Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pregnancy proteins in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: pregnancy proteins
- Romero R, Nien J, Espinoza J, Todem D, Fu W, Chung H, et al. A longitudinal study of angiogenic (placental growth factor) and anti-angiogenic (soluble endoglin and soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1) factors in normal pregnancy and patients destined to develop preeclampsia and deliver a smal. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2008;21:9-23 pubmed publisher
- Levine R, Lam C, Qian C, Yu K, Maynard S, Sachs B, et al. Soluble endoglin and other circulating antiangiogenic factors in preeclampsia. N Engl J Med. 2006;355:992-1005 pubmed..Since soluble endoglin, another antiangiogenic protein, acts together with sFlt1 to induce a severe preeclampsia-like syndrome in pregnant rats, we examined whether it is associated with preeclampsia in women...
- Hickenbottom S, Kimmel A, Londos C, Hurley J. Structure of a lipid droplet protein; the PAT family member TIP47. Structure. 2004;12:1199-207 pubmed..The structure suggests an analogy between PAT proteins and apolipoproteins in which helical repeats interact with lipid while the ordered C-terminal region is involved in protein:protein interactions. ..
- Bera T, Hahn Y, Lee B, Pastan I. TEPP, a new gene specifically expressed in testis, prostate, and placenta and well conserved in chordates. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:1209-15 pubmed..Selective expression of TEPP in testis, prostate, and in placenta and its high conservation among different species indicate that TEPP might have a role in reproductive biology. ..
- Leslie K, Watanabe S, Lei K, Chou D, Plouzek C, Deng H, et al. Linkage of two human pregnancy-specific beta 1-glycoprotein genes: one is associated with hydatidiform mole. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:5822-6 pubmed..The coding region of PSG95 is identical to the previously reported cDNA clones PSG1d and FL-NCA, but PSG95 contains an additional 518 and 523 base pairs in the 3' end as compared with PSG1d and FL-NCA, respectively. ..
- Ha C, Waterhouse R, Wessells J, Wu J, Dveksler G. Binding of pregnancy-specific glycoprotein 17 to CD9 on macrophages induces secretion of IL-10, IL-6, PGE2, and TGF-beta1. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;77:948-57 pubmed..The induction of anti-inflammatory cytokines by various PSGs supports the hypothesis that these glycoproteins have an essential role in the regulation of the maternal immune response in species with hemochorial placentation. ..