralizing and protective antibodies. Virology. 2008;380:394-401 pubmed publisher..Passive immunization of mice with IgG purified from the anti-A28 serum provided partial protection against a vaccinia virus intranasal challenge, whereas IgG from the anti-H2 serum did not. ..
- Chernomordik V, Hassan M, Lee S, Zielinski R, Gandjbakhche A, Capala J. Quantitative analysis of Her2 receptor expression in vivo by near-infrared optical imaging. Mol Imaging. 2010;9:192-200 pubmed..This work shows that optical imaging, combined with mathematical modeling, allows noninvasive monitoring of HER2 expression in vivo. ..
- Locatelli Hoops S, Gorshkova I, Gawrisch K, Yeliseev A. Expression, surface immobilization, and characterization of functional recombinant cannabinoid receptor CB2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1834:2045-56 pubmed publisher..In summary, we present an integral strategy for purification, surface immobilization, ligand- and antibody binding studies of functional cannabinoid receptor CB2. ..
- Meacci E, Taira M, Moos M, Smith C, Movsesian M, Degerman E, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of human myocardial cGMP-inhibited cAMP phosphodiesterase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:3721-5 pubmed..cAMP hydrolytic activity was inhibited by cGMP and OPC 3911 but not by rolipram. Thus, this report provides direct proof that the conserved domain contains the catalytic core of cGI PDEs. ..
- Liu J, Green S, Hao Y, McDonagh K, Young N, Shimada T. Upstream sequences within the terminal hairpin positively regulate the P6 promoter of B19 parvovirus. Virology. 1991;185:39-47 pubmed..The hairpin termini of parvoviruses were known to serve as origins of replication and to catalyze virion packaging. We now suggest that, in addition to these functions, they exert cis-acting effects on B19 P6-promoted gene expression. ..
- Mazo A, Huang D, Mozer B, Dawid I. The trithorax gene, a trans-acting regulator of the bithorax complex in Drosophila, encodes a protein with zinc-binding domains. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:2112-6 pubmed..This differential effect of the E3 mutation suggests that trx exhibits other function(s) besides those involved in the regulation of Ubx expression in the ventral nerve cord of the embryo. ..
- Huth J, Bewley C, Jackson B, Hinnebusch A, Clore G, Gronenborn A. Design of an expression system for detecting folded protein domains and mapping macromolecular interactions by NMR. Protein Sci. 1997;6:2359-64 pubmed..Several examples are presented that demonstrate the usefulness of this technique for screening protein/DNA complexes, as well as for probing ligand-receptor interactions, using 15N-labeled GB1-peptide fusions and unlabeled target. ..
- Dell Angelica E, Klumperman J, Stoorvogel W, Bonifacino J. Association of the AP-3 adaptor complex with clathrin. Science. 1998;280:431-4 pubmed..AP-3 colocalized with clathrin in cells as observed by immunofluorescence and immunoelectron microscopy. Thus, AP-3 function in protein sorting may depend on clathrin. ..
- Visconti R, Gadina M, Chiariello M, Chen E, Stancato L, Gutkind J, et al. Importance of the MKK6/p38 pathway for interleukin-12-induced STAT4 serine phosphorylation and transcriptional activity. Blood. 2000;96:1844-52 pubmed..Blood. 2000;96:1844-1852) ..
- Vonakis B, Haleem Smith H, Benjamin P, Metzger H. Interaction between the unphosphorylated receptor with high affinity for IgE and Lyn kinase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1041-50 pubmed
- He L, Weber A, Levens D. Nuclear targeting determinants of the far upstream element binding protein, a c-myc transcription factor. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:4558-65 pubmed..Taken together, these data reveal complex intranuclear trafficking of FBP and support a transcriptional role for this protein. ..
- Hernandez Sanchez C, Basile A, Fedorova I, Arima H, Stannard B, Fernandez A, et al. Mice transgenically overexpressing sulfonylurea receptor 1 in forebrain resist seizure induction and excitotoxic neuron death. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:3549-54 pubmed..These results indicate that the transgenic overexpression of SUR1 alone in forebrain structures significantly protects mice from seizures and neuronal damage without interfering with locomotor or cognitive function...
- Heymann J, Sarker R, Hirai T, Shi D, Milne J, Maloney P, et al. Projection structure and molecular architecture of OxlT, a bacterial membrane transporter. EMBO J. 2001;20:4408-13 pubmed..By combining information from the projection map with related biochemical data, we present probable models for the architectural arrangement of transmembrane helices in this protein superfamily...
- Basañez G, Sharpe J, Galanis J, Brandt T, Hardwick J, Zimmerberg J. Bax-type apoptotic proteins porate pure lipid bilayers through a mechanism sensitive to intrinsic monolayer curvature. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49360-5 pubmed..Altogether, these results are consistent with a model whereby Bax-type proteins change the bending propensity of the membrane to form pores comprised at least in part of lipids in a structure of net positive monolayer curvature. ..