Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on organ specificity in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: organ specificity
- Lu S, Borst D, Horowits R. N-RAP expression during mouse heart development. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:201-12 pubmed..The results are consistent with N-RAP functioning as a catalytic scaffolding molecule, with low levels of the scaffold being sufficient to repetitively catalyze key steps in myofibril assembly. ..
- Wang X, Brownstein M, Young W. Sequence analysis of PG10.2, a gene expressed in the pineal gland and the outer nuclear layer of the retina. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;41:269-78 pubmed..These features suggest that this gene may encode a glycoprotein involved in cell adhesion, growth, and differentiation of pineal and retinal photoreceptor cells. ..
- John S, Sabo P, Thurman R, Sung M, Biddie S, Johnson T, et al. Chromatin accessibility pre-determines glucocorticoid receptor binding patterns. Nat Genet. 2011;43:264-8 pubmed publisher..The results define a framework for understanding regulatory factor-genome interactions and provide a molecular basis for the tissue selectivity of steroid pharmaceuticals and other agents that intersect the living genome. ..
- Good P, Richter K, Dawid I. A nervous system-specific isotype of the beta subunit of Na+,K(+)-ATPase expressed during early development of Xenopus laevis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:9088-92 pubmed..We suggest that beta 3 is a major Na+,K(+)-ATPase beta subunit present during early nervous system development in the frog. ..
- Orvisky E, Park J, LaMarca M, Ginns E, Martin B, Tayebi N, et al. Glucosylsphingosine accumulation in tissues from patients with Gaucher disease: correlation with phenotype and genotype. Mol Genet Metab. 2002;76:262-70 pubmed..The elevated levels found in brains from patients with neuronopathic Gaucher disease support the hypothesis that glucosylsphingosine may contribute to the nervous system involvement in these patients...
- Yamada S, Brown K, Yamada K. Differential mRNA regulation of integrin subunits alpha V, beta 1, beta 3, and beta 5 during mouse embryonic organogenesis. Cell Adhes Commun. 1995;3:311-25 pubmed..The beta 5 integrin is unique in its degree of tissue-specific mRNA regulation associated with morphogenesis of embryonic organs. ..
- Raben N, Lu N, Nagaraju K, Rivera Y, Lee A, Yan B, et al. Conditional tissue-specific expression of the acid alpha-glucosidase (GAA) gene in the GAA knockout mice: implications for therapy. Hum Mol Genet. 2001;10:2039-47 pubmed..Furthermore, using tetracycline regulation, we somatically induced human GAA in the knockout mice, and demonstrated that the skeletal and cardiac muscle pathology was completely reversible if the treatment was begun early. ..
- Weinstein B, Lawson N. Arteries, veins, Notch, and VEGF. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2002;67:155-62 pubmed
- Moustafa M, Carlson B, Anver M, Bobe G, Zhong N, Ward J, et al. Selenium and selenoprotein deficiencies induce widespread pyogranuloma formation in mice, while high levels of dietary selenium decrease liver tumor size driven by TGF?. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57389 pubmed publisher..4 and 2.25 versus 0.1 ppm of selenium. Thus, selenium and selenoprotein deficiencies led to widespread pyogranuloma formation, while high selenium levels inhibited the size of TGF?-induced liver tumors. ..
- Rosenzweig S, Holland S. Recent insights into the pathobiology of innate immune deficiencies. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2011;11:369-77 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the most recent discoveries as well as the already established pathophysiologic mechanisms underlying innate immunity defects associated with primary immunodeficiencies. ..
- Raciti G, Bera T, Gavrilova O, Pastan I. Partial inactivation of Ankrd26 causes diabetes with enhanced insulin responsiveness of adipose tissue in mice. Diabetologia. 2011;54:2911-22 pubmed publisher..One is to control the response of white adipose tissue to insulin; the other is to control appetite, which when Ankrd26 is mutated, leads to hyperphagia and diabetes in an obesity-dependent manner. ..
- Schwabe W, Brennan M, Hochgeschwender U. Isolation and characterization of the mouse (Mus musculus) somatostatin receptor type-4-encoding gene (mSSTR4). Gene. 1996;168:233-5 pubmed..Using an RT-PCR technique, we show that the mSSTR4 gene is expressed in brain, but not in liver, heart, spleen or kidney of the adult mouse. ..
- King K, Ponnamperuma R, Yamashita T, Tokino T, Lee L, Young M, et al. deltaNp63alpha functions as both a positive and a negative transcriptional regulator and blocks in vitro differentiation of murine keratinocytes. Oncogene. 2003;22:3635-44 pubmed..These findings support deltaNp63alpha as a master regulator of keratinocyte differentiation, and suggest a novel function of this protein in the maintenance of epithelial homeostasis. ..
- Patterton D, Hayes W, Shi Y. Transcriptional activation of the matrix metalloproteinase gene stromelysin-3 coincides with thyroid hormone-induced cell death during frog metamorphosis. Dev Biol. 1995;167:252-62 pubmed
- Kelley C, Takahashi M, Yu J, Adelstein R. An insert of seven amino acids confers functional differences between smooth muscle myosins from the intestines and vasculature. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:12848-54 pubmed
- Norflus F, Yamanaka S, Proia R. Promoters for the human beta-hexosaminidase genes, HEXA and HEXB. DNA Cell Biol. 1996;15:89-97 pubmed..These essential promoter elements represent potential sites for HEXA and HEXB mutations that could alter enzyme expression in Tay-Sachs and Sandhoff diseases, respectively...
- Friedman K, Prieto P, Devillier L, Gross C, Yang J, Wunderlich J, et al. Tumor-specific CD4+ melanoma tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes. J Immunother. 2012;35:400-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that at least 20% of metastatic melanomas contain CD4+ lymphocytes with specific tumor recognition and suggest a possible role for CD4+ cells in the effectiveness of adoptive cell therapy. ..
- Torrado M, Trivedi R, Zinovieva R, Karavanova I, Tomarev S. Optimedin: a novel olfactomedin-related protein that interacts with myocilin. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:1291-301 pubmed..We suggest that optimedin may be a candidate gene for disorders involving the anterior segment of the eye and the retina. ..
- Daley W, Matsumoto K, Doyle A, Wang S, DuChez B, Holmbeck K, et al. Btbd7 is essential for region-specific epithelial cell dynamics and branching morphogenesis in vivo. Development. 2017;144:2200-2211 pubmed publisher..These studies show how a specific regulatory molecule, Btbd7, can function at a local region of developing organs to regulate dynamics of cell adhesion and motility during epithelial branching morphogenesis. ..
- Hellmich M, Pant H, Wada E, Battey J. Neuronal cdc2-like kinase: a cdc2-related protein kinase with predominantly neuronal expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:10867-71 pubmed
- Castro C, Gourley M. Diagnostic testing and interpretation of tests for autoimmunity. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;125:S238-47 pubmed publisher..Comprehensive laboratory evaluation of a suspected autoimmune illness in conjunction with a thorough clinical evaluation provides a better understanding of a patient's immunologic disease. ..
- Taher L, Narlikar L, Ovcharenko I. CLARE: Cracking the LAnguage of Regulatory Elements. Bioinformatics. 2012;28:581-3 pubmed publisher..CLARE is freely accessible at http://clare.dcode.org/. ..
- Tritel M, Stoddard A, Flynn B, Darrah P, Wu C, Wille U, et al. Prime-boost vaccination with HIV-1 Gag protein and cytosine phosphate guanosine oligodeoxynucleotide, followed by adenovirus, induces sustained and robust humoral and cellular immune responses. J Immunol. 2003;171:2538-47 pubmed..Together, these data suggest a new immunization approach for elicitation of long term humoral and cellular immune responses. ..
- DiNapoli J, Murphy B, Collins P, Bukreyev A. Impairment of the CD8+ T cell response in lungs following infection with human respiratory syncytial virus is specific to the anatomical site rather than the virus, antigen, or route of infection. Virol J. 2008;5:105 pubmed publisher..The decreased functionality of CD8+ CTL is specific to the lungs and is not dependent on the specific virus, viral antigen, or route of infection. ..
- Soto Pantoja D, Miller T, Pendrak M, DeGraff W, Sullivan C, Ridnour L, et al. CD47 deficiency confers cell and tissue radioprotection by activation of autophagy. Autophagy. 2012;8:1628-42 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that CD47 deficiency confers cell survival through the activation of autophagic flux and identifies CD47 blockade as a pharmacological route to modulate autophagy for protecting tissue from radiation injury. ..
- Blake T, Adya N, Kim C, Oates A, Zon L, Chitnis A, et al. Zebrafish homolog of the leukemia gene CBFB: its expression during embryogenesis and its relationship to scl and gata-1 in hematopoiesis. Blood. 2000;96:4178-84 pubmed..Our results indicate that cbfb is expressed in early hematopoietic progenitors and that its expression pattern in the hematopoietic mutants is similar to that of scl. (Blood. 2000;96:4178-4184) ..
- Prokunina Olsson L, Welch C, Hansson O, Adhikari N, Scott L, Usher N, et al. Tissue-specific alternative splicing of TCF7L2. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:3795-804 pubmed publisher..Alternative splicing of TCF7L2 in pancreatic islets warrants future studies. GenBank Accession Numbers: FJ010164-FJ010174. ..
- Chen K, Szakacs G, Annereau J, Rouzaud F, Liang X, Valencia J, et al. Principal expression of two mRNA isoforms (ABCB 5alpha and ABCB 5beta ) of the ATP-binding cassette transporter gene ABCB 5 in melanoma cells and melanocytes. Pigment Cell Res. 2005;18:102-12 pubmed..Our findings indicate that expression of ABCB 5alpha/beta might possibly provide two novel molecular markers for differential diagnosis of melanomas and constitute potential molecular targets for therapy of melanomas. ..
- Kim R, Gasser R, Wistow G. mu-crystallin is a mammalian homologue of Agrobacterium ornithine cyclodeaminase and is expressed in human retina. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:9292-6 pubmed
- Gomeza J, Shannon H, Kostenis E, Felder C, Zhang L, Brodkin J, et al. Pronounced pharmacologic deficits in M2 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor knockout mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:1692-7 pubmed..These results offer a rational basis for the development of novel muscarinic drugs. ..
- Dickensheets H, Sheikh F, Park O, Gao B, Donnelly R. Interferon-lambda (IFN-?) induces signal transduction and gene expression in human hepatocytes, but not in lymphocytes or monocytes. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;93:377-85 pubmed publisher..This important functional difference may provide a clinical advantage for IFN-? as a treatment for chronic HCV infection, as it is less likely to induce the leukopenias that are often associated with IFN-? therapy...
- Yajima S, Lee S, Minowa T, Mouradian M. Sp family transcription factors regulate expression of rat D2 dopamine receptor gene. DNA Cell Biol. 1998;17:471-9 pubmed
- Yardeni T, Jacobs K, Niethamer T, Ciccone C, Anikster Y, Kurochkina N, et al. Murine isoforms of UDP-GlcNAc 2-epimerase/ManNAc kinase: Secondary structures, expression profiles, and response to ManNAc therapy. Glycoconj J. 2013;30:609-18 pubmed publisher..In addition, the existence and expression of GNE isoforms needs consideration when designing other therapeutic strategies for GNE myopathy. ..
- Chen H, Plouzek C, Liu J, Chen C, Chou J. Characterization of a major member of the rat pregnancy-specific glycoprotein family. DNA Cell Biol. 1992;11:139-48 pubmed..Northern hybridization and ribonuclease protection assays also suggest that rnCGM6 may be the major PSG member in rat. ..
- Ueno T, Gonzalez F. Complete sequence of the rat CYP2A3 gene specifically transcribed in lung. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:4623-4 pubmed
- Nasonkin I, Merbs S, Lazo K, Oliver V, Brooks M, Patel K, et al. Conditional knockdown of DNA methyltransferase 1 reveals a key role of retinal pigment epithelium integrity in photoreceptor outer segment morphogenesis. Development. 2013;140:1330-41 pubmed publisher..We also establish a model to study the epigenetic mechanisms and signaling pathways that guide the modulation of photoreceptor outer segment morphogenesis by RPE during retinal development and disease. ..
- Patel B, Kang Y, Cui K, Litt M, Riberio M, Deng C, et al. Aberrant TAL1 activation is mediated by an interchromosomal interaction in human T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia. 2014;28:349-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study reveals a novel molecular mechanism involving changes in three-dimensional chromatin interactions that activate the TAL1 oncogene in human T-cell leukemia. ..
- Petrovics G, Zhang W, Makarem M, Street J, Connelly R, Sun L, et al. Elevated expression of PCGEM1, a prostate-specific gene with cell growth-promoting function, is associated with high-risk prostate cancer patients. Oncogene. 2004;23:605-11 pubmed
- Roberts S, Chung K, Nachmanoff K, Elwood P. Tissue-specific promoters of the alpha human folate receptor gene yield transcripts with divergent 5' leader sequences and different translational efficiencies. Biochem J. 1997;326 ( Pt 2):439-47 pubmed..Hence, one consequence of tissue-specific promoter usage is the production of alphahFR transcripts with different 5' non-coding regions that affect translational efficiency...
- Gonzalez Navarro H, Nong Z, Freeman L, Bensadoun A, Peterson K, Santamarina Fojo S. Identification of mouse and human macrophages as a site of synthesis of hepatic lipase. J Lipid Res. 2002;43:671-5 pubmed..These combined findings establish that HL is synthesized de novo by macrophages as well as liver, and raises the possibility that HL may have a direct role in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. ..
- Kiesewetter D, Jagoda E, Kao C, Ma Y, Ravasi L, Shimoji K, et al. Fluoro-, bromo-, and iodopaclitaxel derivatives: synthesis and biological evaluation. Nucl Med Biol. 2003;30:11-24 pubmed..As a result, [(18)F]fluoropaclitaxel will be a useful radiopharmaceutical for the study of multidrug resistant tumors...
- Prioleau M, Nony P, Simpson M, Felsenfeld G. An insulator element and condensed chromatin region separate the chicken beta-globin locus from an independently regulated erythroid-specific folate receptor gene. EMBO J. 1999;18:4035-48 pubmed..We speculate that the 5' beta-globin boundary element might be important for the proper regulation of two adjacent domains activated at two different stages during differentiation. ..
- Kim H, Kim H, Lee P, King R, Chin H. Rat brain expresses an alternatively spliced form of the dihydropyridine-sensitive L-type calcium channel alpha 2 subunit. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:3251-5 pubmed
- Combadiere C, Ahuja S, Murphy P. Cloning, chromosomal localization, and RNA expression of a human beta chemokine receptor-like gene. DNA Cell Biol. 1995;14:673-80 pubmed..Moreover, the RNA distributions suggest that CMKBRL1, the MIP-1 alpha/RANTES receptor, and the MCP-1 receptor may have both overlapping and distinct biological roles. ..
- Uhrigshardt H, Singh A, Kovtunovych G, Ghosh M, Rouault T. Characterization of the human HSC20, an unusual DnaJ type III protein, involved in iron-sulfur cluster biogenesis. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3816-34 pubmed publisher..A cysteine-rich N-terminal domain, which clearly distinguishes hHSC20 from the specialized DnaJ type III proteins of fungi and most bacteria, was found to be important for the integrity and function of the human co-chaperone. ..
- Srivastava M, Pollard H, Fleming P. Mouse cytochrome b561: cDNA cloning and expression in rat brain, mouse embryos, and human glioma cell lines. DNA Cell Biol. 1998;17:771-7 pubmed..Cytochrome b561 expression was detectable in the 11-day-old mouse embryo, and the level of its mRNA increased tenfold by 15 and 17 days of gestation. ..
- Bhatia Dey N, Taira M, Conti M, Nooruddin H, Adelstein R. Differential expression of non-muscle myosin heavy chain genes during Xenopus embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 1998;78:33-6 pubmed
- Li W, Yu Z, Kotin R. Profiles of PrKX expression in developmental mouse embryo and human tissues. J Histochem Cytochem. 2005;53:1003-9 pubmed..Very low protein levels were found in heart tissues from a 5-month-old fetus and from an adult, whereas PrKX proteins were more abundant in fetal brain, kidney, and liver tissues compared with adult samples of the same tissue type. ..
- Zhang J, Dyer K, Rosenberg H. RNase 8, a novel RNase A superfamily ribonuclease expressed uniquely in placenta. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:1169-75 pubmed..The rapid evolution, species-limited deactivation and tissue-specific expression of RNase 8 suggest a unique physiological function and reiterates the evolutionary plasticity of the RNase A superfamily...
- Goldin L, Pfeiffer R, Li X, Hemminki K. Familial risk of lymphoproliferative tumors in families of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia: results from the Swedish Family-Cancer Database. Blood. 2004;104:1850-4 pubmed..We conclude that the familial component of CLL is shared with other lymphoproliferative malignances, suggesting common genetic pathways. However, because clinically diagnosed CLL is uncommon, absolute excess risk to relatives is small...
- Bera T, Das S, Maeda H, Beers R, Wolfgang C, Kumar V, et al. NGEP, a gene encoding a membrane protein detected only in prostate cancer and normal prostate. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3059-64 pubmed..Because of its selective expression in prostate cancer and its presence on the cell surface, NGEP-L is a promising target for the antibody-based therapies of prostate cancer. ..
- Furusawa T, Bustin M. Visualization of the expression of HMGN nucleosomal binding proteins in the developing mouse embryo and in adult mouse tissues. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;523:67-82 pubmed publisher..HMGN are chromatin-binding proteins that affect chromatin structure and function and play a role in cellular differentiation. ..
- Begley C, Aplan P, Denning S, Haynes B, Waldmann T, Kirsch I. The gene SCL is expressed during early hematopoiesis and encodes a differentiation-related DNA-binding motif. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:10128-32 pubmed..SCL mRNA is observed in "early" hematopoietic tissues. Taken together, these studies lead to the speculation that SCL plays a role in differentiation and/or commitment events during hematopoiesis. ..
- Ramsden C, Ringel A, Majchrzak Hong S, Yang J, Blanchard H, ZAMORA D, et al. Dietary linoleic acid-induced alterations in pro- and anti-nociceptive lipid autacoids: Implications for idiopathic pain syndromes?. Mol Pain. 2016;12: pubmed publisher..Dietary linoleic acid lowering should be further investigated as part of an integrative strategy for the prevention and management of idiopathic pain syndromes. ..
- Schütz B, Damadzic R, Weihe E, Eiden L. Identification of a region from the human cholinergic gene locus that targets expression of the vesicular acetylcholine transporter to a subset of neurons in the medial habenular nucleus in transgenic mice. J Neurochem. 2003;87:1174-83 pubmed..The identification of these two subdivisions of the cholinergic nervous system suggests that other cholinergic neurons in the CNS and PNS are similarly regulated by additional discrete domains within the cholinergic gene locus. ..
- Mannironi C, Orr A, Hatch C, Pilch D, Ivanova V, Bonner W. The relative expression of human histone H2A genes is similar in different types of proliferating cells. DNA Cell Biol. 1994;13:161-70 pubmed..These findings suggest that the relative expression of the individual members of a histone gene family is independent of the type of replicating cell. ..
- Shohet R, Conti M, Kawamoto S, Preston Y, Brill D, Adelstein R. Cloning of the cDNA encoding the myosin heavy chain of a vertebrate cellular myosin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:7726-30 pubmed..Comparison of amino acid sequences in the rod regions between human and chicken cellular MHCs shows a remarkable 92% identity. ..
- Girgis H, Ovcharenko I. Predicting tissue specific cis-regulatory modules in the human genome using pairs of co-occurring motifs. BMC Bioinformatics. 2012;13:25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CrmMiner predictions are accurate and likely to be tissue-specific CRMs. We expect that the predicted tissue-specific CRMs and the regulatory signatures broaden our knowledge of gene transcription regulation. ..
- Ji H, Sandberg K, Zhang Y, Catt K. Molecular cloning, sequencing and functional expression of an amphibian angiotensin II receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;194:756-62 pubmed..Comparative analysis of xAT and AT1 receptors should facilitate elucidation of the structural basis of their binding and activation properties. ..
- Guan G, Dai P, Shechter I. cDNA cloning and gene expression analysis of human myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;417:251-9 pubmed..hIPS mRNA expression is 50% suppressed by 10mM lithium ion in these cells. Neither 5mM myo-inositol nor the three hormones: estrogen, thyroid hormone, and insulin altered hIPS mRNA expression in these cells. ..
- Ganguly S, Grodzki C, Sugden D, Møller M, Odom S, Gaildrat P, et al. Neural adrenergic/cyclic AMP regulation of the immunoglobulin E receptor alpha-subunit expression in the mammalian pinealocyte: a neuroendocrine/immune response link?. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:32758-64 pubmed..Pineal FcepsilonRIalpha and FcepsilonRIgamma may represent a previously unrealized molecular link between the neuroendocrine and immune systems. ..
- Ito S, Chen C, Satoh J, Yim S, Gonzalez F. Dietary phytochemicals regulate whole-body CYP1A1 expression through an arylhydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator-dependent system in gut. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:1940-50 pubmed..This machinery might be involved in naturally occurring carcinogenic processes and/or other numerous biological responses mediated by CYP1A1 activity. ..
- Ma C, Staudt L. LAF-4 encodes a lymphoid nuclear protein with transactivation potential that is homologous to AF-4, the gene fused to MLL in t(4;11) leukemias. Blood. 1996;87:734-45 pubmed..Therefore, the cloning of LAF-4 has defined a new family of potential regulatory proteins that may function in lymphoid development and oncogenesis. ..
- Glass W, Subbarao K, Murphy B, Murphy P. Mechanisms of host defense following severe acute respiratory syndrome-coronavirus (SARS-CoV) pulmonary infection of mice. J Immunol. 2004;173:4030-9 pubmed..In this species, proinflammatory chemokines may coordinate a rapid and highly effective innate antiviral response in the lung, but NK cells and adaptive cellular immunity are not required for viral clearance. ..
- Yocum A, Steiner L, Seidel N, Cline A, Rout E, Lin J, et al. A tissue-specific chromatin loop activates the erythroid ankyrin-1 promoter. Blood. 2012;120:3586-93 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate a model for the tissue-specific activation of alternative promoters that may be applicable to the ? 30% of mammalian genes with alternative promoters that exhibit distinct expression patterns. ..
- Takenaka T, Murray G, Qin G, Quirk J, Ohshima T, Qasba P, et al. Long-term enzyme correction and lipid reduction in multiple organs of primary and secondary transplanted Fabry mice receiving transduced bone marrow cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:7515-20 pubmed..The findings indicate that genetic correction of bone marrow cells derived from patients with Fabry disease may have utility for phenotypic correction of patients with this disorder. ..
- Romanienko P, Camerini Otero R. Cloning, characterization, and localization of mouse and human SPO11. Genomics. 1999;61:156-69 pubmed..Human SPO11 was also detected in several somatic tissues. Mouse Spo11 was localized to chromosome 2H4, and human SPO11 was localized to chromosome 20q13.2-q13.3, a region amplified in some breast and ovarian tumors. ..
- Cao X, Kozak C, Liu Y, Noguchi M, O Connell E, Leonard W. Characterization of cDNAs encoding the murine interleukin 2 receptor (IL-2R) gamma chain: chromosomal mapping and tissue specificity of IL-2R gamma chain expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:8464-8 pubmed..The cloning of the murine IL-2R gamma cDNA will facilitate the investigation of the role of this protein in lymphocyte function and thymic development. ..
- Valdez A, Cabaniols J, Brown M, Roche P. Syntaxin 11 is associated with SNAP-23 on late endosomes and the trans-Golgi network. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 6):845-54 pubmed..These data suggest that syntaxin 11 is a SNARE that acts to regulate protein transport between late endosomes and the trans-Golgi network in mammalian cells. ..
- Mischak H, Goodnight J, Henderson D, Osada S, Ohno S, Mushinski J. Unique expression pattern of protein kinase C-theta: high mRNA levels in normal mouse testes and in T-lymphocytic cells and neoplasms. FEBS Lett. 1993;326:51-5 pubmed..3 kb and 3.8 kb. Lower levels of similar size transcripts were found in normal brain, B lymphocytes and B-lymphocytic tumors and cell lines. ..
- DeSilva M, Notkins A, Lan M. Molecular characterization of a pancreas-specific protein disulfide isomerase, PDIp. DNA Cell Biol. 1997;16:269-74 pubmed..From these studies, we conclude that the pancreas expresses two members of PDI and that PDIp is a glycoprotein specifically expressed in pancreatic acinar cells. ..
- Gould T, Pfeifer K. Imprinting of mouse Kvlqt1 is developmentally regulated. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:483-7 pubmed..Late juvenile and adult animals show complete biallelism, suggesting an explanation for the lack of parent of origin bias in JLN and long QT. ..
- Kieffer Kwon K, Tang Z, Mathe E, Qian J, Sung M, Li G, et al. Interactome maps of mouse gene regulatory domains reveal basic principles of transcriptional regulation. Cell. 2013;155:1507-20 pubmed publisher..We propose that organisms rely on a dynamic enhancer landscape to control basic cellular functions in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Diella F, Levi G, Callahan R. Characterization of the INT6 mammary tumor gene product. DNA Cell Biol. 1997;16:839-47 pubmed..The restricted expression of the protein within the Golgi apparatus and its strong conservation throughout evolution suggest that Int6 may perform an essential cellular function. ..
- Nason Burchenal K, Wolff L. Activation of c-myb is an early bone-marrow event in a murine model for acute promonocytic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:1619-23 pubmed..This approach for detecting preleukemic cells will now allow the study of mechanisms by which these preleukemic cells progress to a more transformed state and, perhaps, to a more differentiated state. ..
- Calzada M, Zhou L, Sipes J, Zhang J, Krutzsch H, Iruela Arispe M, et al. Alpha4beta1 integrin mediates selective endothelial cell responses to thrombospondins 1 and 2 in vitro and modulates angiogenesis in vivo. Circ Res. 2004;94:462-70 pubmed..Therefore, alpha4beta1 is an important endothelial cell receptor for mediating motility and proliferative responses to thrombospondins and for modulation of angiogenesis. ..
- Buckholtz N, Zhou D, Freedman D, Potter W. Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) administration selectively downregulates serotonin2 receptors in rat brain. Neuropsychopharmacology. 1990;3:137-48 pubmed
- Kaneko K, DePamphilis M. Soggy, a spermatocyte-specific gene, lies 3.8 kb upstream of and antipodal to TEAD-2, a transcription factor expressed at the beginning of mouse development. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:3982-90 pubmed..Since mTEAD-2 and mSgy were not expressed in the same cells, the mSgy/mTEAD-2 locus provides a unique paradigm for differential regulation of gene expression during mammalian development. ..
- Brinkmann U, Brinkmann E, Gallo M, Pastan I. Cloning and characterization of a cellular apoptosis susceptibility gene, the human homologue to the yeast chromosome segregation gene CSE1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:10427-31 pubmed..Thus, CAS appears to play an important role in both toxin and tumor necrosis factor-mediated cell death, as well as in cell proliferation. ..
- Joyce C, Wagner E, Basso F, Amar M, Freeman L, Shamburek R, et al. ABCA1 overexpression in the liver of LDLr-KO mice leads to accumulation of pro-atherogenic lipoproteins and enhanced atherosclerosis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33053-65 pubmed
- Murtagh J, Moss J, Vaughan M. Alternative splicing of the guanine nucleotide-binding regulatory protein Go alpha generates four distinct mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:842-9 pubmed
- Nader N, Ng S, Lambrou G, Pervanidou P, Wang Y, Chrousos G, et al. AMPK regulates metabolic actions of glucocorticoids by phosphorylating the glucocorticoid receptor through p38 MAPK. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:1748-64 pubmed publisher..Because increased action of glucocorticoids is associated with the development of metabolic disorders, activation of AMPK could be a promising target for developing pharmacological interventions to these pathologies. ..
- Grøntved L, John S, Baek S, Liu Y, Buckley J, Vinson C, et al. C/EBP maintains chromatin accessibility in liver and facilitates glucocorticoid receptor recruitment to steroid response elements. EMBO J. 2013;32:1568-83 pubmed publisher..We suggest that selective targeting of GR in other tissues is likely mediated by the combined action of cell-specific priming proteins and chromatin remodellers. ..
- Brady J, Piatigorsky J. A mouse cDNA encoding a protein with zinc-fingers and a KRAB domain shows similarity to human profilaggrin. Gene. 1994;149:299-304 pubmed..Sequences that hybridize to this cDNA are detectable in ten other mammalian species. ..
- Klebanoff C, Spencer S, Torabi Parizi P, Grainger J, Roychoudhuri R, Ji Y, et al. Retinoic acid controls the homeostasis of pre-cDC-derived splenic and intestinal dendritic cells. J Exp Med. 2013;210:1961-76 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a critical role for RA in regulating the homeostasis of pre-DC-derived DC subsets and have implications for the management of patients with immune deficiencies resulting from malnutrition and irradiation. ..
- Hirano H, Screaton G, Bell M, Jackson D, Bell J, Hodes R. CD44 isoform expression mediated by alternative splicing: tissue-specific regulation in mice. Int Immunol. 1994;6:49-59 pubmed..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that the mouse expresses multiple variably spliced CD44 isoforms and that expression is regulated in a tissue- and cell-type specific manner. ..
- Inoue Y, Peters L, Yim S, Inoue J, Gonzalez F. Role of hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha in control of blood coagulation factor gene expression. J Mol Med (Berl). 2006;84:334-44 pubmed..In conclusion, HNF4alpha has a critical role in blood coagulation homeostasis by directing transcription of the FXII and XIIIB genes. ..
- Han S, Kim H, Seong D, Kim Y, Park Y, Bang Y, et al. Loss of the Smad3 expression increases susceptibility to tumorigenicity in human gastric cancer. Oncogene. 2004;23:1333-41 pubmed..These findings suggest that Smad3 expression may have a critical role in tumor suppression in the early stages of gastric carcinogenesis. ..